Disney PR outlets scapegoating 'Alt-Right' for Last Jedi bad audience review scores

Disney PR outlets scapegoating 'Alt-Right' for Last Jedi bad audience review scores

indiewire.com/2017/12/star-wars-last-jedi-backlash-alt-right-female-characters-1201910095/

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/12/20/rotten-tomatoes-confirms-its-55-last-jedi-audience-score-is-100-authentic/#63c4f2d04231
archive.is/aBZfA
boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&id=openingweekendshowdown.htm
openload.co/f/xOO9nlGGtR0/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collider.com
deadline.com/2017/12/last-jedi-dwayne-johnson-jumanji-zac-efron-greatest-showman-box-office-1202230784/
archive.is/hsiFg
forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/12/22/last-jedi-daily-grosses-are-swiftly-collapsing-the-worst-holds-of-all-9-star-wars-movies/
archive.is/LfVzx
archive.is/a1JMw
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars8.htm
deadline.com/2017/10/china-box-office-fraud-hollywood-studio-losses-mpaa-audit-1202181178/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yep, there was an article from tuesday morning by Forbes that quoted Rotten Tomatoes staff as saying all the reviews were genuine, shortly after the web started to get flooded by "alt-right" ballot stuffing conspiracy shit, even saw another Forbes story shilling the same conspiracy BS even after they published the original story debunking it.

Archive every ridiculous soy boy spin story you find

There was an user in one of these threads who admitted he was Russian, a Trump fan, and that he was running a bot to drop it's rating right here on 8/tv/

SOYBOYS ETERNALLY BTFO

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/12/20/rotten-tomatoes-confirms-its-55-last-jedi-audience-score-is-100-authentic/#63c4f2d04231
archive.is/aBZfA

"Scapegoating"? Na. We are to blame and it feels good.

Fuck off. Nobody rigged RT. It's damage control you moron.

Lost.

It's almost as good as when was whining on /sudo/ that CodeMonkey needed to restore Holla Forums in the first batch since it was one of 8ch's most popular board only for CM to tell him to shut the fuck up because 90% of their traffic was bots.

I can see the Disney® approved articles now.
"Rotten Tomatoes in bed with the alt-right"
"Is Rotten Tomatoes a white suprematist site? the truth will shock you!"
"Rotten Tomatoes is a nazi site, 5 facts you need to know"

Wednesday $16.9M LOL

Is that bad? Seems they already made 300mil and that's not counting overseas sells. Seems they are still going to break 1b.

Same origin dipshit. We created the argument that nu-wars was feminst/sjw trash and it finally started to get through to the bugmen, hence the low RT scores.

Or are you going to claim that TLJ was noticeably worse than TFA?

Why can't drumpfkins leave our hobby alone?!

HERO

Ahh the gift that keeps on giving.

It would be good for any other movie that's not part of the Star Wars main-story branch on a holiday week

But wait there's more

Well, TFA got $38,022,183 with a +1,8% increase, while TLJ decreased -16,6%.

boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&id=openingweekendshowdown.htm

/ourguy/

The hacker known as /ourguy/

This is it.

We've actually reached a point where a Star Wars film not getting glowing reviews from everyone should be considered news worthy and grounds for conspiracy.

JUST

Can you please just fuck off? That isn't the same as botting the rating. You're just trying to de-legitimize the will of the people. Off you go, kike.

This is it. The turning point for Nu-Wars. The Last Jedi title was a bit prophetic.

Haha get lost you little coward. The 'will of the people' didn't do shit when TFA came out. They lapped it up like a fat man at a buffet.

Obviously we didn't 'bot the rating', but we did infect enough of the mob to get some balls and vote it down. Same thing AFAIC.

Please OP, what south korean soap opera is this? I've seen it twice now and it looks both funny and cute.

FORCE

openload.co/f/xOO9nlGGtR0/

If Hillary was president this movie would be on top.

Holy shit, that was a surpise.

Yeah it actually was

I'll try shilling. It's a good trick.

Did any clickbait sites try throwing the "TLJ is too smart for audiences" card yet? Wasn't that a cop-out used in the past by directors? The "my movie wasn't made for critics" line. Let's reverse that statement by saying,

So like, I started writing this post as a joke, but then when I got the end of the quote, realized that they have actually been saying this.

Boy howdy, to be a fly in the wall of that marketing meeting.

They'll do that after it flops in China.

