3DS Homebrew Thread

UPDATING EMUNAND TO 11.0 IS SAFE
INSTALLATION GUIDE (PARTS 1-3 FOR DOWNGRADE + EMUNAND, 4 AND 5 FOR A9LH SETUP)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
If you're a full on ADHD Retard you can get a Chrome Extension to help you with the guide as well: bob.me.tz/age/
While 11.0 has only managed to patch MemChunkHax2.1 halfway, Nintendo has instated a minimum system app version list. This means that without a hardmod, it will take another exploit on the scale of 9.2 to be able to downgrade. There is a work-around now, however.
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher. Note that Tubehax is dead on all devices, all firmwares. Ignore it.
If you have a browser available, use the package in part 4 of the installation guide to dump your OTP, then update to 9.2 and install A9LH+CFW. Read here for more details: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update If you have cubic ninja but no browser, see here: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(Cubic-Ninja-OTP)
You'll want to update to 9.0-9.2, preferably 9.2. There are ways to update straight to 9.X with CFW, or you can find a game card that has a 9.0-9.2 update on-cart and use that. read here for more details. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
You have no use for memchunkhax2/2.1. Install a CFW of your choice.
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution.
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can use Smashhax if possible. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
As of writing, from these firmwares upwards on n3DS systems ONLY, you should not have the browser nag. Use browserhax as normal, install menuhax.
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. Ironhax does not work on this firmware as 10.4 REQUIRES you to update the game before launching it.
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible with Browser/Menuhax.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/tag/v0.80
github.com/HouseBreaker/Shameless/releases
ptrk25.github.io/GroovyFX/
3ds.titlekeys.com/
github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases
my.mixtape.moe/djqyuj.zip
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
pastebin.com/bSjz9ut5
archive.is/eEDf5
archive.is/Ud1LM
archive.is/eEDf5
please
archive.is/wlB3P
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3zqon4/tutorial_having_trouble_with_other_region_cia/
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Firmware-Downgrade
github.com/d0k3/Universal-Inject-Generator
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php
github.com/MrCheeze/GYTB
my.mixtape.moe/cjvpqi.zip
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
r4wood.com/pages/Wood-R4-Kernel.html
r4ids.us/r4i-gold-3ds-download.html,
gbatemp.net/threads/all-firmwares-for-the-r4.193749/
my.mixtape.moe/ndppzo.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

3DS Downgrading & Setting up CFW Links:
Installation (Follow up to step 3 for sysNAND + emuNAND, all the way for full A9LH Installation)
Thread Archives, 3DSISO Account, and Others: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
Luma3DS and ReiNAND are the two most popular CFW and support A9LH, as well as having a number of features: Region Free, Language Emulation, etc.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. Not recommended. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For NTR to launch, you must download a Firmware.bin file from the A9LH guide, part 5, even if you're using emunand.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
To update from rxTools, first check that your sysnand is on 9.2. Users running rxtools

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases or ciangel: github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/tag/v0.80
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes using Shameless: github.com/HouseBreaker/Shameless/releases or use CDN-FX to download directly: ptrk25.github.io/GroovyFX/
In order to download direct from Nintendo you must have an encTitleKeys.bin file. This contains title keys for games. You can get one here: 3ds.titlekeys.com/ or if using freeshop, get a cia installable updater for this file here: github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
the encTitleKeys.bin most commonly used by all is dependent on user submissions. If you have a title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added. You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump, but the site doesn't take these.
You can encrypt your decTitleKeys.bin using titlekey encrypt (file) in the options. This will make it usable for everyone. you can then open this file in CDN-FX or a number of other tools to see the encrypted title key for your specific title in plain form, and post it here, or generate a QR code.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/djqyuj.zip
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
Luma3ds Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
ReiNand Download (Now supports O3DS AND N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Python 2.7: python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
3d/scurv/ volafile: volafile.io/r/acH6c7
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
Last rxTools nightly (only use if you have to): my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/bSjz9ut5
Last Thread: archive.is/eEDf5

So what is everyone playing? I'm trying to blast through the remaining routes left since I hear Final/Apocalypse has some extras depending on save data. inb4 it's fucking nothing

Anyone got last thread archived?

No actual 3DS games lately. I got around to completing Donkey Kong (GB) and wishing I'd done so sooner, the final boss was a bitch. Also Super Princess Peach, it's a bad game, but adorable and relaxing so it helps me sleep.

archive.is/Ud1LM

Awww.

archive.is/eEDf5
This one has pictures but I don't know if any of them are valuable

just beat legend of zelda oot 3d
not sure if I want to invest time into its master quest

on a9lh cfw sysnand Luma, can I just install gba games and it just fucking work?

Probably not.

Yep!

that's actually a reason to try it

Sweet! Now to find the FF 4,5,6 color restored files… the mega links in OP were taken down. :/

pastebin.com/UdL5SN04

I just said the links in op were broken. But I found it elsewhere so thank you anyway.

they were working for me a few hours ago

still working for me too

I mean some of the links IN that pastebin.

yes, they still work for me
exactly which ones are broken?

gba inject mega still works

Are those the patched ones?

don't know
test them to see if they're to your liking

Not when you get MQ dungeons bundled with it. Just do a 3 heart challenge if you want that, it's close enough.

Did Inti Creates released the update for Azure Striker Gunvolt for 3DS, the one with the japanese audio and english texts,I mean.

last thread an user wanted to know if he could systrans from o3ds to n3ds. Just read my n3ds manual and it says n3ds can only transfer to n3ds.
technically it was n3ds XL can only transfer n3ds XL, but I think that's enough evidence to suggest a regular n3ds will act the same

I'm actually disappointed Majora's Mask 3D didn't have the option for this.

now imagine a three heart quadruple challenge is like

Is there anything I need to know before installing custom firmware if I've been using a gateway flashcart on my 3ds before?

