Nintendo DMCA'd "Another Metroid 2 Remake" after nine years of work

NINTENDO OF AMERICA DOES IT AGAIN

the file itself is uploaded to this room. it expires in two days, so download, and then upload again.

volafile.io/r/7-LXsh

Other urls found in this thread:

metroid2remake.blogspot.co.uk/p/am2r-downloads.html
8ch.net/log.php?board=v
soronline.net/sorr_downloads.htm
metroid2remake.blogspot.co.uk/
drive.google.com/file/d/0B4QPDiJszBFieUVmYmZRVGxxdGM/view
seafoamgaming.com/2016/08/07/noa-isnt-your-enemy-regarding-the-am2r-takedown/
millernash.com/brian-t-sniffen/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/username/Cody/
disqus.com/by/disqus_axmw2g7mcS/
archive.is/9nmKj
boards.fireden.net/v/search/username/Cody "Mr. Nintendo" Edgeworth/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Star Fox/image/P9xC0qObj3mTIWxtYITmow/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Hating/image/XomeGKi_BK5ejbLC7rtu2Q/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Sticker/image/SsEpZKqeaFjvddRkrBGKcA/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ I love/image/E8IPTCesu7ryFdJJ_53x7w/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Metroid /image/DDZqSYsDbIDHCexMCK7otQ/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Metroid fanbase cameo/image/umaKWUkb6kGh0VeaMvKN8g/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ Completing/image/XR2Cb4uTXtEy0SXc9fCwqA/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Splash/image/GHO2a22gTau_zGRC2V2cGQ/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Amiibo scalpers/image/KLDXK3g_8rA5M5_G28-MlA/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Star Fox/image/3qs7c07r6S4zMxypdwxFqw/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ Splatoon laughter.jpg/image/W2fYOx5Yt3fphxyCTJU3Cg/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Fit vs/image/qljdnJwTIIcO-VB_f4bWdg/
disqus.com/home/discussion/nichegamer/tokyo_mirage_sessions_fe_review_8211_singing_mirages_and_tokyo_shenanigans/#comment-2816353760
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BASED NINTENDO

How does it feel to know there are people out there who can make your games better than you can?

Well, of course they're going to do that.

FINALLY

*Downloaded.*

Old Nintendo used to be fucking magical, they had shit like Mario, Eternal Darkness, Custom Robo, F-Zero, Metroid, Golden Sun, Advanced Wars, etc.

Nowadays all they do is make Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. They even flat out admitted it with the NX.

not even going to put in the slightest amount of effort, are you? at least make this fun.

but nintendo still a shit nonetheless. happy 30 metroid..

*fucking up this bad*

Tell them to host it on Holla Forums.

i believe that if they didn't take legal action, the IP for metroid becomes open and anyone can use it.

the sad thing is that they keep trying to get the normalfags and keep failing miserably. Unless the NX is a handheld hybrid like the rumors say then I'm not gonna bother, and even then I'm considering getting a Japanese version and getting a japanese dictionary

That's not how it works, dumbass.

Yeah because this is the first Metroid fangame ever released

No, that's how it works. If you let someone steal your copyrighted assets once, then it becomes legal afterwards.

8ch takes down content with a valid DMCA notice so that is a stupid idea.

Just post the torrent link.

Because Pokemon, Zelda, and Mario fangames don't exist and haven't existed since the 90s amirite

It's honestly sad at this point that the way the Metroid series will be celebrated officially is Federation Farce, this shitty spinoff game that looks worse than Prime Hunters which came out about a decade earlier on DS hardware.

I honestly feel disgusted I gave Nintendo the benefit of the doubt after 2014 with how I thought they'd turn themselves around thanks to Bayonetta 2.

You're retarded and lack knowledge on how copyright laws work.

I wonder what the user parents give their kids?
Since that's the audience they go for but Nintendo has burned so many bridges with the old fanbase they don't want to support Nintendo in any way, like giving their children Nintendo games and making them love Nintendo.

You're retarded and lack knowledge he was just joking.

This isn't bait, you're just retarded.

see

Joke's on them, the torrent has been out all day and I'm seedboxing this nigger forever

Godspeed user.

They only took down the Metroid Database host, not the developer itself. The links on the actual developer blog are still there, they even have a torrent on their twitter.

Nintendo can't even get the right person.

HAPPY 30TH ANNIVERSARY

now buy federation farce

fuck you nintendo, I already got am2r. only thing I miss is that now it wont ever get patches for the few bugs

Are you dumb or do you not understand how DMCA works?

So it's not actually down, it's just taken off the Metroid Database. The project's website is still hosting it.
metroid2remake.blogspot.co.uk/p/am2r-downloads.html

all kids want is youtube and minecrap. older teens want ps4 because "mature" games. now pokemon go is all the rage, and nintendo will start shitting mobile games like there is no tomorrow. I would not be surprised if NX is portable. Expect minecraft NX version with gimmicks.

We know, only the retards who can't read don't know.

I personally don´t, does he have a few hours to take it down or what? Does this mean no more patches?

I have both the rare copy of the game and the wallpapers!

