THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

>"story" is apparently to just shoot the fuck out of everything on the screen

nintendo had one job

I guess to be devils advocate if they tried to mess with the lore in anyway we would hate them even more.
But I guess it's a "too late to go back now" situation

Tanebe has been working on the prime games primarily and wanted the opportunity to do an "inbetween" game featuring the GF and a setup for another prime game (of which he's been fighting with Nintendo higher ups to get into motion).

From reading between the lines, it looks like he was assigned to Blast Ball and was forced to work on it, but got permission to turn it into metroid "so long as it didn't involve replacing any of the models or rebuilding the game from the ground up". On the backslide, he also couldn't say "it started as another game", hence the backpedaling and talking about this shit style despite Hunters existing.

Man, Metroid Prime Hunters would have been a really fucking good game if the bosses weren't so shit and copy&pasted every planet.

The only message I get from this is "fans make better games than us so we are shutting them down"

Breaking news.

It bothers me a bit that they're getting away with selling nintendo 64 quality games in 2016.

that's the part where he should have said that changing it to metroid would be a bad idea.

Why does every single dev with the "brilliant" idea to slap a brand name onto any generic schlock game gets the thumbs up every single time but something like SMT x FE just gets thrown to the wayside.

Nice trailer! I'm really glad they're still making games for the Atari 2600.

I wish they were putting in the level of effort their N64 games recieved.

I'm okay with them C&Ding it now that it's out, glad it got out in the wild before they noticed it

RIP battlefront 3

t. star wars fan

Was there a C&D issued on top of the DMCA, or are people getting the two confused? I heard about the DMCA notice, I didn't hear about a C&D though.

How repulsive.

waste of trips. you must be completely retarded.

I've seen PSP games with hetter graphics.

while I get your logic, it'd have been better if they didn't c&d it at all

Fan projects get D&Ced. Just be glad they managed to get it out the door first.

But C&Ds mean shit, they can just keep working on it and not disclose any information until it's finished. Once it's out there nobody can do shit.

Not as retarded as SW lorefags and fans that Disney and Lucas have shitted on multiple times and get off to it.

and then
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. In any case, this multiplayer-centric shit, like Triforce Heroes, doesn't mean shit for me since I've got no friends with 3DSs. :(

Why does Nintendo hate Metroid so much?

This wouldn't be half bad if the characters didn't look like fucking lego figures.

Also, why does this look like a psone game?

Because statistics say that games with male protagonist sell more.

they couldn't even put the effort to make it look like hunters
make sure to buy the amiibos and DLC though;)

They're taking the nuGhostbusters route.

Piss off a group of people, then ask everyone to give you sheckles to protect from them.

Wait, Metrod is a gril?

Best meme

HOW
O
W

Spoken like someone who has no idea why people hate Other M. I'm not taking this bait.

Why doesn't Nintendo just buy AM2R and sell it? I've played every Metroid game (Except for Prime 2 and 3) and this is the only other Metroid game I thought was on-par with Super. Seriously, it's pretty good deal if you ask me since they didn't have to do any work except maybe offer the people involved $1000 each? Pretty fucking retarded if you ask me.

Because Nintendo doesn't care about the franchise to the point where they have to stop everyone from doing anything with.

It shares the same engine as Hunters, this was actually being developed as a side title for the DSi.

i thought the last iteration of the pillar boss was neat

It's what's coming out of Sega, too.

I feel Breath of the Wild will be the last genuinely good game we'll see from Nintendo in at least 10 years. They're becoming worse than EA very quickly.
At least EA gives their shit away on Origin.

PS1 games have textures.

I guarantee you the new Zelda will be horseshit.

Nintendo knows they're screwed, and they're panicking hard. They know less and less people want to buy their games on their locked down hardware.

The "style" honestly looks weird, it looks more like a better Sega 32x game than a PSP, PS1, or even N63 game.

Its fucking ugly considering there were even better looking DS games like Okamiden or even fucking Prime Hunters almost 10 years ago

And this is a bad thing how?

I think many people would not have been pissed if Nintendo stopped it when it first went public in 2008, but they didn't.

They're incredibly biased too. Zelda Classic has stayed online for years, yet no DMCA or C&D. There's tons of Fangame with Mario they don't care about either, but dear god should you do anything with Metroid, and series they've let rot watch out! Metroid Classic was C&D before a demo even got out the door.

So in short, fuck (((Nintendo))).

nor are they doing anything about the thousands of Pokemon Go ripoffs.

