Tfw there are even more reasons to hate Tom Hullet than i ever imagined

Tfw there are even more reasons to hate Tom Hullet than i ever imagined

After MGSV i didn't think Konami could hurt me again. Even MGS3 pachinko left me bitter but i expected it.

They retroactively ruined SH1-3.

Now is the time to be upset.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5v9EWUcx6wM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SH died when Konami killed Team Silent, bruh. Hullet is still a huge fucking tool, though.

Why did they kill TS? I thought Jpaanese games were cheaper to make than western AAA shit.

Whats more frustrating is that Tomm still goes "Wait, why do people hate my Silent Hill games?"

Well gee I fucking wonder why.

Tom reminds me of Phil Fish. You keep expecting them to one day realise its not the world, its them. They are the problem and the world isn't out to get them.
But they never learn and keep making asses of themselves like this.

I don't remember why TS was disbanded but I remember that most of it was confined to mobile games hell
Silent Hill died after SH4

and Konami disbanded TS because they wanted "wider market appeal and felt western devs were the key" and left them in mobile game -and these are nokia 3210 tier mobile games at the time- and working in fucking konami gyms.

Fun fact, a number of them left to join Kojima Productions.

I think any fan of silent has long ago since dismissed anything released by the western studios as not canon. 1-3 are the only games that are canonically tied in my mind, 4 is only loosely related and everything else is just fan fiction.

Where did this guy come from anyways? I've never heard of him until after the HD port fiasco and I've been playing the games for years. I know all about Team Silent and Konami, but I've barely heard about him. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention, but he seems like he's desperately trying to weasel in on the series in order to maintain some kind of relevancy.

4 is the weird canon transition point for me. Because the whole reason shits showing up is because the dank spiritual power is spreading to the other cities around the toluca lake region like Ashfield and Brahms.
Then at the end you find the Apartment Hauntings were caused by Walters body and a dark ritual effectively chinese bootlegging the situation of 3 with the fetus in Heather changing the world.

Which always left me thinking: If it was walter causing it here whats making it happen everywhere else around the region?

and it was never touched on again in favour of DUHHHH I DUNNO THERAPIST TOWN AND INNER DEMON SHIT I DON FUKKEN KNOW

Well since the series is effectively dead, I usually just hand wave 4, since it was originally never supposed to be part of the series.

He had done some localisation work for Fatlus and Konami was looking for a new producer for the series to act as a go between the japanese Konami higher ups and outsourced US teams. He took the position and basically went "you know i have a degree in creative writing and im basically a walking silent hill bible" and he was given total creative control from then on.

It makes no sense, but this is konami after all.

1) Because Silent Hill was finished and they didn't want to work on it anymore and 2) Konami ordered it disbanded because they wanted to hand the IP to western developers. No joke.

Please tell me this is a joke, because that kind of wiriting is so fucking stupid its a big middle finger to anyone who played the first 4 games

Thats why Tom did it. Fuck everyone. Burn it all down. His vision was a treasure squandered and you all must pay as he delivers the killing blow to the ip.

But it's not Tomm's fault! Fungo even said so! Trust me!

There are good Western devs despite what weebs say, but it seems that Japanese companies never fucking hire them.
They always hire egotistical hacks who fuck shit up.

So why did Fungo become such a shill? Last i saw he's trying and failing to make a lets play/dark souls lore videos youtube channel thats dying off quickly.

For what I understand Walter was projecting himself into the dream world versions of places that he used to spend a lot of time in. ( like the subway to his home, the orphanage in toluca lake, the cell were he was indoctrinated into becoming a member of the cult, etc) In this dream worlds we he started to search for the remaining victims of the 21 sacraments ( a backup plan of Dahlia Gilleapie)

Who knows, he's the only guy in Twin Perfect so autistic that he got an ED article. I guess that's what Tomm means, Fungo distanced himself from TP and they're buddy-buddy now.

