MINETEST THREAD: BROWN BRICKS EDITION

minetest.net/downloads/

It's a clone of minecraft, but happens to be better.

It's free, actually moddable, and allows you to download mods while you connect. Plus, hotwheels had a little server with us for a while maybe a year back, so it's got the Hotwheels™ Sign™ of Approval™

Our server is at
catgirls.animebitch.es:30000
and it has factions, helicopters, technic mods, furniture, and other autistic assortments.

Hold E to sprint, you can craft 3x3 items anywhere, and inventory is I.

A few anons are working on fans and stuff, come check out what they've made.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14494
minetest.net/
en-minecraft.org/programs/1-launcher.html
classicube.net/
truecraft.io/
youtube.com/watch?v=EsBC-vF0ZeU
github.com/PilzAdam/mobs/wiki
wiki.minetest.net/Biomes
github.com/minetest/minetest/blob/e8a3d22/client/shaders/nodes_shader/opengl_fragment.glsl#L211
wiki.minetest.net/Controls
youtube.com/watch?v=fboXaOSY9LY
oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/lie
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14801
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14302
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2041
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12094
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14926
github.com/shamoanjac/factions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FIRST XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

What the fuck is that third pic? Is it canon?

yes

Look at this:
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14494

Please just install this and reset the world.

blocks r 4 gays

+1

;^)

Just got it installed.

Well fuck, 1+ then shit looks nice

Why did Notch ruin everything?

bamp.

no dating

some rules are meant to be broken.

;)

DIS GUN B GUD

the fuck? never had this before

you forgot your password mang :^)

+1

because

Oh boy I hope my toaster can handle this one!

With the right settings I managed to get up to a silky smooth 24 FPS on a netbook running Windows XP.

Our nice advanced base on the
new map

shiiiiiiiieeeeeeet

that looks super comfy.

Is there a reason I can't break trees in the new map? It seems like I can break everything else.

Jokes on you, I jerk off to everything.

FINLAND WILL RISE AGAIN

you need an axe.

How do you make an axe without wood?

Collect dry shrubs and make them into sticks and make those sticks into planks.

sticks on the ground,cactus, bushes.

fug meant for.>>10319418

i need sleep.

what happened nerds?

benis :DDDD

Does anyone know what mod broke breaking trees, I want to remove it. It's dumb.

Why bring up Hotwheels when he was fully aware and negligent of the server issues before he made his vanishing act?

Sweet jesus.

THE NEW FINLAND IS RAN BY A NIGGER WHO TOOK THE NAME AND SOILED IT
FINLAND-GENSOKYO IS THE TRUE SUCCESSOR TO THE GREAT FACTION OF FINLAND
THE NEW FINLAND IS THE MACEDONIA OF MINETEST

Wait what
Who?

did serb crash.

does anyone have a of mods this server runs?

/mods in chat

they should be in the op's copypasta

Can the host check if caves were generated? I can't seem to find any. Last time there were several cave entrances sticking out, but in this new world there are none.

This
I've seen no caverns

Well there goes 40 hours of hard work and a full stack of diamond blocks down the drain.

hope the apparent lack of caves doesn't mean another map reset, id hate to lose all my work on this…

still no caves

posting on phone.

did the fags reset the map again.

yes, though I don't know why since the lack of caves wasn't fixed

Am I allowed to change banner without a faction, or not?

Wooden and steel banners are free banners, you can make them whatever.
To set your faction's banner, stand on a banner (wooden or steel) and do
/f setbanner
if you have the "banner" permission (by default, only the leader has.

Well, but is there any way to change the banner's appearance if I'm not in faction?

Left click with the banner in hand.
You cannot change the aspect of a banner which is on ground, you have to pick it up first.

They have a stable OSX build, have you or anyone you know tried it?

Sorry, I'm hetero.

That was uncalled for

Just installed this, is there an english patch or something I need to download?

Some user had the same problem as you with his language being set to anything but English. IIRC you had to edit minetest.conf.

