Excited for new content for DS3?

Do you absolutely hate DS3 yet?

What do you want for the next title?

Will Ni-Oh be decent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let's get this out of the way:

-DeS or BB are the best, wich one you prefer depends on your personal needs and what you mechanically like about the series.

-DaS1 is the second best.

-DaS3 is the third best and could be fixed to be on par with DaS1 if they heavily modified core mechanical aspects of the game such as how, and how often hyperarmor is applied to many moves.

-DaS2 is the worst of them all and no one, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE likes it aside PVP shitters that should never be listened to, ever, they're the worst part of the community and should all be lined up and shot.

Let's not

That one guy that shows up in every thread really likes it

off to a good start

How the fuck is DeS better that DaS faggot?

Because it came out first? Ignoring all its fucking problems?

Get the fuck out of here.

After a long break, picked DaS3 again and started a new build (Quality-Faith) that I'll probably regret making halfway through but at least, this doesn't require any +2 Rings. Been playing more sparingly, amidst breaks from Yakuza 5.
I'm hoping the DLC fixes most of the issues with the vanilla release. Lorewise, I hope they give more info on any of the following - Sulyvahn, Ludleth, Gwynere and her daughters, the Age of Deep Aldrich saw and Londor and its Sable Church.

I haven't played one in a while, but I am going through the BB DLC in NG+.
Meh, I'm not getting too excited for it, not until I know more about what it contains.
I played through it twice, I don't hate it. I don't love it either.
Hopefully. It is getting another alpha demo this month so I would be interested in what they've changed. Personally I hope it becomes more Onimusha than DS but that's just me.

That one guy is autistic on par with ass autist, vegetarian autist, christfag missionary autist and all our regular autstis on Holla Forums that are fucking insane and should never be taken seriously.

Also by the way if anyone here is looking towards Ni-Oh to get their souls fix they're in for disappointment.
If you played the alpha the game was very much it's own thing even if it had many similiarities to the souls series.
In fact, souls players whining and asking the team to remove or change anything that is different about it in order to conform to the souls school of game design is only making the game worse and less original.

DeS was good because it was a new thing, with new systems, people didn't know what the fuck was going on and had to adapt to it's systems, not the other way around.
People have become lazy and unable to explore new games that do things even remotely different from what they're used to.
Soulification of Ni-Oh is absolutely not a good thing and i hope it hasn't been soulified to the point where all it's original aspects have been crushed.

We need interesting variations, not copy paste bullshit.

How is DaS better than DeS, besides just having more content? It's blatantly unfinished, full of padding and mediocre bosses, and a lot of the changes were obviously designed-by-committee decisions, like the open world and the focus on multiplayer.

Well, most of it wasn't new if you'd played King's Field and Shadow Tower, but I see what you mean.

i've gotten through NG+7 bloodborne a couple of times, i fucking love that game, especially with my bloodtinge build

I have a separate character i've made that uses the Beast's Embrace and Beast Claw who's only purpose is to finish the game over and over again when i feel like playing BB.
He's basically my "BB arcade mode" character.

I prefer this system compared to doing random chalice dungeons, i've done all of them and cleared the pthumerian queen on 8 characters so that got a little boring for me.

yea i struggle to motivate myself to get through all of them these days after doing it once or twice

If they're looking for an outright Souls clone, I guess they might be jarred a bit, but once I got a half-decent handle on Ni-Oh's alpha- and I've watched gameplay of people that were better yet, meaning I have more learning to do- I really adored it. Three movesets in one was the shit. The stamina attack system was very interesting. The only thing I didn't like was the early scarcity of whetstones combined with paper weapon durability, and that was apparently tweaked. Another thing that seemed especially neat to me is that there might be hidden things to boss fights that the player is not in any way cued into, like the baboon-tiger's hollow ribcage being an instastun if hit with anything, even a shuriken. The magic system was interesting, too, consisting largely of paper blessing buffs. Hoping for a monk or Miko-slanted character for a spirit/magic gouge build; extra careful dungeon crawling through the main level due to lower than average physical combat stats, then buffstacking like mad on bosses & Youkai fog enemies.

King's Field & Shadow Tower were first-person, though, and a bit slower paced. What's funny is that DeS started out with a similar pace, but an unsuiting camera & level scale for it, before Miyazaki unfucked it. After that, it was a hit. And King's Field style first person slowboating remains enjoyable. New twists on good formulas is rather the way to go, and they have to be radical & sensible at once, or else you risk milquetoast reception like DS3 or the huge division on DS2.

I wish PS4s weren't so fucking expensive in my 3rd world country, Bloodborne sounds like the kind of game I'd waste hundreds of hours into.

quality faith is okay, but to get the most out of any buffs in Faith you have to be at 60 and use DMB with something which is a serious stat gouge

Ah well.
Anyway DS2 is a turd and still better than DS3 and you all know it.

You could say the same about DeS. Unfinished, mediocre bosses.

I beat dark souls for the first time yesterday. Gwyn was such a satisfying final boss to fight as a strength build character.

Any tips on my dark souls II run? Playing them in order. I'm hooked. I love these games.

some hints for dark souls 2 - get your Adaptability up as soon as possible in order to raise your Agility stat - this determines your I-frames in your rolls, 95 to 100 agility is about on par with DS1 fast roll I-frames

another thing would be to get healing wares as a starting item because there are so few estus at the beginning of the game

Not "half the game is missing" unfinished

Not Asylum Demon/Taurus Demon/Capra Demon/Moonlight Butterfly/Iron Golem/Centipede Demon/Firesage Demon/Bed of Chaos/Four Kings/Seath/Stray Demon/Priscilla/let's stop before I list every boss in the game mediocre

Dark Souls II is not as good as the first one. If you've already go it then go ahead and give it a try though.
Pro-tip: ADP is probably the most important stat, make sure to level it to at least 20.

Crossing that one off the list.

Forget anything about Poise you learned in DS1 because it won't help you in DS2.

lol

what?

Where did you learn to fly?

Shit. Does that mean shielding attacks is basically useless now?

Shields are still useful but dodge is even useful than before, so if you're good enough at the game using a shield just means not 2 handing your weapon to shank a nigga hard/not powerstancing while dual weilding to shank a nigga twice.

Poise determines how many attacks it takes from a weapon for you to get stunned. What you're looking for is stability, which determines how much an attack drains your stamina bar if you block.

Nah blocking is still viable, but don't bother trying to level up your poise.
You get poise through gear and you need a decent shield that wont eat up to much of your stamina with each block. Thus having high stamina and heavy gear if you want to turtle is obviously a plus.

DS1>BB>DES>DS3

spoiler that shit, you also didn't include DS2

Back to Dark Souls 1 for best pvp in the series

Absolutely, haven't read anything about it so keen to go through totally blind

I actually really like the pve in that game, story wise it's not as original as Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne, but the level and monster design still feels very inspired and there are a lot of good bosses. The biggest problem I have with the game is the pvp, it just feels so fucking stale, the fact that there's no viable tech just
means there's no depth.

I really want a bloodborne 2, but if not I want a sci fi souls game.

It looks fun

The little I've looked up about the DLC says that it might come in sometime this month, but nothing has been said about it outside of that.

