The absolute state of the top 8 anime list

Are redditors to blame? Tumblrinas? Dumb chinks? How come the only anime on this list worth saving is Steins;gate? Is MyAnimeList.com the Rotten Tomatoes equivalent of anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=EV55mx7Z-UY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is /a/'s fault

Yeah, what the fuck is up with all these goons posting anime all of a sudden? I say we raid /a/ right now!

Gintama belongs. Sequels/movies/OVAs/etc. should be one item if they belong to the same series.

Gintama is good though

I don't think Gintama is actually good. Here me out. The series is 328 episodes so far. They might adapt the rest I don't know. In that decade+ long period of time it schitzophrenically jumped through a number of different styles and genres, often repeatedly. With that many episodes and that many styles almost anyone can find something that tickles their fancy.

Gintama isn't good. It is just popular because it panders to almost anyone that is willing to try and watch cuckime.

I watched FMA in high school and it was 'aight but I keep trying to rewatch it and it's just childish dumb shit. Is there an episode where brotherhood gets good?

I think you just grew out of anime user.

Oh and to answer your question OP. MAL is the asshole of the aninet. If you took RT mixed in Kotaku and Reddit it still wouldn't be as shit as MAL. If you ever see anyone say anything good about MAL understand that even weebcucks view them as subhuman trash lower than even a kike.

The humor is pretty good for japshit besides the numerous references I don't know. The problem with Gintama, as with a lot of anime, is that it is tonally inconsistent with some hilarious episodes and some serious grimdark arcs. I do not like this shit as I cannot take the serious parts seriously and just want to skip them to get to the funny parts. It is fast paced so if there is a part you don't like it will get to something else soon so in part you are right but it is genuinely hilarious, which is a lot more than most comedy anime can say.

Have you ever tried to read MAL reviews? They are just fucking terrible. How can people unironically get so pretentious about anime? Why do they feel the need to add their shitty jokes to a fucking review and make it 10 pages long with a preface? MAL is largely useless.

Would you prefer moeshit?
anime has already been destroyed as a community topic by these fucking waifucucks systematically and it all started with the "entry level" shaming. Nobody ever connected that the only shows that werent called "entry level" were moefag shows all about girls. Anyone who actually likes anime doesn't talk about it or was driven off by these fucking vermin.

No, /a/, you're the fucking asshole of the aninet. YOU ARE THE FUCKING GARBAGE.

#truth
but we can still talk about it here. No need to get all autistic about it. We're the most rational people on the internet.

People read shitposts and take them serious. Whenever I do anime autism on here it is supposed to be a mockery of people taking japanese children's cartoons so seriously. Irony, kennit?

Those niggers lack any and all self awareness. Also you should post boids on the Jay more. Ever since that autist moved in and Tenko refuses to do his job no one visits the board because you can't take it easy when some faggot is taking a shitposting board seriously and demanding people conform to his standards.

That's nice.

FMA: Brotherhood was absolute trash compared to the original series and there is no convincing argument to prove otherwise. Absolutely none.

they sound like true heroes then

Is this your new reply to everyone who doesn't like anime now that goon has gotten old?

I really need to dig my old DVDs out and give the first series a rewatch.

That's nice.

will do

I wish I hadn't been sick. I left you guys in the hands of a line of incompetent no fun having failures. It's not like I could get the board back even if I wanted it. At least the board isn't as dead as when Trevor killed himself and I took over.

That's nice.

It's dead. done. there's no reviving it. these internet crossdressers have killed it. these autistic pedophilic fucks have ruined anime as a topic on all image boards.

easy now user. anime was never good to start with.

*rolls eyes*

That's nice.

And yet, the more obscure the better the anime is. Fuck the popular vote, the average can go fuck itself, i chose the exceptional.

it's much better than what /a/ would vote on. They'd either choose their favourite animes and look like autistic closet pedophiles or pull some tryhard shit with Berserk, LoGH and whatever other universally praised shows there are.

by the measure some random '00s hentai is the greatest anime ever made. probably is, i don't know. anime is shit

post one amine which is the thinking/feeling man's anime

pro tip: you can't or you won't

When are we going to raid /a/ in retaliation?

Futatsu no Spica.

Parasyte, made in abyss.

Why would we make /a/ better?

Boku no Pico

I'm glad 8/tv/ loves anime. On 4/tv/ these threads usually get deleted even though anime is Holla Forums-related and /a/ is a superfluous board.

Don't mention it ;)

t. board owner

I FUCKING KNEW IT

speak for yourself refugee faggot

8ch is nothing but refugees. What are you talking about?

>>>Holla Forums

okay lad obviously not trolling

What is an anime that isn't complete trash?
I've liked Ghost in the Shell (95) and Serial Experiments Lain.

okay lad obviously not trolling

Here's my top 8 cuckime:

1) Fullmetal Cuckold: BLACKED
2) Kimi no GF
3) Virgintama
4) Moms;Basement
5) Weebtama
6) Loser x Loser (2011)
7) Cuckga Pedoyuu Weebetsu
8) NEETama: GetOutTheHousen

I don't know about Brotherhood, but the first anime stopped being good after like 20 episodes.

I want Ergo Proxy 2

no you didn't you fucking faggot. how is anyone supposed to recommend you anything if you're not honest with your tastes

made me chuckle

This. Lain is a meme show, nobody actually likes it.

