Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MHG DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI you can download and install the US version directly from Nintendo's Eshop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/uFbVu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait until you do the quest where you need to hunt the little shark fuckers for 5 of their 20% drop items and hit the time limit with only 2 of them.

I'm all atwitter.

Does status crit and status atk up work with slime?
Thinking about making the dreadqueen rathian set and level up my brachadios sns

I might be talking out of my ass, but as far as I know only status crit works. And bombardier.

I never played any of the mh games. Is the first mh for the ps2 worth playing/emulating?

Even if you don't play the whole thing, it's worth at least trying the original out to see just how far the series has come. The first you should seriously play IMO is 2G on the PSP.

This user is right, Status Crit and Bombardier are what you want. Crit Eye helps too.

Are you sure status crit works? I've searched around a bit and in 4u slime was explicitly stated to work with status crit, however in generations it only states the other 3 statuses, at least on kiranico.com.

Not sure if that site is 100% accurate though

if you use hunting horns to attack the monster's head i'm going to slice out your intestines and hang you with them

Heads are for hammerbros ONLY. If you can do cutting damage, you should stay away from the head too.

You're not the one I'm triggering, user.

Why are bowguns so fun?

Because there's only three different Gunner weapons, they had to make them kick ass.

Real talk, if I weren't a DB user for life, I'd rock a LBG.

I was hammer bro forever up unitl end of 3U. Then I played around with different weapons. Then in 4U I played mostly gunlance, now I'm lbg and hbg all the way

Sorry that Gunlance got nerfed in Gen. I always thought they were cool, even though I preferred Lances if I was gonna poke shit. Ah good old days of MHFU.

I will never forget the first time I saw a competent gunner in action. Stayed away from them for most of the game tri baby because I was oviously retarded.

I haven't even played with it in gen. I'm scared. I've never played with lance beyond some toying around. I may make it my melee weapon of choice. That or DB anyway.

I'm still not pro hunta level with them yet. But soon I hope. I'm sad they nerfed the seregios lbg

Gunlance has a Heat gauge now. The hotter, the more damaging it is. The thing is, attacks are about 80% as powerful as they were in 4U, so you need that gauge to be at your former glory, plus like 5% extra.

Adept DB is so fucking cool by the way. You're dashing all over the place as long as you don't suck at dodging. Aerial is alright too, but I need muh Demon's Dances so I don't like using it.

The gunlance nerf in combination with great sword's styles being "eh" this time around pushed me to try out dual blades again, and I've been playing exclusively Adept DB thus far. I might also pick up aerial or adept hammer, though, for fights with Uragaan and others.

The idea of the heat gauge is neat, but that doesn't sound implemetned well. And adept DB was what I was thinking about going with. I use adept with the bowguns

I played Adept Hammer as a result of that Hunter's Roulette that I should've kept notes on. It's definitely not my thing but there's probably some techs to be discovered.

GS is mediocre, though? Aw man I always wanted to get better with it.

Yeah, it's less of a bonus and more of a weird way to get your damage back up.

Kudos for not going Aerial Bowguns by the way. We all saw that video.

When I say GS is mediocre, I mean the styles they added don't really do anything for the weapon. Guild Style is still the best option for it. Also, at least per GaijinHunter, Sword and Shield is pretty ridiculous now with the weapon oils you can apply.

I don't think I have. You mind posting it or pointing me to the right direction?

I'm just getting into the game as well as getting into the lance. Should I go for guard or evasion?

Don't worry about which to use yet if you're just starting out. Just grab an armor set with Guard+ or similar and use that for a bit. If you find yourself dodging with iframes more, you can try an evade set. But all the best armors for both are near the end of the game so it's not as important to decide right now.

Anyone want to help me kill a few low-rank monsters in 4u? I need a single part for a clownsuit I've been working on.

high rank Generations, doing hyper monsters
12-9365-1994-9369
no pass for now

Any hunters here able to take down hypers effectively yet? Need a group to do the 3x Hyper Testu quest. Just went through 3 people's quests then they all bailed like a bunch of dickweeds.

I suck so much at this game. Think I'm gonna go adept gunlance because stationary counter, but I wish I could into aerial ig.

Practice makes perfect, user.
With enough effort nothing can stand in your way!

Except learning japanese.
You CAN'T learn japanese

On a less related note, is there any way to shut up the cat thing? It sounds like, well, a sick cat.

That's a given.

Just don't use'em

Asserting dominance is fun, user.

Can I bully your hammer with my wide funlance, you stun slut?

You're supposed to hit the tail, you're doing it wrong.

relaxed morning high rank
gen
21-7369-0794-2412
Also, gonna start shilling some consistent community activity
discord.gg/uFbVu

You like getting knocked all over the pace, don't you

But SnS does more stun.
In fact hammers got the short end of the stick this game… again.

Dude i main funlance and hammer, and i swear, if the tail is still there by the time the boss is dead, i'll make it my quest to throw you around when you're trying to carve and make you miss it.

What do you take during hunts?

Megapotion x10
Wetstone x15
Cold drink x2
Hot drink x2
Nulberry x10
Lifepowder x3
Max potion x2
Demondrug x5 (for when someone is riding the boss, give it 5 second before using it for max duration)
Net trap
Shoco trap
Tranq bomb x6

Welp. Good luck with that though.

you better mean might pill and not demondrug.
Why would you bother to bring 5 normal DDs with you and not just 1 mega

Potion/Mega x 10
Max Potion
Energy drinks
Psychoserum
Wyvern claw
Life crystals
Lifepowders
Nets
Traptools
Shock/Pitfall trap
Flash bomb
Tranq bomb
Barrel Bomb L/L+
Gunpowder
Large Barrels
Stamina oil
Farcaster
Charms and talons
Maybe a might seed if I don't have to use any cool/hot drinks

The only thing I'll be carving is your puckering weakspot with my GL , famon.