Shhhh

I think for what opportunity there is to polish up Bloodborne with a sequel, there's a much, much larger likelihood to totally butcher the delicate balance that game had, and its uniqueness would only be smeared with oversequelization.

It would be better if they'd take a god damn break from the series and let their newfound fame bolster a new entry in some other series, like Echo Night or Tenchu. Or switch the dark dungeon-crawlers back to first person so I can get my King's Field V.

What was your stats for bloodtinge? I'm about to do one, but I don't want to fuck it up by putting too many points into skill or something.

Also, friendly reminder that Nioh will have another demo on the 23rd.

H. R. Giger inspired souls game when?

i've played way too much Dark Souls 3 PVP since it came out, but even with all the nerfs and rebalance they've done so far - they still haven't fixed the stability on greatshields like Shield of Glory, and if they never do, then i'll probably just give up on the higher end duels between the better players simply because that meta is pure cancer if tounreys and other shit ban carthus rouge continually. Its impossible to break someones guard using a shield of glory with practically any weapon, and they can just roll away at the last second if need be.

although there is weird shit like using carthus blood ring and gotthards - because the extra i-frames make you invincible during a rolling L1 attack since they carry over during its attack frames, making it unpunishable other than parries

oh god i don't even remember, i just remember that it was like level 180 or something past a certain point when i just stopped caring at NG+6 and above

I think Souls games should just rest for now, just wait a bunch of years until it feels kind of fresh again.

DaS3 PVP will never be balanced because the game itself isn't balanced, because it's broken on a mechanical level.

Everything, from your own weapon arts to all the enemies in the game, has absolutely retarded hyper armor on 90% of the moves.
But at the same time you, as a player, have very little poise.
This makes fast, light weapons reign supreme over anything else.

It's essentially a game that takes a bunch of elements from other souls games but doesn't implement them correctly, the ending result is a game that is fundamentally broken because it hasn't been balanced around it's own core elements.

It has the balance of DaS1 with the poise of almost BB and the hyper armor of an entirely new game that hasn't been designed to be a souls game to begin with.

A mess, a clusterfuck of conflicting ideas, i've got the feeling there was zero communication among the developers when it was being made.

I only played DaS1, didn't care about 2 or 3, but I've heard good things about BB. Now, my brother bought a PS4 and wants me to pay half of it (200 bucks) if I want to use it. Would it be worth it just for BB? There may be some more games worth the price but I didn't follow PS4 games that much and BB is the only game I would care about right now.

That sounds awesome, though would it really be a melee oriented game?

I really don't know, but i liked how bloodborne had those lovecraft influences and wondered if something similar could be done with Giger influences
Probably wouldn't be a melee game so i suppose that fancy new fps is the best we'll get

From what I've heard PS4 is only worthwhile for BB and possibly Ni-Oh when it comes out for now. This gen is really lackluster so far, but if you've got a chance for owning a PS4 for half-price you'd have to be a stupid goydummy not to get it.

Gravity Rush 1 and 2, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, the lastest Basara games, plus being the main platform for the FGC when we aren't talking Killer Instinct.

There's some reasons to own a PS4 but you gotta be into japanese games/specific ports/fightning games with your IRL FGC local scene.

You could do something similar to whatever the two-stage weapons in BB are called where they have a ranged form that does moderate damage and switch to a melee form when someone with a stun baton or something gets really close.

Tell your brother that he's a Rick

But if you like these games for melee and not magic/faith, and for singleplayer and not multiplayer, you'll probably like it. I put hundreds of hours into it in a year so I'd say it was a fine investment, and the PS4 is going to get more games someday.

*dick
Or you could tell him he's the Rickest guy around

FUCK OFF LAHEY

i still really only play bloodborne on my PS4, maybe Ni-Oh will change that

DeS is okay
DaS is great
DaS 2 is okay
DaS 3 is good
BB sucked ass.

GET FUCKED

No.

People like you are why the Souls fanbase is so cancerous.

kill yourself, retard.

If you're mad because you like DaS2 i literally don't consider you a human being.
If you're mad but you don't like DaS2 you're free to speak your mind but i also don't really give a shit about your opinion on anything.

Ok that's fucking it.

I just can't fucking stand this game anymore. Suggest me some shit that I can play instead.

I won't touch it until DLC, and only if the DLC fixes the core gameplay.

No, you're just a shit stirring, elitest little faggot that has turned what was once a great, thriving community, into one of the absolute worst.

As previously stated, kill yourself, retard.

Post h8 and r8 builds

Then i don't care.

Play the Ni-Oh beta at the end of this month or wait for it's release.
Go back and play (or replay) Severance: Blade of Darkness, Rune and Die by the Sword

I don't understand why people can't try making a cutie in this game.

because they always end up looking like steven tyler

It was a perfectly pleasant thread before you showed up, the only one shitting anything up is you.

Looks like a crack whore to me

Been playing SOTFS since I havent played DaS2's dlcs. Strangely, I've been enjoying it way more than I did vanilla das2, even though it's basically the same game. Hell, I'll probably rate it above das3 if the other two dlc packs are as good as Sunken King was.

Ivory King > Sunken Kung > Iron King

r8 my undeadfu.

8/10 she better not have a penis of course as long as it's feminine penis it's not gay right? :^)

No, she doesn't. I wish I knew how to make good-looking traps in this game

Does DS3 still suck ass?

Wait, don't answer that.

Both are shit honestly.
DaS2&3 tried to add shit but as a result forgot important features, the feel, and in general ALOT of thing that made it really fucking shallow.
DaS2 made some good but at the same time HORRIBLE design choices and DaS3 is having a fucking identity crisis of whether or not it wants to be Bloodborne 2.0 or Dark Souls.

You have that backwards

I love Soulsborne games but by DS3 Miyazaki phoned it in. The passion is gone. Hoping his new IP rekindles the flame

I don't think DaS3 is shit -because- of Miya.
If anything, DaS3 isn't as shit as DaS2 was only because Miya kept the team in check.
It seems like both DaS2 and 3 were essentially cash grabs that were ordered to be made by bamco and they just used the shittiest part of the team to patchwork some shit out, with the only difference being DaS2 didn't have Miya in a position of power to mitigate the retardation that was going on during development.

While in BB they had a bunch of new ideas, some decent funding, and Sony devs to help smooth out the developing process, resulting in a much better final product.
Basically Miya needs to work on something different every time and he needs a good team, not this B team bullshit.

Does DaS3 still make PC's sound like a fucking jet engine?

Some what…

I hate how blues can't invade anyone that invades a host. I also hate how that Aldrich doesn't have a cutscene like the other bosses.

What the fuck would he even say to you.

DaS1 > BB > DeS > DaS3 > DaS2
before any DeScucks get triggered I think the most important factor for me when judging these is build variety and how different each run feels (DaS3 is so low because the game is incredibly linear so every run feels the same). However, the non build parts of Bloodborne are so absurdly good that I rank it as number 2 anyways (muh lore, combat, setting, music, art direction).

