Do you have Amiibos Holla Forums?

Do you have Amiibos Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_(Atari)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They are toys f

so

Yes.

Mario and Luigi (had them autographed by Charles Martinet), Silver Mario, Shovel Knight, and Megaman.

Toys are for kids.

So are videogames.

Just the squid-pack

Thankfully i don't play videogames.

I have a bunch, mostly for the figurine itself rather than the "physical DLC" aspect. Though theyre probably overpriced in that regard.

I would've bought the ROB one if they hadn't made him such shit in Smash 4
fuck that game

I dont have a Wii U

If by "probobly overpriced" you mean "about 4-5x what they should cost then yes, they are overpriced.

But I mean they aren't just shitty plastic statues are they? They allow you to unlock on-disc DLC in your full priced games! What a bargain.

Some of them even work in more than one game!

Yeah, content that can ONLY be unlocked by amiibos is dumb.

No, why would I? I don't even have any Nintendo games that would work with them.

No, because I won't buy Nintendo garbage anymore. I stopped during the Wii era, manchildren who mistake Iwata's neverending devotion to your shekels for friendship continue to do it with some bullshit in their heads how they're "doing it for Iwata."

Guy was a fucking moron who nearly drove the company into the ground.

i bought a samus one as a gift to my brother who's big metroid fan, but i otherwise don't give a heck about them

I have the Splatoon ones.

If you buy Amiibos you might as well cut off your balls and suck on dick, because you clearly enjoy being a bitch.

Amiibos are just DLC that comes in a cheap plastic toy. And the toy is not even an action figure a kid could play with, it's just a static figurine. As if buying DLC for full-price games to unlock content that's already on the disc wasn't bad enough, now you have to pay extra for the shit plastic. I guess if you want to uphold a vow of abstinence you can put them on display, I'm sure they will work fantastically.

I wouldn't give a fuck if someone buys toys or plushies or whatever, but the thing that pisses me off is that people will be perfectly fine having their games cut into pieces and then buy the pieces individually in the form of a plastic figurine. The Wii was the last time in history when I could buy a game and have it be actually complete. Fuck this shit, and fuck the future.

Yes, and i'm proud of the one i have.

I don't care about statues, I care about figurines.

I hate Amiibos too, but .. where do you think we are?

There's a layer of hell devoted to people who do that shit.

Thanks, i self loathed once, it was horrible.

Sorry spaz, but not even fucking close.

I'd rather have no ROB if they're going to make him that boring and shit. Also looks stupid with the size and cord.

Amazing counterpoint. You sure showed me!

I personally want to burn the industry to the ground.

I only care about crushing the pathetic unintelligent cult of socjus. After that, burn it fucking down.

Just the Chibi Robo one because it's the closest thing I'll ever get to a Chibi Robo figure.

You fags have never been to /toy/ have you? $12 for a 3 inch figurine is pretty standard.

Okay then here is my counter point what has Nintendo ever done to be called the EA of japan, it never actively try to ruin the life other people especially it competitor, kill companies and fire the employees of said companies that it took over if anything didn't Iwata take a pay cut to make sure their employees don't get laid off.
They're greedy bastards I give you that. But evil, isn't that a little bit too far?

Amiibos, they are literally day 1 on the disc DLC, even when other companies are now shying away from said practice, Amiibos are doing the SAME SHIT for MUCH MORE MONEY.

Tell that to all the Youtubers they stole videos and money from, tell that to people who spent years on projects only to have Nintendo drop a DMCA on them. And tell that to SEGA when Nintendo was literally price fixing and fucking the market up, running shady threats on companies that they'd withhold Nintendo stock or withhold a Nintendo license if said company didn't stock twice as many Nintendo games as SEGA games, or if a company didn't publish a game as Nintendo exclusive instead of Nintendo/Sega multiplat. Nintendo's been fucking game politics up since before EA existed.

You're so wrong here too. Nice revisionism, and judging from your sentence structure I'd say you're an ESL. Actually read something about Nintendo that wasn't bought by Nintendo you fucking Brazilian piece of shit.