They both suck for the same reasons. What makes TLJ worse is that it is simply a continuation of TFA (you know like a sequel) and as such everything set up in TFA got worse:
> Shittier dialogue ("laser sword", millennial speak/jokes).
Every single disney nu-wars has been a giant” Fuck you” to fans or to anyone with any intelligence due to how lazy and stupid (they think people are retards) the writing has been. Also there has not even been one new MC or even supporting character that is actually likeable or memorable from any Disney soy-wars movie. Which certainly didn’t help disney’s soy-wars sequel after they ruined Luke as there is no other character that people genuinely care about still alive in TLJ.
The soy-wars movies are low grade garbage & mass produced propaganda for the lowest common delusional denominator ( pic related).

They sort of did already. Remember the shills that were pushing the "you have to see TLJ at least 2 times to get it".

If you are a White man then your existence is enough for them to call you racists and call for your death. Soy-wars actually goes a step further than that even and takes a shit on all males in their movies.

Hard to say, most probably would have still hated it but weak leader weak people.
Kang nigger brought us the SJW and if Hillary would have stolen the election she would have probably had several branches of the government devoted to pushing cultural marxism.

lol, seriously through
COME BACK GEORGE!

They did. They said audiences owed Disney at least a second viewing to finally "get" TLJ.

Bahahaha

Don't want to derail the thread; but was there any leaked evidence of clickbait organizations (ex-gawker sites) that had paid relationships with Hollywood marketing firms? Was there any smoking gun showing that MarketingFirmX paid GawkerReviewsY an amount of money to promote a movie?

This is what the score looks like when you don't pay off the critics

Jesus Christ

Never thought I'd say this, but our best bet is to get Seth MacFarlane to produce a Star Wars pastiche and cast Mark Hamill in it

Why he is part of the problem, probably would have Mark Hamil get cucked 5 minuets into the first episode.

Hahahaha.

Yeeeeeeees….

It worked for Hillary, why not Star Wars too?

Oh wait.

You know things are going well when you have to copy EA's damage control strategy

Are the Alt-Right like Jews for rich companies?
>m-muh Jews alt-right are responsible for this

Not at all, since Jews are the source of all the evil in the world.

It's like I'm living in Holla Forums's fever dreams, where there's a Nazi hiding in every bush just waiting to jump out and throw anti-typhus compounds at innocent passerbys.

The dumpster fire rises.

Its like Hillary's Kuru has infected the entire left.

Now I understand where the pig meme comes from

There's also a video of it sucking cock while making oink sounds.

TLJ is several leagues worse than TFA, fag.

Look at what you've done. Really take it in. Take a step back and look at this. You've managed to possibly ruin the destruction of Star Wars by letting the media scapegoat it on goons. On fucking reddit goons. This is something that you have now accomplished. How do you feel about that?

TFA was a shitty remake of A New Hope, TLJ has weird milk fetishes and fucking a fanfic-tier story.

Well if an anonymous poster on the internet said so, it must be true. Not just anyone can post here.

It all depends on how it does this wekeend

TFA made 49.3, 56.7 and 44.1 it's second weekend. So that's 151.1 domestically it's second weekend.

Back to your temple, Jew.

More like Jews for actual Jews.

TLJ is the only worthy Star Wars entry since the prequels as a film.

Stop trying to meme, leftypol. You do it about as well as you suck dicks.

Don't tell me you want to suckle the alien's tiddy milk

Cows are technically alien tiddy milk, you better watch it

Cows aren't aliens nigga
And most people don't fuckin milk cows personally and drink the still warm liquid

Thats why the alien cows milk is better than cow milk. Which if "cow milk" existed in the star wars universe it would still be considered alien milk to every single species that wasn't human

You have said nothing intelligent.

Did you see the force awakens and the last jedi in theaters? Million dollar question here mr. I have an argument

Why would anyone want to watch a Star Wars movie that doesn't have Sheev?

They slurp up soy from the packet.

collider shills are in meltdown over the 56%

what a bunch of homos

That honestly sounds like an insult a child would come up with.

Pretty great actually. Not only is the MSM managing to make themselves look dumb, give us free publicity and actually empower us beyond our actual reach, but they also disenfranchise the millions of people that watched TLJ and thought it was horseshit by basically calling them Nazis. It's a win all around, the Jews kvetch over the millions lost, the leftists kvetch about their propaganda not being well received and we laugh our asses off without actually having to lift a finger.

Who are these white trash cringe lords?
Are they popular?

Knowing the budget of tlj would be nice.

The lying press is at it again.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collider.com

There's a dubious source figure at $200M on wikipedia which I would disregard until a better source comes along.

The Force Awakens figures for comparsion:

+$306 million (gross)
-$47 million (incentives)
+$258.6 million (net)
+$175 million (marketing)
———————————
~$433 million (production+marketing)

What the fuck that guy who is swearing I've never seen swear even jokingly let alone full on rage. He was always calm and quiet. Even I liked the film and I wouldn't rage, I'd just call it kino

Kys

Nice so they're nearly definitely looking at a loss not to mention the damage to future endeavors by being shit film, I wonder if their profits get bad enough will they cancel all the movies they have planned.

smh, mayocide when?

