Miss me yet, Holla Forums?

Miss me yet, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

please
archive.is/SWGvZ
atrueott.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/henry-makow-blockbuster-confessions-of-a-luciferian-jew-wow/
mijet.eludevisibility.org/
info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3_Complete
info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Classic_Heroes
dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9347
dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8423
dcserv.org/?page_id=12
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SEGA > Sony > Nintendi

The dreamcast was literally ahead of its time. Look at its features.

Online play.
Controller had a tamgotchi type thing inside of it.
M+KB support.

I'm probably missing a bunch.

SEGAY DOES WHAT CUCKTENDON'T

Only console to come with the ability to play CD music at the time. you pretty much hit the major points though

Sega had the hardware. They just needed the games.

They had all the games.

saturn did online play before dreamcase. dreamcast just shipped with it. Dreamcast kind of just took many of Saturn's innovations and improved on them. The Sega Saturn is inarguably the most advanced 2D machine in existence.

yeah, if you think sega didn't have game production down to a high consistency art you're deluding yourself and need to learn your libraries because you're missing out on hundreds of top notch games. Panzer Dragoon Zwei is one of the most breathtaking games and to this day is still absurdly impressive.

Everyday fam

Master System > NES
Anyone who thinks SMS is full of NES ports is an underagefag who doesn't do research.

Don't forget about SG-1000 too

I used to play audio CD's on my Playstation.

Even had Music 2000 where you could rip your audio CD's and use them in a song.

skies of arcadia
Soul Calibur
headhunter
outtrigger

Miss me, Holla Forums?

GIPPO DUDEE

There's like 10 worthwhile exclusives, most of the good games are multiplats or arcade ports.

Anything before playstation 1 isn't fun to play anymore.

Are you telling me this game is shit.

The Master System was filled with terrible home versions of SEGA arcade games like Outrun or Fantasy Zone and most of its library was pretty forgettable. Sorry but the Master System sucked compared to the NES library wise.

If only they put Panzer Dragoon Saga on Dreamcast.

I don't know if the master system was better than the NES, but I do know it's a tremendous console that Sega supported excellently. It's fascinating seeing how many back ports it got well after its prime, and well after Nintendo discarded their NES. Sega gave their customers a ton of value. Also, Sega consoles have the best RGB image, period.

Quiet, casual. Play some Panorama Cotton.

I miss the PC ports you promised us, you nip fucks. Where are they, Eggman?

go away, we're talking about classics here.

Have all set up in front of me and regularly play. New games made for all as well.
Shame the Mega Man 2 'port' was shitcanned for SMS. It looked great.
Mega Drive > Genesis.

Pretty sure you can play music on the SEGA CD.

VMU is great.

Unsure since never tried, but could you do multiplayer on SEGA channel on the Genesis?

Mark-III looks much better.

Where the fuck is the Game Gear? I have a bunch of loose, wild batteries that need exterminating.

now THAT is what I call being in denial

Why live?

The only reason it kept getting "support" was because Brazil and Europe were too poor to get an actually good console like the Genesis

You don't need those games on PC when they are on the wonderful consoles they were built for

I havent smashed into a Sega Genesis in a long time. I am going to make a little play list coming up after I beat DQ 5 and 6.
Any game recommendations?
I got Sanics and Chakan The Forever man on my list so far. Phantasy Star and Shining Force are a mabye, cause I am not to big a of a fan of Rpgs. We will see.

If got a flashcart, the Genesis has a great port of Wolfenstein.

Panorama Cotton! It will blow your mind. Nintendo talked big game about their mode 7, but this game blew the shit out of all that hot air.

To be fair the NES was about the same.

Also Monster World IV.

Because the NES version was even worse and made by fucking Tengen

ah, these images need a proper CRT bleed. They just don't look right.

You mean Atari.

Crusader of Centy

Tengen was their shittiest division.

Every single day.

Wonder if that had much to do with the GameGear basically being a portable Master System, the architecture was still viable and developed for well into the release of the Genesis. Not to mention that I heard it was really popular in Europe, S. America, and Ausberger Land.

