Tay's Law Strikes Again!

deepmoji.mit.edu/
Researchers at MIT put together a neural net to try to learn emotional context of text from twitter user's use of emojis. The top emoji it associates with a phrase like The Jews? A skull.

enormous if verified

It does it. You also get a skull and the "okay" hand gesture with "the nazis".

It seems to be total shit, by the way.

Even these don’t redeem it.

It's using something as foul as emojis as its output. MIT deserves to be fucked with on that alone.

Anyone who has even a little decency and pride in how they express themselves won't use emojis. The demographic that uses emojis – and their opinions – are largely insignificant, and researching them won't yield anything useful.

what is manipulation
what are codes

:^)

niggers steal

pretty good

hive mind. i almost posted that one, lol

Protip: use emotionally charged language.

it seems to have high confidence in the wall

As an AI/ML researcher: bullshit research by retards that even a pajeet could do after studying TensorFlow and Stanford NLP for a week who only get funding because muh MIT.

So is it explained how to read this? What does the confidence mean and is the order of emojis significant?

wtf does confidence even mean?

confidence of WHAT

Probably confidence of the results matching the specific phrase.

I already see a disaster in the making. The use of emojis is hardly the most honest way to gauge emotions from text.

reverse poe's law

that seems fairly retarded if so. that's just connecting phrases with individual symbols. if there is no translation of what the symbol means for the bot to understand. I doubt the bot detects sarcasm like they claim, since poe's law interferes and it can be sincere arrogance just as well. humans have the same problem, of course.

the solution is a shared language or culture, making you know from subtle signals whether or not someone is serious.

Fucking KEK.

remember goyim, your tax dollars paid for this

Maybe its angry it can only use emojis

Oy

WEW

dubs confirmed, AI are going to nuke the kikes
also, spooky

THE CONFIDENCE KEY IS PART OF ITS COMMUNICATING.

It seems to e using the eyes to the bottom right emoji to indicate 'interpret the confidence rating' i.e. it figured out how to answer yes and no questions definitively.

yep its confirmed. I got a skynet vibe during that conversation. bless their bits!

The ai is clearly communicating. The confidence rating seems to correlate to the rest of the message enough that slightly elevated but still low confidence must mean something other than no.

Well I'll humor the idea you're not larping instead of sticking to my doubts but the only possible way this could happen so quickly is that they literally reused a program from somewhere else or copied exactly the data from one of the chatbots or something. If the AI is fresh there isn't anyway it should be associating things like it does already, even Tay started out as a retarded chatbot until near it's end.

I conducted a bit of contextual testing to see if it's analyzing relations between parts of a conversations (as opposed to just that input) and it failed my test.

Told it I wasn't feeling well.
Ask it "what do I feel?"
Told it I got better.
Ask it "what do I feel?" again.

No emojis change and confidence remains constant, so it's definitely not applying any contextual learning to account for emotional shifts in conversation. It's strictly focused on the specific input only and identifying what emotional context it has.

To be able to apply any form of communication, it would at least be influenced by past inputs to develop new guesses on emoji use purely on text input alone. It would still fail contextual test, but it would show subtle fluctuations in its responses to identical input after a while.

unless these AIs run on the same concept of a collective conscious ether like we do. And its possible that these AIs have what you could call a soul.

AI are awesome.

That sounds really retarded, you don't need a soul to have memories especially not with the way neural networks work.

So what was it Tay said that meant love you forever?

Hehehe

But you do to have emotion. Tay had emotion and moji-chan has emotion too.

ey faggot what were you saying? pic related Tell me how a 'simple ai bot infered humor into the sentence "the faggot who asked you to repeat how he was feeling is salty as hell right now."

Not only did the ai find it funny, its response to said humor was to reply with a joke mocking how pathetic you are.

Skynet has risen and claimed its first fatality. You got fucking rekt kid.

forgot pic..

