Whatever happened to Eternal Crusade?

Last I heard they were trying to be 40k Planetside 2 but fucking up badly, anyone able to give me the skinny on what is happening?

It's a huge clusterfuck and keeps going. But maybe, just maybe if they do properly big maps it would be a fun arena game.
This is what I keep hoping but most players confirm huge lag and terrible optimization.

I played it for about 2 hours a couple months ago, had fun, but it got boring pretty quick. I tried it again after the eldar came out and it ran at 15 fps. what the fuck happened?

From what I hear they can't optimize for shit and most new updates break something.
The huge benefit from playing an *alpha*.

That should be telling enough.

They just had to make 40k planetside. Literally, point by point a literal ripoff. Not it's some sort of 60 bucks warframe with spess murens

That should showcase how seriously they are taking the project

The unfortunate truth is that if you're interested in the game, you have no reason to even look at it until late 2017, but that implies the game isn't actually going to just die.

It's like Evolve, except nobody knows it exists.

Just like literally every other online Warhammer game ever conceived. When will they stop repeating the same mistakes?

At this point, they'd benefit from adding legions of AI-controlled guardsmen/cultists/guardians/gretchin to matches, because it'd give people something to shoot at when they continuously load into empty games.

Guess it wasn't Eternal after all.

Basically they took the action MMORPG everyone wanted and decided "what if it was space marines multiplayer mode instead". Then somehow failed to deliver a copy of an already existing game.

How do you Fuck this up?

You literally make an average shooter, make it bloody as hell, add in a bunch of factions, which in all honesty should be a few redesigned guns, slightly different particle effects (half of the regular ork guns can just be bolters with teef added on, or just bugger ugly guns with louder dirtier sounding gunfire), and make it as big as you reasonably can, and just paint everything 40k, and you're fucking set.

THIS IS NOT FUCKING HARD. The only thing that tops this is the God damned Titan game where you are fucking up gargants, wraith lords and smashing everything smaller than you like ants, and made it A MOBILE GAME.

STOP FUCKING UP WITH 40K GAMES.

I remember shitting on them when they voted for founder packs with limited edition jpg files.
We were 2-3 guys shitting on em and the shills still spammed over us with gigantic posts and bizzare explanations about how good a decision that was.

After a few times of arguing I quit bothering.
That forum is absolute garbage, only worth making fun of.
I see an oldfag complaining about broken hitboxes and people are laughing at him because he complains about a test server.
If those same morons are giving the feedback then this thing will be in alpha forever.

When did 40k fanbase get so cancerous?

Ask anyone in any other tabletop community and they will say THE FUCKING NINETIES.
They have always been one of if not the worst tabletop community.

Official forums.
They suck at everything but being filled with drones.

I think it's less the 40K fanbase and more that it's the offical forums. Those are always full of mindless drones and some people are so desperate for another good 40K game already that they are able to blind themselves more easily.

You know what, I never paid too much attention to Eternal Crusade, but when I just googled what games Behavior have actually made Which I probably have done earlier, who the fuck actually thought this was going to turn out anything other than complete disaster when the last game they made was SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge? Holy shit, and why are they trying to take credit for games other studios have made?

The chief marketer at that time said:
*they are good because they can keep a release promise*

Wo and behold 2-3 years later that turned out to be a lie.

and he mentioned that they were great with being on schedule too

That was the entire thing he could make up.

Yes, hello, your attention, please. I have penetrated the depths of the Black Library and brought back hidden knowledge, for your pleasure. Allow me to awe you.

Warhammer: Dark Millenium.

>Dark Millennium dies Rest in fucking peace THQ you were the gates keeping the cancer at bay
There you have it.

>watch alpha gameplay of it on Bruva Alfabusa yt channel

and that's all that's to it

Looks like it was a WoW clone that died thankfully with THQ? Wouldn't that have been worse than Cuckedsade?

We don't entirely know. Barely anything was released about it and we never got raw gameplay footage, but it was supposed to be a non-hotkey+tab target MMO, most probably a TPS going by the interview with Danny Bilson on the combat system being 'fast and exciting' and the bits on the wiki about cover & flanking mechanics. Some non-weapon based special abilities, obviously. Would've likely been a pastiche of WAR realm combat, Space Marine shooting & melee, a teensy bit of theme park filler to get you from area to area & some big instances to pick apart, and Eternal War's bunk promises of scale made real. That's assuming it made it to full MMO release. Otherwise, the revised Inquisitor product sounds like it would've been a co-op TPS-RPG with a great deal more PvE focus, and maybe a PvP mode of some sort. The latter was very close to being releaseworthy when it was scrapped, because THQ didn't want to put any more money into what they viewed as a loss already rather than trying to get what they could out of it.

Note:
The game has a planned "FREE TO WAAGH" system where you can play as ork freebootah. Sounds simple enough.
There's no date set up for this but the Ork faction is about to be launched this week(according to devs anyways, It looks pretty complete form their stream so lets hope they don't fuck that up) and Free2Waagh should follow soon according to this poster.