I don't remember there being too many cross-platform games or port of NES titles to the SMS. I do remember there being quite a few SMS games that got ported to the NES, though - and they looked and sounded like a cancer riddled - gangrenous asshole.

To be fair they sounded quite bad on the SMS already.

So, would Sega be the embodiment of a Holla Forums video game company?

What crashing with no survivors?

No, that would be Valve

Past its heyday, after a crash?
Sega, unlike Holla Forums, is having signs of recovery

I could play music on my Playstation and my Sega Saturn. What you smoking?

Almost had an MM2.

NOPE=

Come on lad, you are not even trying.

It's pretty bad though.

I don't think they could make anything these days that would be considered good.

the yakuza games are better than most, so you're wrong.

I never said it wasn't. Of course that 8 bit hardware couldn't handle it. Hell, even Super FZ on the Genesis had less on screen colors than the arcade game.

Sorry, I meant sytem.

Fair enough. I don't think they need to make a console however. Modern systems serve them well enough, and as nice it would be to have Sega still in the race I think their impact is still felt deep in the industry. Even down to your controllers. If you've used an Xbox controller, you've used a controller inspired by the sega saturn 3d control pad.

It's confusing though, there's like two ports for FZ for the NES and the Sunsoft version at least looks acceptable for an 8-bit conversion of a 16-bit game. I was just clarifying.

No

I know, but I still think Sega has some awesome titles and feels like the weird fucked up console.
Snes had a lot of polish and what not when it came to their main games, but Sega did some fucked up shit and didnt really have any rules when it came to games.

That is an awesome Snes list, just missing Zelda II.

(You)

super nintendo games didn't have a lot of polish, they were just very generic. Many of them feel very samey and it is not a benefit to the system's library. In many ways the games were aesthetically unpleasing.

woops wrong replypost

FUCK BERNIE STOLAR
FUCK SEGA OF JAPAN
FUCK PLAYSTATION
FUCK THE 32X

I think that covers it.

What game is in the screenshot?

Mega Man 2 for SMS.

Dude, the fucking TurboDuo could play music CDs, and it was the very first CD based console.

Fucking underage.

Yeah, definitely. Also the 3DO had a visualizer for audio CDs.

SEGA I know you're banking on Nintendo fucking up way hard but stop

Yeah, but Turbo Duo didn't have this sick fucking BIOS.

It did have Castlevania Rondo of Blood though, so I guess it evens out.

What the fuck happened to them during the last couple console generations? We got a bunch of games for PS2/Xbox/GC/GBA (that were probably supposed to have been DC games) and then they abandoned all of their classic IPs except for Sonic.

Where the fuck are my new NiGHTs, Shining Force and Ecco games? Whatever happened to Crazy Taxi? Is Shenmue 3 even still happening or did they give up on that too?

It also had DLC (all of it free IIRC). Its also the first console to have motion controls (equivalent of the Eye Toy, only came out in JP). Also the first console to have online-only games (again JP only). The DC was ahead of its time, too bad SEGA was already dead by the time it launched.

reminder that SEGA still produces (at least until 2014, dont know if they still do it in current year) Genesis/Megadrives in Brazil. Thats right folks
SEGA STILL DOES HARDWARE

Reminder that all pre 5th gen SEGA consoles are BC. The carts dont fit however the hardware is in there. If you use a Genesis everdrive and fill it up with Master System games, they will work natively. Same goes for Master System to SG-1000. Another neat thing is that depending on what Genesis model you have, it will have a different built-in game. All of them have Snake, one of them has Sonic 1. Cant remember the other ones. SEGA was truly based back then

See

SEGA is long gone. Its like your first love I guess, all we have is despair now.

Post weird SEGA addons, controllers or just plain old SEGA going batshit insane before they got all senile n shit. I swear to god the R&D department must have been a bunch of kids running loose.

What do you mean last couple? Sega ditched most of their IPs (or left them to rot) going from the Genesis to the Saturn. That's why when one team presented Streets of Rage 4 on the dreamcast no-one recognized it as an established series.