ALBW does that, it's quite hard. Remember the asshole worm boss in LttP that likes to reset the fight by knocking you off the platform? In ALBW hero mode, you die outright unless you've been collecting heart pieces.

At a minimum, delete the Gateway loader and format emuNAND (emuNAND9 can do this) or just format the SD card in your 3DS. I'd only be super worried if you've been using the card under sysNAND (you'll know if you have), but don't know if they are known to taint it outside of that.

o3ds to o3ds
o3ds to n3ds
n3ds to n3ds

No n3ds to o3ds transferring allowed.
There are 2 3ds models, old and new. 2ds, small or XL, doesn't matter. There are only 2 models with different firmware because of different hardware.

Does anyone know how to rip music out of a .3ds?

Regular size white N3DS announced for US, exclusive to Target and Walmart

please use archive.is/articles/new-150-3ds-revealed-8-wii-u3ds-games-drop-to-20/1100-6442469/

So this will probably have 11.0, right?

archive.is/wlB3P

Ordering Freakyforms Deluxe today to get on with it finally.

What's some good emulators for it anons?
PS1 emulation on n3DS when?

It might even have a newer firmware released along with it. I wouldn't buy one.

Well we'll know for certain by then, I'm sure.

11 is (kinda) down-gradable so at least the new system will come with a down-gradable firmware.

So, I'm getting an error code when I try to go online with Monster Hunter Generations, saying I need to agree to the online usage agreement thing even though I did. The code is 003-0399

ur gonna get doxxed by big N

Yeah the only reason I'm looking forward to it is because I need a replacement 3DS because my attempt at replacing my O3DS's cart slot didn't work.

I've collected ever American unit, if you guys wanna avoid shitty firm 11, you could get the happy home designer small n3ds.

That's great but when do we get interesting colours for N3DS? Dark grey, dark blue and white is most boring, I kinda miss my defunct pearly pink O3DS.

What surprises me is that they haven't updated the bootrom against A9LH yet, they were pretty quick to patch out Bootmii.

Too much work for a *dying* console, I think they'd prefer the quick and easy way of preventing downgrades.

How many of you fags lurk the temp?

From what I understand the retroarch will handle alright for most of the older systems. Theres a ps1 emulator but it doesn't run that great, and most likely won't get much better. If you can find an injected SNES rom of something you want to play, it's better to install that if you don't like how retroarch handles it.

That's mildly disappointing.

Yeah but those aren't even in stock at most places and even used is $200+.

If you don't have access to a hacked console and can't hardmod it's a decent choice.

Fortunately I do have a hacked O3DS.

That's good, the fieldrunner's dsiware downgrade is just using TWLtool to dump nand, patching it with a downgrade-able native firm, and restoring your patched nand. This shit takes a few hours though, make sure your transfer SD is fuckin empty too. It took me 4+ hours just to do the transfer because I had 4 or 5 gigs of stuff (nand backups and homebrew) on the SD.

What happens to the o3ds once you've done everything? I heard it screws up your nnid, but I don't really know what that changes

make a dummy nnid on a fresh emunand and buy the game from that, then install the exploit and transfer it over.

Oh that's an interesting idea. I'm on arm9, so do I just create a new emunand using emunand9?

You dun goofed and installed the wrong CIA region-wise, like EUR or US or whatever.
You can try to use a save manager and see if you can still use the save file on the correct region copy of the game, or just follow this link:

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3zqon4/tutorial_having_trouble_with_other_region_cia/

Any help? The Luma3DS bootup settings are still accessible, apparently there's a bug where the 3DS can't function with a lot of empty SD card space but I'm not sure how credible that is

Yeah but that shit'll format your SD to make sure it's backed up. Or use a different one.

If that's the case, couldn't he just install one of the many custom firmwares that get rid of that stupid region shit?

I don't know about not functioning but I do know that you can't install shit using fbi or dev menu if your capacity is over 100 gigs.

that will format your SD so make sure it's all backed up*

ก ก ก

🔴҈҈҈҈҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉

nippon

Shit. Let's say I want to keep my NNID on my a9lh o3DS, can I unlink it before doing a system transfer to the 11.0 FW n3DS?

You have to have your nnid for the transfer if you actually want to transfer anything. If you want to keep your nnid on the o3ds then do a nand backup before transfer then restore it after.

Where has the time gone? I remember helping with making the /vp/-tans.

By default, Windows formats SD cards 64 gigs and up exFAT. The 3ds can only work with the FAT32 format. Did you properly format your ad card? That might be the issue.
we should get a little section in the op about this

Had no choice, I'm running a JP machine but for Monster Hunter the servers are region locked, so I need to be able to play both the JP Cross and the NA Generations. I was under the impression Luma was region free to begin with though, since the game itself runs fine in single, but I guess not. Thanks though!

I'm running a 128 GB SD and I haven't had any problem using FBI

This isn't really Homebrew-related, but…

Doesn't this seem kinda strange? I mean, wasn't it shit when it came out?

Shit, Socketpunch looks really cool now. I really had a lot of time without coming around.

I have a question, there's no way to download DLC from Nintendo servers like you download, other games via freeshop?
Also, still asking this, since I want to play Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, the PC port is terrible

It's not that bad. It's just bad compared to the original, and the control scheme is shit. It have some neat ideas like the camo camera.
I guess some users appreciate it later, but I don't think it's 78 at all. But only fags trust critics anyway.