Shounen fags always overrate their garbage on online lists. They have plenty of time being 12 years old and not having jobs and all that.
The only good one there is LOGH.

You just can't have enough of the jewess protagonist Rakhel Mei'ir?

Translation of the full song
GINTAMA YEAH ALIEN IN EASTERN PARADISE DA DA DAMy dead eyes come to life with a sense of justice, a sense of justice I had forgotten. Sweet or bitter life, I'll swallow it all down. Today's theme is rewarding good and punishing evil.With the voice of a common man randomly cry "Alien! Alien!" Evasive and sinful, as if you've said your goodbyes to our Eastern ParadiseYou must not yet ooh, throw away a hope that is loyal to your people.The seesaw game is continuing. Yeah, yeah, and we won't give up. Addicted to full-on fighting, I just don't know what to do, I can't quit now-owowFatality doesn't matter at all with all you've got, yell "Da! Da! Da!""Sing the fight song, la la la, sing the fight song. I just wanna listen to you singing out, na na na na na na na..."In a world where the outsiders say "anything goes" what you're going to hone is your aesthetic sense, aesthetic sense. Your real face shows and persona burns away with your real feelings, reward good and punish evilWith a shameless style, they still run about, those aliens, aliens. And by the way, if you want to get back that beautiful Eastern Paradise you saw in your dreams...You must not yet ooh, throw away a hope that is loyal to your people.The outcome of the seesaw game yeah, yeah, is one even we don't know. The dawn of the full-on fight is coming. I just don't know what to do, I have no choice but to win now-owowThe seesaw game is continuing. Yeah, yeah, and we won't give it up. Addicted to full-on fighting, I just don't know what to do but I can't quit now-owowFatality doesn't matter at all. With all you've got, yell "Da! Da! Da!"Fatality doesn't matter at all. With all you've got, yell "Da! Da! Da!"

tl;dr
The chinks hate you weebcucks and are waiting for the day that you will be wiped out of existence. Weebcucks are the villians of Gintama and are too stupid to realize it.
*drops mic*
*teleports behind you*
*posts hooktube*
hooktube.com/watch?v=EV55mx7Z-UY
Nothing personal, goon.

I used to listen to gintama OPs in my car on my way to class. How were they so good? I haven't seen the last 2 or 3 seasons though. Are they as funny as the old stuff?

Last two seasons are pretty serious. The last humorous story arc before Shogun Assassination arc is Kagura's Funeral arc.

I haven't watched the Steins;Gate anime : only read the novel, the 0 novel, and the Deja Vu OVA. But I cannot understand the mass appeal of this serie. It's not bad, but I cannot fathom how it has such a broad appeal (at least one that would put it so high on such lists)

The characters are well balanced, walking a hard line between memorable but not too gimmicky. Their emotions are perfect : they react interestingly with barely any cringy moments. Same for the dialogues, with very little filler which is quite rare for japanese scripts.

But the script, which is the make or break part, is really weak in all the important spots. The time travel is shit. The MacGuffin storyline is uninterresting and clunky. The time travel impacts lead to boring "dilemas" (except for the main one). They could have done so much with it and all we get is some barebone butterfly effect mundane stuff.

Does it boil down to the ending? The twist is good but I have seen much, much better. Does it boil down the main character's fight against time / destiny / fate / whatever? To the time travel shennanigans? To the girls? I don't get it.

It's entry level VN without a lot of sex or excessive violence so it has more mainstream western appeal. It's pretty boilerplate time paradox shit, but in modern western media it isn't an idea that is explored a lot so a bunch of kids got really into it.

It's funny enough. 297 is where it starts. It works as a stand alone so you can just watch it.

Let me clarify
That should clarify that a little more. The expression transliterates as something like your real face/business face. I think my translation works contextually.

Holla Forums: The only media worthy of praise are unlovable garbage

I'm still getting into VNs but I don't think that's accurate. Eroge just seem to be lower budget and have worse writing in general because they cannot stand on their own. Steins;Gate is popular in the west BECAUSE it has good art style and good writing. And the anime helped too.

Not even accounting for eroge a lot of VNs have sex and violence shoehorned in to appeal to their main audience, teenage boys and vegetarian men who never really grew up.

Fair point. There was a lot of influential movies in the 80's and 90's about time travel (Terminator, Back to the Future, Groundhog Day, Twelve Monkeys, …). But what about Donnie Darko then? I would argue that it had as much of a cultural impact for its time as the BttF trilogy.

time travel and time itself are jewish physics

The idea of parallel worlds is a post modern jewish athiest's dream. Of course we know that God is real and that the multiverse is a fucking retarded theory that would make even the most disgusting debauchery meaningless and justified.

Naturally I agree with #7, but everything else is all anime within the last 20 years. Not surprising that fags forget everything that isn't popular at the moment, but come on there is a shitload of other shows they could have chosen.

Donnie Darko is a cult movie that premiered on 9/11 and didn't delve into paradox shit very deeply. Despite how over represented it is on places like tumblr, it isn't as big on a lot of memellennials radar as Kikes;Bullshit is.

*last 7 years

Almost as if a lot of kids start watching anime around 12 and grow out of it after highschool for the most part.

I started at 22 and grew out of it by 26. I'm in my late thirties now

I started at 8 and haven't grown out in my 40s, so there is that.

shit son you might be retarded

shut up asshole

nah it's okay dude I'm an a neet

Started at 8 and grew out of it at 19.

that's quite the harvest friendo good work