Cheers user, fixed.

MAKE MINECRAFT GREAT AGAIN
minetest.net/
Open source Minecraft clone. Features modding API. C++
en-minecraft.org/programs/1-launcher.html
Good cracked client. Java
classicube.net/
Open source Minecraft classic client implementation. C#
truecraft.io/
Open source implementation of beta 1.7.3. Dead as shit and doesn't work on my machine. C#

feel free to copy and paste this around

How about a faction chat and a way of hiding your name from other players?

THIS TBH
xenos is a nigger

Which development stage had world gen like that again? I think it was indev or infdev, but I'm not sure because I first picked Minecraft up around version 0.30.0 or something (classic pre-indev minecraft, anyways) for only a few days and didn't bother with it again until beta 1.7.3.
This is unrelated, but I do remember after trying it again I took the WoM classic client and used the survival test jar file with it and connected to some classic servers and I saw mobs and shit and I basically had to survive a horde while everyone else just built shit. It was cool.

Can we have a star wars mod??? I want to fly a x wing and bomb the shit out of niggers and then kidnap all the bitches and use them as fuel for my deathstar death ray and blow up more noggers x–DD

Ok but in al seriousness, can we have the choppers fly faster/a plane mod or something?

You can't do this in minetest, it's actually impossible.

That's from indev.

How is it impossible to intercept the code for displaying player names and substituting your own?

The lua api doesn't provide any callbacks for hiding them.

Okay, well some ebin memer is purposedly running commands that make the server crash and agrecascino is not on, so there is no one to fix this.

rip server
2016-2016

Maybe someone should add the callbacks and make a pull request or whatever.

Thanks.

Holy shit, the memories…

"it's got the Hotwheels™ Sign™ of Approval™"
Being approved by a sellout isn't really a good thing.

I think the crashed are caused by opening some chests in these new dungeons

I don't even know anymore

Something broke pretty hard.

I don't even know anymore.

Something related to biomes.

HERE COMES ANOTHER RESET

I wouldn't mind since my Hobbit hole is shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=EsBC-vF0ZeU

What is going on

Everything is going wrong at once.

What happened

Sounds like Serbia was invaded by Croatians, and caused an environmental shift that made God come back and say "No." And remake the world.

DHSOGHNBGOJDBSGNfgjpidJ[M[oemt{]\[][\g[s;g\s;g\[;g
;
'g;
s;
kill me

Oh god not again
NOT ANOTHER RESET

What's out?
Whats in this time?

It's a test server you niggers, what did you expect?

This tbh. You can't expect everything to work after 72 hours of development.

Fucked up the map generation again

Whoever suggested the fun caves mod, kill yourself.

this tbfh

It looked great, how could we have known it was so buggy?

Isn't that from a minecraft mod or something?>>10328672
By messing around with it in singleplayer.

Just remove the fucking mod, if it did actually work it unbalances the game too much.

Also how about not moving 10km away from each other to settle in some shitty remote rocks like autists? I reckon faction wars in a city/town/village would be more fun than flying somewhere for 10 minutes just to get to the other base.

Instead of caves how about a mod that just adds hostile mobs that appear at night or something? To make things more lively.

Something like this maybe: github.com/PilzAdam/mobs/wiki

So I just downloaded the game, anyone mind walking me through how to download/install the mods your server uses?

You don't have to, the mods should download themselves when you join the server.

This, and also fix the beds.

Also, are stock dungeons enabled on the server?

Dungeons are hollow underground structures made of Cobblestone and Mossy Cobblestone. Many pathways and cobblestone Stairs connect a complex system of rooms. In 0.4.7, dungeons are not activated by default. “dungeons” has to be added to the variable mg_flags into the minetest.conf to cause the map generator to generate dungeons.

Source: wiki.minetest.net/Biomes

It would probably be better if the mod relied on depth to determine mob spawns.