At least Versirus seems pretty based if autistic.

That isnt helping his case though, he has to at least know that.

He thinks he is a hero and a genius. This is his story and the world is just a stage for it.

I'm amazed /cow/ hasn't discovered his blog yet.

Why the hell do people keep saying that?
This was mostly only the case in SH2, where most of the monsters are indeed sexual in nature.
So fucking what?
Is Holla Forums becoming so incredibly stupid and hipster that they can't even handle a common, tried and true interpretation in a game where it actually fucking fits?

Nobody i've ever seen pushes the sexual angle in SH1, 3 and 4 aside very specific exceptions where it's legitimately warranted and it's not the norm at all.

Wew

I would say you're being mean user

But its hard to defend Tomm when he said on his blog
And other questionable quotes like

I mean dude can probably be alright but the whole debacle of him being SH's dungeon master/producer made him come across like a douchey motherfucker.

Then you don't know the SHwiki retards of the fanbase where EVERY monster is the protagonists desire to nut in avatavistic form.

You remember how every monster in SH1 is Cheryls warped childhood fears brought to life? dogs, nurses, bullying school children? the whole 'childish sleeptalk thing?

Nah. Harry just wanted to dick something. NOW TELL ME IM DEEP AND INTUITIVE AND EVERYTHING IS DARK AND SEXUAL AND DADDY DIDNT LOVE ME!!!

Thats the dark, retarded side of the SH fanbase.

Seriously, just go read the Silent Hill wiki for ten minutes and come back and say that. You would also see it a lot more frequently, even on Holla Forums, before TRSHE came out.

i agree

i agree. i think people were so hype on themselves for "figuring out" that a lot of SH2's monsters represent latent sexual impulses of some kind that they just started to see it everywhere

It reminds me of an early version of "Game Theory", where they try to look for shit that fits their headcanon which probably doesn't exist or wasn't what the developers intended.

Who the fuck cared what the "SHwiki" thinks.
The SH community isn't the SHwiki, in the SH1 era it started out on various indipendent forums, exactly like the RE community.

And it's not like it was any less retarded, i don't need to remind you about the "Oh it's an hallucination caused by the White Claudia" theory that popped out at the time almost day one.

Not only no single place can claim to represent the SH community as a whole, additionally it doesn't even fucking matter because SH is dead as shit, so it's completely pointless anyway.

So they think they're the "SH community", big deal, every site thinks they're hot shit and their voice is the only voice, Holla Forums itself is definitely guilty of this too on multiple occasions.
Let them think what they want to think and slop around in the ruins of a long dead series.

Silent Hill had a weird cross culture appeal. For everyone who got into it because they were a fan of things like Phantoms, The Mist, Jacobs Ladder and so on there is another group who seemed to be the hot topic invader zim loving crowd who seem to take great pride in thinking they have some deep secrets unlocked and this elevates their self worth somehow.

The only comparison i can make is comparing an archeologist to a georgio tsukolous tier ancient aliens guy. They look at the same things but one makes an analytical deduction based on evidence and semiotics and the other pulls shit out their ass because they think it makes them look smart.

Fan theories can be harmless fun sometimes, eg: The diehard team Ico fans believe that the reused assetts in Shadow of the Colossus and the fact thats its an Ico prequel means the castle in Ico was build from the same ancient ruins designed to contain the Colossi to contain Yorda.

But then you have the "IS SANS REALLY NESS???? XDDDDDDD" stuff which is ludicrous.

That's honestly a more reasonable conclusion than most of the things on the wiki, at least at the time of SH1's release.

It felt great when Kojima/Metal Gear fans finally felt what SH fans felt for years.

Most SH fans are MG fans and vice versa

and i replied "nigga, castlevania, metalgear and silent hill are my favourite ips and konami controls all of them".
He just replied "oh, fuck".

There's a crossover between SH fans that are also MG fans, but I don't think that necessarily goes the other way around when MG is more popular.

