Create Fake Police Department; DOD Ships $1.2mil in Military Equipment/Weapons

archive.fo/6g7kU - GAO source
archive.fo/CMbLa - other GAO source
archive.fo/JDh90 - Ars Technica report
archive.fo/84BPx - website that ships free weapons/military equipment

From the U.S. Government Accountability Office
Transcript for: An Investigation into DOD's Transfers of Excess Equipment
Released: July 2017

>[ Zina Merritt ] We have law enforcement agencies who can be potential recipients of DOD excess property like militarized property, such as rifles and simulated pipe bombs and other things that have been used for training purposes that DOD no longer needs. Essentially, they are able to apply and if they're approved, they're given a unique code in which they're allowed to go online, view the items, and "bid" on them. If they win the items, what they do is they're allowed to actually go to the warehouses where they're located, and pick up the items either physically or they can have the items shipped to them. However, all the items are free; the only cost that they may incur is with transportation costs if they actually have them shipped to them.

>[ Wayne McElrath ] The way that we tested the controls relative to this program is that we established a fake law enforcement organization as Zina indicated, we then submitted our application and bidded on those items.

>[ Wayne McElrath ] Well, we actually had access to the full range of excess surplus military items that were available but we chose or bid on training rifles, simulated pipe bombs, scopes, night vision goggles, things that weren't exactly legal.

>[ Wayne McElrath ] We were able to obtain approximately 100 items that totaled a value of approximately 1.2 million.

>[ Zina Merritt ] The biggest problem is that DLA's internal control processes for this program were really broken. We found, for example, that when we applied for the program as a fake organization, no one ever even called us to verify information. They didn't attempt to come out to the location to visit us. Secondly, when the investigators went to the location, they were actually able to get the items without presenting the proper identification. Third, they were able to get a quantity of items that wasn't consistent with what we bid for, actually we got more items. And fourth, we found that they just don't have a framework in order to do fraud mitigation at all stages of the program. Essentially, that puts any organization at risk of this happening again.

So where donwe set up pols police station at? Everywhere? Sounds fun.

With what?
Simulated gear doesn't do anything. And Sim rifles are blank guns.

They only ordered simulated weapons because they didn't want to be holding real weapons, despite being a contracted auditing agency. The real weapons are clearly available, and you only pay shipping costs.

The only thing illegal there I think are fake explosives, and even then a good lawyer could make a case. I've been away from /k/ for years, but there's nothing I could possibly think of illegal about deactivated rifles, scopes, and NOD's.

Use those big ol' brains of yours, boys

Sure I'd go for some NVG and scopes but I'd be a bit suspect of getting some firearms.

Do police even use fully automatic AR's?

I feel like they would, if they get them for free.

Wow. Not only did you not read anything, you didn't even look at the third photo in the OP that clearly states that they sell weapons.

The lady in the transcript is a liar though. Night vision goggles and simulation weapons are not restricted in any way. She's so Left that she's probably donated to the Clinton Foundation.

RWDSPD

I should've said that my reasoning was: would you trust your boss to have filled out all the paperwork so that you don't go to jail? Also, receiving and shipping arms back the DOD would be a large liability and chore.

There are lots of reasons to not have ordered the firearms, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have. OP has 4 sources that say they ship firearms, vehicles, and more.

This is one of the famous programs arming police for outright war against the populace.

There was a gas station somewhere in Montana or Wyoming that was incorporated into a city, it was the police department, city hall, and mayors office.

I think it was on sale for like 100k.

If you register with ATF you sure can, even new stuff at off the shelf prices.

Um, no. Civilians cannot own any automatic weapon that wasn't registered in July of 1986 thanks to the Hughes Amendment. Police departments do not need to register their weapons.

They're ITAR regulated items, especially the Night Vision. God forbid you take a photo of the output of GenIII NV and show someone. Its fucking retarded.

If you have a FFL you can make and own any FA you so choose to do so with provided you jump through the hoops. Also any LEO/Military weapons are on a list already, if and when shit goes missing it gets picked up pretty fucking quick.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

GIVE ME MILSURP ARMS THAT I PAID FOR WITH TAXES

None of it is illegal.
Jews twist definitions and use judicial review to break the law by breaking our contract.

Yes you can. You just have to pay a tax stamp and wait like six months to be cleared

Hes right provided you aren't a holder of the FFL paperwork needed. Its why guns with giggleswitches are expensive, limited supply.

The Second Amendment to the US Constitution technically supports the legal basis for me owning and operating a fully functional M1A2 Abrams battle tank should I be able to afford one, and find one for sale.

All of the laws that say "we can own this weapon, but you can't" are technically un-Constitutional with perhaps two or three logical caveats: explosives, chemical/biological, nuclear.

For example this is the reason you have to acquire a Class 3 license to sell full-automatic weapons, but at the same time you can make your own with your own tools without license/registration.

As a private citizen we should have access to all of the same weapons as our own military. Otherwise we can't violently overthrow our government. The entire purpose of the Second Amendment is securing the right to violently overthrow the government.

Where, in fucking DC?

Amen to that brother, stupid cattle can't or more likely don't want to understand this very basic concept.

Tyranny is always creeping and quiet, Tyranny NEVER announces it's presence. G-D all mighty i hate fucking normies

Stupid fucking normies know damn well that the situation is untenable, i hope their children cry out in pain of starvation.

