Sony has a 78 % of going Bankrupt within the next 2 years

WIth no mans Sky, Neo, PSVR flops guarranteed, does this mean they'll go under even sooner?

I'm going to give away something if they go under. I'm definitely celebrating in some way. The devil that has plagued video games will finaly be put to rest !

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-28/sony-reports-quarterly-loss-holds-forecast-to-assess-earthquake
macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/NTDOY--Probability-Of-Bankruptcy.
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostbusters2016.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_big_to_fail
pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2498427,00.asp
hdtvtest.co.uk/news/shootout-hdr-201608054331.htm
plato.stanford.edu/entries/speech-acts/
archive.is/17AUP
technobuffalo.com/2014/01/02/sony-has-78-chance-to-go-bankrupt-in-two-years-says-macroaxis/
doc.dl.playstation.net/doc/psvita-oss/freebsd.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No its Nintendoom just like people have always said. Sony is PERFECTLY FINE. And if you don't agree then you're just wrongthinking.

DELETE THIS

yeah reminds me of all these threads about nintendo being about to die

yay

i've been seeing threads saying "[company] is going to die" for like 10 fucking years now and it never happens

DELETE THIS THREAD

Sony won't die. Their gaming division is the only thing that makes any money in the company. If anything, the gaming division will cannibalize other sectors of the company that shit out movies like Cisbusters and Pixels to survive.
Sage for market speculation and not video games

When was the last time sony was at 78%?

The number keeps going up. Ghostblunder raised it 3% alone.

It's going to happen, it's a matter of when.

I'm pretty sure people were talking about how the shogun had no need for Hanafuda cards and that Nintendo was going to fold any minute now. Companies go down under when they go down under.

this is why they'll die.

I think if Sony's going to go bankrupt it's because of their other departments and not their gaming departments.

No. Chances are they'll just kill off all their other divisions and become solely a games company because that's the most successful part of their business.

all their other departments are dead. PS4 is the string that's holding them together. How long can they fool casuals into buying their shit console?

Casuals are going PC more and more every day.

they could just sell playstation off and be done with it. It's the smart thing to do.

I'm OK with this.

I dunno user, they do seem to have a better library than both Valve and Oculus

good

Yes goy, Sony are the devil of video games. We at EA are merely humble merchants.

have you seen how that turd runs? and all the wires and shitty accesories you need? Shit will run about 600$ in reality on top of having to own a pieceofshit4

ahemmm about that

Which is the same as the Vive and Oculus.
Except it actually has games.

have you seen these actual games or are you

a. easilly fooled by marketing
b. an actual sony corporate shill.

His chin really bother me. Why is two cylinders melded together?

How much money has Sony put into No Man's Sky anyway?

Also whatever happens to Sony there is no way the Playstation brand will be dying any time soon. It's the strongest gaming brand in th world right now.

The one you should be betting on ending it's console business is Microsoft and the Xbox.

I enjoyed the PS3, but the company has done nothing but wrong since.

I predict FF7 remake will be get casualized to all fuck, so they can sell it on it's reputation but "everyone" (mainstream) can enjoy it. Which will just sink the companies rep more.

I do hope someone decent buys the PlayStation brand.
Though it'd probably be EA if anyone.

Not good

I don't care for them but they're one of the pillars of gaming for better or for worse because they make consoles. If Nintendo or Sony or Microsoft actually fold and bankrupt then we're down to a "two party system" which hurts the consumer in general

Well I don't think microsoft had high hopes for xbox or even spent too much on it.

I better get Kingdom Hearts 3 before shit goes under.

I've seen a few. I'd never buy it, but at least these look like games or look like they use the technology in interesting ways.

goodbye shill.

Not everybody that has a differing opinion from yours is a shill

Noice

I'm saying they'd drop the Xbox and stop making consoles you fucking invalid.

Isn't Sony's vidya division doing good though? I thought they were basically the only part of the company making money.

Wouldn't they survive in one form or another even if the rest of the company died?

Perfect, I expected over 10 years for it to happen. I will drink shitton of alcohol is they going to die that soon. I wish they took MS and EA with themselves though.

That's the problem, video gaming industry is nothing compared to electronics or movie industry. If anything, this is laughable because Sony was one of the most successful corporations in the world and now no one is buying their shitty electronics products just like no one is watching their horrible movies.

The only reason why PS4 is still a thing is because MS killed themselves with Xboner, West is Sony's only hope right now and West is slowly going to mobile market and if Xbone didn't die PS4 would perform even worse, Sony themselves expected better sales for PS4.

Leaving console business doesn't mean death, especially not in MS case. Come on, m8, you're better than this.

Nope, their vidya division has historically been only a time part of their revenue, the only reason that has changed recently is due to their other divisions suffering hugely.

Sony lives or dies on smartphone chip sales, vidya is pretty much irrelevant.