Reading NX "leaks" where it talked about setting up a service for fan games to be monetized pissed me off, it reminded me of the same kind of shit Valve tried to pull with paid mods, taking advantage of your fans' altruism for shekel jewing. They'd take everything down they couldn't put a price on.

What Pokemon Go ripoffs?

Didn't Metroid Other M basically conflict with every single Metroid game in the series?

>have only shut done one fan project out of the many that exist
I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from.

It mainly messed with Samus's character and fucked around with her relationship with Adam. The biggest thing that always confused me was that it felt sorta like Fusion:Gaiden.

In Other M, which takes place before Fusion, Samus finds out that the GF is trying to make Metroids. Adam detatches the that part of the Bottle Ship and blows it up with him inside of it. Samus feels conflicted about the GF afterwards.
In Fusion, she finds the exact same thing on the BSL station and for some reason is still surprised.
In both games, they manage to re-create Metriods from a sample of the Baby Metroid's remains, in Other M, it's from the goop on her suit, in Fusion, it's from the same samples they used to make the vaccine.

Yes.

You figure they would do something about Zelda Classic considering the base game is a complete version of Zelda 1.

It's things like the Space Pirates being mindless drones without a leader (contradics Zero Mission, Prime series), or Samus being surprised by the existence of a Metroid cloning/breeding program (makes Samus look like an idiot in Fusion retroactively), or unfreezable Metroids being some terrible threat not even Samus can deal with (Samus personally wiped out dozens of such Metroids in Metroid 2).

It even contradicts the tie-in manga for Zero Mission, though arguably that's just painting with broad strokes. Though it did strike me as funny that the Prime series put so much attention on the Chozo, and the manga in question actually gave names to the two most responsible for taking care of her, while Other M declared Adam to be Samus's father figure without even a single mention of the Chozo at all.

(checked)
Just imagine, they could have given us something more similar to Prime Hunters 3DS with improved multiplayer instead. Poor Tanabe.

Why is anyone surprised about this?

This is what happens when you hype up a fan game to the point everyone on youtube is doing videos about it and every fan site is doing articles on it. Honestly were lucky we got the full release and THEN it got C&Ded.

There was a good portion of people who wanted a Federation spinoff about being galactic problem solvers. Metroid fans are just shit and love pretending to be victims.

Prime Hunters looked like complete shit though.

Prime's art style does not work on a smaller scale.

We wanted GF Space Marines being woefully outgunned and struggling to defeat pirates Samus drops in seconds, not Generic Soccer Game IN SPACE.

Good thing the soccer minigame can be completely ignored in favor of-
the story mode.

After the lukewarm reaction to Corruption, I highly doubt that portion was good.
It was how the game was first presented at E3, so no.

This is the new ACFag I'm assuming? No one is this willfully ignorant.

Ignore the highlighted bullshit, it's some tard trying to underline shit (and getting half of it wrong).

From what I've gathered in the interviews, he has PLENTY of ideas to continue the prime games before the story of Metroid 2 happens, but Nintendo isn't sparing him the budget.

He was most likely assigned to other games in the meantime, such as small time E-shop games.

He probably heavily has metroid on the mind and this was the best he could make.

hell, maybe he's in a win-win situation.

That sounds like completely fucking up the premise, including parts that were tied into basic gameplay mechanics of the rest of the series rather than just lore. I hate the fact that I've heard people defend that shit.

Bravo Nintendo

Is the ds game even good?

From what I've seen of the story mode, they don't seem outgunned at all and don't seem to struggle. With the cute art style, I doubt it could possibly capture the feelings of dread and weakness that I would like to have seen.
You know the pirate logs in the Prime series, when they begin to realize "The Hunter" is there and they have no hope of survival? Think of how it is for them to fight something they know can kill them in an instant and has weapons beyond their ability to even begin to understand. Or, think of those moments in Fusion when you encounter the SA-X and know you're absolutely fucked. That's how I want a GF-centered game to feel, when you fight a boss. The difference being, you somehow manage to not die and maybe even kill it, too.

The multiplayer was fun at least, that is intil it got flooded with hackers.

singleplayer? its alright but not worth playing. multiplayer? was fucking great. I killed 3 DS lites due to my L and R buttons going broke from playing so much. just had to learn to strife,

Mission 17 of FF has you blowing up a Space Pirate Metroid facility.

You can steal Metroid eggs, possibly setting up how the Galactic Federation got their hands on them.

Honestly it's not that cutesy, there is no googly eyes or high pitched moe voices. It's just chibified so they could fit more on the screen. Hell, literally all the complaints I've seen have been levied at the art style or just blatantly ignored that the game actually offers something people have been wanting but they hate it because "MUH REALISM!". People like you honestly sound like the whiney faggots that complained about Wind Waker's cartoon art style.