Message to agrecascino from shamoanjac:
I will not be able to do anything on mods tomorrow since I'll be in the train all day. I've fixed a couple factions bug and made it a bit more verbose, there's a PR on github.

Also add
FUCKING MOUNTAINS AND OCEANS JESUS CHRIST THE MAPGEN DIDNT MAKE ANY FUCKING HELL

Add both caves and mobs and ill have something to do once im 10km away from spawn :)

ded serb?

post link to github repo

do you _REALLY_ want another map reset?

YES ONE MORE, THE MAP WE HAVE IS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

v5 or v7?

which one was the server running?
if it wasn't v7, then v7

Also, are we using Ethereal mapgen?

Yes, we are.

Here comes v7

can you fags decide on a map i'm getting tired of my hours of autism going to waste.

Starting is half the fun.

Mob Talker? I don't remember if the lewds were in the mod but there's a lot of them.

fug
well these fags set up a server: betalands.beastmc.com
remember no racism and sexism, this is a friendly server :^)

Pretty sure it didn't include the lewds, but that didn't stop lewds from arising on the internet.

WE GOT THE MAP RESTARTED, THERE WILL BE NO MAP RESETS BECAUSE THIS MAP IS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD. JOIN US FAGGOTS!!!

shit's timing out

will it stop the game from being boring and having nothing to do?
no
so stop it

is it just me or did serb died.

Right as we got a map we liked too.

Bugs are happening. We do what we can.

Okay, both times the server went down as I was using faction commands. (specifically /setspawn) Do normal users have permission to use that command? Is the crash caused by a permissions bug?

No, it is caused by me being stupid and not testing commands. It is fixed in the latest PR.

About permissions, they are tested and should never bring the server down, it'd give you a "You don't have permissions" command.

meant to say "message" instead of "command".

So lesson learned. Don't build towers out of duped items when a server is acting up.
I'm aware I could kill myself and save the hassle, but I don't want to walk back either.

server timed out for me, is it working for you?

is the current map good or are we planning another reset?

what do when chat stops working

best chan reporting in

hi 3 people and josh chan.

Can you guys make trees grow faster?

Make Bonemeal and use it on the sapling.

Why are open source games so comfy, lads?

because its filled with the brim with your autistic dreams that triple a and indishits game devs wouldn't dare make because it might alienate their audience making them lose profit.

Wow, the whole 6 people on 16chan? The same site that is led by an autistic faggot?

DED SERBIAN

Not like turning things into uguu moeblobs and then sexualizing them isn't a bad thing anyways. Could always use more lewd images.

Should really make a beginners guide/recommended mods list. Is there a site for mods at the very least?

Just check the Minetest forums.

IN OTHER NEWS
I'm making a Master of Magic mod for Minetest, would anyone be interested in testing it eventually?

Ooh, castable magic?

What kind of scope do you have planned for this?
Are you going to try to recreate the 4X gameplay in its entirety, or just the monsters, spells and whatnot?

I had actually never heard of Master of Magic before now. I am ashamed by my ignorance.

Is minetest compatible with ENB or SweetFX?

Or any shader packs?

There are very basic shaders from what I read, and they can be directly modified:
github.com/minetest/minetest/blob/e8a3d22/client/shaders/nodes_shader/opengl_fragment.glsl#L211

That's what I've got so far. It comes in the form of books.
I'm going to add in special book-bags, too.

Yes, I plan to have 4X-like gameplay. Probably just one city per player, though.

‎‎

FUCK YEA MINETEST! its just like minecraft before it became shitty! THSI IS EXCELLENT!

Technically, most open source games are also indie, bar shit like Quake.

Server seems mostly stable now

We're building a neat little city, too

Someone suggested wasteland after a certain point in the full server, and while I'm still not sure having no resources far enough out is a good idea, would it be more interesting to have ocean out there?

Have you prayed to your lord and personal saviour today?