The difference is the Nintendo death threads are made by fanboys with no actual data to back it up, however many financial commentators believe Sony to be near death.

Nice job wasting no less than 100 MLN on Zombie Goastbusters Sonyggers - and it's probably much more than that because the amount doesn't take into account advertising and the obvious bribes to all those critics and internet celebrities who said it's not shit.

I think Sony has a chance of getting better though. Aren't they having a Sonic movie in two years? Mario IIRC too, but not sure if it was them. Though I doubt I'll spend my hard-earned shekels on a Sonic movie which is LIVE ACTION WHAT THE FUCK

It's rumored to be closer to $400m once you add advertising and promotion.

They are. In fact they'd probably separate from the rest of the company since it's bleeding money.

Yes. Chances are Sony's going to become a games company exclusively like Nintendo

Who would do a better job with the Playstation than Sony?

I mean despite their bullshit they do some things right that I can't imagine any company following such as investing in some unique first party studios and funding some non-conventional titles.

If it were any other company studios like Media Molecule would be gutted and you could say goodbye to From Software contracts.

I'm okay with this as long as it's true

Z-score?

They would need to sell off divisions to pay back creditors and gaymen is the old division they could get much money for ATM.

If they do implode it will probably become the Google Playstation.

Ew..

I would prefer the Playstation division of Sony Interactive Entertainment or whatever just spin off to be it's own company and call itself Playstation. Much like Nintendo names it's consoles after it's company, Playstation would do the same.

The problem with that is everyone that Sony owes has to be paid back as much as possible, the court would force them to sell the gaymen division.

The only way this could be avoided is for Sony to split the Playstation off now and stay afloat for 5(?) years so it's legal for that to remain independent.
Not sure on gook law, it's 5 years here in Austfailure

I'd ask for a source, but it's probably some Pachter-tier "analyst" who doesn't know dick about shit predicting something just far enough out that if he's wrong, no one will care and he'll still get paid. And if he's right, he'll be called an oracle and start his own consultancy.

Sage for garbage, worthless consolewar bait thread.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-28/sony-reports-quarterly-loss-holds-forecast-to-assess-earthquake

I'd rather see the series kept dead by sony rather than fucked up even worse by "Someone"

What if the "someone" is someone who likes the series?

With Microsoft moving to PC and Sony trying to get users to stop playing on PC. You can see where this is going.

Console gaming will die and sony will go along with it. GOOD RIDDANCE.

DELETE THIS

And then user never replied in that thread again, and it was obvious to everyone else that he was mentally ill or paid. The end.

OP is a faggot, and so are you.

You don't think that profit could be related to the fact they sold their battery division?
It's easy to make it look like you are making money if you sell off your assets.

Their videogame division is doing fine retard.
they are getting fucked in the ass because they do shit like the new Ghostbusters

Considering Sony basically said "MOAR CISBUSTERS!" despite the flop i consider the idea that they would fire her unlikely, too deep in the nepotism, only way she is leaving is when SHE notices the sinking ship and scurries like a rat, rather then being kicked.

Or gets a better offer from some other company.

I said "or mentally ill". I also knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself but to reply, since your ego is tied to being right. You're a stimulus-response subhuman. Your replied has narrowed it down to definitely the second option. Thanks for playing.

And now this. I love current year.

Western countries*

You actually said that he was mentally ill as the first option and you also said he would never respond. Are you feeling well?

NMS isn't going to flop for the same reason Fallout 4 can't flop.
Too many day 0 purchases
from preorders alone I remember hearing that NMS was already profitable

Nigger, it doesn't matter how well the gaming division is doing when every other division is bleeding money and laying off people by the hundreds (Cisbusters really is the gift that keeps on giving).

Im pretty sure thats their movie division or other divisions

The video game department is doing fine other than that tell me when they fix their servers so they dont get hacked by le ebin script kiddies

DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT

cmon

I honestly think it is more possible for Playstation to become it's own business than for Sony to sell it off to another company. Why sell the one division that makes a profit for your company when you can break that division away from sinking ship that is Sony as a whole and make money?

macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/NTDOY--Probability-Of-Bankruptcy.

Consolewars go back to cuckchan

user, you do realise that OP's premise was that Sony' gaming division isn't actually that successful and, without it, Sony is kaboom? I know reading comprehension can be difficult for some, and for those I have a suggestion. It's pic related

The film division might get axed after GhostJusters bombed.

JUST

Hahahaahanahahahahahaha

Doubt it, when Sony dies Xbox will slowly die off because nobody wants to buy a shitter Xbox 2 forcing Microsoft to leave the console industry. Which will leave Nintendo the only console comapny.

I'm not laughing

Your mistake, friendo
More like
or, even better:

That image made me laugh pretty hard. I got sick of hearing about the Ghostbusters after a while, so I avoided the news on it. Is it really doing that bad?