Internally they couldn't get their shit together to get Sonic on the Saturn, you'd think the entire company would have been behind that, but they were fine leaving US vs Japan relations flush that down the toilet.

Lack of a decent Shining Force game pains me to this day.

What can be done to MSGA?

Oh yeah, thanks for making a duplicate thread on 4cuck op you faggot.

I het you created that to smear OP's name.

Well it's not like Sega can't make good games though, playing Valkyria Chronicles and the Yakuza games on PS3 proved that to me. But all they focus is on Sonic, I never played Generations yet but I stopped caring about him when Lost World came out.

Those actually look pretty cool.

i do miss sega consoles, if only for the fact that they had some cool names for their systems
wii and wii u have no real meaning, playstation sounds like some fisher price shit and the numbering system is boring. vita and xbox are ok names, i guess

Gun Valkyrie, damn that was a sweet game. Hard to get into, but oh so rewarding. I'd love to get a PC port.

Nothing Wrong with Gameboy and Super Nintendo
Sony Ruined everything

I just want to have some good arcade games

I wish beggars would just go away

Every day.

Do you think SEGA would be bigger today if SEGA Japan weren't so fucktarded?

SoA and SoJ both made massive mistakes.

I think that has something to do with it being an xbox exclusive and licensing nightmare.

The Divers TV is the weirdest thing. Its a tv with a built in DC, it cones with the webcam thing. Hered they thing tho, they only made like 500 of those, but they expected people to have more than 1 per household since they can be connected and use it like a media-device of sorts. Really weird. Too bad it doesnt do VGA, plus the sides light up when playing games.

Sure but SOJ was the one that wore the pants in the relationship. If they wanted something done it got done. If SOA wanted something done/not done they had to beg and grovel.

Not necessarily a SEGA product but still interesting. Too bad they go for like £500 when you can find them. Its a portable Dreamcast made by chinese stealing fucks. Works perfectly from what Ive seen in videos by collectionists. Does need a power supply so its not really portable. Could be neat for train/car rides though (unless you get lucky on a plane and have a power supply)

SoA wanting to get something done in many cases was not wanting to release any games, at all. That's why the Saturn failed, while the machine was getting twice as many games in Japan SoA insisted that it needed 3D games, it needed less Japanese looking games. A retarded strategy that did not help the system in the slightest.

for the record, just look at the numbers of competing consoles. The PS1, the obvious winner which attracted the most developer support had over 2000 games released for it. The N64 had 400 games in total (300 in the US), and the Saturn? 600 games. There was a ton going on for it, but SoA refused to capitalize on anything that didn't fit their stupid requirements.

You cant thank Stolsr for that. If SOJ hadnt driven Kalinske away the Saturn wouldve done better in the US fo sure. I mean just the launch itself was proof of their incompetence. Practically no games for launch, those that were launched were either buggy or unfinished (hence them later getting better editions) and the launch was in summer instead of the fall when most people buy consoles. SOJ fucked the Saturn in the US.

You can thank Stolar*

driven him away how

No

How come, lads?

I was so hyped over getting a Dreamcast that I didn't know at the time just how badly Sega was doing with their console market.

I only felt the disappointment two years later when no games were released anymore for the Dreamcast. And then I got a PS2 and a Gamecube and left the DC to collect dust.

If I had a guess, it's a mix of being completely blindsided by the 3D leap and unable to adapt, a total fucking mess with internal organisation and politics, and busy desperately crapping out gimmicks trying to find a killer app, and also mismanaging what they DID have for fear of arbitrary audience prejudices.

Frankly, the Genesis may well have been a fluke.

The goyim screwed it all up.

When Kalinske signed for SEGA the presudent gave him free reign of SOA. The Megadrive became succesful in the Us but the japs fucked up on their side. No matter how much Kalinske tried to fix that SOJ simply ignored hin. Then SOJ started getting more and more demanding. Fucking with hame launch dates, forcing SOA to market a bunch of addons, essentialy spreading themselves thin. Kalinske attempts a combined 5th gen console with Sony. Gets turned down by SOJ. SOJ forces the 32X on SOA. Then forces the Saturn just a bit later (in summer) meaning SEGA had two competing consoles as the 32X was never marketed as an add-on but as a console itself. It burned customers and Kalinske had lost any semblance of self-determination and choice in SOA. He saw the prototypes of the Saturn, he knew Sony had something better and he simply quit. He jumped ship because all his work had been undermined. Fuck SOJ, SEGA was doing well despite them, not thanks to them.