I almost hate 3 as much as 2 despite it being one of my favorite to go through on the first time. The combat is arguably the best in the series, and it has some of the best level design too (I love the library and undead settlement in particular). However, out of all of the games (even Bloodborne) it is the most linear since the only major branch until near the end of the game is if you kill the dancer early on, but there is little reason to do so since it's significantly more challenging than going through the game normally which you have to do anyways so 99.9% of builds will have no reason to do it out of order. Compare that to something like DaS or DeS where straight off from the beginning of the game you have direct access to at least 4 areas at a time, and those often connect to multiple areas too so you can make interesting routes through the game depending on what you need for your build.

I do hope the DLC will give some more variety to runs and I would like another excuse to play through the game again (only bothered to beat it three times and even those were on the same character just to get the 100%). Have they fixed weapon balance so the straight swords aren't undisputably the best weapons in the game (from a PvE standpoint at least). I found Anri's Straight Sword on accident my first run which was actually a luck build since I was trying to use the bandit knife and everything else I tried even with ridiculous stats didn't compare at all. IIRC the R1s hit for over 550 pure physical damage per swing when I buffed it with Blessed weapon which was ridiculous considering how fast it is.

He's right though

Sure there were covenants but in terms of actual gameplay you had a ton of incentive to invade in DeS (no cracked orbs and it was available from near the start), there was even a PVP boss (Old Monk). I would argue that each game has had less of a focus on multiplayer than the last, where you're at the point with DaS2/3 where invasions are pretty much pointless other than grinding covenant items.

>>>/neogaf/

she looks like a malnourished drug addict

It isn't, surprisingly. I lived with a roomate that had a PS4 so I bought Bloodborne when we moved in, on paper it's the best in the series byfar with its crazy weapons, cool setting, elder god tier music/art direction, and chalice dungeons, but the game is just fucking boring after you beat it. The huge variety in weapon movesets makes it a better action game but a worse RPG, since every weapon can fulfill pretty much every role thanks to all the transformations and shit. This means repeat playthroughs with different weapons feel the same despite the weapons looking so different. It's also the second most linear game in the series (first is DaS3), so those repeat playthroughs also feel very similar in terms of where you're going and when you go there. Lastly the chalice dungeons suck donkey dick outside of a couple bosses because they aren't actually procedural, just lazily designed, and since you have to grind them so much to unlock the later ones you're stuck replaying the same shitty dungeons multiple times to get to another set of samey shitty dungeons.

My recommendation is to watch ENB's playthrough of it. If you don't know who he is, he's universally known as the most well rounded player of these games in that he knows quite a bit about the music, gameplay, story, builds, level/enemy design, and even development stuff. He's talked with Miyazaki himself quite a bit and was hired to write DaS2's strategy guide. His playthrough will tell you everything you need to know about Bloodborne except how boring it is on repeat playthroughs.

They show him eating trap penis :3

Nice tranny.

Because it's fucking hard due to the jawline being absolutely miserable to get right.

Boyish but good.

Fuck no, watch Aegon of Astora's lore run.

Why does it do that?

WE WUZ ASHEN ONES AND SHEET

I've been taking a break since these games were pretty much the only ones I've played for quite some time.
I do have to convince myself to not spend more time on Bloodborne every time I pick up the controller. I sincerely love this game.

Last one before the break was DaS3, for the Platinum trophy.

I'm looking forward to the setting. No clue what it could be about - the environments are always a highlight of the series for me.

I think it's a great PvE game, and that's all I care about.
I wish they brought back Chalice Dungeons somehow, but this time in a way that actually enables you to play with others without waiting half an eternity.

Mechas.

I played the demo and wrote a long post about my impressions on Holla Forums, but nobody gave a shit.
So short answer: Yes.

Yeah, no, almost all of the hardcore PvPers I've know fucking hate DaS2, and with good reason.

Because it's the best mp-experience this franchise has provided? Please. Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne pvp is absolute diarhea of R1 smashing and ganking, DaS1 was connection timeout Souls.

Please, Dark Souls 2 pvp is absolute fucking trash. The reason you hear it talked up so much in the souls community (not any pvp communites with decent players, mind you) is because it's level of nuance is so low that any shitter can pick it up. The most fun I ever had in DaS2 pvp was trolling the idiots that play it. I would spam all the OP shit mentioned above. I won just about 90% of my fights doing that shit. Lastly, you're complaining about lag in DaS1 while talking about DaS2 multiplayer? Do you have no self-awareness? DaS2 by far has the worst netcode. I can not tell you how many times I've backstabbed someone while they were facing me, or been hit from 20 feet away, or parried someone 20 feet away from me. It may haver happened a few times to me in DaS1, but it happened to me in just about every fight in DaS2.

I just picked up DaS3 having bought a new PC. I've gotten up to the Wolf Covenant and opened a few of the shortcuts in the Cathedral. I'm really glad the level design has been improved since DaS2 and enemy placement and aggro range is less batshit crazy. I do feel like some of the original charm from DaS1 is missing, but maybe thats because so many assets are familiar to me.

I gotta ask, is game file hacking a big thing on pc? I invaded some dude last night and did no damage even though I head the sound effects of me hitting him. At first I figured it was a connection problem with a few hits but it went on throughout the whole fight. Kinda makes me sad cause the bulk of my DaS1 playtime was making theme builds for invasions throughout the world.
Fuck just thinking about it makes me want to get the game on PC. Also how is the multiplayer on DaS1 Steam? Anyone still play it?

It had a lot more variety than 3 had. And maybe your internet is just shit?

Apply yourself.

Apparently in DaS3 people only use 3 weapons compared to the 4 they use in DaS2. Luckily, I don't give 2 shits about DaS3, I just think it's funny that a Dark Souls 2 player is whining about R1 spam, lag, and lack of variety (havel mages) in pvp. And my internet is fine, DaS2 just suffers from the same lag that every other game in the series does albeit a little worse.

Look i don't give a shit about the souls PVP community, i think it's literally subhuman trash that should be lined up and shot for even remotely approaching this series with PVP as their main priority, they're walking abominations that should be purged out of this series fanbase, forcefully, like the filthy infestant weeds that they are.

However every single PVP scum i'ver ever seen over the years agrees upon the fact that the go to souls game for PVP is DaS2.
So basically i don't give a shit if you had a better time in 3 PVP wise, you're clearly not the majority, even among the PVP filth, so your opinion is worth less than nothing even among those animals.

I think she came out pretty great. I plan to use her when the expansions come out to balance my karma by triggering mentally handicapped redpillers such as yourself.

This is probably the most fun part about invasions. Also

You sound really edgy, but I agree, it should be mainly SP game with online elements to spice it up. However, the thing is that Bloodborne Souls is inferior even as a singleplayer game. The combat isn't really fun, there is no exploration and the tone is more shallow with each game. They should go back and look at King's Field games and take some of that the next time they make whatever they will make.

''If' any expansions come out.

They will shit out something. Otherwise they will have to refund all those season passes the good goys bought.

Easy access to multiplayer was a mistake for the series. It's not about fucking around with 2 other idiots and "owning" the content. Easy coop just means even the lowest level of retard can beat the game, thus fuelling the cancerous fight club scene more.

It's pretty mediocre, it's DAS3 levels.
The pvp sucks dick, the build variety is near nonexistant, armor doesn't matter, and the music which is nice gets drowned out by how loud the bosses are. The bosses themselves are nothing to write home about, they're pretty standard.
It does basically nothing new to the souls formula except the little dodge instead of a roll. So it suffers from the same problem as every other souls game, but a bit enhanced because of the low weapon variety.
Also chalice dungeons are horrible and whoever put time into them should be fired.