No way it's that cheap. That would be the marketing budget alone, and you have to take into account the reshoots, the outrageous number of sets used for this turd and everything else. It cost at least as much as TFA, if not more.

Fucking Bongs.

If I understand the box office figures right, it's the gross of the ticket sales being reported, so the studio is only getting a percentage of those numbers. There were reports that Disney was demanding an unusually high 65% (USA) for TLJ when the industry norm is closer to 55%. So the domestic $278,710,009 gross so far only amounts to about $181,161,500.

wew

Looks like their movie didn't play so good.

Also, recouping expenditures alone would still be considered a failure in the eyes of Disney, to say nothing of how this shitshow hurt the brand. I wonder if they'll fire Kennedy after Han Solo and IX, which are likely to draw even more ire than this fuckup, and how they plan to fix Star Wars besides going for a full on reboot.

you can't fix star wars at this point user. It's been "we wuz kangs"ed, and "you was nazis"ed. It's dead, it's gone. Honestly I'm considering giving Star Trek a second chance

maybe thats what they were after a full reboot of the OT?

That makes me happy.

That is what an autistic sperg looks like.

The hacker known as 4chan strikes back

It's a fucking movie lad, calm down.

What it is with normalfags and placing so much emotional investment into brands?

Because they are empty inside and are nothing without their retarded brand name stuff.

This is why we need a world war….

Because "nerd cred" is a necessity to the modern normalfag.

They made Luke gay too?

So in the end the nerds won but the world lost.

True if you consider what (((nerds))) actually represent.

The first one was still alright

Nerds were wiped out and replaced by normalfags wearing GoT shirts. Everyone lost.

Not even the real nerds. All still just normalfags who redressed the word.

Are journalists really that dumb to blame an unpopular fringe political movement for a multi-million box office failure? Has it occured to any of them that most people don't like objectively bad writing and acting?

A world war would just retsart the cycle and further consolidate power in the top, what needs to happen is for the chain to be broken, killing the top might work.

Alt-right here, holy shit!

Or having unpopular, fringe, man hating marxist propaganda shoved down ones throat.

I think it has less to do with bad writing and more to do with making previous movies pointless. Even without the inconsistencies, shitty dialogue and asspull powers the entire movie is just shitting on everyone's expectations while pretty much telling the viewer to stop giving a shit. They just happened to oblige for once.

RACIST
NAZI
HOW DARE YOU
I CANT EVEN

Good, good, our dear leader Sam Hyde will be pleased. I personally voted over 6 million times on RT. I also plan to turn porg merch into lampshades.

$17.9M

The Damage Continues

deadline.com/2017/12/last-jedi-dwayne-johnson-jumanji-zac-efron-greatest-showman-box-office-1202230784/

The Flop Continues

archive.is/hsiFg

I sure hope jumanji flops

I hope it only does well enough to top the TLJ for the posterity. and the Rock is cool

Yes. The groupthink is real. These people pride themselves on being smart, rational, hard to fool, well-informed and well-educated, but it never occurs to them to question why they all think the same way.

You could sell porgskin lampshades tbh

This is funny, Anons.
I just convinced my younger cousin into NOT seeing TLJ, his church friends said that it was meh, okay, and too Disney-ified. I told me that's what the internet says as well. So, this conversation changed his mind.

Haha, stupid kikes.

I want you to get hit by a fucking car. Go away, for good.

'Last Jedi' Grosses Are Collapsing With The Worst Daily Holds Of All 9 Star Wars Movies

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/12/22/last-jedi-daily-grosses-are-swiftly-collapsing-the-worst-holds-of-all-9-star-wars-movies/
archive.is/LfVzx
archive.is/a1JMw

This is a serious concern, well-articulated, and in terms that normal people can swallow.

Official Star Wars ranking

1>3>8>5>6>4>2>7

Normal people don't care. The British don't give a shit Pakis are raping their own children in the hundreds of thousands, why would they care about this? Same applies to the French, Swedish, Germans, Americans, Canadians, etc. They're the Eloi, subhumans with underdeveloped amygdalas and no concept of self-preservation. They will do what their Jewish masters tell them to do.

Nobody cares about the movie, it's all about merchandising now and nobody is buying soy wars toys, like at all, even lego ones suck donkey dicks.

Fuck off retard.

Why buy Kylo when you have Vader? Why buy Rey when you have Luke? Why buy Phasma when you have Boba Fett? Nobody wants the nigger or the spicjew or the ugly chink goblin. They made EA the sole company allowed to make Star Wars games, and EA has done fuckall with it, other than piss people enough for governments to take notice and being introducing laws to take their cashcow away.