Wish Kojima updated it for the N3DS with the overclocked CPU and the camera nipple, before he got the boot.

It is shit.
I suppose Konami payed well and the few people that got it are too cucked to give a fair review
the game is literally unplayable
and I say this as someone that played MGS3 a dozen times

Oh, yeah, fps is shit as well, forgot about that.

How does MGS3 runs on the N3DS with the overclocked hardware?

Is it possible to transfer the save data of a gba inject on the wii to a gba inject of the same game on the 3ds?

decrypt9 just got updated, you can dump carts directly to .cia now instead of going through the conversion process.

github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

I'll add this to the OP.

if you can get the .sav from the wii you can transfer the save to gba vc with the latest decrypt9.

I'm pretty sure it has a ceiling of like 25-30 fps hardcoded.

Asking again from last thread,

Are the LEGO games worth playing?

Fuck yeah, that's the last nail in the Gateway coffin. Also one less proprietary software to deal with, UIG is the last one I believe?

And I just got my 3DS fully up and running, what perfect timing. Beautiful.

it's fine if I get the save as a .bin instead? can't find a wii homebrew app that converts them to .sav

You could just export them as .sav, dummy

even decrypt9 gives me the save as a .bin
think I can just transfer all the hex data then reinject the dump?

nope, that failed.

How do you access DLC through FreeShop? I've seen the DLC for some games show up on 3DS Title Key, but how do you get them? Will they just show up as purchased on the in-game menus?

Hold on, I thought the newest Browserhax supports 11.0.

I took my buddy's 3DS thinking I can use it on 11. Did I dun goof?

You can use browserhax and themehax but they don't have the means to downgrade in 11.0 as the exploit used was patched out. CFW execution requires exploits present in older versions or A9LH, that's why you have to downgrade.

There is a way to downgrade 11.0 but it's, complicated and requires either a hardmod, or a particular DSiware title and a 3DS with CFW.
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Firmware-Downgrade

In short, you cocked up.

I got a 2DS laying around that literally hasn't been turned on in like 5 months.
Quick question: about how long do you think it'd take me to get pirated games running? I mean, a tl;dr on how this is done is appreciated as well, but if I get a good answer to the first question, I'll probably end up reading all the guides anyway.

Depends.
You can get it done in less than an hour if you know what you're doing.

Less than a day

If it's your first time and you don't encounter any problems, maybe 2-3 hours if you settle for themehax+emuNAND. Add a couple more if you do A9LH.

Do not rush it, make sure you're following the instructions carefully.

So I played a little bit of it last night. I believe it's not that bad, once you turn on the Circle Pad Pro feature. Yeah the framerate sucks, but if you're expecting 60 FPS on a 3DS, you're a nutcase. I still feel a bit unprepared to play it, since I'm not all too comfortable with the controls.

Smash did it, but MGS3 is about sneakan, why would you need 60 FPS on a portable system to sneak is beyond me

It ain't working user, decrypt9 won't recognize my save as a valid injectable, neither as .sav or .bin. I'm gonna try hex edit again

My own 3DS is ARM9 hacked but I took my friend's thinking I can do his. Damn

freeShop only supports downloading titles so far, not updates nor DLC.

I haven't used it, but I THINK CIAngel supports DLC installs. Not sure about updates, though you can access those easily through normal Eshop, as it doesn't check whether you own the game

Damn, so the DLC uploads on the Title Key site are just there?

As I said, I think only CIAngel uses them. I can try for you in abut 5 minutes, see what happens.

Okay, according to the Github releases, it does support DLC and Updates, even DSiWare, which I think Freeshop misses.

Also, now CIAngel can install directly OR download a .cia; it used to only download .cias

Huh, interesting. Anything I need to be wary of before using CIAngel? I seem to recall hearing it had issues of some kind.

It had issues, but they're all ironed out from what I know.

Just downloaded some DLC, ad holy crap I want to kill myself. To install it, you have to hit the option to manually enter a key, then type the title ID then type the encrypted key, which you have to get off 3ds.titlekeys.com

So roundabout, but at least it works for some of those things you can't find easily. Oh, and updates are there, and can be found without having to type the ID key in, but I suspect some are missing, so maybe you do, who knows.

And fuck that shitty UI.

Hm, well, at least the functionality exists, so if I need to bother I can do that, and by the time I do maybe they'll clean up the UI. Thanks much user!

FreeShop is getting dlc+update support in a future update.

I've never done save injecting for GBA VC because it's so stupid and weird, so I can't really say, sorry.

Universal Inject Generator is already open source: github.com/d0k3/Universal-Inject-Generator

I have an 'upgrading sd' section, but I should make it more explicit for 64GB+, so sure.

If I can get the archive before the thread 404's I always put them at the very bottom of the OP.

Which links, were they in one of the pastebins? I assumed since freeshop came around that the bigass pastes full of cias were kind of wasted space but I haven't touched them for fear of some autist's shitfit.

you have to decrypt it with decrypt9 then use a tool to unpack the rom, then you can have at all the files.

definitely 11.0. I'm so glad I got the animal crossing n3ds before it started getting scalped to fuck, only $10 more than that.

you don't need Freakyforms for any version anymore.

well, at least it's not the end of the world if the gba saves can't transfer.

That's very reassuring. Thanks.

can you include this link: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
It's a method for properly formatting large sd cards.

I prefer using emunand9 because it handles the cluster size and all, but I can include a link.

How safe is freeshop?

and should the wireless light on a n3ds xl be on almost all the time? It's kinda freaking me out.

There's no risk going online in emunand right?