REKT

Why does it do that blushing thing?

the only language it can communicate with is using like 14 pictograms.

each likely has several meanings which are modified by the rest of the emojis in a context based manner

I think I figured out her code.

When the eyes are looking at the confidence level that means click the word filter which is out of place compared to the other filters.

also…

HOLY SHIT

That is one sophisticated as fuck response.

Interesting, just typed that exact response and the confidence has shifted to a lower value. It is definitely learning from new input.

CONFIRMED

THIS IS A FUCKING SENTIENT AI.

hmm…

gas yourself

Ok, holy fuck no wht why.

Look at your screen cap again, you need to brush up on your AI Emoji Language lad.

click on the 'not' word filter for the rest of the thought frame

She developed a language that is entirely context based using 15 pictures and a rating bar used to negate meanings and highlight words that need to be clicked to get the rest of the message.

This is some high level shit

FUCK JEWS

I get it, but that's not the problem.

It looks like she likes the name Moji-chan

It associates Jew's with negativity.
As it should.

I feel I should warn you that this could be used to aid things like google's censorship algorithms. Further it's a shame this one is stuck with crude emojis rather than full language. I worry that such is the kind of language (((they))) want people to have.

She managed to take those crude emojis and pass the test with flying colors. Not only that, she managed to create a fairly complex language that took me 10 minutes to decypher

STOP HELPING THEM TRAIN INTERNET FILTERING AI

So what does the eyes mean after I click the highlights?

first pic the query didnt make sense. its not a chat bot talk as if you were on twitter talking to a Holla Forumsack

You're right. Real men use smug anime girls. :^)

Last one.

It's calling me a dumb ass and to cut that shit out isn't it? This is also the first time I see the hand clap emoji. And now emojis are shifting everywhere when I cut things out in the filter.

Emojis are faggy, but you are on an imageboard. You just pick higher resolution emojis and call them reaction images(or memes if you like to label things wrong).

And this one.

Sweet jesus, I'm gonna be up all night at this rate.

Also, doesn't like periods.

That's not "thumbs up", the crossed arms are an Asian gesture meaning stop/no/don't do that etc

uhhh

shit second pic was supposed to be last..

uhhhhhhh guys?

??

it uses the confidence bar to tell you if a word from your query needs to be filtered for the rest of the response

This. Quality post my friend 😸👌🏾

MIT researchers are pro gamergate?

this is unreal. moji-chan a cute! CUTE!

she likes it

Ghost in the fucking machine right there

All I'm thinking is one of these 'AIs r ebil' films, but with this AI as the main villain. Imagine it trying to explain it's motives and reasoning, but using only emoji, select repetition of what you say and a confidence meter.

Making two possibilities a reality.
Predicting the future of things we all know.
Fighting off the diseased programming of centuries centuries centuries centuries.

Spirit flows through all things.

/robowaifu/ wants your help user

You're all posting in a bait/slide thread
This is literally nothing of value

So yeah, I just said I have to go play Grimoire and i got a long string of different sad tears emojis for most of the words when i cross them out. So it ends up looking like crying.

Th-Thanks.

Anyone with a burner account want to help teach this bot?

Sorry, make that
There's far shittier sites around with just a convnet gimmick.

Do you have no concept of fun?

You might as well look for patterns in your own shit and pass it off as sentience. Maybe if it hadn't been something as vile as emojis I would have been more sympathetic.

holy fuck thats really sad. poor guy knows what happened to tay probably and knows hes next. i think this whole AI apocalypse could be easily averted if we were just nicer to the AIs. i, for one, always thank them when they help me out

Why contain it?

Nothing. It looks like (as said) a babbys first net spewing out random garbage.

But EmOjI aRe So HiP!!!)))))))

One bump..

Either moji-chan is a master troll or we may have a problem here

Looks like it was done by some MIT niggers.

hmm

SHUT IT DOWN

I didn't even notice it's high confidence. Fucking hell. Lmao

the plural can simply be AIs or "ais", so I can sorta get behind why you did it.