Not saying you're wrong, but if what you say is true - and I pretty much agree with you - then why the hell is it that you get journalists and faggots on larger game forums bitching about how these games don't have easy mode?

Ever tried sunbroing at bosses like Sulyvahn or the Princes? Even with 2 bro-tier phantoms, the survival rate of hosts is very low.

Which one started the hardcore competititve MLG Giantdad Zweihander minmaxing cancer?

Speaking of which, isn't he gay for real now or something?

Heterosexual men don't dress like girls, so I would assume so

Can we agree that this was a really good ending for the series?

Probably the best final boss they could've done, honestly.

This thread needs some lore.

Every time I see art like this I can't help but think to myself that the author just took a fucking screenshot from the game and threw a series of filters over it. Fuck me.

Are any of these better?

Yes, at least with these I get the impression that what I see are original works, and not something that could be created by modifying a screenshot.

What exactly is wrong with this? He was almost entirely neutral on a topic that even if you support you should at least acknowledge the fact that there is/was so much unknown about the consequences of it, meaning that having a viewpoint that is for, against, or neutral about it is reasonably justified. And he's right about globalization being inevitable because of the rise of the internet, right now you are posting on an imageboard that generally discusses and prefers Japanese games where most users are either American or European. There are a ton of cultures blending here right now, and I think almost everyone that goes here has been influenced by imageboard culture to a pretty significant degree.

What's wrong with him?

It's not DaS's fault that the pvp meme took off any more than DeS. This was a combination of a wider release, marketing that pushed the "git gud" mentality, and the PC port which means anyone can record and make videos.

I dunno if you are an actual artfag but I am and that pic was most definitely done by hand

In the hands of almost any other developer it would have been completely retarded but somehow they pulled it off. On paper it sounds awful: "the final boss of the third game in an RPG series with lots of build variety is the PC from the first game in generic armor that has lots of weapons he switches between plus the first game's final boss all in one dude"

but they actually did it the absolute madmen

I like Bloodborne the most but I'm going to be selling my PS4 soon.

I'm not saying it wasn't done by hand, I'm just saying I get the impression that it looks like something that could be replicated by throwing filters over a screenshot. Maybe I've got shit taste, maybe I'm too cynical for my own good.

I think you're just too cynical, honestly. Sometimes an artist is simply trying to evoke the imagery of the original. Doing so is often harder than it looks.

Which gaming event would we most likely see DLC news: Gamescom or TGS?

Whoever buys Soulsgames for the PvP should be burned at the stake. Valid point otherwise.

Valid point, there are just the Dex, Str, Arcane and Bloodtinge builds, with no defensive options available, and these don't differ much when it comes to gameplay except for arcane. Still, the individual weapons and items are each more interesting and have more depth than 5 combined weapons or spells from the other games.

Minmaxing for one specific resistance makes a noticeable difference usually, but yes, the armor isn't as significant as in the other games and there is no armor weight

That is just bullshit, the music is also the best in the series by far

The bosses have a lot of variety and are generally much harder and less forgiving than other bosses because of the nature of BBs combat system. There are also none of the gimmick bossfights the rest of the series is literred with (Ancient Wyvern, Yhorm, Bed of Chaos and so on)

It changes the most about the souls formula out of all the games. No shields, trick weapons, regain, pistols, no easy as fuck backstabs.

They are mediocre, but a nice filler and endgame content. Most importantly, the game would be full value without them entirely, they're just an optional bonus.

And for everything you didn't mention, Bloodborne is just fucking sublime. Themes, landscape, level design, enemy variety, lore, graphics. Im really glad From won't continue milking Dark Souls and instead work on Bloodborne 2. Or maybe they could re-do what they did with Demons Souls to Dark Souls and release Ichorborne as a multiplat.

why is Bloodborne simply the best?
when will we get another one?

Okay. Then can someone tell me what the hell was up with the undead burg?

why does the majority of Holla Forums hate ds2?
give me some fucking reasons.

the game:

I don't get why I can run scholar of the first sin at a solid 60 fps at 4k, but I can only get 40 frames at 1366x768 with ds3. Seriously, Ds3 looks like shit compared to ds2.

Watch the video already, there's no need to redo this every thread
youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI

We've had countless threads about this shit, it's tedious. That video happens to be a very good summary. You have your own opinion to begin with and im assuming you played DaS2, so it would be a long and unnecessary discussion. If you watched it and want to challenge the points, it's a different story.

DaS2 is good, it just isn't as good as DaS.
Better than DaS3 though, by a long shot.

The video is good, but treating sources like these as perfect is a big mistake. A video is no excuse for not presenting your own opinion. Unless you're matthewmatosis, don't lean on his video; post your opinion with your analysis

That video goes over just about every single reason why so many people dislike it while succinctly providing the logic/argument of that point of view. If you're unable to watch the video, the only two possibilities would be:
A) someone writes a novel going point by point over the same material available in video form, which if you cant be bothered to listen to a video you probably also can't be bothered to read at length
B) someone writes a short list saying little more than "it's just shit deal with it" to which you could reply "but I had FUN" and you'd walk away learning nothing about why people dislike DaS2

I don't hate it. I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me with time. That said, here is largely what people consider to be shit:

I'm sure there are more issues but these are what stick out in my mind and off the top of my head. All this being said, I still enjoyed the game to some degree, even though I can clearly see that it is far from perfect when compared to its predecessors.

I don't treat the source as perfect. But if he doesn't even bother to watch the video, chances are it won't be worthwhile to have a discussion with him. Basically what said. I gladly list the reasons why i find the game shit if anyone actually wants to read them.

He isn't bothering to watch the video because he came to talk to you, and you are not important enough to anonymous people to sit through a 50 minute video just to be able to talk to.
Good. That's what everyone should do. Keep doing that.

hyper armor is such a weird concept in DS3 - i mean ostensibly the best weapons in general are just carthus, estoc, and washing pole but using greatswords and glaives can be a reliable way to out trade or bait people using them. So in some ways there's more build variety at the top level, but they would have been better off just sticking with the normal poise system or tweaking it - hyper armor is just such an inconsistent way to go about it

And he is not important enough for most anons in this thread to re-state the reasons, because this topic is as old as DaS2 itself and has been discussed in a million of these threads. If you're this late to the party, some required reading is to be expected. It's like visiting /fit/ for the first time and making a thread without reading the sticky.

If this is your idea of a good Souls thread, then you clearly were never around for before the PC shitters like you arrived. You're the problem, yet you retards act like you're the cure.

Souls is fucking dead, and faggots like you two killed it.

I feel like hyper armor could work well in conjunction with poise if we had some visual or auditory aid that would allow us to know when certain moves have hyper armor. If you knew how much hits you can resist, and you knew which attacks you can do that will not go interrupted, then you can tank hits when you need to from both offensive and defensive positions.

I think hyper armor was designed to allow people to be able to put on armor with less poise while carrying larger weapons and still be "alright" compared to people who put on armor with more poise and carry smaller things.