Sorry dude, i'm into girls.
I thought you were just being dominant there, but not that "kind" of dominant.

Yes, might pill.
The translation of items in other languages is kinda fucked.

What a faggot.

I'm in early High Rank. Does this build look good so far?

Last thread there was an user that posted this concept art of a cut boomerang weapon.

As you can see, the idea was to have this weapon that you would throw, and then hit your prey with your fists until it came back to you.

So suddently i realized: this idea has been finalized and used by capcom, but not in a MH game, rather in another capcom series, Basara.

From Basara 4 onward there's a character called Gotō Matabei that is mechanically EXACTLY what this concept art was suggesting, his entire playstyle revolves around using a boomerang blade, throwing it, and clawing at your enemies with your bare hands while the blade is airborne, until it comes back.

So this, plus the fact that there's a MH themed DLC for Basara 4 Sumeragi, is making me think that some members of the MH team also work on basara occasionally.

aside from artillery expert on a Switch axe, it looks good enough to carry you the entire game.
MHG isn't hard by any means

that isn't a switch axe babe.

sorry CB, I get the icons confused sometimes because I never use either.
But the point still stands, the charges got nerfed so it's better to have something else in that slot.

Drop Artillery down to novice and just eat for Felyne Bombardier and use the spare slots for something else, if possible.

He'd only be getting 2-3 more slots, or a talisman. Every slot he has appears to be arti jewels, for +10, and a talisman with ~+5. Rathalos S set gives 15 attack, so unless he has a talisman with attack up +5 (or less but enough slots to hit +5) he can't even hit AuL which is the easiest thing to go for. Anything extra he could get instead would need to come just from the talisman, so unless he lucks out and finds a +10 talisman for a useful skill or one with a decent amount of points and enough slots to fill the gap, he can't get anything else.

Forgive my newfagging when it comes to high rank guild quests, but is there a point where it becomes a pain to solo stuff ?

this is my talisman

ehh not really? You'll hit a point where it feels like stuff has too much health doing the deviant monsters.
But they're still do-able

Does palico gear affect anything other than taking them into hunts, like meownster hunters?

I made it to high rank solo, and I'm pretty average at the game.

You get Advanced village quests, which are high-rank equivalent, but they're on the high end of high rank, so if you've only been doing village quests up to that point, you'll be WAY underequipped by the time you unlock them. The easiest of them is a 3-monster hunt that starts with a Deviljho that 2HKO'd me with high-end village gear. Obviously village and low-rank gear in general is garbage, but that's the general power level of the Advanced quests this time around. I've completed every village and hub low-rank quest solo, and am only now moving on to Hub High-rank. I'm gonna come back to the Advanced ones once I get armor that isn't tissue paper or once I git gud enough to not get hit in the first place.

I swear since i stopped playing SA and gone LBG / HBG niggas just dont bother chopping off the tail.
SA on tail dammit, GTFO away from the head until you done yer job dangit.
You have one job.
Do it faggots.

Wait, I take that back. I've finished all the low-rank quests available to me, but Hub 3* still has the stand-in check mark telling me I've finished all the quests available but that there are still some I haven't unlocked. I've done every village quest, every villager request, every 1*, 2*, and arena quest possible up to this point. Is there something I'm missing that will unlock the rest of 3*, or do you actually have to start high-rank to unlock the rest of low? Because that would be fucking retarded.

Thanks, I've been doing low guild quests and just unlocked HR3, and I thought I noticed some minor increase in monster HP (debatable really) so I was just wondering if somewhere down the line stuff becomes designed for four players or something. If it's not the case, I'll just play guild quests and that will be that.
On another note, I love cheesing monsters I had trouble with in other games with aerial style. Cheap as hell but fun.

I also love meme style. I feel like I'm bullying the monsters every single time.

I would kill for this to be in MH it's the weapon I've always wanted

nice.
I still haven't found an arti talisman.

Join me for some round robin HR questing.
49-5253-4636-9012

gen lobby HR
59-3865-9129-2816

Do they recycle armor models for endgame armors, or if I find one I like should I just get it and upgrade the hell out of it?

I bring traps I have part breaker I have on of the weapons that does the most damage to horns.
Why the FUCK WONT THEY BREAK?

What do you think for an ice swaxe: Gamuto or deviant Lagombi?

Dual Blade primarily
Mega Potion x10
Mega Dash Juice x5
Sushifish x10 (RIP Mosswine Jerky)
Whetstone x10
Max Potion x2
Ancient Potion x1
Lifepowder x3
Paintball x10
Might Pill x5
Shock Trap x1
Pitfall Trap x1
Barrel Bomb L+ x2
Mega Demondrug x5
Mega Armorskin x5
Demon Flute x1
Hunter's Drink x3
Powercharm x1
Powertalon x1
Armorcharm x1
Armortalon x1
Psychoserum x3
Dung Bomb x10

2 extra slots for:
Cold Drinks
Flash Bombs
Sonic Bombs
Herbal Medicine
Tranq Bombs

Potion
Mega potion
2 max potion
Energy dranks
power charm
power talon
armor charm
armor talon
whetstone
pigaxe
nets
paintballs
dung bombs
honey

then all other shit just depends on zone or monsters

What do you guys think of my mh4u gear?

Star Knight/10

triggered.wav

Je Suis Monte

Pardon…

I know it hurts, but is the only way to get all the skills that i want

Getting real tired of your shit Village Quests.

Guild quests are the same. Kill a monster, unlock its deviant form.
What I hate most is when you kill a monster, then get a request to kill two of them.

Don't gaslight me brah

It just keeps happening

I wonder what MH will evolve to next

Delivering monster shinies as a main objective.

pls no

As a frog who never played online, what was the deal with the legendary shitters ?
Never heard je suis monte

What's wrong? All you need to do is deliver 2 wyvern tears!
And to prevent shitters from getting parts without being skilled enough to kill a monster, failing a quest now resets your inventory like abandoning does.