Last I heard theyre running around an 80 million deficit. Not counting marketing iirc

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostbusters2016.htm

It just barely made back its production budget with domestic/worldwide ticket sales this weekend. It needs $500 million for marketing and distribution.

How many times has this prediction been made? Still has yet to come true.

Biggest flop since 2000, possibly even before.

Production budget was 140M (so just filming the thing, paying the catering to feed the whales, etc… NOT the marketing), US box office gross is at $116,711,936. foreign evaluation is at $63,000,000 (only movie to perform worse worldwide than domestic since the 2000).

And box office is just [number of ticket] time [price of tickets], it's NOT what the production is getting back.

To break even they probably need at least over 300M in box office (some people said 450M but it sounds high, unless they count pre-prod for a sequel in it).

They're at half that and the movie is basically already being pulled from theaters everywhere (it's summer lots of movies coming out, lot's of movies racking in money for the theaters to keep on).

Makes movies to pander to the 1% of ugly campus feminist that don't go to theaters anyway -> nobody goes to watch it.

Who the fuck knew?

Fuck off Nintenbaby!

Can confirm this,

I work for a competitor and we own 50% of the market share in tvs.

Sony is producing more and more terrible products every year in our sector and are pretty much constantly making a loss because of the amount of returns.

Is it bad that I prefer playing on my Nintendo and PC then ever going near a Sony/Microsoft system. After the Ps2, nothing really new was done and I just lost all interest. I still like Mario games and Zelda. I don't know, I feel bad that I neglect every playing on a Ps3,Ps4, and Xbox360/Xbone. Just doesnt seem worth it.

Sorry for blog post.

PS Vita is objectively better than the 3DS in every single aspect but the 3DS has Monster Hunter and the PS Vita doesn't and that's basically all that matters.

Someone, somewhere, has committed ritual suicide over Sony losing Monster Hunter to restore honour to his family.

First time in history communism does something right.

Isn't Sony too big to die?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_big_to_fail

The Vita would be perfect if it gets cracked open just like the PSP. Perfect emulation platform on top of having a great Vita/PSP library.

Pity the proprietary memory cards are a thing though.

Are we ignoring how everything but their video game division is sinking quicker than an elephant in quicksand?

I mean, their movie division is sinking really quick with nothing but cisbusters, adam sandler trash, and failed superhero shit. Their electronics division is pretty much dead. Do they even do anything else?

If Sony does go under, I can imagine the playstation brand off shooting into their own thing. No one who actually likes games should be celebrating Sony going under.

To be fair they did fire pretty a shitload of people from their Western movie division, and are threatening shutting it down entirely.

As for electronics, they can always pull an Apple, they just need some hipster status device to sell to the slobbering hordes.

Not really. The proprietary memory is awful, the OS they use is a hacked version of Jewgle's Android, and the back touchpad is the dumbest gimmick I've ever heard of and tried to use/avoid using. Two screens can at least be useful for something. If 3DS homebrew can ever give me a Tox client or an IRC client, I think I'd be set on a mobile internet device separate from my phone.

I can see people being happy that a company with shitty practices is suffering but I also want to see the last few games I was looking forward to come out instead of being canceled like Gravity Rush 2. Ace Combat 7 and KoFXIV are independant of Sony at this point so I'm not too concerned with those.

They wont. They have an aversion to success. Look at the PS4 which billed itself as the top video game console only to get countless movie games and shite thrown at it. Only worthwhile games are multiplats and even then they're just AAA watered down shit.

Celebrate good times COME ON !

Sony always wins, baby. Sony always wins. You can't beat Sony.

Sony has only made gaming worse. It would be better for video games if Sony and their sonyggers died off a horrible death.

They had to say that to save face. The same way Fox said there'll be a Fantastic Four sequel, or how Warners said there'll be a Green Lantern sequel

That's only because they created a virtual cult of corporate cocksuckers that'll buy anything Sony. Despite ps4 being a broken piece of shit.

You either greatly overestimate Sony's value or you don't understand how big "too big to fail" institutions are. Outside of banks there are only a few businesses that big a good example being GE.

Sony has contributed absolutely NOTHING to gaming. You're not missing out on anything iconic. Just another generic multiplat machine.

It takes time you moron.

How have you completely misunderstood what 'too big to fail' means, despite linking an article that explains it right in the first sentence?

They must have seen this and thought it was a pretty good idea

Noone can get a 3D sonic right for some reason. Im glad I was never a fan because seeing this shit over the years must have been extremely painful

Guys, SEGA is too big to fail.

Hoo boy, I remember watching this stinker

Shit thread. Sony has and always will make most of their money on insurance. Everything else they do is just their way of jerking off.

At least it can't be as bad as the Mega Man movie.

