Game's soundtrack is in .ogg files

JUST fuck up my bandwidth and HDD

Getting this out of the way so we can skip the shit later on:

What

?

He's saying that someone will make a post about a small feature in a game, blowing it out of proportion and a reddittor will ask what game he's talking about

Notice how people that call other redditors don't seem to have basic writing skills

Oh. Frankly that seems like a complete non-issue even if I were to accept it as true.

Restricted area actually did that, stop your shitposting.

Guess the game.

HELL YEAH MOTHER FUCKER!

Get a load of this pleb.

>except its even MORE of a placebo effect

Serves me right i'm a music pleb, right?

also this

Which game?

You're a fucking genius bro. Have you designed the warp drive yet? We gotta get away from planet, seriously. Only us cool people allowed to go. We leave all the niggers and cucks here.

It's also 5.1 channel and I wanted to see how it sounded on my home theater.

I still download all of my music in flac though

Subs ruin games by putting your brain into "read" mode rather than "listen" mode, which makes you just want to rush through all the dialogue. Subs should always be off by default.

Look, mang, subs can only exist in a game where there's already voice acting. Otherwise it's just a text box, not "subtitles." Now try to stop being so retarded.

This should be the standard in all these games.

You have something against Deep Purple?

go read a book instead, faggot

No. They're not my favorite though.

They were better at blues than at metal.

How the fuck do you even make a sound file that big without it going on forever?

There's tons of games like this. It's always good to see.

waet gayme

Here's one game that does this.

what is wrong with clones? Solid Snake is pretty human to me.

She literally had no soul.

Nothing at all, if you enjoy having to comb grey hairs out at ten.

My nigga

subtitles are only needed because sometimes the rest of the game overpowers the dialogue and i cant hear it or occasionally character's accent is so fucking absurd i cant understand them

even with subtitles sometimes i still cant understand them fucking Little Jacob and Badman in gta4

That's a problem of mixing, but yeah, I hate that too. It's shockingly common, despite seeming like a real fucking amateur oversight.

I guess I need glasses because I'm not sure I'm reading this right. I'm seeing gigs for a fucking soundfile with just about fucking nothing in it?

You fucking what

What did you say? I didn't quite understand your statement very well.

Do you want 500 replies?

famalamborghini

Even the title track wants you to play as the Byzantines

Paradox games always have badass soundtracks as well.

Epic meme, fellow Anonymous. xD

If you wanted a music thread you just had to ask, faggot.

I see you are a man of excellent taste

Good music stands the test of time, either in style or substance

but only of have two ears?

I actually like head bob.

Bet you like screen shake and controller vibration too faggot

RIP Kirill Pokrovsky

Screen shake is OK if you're near an explosion. If you're just running, it's retarded. I don't care about vibration.

I want more sad Christ chan

He still played you like a damn fiddle.

Okay, does anybody have a way to convert the music from SSX (2000) to a real listenable format? Somebody did it before as seen on embed related's description.

Thank you for the grand old time Toby you magnificent faggot

How about go watch a movie if you want voices so much faggot.

No!

Actually, as long as you match the format and bitrate you can replace any song in any game, it only changes when it is in some weirdfuck format only for the game. Like, I think there was a themepark game that had sound files in like .DIC files.

Vibri a cute

casual

got any lewds of her?

Do not sexualize the Christ-chan

And these were fairly recent games too, at least recent enough that nobody not even amateurs are using Wangblows Media Video anymore

Any Christ chan is good Christ chan

That may be true but holy fuck if some devs don't make it next to impossible

how can this even happen, unless they where specifically calling a video player instead of acceding the file directly and playing it in game

Theres shit like Texmod where you can change the textures of just about anything without having to mess with the game files but yet something like that for sounds seems impossible.

It doesn't help when the game doesn't have the option to adjust music volume or when it does, it also takes away other sounds like SFX

To be fair, I was still using ffdshow as my main video decoder, and I think what you described was happening, where the decoder thought it had priority over opening certain video files and not the games. Thing is, I had played tons of games before that where cutscenes were encoded as .avi, .mpg, you name it, and they always played in-game.