So does anyone know of any bow guns that have the poison gas bombs as internal ammo in Gen? I want to farm up on monster fluid and maximize my possible returns, I know the flower bowgun is one possible result I can build right away but are there any others?

I could give you the short answer, but it wouldn't give them any sort of justice, or be as fun to explain. Like you said, they are legendary; anyone who played 4U multi knows about them, because they were THAT prevalent. So this seems like a good time to sperg out about them, because they were so wrong in so many ways it was equally amazing and horrifying to behold.

I will first refer you to this post , my dear froganon, for these are the words that remain burned into our brains even to this day. The Gen babbies are lucky; they've been spared, now that anyone can press the B button to get a mount. But for us, the innumerable French Shitters that populated generation Big Guy will never, nay COULD never be forgotten.

It all started with the mounting mechanic. A neat gimmick, and I personally think it suits the MH series (unlike broken ass hunter arts). For the most part it was fairly balanced out, what with ledges only being in certain locations. You had to either plan for a jump, or take it in the spur of the moment, which suited the epicness of hunting big monsters.

But then you had the insect glave. It was a unique weapon in a lot of ways, but in 4U it really shined with its strategic (but risky) mounting vault. attacking with normal combos, while choosing your moment to vault and topple was how you got gud and played well with other team mates.

But for some reason that I still don't really understand, and I don't think anyone else understood, was the inexplicable and inextricable captivation of the insect glave to the French player base. And when they came together, it was always an absolute disaster, and people in the room could smell it brewing before the hunt even began.

I will now describe to you the anatomy of the French Shitter:

In the Hall, they only said two things:

In the Hunt, they only said two things:

It was easy to get mounts early game. Anyone could score at least one in the first village missions. But if you can just get free mounts with the insect glave, why wouldn't you just use the mount attack until it worked?
This frame of mind combined with the insect glave's spammable vault move created the triple-cart abomination that we all feared to play with, and still do even now.

The problem was, monsters didn't like being mounted in higher rank missions, especially because 4U was the game of the Sanic fast teleports-behind-you fuckers that refused to sit still for 2 seconds. In most cases, the hang time of the glave vault left you open to all sorts of shit, making it even more difficult to pull off.

But the French Shitters refused to learn. They had something good going, and they refused to give it up. And we all suffered for it.

Name any monster, doing any kind of attack, no matter how telegraphed - I've seen a baguette launch himself headfirst into it. Tetsucabra's boulder roll, Rathian's tail swipe, Brachi's ora ora, Rajang's laser rape, you name it fam. For every star in the sky there's a frog who incinerated himself in Shaggy's explosive fuck-you breath.

And if they actually somehow landed it, actually getting the mount,

They'd mash the fucking buttons until they were thrown off.

Again and again and again, without fail.

A single French player could accomplish what even the most bullshit ultra apex monsters could not: make an entire room of skilled hunters, who had been steadily and happily charging right into the fray together, disappear.

This may seem like the over-exaggerations of a super autist, but keep in mind even the fucking redditors started noticing the trend. The few threads that stayed up were always filled with apologist white knights and all sorts of damage control, but those of us who played knew. Just like you know now.

Carry this information with you. Because one day, when a new MH comes out, stripped of the retarded aerial mechanics that all hunters can use now, you might see a player that reminds you of these very words. And for the sake of that room I hope you're the host. Because if you are, you can kick that shitter out as fast as humanly possible, and continue having an enjoyable hunting experience.

Otherwise, the room might just end up a bread bowl.

Here's a higher res image just for you

thanks m8

Someone cap this.

Okay, I'm doing that quest for the Tanzia Sweetheart, the one where she wants you to get 5 Monster Guts….except I don't know where the fuck I get them from. I've been killing Zamites for 15 minutes, and not a damned one has given me the guts. I tried fishing with frogs, but no other fish show up interested in the frogs. There's not any other fishing areas besides the one in Area 2, right? This is in Frozen Seaway, mind you.

Help a nigga out?

to think i found a song before Holla Forums and thought i coulda made the dankest of memes with it and somebody beat me to it with an anime face.

20% from the zamites. May RNGesus curse you forever.

That does sound terrible, but also strangely specific. I mean, people being over agressive and insisting on a vault that doesn't work, sure. Pig-headedness is something of a national sport. Failing the topple minigame every time is stranger.
I'd understand someone not getting the mounting/topple mechanics in gen, but in 4U they tell you exactly how to use R on the great jaggi. I'd believe a big portion of frenchies are retards, no problem, but on such grand a scale and on a problem solved by reading ? It's a bit bizarre.
I like myself some insect glaive, but I almost never use the vault, especially since 4U's maps already have enough mounting points

Here.

You better get comfy.

I was thinking of going with cheese puns, but couldn't thing of anything for Je except bad puns with Cheddar or Feta. "Jack Swiss Monterey" was the best I could come up with, and that sounds dumb too.

I'm french and I agree with this man, french are top tier shitter.

Also if you have a name that sounds remotely french they'll start talking at lenght in french despite the other half of the room being english speaking. I feel this to be at best rude but then my protests are often met with "lol dude XDDD"

If you see a baguette, do NOT engage with them as they will pollute the chat at the slightest impression that you might understand them. Promply toggle your wifi and leave.
also I'm not terrible, some you may remember me
r-right?

Never in MHG has a quest taken me so fucking long. Holy shit. Fuck you Capcom now I can have that cute Tanzia Sweetheart outfit

Story time?

How do I get the MH4U bonus? I got the Extra Data but how do I get the items onto my Hunter?

Never mind found it.

The thing I find strange is that frenchies know how to speak english alright, it being in the junior high curriculum and all. I don't know a single soul who would be so pretentious as to insist talking french online (that'd be another matter IRL), except maybe for dindus whose second language is arab. Couldn't it be a quebec thing ? Either way they should be shot.

i thought the "pardon" was from them carting

and what were the reddit threads like? wasn't around early enough for that.

