What is the equivalent manchild in film to videogame collectors?

What is the equivalent manchild in film to videogame collectors?

Mexican here and I love the Arab pussy, unlike you nerdy fucker

MIKE

Tarantino.

film was evolved from great inventors who had to have knowledge of film, cameras, and classical arts like opera and theater and music. Video games were invented by literal churchgoing manchildren in their basement playing role playing games like dungeons and dorkons because they were too antisocial to drink alcohol and get laid. film is not "for manchildren" unless you're a star wars obsessed faggot nerd. But that isn't film, that's a franchise. we should call them fanchild instead of manchild.

>>>/islam/

you can have it spic

imagine being this much of an eternal adolescent

cuckime

none for you, nigger

Capeshitters

Admit it, kino is a myth and all film is shit.

what's wrong with dungeons and dragons?

It's unimaginative regurgitation of modern fantasy tropes that have long since gone stale.

it's a watered down wargame. there are other tabletop games that are superior and more creative

disregard my previous post I don't know anything about D&D or table top games in general also I'm a massive faggot and watch anime.

Oh I see. You mean the kind of anti social which is being extremely social. That rare kind of thing that doesn't exist.

Many many things are wrong with it but it's biggest problem is that everyone who plays it is just a faggot.

Physical media collectors are all the same. Vidya or movie. The guy collecting laser discs is as revolting as the guy collecting Sega CD games

People who unironically use the kino maymay

shut up choir boy. all you're good at is escapism. film is art and video games are toys for boys smdh

what's wrong with toys?

I'm surprised Holla Forums is unfamiliar with the documentary Cinemania which is about film loving autists.

he's never going to play them, same with that fat guy on youtube with the ridiculous movie collection.

filmfags are pathetic.

Why should we waste our time caring about shit made only to create more sheqels instead of good films?

Go on, tell me your objective measure of what makes a good film if not mass popularity, financial gain and opinion of critical communities?
Oh, right 'I like it or don't like it, therefore its kino or not'.

obsessing over exploitation movies, MCU, or some other obsessions equally as self-masturbatory

If we're talking collectors, probably the people that shell out huge sums of money for stupid shit like movies on 35mm film or original props that were used in movies. I wouldn't call those people manchildren though.

I don't think there is a proper equivalent. Video games are, by and large, made for "having fun", whereas movies and film are meant to evoke a wide range of emotions like happiness, sadness, curiousness, etc.

I'd agree with the prop analogy but what's retarded about buying 35mm film reel?

Because they're spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on something they will likely never use, which essentially makes it no different than a movie prop. Maybe if they have an actual indoor theater in their house they can utilize it, but I would think if you're spending that much money on film reel you probably wouldn't want to use it because it could wear down or something.

might be right
and if you're only buying it to rent out to movie theaters or sell on ebay that's pretty much equivalent to video game collectors

OT star wars fans.

Amhed spotted and reported

What a stupid question: any hardcore Star Wars fans fits the bill, with their kids toys and crap novelizations.
A cinema buff is supposed to watch mainly movie from before the 80s, of course he will have lots of dvds and vhs hanging around, but he will treat them as film, not toys.

is completely different from

Because a prop woud be like a souvenir, while the authentic film is in the league of luxury items. If 35mm prints were magically simple to replicate, we would all be using them as they're better than bluray.

Wrong user, some physical media is good. Great works of music and film are prime example. Would you like to lose all of the art we've made through history?

Cinephiles watch movies of all times. 80's, 90's, 2010's, 1890's. You're high-level when you achieve 4th dimensional knowledge.

Criterion fags