Elaborate

I hope it dies, not only because playstation has been shit since the last gen, they also force shit like pic related which flopped, surprising no one

>movies slowly start becoming better i fucking wish

Please let this happen. Sony was the worst thing to happen to just about everything.

If you think that you probably haven't seen it. Go and watch it, we'll be here when you get back

You just brought something up, Sony used to make top tier shit, especially screens (like the Trinitron) or made groundbreaking kit (a Sony Walkman isn't a big deal today but it was huge when it first came out).

Why the fuck they dump all that shit and focus completely on games? That doesn't make any fucking sense, especially with consumer electronics showing no signs of becoming any less important.

I think you are underestimating the video game industry. Globally, its bigger than the musc industry, its bigger than the film industry (not counting tv, only movies). Compared to electronics, it is however small.

we already have a huge majority of them here now and their eating steam's dildos willingly.

Normalfags think building a PC takes an engineering degree user, and even if they know how to do it they have no clue where to start in terms of components and think it'll cost them an upwards of $1000 to build one.

I'm 2 minutes in, and there are 6 Egg Carriers. This is still a stronger start than the Mega Man movie.

6 minutes in
It is now as bad as the Mega Man movie.
It was almost serviceable until that point.

tfw helping my friend build a PC as we speak
ruh roh

wewlad

Does anything in Sony besides Playstation have any value at all? I'd be perfectly happy if the rest of Sony stopped existing.

stick a paper clip in his ram slot

As far as I can tell, everything else Sony thats not the Playstation brand is dead in the water and sinking fast.

?

PlayStation already split from Sony because they know they're going to go bankrupt. PlayStation will still live on without the Sony company.

You fucking retards.

pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2498427,00.asp

I odn't think you understand how much Sony fans like eating shit, you are aware the Order actually sold more than a million copies right

I guess I did. Since they have consumer electronics, Hollywood movies and videogames I though they were much bigger.

Still bound to Sony as an entity, just means they can either sell off to entirely split it when sony's doom comes. Besides they'd be really retarded to cut off their only lifeline of cash.

And done. 4/10, at least they tried and would show on bad "movie" night to friends. The Mega Man fan movie is still worse.

I think that's the best thing anyone had to say about that movie. Of course, that puts it in the same boat as "it's better than nothing" Mighty No. 9.

The point is that PlayStation will still exist, and theyre an independent entity from sony, so looking at Sony failing and saying PlayStation is dead is retarded.

They aren't
Nobody said that

'Too big to fail' refers to companies that are so large and so interconnected the health of the economy is tied to their success, which is why people argue they should receive government bail outs when they come close to failure.

We're talking institutions like Banks, Insurance companies, car companies like General Motors, maybe oil, maybe property.

A fucking multimedia conglomerate, even a successful one and not one that's in the toilet like Sony, doesn't come anywhere near big enough or important enough to be bailed out by the government, and if they ever were there would be public outcry/revolt.

Welp, that's 20 minutes I'll never get back.

I fucking hope not. PS4 is the best of the three consoles out there, and fuck PC with it's steam cocksucking.

Yeah honestly I get where you're coming from. Their TVs were always the shit, so were their audio products from headphones to players.

They've seriously just dropped the fuck off in QA. TVs are literally just a rehash of last year.

hdtvtest.co.uk/news/shootout-hdr-201608054331.htm

Fucking shit their producing at prices that are put in place to just draw in the die hard fan.

Where the fuck are you even getting a "78%"? And what does that even mean? 78% chance of going bankrupt? What is your metric, how are you getting these numbers?

you fags are as annoying as ponyfags

Great post

A∨B⇔B∨A
plato.stanford.edu/entries/speech-acts/

Stay in your lane, little man.

thanks, also

You know it's never going to happen

This, their days of making them are long gone

You literally quote yourself as "or mentally ill" and call it the latter option when in your original post it is the former option. You also still fucked up and tried to say you knew it all along when the other poster wouldn't post again despite originally saying he wouldn't post again. You're just retarded.

Seriously, you quoted yourself wrong and your defense is "Well logically it's the same, fuck quoting people correctly." I get that you're trying to call him a retard but you're acting pretty retarded yourself, and your only defense is to double down on your retardation. Go back to school, maybe you'll finally grasp the English language.

Well I can't really be surprised your fucking retarded, flipping shit over fake stock predictions and being excited for a "company x is died" click bait style article.

But just a friendly reminder, if Sony dies we get either the numales at Apple, or the libtards at Amazon who have all but admitted they are waiting for one of "the big three" to drop out.

Also strange that Sony is your buggyman considering that Microsoft is making all its money spying on you, Nintendo is getting all its money from a mobile app and cannot release a uncensored game and they are arguably the BEST of the current game makers.

Feels bad man.

