With our powerful console, we will keep our playerbase loyal to us

Sony has a point actually.

I'm switching from PC to PSNEO, and you Holla Forums?

OP, as much as I want to shitpost, you never provided any citations that Sony PR actually made any of these statements

I am skeptical and think this may just be consolewar faggotry

Shitty bait but they're just playing into how retarded their base is for thinking shit like blu-ray = gooder gwaphiz. I don't know who could trust them any more but such is life now, where electronics are more disposable than a razor.

shit bait, but I'll take it anyway; it doesn't matter how powerful your system is if you have no fucking good games to play on it. PC has a much bigger and better library that generational consoles could ever hope for, even with these companies holding "exclusive games" hostage.

Neo is pretty dissapointing.
I was hoping that it would have a Zen chip and some Polaris SKU like the RX 460 but it's just a higher clocked version of what the PS4 is with more CUs.

Project Scorpio on the other hand is looking like it's going to be a real beast though, too bad Microsoft is giving all their games to PC so there's no point for many people to get an Xbone

PS4 Neo will always be a PS4 Neo and will die when Sony stops supporting it and the servers are turned off.

PC doesn't have that problem. Never has, never will.

Also I'm probably getting an NX instead anyway if the current rumours are true

Always count on Nintendomination

I thought we left you fuckers behind on reddchanit

Except for the last three console generations.

Unless you mean domination of mobile, horrendous marketing, and on-disc DLC areas. They're doing really well there.

If you're into good games then the last 3 generations sure were Nintendomination.

The only game I'd be missing out on if I went Wii U + PC is Bloodborne.

It's a polaris SKU based on the RX 480 but downclocked to 911mhz while the CPU is still Jaguar, just overcolocked to 0.5 GHz. While there still is only an effective RAM pool of 6GB. You still have an effective CPU bottleneck that would be worse if Sony put the GPU on full clock and that RAM Buffer is only really suited to 1440P with the ROP's. Digital Foundry did a test with a best case scenario using an i7 and the full 8GB on an RX480 and the best they could get was 1800P 30FPS so you have to lower that considerably to take into account the RAM and CPU.

It's a meagre upgrade. At best it's only going to give games that were already targeting 30FPS a more stable run and it's not going to magically boost Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne to 60FPS as those games already have massive problems with 30FPS (Which is going to be a huge blow to the fanbase's expectations).

I'd imagine it's a product based on multiple factors like if Nintendo was going to strike first and the pressure on the division to lead and start selling 4K Sony TV's and media content coming in far too early. Normalfags not interested in a PC might buy one, see that Scorpio has better specs (And Sony are giving MS a ton of time to manuver) and trade it in for Scorpio when that arrives. While those who want to build a PC are fine because the Affiliate manufacturers aftermarket RX 470's are reaching Vanilla RX 480 performance for $175 to $200 so it will be cheaper and easier than ever to build PC's. It's a rushed solution to a problem that never existed.

shit-tier trolling

yep

Who are you quoting?

But instead of spending money on a NEO, I could just buy components that outmatches NEO. Fuck off marketer.

[citation needed]

Well the good news is they're going to have to push their devs hard on Vulkan to get performance gains that they can sell for $400 out of that.

dude spiny dicks lmao

what do you mean switching? they will have completely different libraries, thats the entire point. i couldnt care less about hardware.

Overclocked
by
0.5Ghz, meaning 2.1Ghz instead of the 1.6Ghz of the base PS4. Clockspeeds are the easiest to change late before release so don't expect the rumored clocks to be the final ones, they're just the lower floor for what PS4N could really have.
Late changes that wouldn't surprise me in descending order of probability:
>GPU clocked higher even if only to avoid Nine Eleven Megahurts

not today schlomo!

Already confirmed Sony's not supporting Vulkan because they already have their own GNMX wrapper which is even lower level than VK. So it's a pointless endeavor. That the CPU isn't going to give the performance gains people expect with 0.5Ghz on already weak CPU cores. If the games are already struggling at 30FPS or CPU bound due to open world (Like Horizon or The Witcher 3). It's going to be a V-Synced 30FPS at best. Any game running at 60FPS on Neo will have been 60FPS on Regular PS4

2.1Ghz is the furthest you can OC a Jaguar without going to extreme thermal management like liquid cooling. They are already pushing maximum clock on the CPU and the 911Mhz is for a form factor compensation (As the stock RX 480 is pretty bad at thermals and it's advised to get an aftermarket Factory OC RX 480)

It's unlikely there would be last minute changes. Jacking the RAM to 16GB would cost significant amounts. If anything, the clockspeed on the CPU could be lowered if it's causing thermal problems as Jaguar runs extremely hot as is so they could have to clock it back to 1.8Ghz.

Sage in all fields

I'm switching from PS4 back to PC. Fuck Sony

They won't do the one thing they would need to do: free online.

So can you really want to stop gamers from going to pc while at the same time refusing to remove the thing that makes them want to return to pc (along with nogaems).

PC is the guaranteed future of gaming. IF they can bundle pre-builts it would be the best for the industry. Consoles are just really shit PC's. You have to update and install everything now, and that ruins the point of owning a console.

what nintendo games are on mobile?

I'd rather just be part of the 3%.

Carrizo-L already reaches 2.5Ghz turbo in the A8-7410, and that's on 28nm. The new SOC for Neo will be on 16nm. 2.4Ghz is easily possible without yields dropping too low.
If this was a classic console gen I'd be conservative in my expectations as well, but it's different in this half gen because chips not testing fit for Neo can be salvaged for the PS4 slim. Therefore Neo specs don't need to be as conservative as they'd have to be if there was no way to salvage underperforming SOCs.
On the contrary I think it's unlikely there won't be any. 360 and PS4 had last minute RAM doubling, Xbone last minute overclocking. To me the question isn't if there will be last minute changes but what will change and by how much. Just consider that the rumored RAM speed increase doesn't match any common specs - unless you take clamshell memory configs into account. So doubled RAM isn't just a vague possibility, it's a last minute upgrade option planned into the specs. Alternatively the RAM clockspeed could be increased if the doubled RAM option isn't taken - at no additional cost as the chips are specified for higher clocks anyway if not used in clamshell mode.

anyway if some poorfag fits in the 97% pc users have a worse PC than the neo they sure as hell don't have the money to get it otherwise they would have the better PC