Garuga lv3, Remobra lv1, Seltas lv1, Flower gun

fuck you, and use pingsDEX yourself.

use flower gun and call it a day

That was the most fucked up thing. It was either they didn't know what the fuck they were doing or because they were burning up all their stamina trying to get mounts, so once they did they were instantly tossed off anyway. Considering how badly they played normally I'd believe both are equally possible.

I might be mistaken, but back in 3U there was an autochat option that apologized for getting thrown off the monster. But yeah It was usually the fact that because they'd throw themselves right into the monster's attacks they'd get womb combo'd into insta carting.

The reddit threads were what you'd expect. Basically a header saying what we were all thinking while trying to be polite, "Is it just me, or are there a lot of new French players constantly trying to mount everything?"

You'd have a bunch of replies like "Wow really maybe don't generalize people for no reason? Kinda bigoted" and "B-but I've played with really good French glave players! You're just unlucky!"

The people who actually understood, the ones who (rightfully) expressed their frustration, were downvoted to the bottom of the thread. But that's reddit for you.

Where can I find the lists of which quests unlock the next tier of urgent? I'm currently going through one by one and getting burnt out

Search for X key quests

thanks time to get back into this shit
just wanna make a good set before I ruin multiplayer

To be fair, most of the playerbase is fucking garbage that does that. The only reason Je Suis became a meme was because you noticed it more when the shoutout's foreign. I've run into just as many "Lo he montado!" along with the baguettes.

Oh sure. There were (and still are) definitely a huge amount of garbage glave users as far as any nationality is concerned, but it might ring true for me more than others because I was host of a room when a French player showed and I thought to myself, "You know what? I shouldn't kick players because of a meme. Maybe he won't be shit. I should give him a chance" and he triple-carted in the first 5 minutes.

Any time I see a glave user with a foreign name card I remember that time and my palms start sweating. But now the cat players seem to be the shitters this time around.

From what I've seen while playing myself, most of the players are frogs, followed by spics, and lastly english speakers. I just want someone to play with dammit.

Then ask in this thread, fuck I imagine halfchan/reddit having better players than the average random you'll get paired up with.

ok one more question, anyone know a good crit draw set or which monsters can be crafted into crit draw

I've asked in the past few threads m8, mostly everyone is either playing gen or is too high rank to bother.

Alright, I'll set a room up if anyone's interested.

I'm HR5, so round robin HR6 and below is viable

Frogs welcome of course

57-9177-1259-0954

just make more OC
something you find funny? do it
go test it on your faggoty friends

if you want people to play with, post a room in the thread or join the discord, both are equally active in hunting

Gen?

I'll post a room in a bit, but I'm not desperate enough to use goycord.

Yessir. Just going on mining runs with the cat right now

They deserve to suffer with each other.

No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

Like gaijinhunter. When he isn't going full on Francais with aerial SA, he's a fucking cat. He's the sort of guy who plays a cat while doing urgents and fighting elder dragons.

Post a room nigga.

Want some help with it? I hate Ice Cold Monkey Dick as much as anyone here, but I can't sit back and do nothing while it tears apart an user.

I'M AT WORK YOU USELESS NEET. I think I might post room afterwards. I just prefer to play with my own HR. It's no fun when a level 40 something comes in and does 90 percent of the work.

Only you can prevent cancer in the community.

I can't say I'm having trouble. Never attempted solo, but I have fought the thing so many damn times I just want to get it over with.

Generations is so fucking boring. Any of you guys came back to mh4u?

He's full of crap.

I'll pass on apex and GQ crap.

Can someone help me with this fucking HR4 urgent quest plesioth? I've never tried playing online.

Post a room son.

59-2147-9273-5901

What time you off? I'm in the same boat, HR1. I'll be off work in about 3 hours here.

goddamn it I just want to play with anons

I'll be home by 5 PST. It's barely 12pm where I live.

Hosting an MH4U room for general questan. I'm HR4 and I want to upgrade my kitchen meats.
25-2073-0569-0599

I started playing it myself not too long ago.

I did this so fucking much in 3U.
The community was really small when I started playing(~300 players) so you'd run into the same players over and over, thus by letting them go first I kinda built a name out of myself, after a while my rooms would get filled up in less than 15 mins.

Sounds good, I'll be around

once i reach some arbitrarily high rank in gen and get what i want out of it ill probably go back and solo hammer most of 4U

I got a water orb and the bubblefoam I needed, but fucking christ

Thanks for the hunts lads, I'll be back later tonight

such is life

I'm looking at you Apceros and Rhenoplos

Hopefully in 5 big monsters attacks will send small monsters flying away

G L O R I O U S

15-7411 3378 1854
pass: 1488

Doing low HR stuff.

Just encountered my first HR Bulldrome. What sort of fresh hell is this, user?

Song related, my sides went into space and they ain't coming back.

So whats the best skills for a awesome bomb cat (note: I know bomb cats are not good)

Giga bomb, Bomb boost, Anger prone, Furrious? Also, skill, that I forgot the name of, which fills your gauge when you get hit.
So, as long as its possible to roll Giga bomb on a fighter cat you can make a pretty decent cat, though you'll roll for ages, since there are two rare skills. So basically you roll for what's said previously, boomerang pro and big boomerang, then teach it bomb boost and either piercing boomerang or emergency retreat, depending on the 2ndary skill.
And when you manage to find a cat as rare as that you quit playing mhx because it didnt pay off in the end.

room is still up, but were doing HR7 and up now
come join!

my 3ds crashed as the ioprey hit me, remove ioprey

MH4U room
03-0195-0464-3025
pass is 9865

CLOSE IOPREY'S SECOND PORT

Speaking of 3DS crashing, this reminds me, how do you guys clean your 3DS?