Your entire story sounds false because the 32X was a SoA project.

Not according to interviews with Kalinske and his staff. The japs say the 32x was SOAs idea. SOA says it was the japs. Looking at both's track record Im more inclined to believe Kalinske.

reading up a bit, blaming either party entirely is wrong. SoJ/SoA lacked confidence in their upcoming saturn, SoA was directly involved in development and definitely had more invested in the platform than anyone else. It was ultimately a bad idea and didn't particularly serve anyone well. I'd say the blame is more 30:70, with the majority of it being on SoA who had previously bloomed with confidence over their products and successes.

So wait, Sony tried to collaborate with Nintendo AND Sega and only made their own console after being burned by both?

I don't think Sony and Sega ever worked on a project together.

Though it sounds like that never made it as far as Sony.

It'd make a degree of sense, if they got burned by Nintendo, go help SEGA since biggest competitor.

I miss having a Genesis. Never owned the others.

Except how the Saturn was handled in the US was mostly controlled by SOJ. How can you claim its SOAs fault when they can even have a say in the launch date?

[citation needed]

Hence the reason why games like Virtua Fighter and Daytona got improved versions later. The developers had in mind a October/November launch and then got told nah fuck that have that ready by summer.

please use archive.is/technology/2015/may/14/sega-saturn-how-one-decision-destroyed-playstations-greatest-rival

archive.is/SWGvZ

I wish Nintendo had gone bankrupt instead of Sega.

At least the Dreamcast went on a fire sale.

Nintendo jews are still selling the wiiU for full price.

Bankrupt in capable management, maybe

True I was obviously wrong. They just no longer make consoles, or a lot of games.

They know their distractions well.

Release the games that you held back to us foreigners and I'll learn to love you again, SEGA.

so microsoft has that website where users vote on what games they'd like xbone backwards compatibility for

Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram hasn't been approved for years despite having ~600 votes and games with fewer votes have gotten compatibility.

Virtual-On: Force didn't have as many votes, but its entry was removed completely.

Can I take this to mean a PC port of Oratorio Tangram might happen, but a PC port of Force won't?

Updated the Sega image. Bayonetta is removed since the game switched publishers to Nintendo since the sequel and it's always really been Platinum's game. Added Condemned, Comix Zone, and E-Swat

Yep, they started out as an American company in Hawaii. The name SEGA and the company isn't Japanese at all.

And being Jewish is probably why they named their consoles "Genesis" and "Saturn". Ironically, despite being their best console, the Saturn bombed. If you're Christian or any kind of anti-jew. do not give money to SEGA.

>atrueott.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/henry-makow-blockbuster-confessions-of-a-luciferian-jew-wow/

I'll give money to SEGA because i like their games and the Genesis and Sonic werr a big part of my childhood.

That was in the past but your call. I'll probably pick up Sonic Mania myself.

That's the burger name because someone already trademarked MEGA DRIVE in America. And is there anything Jewish about names like Master System, Game Gear, and Dreamcast?

Not denying they're Jewish as 3/4ths of their Hawaiian founders were kikes, with David (((Rosen))) staying on board until the mid 90s. I have a suspicion that Stollar was G-d's chosen as well

You're talking like japs are less heretic than the jews. Both japs and jews are materialistic pantheists.

The hardware was such a fuck up. Too much processing power, but not enough resource was put into the graphic processing. Technically, it's worse than Atari Jaguar and N64. It's Sega's worst console if anything.

Well, yeah.

Dreamcast was probably better but I think Saturn was super cool. Probably because I liked the Playstation so much.

This.

The software says otherwise

What about those names is kike-ish?

