The last airbender thread

Can we have a thread about this masterpiece? I'm rewatching it now for the first time since it originally aired and it is one of the best tv series ever made.

Pros:

However there are major flaws that, if fixed, could have made it a perfect series:

Cons:

Zuko and Iroh were the best characters.

Only season two and the end of season one were good. Also season two end was a bit underwhelming (everything happened too fast)

Fuck korra.

Legend of Korra >The last airbender

Fuck off e;r go back to making videos

anime goes on >>>/a/

Fuck off nigger

Along with Sakka and Azula

I don't agree with any of the negatives you listed. Katara was trained by multiple masters and has the avatar to train with. Toph is used to having rocks thrown at her in the arena she was the champion she was the champion in. Tai lee and mei were trained from birth to be the empresses bodyguards. This muh stronk womenz shit don't apply because they can be explained, for me anyways. Fuck Kora

I used to love ATLA, but the later seasons of Korra really soured me on the whole thing

Why would you even watch that trash? I could barely make it past the first season.

Well yeah that's all she's good for.

Remember how Aang destroyed Toph with airbending? She should have been destroyed by Azula and gang too. It would have made thematic sense because then her "im stong and independent and don't need no friends" attitude would have had to change.

As for Katara, it would have been far more interesting if she was just a mediocre bender ( but could heal really well!) and then came across the bloodbending which offered her the ability to turn into a superpowerful weapon of destruction but she refuses because it's not in her nature to inflict such harm. Otherwise bloodbending seems kinda inferior to just splooshing all the fire nation warriors off the boat.

The real problem with Katara and Toph being so OP is that it detracts from the value of the actual bending masters in the world (a small taste of what was to come with Korra). Two dumb kids can learn the bending ways and be masters at it is completely at odds with the martial arts philosophy. There is a reason Iroh is so beloved.

I think I watched 5 episodes. God did that suck. I have no idea what happens with the rest and don't think I want to.

I don't see Toph as OP as you described her I never saw her take Azula's gang on single hand-idly. Toph does change from a "I don't need no friends" to a team player in her first episode. She didn't need to get her ass kicked to show herself she needed allies by fighting Azula's gang.

Katara couldn't be a mediocre bender while being with the avatar, who is being chased constantly, she needed to adapt into a great bender to ever survive being around her boy-toy. Bloodbending was hardly a superpower with the crutch of having to be used on a fullmoon, also she doesn't reject it or embrace it she is forced to use it to win against the OG bloodbender, and even uses it in anger when she tries to find her mothers killer.

It's separated enough in tone, art style and story that I can delete from my brain when thinking about Last Airbender.

No, she changes after her talk with Iroh a few episodes later. It would have been a much better if she decided to be a team player because she is useless against anyone who isn't an earthbender, on account of being blind. It would fit well with the whole theme of friends being there to help you.

What I meant to say is that she was able to hold her own against a variety of threats that came at her from the air, including the acrobatic Tai Li and Azula, which goes against her entire character. If she had to rely on her friends to help her out in these cases that would have made her a much more convincing character.

What bothered me was that her bending was on par with Aang's, even though it was established Aang is more naturally gifted at waterbending than she is. Quite literally by the end if she went off on her own there was no tension because she could wipe out AN ENTIRE FUCKING FIRE NAVY BOAT SINGLE HANDEDLY. Boooring. When she got revenge on her mother's killer, i really liked the stealth part and the creative use of waterbending. That should have continued on the boat.

Her special power was healing, not fighting. Toph's special power was metalbending (because she could identify the earth elements present through sonar), not being the best earthbender evar!!!

My final point is that the bloodbending episode was amazing, but
1) it's awesomeness is diminished by the fact Katara is so strong already she could usually just threaten people to do what she wants without the need to control them.
2) she beat the witch at bloodbending even though the woman had years and years of practice at it. Once again she beats the master.

How the episode should have gone is that the witch demonstrates the power of bloodbending and then forces Katara to use it and teaches her its ways through what is basically deadly combat to Katara but not to the witch. Then when the gang rescue the villagers, she gives herself up, triumphant in teaching the last waterbender of the southern tribe a forbidden power to defeat her enemies with.