I was thinking alcohol and kitchen paper for the plastic parts themselves, but what should i use for the screens?

Ok. I made an HR1 room.
06-2020-1143-0667
Password:1337
Let the noobs unite and awkwardly take down whatever crosses out path.

Isopropyl alcohol, the stuff in lcd screen wipes

As an alternative, would those wipes specifically made to clean up glasses lens work too?

The majority of them are fine, yes. Which one you using?

we should share this one with our leddit friends

What would acetone do?

is this a good monster hunter to jump into the series with?

Emulate portable 3rd HD or pirate MH4U to try it out. Some mechanics change in 4th generation, most notably the mounting mechanic and a few new weapons.

okay, i'll try out MH 4U

It's a very potent solvent used to remove nail polish.
Considering the entire point of cleaning screens is to use products that aren't too aggressive, i can't imagine it's any good for them.
Additionally it's a pretty bad idea to use it on the plastic parts of your hardware, as it could, over time, probably cause discoloration.
On top of all this it also smells like shit, like the sweet smell of rotten fruits.

What an ebin ruse. Acetone melts most polymers. It wouldn't just discolor it, it could potentially burn a hole in it.

What, really?
That's pretty fucked.

Well, most polymers. There are obviously some that acetone doesn't melt, such as the kind of plastic used in the bottles of nail polish remover, and the more diluted it is, the less it is able to melt through plastics.

Why are there so few HBG mains? It's such a sexy weapon.

thats what I'm running right now

Bushido HBG on Cenataur set + Nibelsnarf HBG with volcanic ammo art.
Its amazing if you want a maximum damage per shot and with bushido you can actually engage in melee range with Food + Art + Bushido boosted Pellet shots. Just done a hunt against two Tetsucaburas at once, fought em both in the same zones and it was great.

I haven't bothered the ASS about it yet, and I'm too busy charm farming half the time.

What skills do you get with that? I'm currently running the DQR set lvl 9 with the full up'd Rath Bowgun. Good poisoning and great normal bowgun.

The beauty of the HBG is that you don't need any skill in particular to do a metric ass-ton of damage. Maybe recoil down +1/reload speed +1 on certain guns, but other than that, you really don't need much.

I'm only low Rank so my skills arent particularly fanstastic but Cenataur gives Ammo Saver and Expert +1 with enough points and slots for Expert +2, with Collect +1 charm because got nothing better.
Normal 3 and Aqua on crouching fire with Force internal ammo with room for up to Pellet 3 ontop of it. IDK exactly what Force ammo does, outisde of seemingly more damage and better range, but it works very well for what I need right now.

Will I be safe if I go online to get help with my Monoblos CQ or will I get fucked up by the french?

You'll only fuck up a hunt if you aren't capable of learning from mistakes. Everyone is shit at this game when they start. Literally everyone. If you want, just play it safe. Go in for hits when you know the monster is open. People are rarely watching each individual player and so long as you're not chilling in some area on the other side of the map, people won't give a shit.

Gunners are the only ones that usually have a view of everyone and we usually don't give two shits what anyone is doing so long as they're not walking in front of us in siege mode or something.

games easy and even more easy with people
stop being a faggot

There is no absolute failure user. Hone your skills and be confident.

Also, Dreadking Rathalos is a showstealing faggot.

Finally killing that faggot felt so good with a lightning bow and almost running out of time after trying several other weapons.

Dreadking a shit.

Why do they even bother including this guy? He's one of the most boring monsters around. Even his HC variant is incredibly dull to fight, compared to other HCs out there, in fact I'd even say that most small monsters are more enjoyable to fight than this tiresome shit.

He's only fun with hammer.

I suck at fighting that guy, he just seems to always be attacking. I can't read his tells at all, he does so little damage though so I can just brute force him.

there are a lot of monsters I question why they bring back and ones they dont
I want that chicken thing back that was only in one game and the quropeco

They're for the birds.

What chicken thing? Quropeco is sorely missing though. The craziness he introduced was fantastic.

If I made an HR 5 to 6 room, would people join?

Hypnocatrice is what he's talking about I think

It'd be extremely populated.

that's a big sword

Hypnocatrice

スターハンター 4G

>スターハンター 4G

what about underwater?

Go fuck yourself!

I still think underwater combat could work with some tweaking as long as you're playing with a proper dual-analogue controller.

Could've had a one-horned diablos deviant but nope.

Which monster did Frontier players hate? Also what are the chances of that game ever getting a western release?

Monoblos

We've already got monoblos Diablos deviant would have been a triceratops.

They hated that Hypno and Lavasioth were added to the psp games.

Well yeah, but in FU there was a quest to kill a specific Blos with a busted horn and it had suped up stats.

MHgen Deviant round robin room
33-7757-0149-4096
pass is 4321

network error this is the new room
46-1795-6704-5602

That's because he doesn't really have any tells. You can reliably tell when he's winding up for his long-range charge, but the rest of his attacks seem to have zero telegraph. All you can do is try your best to stay behind him at all times.

Everyone starts out being shit at MH.
Do you want to know how many people here got fucking DUNKED their first time facing a Yian Kut-Ku in MHFU or even prior to that?
A lot.
Hell, i myself had to face a simple Velocidrome multiple times at the start, simply because i couldn't grasp the pacing of your attacks in this game very well, i kept missing, fucking up my timing, and getting hit.
MH is a game about learning trough repetition and making mistakes, you gotta fuck up before you realize what you're doing wrong.

Probably because I started with Tri which was significantly easier apparently but I really never failed any quests until I got to the multiplayer only stuff of that game.

So, out of interest, what gear do you usually bring with you when hunting with others?

