Collector/Buyfag Thread: PS1 Edition

Alright niggers, time for another buyfag thread.

What have you picked up since the last thread?

Looking to pick anything up soon?

Whats the most valuable thing you own?

Do you prefer to buy hardware in working order, or get them broken and repair yourself?

Other urls found in this thread:

toddmoore.com/arcade/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Still working on my Saturn/DC collection. Getting fucking DVD boxes turns out to be oddly expensive for some reason. I sadly don't own a PS1 since I have a modded PS3. Having all PS consoles except 4, but no gaems so.. in one is actually pretty neat. Good space saver.

Saturn collection looks great user. Still need to get Shenmue on DC though.

Thanks user, I still got more on DVD boxes without cover since I couldn't find good DVD scans. Likewise, some of the scans are for slim-DVD boxes so they look like ass on the regular one (notice Atlantis or DonPachi). I need to find some slim DVDs as well.

It works regardless. Beats the standard jewel cases the Jap Saturn games came in.

Do prefer the blue DC cases though, but the DVD ones do look nice.

Are you referring to the Evil Twin one? I was trying to go for homogeny in the cases, I just couldn't find one that followed the same scheme as the rest. Same goes for the Saturn ones, I'd prefer if they were all white or black but either the scans are ass or they look like shit. so I've gotta go with the next best alternative.

Mean the standard blue jewel. Think Evil was a PAL exclusive, hence the blue cover overall. Could possibly make own by covering up the blue with the US cover if wanted.

Bump.

Nothing
I hit up craigslist from time to time and see a bunch of arcade cabinets for sale. I wouldn't mind buying one of those when I get some more money.
I have one of those standing gamecube demo stations. It's pretty great. I think I have Soul Calibur 2 in it right now.
Preferably working order, but if it's something I really want I'll buy it in any condition and fix it myself.

more games 4 free nigga.

How? I wish I knew how to do that shit

Probably even buy pre-made MAME cabinets for the same price as single ones these days.

its a bit expensive if you're a poor fag, but playing all those classics are worth it.

toddmoore.com/arcade/

Haven't found anything decent since Jade Cocoon and Resonance of Fate last thread. Which works out well enough since I've been trying to save up some money for possible upcoming titles.
Considering Valkyrie Drive and ToCSII (depending on how much money I can scrounge up; got enough for one of them at the moment). Maybe Exist Archive if Aksys doesn't fuck it up. Wondering if PQube, given that they seem to have gotten into bringing NEVER EVERS over uncensored might pick up Omega Labyrinth, a game no company's been interested in due to the content.
Monetary valuewise, probably Tales of Eternia PS1 (released as Tales of Destiny II here) or Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Entire .hack//G.U. set too I suppose, counting all three part as one item. The only one of those I even paid that much on was ToE, and even then it's due to really loving the series and wanting to co-op it with a friend (which was a lot of fun; shame Namco's not fond of bringing the 2D Tales games over).
Working order, preferably from a decent local shop as there's a few that are pretty good here in both quality and price. I don't buy systems that often though.

Got these… I don't fucking know how long ago. I've been enjoying Ys VIII a little too much, I think I've lost track of time here.

Added to my collection recently, got a nice handful of PS2 games.

I do enjoy being around a mass of autism and buyfags, the Youtube celeb worship can go away though.

I have that too. Only thing I have ever preordered. The funny thing is that it happened when most games were still pretty good. I can't believe people actually preorder these days.

Looking pretty decent so far. Nice to see Avalon Code get a bit of love from time to time; never seen it around much in people's libraries, be it here or back in the day on halfchan. Looks like your Vita games could use a book end or something though to keep them upright.

Might as well post my own. Haven't gotten enough new to warrant a new set of photos, so I've only updated the text.

You didn't have to have your hand in the image, you know. Or your foot for that matter.

I thought that read "Spope" at first.

Never heard of Retropalooza. That some sort of old games convention?

Thanks, yeah Avalon Code definitely seems to be a rarer find these days.

Pretty nice collection you got there, especially that .hack//GU trilogy. Those are hard as hell to get a hold of nowadays. I had a buddy that lended me the games, I stopped about halfway through the second one though I forget why I did…those were fun games. Never even got to the third one.
What's with that SO3 box though? I don't remember it ever getting a limited edition.

Also, are the Dark Cloud games and Rogue Galaxy any good?

Yeah, I got lucky with finding Volumes 2 and 3 of G.U. for about $10 each. Only reason I was willing to drop $50 or so on volume 1, considering I'd already found the other two cheaply and ultimately only paid about half what the subseries goes for total (also that I can't exactly depend on local stores to suddenly have Volume 1 cheap when I needed it). I do need a fresh cover print for Volume 3 though; apparently it got water damage to the art under its previous owner. And unfortunately I think .hack Quarantine's a bit too well known a scalper item for me to trust to be able to find anywhere near as cheaply as I have the G.U. games, hence why I haven't bothered to pick up the original IMOQ releases at this point; Quarantine alone is a good $130 or more where I live.

The SO3 boxed version is just the release edition to my knowledge, and contains the Director's Cut of Star Ocean 3 (the west never got the original base one) with two discs and a full color manual. I don't think it came with anything else (I got mine preowned); strikes me they might have gone the boxed route because of the second disc perhaps. I know Square did similar for Dragon Quest VIII, which shipped with both the game and a FFXII demo disc, but on the other hand, other companies like Midway and Konami didn't bother doing so for multidisc games of theirs (such as SH:C and ZoE), so maybe it was more for marketing? Whatever the case, it struck me that it would be pretty odd to have a non boxed one, given that the official cover art is completely different than the box art and doesn't even list off game information on the back, and unfortunately every time I have seen a boxed copy of the game it's been rather beat up.

Admittedly they're still on my backlog, but I wouldn't have picked them up if I hadn't heard good things about them over the years from anons. I will say that I at least picked up DC2 while it was still somewhat cheap (think it was $20 or so at the time), as out of most Level 5 developed games, it's been the one that's climbed up in the past few years (DQVIII, DC1, and Rogue Galaxy still being pretty cheap where I live). Not sure if I'd want to drop the $45 or so I've seen it going for lately.

Bought tales of zestria, the crew(at a yard sale) Bloodborne and J stars for about 70 bucks total a few days back. Wish i could get my hands on some N64 end labels though.

That's not just lucky, that's stupid lucky. That makes the luckiest person on the planet look like an unlucky fool. I'm pretty jealous

Ah so that was just the release edition? The cover of my SO3 is pic-related. Is this what's in that box though? And then the cover of the box has Fayt and Sophia on it?

You should see some of the prices I've found various games at. I'll post them from a text file I keep if people want it.

Yeah, just the initial print run out here. The Greatest Hits release doesn't have the box, but puts the box' front and back covers on the cover art itself (minus the foiling), whereas the cover for the original release has an altogether different pinkish front cover, with just Fayt and Sophia on the back.

As far as what's in the box, just the case and the discs. Given how much space multiples discs can take inside, it wouldn't surprise me if they originally shipped the manual outside of the case, but within the box itself (I think that's what happened with DQVIII from what I saw of how the occasional boxed copies I'd seen locally had their manuals stored). It's not like, say, Wild Arms 5, where there was an artbook it shipped with, or MK1 and 2 which had OST selections in a separate jewel case.