This is like complaining about Donte's hair, except you people are ACTUALLY complaining about Donte's hair.

But WW was shit.

No it doesn't. Next bait.

How the fuck?

SURE IS CUCKCHAN & REDDIT UP IN HERE

Hello freech.

Hello reddit.

No they aren't. Stop trying to spread this lie around.

At least jump and say Monkey Claws and don't blatantly deny reality. It only makes you look retarded.

Nice grammar, by the way.

I take it the hunters pictures are from emulator

They actually are. You can blame disney for that

Disney is run by schizophrenic kikes.

I'm not talking about the rendering resolution. I'm talking about everything else.

Yes they are. It's their IP. They can take it down. It's selfish, its stupid, greedy and retarded, but it's how shit works and nothings gonna change that.

See, the lack of ammunition

Which is why SEGA has shut down all those fan games, right? And Capcom shut down all those fan made Mega Man games. And Super Mario Bros. X got shut down. Don't forget the enormous Touhou fangame scene that doesn't exist.

There's a difference between "can" and "has to".

I'm sure if their sales were hurt that'd change fast, company-cocksucker-kun.

Kikes would love you to beLIEve otherwise.

The entire crux of the problem with fed farce is that nobody expected or wanted it. Pretending there was a demand for it is rigorously incorrect and directly contradicts the very existence of this thread.
Besides, there was a reason why Prime 3 was considered the weakest. Can you guess what that reason is ?

Look up the word obligation in a dictionary.

And again, lets not forget the numerous fan games and remakes that exist for other Nintendo franchises, the modding scenes, but the moment they do something on Metroid, they go full on SHUT IT DOWN mode.

Chances are its because it was released so close to the release of a new title, which WOULD end up hurting it's sales, so they took it down in defense. Now you see something like Project M which was made long after Brawl's release and long before Smash 4's release, sales aren't hurt.
It all comes down to business, they don't give a fuck about the fans.

People wouldn't have been as pissed if this was announced alongside a real Metroid game.

The resolution is not the issue here.

WW's art style was the best part of that game, and I wish more of the modern Zelda games used it. But, Zelda has never been a super serious game, and it has always had a vastly different atmosphere to Metroid.

I think that the core of the issue is that I want a Metroid game that feels more like Alien, while FF looks like it's moving away from that feeling. I usually don't care much about graphical quality or art style, as long as they look decent at least; and I have very low standards for what I consider "decent". I don't care about "muh realism", I find devs that focus on it almost always make unfun games with terrible gameplay, though I can see why you'd think that's my issue with it. Artstyle is extremely important to a game's atmosphere, and that has almost always been one of my favorite things in any game in this series. FF's artstyle does not conduct itself well to the sort of atmosphere I was hoping a GF-focused game would have. It does not look like it will have all the things I love about Metroid, so it leaves me bitter and resentful.
I can only hope that the gameplay is fun, and maybe the plot is good, but considering that the focus seems to be on the shitty ballgame and the plot of the most recent game in the series, I have doubts about either one being acceptable.

The only things I don't like about this game are the fact that it isn't Metroid Prime 4 or Metroid 5 and the mechs which make zero sense, did the Galactic federation discover an alternate galaxy where everything is significantly bigger?

I'm gonna wait for reviews and if reviews are good I'm probably going to buy this and then I will tell you if it's anywhere as bad as you guys think it is.

Holy shit retard, it's okay when Sega does it, no we actually are a Sega board around here, and it's not because they dropped out of the console market a while ago, they would have stayed strong and the saviour of video games.

Who let the cucks out?

What the hell are you on about? I mentioned several game developers, not just SEGA.

At the same time though, a golden opportunity is missed. They really could pull a Sega and go to die hard fans and say "Hey thats great, is okay if we have you make our next game and port M2's remake to our consoles?"

If a company doesn't DMCA or C&D certain projects they can come back and bite them in the ass to a massive degree. The fact that it only got a DMCA AFTER it got released is probably intentional as well.

Metroid never felt like alien. The series in general has been very action packed with the survivor horror elements on the lower end.

Aside from that, this is a spinoff about the military within the universe. You want an more "true" metroid then complain about not getting a proper sequel in ages.

Sega Dindu nuthin, you shouldn't mention the dream team.

this shit looks uglier than Hunters.
How is this even a 3DS game.
It doesn't even look like a DS game.

