Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=9U7e_quvkPQ
realorfake4k.com/
imagecurl.com/viewer.php?file=27192666506967590711.png
imagecurl.com/viewer.php?file=59066064668881871297.png
imagecurl.com/viewer.php?file=73494188599185373767.png
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm thinking of getting a 4k tv but getting a 4k bluray player is retarded, just download the rips

Leon look better in 4k.

It's going to take 5 years for it to fucking matter.

Leon was remastered in 4K though, it's actually easier to scan the older fans that were all live action and practical effects to higher resolution from the original camera negatives. It's all the nuHollywood trash that relies on garbage CGI that was mastered in 2K to begin with.

That dog looks like a wolf

And 8k?

hooktube.com/watch?v=9U7e_quvkPQ

I don't see the point of going above 1080p.

99% of the video out there is 1080p or lower.

fam I watch everything on my computer and 1920x1080 is literally as high-res as I can go and still use bitmap fonts.

realorfake4k.com/

The fake 4K releases outnumber the real 4K releases, it's a farce. There should be regulations against this type of thing.

The rips don't always work nor do they have all of them especially HDR

All of these movies that came out in 2017, none of them reach 4K resolution.

Alien: Covenant
American Made
American Assassin
Annabelle: Creation (Nearly 4K)
Atomic Blonde
Baby Driver
Batman and Harley Quinn
Baywatch
Beyond Skyline
The Big Sick
Blade Runner 2049 (Nearly 4K)
Brawl in Cell Block 99
Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
Cars 3
CHiPs
Coco
Daddy’s Home 2
Despicable Me 3
Downsizing
The Emoji Movie
Fate of the Furious
Ferdinand
Fifty Shades Darker
Flatliners
Ghost in the Shell
Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2
Get Out
Harry Potter Collection
The Hitman’s Bodyguard (Nearly 4K)
The House
Iron Man Collection (Import)
Stephen King’s IT
Jigsaw
John Wick: Chapter 2
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
Justice League

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
Kingsmen: The Golden Circle
Kong: Skull Island
La La Land
The LEGO Batman Movie
The LEGO Ninjago Movie
Life (Nearly 4K)
Logan (Nearly 4K)
Mayhem
Monster Trucks
Moonlight
Mother!
The Mountain Between Us (Nearly 4K)
The Mummy
Patriots Day
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Pitch Perfect 3
Planet of the Apes Trilogy
The Purge Trilogy
Rough Night
Smurfs: The Lost Village
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Split
Suburbicon
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
T2 Trainspotting
Transformers: The Last Knight
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
War for the Planet of the Apes
Westworld (Series)
Wonder
Wonder Woman
XXX: Return of Xander Cage

Attack of the Clones has a max res of 1080p because it was shot on early digital camera iirc.

awooo~

There's still some benefit, normal blu-ray doesn't support HDR which can be encoded from 2K master, and normal blu-ray only uses 4:2:0 chroma (effectively 960x540 color data upscaled over 1920x1080 black&white image) while UHD 4K standard utilizes full resolution chroma. The wider color gamut in UHD produces shades closer to the higher bit-depth color channels in the master format.

To notice any of these benefits, or even true 4K resolution, you really need a sizeable screen in an environment where the surrounding light levels can be minimized or eliminated completely, and a calibrated screen or projector. It's a farce for normal plebs, most of the movies you're seeing at the theater are still produced in 2K, but they do benefit from the other features I listed above when presented theatrically over standard blu-ray discs.

The harry potter 4ks are new transfers for the first two alone and look amazing.

All that matters is how they look compared to the bluray. And the 4K with HDR looks more like the clarity you would have seen in the theater compared to the bluray. The fourth film even looks like a complete different film because the colors pop so much more than the bluray. People who actually review these for a living know way more than you do. The bitrate is all that matters.

If your monitor can't handle HDR these still will look grey.

Actually it's less than that. The camera had a Full HD sensor but the early revisions didn't support Full HD output (later revisions would upgrade this camera model, AotC is basically a glorified tech demo), the output downsampled the horizontal width from 1920 to 1440 pixels. The vertical resolution was 1080p capture, but the camera system used spherical lenses and did not support anamorphic lenses at the time, so to mask for a cinemascope resolution, you basically cut the effective resolution down to 800 vertical lines, the lines above and below discarded - 1920x800 = 2.40 aspect ratio. The format also used compressed chroma so the color depth information is compromised compared to the later Full HD output as well.

Those must be adjusted or SDR conversions because my monitor doesn't support HDR and those are full-color, but I know what you're talking about because I have seen the dull gray screencaps before.

Sadly AOTC will always look like shit. It's almost the same with LOTR almost

LOTRs graphics were done in 2K so technically any 4Ks that exist later on could possibly look worse than the blurays upscaled to 4K which still look solid.

Revenge of the Sith looks good upscaled to 4K from the bluray. The Phantom Menace looks okay in some spots and pretty good in other parts, the 4K will make it look better for most but then worse for heavy CG scenes like the podracing which wont improve the graphics but possibly make them look worse.

For me the thumbnail or when I open it in lenovo photo viewer its gray, but when I expand the pic inside this thread it goes to color.

I was going to upload some examples that appear proper from a torrent site, but then I realized they're each 30MB+ for a 4K png. I don't know if GIMP would handle the file right or not if I try to compress it, so these are urls for Crouching Tiger Hidden Tiger 4K HDR caps.

imagecurl.com/viewer.php?file=27192666506967590711.png
imagecurl.com/viewer.php?file=59066064668881871297.png
imagecurl.com/viewer.php?file=73494188599185373767.png

what the fuck is this color wizardry

Good question.

Wtf the first Potter didn't looked like this.

Is this a special edition or something?

I guess that's it because it was shot on film, as for the special effects they just render them again and paste it over the scanned film with professional photoshop, with 35mm film you could scan them up to 6K without much issue.
Man I just remembered how fun the first 3 Potter movies were.

HDR is also a meme for the most part
I'm a Holla Forumsfag and can tell you this 2D animation ISN'T on HDR, so that glorified sticker is for some "Behind The Scenes" content and "Cast & Crew interview", secondly, most digital cameras still film on 60fps at 1080p, framerate even CRTs can achieve so those "HDR TV's" @240fps are fucking ridiculous.
As for the HDR in Harry Potter, that was shot on film so is more likely that the higher framerate was implemented by an algorithm, but since this was implemented by a super high-end PC I guess it doesn't look half bad.
If you're worried about image quality there are two basic branches of TV, shitty meme TVs, and good TVs. From the shitty meme, you can find LEDs, LCDs, and the newest fag in the block the QLED. From the actually good ones there's, CRTs (Discontinued), Plasma (Discontinued) and OLED.

Fuck, wrong pic.

The first potter did look like that in theaters, but they did a new transfer

What are you blabbing on about, HDR doesn't have anything to do with framerate.

oh I get it now
… carry on

Some turbo DP who color graded Fellowship of the Ring frame by frame is the one who oversaw the new HP4K with HDR. He might have actually been involved with the Harry Potter prints when they were originally done. Apparently they look very very nice.

bump against goon spam

I don't understand.

We purposely informed him wrong as a joke.

Ok.