And the PC beggars will start writing petitions for ports of mobile games to steam, thus completing the circle of faggotry

I agree, but fuck, I would pay my life savings to see it happen.

Can you imagine the assfluster?

The biggest Tumblrite BLM-supporting Hillary-fellating cunt I know is a Sony employee.

You must be mentally ill or something

it is the top video game console though

nevermind vita ports (gravity rush) and ps3 remasters

what exactly did sony do thats extra horrible?

m8 you're not really trying with this are you?

not him but steam is overpriced garbage, mate

shadow warrior was TWENTY FUCKING DOLLARS retail and forty on steam
same with FFX / X-2, onechanbara, etc

i admit bloodborne is overrated, but that's because i prefer casual games / hard games where you don't have to grind for ten minutes to get back to the boss, ie super meat boy, hotline miami, etc

How does it feel to be cucked out of the exclusives you prize so much?

Was the last time you left the house 2013?
Nigger, any game thats not from a small company, that you likely wont find anyway especially outside US, is full priced, most times years after its release.

Id rather buy on Steam or G2A and crack the game.

i dont usually like games that have little room for error, but theres no 'downtime' with those game. no lengthy death animation or loading sequence. you just get right back in to it

Good to know

EVERY
FUCKING
GAME
is cheaper retail than steam you RETARD

that's why they're fun as fuck. they streamline shit. bloodborne gets annoying because you have to fight through the same area several times to re-fight the boss
it's a solid game, just not my thing

The problem is on most days their gaming division tends to cost them more than it takes in so if the divisions that tend to make them most of their money start to tank their games division will face severe cutbacks as well.

That's Niantic and Gamefreak to a lesser extent, and the censorship is a problem plaguing their American division Although NoJ isn't helping by not doing anything about it

Sony is easily the worst of the 3. Nintendo is well intention retardation, Microsoft is just following their trends while also trying to find their own niche, Valve is shit but they're not even close to being as cancerous as Sony, and the only indie games that are cancerous are a majority of kikestarter shit and the san fran cult.

Sony has been plagiarizing other companies for years and riding trends 5 years too late and they nearly fucked nintendo right out of the console industry and arguably set them on the path to be the company they are today. Almost any thing they came up with on their own has been total shit.

The only thing Sega did was equalize the market and ensure no monopoly, the one thing that made the Snes/Genesis Gen as good as it was. Sega was already on the downslide to Playstation/Xbox since it's inception however, Segas first party was never as strong as Nintendos and 3rd party domination was an eventuality on Sega platforms.

Also Sega could never afford Playstation, Microsoft/Google/Amazon/Nintendo could all outbid them, although Nintendo has no fucking idea what they are doing so they wouldn't bid, still have no idea why they didn't secure Atlus themselves, or buyout Cing, or buyout the Rune Factory devs, or buyout Hudson, or buyout THQ or buyout Eidos when they were collapsing.

ftfy

Konami was gradually buttfucking their stock for years, wasn't going to happen.

But user
It's Okay When Nintendo Does It!

I thought that may have been the case.

Sony failing isn't going to crash a market like a fucking financial isntitution like a gigantic bank and it doesn't have the usage of labor of something like a big auto manufacturer.

Just because a company is big in one industry doesn't mean that it's important to the global economy. Gaming has become pretty huge but almost all of that is third party (especially mobile but also shit like GTA V).

The pokemon company is basically Nintendo. It's co-owned by both them and gamefreak.

Look I get that Bloodborne is a good game but it's not worth $460 + $50 per year

Also
console pleb who has never touched a computer detected

It's not just China. It's performing badly everywhere. The US market is 360M the planet market is 5,640M…

The Chinese interdiction is religious (anti-religious on paper) in nature and should have been anticipated as nearly every movies (and vidya) portraying heavily the theme of spirits/ghost/supernatural in a modern day "real" setting is pretty much always censored, even more so if it's "westernized".

So they should have known that shit was never going to fly or someone at Sony wasn't doing it's job (but then that seems to be the motto of Sony Picture).

Anyway that shit flopped so bad it's probably gonna be the last nail in Sony Picture's coffin.

But Sony as a vidya company is fine. It's the rest of the company that gonna get a trimming (with flamethrowers).

It's already begun.

archive.is/17AUP

I would buy that shit day one and treat it like the second coming of Jesus-fucking-Christ

>Walking simulators are not on the same level as sony even though that comprises a majority of Sony's first party output
Full of shit.

It really is though, PC is basically just the Steam box at this point, while Xbone is shady as fuck for so many reasons, and the Wii u isn't even a factor, it's just dead.

Hell, it's was actually 15 & 30 bucks, respectively, at wal-mart a few days back.

Only Bloodborne out of those is a masterpiece, but vast majority of the best games are for PC let's be honest.

