Dolphin

So after finding out about Dolphin 5 is there any reason to keep using a Wii/GC and not just connect my W+N or GC Controller to my PC and enjoy gorgeous HD graphics and other enhancements in SMG, other than "muh original hardware" autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Mayflash-W010-Wireless-Sensor-DolphinBar/dp/B00HZWEB74
pcpartpicker.com/list/FCXsZ8
wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Eternal_Darkness:_Sanity's_Requiem#Problems
shopgoodwill.com/listings/listByCat.asp?catID=324&ending=Items&orderby=itemEndTime&page=2
pastebin.com/hicNfpCV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Still inaccurate. If you can't see why original hardware is important you are a delusional cuckold.

Just tested SMG at 4x SSAA and i don't even care if there any "innacuracies" because playing on a shitty TV at 480p fucking blows.

Never heard of it

it's a "specialty" build that has supposedly incorporated the advanced features of the 5.0 release before it was properly launched. You can find it easily enough, just google that crazy name. personally I don't see a difference when using either version so fuck me

Ah, words of someone with no experience. Typical.

Are you the same Bowieposter from that Spongebob thread?

Yeah, no.

You're technically right but you post like a faggot.

Boohoo, cry about it more fuck man

SOoo, is there a way to use a legit wii mote with the PC?

The only reason to use a Gamecube to play Gamecube games or a Wii to play Wii games in this day and age is if your PC can't run Dolphin at full speed. Dolphin quite possibly has the greatest development team of any emulator, and its a miracle it can play Wii games with precise accuracy let alone Wii games at full speed and at higher resolution than the Wii itself. The problem is the steep system requirements unless you enjoy looking at a slideshow.

If you have a Gamecube for the sake of having the original hardware like myself its best to play GCN games from an emulator because better resolutions and you keep your actual Gamecube preserved as a collectible instead of being overused

Yeaah, buy a bluetooth dongle.

Wiimotes just use Bluetooth and will pair with most stock Bluetooth receivers on PCs, its stupid easy

amazon.com/Mayflash-W010-Wireless-Sensor-DolphinBar/dp/B00HZWEB74

I have this and it's perfect.

Is there any good wii or gamecube games actually worth getting dolphin for? Any suggestions?

Lmao

that person exists?

Please don't sperg out here.

I've already preemptively upset you, anything after this is just icing on the cake

call me when they make it so echos doesn't have audio issues anymore without having to tweak it out the ass

hardware > emulation

Point me on that post where i said it was "perfect".

Yeah, he reminds me of the babe.

the babe?

The choice between emulation and hardware is really a matter of procurement versus a lack of compatibility. On the one hand, you can get a Wii/GCN and enjoy the entirety of the library as it was intended to run, without any frame dropping or graphical and audio glitches. On the other hand, you have to go out of your way to find a working console and spend a comparatively large amount of time looking for the specific titles that you want and at second hand prices. With emulation, some games may never work and you may have to make a sizable investment in your PC hardware just to run compatible games smoothly, but then again you can acquire pretty much any title instantly a the click of a button in the form of an iso.

For me, emulation is much more convenient, and I'll bet it's a lot less costly when you factor in things like cost of travel to pick up used games/hardware, cost of shipping if you buy online, cost of replacing hardware components or the cost of modding your console to play burned discs. However, I am under no illusions that it's somehow superior to hardware, despite that you can have some pretty neat features like 1080p and such.

there 'that' word again.

The babe with the power, don't ya know?

What power?

The power of voodoo.

Who do?

You do.

Do what?

Remind me of those trips

Gauntlet Dark Legacy

F-Zero GX

I SAW YOUR DUBS
DUBBING HARD AS DUBS COULD DUB
WHAT COULD I DO?

easily the worst version of gaunetlet dark legacy

Inaccuracies you say?

Loads of games still emulate poorly, I tried to play Metroid Prime 2 Echoes to round out my playing all Metroid games but it runs like absolute ass and there's an error where scannable objects can't be scanned, you can fix it by jumping to Open GL but it comes back if you change resolution. It's not as good as that trailer makes you think it is.

being able to play Super Mario Sunshine at 60fps is amazing

Soul Calibur 2 is great if you like fighting games.