No, you dumb fuck. A DMCA takedown request only tells the domain owner they have to take down infringing content or face legal action. It applies only to the domain the request was sent to.

it might get taken down from the actual site too

Thing is, normalfags don't play vidya as a hobby. Just a time waster. Ps2 console bloat was from normalfag dvd player. Wii bloat was from netflix normalfag machine. Since there is no normalfag gimmick for this gen they all sell like shit. There have been no real love put into consoles since ps2/gamecube/xbox/dreamcast era since the console makers main focus were just games. Now the attention is so fucking divided on non vidya software it's no wonder this gen is shit.

It's not like they can unrelease it.

It's more the sentiment involved. It accomplishes nothing except making people hate them even more, which is even worse when you consider the shit nintendos been doing recently. The fact that they would do it is so amazingly stupid that the only reasons I can think of for them doing it is a knee jerk reaction with no thought put in or they actively want to be hated.

If you don't protect your IP and let it sit dormant and don't fight back against infringement, then yes, it can enter public domain.

The key word here is "dormant". Nintendo has Federation Force and Other M within the last 10 years. Their IP is in no danger; they're just being assholes.

Wow, they completely ruined the combat.

oops

yup, normalfags don't even bother with video games. They just follow the crowds, they're literal sheep. It's the same reason GTA is so popular, they don't really care for the game. They just shoot people in GTAO with friends because its popular. Also there's the edgy element that both GTA and Mortal Kombat use to attract casuals via blood and political incorrectness. Normally I wouldn't care, and would even say that games like the Wii Series, Brain Age and Animal Crossing are good for the industry to diversify the line up. However when all of the industry is trying to attract this unreliable audience, then this is where shit hits the fan for me.

I think you got lost somewhere. Here, a shortcut to where you meant to go >>>/4chan/

My thoughts exactly, the game is out, thousands of people have downloaded it already. Nintendo is mind-bogglingly naive if they think people won't keep reuploading and sharing links.

Fuck them though.

They don't actually have a problem with it being released, which is why they always wait until the project is complete or nearly complete to serve them notice. They have to put up token resistance for copyright reasons.

That's true. I remember how Square-Enix smelled blood in the water over Final Fantasy Type-0 for the PSP having a nearly finished fan translation (and having essentially found the audience for them) and had tried to hit the guy working on it with a C&D since they anted to make money off that demand by making an HD version for the PS4 and XBONE that they'd actually bring west this time. Thankfully they were too late and he'd already released it a day or two ahead of schedule (which is also nice given people can play the game in some form without dealing with the official translation using tumblr pronouns and shit). Nothing Square can do now but try to limit places hosting the patch, but once it's out, it's out, and if people want to drop it somewhere for others to download, they're going to do so.

To an extent I think they knew about the project and waited for a release just to protect their own interests but still let the game exist, this is about the 3rd time AM2R has recieved major gaming press coverage. I also think this means Nintendo had 0 interest in ever releasing a remake of Metroid 2.

Something about moogles and xir

Oh fuck off already, you're doing nothing but complain about shit.

Thank you CEMU

I think the pronouns are secondary to the fact that an HD remake on PC looks worse than running the original on PPSSPP

fuck off reddit.

I got you.

Get the fuck out you unbearable faggot.

No fucking way.

transmoogles
courtesy of 8-4

Indeed, real channers use normalfag, XD.

Nigga, you really arent trying, are you?

You better be saying oops faggot.

Nintendo are the same soulless company that Sony and MS are. I hope this action proves that to some of you.

And nintendopes said this would never happen and that it has been so many years and did not happen and that nintendo was so much better than all these other companies.

tl;dr
I CAME HERE TO LAUGH AT YOU

Wait, is normalfag word filtered?

When did this happen?

Actually it had been predicted this would happen for months, just after the game released.

Nigga please, those are good games but more of an arguement as to why Nintendo should encourage quality third party cooperation.

REMEMBER TO NEVER BUY NX

CAUSE FUCK GOOK JEWS

Normalfag?

Believe it

Like months ago, man.
It kept leading to arguments like this, so it was filtered.

Japan is dead.

Oh, look at my quads.

so close

I was hoping and user with a kid would tell us what kind of games he gives his kids

The amount of shit faggots let Nintendo get away with is mind boggling.

Any other company and people are pissed, but when nintendo does it, fuckers are always there going "Well they have the legal right, but shucks does it suck"

The Nintendo fanboyism is real.

and no I don't want a pic of his kid and timestamp

I was pointing towards my other post, the one I was replying to.

For some reason "Mog" didn't cut it anymore and they decided to use Xe/Xir/Xhatever.

Pretty sure 8-4 wasn't involved, at least from what I can recall; it's certainly not on their wiki page as a project they worked on. Some other cancerous team.

nice

Happy 30th anniversary!!1

at least they were smart enough to not make a lot of noise about the remake until it was already realeased

You shit taste motherfucker, kill yourself. Are but a broken bottle in your asshole, while sticking teeth brush into your eyes.

Shieeet.

I'll be honest, I've been spending more time shitposting on Twitter.
Is this site finally stable now? The captcha is definitely better.

You can always just grab the PSP version with the fan-translation and play it with either an actual PSP with CFW, or emulate with PPSSPP.

Great Nintendo DMCA'd happy agian cause "MUH RARE IP"

Also I saw this coming a mile away with the DMCA
I mean they could have just made their own game instead of just using the Metroid series

I SAID. GO FUCKING KILL YOURSELF. DISGAEA 5 IS UNFUN PIECE OF GRIND TRASH THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ORIGINAL.