God I love minetest, Fuck yes I love having a helicopter

Ocean would be nice. Would love to see people try to build their own stuff.

also flaoting islands

Someone said lots of moders put floating islands or the fucking moon up there because they have a lot of height available, wouldn't you want to fly your helicopter or meshnode there? Would you want to turn a flaoting island/the fucking moon into a meshnode and fly it around?

At the least with the ocean we could make Mother Base or whatever they build in Water World instead of whatever they build in The Postman or Mad Max. Makes boats not total shit too.

Bumping this. loads of anons having lots of fun right now.

what the hell did I do?

Is it an Apache?

You'll have to set it in minetest.conf

Did anyone else get disconnected after suddenly dying?

Serbia just got kebab'd, yeah.

It's unresponsive on vnc, and when logging in ssh, it fails to start a shell. Nginx still seems to be running fine.

This is weird to say the least.

I quit the game as soon as I noticed that the chat is silent and my stuff does not runs away when I build.

SERBIA WEAK

Alright, I was able to login through ssh, but things are REALLY wrong.

Logged in, found myself in a gray void. Something is definitely fucked up.

It seems one of systemds modules crashed, from the dmesg.

WHAT THE FUCK? I WAS LOGGED OUT?

-bash-4.3# dmesg | tail

[1301954.147600] BTRFS info (device sda1): found 1 extents
[1301955.864107] BTRFS info (device sda1): relocating block group 476066086912 flags 34
[1301956.787715] BTRFS info (device sda1): found 1 extents
[1301958.529307] BTRFS info (device sda1): relocating block group 476099641344 flags 34
[1301959.169808] BTRFS info (device sda1): found 1 extents
[1301960.211430] BTRFS info (device sda1): relocating block group 475495661568 flags 36
[1302165.402251] systemd-coredump[13379]: Detected coredump of the journal daemon itself, diverted to /var/lib/systemd/coredump/core.systemd-journal.0.6d8689e9391449699f5dbe6017b83d3a.13252.1470870858000000.xz.
[1302165.518092] systemd-journald[13382]: File /var/log/journal/b1ff3399d8280343a46e0815573c5c89/system.journal corrupted or uncleanly shut down, renaming and replacing.
[1302308.547961] BTRFS info (device sda1): found 5311 extents
[1302309.291831] BTRFS info (device sda1): relocating block group 476166750208 flags 36
-bash-4.3#
-bash-4.3# htop
-bash-4.3# dir
bin Music
build-tinyirc-Desktop-Debug Pictures
Desktop Public
Documents sqlmap
Downloads sssssssssssssssssssssss
hashcat-3.00 Templates
hashcat-3.00.7z TinyIRC
inst-sys tortunnel-0.3
libgd tortunnel-0.3.tar.gz
log.log.log Videos
minetest-0.4.14-2.1.x86_64.rpm Zomboid
minetestmapper
-bash-4.3# ld
^C^C^CC
-bash-4.3# logout
Connection to 172.93.111.202 closed.
THIS IS REAL

This is the most fun I had playing minecraft in years. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed artistic building. Whoever is hosting this is a based God.

I haven't even built my house yet. Should I expand the schoolhouse into a University or should I just build a giant dick?

And… It's back up and working fine, it seems.

server back up!

FUCK SYSTEMD

seriously what a hueg pice of shit

t-thanks pottering…

So Chinese hackers or NSA apparently got root access to the server. Left mid-conversation but suffice to say I'm staying the hell away until the situation is clearer.

Serb is kill?

build both

server down again. kept behaving as if it was crashing, but never did until now.

man blocks everyone when trying to block all of china

Why does this game run worse than minecraft?

all this being said and done it was lots of fun, and I'm definitely coming back again! just not tonight, I'm tired.

you mean the exact opposite right? shill?

Where is serbear?

It depends on what metric of performance you're using. It'll vary based on settings obviously, but for me Minetest runs with less processing power but uses somewhat more memory.

Also a Technic question, how do you grind coal powder for making steel?

