Counter-Shill Workshop Info/Discussion Thread

RULES:
-Discuss the issue of shilling, specifically as it pertains to vidya (keep it Holla Forums related) including why it's bad, how it works and how we can stop them.
-Post infographics/screenshots/other evidence that exemplifies and exposes shills shilling. Everyone should save these for future reference.
-If you want to get creative, make your own shill memes and post them. Creating anti-shill memes is the single most helpful thing one can do to save vidya from their insidious influence right now.

Are you fucking retarded?

by that logic God Hand is still getting shilled almost a decade after the fact

You are one stupid nigger user

It's true though. Go into a DBXV2 thread sometime and try to say something negative about the game. Just try it, I dare you. You could write the most mundane, politely worded insignificant nitpick of a complaint ever about the game and at least 2 different shills there won't let you get away with it. They will argue with you for hours.

That's been my experience on multiple occasions.

There's literally nothing wrong with shilling. Undertale is a fantastic game that deserves more attention.

Are you talking about the typical Holla Forums style of "criticism" where people post a couple of short bullet points and call a whole game shit?

where the fuck are these?

No seriously where? I haven't seen much more than 1 or 2 threads since it was announced and the majority of the thread was either "I hope they fix the broken shit from XV1, but other than that I don't have much hope" or "Super sucks, Toriyama is a jew"

Are you sure you're not just confusing halfchan with this place?

Maybe you should scurry off back to there user

Yeah that's one I suspect received the VIP treatment as far as being shilled. No proof though, would be nice if someone else had any.

As I post from now on I'll try and attach random pics I have to start with.

Man, those shills from Troika Games are dedicated. They're still at it even though the company went under more than a decade account according to your logic

Where the fuck are these XV2 threads? I haven't seen a single one. I want to talk about how awful the XV1 servers are and how they better optimize the shit in XV2.

-Discuss the issue of discussing videogames, specifically as it pertains to Holla Forums including why it's bad, how it works and how we can stop them.

-Post infographics/screenshots/other evidence that exemplifies and exposes people discussing videogames. Everyone should save these for future reference.

-If you want to get creative, make your own videogame discussion memes and post them. Creating anti-videogame discussion memes is the single most helpful thing one can do to save Holla Forums from their insidious influence right now.

Indeed, you are correct: XV2 shills are from halfchan.

Shilling is a plague, a viral marketing disease that affects the entire vidya industry, user. It is a problem that transcends individual communities because in the end it affects all gamers regardless. I'm not saying halfchan is good, but it wouldn't be a good idea not to include examples taken from there. They get hit a lot harder than this place due to their relative mainstream popularity, so there's plenty of evidence to be found there that we here can learn from.

Seriously, kill yourself. Holla Forums is not your safespace. If you canĀ“t handle that your criticism is sometimes criticised then you should probably go back to reddit.

how about you use your god damn brain you stupid weeaboo faggot

I know you can't criticize anything PC gaming related on Holla Forums, or else you get banned

op is a child

This, there's a difference between getting called a faggot for being one and legitimate shilling, usually shills just try and shift the discussion to "You should tottaly buy the game user!" not "Fuck off user"

they tend to shift the discussion towards something else that it is "OK" to dislike instead.

go back to reddit retard, there's no fucking cred here

never go full retard, reddit

You don't understand, and you're strawmanning me there.

I have noticed a pattern involving DBXV2. Threads tend to pop up every so often, remain up 24/7 for a week or two, then compelely disappear for another couple of weeks and then it just repeats over and over. The threads are all formatted the same way, with a basic template of:
And like I said, they remain up 24/7 and don't go away until they autosage, as if someone was carefully monitoring them at all times to ensure they didn't fall off of page 10.

It just seems so transparent and artificial to me but I don't know why I bothered explaining this to you, I'm sure you or someone will just scoff and insult me for it.

For any of you guys ITT that don't want to be productive, then please leave. Nobody cares if you don't believe in shills. Go find another topic that interests you instead.

Who are the shills again?

Oh lemme guess,there's lots of Nintendo shills on here who are trying to promote games 10+ years old.

Op again, I am convinced that you are a half channer and that you need to go back there, I haven't seen a XV2 thread since maybe a month after the announcement

that or you are fucking insane, there have been next to NO XV2 threads here in the past few months, I can see that with almost absolute certainty.

Anything bethesda, every single time it turns out with half the posts defending whatever game is being talked about (except Fallout 4 apparently but I might be wrong)

It's not like you have the fucking word right in front of your fucking face.

Shit bait thread. Everyone who replies is a fucking moron.

you have to get out

Back to >>>Holla Forums

And this is a Dubs thread now, Check 'em

Probably because actual new info on the game is released every so often instead of a steady stream. Old threads tend to linger around if there's a Goldilocks zone of not enough to discuss but not enough inactivity for it to 404.

There's also not really many ways to start a thread about an upcoming game without looking like a shill. In fact every way to do it is arguably a shill tactic to bring attention to the game.