Nintendo are the stepford wives of video games, they do their best to keep a smile and make everything seem legit and good, but they're one of the worst publishers on the market. They've stopped so many sequels to games people loved (by the actual companies who made them) because they abused the fuck out of fine print to basically own the IPs to those games, and sometimes they even patented another company's game mechanics to withhold their ability to make sequels for other consoles. Which is why no Eternal Darkness 2 ever got made, because Nintendo patented their fear system.

that's right, greed is good

I remember when they were called biodrones. :^)

True. But it's nintencucks we're talking about, they love taking gook dick up their asshole.

Nintendo used to be a monopoly that made it so they had low competition on the console market. The only one that could rival them in America was SEGA. Nintendo made sure that small companies could not sell their products at major retailers.

Every single amiibo I have was a gift from family, along side a bazinga shirt and a gift card to Hot Topic because "oh user, you're such an emo nerd lol"
That said, I have Mario, Gayman Watch, Shovel Knight, Sonic, Mewtwo, ROB, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, and Dr. Mario

Gonna check those quads, too

I'll have to bring that up next time I play this

Have you ever created a game?

None of the amiibo content comes even close to being like the worst of day 1 DLC. Nothing is truly locked behind amiibos. It's mostly costumes, or functions that can be experienced without it, or obtained in the game. The only exception being the spinner in Hyrule Warriors and Wolf Link which comes packaged with the game anyway.

And no the amiibo content in Smash doesn't count that shit is designed specifically for amiibos and is not worthwhile content anyway.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_(Atari)
They pretty much left people with an inferior game in every aspect just because of greed.

I have over one hundred of the damn things. I've waited in freezing temperatures just so I wouldn't miss out on one due to the terrible shortages that eventually got better once Nintendo understood the demand for them.

I like them. People get so worked up about the content that is locked behind them, but the content locked generally amounts to clothes, costumes, music, and other arbitrary unlockables that are more of a bonus than anything else. Plus, one amiibo can work on multiple games, so there isn't need to rebuy the same character if they're released in a different line.

The only people I see who truly believe they're the cancer killing video games are those who feel all forms of DLC is bad. Even if you were to consider them nothing more than a shameless cash grab, they're not even near as bad as what other companies have done.

Why haven't you hotglued your Kirby yet?

this
getting hyped for Shinkawa's GojiraxEVAxMetalGear figure

Neither do I, but I own about 20 amiibos.

Spotted the Nintendrone.

No because I'm not 12 anymore.

It's been a couple of years now since amiibos first showed up and I have yet to see anybody stick one up their ass.

Severely disappointed in you guys.

It all just comes down to how you feel about DLC.
People rally against it because they think "there must be a reason this didn't work in the old days! It must be the consumers!".
But the truth is that this is a young industry, and the only reason it didn't exist back then was beause no one had come up with it yet.
Now it's been tried and rigorously proven again and again to be a money maker, and nothing is ever ever going to make it stop. DLC has worked for companies so endlessly and reliably that it's a permanent part of the market now.
At the root of it all, DLC is just a way to raise the price of the game, which had to happen somehow due to the rising costs and inflation. So I'm personally not gonna spare myself any content I want out of some pointless principle.
If a game ever has any DLC that I really want, I buy it.

I have Mario and Luigi, the Squid Pack and Reese and Cyrus, I'm probably going to buy the Wario and Waluigi Amiibos too, as well as the Squid Sisters.

That's pretty cool

It's stupid to waste your money on DLC toys.

Real men buy figmas

I got one, the Link one to see what it would do.
Not a lot.

That's a shitty excuse and you know it. You could have better, trainable bots without the toy aspect, and would make single-player fighting much better if it was available to everyone rather than being locked behind a toy.
That's where this shit starts, faggot.

I got a squid loli because I liked it as a figure (dat ass).

NoA has been so intent on telling me I'm not wanted I'm not getting anymore,.

I haven't bought a single one, though I guess I've been tempted to do so Some of them look interesting
But I've made it a rule for myself not to buy any vidya merchandise that isn't actual gaems, because they only make me look like an autistic nerd

All the Splatoon ones aside from the recolors. I'm thinking about getting the Lucas one just because I like Mother 3 quite a bit.

It's amazing how much misinformation people will spew about something if they don't like a something.

No, dumbass, Trix are for kids.

I bought a Little Mac for 13 dollars. It looks good on my shelf. I have no regrets

The spinner is a shit weapon anyways