Reminder that to this day, Self Radio in GTA V still requires a ludicrous amount of CPU overhead, to the point that nothing short of a high-end i7 can actually handle using Self Radio without the game taking a massive performance hit. When I benchmarked it, I found out that GTA V somehow requires an amount of processing power to read mp3s on the same level as my video player interpolating a 24fps video to 144. How the fuck.

yes

Suck it christcuck

(checked)

It's shit.

Repent

just smdh tbh fam

even then for most games that fidelity is worthless, as we all know uncompressed audio in multiple languages is just to curb muh piracy

Guess the game

Hylics

fucking flag god damn

The sad part is, Generations proved that '06 could have been a good game if they actually finished it instead of kicking a barely-functional alpha build out the door.

world of warcraft expansions

Postal 3? You're probably gonna have to be more specific, user. Hell, I can think of at least five Sonic games that can fit under that category.

Both of you posted the wrong game.

What else were you expecting from slavs?

The girl can sing, but I don't see why she can't just layer two different takes or even double track the vocals like the original, instead she used some shitty effect to recreate the chorus and it's so obvious it throws the song off.

Problem with this?
You get to edit the art

Undertale

I think you're just a faggot who doesn't like to read, user.

Kill yourself.

This

Oh you're too kind

Found the femanon. How fat/disfigured are you?

What the fuck? Are these people retarded?

How about the Orthodox version of her?

Even the heretical sects.

Reported for intl.

That's not Hush.

Youre thinking of Led Zeppelin.

There is literally nothing wrong with .ogg.

Mass Effect

GTA 4 had DRM checks on its radio. It wouldn't play songs that didn't have certain data signatures on it. I imagine GTA5 does the same.

Why would you even do that? Who does that even make happy?

Zep was more eclectic than Purple. They could do blues, rock, folk, all kinds of shit, and do it well.

Reminder that the music industry is not all unlike the game industry.

When they meld, you're gonna see some serious shit.

But even if you put DRM checks in a game for music nothing is stopping you from alt tabing and just playing your pirated music. It does fucking nothing why would you even waste time making such a stupid thing?

He's saying that you read the subs instead of listening to the voice acting. Most people read faster than people speak, so your first inclination is to skip to the next line of dialogue because you already know what they're going to say, since you read the line.
You're both illiterate and retarded.

i disagree
the environment/concept art is also decent

Try rutracker.

this isnt too bad, downright wholesome considering where we are

Some games define length of the tracks, though. I think the Bethesda Fallouts did this, making radio modding harder than it should be.

GTAV doesn't use MP3 natively, so they have to recompress it into whatever format they do, at runtime. Don't know why the fuck they didn't just license MP3, fuckers are rich as hell. Jews will be jews, I guess.

Why don't you ask the suits who use the money on advertisement rather than game development.

I wish I could I want to ask them why they waste such large amounts of money to advertise a game everyone and their mother was going to buy anyway.

You are autistic, a simple minded autist.

They need to reuse this song in an actual good sonic game

Sweet argument.

Fuck not again. Why did you have to give me this virus again? The last time this happened it turned all of my soundtracks to midis.

SACDs are pretty cool indeed. Waste of space if you don't have 5.1 or just a decent audioset.

Fair enough. I'll amend my statement:

Yeah they could not advertise it at all, people would still buy it because.

Yeah but my problem is they just flush money down the toilet with advertisements that go above and beyond what they actually needed to do. Like why the fuck to they need to plaster goddamn buildings and buses with GTA the normalfags know what GTA is you dumb faggots you don't need to spend millions on stupid fucking mile long banners on the sides of buildings.

Pang Adventures?
You can mod the fuck out of the game since it's all in lua and there isn't any embedding of assets. I modded in Don Tacos and made the bubbles smaller and added screen shake to all the weapons.

That is one old meme, friendo.

Off the top of my head

Payday 2
WET
Hotline Miami 2
Brutal Legend

I left halfchan just before that became a thing. Thank God.

Fucking Cave Story. It's not too bad, since it can be patched out, but they replicated this behavior in nxengine and even though I could remove it, I can't compile that shit on Windows to save my life.