AND ONECHANBARA IS POORLY MADE WEEB BAIT FOR HORNY TEENAGERS

I figured that much out last year with that horrible E3 presentation.

Honestly, I think social media is the greatest thing to happen to developers and ecelebs. When they reply to people once in a blue moon they start to feel all buddy-buddy with the devs. Especially now that they dont hide behind being nameless devs in the credits.

I thought both were on PSP judging by the screenshots. It certainly doesn't look great for an "HD" re-release.

There's still some great games like EDF, but as with everything else you got to look for the good now that most of the leaders are shit.

yes its much better now that Ron's around

No it hasn't.

isnt that basically every game that comes out of japan now

It wants sjw audience, its pandering to literal muslims.

Welp, I might consider pirating Federation Forces now just to see how bad it is
WEW

user, It seems you are gravely mistaken, the one that should kill himself is you, your shit taste is terminal.

I'm surprised GTA is still going with how dull and unfun V was.

Go stick your penis into broken glass, you degenerate asshole with a mouth full of shit.

to be fair, the shooting and driving was a step up from GTAIV, but everything else in GTAV is worse

Holy shit.
Those absolutemadmen!
They actually did it.

*They actually didn't, but faf away anyhow.

this move is fucking retarded pr for them though

they actually did it
the madmen

That's from the MMO, not the remake, I think.

What do you expect, people will buy it just because it's GTA and nobody wants to feel left out.

Granted I don't know if people will still buy them now after how 5 probably left a bad taste in some people's mouths.

Damn, you triggered or somethin?

I hate to be that asshole, but nintendo didn't make pokemon GO.

But yeah I agree with you.

how about you you get a gas mask, and breath in some helium and go to sleep. You edgy underage faggot.

nigga i'm gon suck yo dick

Is it? Should have known, I didn't think there was enough bloom for it to be the PS4 version.

Why DCMA Metroid Database but not the blog it's actually released on?

Speaking of the game, Gamma Metroids are wrecking my shit and I love it.

I feel bad for the makers of the remake.

so much effort to get nintendo tell them fuck you in the end

I'll suck your dick

nerd

Im there to make it shittier.

Plus, its really surprising how much news hits there first. Media really does lag far behind social media, disgusting ego trap that it is.

What's more important I think are the fans that are enjoying what he put time into.

This is bullshit because the game was fucking free and the only reason it was made was because Nintendo is letting Sakamoto ruin Metroid.

But on the other hand I feel with this like I did with 'a Fox in Space' in that Nintendo fans have no idea how to be 'inspired' by something. Like so many of these fan projects are so great but eventually can reach a point where they are actually hampered by the fact that they are using Nintendo trademark characters and they could have so easily created their own original IP instead of letting Nintendo bring in their lawyers.

it will exist no matter what
what is important is that they got it out
the author will have won people's hearts while nintendo just lost some

I think they knew that was going to happen to them from the beggining.

What?

I guess I expect too much.

The one side of me wishes they'd stop buying it so that the series can be put to rest and sandboxes will be less popular

But the other side of me knows they've had many games which left bad tastes in their mouths yet they continue to buy it because "My friends are playing it!"

General rule of thumb~!

Well, only if you will be dressing up as girls.

They should always finish the product first, then drum up hype. They can then just leak it from anywhere and still get some notoriety.

God fucking forbid if someone makes a tribute to something they like, asswipe.

Thanks Japanese Jews

SJW spotted. Mark do your shit.

I wanna fug akarin!

Mods dismissed the report
8ch.net/log.php?board=v

"My friends are playing it" is one of the best and worst things that can happen. On one end it can expose people to lesser known games, but its mainly wasted today on AAA multiplayer shit, and even then anything is fun with friends.

I honestly wonder how many games these kinds of people even beaten, because I can't remember how many times recently I bought something on sale and uninstalled it quickly once I wasn't having any enjoyment.

Homosexuality doesn't bother me, but the crossdressing does.
Just fuck him with normal clothes, fagmaster.

They drummed up hype first, but Doc actually released it. It's too late for nintendo to do anything relevant but cry bitch tears since everyone already downloaded it. It's not going to disappear anytime soon.

If I lament anything is the fact that this can't take sales from federation force.

So having your work taken down by that company is a better alternative? What's there to even tribute when using their characters and worlds? Nintendo's not a story-centric company you do enough tribute by creating your own metroid-like game and stretch your own creativity by building your own world around it.

Yeah, that's why we left. :^)

Just keep calling him out and humiliating him, if he keeps it up then I'll consider it for an hour

Do you want to be banned for being an SJW?

Seriously though, go back to cuckchan.

SJWs are the cancer user. It's always ok to get rid of it.

Then why the fuck are you here? Fuck off.

Having a laugh?

Fuck off Mark, Don't you have a hamster to be fapping to?

pic related, youre both left and right

Oh my god. You're making this place a fucking shithole.

install gentoo you cuckold faggot

kill yourself

If they're going to C&D something made out of love and autism, why even bother making a fan game? That's retarded.

Now I wonder why you would need to hamfist this here right now.

Kill yourself globalist cuck.

