What happened, Holla Forums?

What happened, Holla Forums?

You started posting on .Holla Forums

The Wii.

removing more features and characters and replacing them with features nobody asked for.

Nintendo never made a compilation.

Nintendo.

I don't how Nintendo hasn't gone belly up yet ?

Gee i don't know, maybe it has something to do with the Wii making them enough money to make them stay afloat until the day you die even if they never release a single new console or game ever again, and now they've made a quadruple shit ton of money with pokemon go?

They thought

Also the new boxart for the 3DS game is a lazy photoshop from one of their spaghetti cans.

Hudsonsoft went defunct and Nintendo feeling sorry decided to hire the already washed up employees into a studio made specifically to make "Party" games. And because they feel they'll get executed if the game doesn't make enough money they think they can make it sell make implementing "muh fun" and "muh new" gimmicks.

While it is a pretty casual series, it was enjoyable and I actually am kind of sad to see it's decline. They could've implemented a lot better mechanics and nicer mechanics to the already existing ones.

Mario Party 1, 2 and 3 is still the king of mario parties.

patrician taste

Why doesn't someone else basically use Mario Party's formula? Does Nintendo have a copyright on it or something? Because even 100% Orange Juice isn't quite scratching that itch.

i had a sad cum

Reminder that Konami bought Hudson and all of their properties then proceeded to do literally nothing with them and leave the gaming industry.

If I recall correctly, one of the bomberman games did that on the ds

you could argue crash bash is similar, especially the "reboot" Crash Boom Bang!, shrek has done a similar product, the twins names of sweet 16 licensed to drive, spongebob has done one as well.

It's not patented or copyrighted at all.

Konami technically owns the formula.

Mario Party 2 is great. I've been playing it for 15+ yrs

Mario Tennis is also a great game

I thought the series took a irreparable blow after they ditched the thumbstick twirling cutthroat mini-games of Mario Party 1. The one used in the tug-of-war type of games.

Those calluses and blood blisters were badges of honor, man. They made the game better by enhancing the smug you'd feel after staking your body on the line and winning everything. Only then were you truly allowed to reign and lord over the lesser nerds you were playing with. That sense of satisfaction, that feeling of conquest, that was what Mario Party was all about and nowhere in all the games was it as exemplified as those fucking tug-of-war games.

Now it's all just namby-pansy shit where everyone wins, and even when you win for real, it was because of low effort mini-game loser shit. Every 'feels good' and every 'wins' so there's nothing to it. It's a hollow sense of fulfillment.

It was removing those manly mini-games that caused this slow inevitable death of the genre. It paved the way.

You know, looking though the MSX1 library where Hudson, HAL and Konami made their start, I realized they made a lot of really shitty games, it's just that Konami made more than one good game for the system.

Hudson wasn't exactly pitching a winner with MP6 and 7 but holy fuck is nintendo scared of people having fun

Way to prove you have no idea what you're talking about.

Mario Party? Shit…
Fuck Mario Party, aight? That aint no party. That's… pussy-ass party. Real parties, real parties gots, got some dro, you know… Sippin some syrup, aight?
Shit, you… There aint even one blunt. Aint even one blunt in that game, aight?
Man… Aight, what you got? You got minigames where you runnin on top of a ball - well nigga fuck that, aight! I aint even see one 40 there. Aight? I aint seen - I aint see no… Niggaz aint even playin beer pong, what kind of party is that? Shit… The mo' ballin thing about that fuckin game is that mushroom nigga. And you can't even eat that bitch.

The removal of Retardy around, what, 8?

Retardy stream when?

Actually, better/worse idea, why don't we make our own Retardy?

Mario Power Tennis is the best spinoff of the franchise.

Fucking special moves breaking the entire game in half be damned. That's how you make a fucking tennis game and make it fun.

They removed all AI?

So that's why I never saw a retardy stream of the Car games or 8.

PRIMA could be dicks sometimes.

Not Pokemon Go but their Handhelds have always been a massive success.
The DS in particular was even bigger than the Wii if memory serves right.

I liked Mario Party 9 more than 6, 7 and 8 honestly.
It's different, but the changes do make for a more fun party game.

There's a strategy guide for Mario Party 5?

Hack for MP8 when?

Does that surprise you?

7 deserves high tier.

Mario Party 2 is fucking perfection. I wish hudson soft was alive.

Online.

They fucked it up like any other Mario spin-off, except Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario thread then?

Why the fuck did you save that?

t. guy who actually made that tier list

They removed Chance Time. That's what happened.

It's always hilarious looking back at your OC and seeing what took off and what was only saved by one user who reposts it years later, bonus points if you see it on a board you didn't post it in.

Removing chance time is a crime punishable by star theft.

I don't remember why I saved it. Do you want me to stop posting it?

Making Paper Mario blander thinking he's fucking doing it a favor still infuriates me.

There is this, but it's been forever since I played it.

I've never played any Mario Party game outside of 2 and maybe another one on the gamecube

Nintendo forgot what made people like Mario Party. It wasn't just the minigames, it was the fun, backstabbing competition. Even 8 was alright, then they completely changed how the games played. Nobody wanted this.

Why not play other board games, which are more fun than Mario Retardy?

Hudson is kill

Mario Party was never actually fun at a party unless everybody involved knows the minigames by heart.

That's what practice mode was for. So you could practice a minigame you didn't know how to play. Sounds like you have shit friends.

what the fuck has been happening to nintendo lately? did their higher ups get replaced with clones or brainwashed? must have something to do with all that medical research bill gates funds

i want to fuck her in the mouth

Mario Party DS was actually good, though.

Rosalina happened

Anything Mario Galaxy touches turns into shit