I still have yet to see ay sort of XV2 thread on this fucking board. I really can't see Bamco giving a shit about viral marketing it at all. It's a fucking DBZ game with OC's, shit prints money with the name and concept alone regardless of the actual quality.

like i said retard
use your fucking brain
do you really think people are shilling for a game more than a decade old
maybe you should think before you vomit your fucking stupidity for everyone online to see retard

Why does every thread doing so turns into a shistorm with a couple autists defending said bethesda game like it's their life or something?

Also why does all their arguments to call a game objectively good always boil down to

Coming back to Holla Forums was a mistake.
FUCK ME for thinking anything good can come from this board.

Surely you must have at least some knowledge of how utterly retarded that sounds.

I made all those early EDF threads.
I advertised for 4.1 4free, Im still posting on the generals, Im still advertising obscure/niche/good stuff 4free.

You cant stop me OP
AAA is all trash with some rare exceptions and companies like Bethesda and EA viral market on the internet like theres no tomorrow, including here

Your reading comprehension is laughably bad if you thought that was my point

Op's patented shill detecting technique says that any game you are not allowed to critisize, well try and say anything bad about God Hand here and see how that goes

It's a fucking retarded idea that doesn't work, that was my point, now fuck off retard

Once again, you are most definitly thinking of halfchan, the closest thing we get to shilling for Bethesda's games on here is toddposting, and if you're too stupid to realize that's just a meme then I can't help you

once again, check my dubs

rolling

All you've got is spam, huh?

might as well

Roll

why not

Re-rolling for lolis

Rollin

rolling

no

I didn't imagine all those DOOM threads on here and how they turn out exactly like that most of the time.
Hell the last Wolfenstein thread turned into an all out autist war for a half of it.

rolling

Hahahaha, faggot

Uh, who?

Don't even pretend most of the Wolfenstein threads aren't just Holla Forums and Holla Forums infighting with a little bit of /int/ thrown in for good measure, that is 100% of the time what happens to those threads

and in regards to Dewm we had a containment thread cyclical in which most people agreed it was average at best but otherwise not worth your money

It seems there are more shills than users.

Do you faggots seriously not realize that posting this shit keeps shit threads alive? All you do by posting it is make sure that some faggot bumps the thread every 10 minutes to roll.

In this topic, there are.

it seems like this thread is shit and its getting deservedly shitposted to death

Everyone but one retard has saged for their roll

rolling

What I never understood is the outright rejection of even a tiny possibility that people would shill on image boards. Is it the hostility that the community has towards most games? The self perceived obscurity of image boards? Being misjudged for having really shitty opinions?

That's the thing though that last thread i'm thinking about didn't have that or at-least it wasn't anywhere near the main focus of the thread

Which is exactly why we have a thread right now with several people saying it was worth their money.

He won't be the only one. I've seen people roll for hours and hundreds of posts and every few posts some faggot would be too retarded to sage and keep the thread bumped for like 8 hours.

Whatever i roll is objectively good

roll

hope i get something good

awoo

It could also be a shill tactic in itself. It's called consensus cracking where they basically aim to foster a false narrative.

You are "allowed" to criticize any and all games on this board. Make a post about a game, give your reasons for your opinion. Your bullshit definition of not being "allowed" to criticize a game is that other people will disagree with you and a percentage of them will shitpost. If you were banned for saying Cave Story is shit, then you'd have a point since it would literally be against the rules to criticize a game. The response to people disagreeing with your opinion is to engage in discussion, where they give their reasons for liking the game. The response to shitposters is smug satisfaction because they can't actually engage with your argument and are tacitly admitting that you're right.

As far as obscurity, I'd say an imageboard with ~2500 users is pretty obscure compared to halfchan. Holla Forums even had a sticky about redpilling all the summerfags that were sure to flood this site, but none of the boards have seen a surge. I agree there's a tiny possibility, but paid shills need to go for big targets to be efficient in reaching the most people.

Holy shit, how did you know

Intellectual honesty is the biggest barrier to entry for image boards. These niggers cannot go back on their opinions or they'll feel real bad, so they force everyone else to live with theirs. 16 pages of content and they can't say their piece and go quietly.

It's an insurgency at this point. They're all so hostile it's beyond shilling. Almost like they want to claim the entire site for their autism.

How many platforms get thousands of interested eyes on your shit for free? I'd personally hit all the chans if I were shilling. It would only take a few copy-pastes and captchas. I could keep them up 24/7 with little effort.

All it takes is knowledge of this place by interested parties, and given our news coverage and direct links, I wouldn't call it a little possibility.

Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Instagram, and even 4chan get millions of interested eyes on your shit for free. Sure, being thorough is a good policy, but the objective here is to increase sales. Is a maximum of 2,500 sales going to determine the success or failure of a game made by a company that can afford to pay shills?

You're right that hitting all every imageboard wouldn't be difficult, I only know of around 60 different ones and I'm not sure how many of them have videogame discussion. I'm not denying that it is a possibility, but I don't think that the anticipated reward is proportional to even a little effort.

A bunch of phantasy star games allow that.

this makes it EASIER to shill because it's harder to COUNTER.
ffs, find the shilling companies and expose them. the lie only works when they can hide.
don't over react, don't call people that disagree shills.