Use a grinding machine.

if you mean carbon steel or w.e (blue ingots)
u just put iron ingots in the furnace

Can anyone use the server?

no

have you autists built a replica of a modern city with functional shit like power lines and a power supply system?

cast iron is by recooking iron

to make stainless steel you need to alloy chromium and wrought iron, to make carbon steel you need to alloy carbon powder and wrought iron. You grind coal by putting it in a grinding machine

Thanks, I never played Microsoftcraft with Technic mods so I'm still a bit confused about the more complex material system.

To banner user - can we have more "form-factors" for flags? Diagonal wall flags, vertical flags to hang on walls, vertical pennants, vertical Japanese-style banners?

I completely broke susefirewall

By the way, you need to power the grinder through an electrical network. Basically you need to connect a cable from your power source to your grinder and leave some space because you need to also connect a battery box and some other thing that I forget the name of. It basically keeps track of the supply and demand in your power network.

Switching station

Is the server dead?

servers down, please don't reset the map again.

SERVER IS BACK

oh god what

Yeah, we don't know who did it

Any news on the chink hackers?

wait theres a chink killing the serb ?

I blocked the entirety of china.

They didn't do any damage before you blocked them?

Okay, I'll admit that second pic is kinda hot.

I have a basic generating setup for communal use, the grinder will go up as soon as i get home and find some desert stone.

I already built grinder and put it near communal setup, you can just take it. You can also set up in big ugly building near it.

Hi, this is Shamoanjac, the developer of factions and banners. I'm currently on vacation (will come back home in about two weeks), so development will be slowed down somewhat. Vertical and wall-hanging banners are planned, yes, however, I will give priority to making factions work properly.

AUTISM

Is the server back up and running?

hello people?

Was working fine a moment ago, but I left to head to town.

Got the subway from the city to spawn dug out, but the road still has a ways before it's fully finished.

How do I lower the rendering distance on this game?
For some reason it runs worse than Minecraft.

startpage.com

how to change render distance in minetest

I know bro, its tough, I remember having to do it before but forgot how to do it. it was easy to find so dont worry.

once you change it, it performs a million times better than minecraft ever did.

May as well just post this for other anons.
wiki.minetest.net/Controls

sshhhh… you'll break the narrative.

what is it with these fucking shills? minetest runs WAY better than minecraft. minecraft crashed my computer constantly and lagged like a bitch.

minetest is sharper and looks better and more clear and has far better FPS, not that I'm an fps whore or anything.

monster girl mod when?

The day the town got attacked by a hydra.

as long as you don't refuse to play a game because "muh graphics" you're well within reason

Is there a list of mods the server is using?

ok which one of you fags did this ?

Build that at the spawn.

bump

I just want autistic magic, is that too much to ask for?

I'm working on it, fuck.
Hold your horses.

user

where is says address/port the port should just say 30000

but to the left you input the name.

catgirls.animebitch.es

so catgirls.animebitch.es (address) is in the slot in the left all on it's own

to the right the (port) 30 000 (30000) has a slot of its own.

you then create a name (you will always use this) and create a good password (you will always use this so memorise it)

and then you hope to God that it just werks

come join us. cashews is a vegetable loving fegget boi

Why is this allowed?

Make a swasticat

It's from the default mod.

Has faction wars on the server started yet?

No, 2 comfy

I like Talhee and m4mm0n

Is it possible to add a recipe that turns charcoal into real coal? Because charcoal fucking sucks.

Does sulfur even do anything?

It's possible.

GOD DAMN TERRORISTS

fugg :-DDD

let it be known for all eternity:
insani is a faggot.

who?

Neat

Is the server down again or is it just me?

im in it

Xenos confirmed for faggot

So shit is going down.

Sure thing TeeJay.

If he behaved like an autist then punish him for that tbh. Grief the shit out of him in return.

hue

I have nothing but two locked chests.

roll bakcs rolls backs everywhere

This is why people shouldn't be able to build anything outside their factions.

That's a bad idea. There's not really much of a point in enforcing matters like this when the server is still in a testing phase.