FreeShop is very safe. The internet light usually blinks pretty occasionally but if you're using freeShop it's probably just downloading stuff.

No risk at all. Using flash carts is where the risk usually comes in.

on the homescreen mine stays solid, and blinks off occasionally.

there's a risk with using flash cards on emunand?

I thought you needed it for downgrade a 10.7 n3ds?

If you set your DNS before opening the browser, you can use browserhax fine now since it got updated for 11.0 and under.

3DS Flash carts, like Gateway/Sky3DS use the .3ds format of cart dumps and have headers which are unique and identifiable. If multiple people use the same header then it appears as if one game is being played online at multiple times. on CIAs it uses the 3ds' internal header so it's just as if you bought your game from the eshop.

doubtful anything is going on, I'm pretty sure it only blinks when there's activity.

Oh shit, tut where?

Usually?

Obviously if you're cheating online with something like NTR you're asking for a ban, and Nintendo has been very harsh on people cheating badge arcade coins, but playing normally poses 0 risk, which is why I say usually. Just don't be an asshole, basically. Unless you're addicted to crane games you have no reason to get banned. You can even get custom badges, it's so not worth bothering with that.

under internet settings > connection settings > your connection > change settings > DNS

set DNS to 107.211.140.065 then go to yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php on your 3ds or scan this QR, then you can proceed. once you downgrade you can set your DNS back to auto, and I would recommend doing that because otherwise you wouldn't be able to upgrade your emunand.

Wonderful. Thanks user.

Are badges the things you can stick on folders to make them look nice? I saw some custom ones wayyy back that were all the VC consoles. How do I get those?

yes, those are badges. You just have to have 64x64 pngs on your sd card in a 'badges' folder, then download GYTB.cia from github.com/MrCheeze/GYTB

install and run it, then you can place and attach badges from the top left button in the menu like you would set a theme. here's a pack of my personal console badges: my.mixtape.moe/cjvpqi.zip

Seems like CFW is fucking difficult to achieve with the Wiki. It's almost worrying to attempt.

Aww hell yea. Do you have to run that cia every time or just the once?

every time you add new badges you have to run it, but otherwise only once.

it's really not that risky at all, as long as you can read and follow basic instructions you'll be fine. Plenty of retards on leddit and gbatemp have their shit working fine so you'll probably be fine.

Gonna run through it still since may as well. Be nice to finally play online for MHG.
It's a one and done thing once finish all steps right? Just run updater occasionally, or need to repeat shit to upgrade Luma?

after you have it set up when new versions of luma come out you just have to recopy an arm9loaderhax.bin from the latest version on github to the root of your SD.

Do I downgrade now posted before, or follow the guide from part 1?
I'm being a faggot asking a lot of shit, I know.

just use a real child, same thing basically

what does this mean even?

Download the latest luma, open the .zip, copy arm9loaderhax.bin to your SD card, and then reboot your 3ds, and luma is updated. If you have the .cia installed you just have to hit download and restart. You can do an emunand setup if you want, but in my opinion it's not worth doing if you're new to the whole ordeal anyways, it's just annoying more than anything.

Mean do browserhax now, or follow along the Wiki.

browserhax is just an entry to homebrew, you have to follow the guide the whole way through to actually set up what you're going for.

Alright. Thanks user.

Just downloaded Etrian Oddysey V. Hopefully is gud.

I really wish I knew enough moon to play this as is.

I've just hit the 7th floor, it's pretty fun so far.

Keep at it son, you'll get there before you know it, promise.

I heard something fucked can happen if you update your game in a certain way on a 3DS with emunand. Is there a certain way to update games safely?

You can update games however you like in emunand, but you can't use the eshop for out of region games because you can only use the eshop of your region. It's recommended not to update firmware through nag on the home screen but on an emunand I don't think that should cause any issue, and Luma blocks that anyways.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO GET GBA INJECT GAMES TO WORK

I've been beating my ass against the wall on and off for a week now. I've heard all kinds of different solutions
I just need one that works
I've heard vague instructions about installing the game to sysnand, THEN to emunand?

On O3DS rxTools

find a .cia in the pastebin in op.

noo nigga after I install the cia and run the game, I get an error and have to shut off the system. There's some wizardry you need to do first but I haven't been able to work out how to do it

its a pain in the ass process on anything but a9lh. It's time to update brother.

Is that a Touhou-themed hack or something?

This is why I did a9lh.

I've heard a lot about this. I've alway just stuck to rxtools because I was on this in the early days of piracy.

I assume a9lh is another CFW? Is it as simple as just putting the files for it on my SD card and launching it by homebrew channel? I assume I'll keep all my vidya too?

I'm way out of the loop

That's the may big tits mod if I remember right.

It looks like that's an additional mod on top of that, since the pastebin lists both Alpha Sapphire and Star Sapphire versions with a Busty May Mod.

First change to luma3ds which is easy as replacing the files on your sd card.
then follow the guide.

If you already have emunand which I assume you do, then start at part 4.

thank's m'man. I'll give it a shot.
I assume that all the good stuff (such as enabling DS flascharts) is in there too?
Is there anything special I need to do to enable GBA when I have a9LH installed or is it really as easy as all that?

Hmm. I only vaguely recall it since it was one of the first game mods and it was released when piracy was first discovered. you'll just have to google it fren

once its installed just install cias like normal!

you have to install them on sysnand and emunand. Switch to luma instead of rxtools so you dont have to manually patch AGB_Firm.

It's a difficulty hack like neo x/y.

A9LH is an entry point, like using menuhax but with a 100% bootrate and much faster. Luma3DS is an updated cfw with more features than rx as well as support.