I believe it was Kenji Eno who named the Dreamcast.

Do you want to judge the console device OR the library?

Master system, a system enforced by the master, something something Babylon.

You always judge by its library you stupid nigger. Saturn had an amazing library despite its frankenstein hardware.

Hardware was solid. What tripped people up was having 2 main CPUs instead of 1.

Most devs today can't even pull multi-threading off right most of the time so imagine trying to do that in the mid 90's (ASM only, no abstraction either). Especially when the Playstation was so easy to program for.

That's a damn shame.

The japanese name of the genesis is "Mega Drive" and the master system "Sega Mark III", which i find just as good as the american versions.

Post old Sega commercials

Needs Gunstar Heroes/Guardian Heroes. Both were Sega published Treasure games, including the HD upgrade of Guardian Heroes and the GBA sequels.

I don't have a problem with them, but the constantly triggered by Holla Forums tend to be way more annoying and loud.

>>>/out/
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/cuckchan/

Please don't ruin the thread again.

TecToy is NOT SEGA, and those consoles are just emulators in a box, like the NES mini.

Fucking bullshit, SEGA puts more focus into fucking Miku than they do sonic, not counting SoA, which doesn't develop games anyways.. Most of the games they've released lately were either outsourced to other companies and fucking sonic fans of all things, or are just the Olympic games they have their sports division shit out every 2 years.

The ironic part is Sega of America was probably the least Jewish part of the two. They forced SoA to release the Saturn at a much, much higher price point than the PS1 and fucking fired the CEO of SoA when he dared to not make the same fucking mistake with the dreamcast.

The VDP1/2 combo was a beast and could pump out the best 2D graphics of all time, with up to five background layers and fluid beautiful sprites.

Sega, how can you stay in business when every Sonic release after [insert nostalgia here] has been a tremendous flop?

tfw legitimately want to know but can't phrase the question like a civil human bean

also superb scaling, rotation, physics, etc. When you start to learn how many of the systems more impressive 3D games, like Panzer Dragoon Zwei take advantage of the VDP1/2 you start to see how the system shines. That game would have been impossible on competing hardware.

Fairly enough, no one can because computers are just too powerful. Real consoles died long time ago when Sony turned them into shitty PCs with locked hardware.

They tried to, Sony wanted to collaborate with SEGA and SEGA refused.

Dreamcast had very powerful hardware, it was really ahead of its time, it was even better than PS2.

SEGA is relying on arcades, Miku and Sonic nowadays, but that user is right, Sonic is very important franchise for SEGA and Boom seriously damaged it to the point that it could easily die.

You really don't think that SEGA can't stop making Sonic games just because, right? If you didn't know, Sonic is still a thing because of children and you're forgetting about market size. SEGA is selling Sonic world wide and Miku has only Japanese market.

Just read an interview of that guy who is in charge of Sonic Twitter account, he mentioned it too.

Out of all the things out of SEGA, why just Sonic? There were other great characters that were memorable.

no

nepu

Nepu?

Gotta admit though, Pretendo not including the 64DD from the beginning, and their weak-ass RSP doing sound made no sense. They mess with disks for the NES, and the SNES, and they still don't include it by default in the 64? No wonder Sony owned that generation.

Sonic was just the one that managed to stick, even after all the bad games. They tried to reboot shit like Shinobi, Golden Axe, streets of rage, and hell fucking Altered beast too, and all of them didn't pan out, Shining force is now just ultra generic anime shit for the Japs only. Toe Jam & Earl they never liked, and it took the original

*and it took one of the original developers setting up a kickstarter just to get a reboot off the ground.

Yes, I do.

SEGA (oops, I mean (('SErvice GAmes) was never good

I don't miss the Sega systems as much as I miss the era in which they flourished.
Where the only thing that really mattered about a video game experience was how fun it could be. There didn't need all this heavy-handed failed art student "i'm making art!" bullshit.

We need a revival of the "radical" era of video games.

Luckilly, I think we're about to start into one.

kill me

huh my post must have went poof.
Either way, I don't really miss the SEGA systems as much as I miss the era in which they flourished.