Banning people for "SJWism" makes me uncomfortable not because I like SJWs on Holla Forums, but because it's a vague enough term that anyone could accuse anyone else of being an SJW if they wanted to get them banned.

That sort of witchhuntism is an SJW tactic and Holla Forums does not benefit from overzealous Holla Forumsacks copying their childish behavior.

I lol'd.

Get out

Feel free to make another exodus honeypot then.

It's their fault for thinking Nintendo wouldn't.
Just make a character that looks similar to samus but not enough to be sued and all this would have been avoided. But they had to label it officially as a metroid game like a bunch of retarded autists that don't understand reality.

Nobody's trying to use deliberately vague definitions to ban everyone they don't like. It's just huge faggots that are totally ban-worthy are happen to be like that so we gave them this general vague description, so that you know the type.

Also, leftism must be a brain illness of some sort.

Take a gun, put it in your mouth, and pull the trigger.

No.

It's pretty fucking obvious when someone here is a SJW, a leddit, etc. We would be free of them if the mods did their job here.

He wasn't reported for being an SJW, he was reported for derailing the thread with aggressive redtext spam

Are all of your reaction images from that comic?

Thanks Nintendo ;w;

Uh..

Yeah honestly, just seems like a sperg rather than a full blown SJW.

Theres tons of those faggots, especially the MUH REALISTIC ARMOR crowd.

Fuck man.
I loved Metroid II as a kid, even though I know it wasn't the greatest.
This fan remake is just about the best thing I could have asked for, especially given that Nintendo seems to be content to let Metroid rot.

It took 9 years to file a DMCA? Get it together, Nintendon't

he's also derailing the thread, I banned him for a day instead of an hour to tell him to go back.

I don't ban for opinions or the like, that's why we have smug waifu reaction images, to laugh and humiliate SJWs. They can post here, but we won't protect them. We'll just laugh at them.

Yeah. I just cropped them and wanted to immediately use them. also where do I find the original? Sadpanda isn't known for being up-to-date

Maybe it isn't quite the thread to ask. But how is the game? I remember last year a Super metroid romhack came out, Hyper I think?, and everyone was very hyped about it. I tried it and it was kinda meh to be honest. I never liked the supposedly great Redesign for (what could be considered by some people) the opposite reason, being balls to the wall hard.

So, what is the overall consensus for this project so far since release? I know I've been waiting it for years now, guess I fear my hype will be smashed

fucking called it

e621?

why

I haven't played the original metroid, but it's pretty fun.

Literally 3621.

Don't you know how reaction images are made?

It's comfy, feels like a Metroid game, at least 8/10.

The problem is that Metroid 2 didn't have a lot of sequence breaks, and this is pretty faithful to that

Seeding.
Nintendon't can eat a bag of dicks.
These devs are based and competent, just like the ones behind SORR. This how you make video games great again.
UNLIKE dipshits who were trying to make pretty penny off Battlefront 3.

On /furry/ they might all be crops, not everywhere else.

do you have a download link for Streets of Rage

Just for curiosity's sake, how many people are seeding that torrent?

This remake is legit better than the original Metroid II.
The difficulty is meant to stay roughly level with the original; it's an update, not a sequel for experts at the original.

Thanks for bringing up redditors because that actually reinforces my point. With SJWs at least there is a firm archetype in place that you can compare a poster's rhetoric to. I agree with that.

Meanwhile, all the methods for identifying "reddit" are pretty much pulled out of people's asses. Most of them are piss poor shibboleths about "reddit" linguistic habits that are wildly inaccurate and not particularly realistic.

For fuck's sake there was a thread recently where people called the OP a redditor for the style of line spacing he used.

I'm not a furry piece of shit.

That wasn't my point: You're a normalfag, everybody on this website is one. To use the term "normalfag" means you're trying to be a special snowflake on an anonymous imageboard.

Joke's just as good the second time

Thank god I DL'd the stuff before the DMCA came in. Never played a proper Metroid game before, but AM2R is surprisingly fun

I would like to take a moment to shill for this game, it's actually pretty good. It takes the best gameplay mechanics from Super and Zero Mission and blends it with Metroid II in a surprisingly well designed mix.

I miss the original's oppresive and moody atmosphere though, the remake's music failed to achieve the same feeling that the meagre beeps from the GB did.

Thanks. This gives me hope, I guess i'll give it a try as soon as I can. I remember playing the original M2 years ago but i hardly recall anything of it

I meant not all reaction images are badly drawn furry crops, read my original fucking post here
Of course like 50% of all reaction images in general are some kind of crop.

God, I love when this shit happens, and I fucking hate current Nintendo. These faggots wasted nine fucking years of their lives just to make a shitty remake of an already existing game using official assets and it get shuts down? I think I just orgasmed.

I'll avoid making it a third, then.

Underrated post.

For those who might not even remember GTA 5's marketing did even say what the game's story would even be about.

The name and varied content of GTA 5 was good enough to sell it to normalfags alone. The press/public didn't really get try it before it was released at an E3 or anything like that.

Could also have "All my kid's friends are playing it and I don't want them to be left out!"

As said by a parent with a child who is so short due to their young age they can't even see over the counter at the store of purchase.

I guess I'm stalled, how am I going to point out your bullshit now?

Oh wait, being a "redditor" isn't a bannable offense by itself so if you concede that SJWs are a clear target for mods then you have no ground to stand on

You can also thank the game bloggers like Shitaku that made articles about it getting the attention of Nintendo lawyers.