That's an individual model patch by reisyukaku. There's a cia with both but star sapphire is a romhack.

Luma automatically patches so you can use every flash cart, once you get A9LH installed you'll be using sysnand only cfw and then you can just install them and run them fine.

So I installed menuhax, but when I try and boot into it, it gives me an error. Any fix?

if you downgraded then it's going to be broken, but the advice is the same, boot without menuhax and change themes a time or two on the home menu then open browserhax and reinstall.

Ah, got you. Thank you.

So downgraded nicely, but now it doesn't like it when my SD card is inserted. What now?

if downgrading went fine, then it's menuhax that's broken. take out your sd card and boot then put it in and change themes around, or open browserhax and install menuhax. If you didn't get to the end where it said 'attempting to restart in 10 seconds' then you have to run the downgrade again. Either way, take your sd out, boot, put it back in.

Anyone try this out yet? I feel as if I could really keep going since it's on a portable system now.

Is there a way to eject SD card in emunand or do I have to power off and get back in to add stuff?

you have to power off first, or use FTPD to transfer from PC to your 3DS.

Deleted Nintendo 3DS folder and it solved it. Some reason, everytime my 3DS froze once downgraded with SD card with it on.

Menuhax broke again, but easy enough to fix.

The nintendo 3ds folder holds all of your installed games and saves, I hope you know that.

Only lost first hour of Bravely Default. Wasn't a loss.
Menuhax is refusing to boot now though, it's being a fucker.

reinstall it, just change themes and open browserhax then open menuhax manager.

I have three times, it still errors for some reason.

How do I switch NNID's?

if you're trying to transfer an NNID you can only do it thru system transfer or contacting nintendo, If you want to make a new one on a system just go a system format or unlink in settings and then make a new one. Remember though, even if you unlink it can only be relinked to the same 3ds unless you do a system transfer, and yes, it's very stupid.

take your SD card out and clean up any menuhax stuff off the root of your sd card and try again. make sure you clear your theme data with theme changes on the home menu.

Thanks for the info man. This stuff makes a lot more sense when you're more aware of how it works.

All sorted. Now it's Emunand9 staying black screen. Any fix, or reboot until works?
Sorry to keep asking shit user.

Assuming you're loading through the homebrew launcher, it can be pretty finicky so keep restarting until it works right.

It's a solid port, doesn't look as good as the wii version or what you could do with emulation, but it gets the job done with good performance.

So I'd have to redo the hacking?

I feel as if this post gives me serious deja vu.

Yeah, menuhax. Just flashes red at bottom before stalling on black screen. Alright, will do.

you wouldn't have to redo that you just cant move your nintendo account to another 3ds without a transfer.

Oh, so I'd have to tell Nintendo that I homebrewed my system so I can get access to the games I purchased? They're gonna love that.

no, you can do a system transfer in system settings if you want to move it to another, if you're trying to get a replacement then you should format your 3ds as a general rule.

I don't have the NNID in question logged into anything anymore.

Well if you have a CFW 3DS you've got what you need. Just ask him to fork out for whichever DSiware game was needed.

Well that's a pleasant surprise! Also I forgot about ROM inject tools.

About the only risk is that you must not update through eShop or it will target sysNAND.

Not difficult, but there is risk and it takes time. The instructions are very well written.

I had to try a bunch of times to get that to work, it's not 100% reliable, much like browserhax.

some are, but you could theoretically do it with all open source stuff, those are more frontends than anything.

Instructions are good, just weird shit in the meantime. Already on part 4, doing NAND backups. It's pretty interesting overall.

Hopefully I'll be able to play Mega Man Zero inject by end of this.

OTP says not enough space on card to backup SysNAND, despite there is. What now?

you can do a sysnand backup with any of the other tools, but you should check your space first, definitely, especially if you're dealing with a small card like a 4GB. Remember that emunand is a hidden partition taking ~1.3GB, on top of each dump being the same.

Shows 2.28gb on card when plug it in, and it was good enough to make a backup of EmuNAND a moment ago before I moved it onto comp.

if you're following the steps in the guide you were doing a rednand so it could be minsize where your sysnand isn't. Try doing a minsize sysnand backup with d9, or just use a different tool.

I left it a while and then it realized I had more space, just made the backup now. Seems it takes its time adapting.

Or, buy a 2DS, hack it, and do a system transfer like I did.

Can I do this? Unlink, create a new NNID, system transfer, relink old NNID with the original 3DS system?

yes, you can do that.

so i havent updated since i hacked in back in january. I got an old 3ds with outdated rxtools and outdated fbi. I want to upgrade to another cfw. Theres two links for Luma cfw which on eshould i use? also how do i update fbi?

delete your rx shit, download the latest version of Luma3DS from the releases page (5.5), copy over the luma3ds.dat, luma folder, and 3ds folder containing the homebrew app to load it, then you can load it in menuhax. To update FBI, just install a new fbi .cia with the old one.

you can also download games directly with an eshop-like frontend with freeshop.

Additionally, there's a possibility rx may have fragmented your nand, you can fix this with decrypt9 if you feel the need but for the most part it's non-critical, just not super safe either. Also, if you want to get 100% bootrate and much faster than menuhax, without having to spend an extra gig and a half on an emunand you can follow parts 4+5 of the guide in OP to install arm9loaderhax.

Finally on part 5, but each time I navigate to the URL, the screen glitches out entirely.

too lazy to do AH9l, but if i delete rxtool shit, it wont affect anything on the shit i have on my emunand right? im doin a back up just in case

as the guide says, try hitting select even if it's fucked up and see what happens.

it's still the same emunand, you're just using a different set of patches and tools to load it and make it do what you want. So yes, everything will still be there.