That sounds like you're issuing a challenge.

huh.. I wonder what the legality is of setting up a 'regional police department' spanning several states in a given region.

logical caveats, bullshit! I recommend you re-read again, the words "shall not be infringed".

"right to bear arms" is unqualified in terms of what arms they are. it matters not if the arms are sharped plastic spoons, heavy machine guns, chlorine gas or rods from god.

So is it theft if i just take just 1 penny from your pocket or not?

good luck on the flip side of the kali yuga friend

Hey DOD, feel free to send me some of those A2's, retro parts are a bitch to find cheap.

Class III FFL can own just about anything there is. You must be well documented, organized, know how to fill out paperwork, talk to your local ATF guys (they'll become friendly characters at your local range if you shoot public), get fingerprinted, register the weapon with; state, local, and federal organizations, and prove you're a collector or some shit by waiting 6 months or so.
Also you must not have criminal charges. Traffic stuff is even a little iffy with them - 'sir you got pulled over for speeding - were you especially angry at the officer when he pulled you over for speeding?' shit like that you can laugh off and go 'of course but I fucked up by having lead foot.' If you've gotten a DUI or other drug charges you aren't getting on ATF's 'fun list' also weapons gotta get stamped. I think your FFL number and the serial numbers of your class III weapons are tied in an ATF database that they share with the FBI/DHS NCIS fingerprint system just like said with the LEO/mil weapons
HOWEVER - if you own a pre-ban non-stamp assault rifle you're good to go but you're a fucking fool for shooting something that rare.

Night vision devices are perfectly legal. You can buy them anywhere.
You don't need an FFL to manufacture a firearm. You do need to be a SOT to engage in the business of manufacturing or to manufacture full auto, which in any even cannot be transferred to civilians unless they were transferable in 1986. There is also an interplay between the NFA and state laws. It's madness and unconsitutional.

FBI THREAD IS SUPER OBVIOUS.
Yeah, I know you Jews want to nab at least one white race realist wanting to kill a bunch of people to gloat in front of Trump how evil caring about your own people is.

Jokes on you, Holla Forums is a board of peace.

ITAR only applies to exports, you fucking nigger.

I'm pretty sure all the auditors did was fill in the name of an imaginary police department when prompted on the website. It's like when a website 'requires' you put your real age in order to see content.

If anyone were to make a small order, they would stand out. Since it's free, everyone obviously ordered as much as they could possibly store.

Call the cyberpolice. See if I give a shit.

DO IT FAGGOT

If ARMA 3 has taught me anything, its that FLIR scopes and goggles are mandatory kit for RWDS

Nuclear, Biological, Chemical weapons are not arms that should be in use in the military, and have other stipulations associated with their handling. Making Sarin in your backyard is a public health hazard. arresting someone for that isn't "infringing on their right to bear arms", because the production of such things infringes on other people's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. A nuclear reactor made by a private citizen that spews radiation is different from someone owning a tank or artillery.

Thats just my opinion, i'm sure some ancap wants to be able to just cart their uranium on their private roads and all that shit.

Nigga, don't you have children to molest?

you are so fucking retarded

Try to understand:
the 1986 registration stuff is only for little people, it doesn't apply to govt agencies.
police/FBI/CIA can buy brand-new full-auto guns if they want, for only $1 ~ $2K more than what the semi-auto ones cost.

most US police agencies don't want AR15's anyway, full auto or not. usually they want HK MP5's or similar

and last I heard (some years back) it isn't that easy to be a class-3 dealer anymore; they basically require you to run a real store-front business as a class-3 dealer or they can revoke the license. You can't just be a dealer-on-paper out of your home anymore.

also I was under the impression that the (US) military did not ever release *functioning* weapons into others' hands–not even police agencies.
even most deactivated weapons are only legally loaned, and when you don't want them anymore, they must be returned to the military for disposal (destruction)

Maybe in crowded major cities, but they use ARs and shotguns here.

That's the entire premise of the second amendment. Idiots want to have their cake and eat it too by saying that the government is the only party qualified to have weapons while, for some retarded reason, continually bemoaning how bad the government is. Those are the people that enable violent suppression and even cheer it on when it suits them (Waco, ruby ridge, etc.)

I'm actually more curious as to what happens to 'faulty' equipment that goes through the supply chain to get demo'd or trashed. I remember a few guys that ran supply in the military telling me that NVGs and PEQs (and all sorts of other stuff) that were broken (aka missing a screw or some easily fixable issue resulted was overlooked, trashed and replaced) would end up in their warehouses to be destroyed. Tons of stuff, all sorts of shit, but most of it still worked, repair was never really factored into the equation. They had guys selling off stuff for pennies on the dollar, and while a few got busted, even then it was rarely the case. Last time I was in North Carolina, I ran into a dude at a flea market that somehow got pipelined into that scheme and was selling all sorts of crazy stuff at very, very low prices.

Sometimes I think the whole thing is overlooked by the DoD has to justify its expenses the same way different government departments will burn their budgets on office equipment and fill up warehouses in DC with useless shit so they can justify budget increases.

I like the way you think

Antifa is FBI controlled-opposition, nigger. They even get free housing and protection from the pigs.
Proof: youtu.be/p5ausy98ERM

HK has extremely retarded fanboys. He's just writing a fanfic. He doesn't use firearms outside of video games, so he doesn't understand that guns break, and HK parts are expensive and difficult to obtain. He proves that he's a retard in his final paragraph.

Sauce?