Do you like your map full of lava?
I'd say we enforce this especially in the testing phase, to see whether it really improves the quality of playing or not.

Well I'm actually the one who put all the lava there.
But regardless, I actually agree, we should put faction protection in to stop events such as what I just caused.
However, I think that there needs to be a balanced ground, in which it is possible for someone to take over others protected land, but by default you are unable to damage it.

is the server dead?

The current state of our world.

EVERYONE FUCK UP XENOS

just protect a 500x500 area near spawn so nobody can build there other than the people who own the "starting faggots" faction.

youtube.com/watch?v=fboXaOSY9LY

holy fuck this xenos guy is fucking autistic

so who is this faggot

Dude, I'm not even playin' with y'all, but it sounds like you're bent on ruining everyone's good time. You sound just like this edgy teenager I know who doesn't think games are fun unless you're "winning".

Perhaps look beyond the surface, and you might find your answer.
I played completely differently to now 3 days ago.

Woah, so deep, dude.

That doesn't explain why you're being a dick now. If you're bored, play something else.

Did I tip over your house or something?

It's got nothing to do with the fact that I am bored, in fact I find griefing fairly uninteresting.

No, I just think you're a faggot.
I don't even play multiplayer games.

This guy is fucking retarded.
hello reddit

You literally said that you did it 'first for revenge, then for self-defense (????), then just because it was fun'

So, I've only messed with the game unmodded for a few minutes. How smooth is the transition from heavily modded Minecraft to this? I'm used to playing on a server with 300+ mods and only a few people. Is it comfy? Can people ever truly adjust to not having Thaumcraft?

Then why do it?

fugg…

Fair enough. Regardless of this situation however, you should really try out the server, it's exceptional in quality.

None of those were my reasons.
A little bit butthurt are we?

Thaumcraft - like every other tech-tree mod - is shit. I had no fun with any of the tech-tree mods, because all they did was make me grind for materials, rather than add shit to the game.

Except that you literally said it yourself.

oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/lie

It was mostly something to do on the side for me. I spent most of my time playing with Carpenters Blocks. I never burnt myself out on it.

Mah nigga, that shit was ace.
I think Minetest has a load of really nice cosmetic mods. I saw wedges and slopes and shit in one of the mods. Want me to find it?

Sure. I gotta get back to work, but I'll check in on the thread in a bit, and see about playing tonight.

If any of you think about playing on this server right now you might as well watch some kardashians instead.

I don't know if I want to. I hear someone keeps griefing it.
Probably better to just let the server and game die.

Here's some angled stairs: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14801

Furniture:
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14302

More furniture and shit:
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2041

Building stuff:
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12094

More building stuff:
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14926

We SRB2 now

some nigger griefs the server again.

So much for a comfy server.

Xenos griefs the server and a shitstorm ensues. (Maybe we shouldn't be so close to spawn.)

That was one of the biggest issues I realized, you get a lot of toys to play with, but the majority of them are just to make grinding for resources easier, but you have to grind for a ton of resources just to get those toys, but not much added content until they finally added dungeons, and even then, while it was neat was still mostly just for obtaining mildly better loot.
The scanning mechanic and research mini-game fucking sucked. Scanning things is trial and error to figure out what you need to scan first in order to scan other things, and the research mechanic required either a cheat sheet or a rain man tier memory to know which aspects break down into other aspects to link aspects on the paper, all to prevent the player from immediately being able to make late-game items.
Then there's the whole alchemy system, which was fucked when the dev decided to make aspects break down over time in the crucible, and the fucking essentia tubes that could not intersect with different types of essentia, meaning you would need like separate essentia tubes for EVERY possible type of essentia.
I miss the days when it was just purple liquid vis and not 64 fucking multicolored fart clouds.
The arcane bore is nice, but just used to make resource collection easier, golems are another novelty just for making resource collection easier, infernal furnace is yet another ore doubling mechanic, and one of the most useful things that was lost to time was the teleportation rune that loaded the other end so it could render the exit in the portal.
The addition of the warp mechanic just made thaumcraft so tedious that it's not worth the time or effort, since other mods offer items of equal or greater ability for less bullshit.

hi Xeno.

meant for

Xenos is an sjw spy send to fuck with us because we kicked their asses in gamergate when they were crying "gaming is dead"

someone who needs to be banned.