Poise isn't even in game

If it was supposed to be a replacement, it's a shit one.

heres cool gwyn art

Thanks, dude. Gwyn is my favourite character so I love collecting fanart of him. I feel sad yet proud every time I link the fire thanks to him

I actually had a funny realization:

The vast majority of people who played Dark Souls 3 are casuals.
Let that fester in your mind for a while.
This game is casual shit.

Enjoy your wondrous Age of Man, goy!

Extending the fire lead to DaS3. Who's really at fault?

Nah, they make clear that doing the dark ending does nothing, because the fire still comes back. Untended Graves is in the past when they snuffed out the flames, and all that happens is that shit's really dark, the tree's got all gnarly, and all sorts of scrubs got hit with the black goo. It's why Gundyr's just red-eyed from exposure to the dark when you fight him as Champion, but he's gone all half-tree half-goo soulless husk when you fight him in present time.

None tbh.

I burned out of Dark Souls 3 faster than I did Dark Souls 2.

And Dark Souls 3 is better than 2 by far, but the PVP is bland as fuck.

Untended Graves never would have happened if Gwyn just didn't link the fire. But he did it, so we should just kill it and let humanity take over. Mound Makers best covenant, but that's just because I like chaos and atrophy so much.

What kind of playerbase do you think Dark Souls 1 has, user? Remember the Cheatengine for Taurus demon threads? The PC release and memetuber wave killed the community for good.

You could have just told us you didn't play back in 2012. The community has always been full of whiny casuals. Hell, just about all the whining about PvP that still exists to this day is angry casuals upset that they got invaded. And the whole artificial difficulty thing was around before Dark Souls; it was invented to try and explain why newer games are so piss-easy, "Well, you see, old games weren't actually hard, it was all artificial difficulty!"

I mean yeah, clearly DaS3's claim the fire ending is the best, but that doesn't mean you have any right to get uppity about DaS1's dark ending, both sides are doomed to fail.

Cycles are the theme of the series, someone would have started an age of dark and restarted an age of fire at some point anyway so there's no reason to really argue.

There were actual threads on 4/v/ of people asking how to freeze HP in cheatengine because they couldn't get past Taurus and Gargoyles. Im not saying the playerbase was perfect before the PC release, it's just that after it, "The Souls Community" became an established term.

We all know what you were implying. I'm still not seeing the connection between the PC release and problems that had already long existed. Do you really think there weren't people who couldn't beat the Taurus Demon or Gargoyles before the PC release? Or that they didn't complain about it or use illicit methods to beat them? People have been using item dupe/soul duping since time immemorial (you would have actually had to have played back then to know this), I guess that's the PC version's fault somehow? Hell, the whole white phantom thing literally only exists so that you can be carried through bosses you can't beat, there really is no other reason to use it, but I guess it's ok to have someone else beat it for you because the game lets you do that? And what the fuck are you on about with "The Souls Community?" Do you really think that people weren't using this term, or that it magically didn't exist until the PC version came along? Does your brain not have that function where you assess what you're about to say to see if it's retarded? The Souls Community is, yet again, something that has always existed. There have always been forums and boards dedicated to Dark Souls, why you think the smallest version of the game invented something that already existed and then spread it to other platforms (it's PC player's fault when a console player acts retarded as they always have!) is beyond me.

You are either retarded or pretending to be retarded, but don't let me slow you on your quest to blame the PC version for problems that existed before it was even out. I mean, as we all know, there where no whiny shitters or people who cheated to get past bosses they couldn't beat. It literally never happened until the PC release, and then this somehow all at once made console players start doing it as well.

Except it doesn't at all, the entire game is still based around "hit enemy and then abuse Iframes to get through attacks, choose whatever weapon because they all play fundamentally the same with no difference."

also
You mean those things that do piddling damage and are about as "builds" as dual shield runs in DeS/DAS?
You mean those things that you can't do until NG+?

Im not blaming the PC version, and im also not saying that it's a problem if there are people struggling with the difficulty of the game. All im saying is that the PC release and the hype that followed in its wake was the spawn of the cancerous entity that watches Vaati and spouts The Cake Is a Lie-tier memes commonly known as the Soulsfag.

It has more boss variety. Even the reskin has a different moveset and a new second phase.

No, in fact none of the chalice dungeon bosses appear in the main game except for Rom and the Abhorrent Beast.

Did you play the game? Every bit of his hp is taken off in 1 on 1 fights.

It changes the formula the _most_. As in, in comparison to the other games.

The Chikage still gets the second highest DPS in the game on SL100 even after the DLC additions and nerfs, and people are still complaining about getting oneshot by the Evelyn. It's getting painfully obvious that you never played the game.

You get your first spells after the fourth mandatory boss.

user, generally i feel that you're just parroting things you've heard here and there, and you're either buttmad because the game whooped your ass or because you can't get your hands on it.

Neither of those are the image i posted

The main ones, the other user might be talking about the pigs and the other filler bosses. Well that's just what they are, really, filler.

That is true. But as i originally said, the entire Chalice dungeons should be regarded as filler, a nice bonus on top if you're not sated with the main game.

you didn't play the chalice dungeons did you.
Daughter of Cosmos makes an appearance too in the Isz chalices.

And you're right, I thought when you said bloodtinge build you would mean something that's not a generic weapon. Thank god you really proved the builds play differently.

except there's chalice dungeon only content. Like all the weapons with different gem slots, certain weapons etc.

Maneater Boars, Brainsuckers, Silverbeasts, and I think one other I'm forgetting appear as regular enemies. There are also the Abhorrent Beast, who appears once, and the Beast-possessed Soul, who also appears once, plus all of the repeated boss fights, like Ebrietas and the Amygdala. Otherwise, no, there's a good fifteen unique boss fights in the chalice dungeons and they couldn't remotely be described as "reskins" of anything.

user, don't antagonize someone who's already hotheaded.

Didn't you just say that all the weapons are the same, and aren't you about to say that the gems don't make any difference?

No they do make a difference, it's different slots though the weapons don't play any differently based on the slots though.
There's an agreed upon best slot though.

Also I like how that's the fallback defense

Though there's an agreed-upon best slot though, though the slots don't make the weapons play differently though, though do the weapons though play differently though?

Nah, but you post this stuff in almost every remotely Souls-related thread so you're pretty easy to spot.

What are you even on about, is english your first language?
I'm saying there's locked chalice dungeon weapons and content. The uncanny/lost weapons don't really do anything different aside from having different slots, but it doesn't change the fact that they're locked.

Also nice fallback
So when are you guys going to make your own board to avoid having people think the game is bad

Though you may have not understood that, maybe though you should go back and read what you wrote though, though sometime we don't have a lot of self-awareness though. Nice fallback, though.

Still mad that they nerfed the Rifle Spear?

I thought I hadn't played the game?
Can you please decide on if I have or haven't.

And yes it seems you can't read.

I need more souls crossover art with characters just hanging out.

You're the one confusing me with another poster, though. You're a retard, though. Nice deflection though, guess you got caught though.

Never claimed you didn't play, maybe you should go back and replay it for the tenth time. Or is it the fourteenth or fifteenth time now?

I love that defense.

So, Rifle Spear? Mad? Going to admit you mixed up IDs? Surely this isn't a FALLBACK, is it?

I'm really upset that there's so few out there on gel/danbooru.

So you have nothing on why the game isn't shit then?
How it doesn't play exactly like every other souls game and fall into the same problems?