Hunters. Argument invalid

As in Donte's hair was what media claimed was being complained about and not the tone or difficulty of DmC?

fuck off

So basically it was just a way for letting a few fans to download it before shutting down the project instead of killing it before launch?

Its probably a dude trying to get a rise from you given that he cant respond in a coherent fashion, just ignore it

Got anything to back that up?

They all have some obvious parallels to the Alien franchise, even if they usually didn't "feel" much like it. Fusion had a similar feeling to Alien, in my opinion, but it's an outlier and even then, it was secondary to the action. I always hoped that a GF spin off would be the series chance to really feel like that, and that it would move in that direction. Like I said before, FF went in the opposite direction that I had expected a spin off like it would, and that left me bitter.

Well, I do want that too, but that's not what I'm complaining about now. I've complained about that enough over the past decade+, and I've accepted that it isn't going to happen.

I can't tell if you're actually retarded or intentionally missing the argument.

On what fucking universe? All Metroidfags ever wanted was more decent mainline games and Metroid Dread

This one. I can't help it if you're blind to the fanbase, but I expect that from a metroid fag on here. I've never met such a blind and needy group so ready to scream at how much they're being abused.

Are you retarded or is this some advanced ruse?

Dat projection.

I just wanted to backtrack and kill aliens, nintendo
why do you keep doing this?

I guess Nintendo wants the Halo audience?

Dumb question. In AM2R, are you supposed to escape the Geothermal Plant?

Why does it let you survive if you don't?

Did you get blown up at the gates near the exit?

Looks like this game is equal to this movie tie in game for the old ds. Clearly its just a cash in.

Current sega of japan is pretty based.
It's sega of america who are still fuckheads who have no idea what they are doing.

The timer isn't exactly real. The bar will rapidly fill up to a certain point every time you enter a room. It will fill slowly if you take too long in a room, but you have to be really slow. You can't get to the gates without it filling up completely, so getting caught in the explosion and surviving is scripted in.

Because you can't criticize shit graphics if it's going for a cartoony style, right? It's all a ploy to deflect criticism with "Well, it's a stylized game!"

They don't even own Nintendo Power Anymore

Let me guess, Post Walt

Waggle

What game is this?

I've literally never seen what you just said
Metroid fans just wanted a new game
If I'm wrong them I'm wrong but I need proof

Sonic Mania? AM2R isn't even as good as Zero Mission though, and the thing with Mania/Christian Whitehead is that Whitehead developed a new engine for Sonic from scratch which was used to power ports of Sonic CD for PC and 1/2 for mobile, AM2R is made in gamemaker studio, I doubt Nintendo would care even if they were smart enough to treat their fans and fan projects better.

Then you're indeed blind, no one wanted this fucking piece of shit that is federation force, but people really wanted something akin to ODST, where you are just a elite GF soldier doing shit while the hunters wreak havoc somewhere else.

If fed force wasn't fucking light hearted chibi style and multiplayer focused, i don't think the game would've garnered as much hate as it did.

i myself am through with Nintendo, if that is how they going to threat my favorite series, then i will waste my money on other companies that do a better job.

After the fallout that was Other M the fanbase overall was pretty split on either A Metroid 5/Fusion Sequel or a Prime 4 from my experience.

Yes, a myriad of other ideas were floating around, like a game based on GF mooks, but mostly people wanted another mainline adventure to make Metroid great again. People were really getting tired of prequels and wanted a conclusion to Fusion.

Federation Force was just poor timing and looked like it was deaf to what happened after Other M. It doesn't help that Nintendo completely went radio silent (and still are) after Other M and left everyone hanging.

I'm just pissed because I'm forced to play this metroid on a tiny ass screen without even having two analogs
I tried blastball and it plays like absolute shit, can't imagine how bad the single player will be

FPS on Handheld is really retarded.

I hated Hunters largely for this reason.

This is only applicable to trademark, not copyright you goddamn retard. When will people stop saying this in every thread?

They have something fun and barely ventured and toss it in favor of garbage?

Except it is. Most lawsuits run on prior decisions. Being able to say "But you didn't DMCA this thing that was in the exact same situation!"

Go back to your shitty todd thread.

It's crazy how a decade ago Nintendo was going all out with Metroid releases (really promoting it as a hardcore franchise) and now is basically non-existent.

I definitely remember during the GCN 2004/2005-ish era (with Metroid was getting many games) seeing a fan made GCN cover for an idea about the GF troopers (with a copy paste GF trooper render from MP2:E). At the time no one was against the idea of game like that.

