What would happen if all 3 video game giants collapsed? Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo, all go bankrupt at the same time...

What would happen if all 3 video game giants collapsed? Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo, all go bankrupt at the same time. What would happen to the games market? Would video games finally suffer the collapse we've been waiting to happen again since the 80s? Or will indie shit just rise from the ashes?
With this scenario being a somewhat huge possibility, it really makes me think.

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?view2=upcoming&view=parent&studio=sony.htm])
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everyone fucks off finally and it goes back to how it was pre-2007 with actual effort put into shit without faggots crying foul at every minor detail because it's not what they want. Anyone who tries to rebuild will take note of the fuckups and not listen to the faggots that caused it, or that's the hope anyway.

Then again, they're still making Genesis and Dreamcast games, so still is for me somewhat.

Golden Age

Don't make me laugh, user.

mobile games would take over
the only non-mobile games would be PC games

The Ouya would become the people's choice. :^)

How? Nintendo's still got that insane NES(t) egg, for one.

Microsoft, I don't follow closely enough to say. I don't think their hardware has sold great lately, but they're probably making mad dosh selling customer info.

Sony is insanely diversified. Their movies aren't doing well, but they're still mostly making back their budget (although holy fuck their upcoming releases include a Flatliners reboot and a fucking Emoji movie [boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?view2=upcoming&view=parent&studio=sony.htm]) and their insurance sector in Japan is still chugging along.

Sony's the most at-risk and even then, they'll just sell off their movie subsidiary.

why

because normalfags would watch it

It's not too likely for MS. They COULD withdraw the X-Box, but they still have the PC. They aren't done with gaming by a long shot, and they have money to last years regardless of what happens with any of their ventures.

Nintendo is unlikely to go out of business, but I think they are going to go into a troublesome couple year period. And then you have the Japanese economy, which is a wildcard.

The weakest in a way is Sony, since they've largely trashed their consumer hardware assets and are basically just Playstation and shitty movies now. While the movies are a problem, PS4 is doing well enough that they can keep their head above water. But if that changes (another "$599 US Dollars" incident) then they could be in some shit. And again, Japanese economy is a weakness for them like Nintendo.

Anyway, you seem to think the video game market = consoles. A 80s collapse wouldn't be triggered by these guys going out of business. That style is due to too much shovelware being foist onto the console market. They don't have that problem there. Indeed, the library of this generation is quite small. If anything, that's a weakness for PC market, but I'm sure a new order would be quickly arranged if that happened.

If the three companies went out of business at the same time, just to have a thought experiment here, I predict the following.

A) Consoles and dedicated mobile gaming systems are DONE.
B) Without MS, PC gaming goes into a chaotic period. Not immediately, as ironically Windows 10 is intended to be a very long term platform, so the need to switch to something different would not be a problem for a year or two. However, licensing and legal issues would cause those avenues to shut down eventually.

C) Apple would pretty much replace MS fully. I'd say 50-90% of the current IBM-PC userbase would defect to Apple in the cause of MS dissolution.

D) Linux will not make a major in-road in the event of a MS collapse, due to FOSS and anti-general public autism by the developers and user base.

E) Apple will probably heavily lock down the PC platform in conjunction with Intel. Good bye to custom PCs!

F) Google would get whatever Apple didn't. You'll have some x86 distribution of Android that makes Windows 10 look like a locked-down TAILS installation. There would be an eventual transition over to ARM devices as Apple consolidates the PC market.

G) Mobile gaming and general purpose usage over iOS and Android explodes.

H) DRM hubs (Steam, Origin, etc) migrate to MacOS, and/or Apple organizes something of their own for gaming. They will charge app fees on top of the software price, very mobile like. Apple also locks down third-party software that eschews their attempts to get sweet money off that app data.

That would be a short to medium term prediction if such an event occurred.

Because everyone in the movie industry other than Disney is desperately attempting to build a new franchise. That's why Universal is making a King Kong movie that leads into Godzilla '14 versus King Kong '16(?), why Sony put blatantly fucking obvious sequel hooks into their Spiderman and Ghostbusters movies, and now why they're making a fucking Emoji movie.

Disney's cornered the box office this year (so far, they have something like 30% market share compared to the 10-15% market share of the top dogs in the last decade) so utterly that there's probably going to be some studios shuttering in the next few years. Keep an eye out for Sony Pictures either going independent or getting bought out like SOE was, Lionsgate finally going bankrupt after another young adult dystopian movie trilogy flops, and Paramount to fade into obscurity.

We could be seeing another drastic change in Hollywood on the level of the 70s. I'd wager it'll be towards either gigantic cinematic universes and indie movies with no in between, much like the current state of vidya.

Literally nothing would change.

Depending on how they crash, things would change

1) If they go broke because people stop buying games, then what we know as mainstream vidya would pretty much be dead. Nobody else would invest in the industry and video games would mostly be back on PC and made by small groups of devs who are in the business for the passion

* If they all go down due to their own terrible fuckups but there is still a demand for video games, then some would most likely try to fill the void. Maybe Apple or perhaps Steam would put the final coffin in consoles

As someone who likes CUHRAYZEE, this would probably be a good thing. It'd suck shit if you liked shooters.

Hypothetically, I'd assume casuals, Jews, and associated cancer simply move on to other things. PC gaming, with Valve becoming the next big Jew, being the most likely destination for migration.

Given that there would be a power vacuum in an otherwise healthy industry, there's postulation that an outside tech-giant might try to come in and take advantage of the market - Apple, Samsung, and Nvidia as examples.

I can't be optomisitc at all, seeing as history is know to repeat.

the developers and the little guys would get fucked and the publishers would cut their losses, scramble and reform as something equally jewish

if mobile gaming weren't so big right now we'd see a new golden age in the vein of the Apogee and Epic Megagames era of the late 80s to mid 90s
but mobile's huge, so we'd see an orwellian future of paywalls and staunch defenders of shit products motivated by the amount of money they had personally invested

I'd cream my underpants

lol no

What if OP was a faggot?