Xenos is probably reading this thread right now and laughing at our frustration.

will the server owner not step up and ban Xenos?

No way to ban him for long, it's a free game, he can just switch ips

Oh dang. Some of that stuff looks pretty nice. If there's still a server tonight, I'll give it a shot.

Also, add Farming+ again pls

Because of this shit im probably not coming back. If we allow shit like this not many people are going to stick around all it takes is one faggot who tries to be shitpost king to ruin it all. Im not going to play on a comfy server to deal with drama starting edge lords.

trusting a random faggot from Holla Forums.

if it wasn't him it could have been any of us getting board and griefing everything is just a symptom of playing the game.

So, do any of the mods add enemies or creatures? I kinda want to do a farm and ranch.

Okay, Xenos.

Try Barotrauma.

For what it's worth almost everybody else hates Xenos' destruction (mostly because it's their stuff he's wrecking).

Are you retarded? I am the real Xenos, it's fairly obvious if you see the previous discussions in the thread.
I'm glad that I'm the new boogeyman of the server.

Indeed.

Picture related.

I don't know who you are, but chances are I didn't select your house on a personal basis. Also, I assume that I have no reason to remain loyal to you as Finland isn't even an active faction anymore.

i bet that fucker's coming after my dirt cave

oh shit it's the epic troll himself! and he has laughing anime girl pics everyone be careful!

We already understand that you are butthurt, you don't need to announce it in this thread.

what is it you think I'm butthurt about? I don't even play minetest, I just watch the thread

You really can't make a post where you don't sound like an ass, huh?

It's natural for humans to twist the truth slightly in their favor when recounting events, I myself am guilty of this, even in this very thread.
How does recognizing this make me sound like an ass?

It's not at all you recognizing that fact which makes you sound like an ass, it's how you do so and why. "subjective perspective" in that context is redundant, but that's not the only reason you sound like an ass.

Can you explain how "subjective perspective" was redundant in that context?
What other reasons are there for me sounding like an ass?

user. You're just feeding the faggot.
He doesn't give a shit. See: "I made it all up. I did it for fun."
Close the thread, user. Play some other vidya.

You're absolutely correct, thank you and goodnight.

You have my pity.

So it's impossible for someone to both have fun and to have a rational discussion?

>>>/reddit/

i need a sitrep on my dirt cave
is it ok
did my dirt cave survive
i had to struggle with minetest android's shitty interface for ten fucking minutes to create it

Well It took 2 hour to make it fully functional, but here I go, my base is now self-efficient. and only 4 items in it are made of wood.

I don't understand why you keep getting griefed, factions now allow you to claim plenty of land.

Since when? Factions have been broken for as long as I can remember.

Might as well take this chance and list the bugs in the factions mod currently:

- Creating a new faction and then using "/f" displays a "not in any faction" message, however if I type "/f who" it displays my name with (leader) status.

- Inviting someone into your faction is also broken - if they join it and type "/f who", they only see their own name as (member), and it's not even clear if they're in the faction or not. "/f who" always only shows yourself.

- Unable to build a power banner - requires some obscure ingredient "golden filial" which is not in the crafting menu. Without a power banner can't claim any land.

Give me the repository url of the mod, I'll try to fix it.

Are you basing that off the Minecraft mod? Because the Minetest mod is broken as shit. (/factions setspawn still causes server errors and kicks everyone online)

I didn't know about the golden filial, I'll fix it right now.
Found the error, it was a typo, and since Lua treats non-declared variables as being merely nil values, I didn't see it.
I have no idea why. It's most likely not a bug with the invite system, but rather with joining a faction, even though all three commands seem to work just fine.
If they can do /f who and see themselves, they're definitely in a faction. I'll look into it.