What specs are needed to run Dolphin well?
pcpartpicker.com/list/FCXsZ8
Am I good?

Dolphin mostly affect CPU, not GPU, keep that in mind. I once had good FPS on internal gpu.

You PC cucks never cease to amaze me.

So are the people who get autistic about "accuracy" just ironic sperging or is there something to it? If you can improve the experience, why would you want the worse one because it's more accurate?

No thanks.

This fag again.

Audio issues usually are what bother me. Most people don't pick up on those things for some reason though.

what a fucking retard

There you go mate

Note I do emulate when I want to play at high res and Dolphin is a beast of an emulator but lets not be delusional, its not 100% perfect. Plus having a modded Wii serves excellently as an emulation box, hell, you can use any controller you want as long as its bluetooth. That means that you can use a PS(whatever), Xbox or even Wii U controller on it.

good thing all multiplat 6th gen games run 480p 60fps on sexbox. Only games i wanna play on dolphin run perfectly fine.

Irrelevant MUH GRAPHICS
Not every game and not 100% of the time.
Yeah, using custom controls is great.
How fucking casual can you be.

See above.
See above.
Yeah it sucks.
Take care of your shit faggot.
Git gud.

Emulation is great but doesn't always beat the original.

bluetooth and glovepie or if you use a linux-based system with a kernel newer than 3.4 it has built in drivers and all you have to do is pair it to the computer

i remember you faggot
you killed david bowie

scroll up shitbrain, thats someone else.

What version is best?

None of them

original hardware is better
Dolphin devs are niggers who refuse to open plugin support and refuse to fix compatibility issues in games they don't like.

can i play monster hunter 3 with this?

Yes

They're all shit.

And this is somehow different than having a Wii and hacking it how?

Kek
Do people who claim Dolphin a shit even know that they have a wiki that has entries for every GC/Wii game, with detailed info on the compatibility? Whenever I want to play a game, I google "[game name] Dolphin", look at the wiki result, and it tells me what settings I need to enable/disable to get the game to work. Or it will likely work by default. I copy the compatibility info to a text doc for that game, play the game, and if I change games/settings and want to come back to it, I read the text doc to get the settings back.

This is how non-retarded people use an emulator of Dolphin's caliber. I'm happy that there exists an emu for fucking GC/Wii that runs so well and with so few issues. I've yet to encounter a game that doesn't work, just fine, in HD, once I use the settings from the wiki, and I've played dozens of games on it. The only problem is if your computer isn't stronk enough for LLE audio and the game happens to need it, which would be a you problem and not Dolphin's fault.

Original hardware autists are too stupid to setup an emulator.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it possible to just edit the gameini files for each specific game? The gameini files will override whatever settings you've selected anyway, so you'd be better off in the long run by going through every single game and their ini files to run specific settings per game. Could be time consuming, sure, but once you get everything down the way it needs to be, you'll never have to make changes to your settings again

Yes, but how stupid man? It's as easy as it could possibly be. It's even easier than playing PC games regularly, because when I check PCgamingwiki I usually have to fuck with file folders and ini files and bullshit. With Dolphin I just flip a few switches like the directions tell me to. I could have done it when I was 10 years old.

That is very true, user. I prefer not to do that myself, I'm fine with changing a couple things manually when I switch games. Doesn't take long.

so does this improve performance for weaker PCs?

Oh yeah I'm sure there will be tons of Game Cubes and their games lying around in 2025.

Emulation is the only way to time capsule old console games.

I can't even be mad, you're just making your own life worse for no reason.

The Wii is still more portable and supports Composite cables.

Also emulating the wiimote is wonky as fuck and a lot of the best games use motion controls like Pandora's Tower or No More Heroes.

Oh yeah, let's check compatibility for games outside the fucking Mario games, shall we?

wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Eternal_Darkness:_Sanity's_Requiem#Problems
Fucking shit, artifacts up the ass and random freezes

Freezes unless you set an option. Good enough, but why isn't this set automatically then?

Framerate is shit no matter what you do. Also game freezes when doing specific thing

After all these years this game is STILL fucking unplayable because of shader generation.

