What are some single player games where i can make my own super heroes and kick ass?

What are some single player games where i can make my own super heroes and kick ass?

Freedom Force, hammy DC/Marvel comics-based game with a shit-ton of superheros. There's custom campaigns where you can make your own heroes or baddies using skill-points to select from a list of powers for them.

I tried that one. It was more of a sandbox. As i remember you can't really change the appearance aside from replacing the texture.

And it was just to fuck around with available powers on various maps.

Well, nuts, I'm out of ideas then. Only other one I can think of is DC Universe Online which is more or less dead, not even sure if it's still up. But if that's your thing you should give it a shot, kind of like a cross between a 3D action game and an MMO.

Kikery afoot with it though since several types of superpowers or ways to fight are just flatly not available to you unless you pay for them, off the top of my head you can't use electric or earth power sets without paying and you can't use a Green Lantern ring (Yellow Lantern ring for Sinestro Corps if you pick to be a villain) as a weapon-type without paying.

the problem with DCUO is that it was basically a wow clone with fancier animations and customization
otherwise it was pretty bland, aside from superspeed being fun

undertale

DCUO.
Yeah it is listed as mmo, and requires constant connection, yet it is perfectly single player action game.
Co-op/PvP is purely optional.

Saints Row IV is a superhero game in every way except the surface elements of superhero shit. You have the powers of a superhero, you can dress up like a superhero, you can fight aliens and bad guys, but ultimately you are not a hero because you aren't saving innocents and you often kill police.

You can also get a superhero mod for GTA IV and swap the model for whatever you want too, bonus points for combining it with the police mod so you can actually go and fight crime.

WoW combat does not make for a good action game

If anything it's Dynasty Warriors combat.

except that it's still target based
even though it makes itself look like a cuhrayzee game at times
in reality it's just a slightly more mobile version of wow's combat

No? It's hitbox based without any cool-down bullshit, except maybe for healing pots, without abilities rotations, but with stuff like parries, knock-downs and counter attacks.
I mean in Devil May Cry you can lock onto single enemy too, does it make it target-based?

it kind of does

Good job killing video games for me.

Lock-on in games with hitbox based combat doesn't magically make it target based, it just makes your character aim their attacks in the direction of a certain target.

if you're not the one targetting, then how is it not target based combat?

dcuo is ocarina of time

For the record you can go into options and turn goddamn auto-targeting off, which turns it into actual Musou clone.
I'm not saying it's the best shit out there, but it's quire ok. Better than fucking Warframe, that's for sure, and that game's combat gets plenty of praise.

Crackdown

I think Champions Online has a better creator. I always try to make a Doctor Strange character in every one of these games I try but never actually use them. That's true about it being practically single player but there aren't many MMOs that don't fit that anymore. The combat is definitely better than in Champions though.

Sorry for your loss, user. I haven't checked on it recently so maybe they have uptight GMs like everything else now.

Champions Online

Maybe we will get one now that The Flash is popular.
He is objectively the GOAT superhero

What's with mentally deficient people's obsessions with speed?

Why don't you leave?

I'm not on deviant art.