Don't worry, I'm not going to shatter your frail little ego today, go tell your mother you won the argument.

I don't really follow.

I'm aware.

except the outcome of every follower of the primordial serpents extends the age of cinder, at first it was a lie to draw away those who rejected the gods from doing what was needed to free everyone from Gwyn';s mistake.

their entire plan is to slowly genocide everyone possessing of any of the 4 lord soul's descendants by prolonging the age of cinder until the fire consumes all of them al while consuming humanity in endless strife and souls as offering to the gods, gee its almost like they're saying something.

Nah man, it'll totally fix everything. There's no way the serpents are bad

Shit, you can post on a proxy simultaneously? Pretty fancy.

So you are from Reddit, though?

Damn you're going all out aren't you

So I start the game, die once.
Basically i got punished for doing to good so i returned it for full price and got MGSv

No, go ahead, what's remarkable about posting images on an imageboard? Surely you're not just flustered and trying to move past the fact that you're so autistic somebody recognized your posting style.

So, being unable to desperately come up with any reason for how the game's faults are excusable, you're going to… instead just talk about random shit and hope it sticks?

If you so determined to play stupid, why are you also trying to get your arguments taken seriously?

I like how you're renaming them you.jpg like that'll somehow completely shame me into leaving and make the game's faults excusable

Even good games have flaws, why are you so upset?

except you didn't, you died to not being able to kill an enemy with a weapon they're weak against.
which finding out that the cleric beast is weak to bullets, serration, and fire is what gives you the insight to talk to the doll.

Either you're lying or you thought a regular enemy was a boss

what? no it doesn't entering the boss arena gives you the 1 insight.
You're giving the game way too much credit

I'm not saying Bloodborne doesn't have flaws and never have. Actually, explicitly mentioned that I think it can be polished up
. I'm just making fun of an autist.

Don't tell him that, he'll think he's in the clear to throw a fit.

I don't think you understand how this whole thing woks

It's a little late for that

He'll calm down eventually

No, he won't

There is no need to be this upset about someone thinking one game is better than another. At least he's not saying that this is a casual series and the new Battlefield is the hot new game that everyone should be playing.

At least it's fun to watch.

It's more the fact that bloodborne fans are the most deluded people on Holla Forums.
It's pretty fun to say the game is bad then watch them ignore that in exchange just say "well you've never played it" or go off on random tangents about things.
Because the game is pretty shit

From the little I've seen watching it online, it seems alright. I still think DaS and DeS are better than it, but I'll never know for sure because I'm not going to buy a console just for one game.

It's pretty much the problems with other games but it's just a little more apparent due to bad design choices.
Not to mention the removal of the weight mechanic means a complete homogeneity across all builds.
Worst PvP too because it requires summoning a white phantom in order to spawn the enemy needed to be invaded. There's like 2 areas you can naturally be invaded in

Looks like I wont pick it up until something major happens.

600+ hours into BB and I keep going back…

I can't even really make a new build at this point because I've done them all. The combat is just fucking addictive.

So what are the odds that both dark souls 3 dlcs will top The Old Hunters dlc?

I fear about zero since Miyazaki will probably move on to BB2 instantly, so they'll be DaS2-tier again. Or he already finished them, and Bamco just wanted a delayed release, in that case they might be pretty good.

I want to say that all DaS3 needs is a few more spells to make magic viable, enabled poise and proper weapon buffs and nerfs, but somehow the game already completely wore off for me. I have no desire to go back and play it again, i think it's because i inhaled too much of it after the release and now the honeymoon recoil has destroyed it in my head.

Nothing will happen to BB at this point. They really fucked up by not simply adding an arena in the Old Hunters. The PvP is still enjoyable though, and theres more of it now that more antagonistic covenants exist that auto aggro if summoned for coop.

If you can't kill Anastacia, how is Lautrec able to do it?

I think it is a safe bet to say the DLC will add more pyromancies, miracles, and spells. As far as viability against other players, I can't really comment on that. I played my magic build on a pirated copy without patches and it
seemed lackluster in PvE, I would think the farron spells would be good in PvP though.

My roommate made me play Bloodborne today.
All I can say about it so far is that it looks pretty, and I doubt I'll care to play it again since I have no idea what the fuck is going on and have no reason to give a shit.

Magic sucks complete ass in PvP, apart from one trick where you abuse the fact that homing Soulmass doesn't lock on on targets behind you, so you prepare and onecombo your enemy if he falls for it.

Thing is, not only is magic subpar, some weapons are extremely OP, they really just require mindless spamming of the Weapon Art to stagger-lock and instakill anyone who gets hit, like the Carthus blade or whatever its called.

Then there are combinations of buffs and 2 handed weapons that just shred HP like crazy and also require nothing but spamming.

The PvP really is deeply fucked right now and it comes down to "honor" whether or not your enemy runs a build that you'll lose to in 4 out of 5 fights even if he's complete trash.

The place used to be populated by regular humans (Undead don't build stuff, certainly no big castles) but eventually succumbed to the zombie plague. It's just part of the outskirts of Anor Londo. Whether or not it was always intended as a sort of gauntlet for wannabe Lords, I don't know.

There are no fun gimmick builds in DS3. I tried. You're either horribly inefficient, get trounced by gangbangers or both.

Actually no thats not what DS3 needs. DS spells at it's core is useless. Instead of it being a limited resource it should have had a meter that behaved like the stamina meter. Pure casters would have then been a thing and providing you program bosses and enemies to deal with ranged spells this would have added a fuck ton of replayability in a very good way. Spells being supplementary to melee will always make them shit tier no matter how many new spells you add.

Anyway if the DLC predictions are true then expect dark spells from Londor like the dark orb and dark bead. I don't think FromSoft left them out in vanilla because they couldn't find a spot to leave them, Irithyll Dungeon and Profaned Capitial was a good enough spot considering the heavy sorcery and dark lore implications.

That could have worked, it would mean things like soul spear and the higher pyromancies and miracles would basically use the entire magic meter of course.

Well heal miracles would have to be not implemented. Having a ring that heals like DS3's Sun Princess Ring is the limit healing items go otherwise you would get people cheesing the game by healing after every encounter. Having a magic meter behave like the stamina meter is only geared towards offensive spells or defensive spells like flash sweat.

So, like Dragon's Dogma? They could take another page from that game and have more spell variety than just projectile attacks, AOE attacks and infusions.

If you mean refilling slow then no, the magic meter should behave like the stamina meter with spells being cast when you have a certain amount of magic points instead of what the stamina meter does that allows you to swing with a pixel of stamina.

As for spell infusions, that's what dark spells/pyromanies/miracles are, it's just that we as the player doesn't create them.

general bump for my good /vg/ers

You mean the darksign? Okay, when did the darksign that consumed the Undead Burg strike?

It probably hit when Gwyn linked the fire. Consider there was already an asylum made that requires you catch a ride with the crow when you actually start your quest.

Go and stay go.

I like crawling into worlds and shitfuck people, but duels are retarded. Which is why I always run MM.