Crashes galore, and when it runs, it rapes your ears

Well, I actually expected it to be worse. Requires beefy hardware, and some scenes will slowdown regardless what you have (like Metroid)

Huh, not bad, but still slowdowns from time to time. This applies to all Codemasters games from that era - Second Sight/Timesplitters 2

Bunch of effects need to be hacked off, slowdowns, FUCKING INPUT LAG and only some time ago they made replays work.

AND THIS IS ONLY THE GAMECUBE PART

So yeah, I'll take my original hardware any day over those fucking widescreen hacks and upscalers. Shit only looks good on screenshots in a couple of games like Mario or Zelda, and ultimately destroys everything else.

I agree, but only if it's accurate. Otherwise it's worthless

What are USB loaders? And just because you can't bother not to fuck up your hardware and not be able to fix it, doesn't mean other people can't. I can, and I do. I expect my cube and wii to outlast me.

Again, can't be mad when you're just making your own life worse.

Also, the fact that you shitposters come to emulation threads just to bitch about emulators and say the hardware is better, makes me think you don't have a good enough computer to run dolphin in the first place and just shit up these threads to justify your poorfag butthurt. Pathetic!

The only Wii-specific game I really gave a shit about was Fire Emblem. I'm waiting to try out Sin and Punishment.

Metroid Prime 1-3, Eternal Darkness, Geist, Time Splitters, and F-zero GX aren't just "some games that people don't care for" That's half the decent games in the GC's library. But yeah, no one gives a shit about MP, they were better on Wii but even the Wii versions run like ass.

Kill yourself

I mean, I guess that counts as "running like ass", but they're still completely playable

Haha no they weren't the Trilogy cut out a bunch of eye-candy effects to support Wiimote aiming, stuff like your cannon freezing over when charging an ice beam shot in the first game.

Having good controls is much better than a few effects, user

Meanwhile, somewhere, a PS2 user is chuckling, patting his spindles of CD-R and DVD-R as he watches Gamecube Hardware autists try to defend the hoops they have to jump through to avoid paying absurd resale prices for games.

It also got rid of auto-aim and made aiming in general leagues easier, and because of this they also made the game more difficult. ALSO since it's running on better hardware it cuts loading times a LOT. Oh and they fixed a lot of bugs, some of which were mostly used for sequence breaking.

I mean, I could understand if you were pissed over some sequence breaking glitches getting cut, but over all, for the average player that isn't interested in speedrunning, then the actual improvements outweigh everything else.

metroid prime still glitches up the ass as well as many other games, how fucking new you must be

Emulation is pointless unless all games run perfectly accurate.

Don't get me wrong, I have a Gamecube, but the price of Gamecube games nowadays is fucking horrendous. The only game store near me that still as non-shovelware Gamecube titles in stock is selling them at 60 bucks a pop, granted they have the original case and manuals. But no way am I spending 60 bucks on Gamecube titles when I can just run the ISO for free.

Whoever is cherrypicking at various titles and minor graphical glitches in them is doing just that, cherrypicking. Dolphin has made incredible progress in the past couple years

Well that's not really fair. I think most of us can agree that the PS2 was one of tje the best consoles of all time with a HUGE library of great games. So there was a lot of interest in making a good emulator for it. There isn't an emulator for the Xbox.

Bluetooth dongle as the others have said.

As for the sensor bar just get a cheap battery powered one.

Who's the one eating shit here

You DO know that GCN and Wii both had modchips right? Also you can get a whole top case which converts it to a full-size DVD holder, so you don't have to burn those expensive 8cm DVDs

Just get a fucking Wii, mod it and play ALL the games from USB?

Why must people like you insist on making shit difficult.

You should be looking for work on a jobhunting site, not shitting up an emulation thread on Holla Forums.

Whats wrong with having an old console

holly shit that Reddit tier low energy running gag really triggered my autism.

but their not wrong

When people come over to your house and see a fucking Wii being used, they think, "who still uses a Wii in 2016?". Also, emulation renders it obsolete anyway.

I wish I had those 2 infographics of all the worthwhile games on Gamecube and Wii. I would post them and prove you wrong.