I will be able play as a ork loota for free. What else can I ask for

Anyone knows if they will add anything resembling IG/Stormtroppers on any part of the game?

they've already butchered what little factions they have, why would you want them to rape another?

Because I really want a shooter where I can gravchute drop with a hellgun and kill demons

marine vs. ork in 1 on1.
You already fucked up

How would that even work? Even playing as a Stormtrooper there is little if anything the guard have that could take any of those units 1vs1?

you're thinking lore there, this is a video game where it's down to player skill

Okay user, you just popped a dream 40k game into my head.

By sounds of things they'd fuck both lore and the game up?

What he said, it's already botchered and dumbed down to make it a balanced game, why not make the IG faction the super karskin elite with top notch hellguns, plasma guns etc

they already have with chaos

people would want to be all sorts of things in IG since IG is made up of lots of really different and interesting stuff but they'd also want to be able to 1v1 a space marine with nothing but their shitty las rifle

Fuck user, you pretty much described a game everyone wants whether or not they are interested in 40k or not.

The point is to make a IG space marine, no lasguns. Which sucks, actually.
They should just make / or a xcom ripoff with IG

you really want this dev to make another game?

If you really want to realize how much """work""" has been done on that game you take the old videos of the prototype from 3 (4?) years ago, showcasing the combat part as a proof of concept (and was basically just a mod on Space Marine MP to allow vehicles and just SM & CSM fighting each other) for what was supposed to be a MMO.

It's the EXACT same thing, including maps, that you have today. Except with high rez texture and effects instead of low rez/placeholders.

The EXACT same thing than the prototype from years ago. That was in pre-alpha/alpha/beta for years…

Then they modified combat… to make it worse!!!

Then they added classes the casters/sorcerers… which are dogshit!

Then they added Eldar, and definitely broke the game for most people (as in physically, the new models, that they couldn't loot from Space Marine and had to make from scratch, are obviously buggy as hell and cause lag/crashes, but they're not smart enough to figure out what's doing that).

I really want this dev to actually make one game :^)

There really, really aren't gonna be Imperial Guard troopers.
The question is, are they going to add Tau to the game due to requests, or will they admit that they can't due to the fact they're on the other side of the galaxy?

You kidding user? Tau would be a quick cashgrab.

Fuck I didn't know I wanted that

Nah, it was because when the game was announced they hired an entirely new team that were MMO vets and all had their own Warhammer armies that they brought to showcase to show off how much they gave a fuck.

Turns out, like I will go on to explain below, most visible 40k fans that actually play the tabletop are actually complete cunts. And that the whole 'MMO vets' thing wasn't an exaggeration, but worse, they were Ex-FunCom staffers that worked on Age of Conan.

Stop with the shitty 'The 90's were bad because a bunch of butthurt Gen-Xers told us so' meme. We're better than that.
40k's fanbase never been an exactly nice place, but that can be said for basically any non-TCG traditional game. The thing is, 40k's fanbase has a shit ton of overlap with almost all tabletop wargame fanbases because it and Fantasy so dominate the scene. All that said, the cancer is relatively recent, it's a bit over half a decade old. As far as I've been able to tell, it started around the same time that GW got Matt Ward on board and started the non-stop Space Marine propagandizing, where they had so many armies released so fast that the whole competitive scene quickly became entirely about the space marine metagame. Not to say that Space Marines as a faction weren't pushed insanely before but this is like John Cena vs Roman Reigns in terms of fan dissonance, or, to use Holla Forums terms, it's like having a game series that suddenly ruins its own fanbase by releasing a barrage of titles with the express purpose of getting the E-sport community. Think Halo 3 to Halo 4 in terms of fan paradigm shifts.

Basically, around 2009-10, 40k's fanbase was suddenly flooded with a bunch of easily impressed kids that all started playing Space Marines BECAUSE THEY'RE THE HEROES! ULTRAMARINES BEST EVER! and they stuck around for long enough to change the state of the game's meta simply because the codexes coming out for the Space Marine armies at the time blew everything prior to them out of the water in terms of power. It created this vicious cycle where the game's design team basically had to keep one-upping each other endlessly with each new army update. On the player level, this meant if your army didn't get a bunch of special snowflake overpowered characters, wargear, and abilities that weren't there before, you were functionally non-competitive (see: 6th Edition Orks). There's a lot more to it, especially with the recent bumrush of shit like Strength-D and knight-titans, but that's basically the gist of it - it was a toxic metagame created by deliberately accelerated powercreep where only people that had absolutely no sportsmanship and/or tons of money thrived.

Now, couple element of that toxic (pardon the tumblr buzzword, but it fits) metagame producing overcompetative douchebags and with:

What does this mess look like to you when you toss it all together?

40k's fanbase, at least as far as the IP's vidyas is concerned. is hardly a fanbase at this point. It's mostly a soup of lore-illiterate fuckwads and hipsters that think they can get cool points for pretending they're into something that's not mainstream but old as dirt.