I think gaming really needs a resurgence of its "radical" or "attitude" era. Where it was more about being flashy and fun.
I like to think, with some of the things i'm seeing, that people are starting to get sick of all the heavy handed "i'm making art!" bullshit that has been plaguing games for a while now.

huh my post must have went poof.
Either way, I don't really miss the SEGA systems as much as I miss the era in which they flourished.

I think gaming really needs a resurgence of its "radical" or "attitude" era. Where it was more about being flashy and fun.
I like to think, with some of the things i'm seeing, that people are starting to get sick of all the heavy handed "i'm making art!" bullshit that has been plaguing games for a while now.

Jesus fuck nigger get better internet and stop sperging out long enough for the post to fucking show up first

isnt that what all these gimmicks weve seen lately are about?
vr, motion controls, etc

Only slightly flashy and not fun

Except for the part where all the VR games are simulating work and motion controls don't ever fucking work.

HEY NIGGER YOU STILL DONT HAVE A SEGA CD

I already have a 32X

Sega CD is for your illegitimate kids.

Not yet…

I wanted to buy one back in '12 and I was about to. Ebay prices were 40~60 bucks back then.
Now every fucking system sells for like 100. FUCK.

Everyday. Every. Day.

Even Sega subliminally advertised it as a waste.

It's Thinking

Would you play your Tower of Power on the go?

Top Tier:
Dreamcast

High Tier:
Genesis + CD + 32X

Mid Tier:
Saturn

Low Tier:
Master System / GG

Shit Tier:
Post-Hardware Sega

This is hilarious because the SNES had way more games actually.

I'd love nothing more than to see Sega consoles make a comeback so Atlus can tell Nintendo to fuck off and make MegaTen great again.

Also hold up, this picture is from 1991 or so, when the SNES had been out for less than a year and the Genesis had been out since 1989

Sega also did some 3rd party wireless controllers for the PS2.

but megaten started on nes. only the persona games and smt 3 were sony exclusive

SMT on the sega cd> SMT on the snes

this post sent me on an hour long road of music throwbacks and bookmarks and memories

i love the internet

tell me when they make an english patch

Well no shit sherlock.

New hardware is kinda pointless nowadays.

I do like Sega games, though.

Will he return to save us again Holla Forums?

I know, but Nintendo's hardware has been increasingly disappointing, and I never want to see another FE idolshit game.

Vid related.

Tower of Power ain't SHIT.

he never left, user
look deep inside yourself

truly the embodiment of justice

user… he's been gone for nearly 20 years now.

stronger than saitama

prove me wrong

Earthworm Jim 1 and 2
Ristar
The Ooze
Toejam & Earl
Jurrasic park + Rampage edition
Crazy Bus
Mortal Kombat series
Shinobi
Streets of Rage series (the fan remake on PC is absolutely godly)

And whatever else I've forgotten to mention is probably on these lists

Those look pretty awesome actually.

Dynamite Headdy
E-Swat
Sub Terrania
Puyo Puyo
Buck Rogers Countdown to Doomsday
Outrun 2019
Batman and Robin
M1 Abrams
Jewel Master
Truxton
Valis
Valis 3
The Adventures of Batman and Robin
Revenge of Shinobi
Sword of Vermillion
The Immortal
Granada
Hellfire
Aladdin
Sol Deace
Toejam and Earl

Alisia Dragoon
Thunder Force IV/Lightening Force
M.U.S.H.A.
Rocket Knight Adventures
Contra - Hard Corps
Ranger-X

Japan only games (those have translation patches available)
Gley Lancer
Twinkle Tale
Battle Mania - Dai Gin Jou

My nigger.

You are also my nigger

I forgot to link to the translation patches:

mijet.eludevisibility.org/

Vector Man
Earthworm Jim
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
Golden Axe
Streets of Rage
Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic 3 with the Knuckles DLC expansion pack

It's just called Ghouls and Ghosts, not to be confused with that chuggy piece of shit on the SNES.