I'm amazed Nintendo didn't C&D them before it was finished, maybe they just didn't know about the project because they're fucking incompetent.

Should the AM2R devs made their own not-Metroid game to avoid Nintendo DMCA?
What if they make another game in the same vain, would you buy it?

Another thing.
The game includes plot and information, but only if you actually deign to look at it.
You will receive log notes as you progress and meet enemies; these can give you information, but you can ignore them if it's not your thing.

Calm the fuck down, I'm not banning anyone for SJWism. I only banned the other guy since he was trying to bait and spam this thread. While I personally detest SJWs, I won't ban someone for being solely an SJW. Will we laugh and humiliate them? Absolutely, however we won't ban them unless they're shitting up the threads. Also continue this discussion elsewhere, this is a metroid thread.

If it has the same quality (however unlikely that may be), I might just pull out my wallet.

Then again, I never played the original Metroid games, so I can't say to which extent the remake changes anything or adds new stuff

Off-topic question: will you actually be voting for Trump in the election, Mark?

Nigger it released and their main site is still untouched.

I love you

I wonder who could be behind this post

Mark can I marry into your family to get Jew Gold?

fuck yes, do you think I'm retarded enough to vote for Hillary

Even the Jews here are voting for trump because of his pro-Israel stance

Half my image folder is OC, I don't even remember what's mine and what isn't anymore.

I was wondering if you'd vote Green or if you'd even vote at all.
Jews are probably also voting for Trump because his entire economy department (or something like that) is Jewish.

how's your health Mark? You would tell us if you were dying, right?

That's him?! Damn he sure is ugly, no wonder he likes anime so much.

I'm not a cuckold user, I never even had sex with a women

my hair grew back, so no

Anyway lets leave the personal stuff in the vola, this is a metroid thread

It's ok when Nintendo does it!

Poor samus, she's never going to have a nice anniversary ;_;

Nintendo really can't do anything right anymore, can they?

The game is also finished and released.
There's no point in sending DMCAs anymore, it's already out there.

it sucks, sometimes I wonder if its for the best that Custom Robo is dead

Also, it shits hard on casuals while being fair. I would be pretty surprised if any of those faggots is capable of clearing some of the more difficult wall jump or shinespark item puzzles.

The point for this project and around 8 years of autism and developing was to remake metroid II, so Doc did the right thing seeing it to the end.
If he ever makes an original game I'm likely to be interested on it as he has shown he knows a thing or two about game design and also that he is capable of delivering a fun game.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:WSRDKO6UW6MDXT7RSBMHT3I5UDW6EG6R
or
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:VOPMN63TPZ563BXQT5UKHXFXLK6GMP4T

These games weight fucking nothing. Even if one person seeds it on 17 kbp/s, you're good.

Someone should do a remake of Custom Robo in unreal engine and then release footage so they also get an DMCA

The only real measure I imagine being implemented now that the DMCA is out is that streamers and especially youtube videos of the game will probably get shut down by Nintendo as well.

Granted, they would do that even if it was for one of their own games so that's not saying much.

I think they only DMCA'd the one website because it's a website that details the official Metroid games, and Nintendo doesn't want a fan project potentially getting mixed up with them.
That's the only reason I can think of for why they'd hit the Metroid Database and not the actual fangame website itself, anyway.

That's my point. By now people should know Nintendo pulls this bullshit, and it's such an easy work around to turn a fan-game into an original idea, all you have to do is change the names and boom! They can't C&D you.

Apparently the fag has a furaffinity profile. And yeah the last page from the comic went up 5 months ago, if you don't count that pointless front shot with a name tag.

Serves them right, they trusted a japjew.

ISN'T IT POSSIBLE IT'S THE FAKE DMCA GUYS AGAIN? ANYONE CAN SEND A DMCA

If your're somone who's actually been browsing imageboards for years, than you can actually spot those who don't belong. There are no "methods" for identifying redditors/goons/halfchan. They are completely oblivious of their posting style and words they choose, they stick out like a sore thumb, just like you. I know you can't understand and you know don't belong here so get the fuck out.

Aaand it would appear both links are dead currently.
Well you still can easily google up a bunch for filehosts. Game is under 300mb so you shouldn't have problem downloading it.

What, are they secretly trying to promote it or something by causing people to share the game more out of spite?

If they really wanted it dead they'd get some people to call the game's creators sexist or whatever. Or just post heelarious cherrypicked overreactions to the game getting taken down, to make a laughingstock out of the people against the takedown.

People on Holla Forums send fake DMCA requests every time an AM2R or Mother 4 thread appears, this can't be the first time someones sent a DMCA about AM2R.

Isn't it on the vola?

If they wanted to promote it, they would put it in the front page of the nintendo website.

Sega does what Nintendon't.

The difference is sega is desperate and nintendo is swimming in money.

Same with Capcom and Mega Man, since Corrupted is still alive and they had the fangame for MM x SF on their main site if I remember correctly.

Bring back dreamcast

Gas the sonyggers, nintendopes, and micro$hits; new console wars now.

They've actually made a comeback in recent years.

Probably not

I don't know how to volafile.
I guess this fan site should do. It even has versions for mac and linux, which I didn't know existed.
soronline.net/sorr_downloads.htm

Thanks for uploading it user, playing it now.