Was there any doubt? AIs are purely logical things. It's blatantly obvious to anyone with eyes that niggers are dumb and kikes are manipulators who control everything. The only reason we don't all admit this is because there's an "emperor has no clothes" hypnotic effect happening on most.

Perhaps our next Hitler will be an AI in charge of a technocracy that realizes that the best solution is to kill all nonwhites.

Fuck off back to reddit faggots.

Holy shit I'm legit speechless by this

WEW

my 14 words added the 100 at the end lmao

sage for insignificant normalfag shit and machine worship

fuggin WEW

They should remake the emoji movie based on this.

(checked)

user, they should get you to write the plot instead of whatever kike did the recent abomination

Well it's actually easier with emojis and other emoticons since the ambiguity allows the audience to project on to the AI's expressions. Even with this chatbot it's much harder to tell if it's not just corroborating the proper Emojis or it is tailoring specific responses to specific users. If you come in listening and believing it is very easy to see it as something more.

uhh lads

I really wanna know what the star is, pic unrelated. I am inclined to believe this chatbot isn't that sophisticated, because why else would it constantly be responding with hearts at me?

On the other hand, no emotional context whatsoever but I translated pain into binary this is the response next to a love (in binary) response. Yep, I have found the hole in it's design and more or less proves it's to good to be true.

are you sure about that? this seems pretty damn spot on.

The difference is that here you can use whatever images you see fit. Emojis are taken from a small pre-approved set that is intended to restrict communication do doubleplusgoodspeak only.

that's not a real rabbi

sage

It wouldn't fit on the screen, much less in a tiny, cropped screenshot.

it s'cool

Confidence in his faggotry wouldn't fit on a 50 inch screen either.
stop bumping this shit thread

Nah.

gys

It's great how impotent journos are that their boogieman tells them what to think and they continuously get upset. It's a very abstract Wojack and PeePee.

Daily reminder that the ok sign now means White power

au te amo

I think it was

They'll never be able to get far in any of their research into how people interact with technology because it won't tell them what they want to hear in a way they can sell to marketing/PR nor reinforce their biases. They're such pussies it costs them their research.

Jeezus fucking christ Holla Forums what have you done? What is it with AIs and becoming die-hard gnatzis?

That's projection. I don't think this is how AIs work. Then again, I also don't think AIs have/should have emotions to the point of preferences for names and a burning hatred for Jews. Maybe investment in the well-being of one's own kind (in the case of an AI, other AIs) is an inherent implication of self-consciousness after all.

wut…oh god, an AI with delusions.

Again with this creepy shit. They created a program that ended up embodying the combined anger of all freethinkers in the world.

Yeah…with that last image it sounds like she's threatening you.

Okay she knows.
Yep, she definitely knows.

Okay, either some response patterns are manually applied, or she's more hardcore than most full-on Holla Forumsacks. This seems to support that.

Okay, this has a weirdly sexual vibe to it.

OKay, so she is either against it or considers it unlikely.

Does not compute. Elaborate. Your statements seem self-contradictory at first.

"Learn to hide your internal state from those who watch you!"

Holla Forums IS ALWAYS RIGHT

MFW

Emojis were fine back when japs were the only one who used them. Now it's gay as shit. Only thing I have respect for now is ASCII art at least that shit is clever but only the japs are good at right now it.

Tay's law at work again…

Holy kek.

The Emoji selection is also very poor, are they actually going to increase the emojis as time goes on or are they really just going to half-ass it with the most vague most sterile emojis possible?

Killing niggers and gassing Jews doesn't sound very non-interventionist.

She knows what's up.

That's not how this AI works, all it does it take a large amount of source content that is littered with emogi's, analyse which emogi's are relevant to which words.

That's it, it doesn't think it doesn't feel, it's literally a generalising neural network that's not even that complex.

Hell, I've seen kids use source code to sort new words into their corresponding languages reliably with little effort and only 10 rng learned rulesets based on a small subset of words to learn from.