See someone saying Rodina is shaping up to be the game that No Man's Sky wanted to be

Has anyone played it? What did you think of it?

Looks like shit.

To be honest, it looks boring as fuck.

it's got the idea, but looks like it was executed terribly (oh hey, like No Man's Sky!).

No Man's Sky at least looks pretty.

The only thing Nu-Male Sky has is looking pretty. There is literally nothing else to the game.

the game nms wanted to be was a walking simulator.
boring as fuck is par for the course

I still play Freelancer from time to time, can't get into X.
I remember trying this, but it wasn't fun and looked hideous.
I had hopes for Elite Dangerous, but then they decided to do it online only, so I lost interest.

I hope that guy working on Limit Theory will eventually finish it (if he doesn't turn crazy again)

There are things much worse in Elite: Dangerous than the always online requirement. You made the right choice.

Rodina is unfinished and boring as shit. the only thing it has going for it is that it has bigger planets and (I believe) a smaller scale for more density of shit to do.
I'd get my hopes up for Limit Theory and Rouge System.
Rouge system currently is playable, and seems to be what Star Citizen kinda promised, but it's not all up there yet.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll give them a look.

Made by a former Zenimax employee.

I played about a year back when someone else made a thread for it, it was interesting but unpolished and was missing a lot of features, I wonder how much they added to fill the emptiness since then.

That explains a lot actually.

It's being developed by literally one guy
Who worked on daggerfall, and wants this to be like that

My money's on him dying before it ever actually resembles a fully fledged game

hey waita minnit

learn color theory you superficial estrogen elementals. NMS looks like a rinse bucket for some stone college kids dorm mural.

what the fuck is roodina?

"Rodina" means "Family" in most slavic languages.

but, there's a game rodina? why the fuck it has rimworld image?

It doesn't, and Rimworld's picture is just a Photoshopped up version of a real picture of Mars

I'm slavic and you're a faggot. It's "Rodbina".
Sage for offtopic post.