When the DS was announced (E3 2004), Metroid Prime Hunters was seen as a pretty incredible tech demo showing that you could make a FPS style game work on the DS from the get go. Then later revealing they were bundling a demo with launch NDS's seemed to show that Nintendo was confident about a hardcore experience on the new hardware. Then unexpectedly it's release was pushed from late 2005 to early 2006 just so NST could make the game's multiplayer work online (instead of being local only). (Also flying segments where you would control Samus's spaceship were cut due to pacing issues)

In early 2005 when Metroid Prime Pinball was announced, the only concern about it was that it was being made by the team that made Mario Pinball Land (GBA) and since that game got mixed reviews about it's gameplay (but praised for it's graphics) it was thought it might suck like that. Thankfully they learnt from their mistakes from that and made a better pinball game.

Then in late 2005, the Wii Remote was revealed and one of the tech demos was Metroid Prime 2 being played with the new controller as a early demonstration of what MP3/FPS would play like on the new hardware. In the month leading up to MP3:C's release they gave the game it's own Wii preview channel with exclusive trailers containing original content like the video above. (Nintendo was criticized for not promoting MP3 enough before release and then the channel dropped later that week for everyone to download coincidentally enough).

If Federation Force came out years ago (when the franchise was alive) it would not be receieving this large amount of flak it get now. Bizarrely enough maybe we should be blaming the Retro Studios DKC games for being to much of a sales success for the lack of new Metroid games.

Found the MPAA shill.

Copyright isn't lost except by it entering the public domain or selling it to another party. The only way what you described would happen is by the statue of limitations coming into effect, which is 10 years, and would only apply to that person/entity, not other ones.

That's exactly how it works.

Never said it was.

Killzone on the Vita was a blast.

That and Resistance Retribution on PSP.

It isnt stylized despite them claiming it is, it just looks bad. Like RE Revelations and Snake Eater got ports when the 3DS wasnt even a year old and those blow practically any Nintendo made game out of the water visually. Also it doesnt make sense, is everything fuckhuge in the world considering tiny people are piloting mechs or what?

The web is too vast for a company to be able to DMCA absolutely everything that infringes on their copyrights.
They can choose to take down a 15 year old flash game even if they just found out about it now.

I still can't believe how ridiculously beautiful Mercenary was.

C&D also stands for "Cease and Desist":

AM2R HAS THE DEEPEST LORE

I can't even be angry any more.
Between Nintendo and these brain dead shills I think I've given up caring about the fate of any existing game series.

He's probably the same guy who goes onto FF youtube vids and keeps trying to falseflag that "no one wants a game about samus" and "they want them to be first person shooting fests like metroid prime"

Naturally, anyone with a brain ignored him and moves on.

this trailer is so fucking good

So where can I get AM2R? Is there a download still up? A torrent somewhere?

This is what pisses me off the most.

I can understand it's a game about the GF and shit, but because of the mechs, which look to be 15 feet tall, not only is EVERYTHING huge, but 15 foot tall pirates were in prime 1 and 3 and were a plot point of the Phazon (of which Tanebe went on record to say Phazon/Dark samus storyline is OVER and DONE), and that only a small portion of pirates survived to be the 15 foot tall conversion process due to the insanely high mortality rate.

Even when Dark Samus was in charge, there were only ever a couple of them.

But in this game? Jesus, there are PLATOONS of these fuckers AND no phazon?

The blatant disregard for LORE and the constant bright colors are the two things pissing me off about this game.

that's the spirit

Im hyped!
Where is the best place to preorder?

kill yourself

Yes, yes it is.
The only hope for gaming are for disenfranchised enthusiasts to make their own titles. And that means forgoing fan games for new IPs.

I will be having fun instead, user.

No you won't

This has to be intentional, they want to kill Metroid.

Nigga, Metroid is like Super Mario.
No one cares about the Lore and the Lore is shit anyway.

Nothing of value was lost.

Except Super Mario has a great lore

This tbh

prime trilogy scan logs are many, players always want to know more about things in the Metroid universe, do not act like this is contradiction in wants and previous supplies

Watching that trailer just made me realise how much I miss Metroid Prime

I still have no idea what the fuck they are playing at. It surely wouldn't be that hard to recomission whatever studio to pump out another mainline game, right?
Oh wait, they did that and we got Other M. Be careful what you wish for I guess

To infinity and beyond!

I hope there's a hiccup and it ends up being great.

Other M wasn't Retro studios. However, I don't know if Retro could pull off another Prime anyway. There were rumors that they lost a lot of people after MP3, and they have only been able to put out 2 (excellent) Donkey Kong games in all that time. A Prime game with modern assets might be too large of a project.