Outside of a stock of Mega Potions and some extra paintballs I rarely take anything else - I'm wondering if I aught to be dragging more tools and group items with me?

some lists were posted above in response to this post

Flash Bombs are pretty useful with some monsters especially if you're playing S&S. Lifepowder can save you a cart or 2 if you're fast with it. Traps are also really good in a bind and you just want to get the fight over with before someone carts for the 3rd time. Oh and don't forget your armor/power charms and talons.

Tri had unfucked hitboxes compared to MHFU so that helps a lot, but to put it into perspective, MFU came out in 2009.
Where i live, DeS came out in 2010.
And i didn't get into souls games until later on.

So i approached MH without really having any sort of experience on how to move, how to attack, the slow, heavy pacing of it's combat, the only thing that even remotely could help was having experience with the souls games, and that wouldn't happen to me until later on, and even IF i had experience with them, MH is definitely it's own separate thing, so it would've only helped me up to a point.

I came into MH with prior more "technical" third person melee focused action game experience in the form of Severance Blade of Darkness and Rune, back in my youth, wich is, i suppose, not entirely ground zero, but it really didn't prepare me at all in how MH handled movement, combat, and the pacing of all the animations, it was really rough for me initially, to say the least.

HAS FRONTIER GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME?

in frontier's usual standars of course

I played a bit of DeS when it came out I beat 1-1 and quit trying to beat 2-1. I got stuck and read a faq saying magic was "mandatory" for beating armored spider and just quit because I thought I would have to grind forever. So I don't think that really helped me. Tri definitely fixed a whole bunch of shit and just felt a whole lot better in general though. I started playing MHF1 a week or so ago and that game is all kinds of fucked up, still going to try and push through to the end though. Probably more likely that Tri since it was made for the Wii probably had a way more approachable difficulty curve so it didn't really get tough till the end.

Generations, high rank, doing hypers and whatever else people want.
17-9186-8224-1737
pass 0004

What in the everloving fuck.

Tri was a huge step foward for the series but at the same time it was the only period of time where the MH community got incredibly bad.
It's the only era i remember when the MH community became straight up shit, probably because it exploded in popularity and we had an huge influx of people.

I remember that the only way to save yourself from the shitters was to play MHP3, where all the good members of the community fled, creating a smaller but more high quality "pocket" of MH fans that didn't want to associate themselves with the shitshow that was happening everywhere else in the community.

Fortunately it went back to normal after that.

I only played Tri because 2 of my housemates played MHFU for an entire summer while they were the only ones living at our house. They were so into it they convinced all 7 of us living in the house to buy the game and in some cases a fucking wii. Each of us moved our TV into the living room and we played pretty much every waking moment for 2 weeks. I don't think a person can have a better introduction to monster hunter and it's probably a big reason why I've put 100s of hours into every game since then. I'm still playing gen with one of those guys.

My main problem with tri's community was how most people would rather sleepbomb or clust spam ala than legitimately fight him.

This makes me want to play Frontier.

There's so much content in it that I don't even care if it's fanfic tier garbage. Like a pitch black rathalos that shoots fireballs covering an entire area.

It's some casual shit tbh. At least we have to manage what attacks we can survive through, those guys just get moxie so they can tank every hit. Pretty retarded.

Wait so moxie in frontier just makes you invincible?

Basically, moxie will only activate when your health is above a certain percentage, which means that if a hunter takes a Space Godzilla world-destroying particle beam to the face, they can just chug one or two pots to fulfill the percentage requirment, and jump back in. It's not even full health, it's like 30 or 40%. So despite they way the game looks, it's pretty shit tier.

prepare your anus.

I don't read moon, what exactly is happening here? Is it some sort of event quest for a glasses item?

Combo book 1-4
Mega potions 10
Whetstone 20
Well-done stick or energy drink 10
All talismans and charms
Herbal medicine 10
Lifepowder 3 if I'm not lazy
Hot or cold drink 2 or how much have left since the last quest
Red health portion restoration item max
ibiru jho
Adamant seed
Nullberry 10
Status meat 2 of each
LBB 3
Capture
Shock trap
Tranq 3
or nothing in mhx if sidequest is ez

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but whatever not that it always the same.

Don't you just need 2 of them in the field?

No, LBB+ or traps require more, though its not like I use them often, its just so when I'd really use them I wouldnt get the garbage.

Right, i guess if you trapbomb often you'd need all 4.
I sorta only bring 4 when the hunting group explicitly says they're gonna trapbomb.

10 potions
10 megapotions
10 honey
2 max potion
1 ancient potion
20 whetstones
1 shock trap
1 pit trap
combo book 1 and 2
max paintballs

10 mega potions
10 potions
99 paintballs
2 max potions
1 ancient potion
powercharm
powertalon
armorcharm
armortalon
20 whetstones
5 mega pickaxes
5 mega bugnets
farcaster
BBQ spit
10 well-done steaks

Do people honestly have their max stamina drop enough to warrant using more than MAYBE 2 steaks, tops?

I never use it but I feel empty without it.

Yeah BBQ spit on the average hunt seems just weird to me.
Additionally, i don't really see the benefit in bringing pickaxes, bugnets and such on normal hunts, it makes sense at the very start of the game when you're collecting anything that isn't nailed to the floor and you need as many mats as possible, but later on you do specialized gathering runs with your gathering set, it's more orderly compared to wasting time while you're trying to hunt something.

You're thinking of moxie.

Pffftt i don't need 99 paintballs, but i still bring it (even to arenas) because it makes me feel comfy inside.

I only bring 10 paintballs and keep the number stable to 10 every time after every hunt for absolutely no reason.
Some random habit that became tradition i guess.

Farming HR Malfestio for armor Though I really wish I could get an armor set with Stam Recov Up and Wide Range +2

Room: 61-6414-4933-4808
Pass: 4411

Aside from bow coatings:
Then of course I'll bring along flash bombs, hot/cold drinks, cleanser, deoderants, etc as necessary for whatever monster.

Can we do hyper malfestio after that?