Sure she was less of a bitch but her simply going with the team on the first episode shows she wanted to be of help to the avatar.
Like I said before she has had rocks thrown at her since the beginning, just because something is flying through the air at her she can still sense what the persons movements are and can tell what direction things are coming from.
If she had to rely on her friends to help her out in these cases that would have made her a much more convincing character.
She only ever fights with the team at her side. Toph even fucks up and gets Appa taken when she is alone. Saying that she is an invincible character that don't need no team is taken away when she fucks up. Hell she does need the team because she is blind. I can't agree on her not being convincing when she has flaws and has been bending so well she's a champion in the earthbending Arena.
By that logic watching the avatar must be like watching grass grow because he can wipe out an entire navy fleet in Super saiyen mode

SHAMALAYAMAN DID NOTHING WRONG

The whole point of one episode was that Katara thought she wasn't a team player and was pissed at her for it. A good dose of whoop ass applied directly to the forehead would have been the perfect cure for such feelings.

By earth benders. She was acutely aware of where the rocks came out of the ground from and with a bit of timing she could counter. How is she going to know what direction fire comes from?

Because of the sand. If she were on level ground she would have wiped them all out because she can stand toe to toe with most powerful characters in the show single handedly.

Exactly. Her skillset allows her to counter earthbenders because she can feel where the attacks come from because they are earth based.

His avatar state was supercharged by that pissed off fish spirit. The avatar is the bridge between the physical and spiritual world so this made sense and it was a complete one off. Katara and Toph can do their stupid shit whenever they want. In Ba Sing Se the super sayan mode is subverted by Azula showcasing the increased vulnerability the Avatar state leaves on in, counterbalancing its increased power.

Remember: Zuko was trained from birth to be a deadly weapon. If Katara or Toph can stand against him single handedly, there's something wrong.

>>>Holla Forums

The first series was fantastic, also possibly the last non-pozz'd cartoon. Korra was a fucking chore, even though I did end up liking a few of the characters when it was over. TBH, if it wasn't for the updates on the characters from the first series, I likely wouldn't have made it through Korra. Still love the fact that Aang turned out to be a shitty father.

Well she could feel the heat, also she can sense which stance the firebender is making in what direction and what direction their fist is pointing and shooting out flames.
She has weaknesses though, so saying she is super powerful but can easily be defeated by not having the best possible situation for her actually means she is weak as hell, she's blind ffs.
Anyway it has been fun arguing autistically about this

When they are jumping around in the air all the time like Azula does? Not buying it!
so does Aang, never doubted this but those weakness are trivial because:
I really wish this were true. It would be amazing. However we quickly find out that as long as she is fighting on either metal or earth she's absolutely fine. Which is basically everywhere except for the one time in the desert. So it's not really a weakness for the rest of the series.
Indeed it has

I shall add a bit more unnecessary commentary on the end of this.

One of the most important parts of creating a believable character is showing their vulnerabilities. That's why one of my favorite scenes was when Aang was showing off in his usual way with firebending and burned Katara. She then runs away and cries and Sokka beats Aang up for hurting his sister. This was a very touching moment because it showed how powerful and dangerous firebending really was and how easy it was to accidentally hurt someone.
Later she then goes and takes out countless mooks who are all supposed to be martially trained in firebending without so much as a scratch. That shouldn't happen and made her seem a bit like a demi god.

What did he mean by this?

Goes on Holla Forums, bro

No wonder those little yellow monkeys constantly kill themselves, imagine having a whole nation full of worthless failures, who are upstaged by others at every opportunity.

Azula is the best character

agreed

DUDE SOCIOPATHY LMAO

Goes on Holla Forums, fam.

Big, if true.

I wanna rape Korra and ruin all her plans on being the avatar by knocking her up over and over.

if you watch cartoons / read comics in general, post this on Holla Forums. If not you can stay. From memory books 1 and 2 are good, third is shit, didn't make it for 4th (final) season.

Excellent quads. That game is in development by MindBreakStudios.

Thank you friend. I am glad I am not the only one to come up with such a fantastic idea.

Why didn't Zuko just fuck Azula like she wanted?

fucking your sister is not good for your brain

that explains this guy

blumfpt absolutely BTFO
but seriously we can't let this man get the nuclear codes