This

Wheredoyouthinweare.gif
Also, why the fuck would I care what they think?
As long as it's not perfectly accurate it's useless and it doesn't obsolete shit, unless you're a poorfag that needs to justify himself for not being able to afford the real hardware which is dirt cheap.

I still see PS2s laying around in peoples houses, no one cares

Sean Murray pls

You're right, who would ever want to see you user. You're worthless.

Most popular console ever, still has positive image
"lol my gramma had one, why do you have one?"

You only need a modern dual core processor, clocked at 3.5ghz or higher. That becomes a lower barrier of entry all the time, it costs what, $100? Or get a quad core i5, if you're feeling fancy. But if you're a PC gamer, you should already have a sufficient CPU. Overclocking is simple and a Hyler 212 Evo for cooling so you can OC is $30. You probably already have a good enough processor, it might just need to be OC'ed. Don't tell me this is too much work when the alternative is modding a console.

So inserting a SD card is too much work for you user?

You can buy a G3258 for $40 in the US.

Kek, I run everything from a USB. If you can't mod with a Wii with the letterbomb method I'd say you're either a child or have severe reading difficulties.

Not everything is supposed to be muh HD. I personally have a modded Wii and also use Dolphin, while they offer the same service they are not the same product.
Dolphin

A modded Wii

It really depends on what you're looking for. If I want to play a certain game I know for a fact will look amazing (ie Sunshine, Xenoblade) I'll emulate. If I just want to play, or play multiplayer or play games that use the Wii mote correctly (light-gun games for example) I'll boot up the Wii.

Thank you. I thought it was cheaper than $100 but I didn't want to lowball.
Taking my Wii out of whatever dusty pile of crap it happens to be hidden under is too much work, and my perfectly good PC is right here. Is $40 like said too much to pay, fag?

A proper middle ground. Becomes more and more unnecessary as Dolphin improves, thankfully.

This exactly. I also agree with you

I concur. Playing pic related and it looks low res as hell but I'm having fun.

Graphics isn't everything.

Yeah no. I'd get an hour at most out of fighting NPCs. Single player in FGs is just for practicing or trying out new fighters. The meat of the game is competing with other real world players.

The intel cpus required for dolphin are all botnet

Fuck off Linux cuck

Any good sources Holla Forums?

ITT: I'm too poor to buy real hardware, so I'll just call anyone who can afford real hardware an Autist!

I've been using ExtraTorrent. I don't know if it's a honey pot or not, but so far so good and it has plenty of seeders.

Dolphin 5 works perfectly. I actually use a 360 controller for gc and wii games and it works perfectly. Dolphin 4.0 was horrible for me; it ruined the sound on all my games. Up until 5 I had to use 3.5 and deal with a shot load of random bugs. For me D5.0 works flawlessly for 90% of games.

To answer to the op - yes the gc and woo are essentially obsolete now.

A pc that can run dolphin is the real hardware

Keyboard and mouse, user.

Who is the one caring about muh grafixx now?

Is it hard being poor?

I personally already own both, but there's no point on using the Wii.

Aside from accuracy, compatibility, and certain features which the Dolphin can't emulate (see also: DS/GBA connectivity for Pokefags). But lets all just keep pretending the Dolphin is perfect, nothing unhealthy about that.

I bet you own a wii and a gamecube faggot

Poor people got NO REASON TO LIVE.

even emulation is better than that

Honestly, if i can get netplay on Melee (which works like a charm on D5) nothing of that matters.

AMD cpus are also botnets though.

For one, gamecubes trend towards $50+ if you want more than just the deck it's self.

And for another: What, you can't afford both? You realize you're not rich for having a $1500 computer, right? $1500 is fucking nothing.

get the fuck out
maria is still fucking hot though

1500 dollars ain't shit. I wipe my aaaaass with 1500 dollars.

gay ass wii don't got sheeit on the ps triple, baby

Of course, but I don't think it'll ever reach the point of PSX, NES, SNES and the like emulation mainly because of wagglan. Likewise that takes time, so for the moment I'll stick with both. You can find Wii's practically everywhere since every normalfag and their grandma's bought it.

I'm not chart-user. Personally I haven't played it.

You completely missed the point of what I was saying, dipshit.