Also the game works great using Wine 1.8.2, for you linuxfags out there, no bugs so far.

Where's 2005 - 2016?

TOO LATE NINTENDON'T IT'S ALREADY OUT THERE! YOU CAN'T STOP IT NOW!
POST YFW NINTENDO GOT BTFO

Who honestly didn't expect this though?

I didn't even notice that image stopped at 2004.
I can't seem to find any that go from at least 2005 up until recently.

Anything bad said against Nintendo means you're a Sega fanboy.

It was a DMCA. I could have sent it for how easy that is. Now, if we see a cease and desist, then we'll know for sure.

What's surprising is that there aren't nintendo apologists with something like

test

Some men are too good for this world

Were I a Nintendo fan I probably wouldn't be one after this little stunt.

I feel like I'm misreading this

I used to think that Nintendo got really arrogant with the Wii U with its lack of advertising and everything but when I think about it more, it feels like Nintendo knew that it was going to fail before release after the lukewarm response the 3DS got from casuals, the lack of enthusiasm from 3rd parties and the rise of smartphones. The big wakeup call was probably the 3DS's lackluster launch. Nintendo probably got really worried when a DS superstar casual game like Nintendogs sold like shit on the 3DS as a launch title. They say that they wanted to get core gamers back with the Wii U but it's obvious that the statement was more like a haphazard Plan-B and they were originally going to go hard after casuals again but figured out too late that the casual market ditched them for mobile. It seems like instead of pulling a Sega with the Saturn, they just decided to take their lumps and support the Wii U for the bear minimum amount of years so that they could at least argue that they tried and hope to maintain some semblance of consumer trust.

This hurts my fucking soul holy shit

With someone like dennis dyluck or whatever his name was at the head of silicone knights, there's no way eternal darkness was going to be as good as it ended up being without intervention from someone else.

Also the devs of advance wars, Intelligent systems, is just another division of nintendo.

I'm starting to think this person may have a legitimate problem

Yeah, he still likes nintendo post-wii.

Makes me wonder why pokemon fangames never get taken down. Plenty have gotten tons of press in the past with no action taken yet the day this gets announced it comes down.

I wonder if due to the special licensing situation nintendo has with Gamefreak and the Pokemon Company that if nintendo actually is legally required to coordinate with both to send takedown notices and as such they don't do it as often

That's only a thing with trademarks, and it's not that quick/easy, you'd have to not take action for like a period of 5-10 years before a person would even have a chance to use genericization as an arguement in court to defend themselves.

What about the fan made Pokemon MMOs that got cease and desist?

I hope that Nintendo faggot drowns in a vat of drain cleaner. If Nintendo had half a brain, they'd hire those guys that did AM2R since they haven't put out a good game in the past 5 years.

You're being baited, son.

Unless I'm mistaken, Twitterfags should do what they do best and harass the shit out of NoA for an answer on whether it was them who sent the DMCA.

I'm not even a Metroid fan but I'm glad I downloaded it before Nintendo could be their usual faggot self.

Most of them don't use official sprites and tilesets and most Pokemon fan projects aren't fan games but fan romhacks, which are legally different.

Nearly every shitty Pokemon MMO fangame used official sprites and other assets meaning they broke copyright law.

Unfortunately, knowing GML doesn't exactly put you in a good spot to start making games in other engines and languages immediately. They'd have a bit of a learning curve before they could even do anything that would be put on a Nintendo console.

Oh I'm not saying he's not autistic. I'm just saying he's a different kind. The kind who thinks "Oh I'm such an ebin troll!" I've been dealing with these people for two years. I've seen it plenty. It's Goon "humor."

Now I remember why I preferred Sega back in the day. These fucking morons.

I would have agreed with you back in the day…but I have run into people with this kind of mentality.

the internet is a sad place.

He's right. The dev's blogspot where I downloaded it is still active.

That only applies to parody
Bait is pretending to be something in order to get a rise out of people, Poe's Law is gets a rise out of people on accident

t. master baiter

pretending to be a retard still means he's retarded

I'd argue that if the people doing AM2R had half a brain, they would have known that Nintendo has a history of aggressively DMCA'ing fan projects and should have just done some kind of tribute 'not-Metroid' game like Freedom Planet was for Sonic.

Test

Growing up with a Nintendo console like the SNES and watching them turn into this is suffering

Kind of deserved it

So you mean

So poe's law.

Poe's law applies to the situation, but not to the fact that he's baiting.

I won't even say I told you so

Has anyone gotten a PS3 controller to be identified by the game?

god those trips gave me a stiffy

THE GAME IS FINE TARDS

Question is why?
Unless they're tracking how many downloads the main website has (possibly to hire the guy if his work is "any good), or they just don't know he exists.

Still shitty of them to do it to a fan site- on the anniversary of said game.

I'll agree with you when I see a cease and desist and not a DMCA, which anyone can send.

Full house demands the question be answered.

No, the game recognizes male and female only.

I know. The only reason it probably lasted this long was because it was obscure. I think GameXplain doing a playthrough of it might have fucked the game over because it might have made Nintendo aware of the game since that youtube channel works closely with Nintendo.

You faggots brought this on yourselves.