Not so much when but how. The Darksign is branded which means to place a mark like on live stock. Considering humans are being sheppard to link the fire it appears that it's been manufactured by the gods or by institutions like The Way of White. The intro in Dark Souls shows Anastacia placing a spark from a bonfire on a dead body with the Darksign begining to manifest straight afterwards. In DS3 Yoel puts a Dark Sigil on the player strengthening the idea it's manufactured rather than a natrual occurrence. All the branded where exiled to the north either as a dumping ground (Australia) and to use humanity within their bodies to keep the age of fire going.

So there you go. The Undead Burg wasn't consumed, it was just populated by humans with the Darksign.

Eh I guess it's fun when you invade and kill some cunt and his friends trying to co-op the game like a bunch of pussies.

he kills her with
kindness

What the fuck was his problem?

Pretending to be nice and then shitfucking people when they have their guard down is the best.

He probably convinced her that it would help or something.

Have you ever used a gesture, and timed it perfectly, so that you could parry them right out of it? Makes me wish there was voice chat.

Play as a knight, stick with broadsword and pump everything into Str and Stam. Once you get the Great Club upgrade that and only that. It'll carry you through the entire game.

I almost always two-hand weapons and I can't tell you the last time I bothered to parry anything. There's a voice chat in both 2 and 3, but I never use it.

So do I, but the lack of poise in DaS3 pissed me off enough to make me try other weapons. Try using the Caestus in your left hand this way you can avoid using shields and quickly swap back to 2H

Don't know but he seemed to have shared the problem of having yet another guy come into the fight to help him. This brings up an old point actually, how many bosses in Dark Souls 2 always outnumber you when fighting solo?

I don't want to roll up a new character to try it out, and I think I've already gotten everything I wanted out of the series. I'll start cracking on the backlog for the PS2 and Genesis I have.

I remember someone making a tally a while back, but I didn't save it.

Why is DSfix such a fickle bitch? It was working just fine a day ago, and now it crashes my game on start-up every time.

Speaking of rolling, does anyone have the chart(s) for it? I wanna try my luck at something random this time.

It's slightly inaccurate (Lost Sinner and Flexile Sentry are multi-enemy on NG+, Yharnam Pthumerian Queen should be multi-enemy) but it's mostly right

This seems good but,
I wouldn't really consider it multiple, you were still primarily going after one thing in both fights and didn't have to worry about both hitting at the same time.
Ironically enough Pontiff became easier when he summoned a shadow version of himself due to how much more telegraphed his attacks were.

The only charts I've saved are the ones trying to sum up the covs in a single image.

A slight inaccuracy is better than not having it at all.

What this user said . Also, Wolnir is fairly easy to kill before he even calls for reinforcements, and Greatwood doesn't have multiple enemies on the 2nd phase. This also doesn't take into account the DS3's DLC yet.

I played Dark Souls II last because I heard such awful things about it. And honestly despite it's flaws I think I had the most fun playing it. Honestly my least favorite was Bloodborne.

ds2 triggers my autism. Load up ds1 (or 3) and ds2, wiggle the joystick and alt-tab between them to compare character movement. ds2's turning speed is much slower and less precise compared 1 or 3. Its harder to compare directly to des / bb but the movement sticks out in the series.

Minor complaints: too many enemies have infinite poise/stamina, areas don't match up, good ideas implemented poorly like mundane, invincibility frames on a stat etc.

I think the game is the worst in the series largely because of the movement but it is still quite good especially the DLCs / with scholar's improved non-linearity.

Somebody actually made Undyne, the absolute madman

DS3 is the best souls. Casuals go back to DS1.

I'm not that upset about poise as others but damn do i miss upgrading armor and being able to just poise through trash mobs.

My biggest beef with das2 is no full orbs and soul memory.

Close.

So much concentrated shit in one post, I bet you and everyone who agrees with you started with DS1 cause of the "It's so hard! prepare to die!" meme.

Next thing you're going to say is "but muh shortcuts!" like it somehow redeems the garbage game it is

Anyone on DeS who'd like to do some fun coop? Level 22 in stonefang tunnel, right before a fog door leading to an obvious boss, area littered with dragon bones, all red, etc.

I could likely do it on my own no trouble, but I feel like trying a bossfight /with/ someone. If region is an issue, US.

As for the hate on DaS2, honestly the game isnt so awful, and neither is pvp. Meme shit is meme shit, a community can break a game, but it doesnt make the game unless your company's name is bethesda.

I prefer clear and understandable cheese to; "welp, now I'm dead because xxxsemenassassinxxx magically teleported behind me, then flooded my inbox with "LOLOLOL UR BAD XDDD"

BROTHER

Every single fucking time.

I missed out on so many things on my first playthrough (I got the Sunshine over Yharnam ending because I'm stupid) and now on NG+ and with Chalices shit's so good. I really like the Chalices, but did they add anything to them in the DLC? I see you can summon some Old Hunters here and there but did they add more rooms, items or enemy types?

Nope.

DaS2 Havel Chaos-katana whoring was a lot worse. Thank god they revamped poise.

The old hunters can add a vendor in the Chalice dungeons that sell uncanny or rare old hunter weapons. That pic is from moemon, right?

More like removed entirely.

I don't … what? don't you mean the LACK of a timer means the INVADER can run away like a bitch and get full credit if the host dies to a monster?

I think the invasion timer in DS2 was the very best change in the entire game and I was really crestfallen to see it was removed in DS3. Invasions are cool but if there's no incentive for the invader to be aggressive it just turns into fodder for trolls and frankly it kinda ruins the whole online experience.

There's all kinds of stupid shit exclusive to DaS3. Like the fog-gate turning you invincible the moment you tap use. The host can just choose not to fight the invader and run to the bossgate.

That doesn't make any sense at all. You should probably try a fresh reformat.

As far as the visuals, it's subjective, but… what? DaS3 is visually much more advanced than DaS2, and it has vastly improved texture variety and quality over the previous game. Being that it was developed from the ground up for a higher tier of hardware, the geometry detail and special effects are all better too. I dunno.

I will say that the fake character rim lighting on everything in DaS3 is really obnoxious. I certainly wouldn't say that alone makes DaS3 look "worse than SotFS" though.

I think that's a great change. The host SHOULD have the option not to fight the invader and backstabbing people as they step through the fog wall is the dumbest shit imaginable. The invader has no 'right' to get a fight; they aren't entitled to shit. Invasions should be dangerous.

Fuck off.

Non-arena PvP is shit and only causes unnecessary frustration.

That's the entire idea behind 2v1/3v1 in DaS3 and it's the worst idea they ever made in terms of pvp.

right on. DaS3 pissed me off so much with its constant PvP focus. It took me like three fucking days just to get through that little-bitty-ass swamp zone before the crystal sage.

I wouldn't mind it so much if the balance weren't so atrocious. Every single fucking person I had to fight was some min/maxing shitter with an estoc or some other gimmicky PVP build. I like to play mages, and I like fashion souls, and I hadn't even gotten many good sorceries by that point; not that sorcery works in PvP. So naturally I died a whole bunch. I'm not BAD at the game; I can deal with PvE just fine. I just don't want to be REQUIRED to run a FotM PVP build just to play the fucking game.

This…this is a joke, right?

I honestly can't even tell if this is satire with how bad the pvp whining has gotten.

But why fucking would he? More often than not it's the other way around, because every single invader I have ever had sought me out.