The event one? Sure. even if it's not the event one; sure.

Poison element bugstick is a huge bully in general. Now if only wingtalons would properly drop after breaking both wings.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a list of cat support biases and their effects on behavior?

Got 6:09.30 solo, I'm happy

Great hunts, we raped Malfestios left and right. Thanks for hunting!

Thanks for bearing with me on the hyper malfestio quest, my okami set is now complete.

Just don't even bother, unless you like having everything complete, you don't unlock anything important by doing the village quests that you can unlock by getting to HR4 online.
It's the worst design choice and enables carrying shitters through online.

43-6670-1119-8571

No pass, doing my 4* keys and wouldn't mind fighting a few Garuga to upgrade my bow.

would you like me to carry you?

If you would like! It's early HR so I don't mind terribly.

Cool. I just came here to find people to do garuga+ for mask S with.

Why does everyone take one look at my hunt a yian garuga quest and then leave the hub?

You don't have CFW? Just pirate it, m8y.

Okay, so I understand the deviant system now .
I hunt a monster a bunch of time and get tickets until i can upgrade the equipment to level 6 and unlock the armor skills..

But why would I get the armor to level 10?
Is there any extra they get there or is it just armor?
If not I guess I'll do it anyways since the level 10 weapons will be good enough

The weapons are pretty mediocre too.
Really everything related to deviants is just kind of meh

That doesnt answer my question.
I've decided that I want the stoneskin armor set, I just want to know if its worth it to go to level 10

Nope, never bothered looking into it since I'm picky enough that I can afford all the games I actually want, and I like supporting the games I think are worth playing. Not like I have any other use for my dosh anyway.

Eh it's worth it if you're going to be grinding out the first 6 levels anyways.
But I'm just saying, the deviant gear is pretty mediocre armor more-so than the weapons skillwise.
Defense wise it's pretty middling too, I think it's like 600 at level 10?

So it doesn't add any new noteable armorskill, got it

Please if you're using deviant armor, you're already SoL skillwise. They're really bad in that respect.

Are the Hellblade weapons mediocre too? I see a bunch of people using them.

Yeah, I'd say they are, I mean the blast is nice but you can min max better with other weapons

There's a few that aren't top for the sake of speedrunning but if you don't care about that then just use whatever.

I looked for a similar picture for MH4 but only found shit resolutions. Anyone have the good stuff ?

Why cant I upgrade my armor at level 7 to 8 Its asking for monster parts which I believe I have.

do you have the money for the upgrade?

And do you have the resource requirements, i.e. ores or other parts?

Yes and yes it doesnt ask for parts other than generic parts as far as I can tell.

all it ask for is Jaggi High 10 and money which I have more than enough.

Without seeing your screen I don't know what to tell you, man. Maybe you're trying to upgrade it to high rank armor and you're not HR yet? Though if you have the parts then you must be… I don't actually know that process. I think your only option might be to literally take a screenshot via Miiverse and share it to us.

Old 3ds

69-0846-2774-6918
Lets
gooooooooooooooooo

It looks like the materials are the problem, at least to me. Are all high-rank mats in yellow, and you are certain you have enough of them? Because that's the only thing I can think of. Try gathering some more high-rank Jaggi parts and see if it works.

So anyway i've been playing MH4U and i found a two player strategy which is pretty broken.
It doesn't really need anything else than being relatively good at playing your weapon, and having adequate attack.
Since we're doing this the fights go like this.
Obviously if you have a good IG player you can pin the boss even more, but it's safe to wait for the second paralisys.
Long sword also makes things faster and eases tail cuts.

gen lobby, doing desert brawlers to unlock the sakura grind
33-8358-3115-5514

Good fucking luck on that bullshit come Gravios\Basarios and its variants.

It works on most bosses, tho. If you can't stun, you can always sleep, or try to mount it.

Why do people have to ruin everything I enjoy?
I actually enjoyed the damage I could deal with an insect glaive and rarely ever vaulted with it. And now that I've made the swap to HBG to do some styling in the air, everyone's hopped on the hate wagon because of people abusing the pellet shots.

Why must everything I touch be ruined?

That looks fun as fuck, what are the cons?

What the fuck is this.

HBG main here. I've found adept to be objectively better than anything else. Aerial is ONLY viable with pellets as no other shot type lands consistently.

Normals are second best, but often only hit 2/3 or sometimes even none if you get the angle wrong. Pierce are dog-shit as the vast majority of monsters aren't as tall as they are long so most of the pierce shots go through completely, assuming you even hit more than one.

Pellet shots trip literally everyone hitting the monster and an area around it. They fuck up your entire team bad. There's a reason nobody worth their weight in salt would ever use pellet shots in MH4U or any MH in multiplayer. They do decent damage but at the cost of basically removing your teammate's damage.

Aerial a shit unless you want to be completely useless or a large tumor. It's fun as fuck tho.

Playing Aerial, you keep the core Monster Hunter challenge while not having the extremely overpowered 'give me iframes up the asshole' that Adept gives you, and with HBG, landing air snipes is the greatest fucking thing ever.

The problem being, using Aerial with HBG and pellets is the new Kelbi Bow, really. You'll keep knocking the monster over constantly. Because of this, you get kicked so damn often when you join higher rank lobbies just for using a HBG which makes farming for parts a chore.

I don't want to be a hated hunter for using something so fuckin' stylish ;A;

I can land the shots pretty consistently, save for some of the bowguns that do multishots on the air leaps. And when it comes to smaller monsters, I just use the Guild style.

Adept is for fags who can't into spacing. It's made MHX incredibly boring and far too easy.

Am i biased for not owning the game and thinking i'd rather wait for a hunting styles-less 5th installment in the serie?
This game just seems so unbalanced for whatever reason and it pains me.

ive been rolling as a DB aerial shitter, and its a lot of fun
successfully linking up combos on monsters and kicking their shit in is really rewarding
the best is when you bring a mega dash juice and just stay in demon mode, constantly landing aerial hits

I would argue not owning the game is the biggest point against your stance. Until you play with the styles and find one you like, it's easy to sit back and armchair judge.