I recommend this:

info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3_Complete

Another good Sonic hack:

info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Classic_Heroes

the dream never dies
the dream never dies
the dream never dies

Sega >= nintendo > a heap of horse shit > Sony.

SEGA Mega Drive/genesis had awesome sound chip. Sadly so many devs didn't use it at it's full potential. I just bought this little gem just to listen the soundtrack on actual hardware

Yeah, if you play Super, play one of the ports that reduces slowdown, like on Saturn.

Here's another track showing what the chip can do.

after midis and soundchips stopped being a thing, game music generally does not seem to have as much heart put in to it.
compare warcraft 2 soundtrack to warcraft 3. 3 feels dead!

Yes, that's right, a company who continues to make unsuitable gaming machines and relying solely on namebrand alone is a good company, completely should be above Sony who continues to offer machines at a loss who make up the money by sale of software, and have the best exclusives for 4 generations now.

You're a fucking moron.

Anyone see they got Sonic Adventure's online functions restored?

Chu Chu Rocket online again when?
dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9347

(checked)
Indeed. There is something magical and rad about the soundchip and midi music.

Track 02 is insane on 60hz.

Fluid 2D graphics are SOOO 1991. Atari Jaguar tried the same thing and failed miserably due to the lack of devs interested in making good looking 2D games, since the PS1 was coming.

I'm amazed how games like Vectorman and Comix Zone managed to squeeze so much out of the systems limited GEMS sound engine.

The Atari Jaguar was a piece of garbage with a buggy cpu and small as fuck cartridges, nobody wanted that shit.

Stay triggered Sonygger.

Damn right, one of the best soundtracks in RTSes, easily up there with command and conquer games.

Strider

A-user, wouldn't you rather want to talk about Sega in my room instead?

Super Ghouls and Ghosts is an awesome game, but it suffers from lag.
The Gameboy Advance version is a great improvement

Fucking Chu Chu Rocket is back online now.

dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8423

The biggest issue with the Megadrive sound chip and is the case with the Yamaha FM chip is that it only did Sine waves. If the chip had Square, Triangle and Saw waves or even an additive sound wave the scope of music from the Megadrive would have been mind blowing. SNES cheated by basically being a ROMpler.

OK, Sega sort of has this thing going for them where they bowed out of the hardware race before capitalism could truly tear the heart out of the gaming industry, and as a Sega fanboy I can admit there is that, and that had they stuck around similar to Nintendo there would probably be more misses than hits. But despite that, it doesn't mean that Sony now is a good company. They are anti consumer like any multinational corporation, don't care about anything other than shareholder profits, and will do anything to get those profits. Sega is the same, just not on the same scale, and when they were still making consoles video games weren't just formulaic, paint by numbers, rehashes full of DLC.

If you want to judge Sega to Sony based on who is making more shareholder profit, then Sony is definitely better, even more so with Sega from the 80s-2001, but I don't judge my favourite games based on a the race to the bottom. Sega has sold games based on hype and marketing, yes, but it's not entirely nostalgia goggles to argue that the hype in 2016 has replaced the gameplay as a leading way to sell a game. Blast processing has nothing on shit like Haze, or Driv3r, and it's constantly getting worse with hype for stuff like No Man's Sky. Sega were a hardware snapshot when the industry was still good, and while they are a shitty corporation they are still better than Sony simply because they don't make as many shit mistakes as Sony does now they are out of the hardware race.

Seems like they're bringing back one dreamcast game per month, First toy racer, then chu chu, the next tetris: On-line edition, and now a fucking unreleased bowling game

and sonic adventure too, it seems, theyre really hauling ass.

That seems like a huge risk nowadays when they're dead in the west and Japan is getting suckered in to mobileshit

how couldnt you miss the former glory of a company that called a console satan?
it hurts

When's Bomberman Online getting back online?

Who knows, so far the next dreamcast games scheduled to come back online is Baseball 2k2, Some worms game, and alien front online.

the best sounding games didn't use GEMS.

Straight from the horses mouth:
>Full “SNAP” server emulation [This is the server games like Bomberman Online ran on] (Status: Now in the forseeable future.)
dcserv.org/?page_id=12