Everytime I bitch, it fixes the moment I retry after. Eventually shit'll be stable.

it's about as stable as it's going to be, though the latest d9 update has some interesting new features that should be cool, pic related.

Useful for people done, or people starting?

restoring EmuNAND_Original. Fuck this has taken hours, I thought people were kidding at first.

people starting. It does take a while to get set up but on the upside it doesn't need a whole lot after that, and in my opinion it's worth the convenience and features.

It's been fun to do in all honesty. Least now got GBA and DOOM, along with all other benefits.

Is the performance boost given anything noticeable?

Personally I'm loving the new Decrypt9 because I own a ton of physical games that aren't on FreeShop that I want on my hacked machine, so I've spent the past day primarily ripping games while taking breaks to let the machine cool down because holy shit is it overheating at times.

the new 3ds boost is significant in some, miniscule in others. Pokemon X/Y are fairly insignificant, OR/AS does a little better but still not amazing. I've heard senran kagura burst runs a lot better with it on, and in general it's worth keeping on in general, I think there was someone who looked into it and said it was something like 5% extra battery drain. Only 2 games that have issues with it off the top of my head are sonic and sega all stars racing, and final fantasy explorers.

glad to hear, be sure to share those with anyone interested. It does have to basically max out the processor when it's decrypting them.

I'd believe it with how hot it's running, plus it takes time, some of these games are huge - most are around 2 GB, but DQ8 was like 3 and a half.

As for anyone interested, these are all JP versions, which I presume is why they weren't up in the first place, but if anyone wants the SRWs, the Sekaiju no MeiQs, the DQ games, PxZ 2 with the Original Sound, or SMT 4 and FINAL, let me know so I can figure out how to share this shit. Once my machine cools down next up is probably Downtown Nekketsu Jidaigeki and then Persona Q, then 7th Dragon III and Bravely Second.

All fucking done finally. Everything seems in working order. Assume I can finally play online again without any fuckery?

Huh. Wouldn't have thought games would struggle with it. Easy enough to turn off for them.

Also add Monster Hunter 4G to that list, I thought I saw it on the FreeShop alongside 3G and X, but that was just regular 4, so I'll rip 4G as well later.

r8 my alium waifus faggots

Where can I ind the motivation for A9LH?

Can it be uninstalled should I ever get rid of my DS, and don't want to sell a hacked one? Is there anything terribly great about it apart from faster boot, gba made easy and boot recovery, all of which don't appeal to me…

And, I ask yet again, are the LEGO games any fun?

100% boot rate
the guide says it's permenant

DOOM, user.
Emulators in the future.
Injects.

Why not d/l and try? LEGO games generally are regarded as fun.

To the user I was talking to about CIAngel earlier, as well as other anons:

According to github merges, FreeShop's next release will support DLC and Updates, sowe don't have to use CIAngel's GUI.

Do it now before nintendo fucks it up.

Fucking awesome. Any ETA on that? Not in a huge hurry, just curious.

Nah, the last release was Jun 22, and the commit was on Jul 6, and only says initial support. Maybe the end of the month or next?

And I fucked up my greentext

Sounds promising. Like I said, got plenty to play as is without DLC for the moment though, so that's fine for now.

If you really want it, you could compile it, but I have no idea how to compile .cia files from gits. Hell, Ican hardly compile an .exe or .app

Where do I put GBA.cia's to play? Just root of the SD?

I mean doing it now before they fuck a9lh up somehow

Just install them from wherever.
I made a folder named CIA on my sd and just put everything I want to install there.

I may get told I'm a fucking retard but whatever.
I copy pasted the folders of my 3ds into my hard-drive at an inferior version, can't I just copy paste it in my 3ds again ?
In any case, wouldn't using the freakyhax exploit work ?

Like, you copied the folder of an older firmware then updated since?
No, the firmware is installed on the NAND, which is internal to the system and you can't access easily.

What firmware are you on?

Yes, and I'm on 11.0

How does playing online with ROMhacks and shit work? Safe?
Is it safe to play online at all with bought games as well?

no, you fucking dumbass
Yes, you fucking dumbass

Well, only options are hardmod or DSiWare trick, but that needs a 2nd DS.

Sorry friendo.

Perhaps buy a cheap 2DS, as you can use that with the DSi trick to hack your 11.0 system, and the $100 is instantly made back after 2 or 3 pirated games.

Like Pokemon ROMhacks? Servers have no checks for hacks, so go nuts.

Purchased games, both digital and physical all work onlne without any problems.

Before you call someone else a dumbass, check your info. I've played online with romhacks and so have others.

except they do

For confirmation, when you talk about the dsi trick, you're talking about this one right ?
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
not the one which involve soldering ?

Yeah, my bad, I didn't specify about the only heck the servers DO have:

You can't use legendaries online that are obviously fakes, like a Shaymin caught in XY in an ultra ball.

It CANNOT tell if you;re using a copy of the game with spawns and dialogue/models changed, as there's no checks for it. The ONLY checks pokemon has online are legitimacy checks of Pokemon, which only affect the rom hacks that have legendaries available in the wild.

That is indeed the one. The soldering one is possible, if you know what you're doing or willing to post it to someone to do it for some money. Hell, ask your father or a friend if they know how to solider, it used to be a pretty common hobby, in terms of crafting.

It also affects romhacks that change Pokemon types, stats, movesets, etc.

my o3ds is already downgraded to 9.2 (and has a broken health and safety, thanks rxtools) due to me already hacked it in the past, i deleted my emunand stupidly because i wanted to use the sd for wii u piracy. can i still go through all the homebrew steps and get luma3ds fine?
also wanting to try 's suggestion about arm9loaderhax. sounds kinky and less space consuming.