If they made their own sprites it wouldn't have mattered, they'd still get DMCA'd

No, they wouldn't have, you dumb shit. You don't know what a DMCA is.

That wasn't my point, retard.

I do. Even using the name is grounds for a DMCA.

I had an NES myself. Good times. I can separate that from from the fags, but these dumbfuckers were lousy in Tendy fandom in the 90s. I thought they'd know better after having Sony and MS shove their shit in for 20 years but it looks like we still have a few stragglers.

And that's not even talking about Nintendo. They really should know better. I'm not surprised though due to how often you have ex-employees there bitching about them (or at least that's the case with NoA).

I think the important thing, DMCA or otherwise, is that they got the game out of the door BEFORE Nintendo said a word.

Once something is out in the wilds of the internet, the damage is done - Nintendo can throw around as many DMCAs as they like, but they'll never be able to permanently squash this now.

The dev posted a torrent for the game. Seed you seedy niggers drive.google.com/file/d/0B4QPDiJszBFieUVmYmZRVGxxdGM/view

That's not how it works. He specifically wanted to make a remake of Metroid II, not just "a game in the style".

It makes no difference.

Result: get DMCA, and the project is destroyed (fan game creators do this when they want to be noticed by big companies and add the work in their portfolio without putting in the effort to complete it)

Result: get DMCA but it makes no difference as it was uploaded and it will live on in the internet forever.

You don't know what a DMCA is

Sorry user, I already seeded today.

its been 24 hours since i last seeded
cutting down for the sake of my health

You niggers really don't know what a fucking DMCA is do you?

My DualShock 4 works fine via DS4Windows, I would think that a DualShock 3 with similar software would work fine.

You're the retard. Nintendo took down the Metroid Database site, which only hosted a mirror. The original dev's site and his downloads are still available.

Dammit Carlos

user, you're a fucking moron, I never disputed that.

You implied that Nintendo put out a DCMA on the developer, but they did not.

SO, VIDEO GAMES HUH?

How is the game itself? Just downloaded it and with 9 years in the making i hope it is SM quality or close to that at least

Just use x360ce, that's what I used for my DS2. Whenever a game won't use a controller natively I just try using it because pretty much everything supports the xbox controller.

I didn't imply that at I, I implied that DMCAs don't go after people.

DMCAs can't be put on a PERSON…

HEY, WHY DON'T YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET OUT OF THIS THREAD YOU FUCKING DIRTY SPIC.

Its really good.

When that user said they didn't go after the right "person" I doubt he meant an actual person, but merely the location of the content.

If Nintendo had been paying attention, they would have hit the dev site instead of a random fan site.

You would be typing "if you were someone" correctly, you retarded redditor.

I got it working. I was using BetterDS3, but I was using DirectInput, rather than XInput. Thanks.

Got to the first save point it seems really polished and fun so far

No, they don't. That's not how copyright law works at all.

No, I think he didn't understand how DMCAs work. Why?
Because Nintendo was RIGHT in going after Metroid Database (right as in, that was the most effective move, not that I agree with their actions) given that it's the biggest website with more traffic than the dev's personal website.

niggers

I guess that's a fair point.

That makes sense. You should have said that in the first place.

When? I only started posting now.

Sorry, I'm a faggot who can't into IDs.

I'd say you're alright for a mod but I wouldn't want to start the circlejerk that would inevitably lead to the inflation of your ego and the deterioration of Holla Forums as a result.

Why are nintoddlers the most autistic bunch of manbabbies to ever walk the face of the earth, nintendo is run by a bunch of old cunts who are creativly bankrupt and only exist do to the trait of autistic people to enjoy repetition.

Kek

seafoamgaming.com/2016/08/07/noa-isnt-your-enemy-regarding-the-am2r-takedown/

it wasn't NoA

it another dumbass lawyer taking down shit. and it's likely the same faggot poser who did false DMCAs on Mediafire uploads as some legalfag else.

That you are.

…So why do these random lawyers do it?
Also

Hows it a fucking conspiracy, if it happened before?
At best, its "oh, they didnt do it this time".

Wait, that article says that a lawyer associated with NOA did the take down. Who's to say NOA didn't tell him too do it?

take a gues

It's Brian Sniffen this time, not Jason Allen
millernash.com/brian-t-sniffen/

halfchan keep getting worse and worse each day i visit there (via archive) and there's already autistic crosssite drones from GAF and Miiverse coming into the place unanonymously.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/username/Cody/
pic related for reference

This fucking nigger

who the fuck names their child/family "Sniffen"?

Sniffen is a last name derived from Kniffen which was derived from Knueven

Dutch and North German (Knüven): nickname from knuffen ‘to push or thump’.

All uncommon names.

So its a butthurt ex-employee, why doesnt Nintendo ever come out and say it?
And surely, the employee realizes he's helping them more than hurting their reputation?

Holy shit…I've seen that nichegamer account of his.

It was a fake email done by someone else that time. Jason Allen didn't do it.

Might as well post these again (the image I have saved as part two already being in post).

oh, are we lolcow now.

Wait, why would Nintendo DMCA the site that mirrors the game instead of the site that actually hosts the game originally? For what purpose?