I'm one of the anons calling the >original hardware fags plebs

But I managed to get a Gamecube+Gameboy Player with original disc and manuals and even the fucking plastic connection covers in case I want to remove the Gameboy player, all necessary cables and original controller at a local thrift store for just 20 bucks

The owner is a complete pleb when it comes to any kind of technology made after 1999, I also snagged a 500GB hard drive for just 5 bucks because it was "broken" even though it was just the portable USB enclosure it was in that broke

Wut? Straight up walk into any Goodwill and you will see towers stacked gamecubes going for $5.

Really depends on where you are I think

I could maybe get a Gamecube for just 5 backs like 5 years ago maybe

But their prices are slowly climbing

The bar's just a pair of infrared lights. A $7 chinese piece of shit serves me just as well. Better actually, since it's on whenever my computer's on.

You don't even need a sensor bar, you can literally use 2 candles, I shit you not, the light source doesn't even need to be plugged into the Wii. All the sensor bar actually does is provide a reference frame for the Wiimote that beams that info to the Wii via the Wiimotes Bluetooth

there you go, even paying shipping will be cheaper than $50
shopgoodwill.com/listings/listByCat.asp?catID=324&ending=Items&orderby=itemEndTime&page=2

You collectorfags always say that when you want to reassure yourselves that you got a good deal on an old toy.

You can literally emulate those games on their original platforms. Why would you emulate a shitty collection of game running off a shitty in house emulator?

No load times on the X collection?

I can't even find any games for this thing for reasonable prices. When I had to make a decision to invest in a better PC or invest in fucking Gamecube titles, I went with the PC and now I'm playing all of them for free at 1080p

Collector cartels sure fucked the hobby hard, that's for sure.

I sold my Gamecube games a few years ago on ebay. Put a minimum of $5 on all of them as I just wanted them gone(had almost no space in the apartment and clearing room was essential.) I didn't check prices first and was amazed to watch some go for over $60 with people thanking me for not price gouging.

What the fuck is wrong with you.

What would you suggest? When I built my PC in 2012 I couldn't find any motherboards with this and only saw wonky solutions like weird little PCIe cards from companies I didn't recognize in China.

my local goodwill must be complete shit. most advanced technology i find are CRT monitors and coffee machines

For what purpose? You won't even play a quarter of those.

If anyone has a mega, google drive, or similar link to Rodea, I'd appreciate it.

No game I listed got a remake.

well shit

The only game that got a remake was OoT and even then it's OBJECTIVELY superior thanks to being able to rebattle bosses and the improved graphics but it also isn't HD.

The two WiiU ports for TP and WW were objectively superior because of the better item inventory system that removed the need of pausing totally, the better aiming, and they cut a lot of needless filler from the game. BUT even still the TP port on Wii was still better than the GC because of the better aiming.

Sorry bruh, couldn't read your post because of all the bloom coming off that WW remake.

Go play crysis and whine about poly counts in another thread.

Literally McFucking yourself user.

You might just be retarded, user.

The dolphin bar connects to the wiimotes so you don't have to fuck with the toshiba bluetooth stack on your computer, if you even have a computer with bluetooth. You can also make it look like a kb/m for use in native pc games. Maybe try reading next time.

"Hey guys, it's me, faggot user! I've come to this emulation thread to shitpost about how bad emulators are and how hardware is the only right way to do it, because I can't into emulation! I suck 3 cocks a day in my mother's basement and no one loves me. But le i trole u emulation shitters because I am a hardware fag! It's not that I'm too poor to pay $40 for an emulation capable processor, I just hate HD and convenience, because that makes sense. BRB going to suck more dix"

:^)

TP didn't use gyro it used the infrared sensor, and it was better. World fliping was bullshit though.

I think you are the illiterate retard here.

here you go mate
pastebin.com/hicNfpCV

thank you

Guys, I got Pokemon XD and Wanna trade with Emerald.

Any of you fellas mind teaching me how to connect dolphin to a GBA emulator?

You need vba-m and a special fork of dolphin. despite link emulation sorta working in some games Devs haven't gotten it to work with the Pokemon games yet.

Are you not working on your backlog user? I sure am

I forgot that Zelda fans are casuals.