????what are you talking about? Sony can't lose because they're the market leader. They make the best games with the best graphics for real adults who want cinematic experiences. Microsoft will be cutting their divsision soon and Nintendo has already given up with the confirmation of their next console will be a handheld that's even weaker than the standard PS4. Litterally nothing is wrong with No man's sky, or their VR. And the Neo will be strong to the point where it'll take most PC gamers YEARS to catch up.

You all need to wake up to reality.

Bloodborne and Disgaea are good (especially BB), but they aren't better than DKC Tropical Freeze, SM3DW, Bayonetta 2, W101, Pikmen 3, MK8, Sm4sh, and Splatoon combined. Besides Disgaea 1 got ported to PC which isn't really much different than 5. I don't even want to begin to compare those games to the entire PC offering.

Also Infamous is shit and Ratchet & Clank are okay but are only noteworthy for "muh gwafix" the new Ratchet and Clank looks like it has some absurdly good animation going on

Well, they're certainly ON PC at any rate, they're not really made for PC though.

Playstation should just go solo whether they succeed or fail, and the movie and music divisions need gassing. The only good recent sony movie i can think of was mostly self funded and only published by them.

That's only because you listed more samey piles of shit than he did.

You know they do more than make childrens toys? The sony a series is one of the most popular cameras that there are, and they're not cheap either.

Good lord.

Don't underestimate Casuals and Square Enix autists.
Sony and also Nintendo will be the last to leave in the big gaming apocalypse that is yet to come.
Mit dem angriff Steiners, wird das alles in Ordnung kommen.

Are you mad at the comment about the glorified steambox, or the fact that i just said that guy listed more trash than the other guy.

And they're all good games as well.

You've got some might bait right here.

There is always room for more.

Nigger are you trying to tell me fucking smash bros, pikmin 3, Super mario 3d whatever, or Mario Kart 8 are completely different games that were handed made by people who had no hand in the previous releases?

and by that i mean, how exactly is mario kart 8 "completely different" from mario kart 7?

I highly, highly, highly fucking doubt it

Pluto Nash had more ppl in the theaters for fuck sakes

Yes.

Different titles that are released almost simultaneously are usually done by different development teams.

They were probably too focused on cutting out the original director from all those dinner parties and blackmailing the original cast into being in the new movie.

Amy Pascal was too focused on being a total shitstain feminist to consider it.

Akroyd seems enthused and likely did not need any arm twisting at all. Fug I think he even partook in the hostile marketing bullshit. Sony in general will likely survive, but sony nippon will probably order lots more sudoku for sony merka studio division.

this thread proves how economically illiterate Holla Forumsedditors are

What will happen is someone will buy Sony Games, keep the name, and continue to shit out playstations until doomsday.

It's really just the OP.

The rest don't buy that shit because it's statistic bullshit with statistics unrelated to actual processes that actually matter.

He's not getting this shit from sony itself, just sites that wants sony to fail so their benefactors can fill the power gap.

technobuffalo.com/2014/01/02/sony-has-78-chance-to-go-bankrupt-in-two-years-says-macroaxis/

Well, you just took down the entire thread.

Well they kinda are still going bankrupt, but yeah, That article is way far off.

I think he meant the games listed are different from each other, not from their own predecessors.
And I don't see the point in complaining about sequels being sequels, as they're supposed to be. Do you also cry redundancy when one steak meal contains as much steak as another steak meal? Then pick something different to eat, dumbass.

Video game movies don't make any money, and I doubt these two will rake in more then they need. Sony has been trying to make a universe, which is why the new Ghostbusters was created. Anything less will make the excecutives angry because they want to compete against groups like Marvel, where every movie is a smash hit. Who knows what will work for Sony, but they should be focusing on making money now instead of making 15 sequels after the first movie to make money.

LG or Samsung?

It only makes their absolute failure in that market all the more pathetic.

Not going to happen, someone else will make a GabeCube and do a better job marketing it. It will have a DRM OS like consoles but use standard PC hardware.

Sega better take advantage of that and either make a new console or port Yakuza to PC

Aside from that the chances of Nintendo dying are slim after the whole cellphone and Pokemon Go thing.

Microsoft is teetering but they realize it which might save them in the end. Sony is doomed really.

Get your facts right:
doc.dl.playstation.net/doc/psvita-oss/freebsd.html

Wew

Not him, but likely Samsung. They own the largest chunk of the TV market and are anticipated to absolutely dominate the "4K Push".

LG is better though. So much that Sony doesn't fabricate their own panels these days. They buy them off of LG and flash them with their own firmware. The only difference between them is that Sony has a faster firmware and less input lag due to the OS but LG have been slicing that down lately.

