NX's Release Output Capacity Compared to WiiU's

So with the NX most likely combining the handheld and console divisions of Nintendo for the first time- and assuming the console will get very little third party support like previous Nintendo consoles;

What would the NX's release schedule or output capacity be like relying mostly on all of Nintendo's game studios?

The WiiU had a lot of dry spells, but how much would the added release of titles developed by former 3ds studios do to steady the NX's release output?

Nintendo did invest in new studios a few years ago, probably for the NX, but will it be enough carry a console?

A man can dream

Well it probably wouldn't make much difference, people would just buy third party releases on the already established consoles. NX will answer the question of whether a Nintendo console can be successful with just Nintendo games.

This can only end really bad or really good for them.

they'll output mountains of dlc, that's why i stopped buying 3ds games and why i won't be buying this.

Nintendo has always been the couch co-op console to me, if they're turning it into an underpowered handheld then I have no interest in it.

Imagine a properly powerful Nintendo console that not only got third-party ports, but had Nintendo's first-party software too. It'd be an incredible sales proposition.

Then again, I've never owned a Nintendo console, so I guess it'll stay that way for another generation.

Yet another unneeded gimmick console.

If Nintendo would simply up their hardware standart, plus gimmick or not, it would appeal to all the big studios and devs, and the only console you would ever need would be a Nintendo console, since you could play both, recent games and Nintendo games on it. Everything available on PC PS and Xbox, except exclusive titles, would be also playable on Nintendo.

But no, nintendo makes another 2001 console, because those fucking Jews want to save the money and make more profit out of air. Fuck Nintendo.

No one will buy a Nintendo console because it has third parties on it, they will buy a PS4

I don't think so. They fired the old third-party relations guy. I think the new guy has been doing a better job and we might return to the Gamecube days where Nintendo didn't get ALL the multiplats. But still a lot of the good ones.

I'd imagine the output would look fairly similar to what's been going on with Wii U and 3DS, assuming that it is in fact one singular device Nintendo is moving to support.

Whether that ends up being enough for Nintendo, considering both systems were the worst selling handheld and console in Nintendo history [Virtual Boy excluded], we'll see. That the 3DS actually sold fewer units in the US than the N64 did is a big red flag.

Shut the fuck up.
Literally all we know is there's going to be at least 1 mario and 1 sonic game on it.

3DS sold tens of millions worldwide, last I checked.

There is such a thing as third-party exclusive you know. Those are the only games that get me to buy Nintendo consoles, but they have been dwindling over the years. I didn't buy a Wii U and I doubt I will buy an NX.

I'm pretty sure if the NX recieves third party titles they will be digital downloadable independent and middleware games. Though I wouldn't completely write off the prospect of taking a full Call of Duty game with you and having an instant wireless LAN party at a cafe or school (with analog aiming via gyroscope).

Also if the wireless dock has a big enough brain to render a separate video screen and handle I/O bandwith from four connected NXs then I can see couch gaming where everyone has their own screen via the old GBA/GCN. If not this then four people connecting USB or wireless controllers for couch gaming.

Glad the last third party guy got fired. Wii U and 3DS e-shop is mostly flooded with iOS shovelware and Minecraft clones. And even if Treehouse wants more Nintendo published exclusives you'd have to be insane to work with an anti-libido censorshit company who hires prostitutes for PR.

Nintendo wouldn't try to compete with two established consoles by releasing a 'rival' mid-gen, haha! Nintendo wouldn't make the same mistake twice, haha!

You see I don't believe they're going to do this hybrid thing. There is zero evidence that points to it outside of them merging their handheld and console divisions, which I'm pretty certain Nintendo made it clear that the reason behind this was to work on one OS. If their consoles are designed to make a profit and their handhelds are designed to make a profit. You'd want to streamline that at the very least for compatibility and just to make things easier. Why would you literally want to take one of them away?

It makes no sense to me. Everything else people have been saying has been just baseless assumptions as others have said.

Actually Nintendo released a 'rival' console practically when the generation was over. Hell, it was the fist 8th gen machine on the market. (If you exclude handhelds.) So in a sense they were trying to do the same thing as they did with the Wii.

The difference is now, we're actually in the middle this generation. And Sony and Microsoft are going to release 1.5 versions of their machines to try and extend the lifespan of it. People didn't buy a wii-u because third party's weren't going to scale their game's down to it, due to how much work it would take and how they saw the console selling. Compared to releasing it on Xbone and PS4. If porting is easy as shit on the NX, all they need is a decent amount of sales and Devs will port their games over just for the sake of it like they're doing with the Xbone.

I'll only buy it if they's any cuhrayzee.

(checked)
Nintendo has been a target for arm-chair market analysts. AAA's wants this so they can release poorly optimized multiplats. This would be fine if their games weren't so generic and shitty.

After what happened with Tomodachi Life, I imagined that NoJ just gave up.

The WiiU was a dry spell.

3DS has sold around ~60 million units worldwide. That's down from the ~80 million units the Gameboy Advance sold, let alone the 150 million units the original DS sold [which was likely an anomaly].

The drop off in what has at times been Nintendo's strongest market is a big red flag. It's a fair question to ask if there is a much bigger market for a dedicated portable game machine than what Nintendo reeled in with 3DS and also whether that market will continue to lose ground to smartphones.

Are those figures just the number sold to date, or from a specific timeframe, i.e. first five years of system life?

It's the numbers listed on Wikipedia, which I assume are total lifetime sales.

Still less than the GBC

user. Every fucking console has a fucking gimmick. How fucking young are you?
name a fucking game not a fighter or SM that used those buttons for an individual action not shared with other buttons.
Jesus Fucking Christ. I understand being angry over gimmicks, but you're full of shit if you think console gimmicks are somehow new to this gen.

Nintendo was making D-pads well before the Famicom.

doesn't make it any less of a gimmick. Considering consoles at the time for years used joy sticks, not d-pads. That's like saying vibration in controllers isn't a gimmick anymore because it's been in use for years.

Old image user. Just googled it and used it back then.