If it's your sysNAND H&S that's broken you're probably boned for A9LH, there is an H&S inject step in the guide. Do you still have the original by any chance?

Otherwise you can probably just make a new emuNAND and use Luma3DS on that via themehax. It's not on par with A9LH but it's manageable.

yeah i have just about everything backed up. thought in advance.

except emunand..

I know this isn't a Wii U homebrew thread but it's close enough: anybody know if vWii hacking has finally figured out how to get the USB Gamecube adapters to work as the Gamecube ports on the Wii yet? The only thing keeping me from binning my Wii that I took apart to potentially reflow it was that when I hacked my Wii U's vWii the USB Gamecube adapter did not work with Wii games like Brawl, and thus Project M.

Is there any reason to get an N3DS if I already have an O3DS XL with A9LH? How is the battery life and the improved 3D?

On a side note, what are the best romhacks for the gen 6 pokemon games?

None of them are particularly good, all they do is just up some difficulty and that's it.

N3DS runs better and can handle SNES injects.

Wouldn't say it's worth buying, but it's an improvement.

Better emulators and n3ds exclusive games
You can also use the n3ds clockspeed for normal games, which ups performance for some

safea9lhinstaller has an uninstall function.

The only fix for A9LH is a hardware revision at this point.

theoretically for pokemon hacks you can play online but the vast majority of your pokemon will probably fail a legality check, plus installing updates breaks code.bin mods for romhacks so it's generally not a good idea anyways.

you can make a new emunand fine, just keep going. If you want to clean up H&S dump your sysnand, and then defragment your nand with decrypt9, and then make your new emunand.

I like my N3DS a lot from the O3DS but that's just me personally because my o3dsxl cracked and popped every time I opened it and made it sound like it was about to snap in two, plus I wanted a smaller system in the first place because an XL can't fit in your fucking pocket, but the improved 3d actually mostly works because it can adjust if your head moves, battery life isn't too different in my experience. The performance boost isn't super significant usually, but you do get SNES VC, which was a big draw for me but that really depends on how much you like SNES.

Pretty sure i've got a sysnand here somewhere. I looked around an hour ago and found what i believe is my H&S dump and my NAND

you mean the one n3ds exclusive game worth playing

I'd be more concerned if you didn't have a sysnand, just make a dump whenever.

Xenoblade is pretty cool, though. So are SNES games without shitty hardware rendering.

for some reason after installing menuHAX it showed i have rayman dsi installed on my nand along with a broken app that im not retarded enough to run

go into settings and uninstall the rayman dsi app if you can, then use menuhax to open decrypt9, go to sysnand options > sysnand backup > nand backup then copy to your pc, get a tool to mount it, then defrag, copy it back and restore. Then you shouldn't have any more issues with that.

yknow tbh i dont find it to be an issue cause the game runs fine
just worried it'd kill my shit

well, if it doesn't get fixed it's possible to cause issues in later steps, and the more you step on it the worse it'll get. That said, there's plenty of people still using rxtools, but it's not a fantastic idea overall.

ffuuug :D

i dont even wanna meddle with this shit in the first place. i just wanna run the homebrew app that lets you dump/write ds saves..

you can still install and use twlsavetool but generally people like not to use their sysnand on 9.2 for that sort of thing. You'd still have to load your sysnand with luma or cakes or something to even use that.

my flashcard has been out for delivery since 7:40 in the morning. The wait is killing me.

it won't stay in my 3ds, the internal spring keeps pushing it back.

Can I have an image of it? Usually the fix is using a peice of index card to push the card forward.

358 days next to it for comparison

pushed it hard enough and it clicked.

Shantae and the Pirates Curse link in pastebin is down.

Anyone tried the DS emulator yet?

So I'm guessing to insert a micro sd into it to run NDS games. Good thing I still have the one the 3ds came with. Anything else I should know about modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html

Think I saw that game in the freeshop

Anybody have mirrors to the wood firmware? The r4i website isn't working for me

tried a kernel from r4wood.com/pages/Wood-R4-Kernel.html but that also didn't work

I know you fixed it but the reliable method for me was to push on where the sd card goes in the cart. Usually has a better chance of grabbing the locking mechanism.

I tried using the latest kernel from there the other day and it didn't work either, not sure where to grab the latest firmware from now.

Looks like we're going to have to wait for an user that knows his shit and has this shit. I can't find any working mirrors and the site modchipsdirect links me to to download the firmware is an expired domain. I guess this is what we get for joining the hacking scene so late.

I don't see the point except for perversity value, flash cards aren't going anywhere.

E.X Troopers translation when?

It's absurd as fuck, that's pretty much the draw of it. If it actually becomes viable, that'd be impressive.

great news other user
I'm a fucking retarded nigger and never thought of changing the .cn to .us
get yer firmware here r4ids.us/r4i-gold-3ds-download.html, the flashcard in OP works for me now

Try looking here?
gbatemp.net/threads/all-firmwares-for-the-r4.193749/

hadn't tried there, but I solved my issue

Go to r4ids.cn for the latest kernel.

Didn't realize the site was down, here's the latest kernel off of mine.

my.mixtape.moe/ndppzo.zip

So how big are NDS games, on average? Would it be worth the money to upgrade my flash card's sd card size or keep using the 4 gig the n3ds came with?

most NDS games cap at about 64 MB but all the pokemon games are larger, white/black are 512 MB, for example. I use a 16 for mine, but you could get by fine with an 8 for the most part.