It's funny because that was one of the options a massive hedge fund owned by a guy named Dan Loeb (Oy Vey!) who controlled a huge stake in Sony back in 2013/2014 was lobbying for one of two options. They spin out Playstation and electronics into its own segment to protect them from market conditions and shrink as needed with failing products like mobile. Or they spin out Film and Music and keep it away from the rest of the business because they had far too much influence over board decisions and poor results. Loeb eventually cashed out their stake because Hirai wouldn't agree.

Then the hacked emails came out and it turned out Dan Loeb was right all along. Film was absolute poison as they had no idea what they were doing but the biggest influence on the board, especially with the new "One Sony" plan where they were telling other divisions what to do. People in other divisions had quit because of Kaz Hirai's "One Sony" plan and failing to see any advancement in the company (Notably Jack Tretton). Since then Sony's been losing some of their biggest contractor work like supplying Apple with Semi-Conductors and image sensors for the next iPhone (Samsung won the majority of contracts)

Even though they made a "surprise profit" last quarter. Investors were pissed because it's a single product with a success down to competition shooting itself in the foot and consoles are only short term growth as market conditions change rapidly (Especially now they are making mid-generation refreshes) which is why they made comments about Neo "Stopping players from migrating to PC" and now considering that market a compeditor. Because they need to build a long term growth strategy around playstation involving keeping people in an ecosystem and we all know normalfags are fickle as fuck.

Overall, Their long term growth divisions are fucked and the freak success of PS4 is only a short term gain they are trying to turn into a long run.

Amy Pascal was fired last year and created her own production company. Just in typical "hollywood looks after their own", Sony pictures immediately signed her company to a distribution deal.

And guess what, she's producing a movie based on GamerGate.

The memes will flow.

Good post. Samsung can go fuck itself though, I made the mistake of purchasing Samsung appliances and will never give them another dime so long as they're around. I don't care how good people say their phones are.

Good. One shit down, many more to go.

Microsoft is responsible for priced DLC, priced online, and popularizing casualized FPS with Halo. If they were responsible for SJWs as well they'd be the root cause of everything wrong with the industry today.

Casualizing FPS was all Call of Duty and the endless clones.

the DLC shit was their fault for not reigning it in sooner but it's still mostly a publisher problem, and the SJW shit was a long time coming.

Why are you brining ms into this?
The guy talked shit about sony, suddenly ms.

Just checked Steam:
FFX and X-2: 30$
Metro Bundle: 30$
Shadow Warrior: 5$
Dishonored: 20$
Saints Row 4: 15$
Darksiders 2 GOTY: 30$
Tales, Onechan and Borderlands are cheaper retail.

always the first post

p

shh

ay respects?

ooooh! Ohhhhh! While all that's happening, can we get a new Heavenly Blade game, then? And maybe a Killzone game or 2 as well? (preferably with a Helghast campaign)

And maybe a new non-sucky Playstation All-Stars while you're at it fam. Please pasty faced balding middle-aged execs from Japan, make it come true.

What's wrong with the first two call of duties? They were top notch.

That's my point.

And Goldeneye came out in 1997. your point?

You responded to a guy blaming FPS casualization on Halo by blaming it on CoD. That's objectively incorrect.

You responded to a guy who was actually alive for the first installment of both. You are objectively retarded.

I'm 27, lad. Halo 2 was selling multiplayer map packs months before CoD 2 even released.

And you distinctively recall the first CoD coming out before the first Halo?

they were pretty mediocre, some very shitty game play scenarios.

I think the quality thing comes from basically every sector.

With the crisis less and less people is buying quality due to price, and with Apple going famous it was made clear that normalfags don't care about quality, but brand. It's fucking impossible to compete against a company that make shit products at triple their price that is selling like hotcakes.

The result is that almost all companies are losing quality in all their products just so they can compete through price. People will only spend money on things if they have a brand.

Nintendo

Microsoft

Sony
>They fucked it big time during the PS3 era but managed to save it somehow at the end and PS3 ended as best console of the worst generation in console gaming so it's not like it deserves any praise

I don't know mates, it's not like Sony is great but it's the best option right now excluding PC. I fucking hate Nintendo right now with their censorship and SJW bullshit, and Microsoft is basically all that is wrong in the game industry. If I want one of the companies to die I would prefer Microsoft closing their shit and then Amazon coming into the fray.

You STUPID gamer goobers, if Sony dies all that's left is fucking Microshaft to shaft you with horseshit. You thought the 24/7 connected or cant play games DRM and forced Kinect were bad? You better strap yourself in and get lubed up cos youre about to get violated in the most compromising of ways.

Every developer will be living clones of Bobby Kotick as they release another unfinished poorly coded mess for $70 which is a quarter of the game then you get the other 3/4 within 2 years if you preorder and order the season pass and the unlock levels DLC. Want multiplayer? That'll be another 30 bucks.