I'm guessing that's a common hobby in Portland.

see

It's sounding like a rouge lawyer.

oh man you have NO IDEA

he's a real fucking joke around

check out his shitty disqus account:
disqus.com/by/disqus_axmw2g7mcS/

he circlejerks on VG Facts with his butt buddies all the fucking time, btw

/cow/ knows about this guy, right?

You can do that through the Internet now?

It does seem a bit more legitimate now since Miller, Nash, Graham & Dunn LL have worked with Nintendo before
archive.is/9nmKj

Still, let's wait till tomorrow to verify the legitimacy of the DMCA

Holla Forums specific lol-cows of this delusion caliber?
Man, I got to post more on Holla Forums.

i don't think so

but i highly suggest you to go tell them about this retard

I'm not sure. Someone should start a thread there if not.

This seems pretty niche as far as /cow/ goes though.
Unless he has a Peach real doll or something.

Yeah, I'm honestly not real sure if he's just a rather overactive "Nintendo can do no wrong" shill (and halfchan has a lot of shills these days to my knowledge) or an actual Nintendo obsessed autist. Still, it might warrant some more digging, and I think /cow/ might have a thread about potential lolcows to investigate (to keep that sort of thing to a single thread until they can decide on if someone counts).

can't they just shit it out on a torrent site?

there is a torrent you dumb nigger

Having a profile called Travis Touchdown means he's at least manly tiers-tier.

just do it anyways

have a vid

he's a Suda51 fanboy, hence why he's so stuck up calling himself Harman Smith or Travis.

also
boards.fireden.net/v/search/username/Cody "Mr. Nintendo" Edgeworth/

i also saved this

MD5+filename links of the same autist who can't scrub MD5 data:
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Star Fox/image/P9xC0qObj3mTIWxtYITmow/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Hating/image/XomeGKi_BK5ejbLC7rtu2Q/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Sticker/image/SsEpZKqeaFjvddRkrBGKcA/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ I love/image/E8IPTCesu7ryFdJJ_53x7w/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Metroid /image/DDZqSYsDbIDHCexMCK7otQ/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Metroid fanbase cameo/image/umaKWUkb6kGh0VeaMvKN8g/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ Completing/image/XR2Cb4uTXtEy0SXc9fCwqA/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Splash/image/GHO2a22gTau_zGRC2V2cGQ/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Amiibo scalpers/image/KLDXK3g_8rA5M5_G28-MlA/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Star Fox/image/3qs7c07r6S4zMxypdwxFqw/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ Splatoon laughter.jpg/image/W2fYOx5Yt3fphxyCTJU3Cg/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Fit vs/image/qljdnJwTIIcO-VB_f4bWdg/

found something juicy

disqus.com/home/discussion/nichegamer/tokyo_mirage_sessions_fe_review_8211_singing_mirages_and_tokyo_shenanigans/#comment-2816353760

Some people confuse me. Like how brainwashed do you have to be to defend this total dick move? The dmca here can't be misconstrued as anything other than a dick move.

This actually makes me really flustered. We need to save these for rage/cring threads.

Are people really surprised by this? Did anyone think this would be any different than the Mario 64 remake or the 3D Legend of Zelda? This is why you always quietly finish the game first and then flood it everywhere.

Here we have a free remake of one of their games that's quite possibly better than the original. They see this as a threat to sales of Metroid 2 on the Virtual Console, of course they're going to take action.

For the people who think they're sticking it to Nintendo by seeding it on torrent sites, that's exactly what they want. They know they can't completely erase it from the internet, so what they want is to confine it to the shrinking ghetto of torrent sites. They know that anyone who uses torrents is also savvy enough to use emulators instead of buying roms on the virtual console. This is more of an attempt to get it out of the hands of normalfags who don't know shit about emulation, read about this remake on slowtaku and chose to download it instead of buying the original from Nintendo.

That is of course if they're the one behind the DMCA. When someone is offering a derivative of a company's work, they're usually served a Cease and Desist, with DMCA being reserved for websites hosting the actual original piece. If this was actually Nintendo, they would have more than likely sent the original creator a C&D with a threat of legal action. Chances are this is someone who's just looking to stir up some shit. Or maybe it was issued by the creator himself. One sure fire way to get more people to download your game is to make them think it could disappear any minute. After all, he doesn't seem very phased by this. That's me being a jaded asshole, though.

Does the people at NG even know that guy is a Prime Nintendo turbo sperg autist?

why do people even bother making nintendo fangames if they are treating fans like shit?

ey, what's the source on that?

How can any company be this fucking stupid?

Unless it's some crypto-marketing shit to increase visibility for them. Burn some of main company's reputation to make Metroid more relevant

try informing them about it

DAMMIT

It's a metroid fangame, more a fuck you to Nintendo than a celebration at this point. Like Super Mario Bros. X being better than Mario Maker.

I bet this shit will happen to Mother 4 as well.

ya think?

it's still funny how they only told Redigit to take down their site because it was in their domain. they didn't shut off SMBZ regardless.

afterwards he went off to do terraria and let his fans handle SMBZ themselves

Holy shit nintendo. Too bad I got a copy you chucklefucks :^)

Only fanbois did not expect this outcome, which was most of them considering all the times I had to fucking warn and argue with that this was going to happen

B-BUT IT'S BEEN NINE YEARS AND NOTHING HAPPENED! NINTENDO ISN'T LIKE SONY AND M$. FUCK OFF SHILL!