I'm not saying you're guaranteed to like the styles, though they provide so much variety that I find it hard to believe that at least one of them won't appeal to you (I went from GS/GL main to DS because of its Adept style). But I do think you should at least download the demo and try them out before you judge them.

I would say even the demo is a bad metric simply because Aerial and Bushido don't really shine against Makkao or Holoro, but I'll agree it's better than nothing.

Ugh, good point, you're right. Taking Adept Hammer vs Maccao is not terrible but not great, but Adept Hammer vs Rathian is nothing short of bullying.

MH4U high rank room
18-9624-2328-4689
pass:7654

The room isn't showing up for me. I'm pretty sure I got the ID right.

oh my 3ds disconnected let me put it back up
65-2664-6570-3556

Are people so impatient that they HAVE to carve something that they don't actually need half the time?

Yeah.

It's all about the greed. If you don't carve the tail immediately, someone else might carve it before you! If you aren't first, you're last. You don't want to be last, do you?

I carve once I see there no way I can catch up to the monster and hit it.

I play hunting horn
what else am I suppose to do when all my buffs are up? I'm not suppose to hit the monster

Nope, styles and HAs a shit

As long as you don't hit the head, you're fine.

How long has it been now? 2 weeks of you being mad? the other guy left a long time ago.

t. the "other" guy

Making jokes about Brianna Wu doesn't mean she triggered me, by the way. Good argument, too bad it's shit

Of course, not wanting someone to shit up the thread surely means I'm the same guy

Yeah, you are the same guy. Deal.

[UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON HUNTING HORNS?!]

What's a decent full armor set for early HR bow shenanigans? Skimmed through the pages of the blacksmith and nothing looks interesting.
Kinda sick of bujabuja meme armor.

If this is bantz then I accidentally went to reddit

Goddammit I thought I hated forced memes yet here we are.

No my dude, it's just you
And I don't mean "you just think that"

What? I don't get the meme.

That's it, i officially add the hunting horn autist in our list of Holla Forums autists.

-ass autist
-vegan schizophrenic autist
-christian missionary autist
-hunting horn autist

From now on treat him like you treat the other autists on the board and just ignore the post and move on.

pretty much
I just made rathalos when I could and managed to get atk up large in it because I got lucky with a talisman

then I made HR rathalos and gemed in maestro and atk up large

if ya playing solo, maestro really isnt needed

le hunting horn so good xDDD
it does so much damage KEEP HITTING HEAD YES, GOOD JOB YOU'RE CREDIT TO THE HUNT

This is why people don't tolerate feelingsfags

I'm being meme'd on, right?

Yeah you are, just ignore the thread for the next bit, it's been derailed because hunting horns I guess?
HR rathalos with AuL is good enough for a long while until you start clownsuiting.

What on Earth? There's a story to this isn't there?

The first guy now mostly posts on Holla Forums, after being called out he moved.
But i don't know to what end, it's impossible to have a conversation with him regardless of where he posts, he's incomprehensible, the fact that he's vegan and non-violent has been concluded from something like 20+ posts of absolute gibberish.

The second guy will target a single thread, and then pretty much obliterate it trying to convert everyone and spouting christian bullshit non stop the entire thread.
Only picks one thread, and only shows up once every X days.

You forgot schizon user who

talks like

tihs most of the times

Useless skills>>10355248
What the fuck capcom?

Christ. I guess even when we don't have crazed namefags like Lanced Jack or Quentin we still get the nutjobs.

wow

Yeah here's what happened

Maybe a year and a half ago, if I have to guess, this underage cunt and his emotions were shitposting away on 4/v/, before the "too extreme for 4chan" incident, on what I'll guess is a gamer fuel thread. He got mad at people posting alcohol because children can't drink which is yet another reason why they should be gunned down for their crimes against society and shitposted. Then an user who, I dunno, posted about vegan alternatives, called him out in the same sentence post, which hurt his feelings. That day his mother called him schizophrenic, which hurt his feelings even MOREno joke this should be grounds for execution so he decided that the user is a vegan schizophrenic

As for Christian missionary, I'm out of ideas, gimme a sec

This is him doing damage control to make it look less "obsessive spergie" and more "cunning trole slaiyer xd," maybe he'll piss off Mark, cuing a bunch of screencaps of his ban, and that'll hurt his feelings into leaving. Sooner the better with feelingsfags not gonna lie

You mean schizo or is this a word I never heard of? Sorry, English is not my first language. Please bear with me

user are you ok?
What the hell is happening to you?

This is not a good way to deflect insults, you're gonna get the help you need I promise

Remember to run, maybe you'll get shot and americans won't have to pay for you to get shot up with god knows what

I meant Schizo, I'm just typing really fast

Fair enough, thank you

anyone know what quest unlocks the Rhopessa S Armor ? I'm not able to make it so it has to be a quest right?

user just be a man and do every quest. You have to be a man to dress up like a pretty butterfly.

nvm fxt it

It's a meme you dip.

Anyone still around in this thread? I'd like to do some HR5 questing. Not necessarily the keys, just whatever, as long as it's HR5. I need money, and I want to take my new equipment set out for a spin.

Room: 30-9023-6855-8651
Pass: 1222

ah well, I gotta sleep. I'll try again next thread

just use random frenchies to get your HR unlocked as fast as possible
then use them to unlock the charm farming quest and use that to farm money and charms

its really good money

I've had my share of hunting for the night and I need to think of a new clownsuit without Athena's ASS help.

I made a great gunlance set and even managed to gem in maestro
shit was great
I'm now working on my maestro lance set

11-584-0391-6199
Lets go cuties.

New thread