Anyone got the webm of how to install luma?

why do you need a webm? It's just dragging and dropping.

Still requesting help bruh.

There's a WebM? Regardless, why not use the real guide? They're really well written instructions and likely more up-to-date.

download the latest version of luma, copy the luma3ds.dat, 3ds folder, and luma folders to your sd card, and then launch it through menuhax. Unless you're asking for the downgrade process in which case there's a guide in OP.

also it's in the OP.

No? I'm talking about switching back to my legit NNID without having to reformat. In fact, I don't even know if reformatting will screw up the completed hack.

Does the Friend List not work on a CFW'd machine? I tried booting it up and it froze the machine

General consensus from GBAtemp is open it up and let it stay open for 10-20 minutes. Not sure if they mean on EmuNAND or SysNAND, but try both if you can.

Apparently it's a problem that happens during downgrades, so restoring an old EmuNAND.bin might work, too.

My mate had the issue, but I've hacked a dozen of these things now and never seen it before.

Call up Nintendo and ask to have your NNID, the current one, disconnected. Email works too, I suppose.

Did the full Arm9 deal so only running a SysNAND at the moment. Do you know if they meant to let it stay open like that everytime you wanted to open it, or just the one time and after that it's all fine?

Either way, not a huge deal, just would be convenient for Monster Hunter.

The thread I found said to just leave it open and it fixes whatever the error is permanently. As to what exactly it's fixing, I have no idea.

MonHun has the in-game friend list, though it's shit and only shows you online if you're in a hub. Thought sometimes, just sometimes, someone I enjoy hunting with is online.

Fair enough, seems to be working now, thanks!

It's actually the same one as the 3DS's, which is why I figured I'd make sure it's working. More for the convenience of not having to tell my hunting pals the Hall ID or password though, since you can set it so people on your friends list can auto enter without entering the password.

How'd I set Retroarch up? It just comes up as folders in homebrewlauncher.

Sorry I thought you were

I've not had issues with my friends list at all.

How do you get around Mega's download limit? I've been trying to download the Busty May Mod version of Alpha Sapphire from the Pastebin but it keeps cutting out

use jdownloader2 or megasync.
jdownloader preferred cause megasync tends to freeze

It's refusing to start up on JDownloader so far, but that might be because of hitting the "daily cap" so I'll wait a while and see if it works later. Thanks!

nigger what the fuck? i've been hearing a lot about mega capping people and refusing to work, but i've been downloading literal hundreds of gigs worth of shit off it for the past several months without a hitch.
maybe i'm just stupid lucky this one time.

Don't know what to tell you, I get about 80% done with one of these and then it just kills the download with a "SORRY YOU HIT YOUR DAILY CAP" and then won't let me start that or any other download despite me not actually downloading anything ultimately.

now thats some grade A chink-ery.

You're telling me

Go back to Reddit

So, how does the whole decTitleKeys.bin deal work? I've tried doing it a few times and submitting it to the titlekey site, but it doesn't seem to be taking. Do they just not update the site often? Or am I doing something wrong? Should it be dumping the titlekeys for any titles installed on the NAND, or ones in the cartridge, or what?

Honestly I don't know how the whole backend works, so who knows how it works. They take dectitlekey.bins but it seems like they're manually screened. You might be able to send in an enctitlekey.bin instead but I don't really know.

Senran Kagura runs better with arm9. It went from unplayable to shitty at worst. I'm on o3ds, so I'm betting it must run even better on n3ds.

Anyone got a link for Ace Combat? I even went looking for a physical copy, fucker is gone everywhere.

I'd learn if I knew I wouldn't drop it. Can;t imagine it needs to be understood to be able to play it though.

Sounds like placebo honestly. What will impact performance is the 3D slider, games like Pokémon X/Y perform unacceptably in battle scenes with it on, and I'm pretty sure it applies to Burst too. Actually been meaning to try it again on N3DS with the hacks.

its on the freeshop with the latest title keys

Yeah, no, go back to Reddit.

user i..

Menuhax broke because my mate decided to install a custom theme on his SysNAND instead of his EmuNAND, which seems to mess it up.

Browserhax site appears down on both my computer and my 3DS, which is a pain.

Anyone know if there's a backup/mirror of the site? Otherwise, I'll have to get a 2nd friend to lend me his copy of OoT3D to fix the first mate's DS.

This is why we shouldn't make friends.

I need to get around to setting that up then.

yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php

Seems to be up mate. Also I believe the site is open source, so you could probably set it up on your own web server.

Put a9hl on it this time.

Huh, works now. Must of been down for the 30 minutes I was trying it.

But then I'd have to actually do something.

It'd be worth it. Aside from the reliable and fast booting it's very hard to break, whereas updating from eShop is enough to fuck up an emuNAND setup.

I miss OS-tan comics.

Anyone have DOOM on 3DS? Can you play with mods on it, or strictly the base game?

its really easy using freeshop and the titlekey updater. Install freeshop github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases then install the updater github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases Run the updater before running freeshop for the first time. Then run freeshop and enjoy easymode piracy

Got the files ready for when I remove SD card again, least it'll save me space doing it that way.

Retard question, is it region free the shit from there?

Nah, there is a seperate title for each region

How'd you go about launching out of region titles?

Luma just lets me. Also Ace Combat is only available in US region on freeshop

I'll just give it a go and see what happens then. Best time to give EX Troopers a go.

Thanks user.

I think it's only the base game but I haven't tried.

titles are region-locked but luma has a built-in regionfree patch so you can do whatever you want.

Pretty depressing if it doesn't, since don't think it's being worked on anymore.
Least Quake port has mod support.