THIS IS THE FUTURE YOU CHOSE.

every time i see one of these stupid fucking threads I'm buying another 10 shares in sony

The Sony Brand fell off because they got undercut hard on the move to HD due to the global recession and Samsung and LG making a move with cheaper, more affordable sets that were outright better while Bravia was expensive and nowhere near as good in a price concious era. Every Japan manufacturer got shit on by the Koreans because they made smarter moves and that's how they took over the TV market.

Not only is this years Bravia 4K line a rehash. It's just a rebadged and rehashed LG from last year. The Xperia 5 also disappeared like a fart in the wind because why would you buy it when the Galaxy S7 or HTC M9 is cheaper and better.

Apple was an anomaly due to a great marketing campaign and the building of a brand before the recession so they essentially became recession proof.

Amazon would be Turbo Microsoft and also instantly murder Sony if they ever made a serious attempt. If you are a Sony fan, it's a monkeys paw wish at this point to want MS gone because the rule of market forces is that for every exit of a competitor, at least two more enter the market. Amazon, Facebook, even Samsung. Anyone who enters the market with a serious entry will instantly run a rape train on Sony because they know where to hit and hit hard.

MS is a devil but it's the devil you know and also the kicking they gave to Sony was good for the industry because Sony's arrogance in the PS2 and PS3 included trying to kill 2D gaming while MS was completely fine with it. But if you want Samsung to skullfuck Sony even harder, I won't begrudge you wishing MS out of the industry.

I remember when MS used to punish developers and publishers for selling broken games till Phil Fish happened. And people backed Phil Fish.

This really was the future you chose.

Sony also wanted to force shit like Microsoft did, but after backlash the changed their plan. Sony is cancer. Only a couple of their IPs that are active now are worth saving.

Sony's plan was an offline RFID chip that would pair to the console. Both were terrible. Only Sony decided to announce "Nothing is changing"

Don't forget this as well

Both of them want to turn their consoles into ad infested nightmares. Sony was shilling Cisbusters hard on the PS4 store and activity feed after all. What makes you think they give a fuck about you?

everything is cancer. but the more cancer there is, the better

No you goober, I never said Sony was any better, my point was you need both actors present to prevent anal penetration from either one.

Basically this

No thanks.
I'll grab a PS3 from a second-hand shop for some of the shit I missed, but I'm not shilling out $500+ for a brick.

Sony already said they aren't making a sequel to the Vita and their handhelds are all i care about at this point.

So i can't bring myself to give a fuck if they die.

lmao no
Also
LMOA NO

Nah

That's not really a smart financial move.
Economics don't work according to your emotions.

Well now, those are some delightfully falsifiable claims. Link and IQ test and a reading comprehension test. When you are outperformed on both, reflect on the relevance of your perceptions vs. reality.

Steam has a ridiculously large market share. Can you imagine a game with any kind of budget not selling on Steam? They've got no real competition because people either don't think about the dodgy DRM practices or don't give a fuck. Everyone uses Steam because practically all PC games are on it, so all PC games release on Steam because everyone uses it. Like it or not, Steam is PC gaming.

Good. Fuck Sony

sony will die.

Guys, it's weird because she's still heading Cisbusters due to contractual obligations, but you realize Pascal was already let go from Sony after the embarassing email leaks. She's not there anymore.

I would love to see their movie side die. The whole Ghostbuster "hatred and muh soggy knees" promotion pushed by them was an embarrassment (I'm still convinced they pulled the strings to get Milo banned because of his review)

Then last year blaming NK for "hacking" them to promote their movie. Shows how lost the US Govt is that they would go to war with a nation just to help a corporation out. btw the Sony e-mail leak was proven to be an inside job

nah fuck it….I want the whole company to burn

Noice

Kind of fucked, I was pretty much a diehard fan up until PS4. A shame but alas, current gen has literally no games and nothing will sway me to buy a console at this point.

sage for yet another autistic stock market thread though, faggot

How badly they fail at it will be a good laugh.

I will always miss Free Radical

It'll end up being Microshit, Steamer, and Nintendon't.

Thats because the character design doesn't work except in low resolution 2d sprite. Shit, it took me until last year to realize that the white space on his face wasn't supposed to be a gigantic connected eyeball. Some people still don't realize this.

I wouldn't mind Samsung or anyone else skullfucking Sony if in exchange I get a better product at a better price with better games.

In the other hand though, changing a japanese company for a korean one could be pretty shitty since korean people don't know how to make games unless it's a MMO or some other kind of micropayment-scam. That's what scares me the most.

Seriously by now all I want in this industry is for japan to come back and just make games great again, and leaving Nintendo as the only japanese representation is literally killing yourself since all they have is first party and censored SJW bullshit.
Leaving the PC exclusively for japanese games would also be suicide since in japan people don't play on PC unless it's a hentai game, so they need consoles to make their games and then port them to PC for the west parket.