Games shouldn't even have voice acting. When people are making mods for it, they'll have to painstakingly search for fucking voice actors unless they want people to shit on their mod.

Which games got a soundtrack release? I can only think of SoR2.

That's a separate issue.

The Streets of Rage games are exactly what I was thinking of. The official soundtracks for all 3 of them sound like shit compared to how they sound coming from a real system or even an emulator. They say the soundtracks were taken from Koshiro's actual PC88 he recorded from, which I guess means they held up a microphone to the PC speaker.

It's especially dumb when you also have things like pic related that takes the original music from Revenge of Shinobi but uses higher quality drum samples. I don't know why they couldn't do the same for SOR.

Pic unrelated.

>Not having autism.

Jesus nigger, if the soundtrack had an official release then surely track and album information was available. Why the fuck did you buy it?

Such a great soundtrack.

Audiosurf is the most well known example of this, based entirely around creating roller coasters of whatever music you put in it.

Also this

semen

I'd appreciate a source for this since it could help my GTA to run better

Every game Tim Follin worked on, except for Plok. That game was pretty good.

Living in the City is the real jam yo

Space Truckin' is pretty good, too.

My guess is that the soundtrack is DannyB trying to make money off the people who specifically want to support him.

But Hush wasn't on Machine Head.

I vomit all over everyone in this thread

Nobody cares.

What game is that?

Total war?

As you can see, this is a Playstation black disc. Track 1 contains computer data, so please, don't play it. But you probably won't listen to me anyway, will you?

???

Castlevania Symphony of the Night had a club mix of the main theme on Track 2 of the Playstation disc.

I think you can also put the Playstation version of GTA in a CD player and listen to the radio stations.

You could do that for PC too.

Best Sonic music on the Genesis
I know I'm wrong but it's my favorite

FUCKING FSX

Texmod works at a videocard level; its literally a hook that tells the videocard "whenever this texture is refernced, load this instead" and all videocards support interfaces/APIs (namely, DX and OGL; and I guess now, DX12 and Mantle).

Sound, not so much.

Literally Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. Also the extracted files are not even named in an intuitive manner so you have to organize everything manually. It's a fucking puzzle.

Spec Ops: the Line. And I mean the original music. The ocassional dadrock/post-rock was okay.

People who use this term should be shot.

Blame the "wrong generation" faggots who made me become not very fond of the genre.

That shit is Rebel Galaxy.

wew

Why can't I post .mp3 files?

This is the third time I've seen you do this over several days. Wipe your damn cookies.

DannyB. Isn't he the guy who worked with Edmund on the original Isaac and then Edmnund got rid of his as for Rebirth because he was to shit to work with?

Yea fuck that guy. The new soundtrack might not be as memorable but at least the music is reactive to the gameplay so it changes based on how many enemies are in the room.

That reminds me
Few games do this but it's such an amazing effect, even if it's half assed. Twilight Princess does this on every boss fight. Every time Link got the upperhand it would play the same triumphant tune for each one in the version of the current bosses music. Arguably one of the best features the game had. Embed related. At 3:07 is when the tune plays every time you knock the fucker out with your ball and chain.

NuDoom ties one of the rock tracks to the machine gun.

Now I want an FPS that has the music change for every music.

God damn has any game done this? It's gold.

For every weapon*
God damn I'm typo heavy today.

That sounds pretty rad.
If I remember, it only plays when you're firing, and the longer you fire, the louder it gets.

As someone who isn't so retarded that I need the game's music to tell when the boss is vulnerable (as if the 3D Zeldas didn't already make it as plain as day) I would say it was one of the most annoying things about it. And no, it didn't change at all between bosses, it was the same snippet every fucking time

It played when you were clearly kicking the bosses ass, usually towards the end of the fight in the final stages after you already knew its weakness. I don't know where you're getting that idea from.

It was usually the same instruments but it was incorporated into the song well. The tempo's, and texture are often different. why do you hate fun user?

Forgot the embed. God damn I'm spaghetti today.

Agreed, friend. Dynamic soundtracks are so overrated. That's why my favorite is Phantom Hourglass. And who really needs more than a single track for dungeons, bossfights and story events? Less is more!