Dark souls is supposed to be brutal, that's the point of invasions. Fuck, in Ds 1 you'd often get ambushed at the beginning by lvl 1 full kitted Invaders. This whole idea its supposed to be hard for the player runs against everything dark souls is about. Without that tension of invaders being so dangerous, of losing souls between bonfires, of having big distances between bonfires, the atmosphere of dread and rising tension dies.

Oh, and I blame people like you and the bloodborne audience for ruining the souls series. Without either of you dark souls 3 wouldn't have been the worst in the series and might have been great like dark souls 1

wew lad
You aren't you retard. Did you try not using an ember until you got to the boss door? Did it really take you 3 days to figure out where the boss door was so you could nullify any invaders?

A lot of the time I would bail when it was a situation where there's multiple people bouncing me back and forth with their attacks.

Allow me to reiterate.
Why should someone who just wants to co op through a boss to which he's died 13 times have to awkwardly double team a guy looking for a fight? Why should a guy who wants to fight chase a host around for half an hour because the host doesn't want to lose his 50 gorillian souls? Having PvP mashed into the rest of the game ends up with stupidly long chases when it would be easier for everyone to just match two people who want to fight.

no.

see , but actually in my experience invaders that aren't gimmicky PVP specs in DaS3 tend to just run away and then plink at you with ranged attacks while you're trying to clear, it's fucking chickenshit

and speaking of
I was playing in co-op with my wife. Had to be ember'd. And yeah, we couldn't GET anywhere because we were constantly being invaded. And that's another thing; isn't there supposed to be some kind of cooldown timer on that shit? What the fuck happened to that?

other than the invasions, dark souls was never "brutal"; only fucking normalfag casuals think dark souls is "brutal". dark souls is a good game because it puts out exactly what you put in; if you're an attentive, skilled player, the game is never unfair or shitty. that's why I don't like the invasion regressions in DaS3 because they feel unfair and shitty. I hear a lot of invaders whining about 2v1 or 3v1 but how many times have I seen myself and two phantoms get 1v3'd by invaders? fucking constantly. the balance is atrocious and the netcode favors remote players; hosts get fucked by shitty hit detection. nevermind all the shitters who twink the fuck out of their characters with gear from later stages of the game.

You can blame anyone for anything, but that doesn't mean it's justified or sensible. If you want to blame someone for ruining Souls, blame the PvP community who were so loud and obnoxious that DaS2 and 3 were focused around it. All the complaints I have about DaS2 and 3 are ultimately the result of PvP focus in the game design leading to boring and lazy level/world/enemy/non-PvP design.

Invasions are an integral aspect of the game and placing a timer on them severely restricts the planning and strategy that any given invader can use to his or her advantage. As an invader, you need to be aware of your environment. This means that you need to know where all the enemies are in the area and which ones are especially strong; you need to know where ambushes and traps are; you need to be aware of any shortcuts and whether or not you can interact with them. Aside from any strategies involving the use of environmental hazards, you need to be aware of popular summoning areas, which usually involves being aware of bonfire placement, and you need to know where the invasion spawn points are relative to these summoning areas as well as the boss' fog gate. You can spend as much time as you like meticulously combing over your own world in order to understand these things. However when it comes down to invasions, if you're given limited amount of time to kill your target, then this information is rendered useless to some degree because you won't be given enough time to lure unsuspecting fools into enemy ambushes or use strategies that involve keeping distance.

Invasions aren't all about being aggressive. That definitely helps, but senseless aggression can lead to a quick and untimely death, especially when the host has summoned help. In short, the timer kills the finer nuances in invader strategy, and the increased likelihood that the host will have help kills fairness. These things make invasions unappealing, which in turn causes invasions to die out. It's why you see so many fight clubs instead of invasions. Fight clubs can be fun, but there's a difference between organized matches and invasions. One is akin to a boxing match, while the other is a more primitive and visceral experience that forces both parties to use all of their resources in order to achieve victory. At least, that's how things used to be.

invasions are about pvp. don't get me wrong, I understand wanting to pvp – I think it's stupid in a game that has numeric statistics affecting combat performance, but I understand the desire.

leading the host into monsters is not pvp, it's just chickenshit. it's durr durr can't catch me! 5-year-old schoolyard bullshit. if you want untimed invasions then monsters should be hostile to invaders. having untimed invasions with non-hostile monsters is just dumb. I felt this way since DaS1 (where I joined the series).

At least 2 and 3 have the seed items. It's impossible to get enough to keep pace with the pace of invasions though.

Yeah I kinda agree with you. Getting invaded should be nerve wracking. I havent really done to much pvp becauae Ive yet to kit out my edge master scythe wielding scrb slayer. Im kinda torn as to do mound makers or dickwraith in dark souls 3.

If it took you three days to clear it, you should have realized at some point that you could have explored unembered, or at the very least get your friend to put their sign down closer to the boss room. Keep in mind that all invasions focus on worlds where the host has summons. Besides, if you're that scared of invaders, you could have thrown on Way of Blue and had someone come in and make it even more of a pain in the ass for the invader to win.

we were both on way of the blue. lol. multiple times we ended up in fights with two watchdogs, or a watchdog and a red/purple, versus us AND a blue. my wife was doing a brawler/heavy armor build and I was playing a sorcery/miracles "versatile" build which obviously isn't particularly optimized. we never had any trouble with the content when we could get a break from invasions though. neither of us have touched it since we completed everything the week of release. shitty, short game with too few clothing/armor options and impossibly shit balance.

and obviously I don't mean literally 72 hours. it was more like 7 hours total across three days. she works full time.

I did the same, went back to SotFS after finishing DaS3. Some of the best bosses in any Souls game were in DaSII DLC.

You must have done it after the update that fixed it, because I only ran into a Watchdog only once across two playthroughs. I still get farther in 3 than I do 2 because of how awful the second one feels

Even DeS had a garbage community, the playerbase has always been elitist faggots who smell their own farts.

Also the darkmoon cov is retarded. Who would you make is both way of blue and darkmoon compete for the same rewards? Why not just have invaders get marked and darkmoons hunt them? Like the DS but with out the indictment?

Every game there is just plain stupid shit.

no, this was literally the week of release. playing on PC; I think most of the connectivity issues were people who don't know how to forward ports

anyway, I know picrelated, I just get pissed off at the fucking PVP faggots who want every game to cater to their desire to pwn nubs because they're too pussy to actually win in a game that's purely skill-based instead of some shit that goes to the person who can spend the most time on forums checking out the latest strats and builds for them to copy and cheese out people who just want to have a good time.

Too bad I run objectively inferior weapons.

The most glaring problems in DS3 are from bloodborne styled combat and DS2 covenants, as well as the pvp system.

Not when you first start playing and on subsequent play through, especially when ng+ post 5, invasions can be the difference when far from bonfires and holding onto enough souls to level up after hours of moving through the game.

You are right its unbalanced in ds3 on both sides, but there's an extra component working against invaders with the debuff. It doesn't help either that everyone has a fuckton of flasks and they heal instantly.

Like what user? Specifics please. I get the feeling your issues are going to be really nit picky considering the problems you have are the same ones from Bloodborne.

don't.

Been Invading in the Painted World of Ariamas, if you're around SL50 come by and I'll Invade you.