What Disney did with the Star Wars IP isn't even mismanagement, it's basically unleashing a Mongol horde upon virgin lands and salting the Earth, only that you're not doing it on purpose, you're just a stupid Jew.

17.8 yesterday.

I wonder who could be behind this post.

It's a shame it can only go so low without other competing movies to draw off audiences.
But of course no other film studio would be stupid enough to blow their release load up against Star Wars I mean cmon STAR WARS??

Which brings it slightly below $100 million less than TFA for week 1.

LOL

Suddenly it seems like this movie is running out of defenders.

How about not making a movie that killed all my interest in watching Star Wars? Rey will never be challenged or lose, she will never face hardship, she will never grow as a character because Disney are a bunch of chicken shits to ever show a woman ever being challenged.

Rey hasn’t even lost a limb yet. How can she claim to be the main character of a Star Wars film?

Like clockwork

W== ==E== ==W

she needs to lose her pussy.

Doesn't make it any better though.

And that's not even accounting for inflation.

It doesn't account for the foreign market AKA China and Europe.
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars8.htm

The rule with movies is that you have to double the budget to include the marketing, and knowing jizzney, they spent probably close to half a billion making this steaming pile of alien tit shitfuck.

Fucking love that it's collapsing, fuck jizzney and fuck grown ass adults watching this shit.

It's sad!

So Holla Forums, what do we do when TLJ makes less than AOTC even before inflation?

I'm not sure what the percentages of the takes are for the foreign box offices, iirc China caps foreign films at exporting 25% of the box office, so if the TLJ makes $400M in China, it only nets Disney $100M in the coffers

i came here to post this.

daisy's vagoo doesn't work, so that's somewhat already accomplished.

Oh? Is there a story here?

True dat

takes 50-80% of the takings, China usually 80+.

deadline.com/2017/10/china-box-office-fraud-hollywood-studio-losses-mpaa-audit-1202181178/

They won't be able to sell them apes.

That implies it's a singular entity. Pretty impressive for a literal boogeyman.

I saw that too and someone replied "Keep it up, Comrade! We'll report to Putin about our success!"
You faggots really like taking shit out of context.

Both of the films are terrible but TFA is at the very least a rehash of the original with a current year spin that takes little to no risks other than killing off Han, which Lucas wanted to do in the OT.
The Last Jedi is a meanspirited spiteful mess of a film that has shit that goes no where within its own fucking movie. The pacing is awful, characters do fucking nothing, characters do stupid shit that get their own fucking plans fucked up, a movie that doesn't even get Luke right, a movie that literally says "fuck the oldshit it's about the new!"
There's so much fucking wrong with it other than the two listed.

Wrong I think you really forget how pointless TFA was, you enable JJ

What is that.

If you're not with them, then you're against them.

Even if the movie was a success, relatively speaking at least, the merchandising is in the toilet compared to even the prequel era. There's been, what, like 2 games a handful of shitty toys no one likes, a book and a single cartoon so far? Even by ESB there was more fucking material.

I ~could~ see it being cheaper if they didn't have to spend as much time recreating "everything". Like, whatever props (digital or real) that could be reused from Force Awakens. Whatever digital models for X-Wings or Tie fighters, rank and file troops, and sound/visuals. I have no idea how to put a guestimate on those prices though. Filming at Luke's refuge could have been shared with TFA's budget.

Here's where we would need someone in the industry to specify what is actually costing Disney vs merchandise companies. For years, Hasbro execs have been brainstorming how to turn the company less into a manufacturer, but more of a "Collector of IPs"; licensing out to others reeling in the easy bucks. Retailers are the ones who suffer the most with leftover merchandise. I'm assuming Disney just licenses the rights to make whatever to Hasbro (with a certain collaboration on quality control and what to make; prolly sharing their Business Int with each other). Disney does have a stake in this if shit doesn't sell, but they're not the ones eating the direct costs. They lose mostly to opportunity cost in situations like this.

I'm sure though Disney's board of directors or whatever VP's and Bob Iger is going to summon a very nervous Kennedy to their board meeting for a dressing down if Rogue One, TLJ, and Solo movies all show unmet sales expectations. The worst part: they'll see how much money TFA made and likely demand JJ to shoot E9 exactly at the same tempo as E6. Hell, everything from this point forward might be marketed directly to kids; their top demographic. Assuming they can't please older fans past the age of 24, they might go full retard and write E10 to feature a cast of children.

LMAO.
OH PLEASE.
DO IT.
JUST DO IT.

6>5>4>3>1>2>7>8

MY

ALIMONY

INTO

HER

yes I hope nothing they try works and they end up losing millions to the point they give up on the franchise at least for a few years or sell it.