I developed 90% of the mod less than a week ago, so of course it is still buggy. I didn't know about the /f setspawn though, in fact last time I used it on the server it worked just fine.

For both of you, report errors, bugs, wanted features, fixes, etc. at
github.com/shamoanjac/factions

Thanks, please post in this thread when your fixes are committed to the server

Unfortunately, when the fixes are uploaded depends on agrecascino and not on me.

I hope agrecascino posts here when that happens then.

I see the recipe for the golden finial now in the source code, I'll try making it in-game later. No idea why it doesn't show up in the craft menu though.

How to set the image of the banner in-game?

I simply had forgotten to declare the crafting recipe.
About setting the banner image.
1) Create a normal banner (wooden or steel)
2) With the banner in hand, left click anywhere
3) Design the banner
4) Place your banner somewhere
5) get on the top of it ("inside" the pole), and type "/f setbanner" (requires "banner" permission in your faction)
Any power banner you place later will get that banner design. Old ones won't be updated, so you'll have to break and re-make them again.

Also I heard there's an IRC for this server, link?

Based, thanks, please put this in /f help somewhere.

We mostly talk about development of mods on #minetest (Freenode), but afaik there is no "server IRC".

Will do when the rest is fixed.

Hey, anonyma here. Can anyone take a snapshot of the city damage? I'm at work and I don't have the time to see for myself.

This is why I rarely use wood.

Also, does anyone know how to make a mod for mobs? Because it looks like the api only allows for blocks, items, and tools. What model support would it have if possible?

Long story short - everything is fucked.
He used TNT as well.

You can create entities with the Lua API (minetest.register_entity), so I guess that's how mobs are done.
Supported model formats are .x and .obj IIRC, they support skeleton animations.

nec27

THE ADMIN IS A TURD GOBBLER WHO WILL NEVER BAN GRIEFERS

current admin is a total tool and will let shitters like Xenos run free and ruin everyones shit with the excuse "create power flags, just spend the whole fucking game mining for expensive resources to puppyguard autoprotect your territory and take all the excitement out of the game because that will totally stop people like Xenos who used hacked clients to spawn lava and tnt everywhere.

have fun spending hours building wonderful things only to have it destroyed suddenly by douchebags who will never be held accountable for their actions

War. War never changes.

The end of the world occurred pretty much as we had predicted. Too many humans, not enough space or resources to go around. The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely human ones.

The earth was nearly wiped clean of life. A great cleansing, a TNT spark struck by human hands, quickly raged out of control. Spears of lava fire rained from the skies. Buildings were swallowed in flames and fell beneath the boiling oceans. Humanity was almost extinguished, their spirits becoming part of the background cobblestone that blanketed the earth.

A quiet darkness fell across the planet, lasting many years. Few survived the devastation. Some had been fortunate enough to reach safety, taking shelter in great underground mine shafts. When the great darkness passed, these mines opened, and their inhabitants emerged to begin their lives again.

I had a silver locked chest, Obviously it didn't work because it's gone now.

Fix your shit admin. Then again, he could obviously just made a new IP/Account.

Fuck it, I'll be a lone man rebuilding a dead city. If you want, drop off or take resources from the now-rebuilt Anonyma's Restoration Project building.

If he's using hacked clients, I'll ban him next time he's on.

Reminds me of when the Banana Republic got fucked and everyone abandoned the place even though the guy didn't destroy much, mainly just filled shit up with redwood planks. Then I was the only one who bothered to restore the Banana Conservatory or whatever.

Actually it looks like everyone's rebuilding.

Not bad really

Reminder that the ic2 clone is still being worked on.

Mods will fix it.

Yo Just, heli appear to be bugged, first the sound stop, then the heli freeze, you have to right click it again but doing so may result in you falling down and the heli gliding away.