At least normalfags know Konami is shit.

MG has better cutscenes. I love em both but the only quote i've ever used with friends who like the games for SH was "there was a hole here, its gone now" once, but fucking not a day goes by without someone i know quoting metal gear like a dumb goober.

I've always been a Konami and Capcom fan, so that means on one hand everything i love has been essentially destroyed on the konami side, and on the capcom side i have to buy dedicated hardware and even import shit from japan just to play what i like that capcom hasn't managed to fuck up yet.

But i'm not too mad about SH anymore, it has been a constant, very consistent beating ever since post SH4, by now anyone that has been in this shit for so long should be completely numb to it.
Even when i learned that with Silent Hills we lost a Kojima/Del Toro/Junji Ito collaboration my reaction was just "meh", because deep down any SH fan knows that this series is nothing but a constant string of disappointment and non stop punishment where we can never have anything nice, ever.
To have hope for it at this point is foolish, so i never fooled myself into thinking the project would've been finalized.

Overall i think the thing that i miss the most was the banter between SH fans and RE fans during the SH1 era, everyone was less aggressive back then because at the end of the day they would still have good, solid games to play so everyone felt more happy and relaxed as a result, it was a very light, non mean spirited constant fight between SH and RE fans that kept things interesting and gave hope for both fanbases that the future of their respective series would be great, propelled by the desire to one up each other in quality each new game.

Going back to BoM, why on earth did Tomm use his teenage JRPG game as influence for the new SH story? That's one of the weirdest choices ever

Do they also quote Rising quite a bit? Going on a limb here.

He's an idea guy that got put in charge of one of his favorite series, obviously he would try to use that opportunity to make his dream game.

memes and nanomachines dont come up as often as 'you're pretty good' and 'a weapon to surpass metal gear' surprisingly.

Also, I haven't played BoM, but I didn't know the plot was fucking Death Note

My only experience with this series is SH2, which spooked me hard, and Shattered Memories, which somehow made me cry more than any other game. Is it worth playing SH1 to compare/contrast with Memories, or should I move on directly to 3 now? Also, will 3 rattle my bones as hard as 2?

3 is 1's direct sequel, you play Harry's daughter.

Obviously not

It was a nice accompanying piece and the good end was capable of making you feel the feelings you are feeling.

Play the original, it shouldn't be that hard to emulate too. Personally the original is better, especially because in terms of puzzles Memories is really weak. Don't play 3 until after you beat the original, it's a sequel that takes place years after SH1's Good/Good+ ending.

I don't think anyone would be down on Tomm if they scrapped the SH license at the last minute and it was just another dungeon crawler on handhelds with the same ideas.

I thought it'd be the other way around.

Please do not make this thread about that awful game.

I just like horror games in snowy settings.

Fun fact: Unseen 64 has a lot of stuff base don what shattered memories was before Konami turned into into a SH1 remake. It was about a teen runaway caught in a storm of the century blizzard full of monsters.

I would have no problem with that game, since it isn't pretending to be a Silent Hill game

If I'm remembering right, the first Penumbra is a snowy horror game

Shattered Memories was originally "Silent Hill: Cold Heart" and not a remake. What might have been huh?

I hear the devs shut down too. Would have liked for that game to come out on PC.

Oh well, theres always next game I guess that hopefully isnt just a walking sim.

Hope you like action shooters.

Also holy shit I just got to the end of the new TRSHE and Tomm Hullet was so assblasted he wrote TwinPerfect into the fucking game, you can't make this up

I don't, I just want fixed cameras and tank controls back

so wait this clown, Tomm is now working at Wayfoward as a game director? Man I was really looking foward to Half Genie Hero but now I'm kinda worried that this clown might have fucked it up like he fucked up Silent Hill.

So far he's only been put to work on their licensed shovelware games, not any of wayforward's original IPs.

Hope his new found hell in developing games for Autism Time is what he wanted after fucking up the entire game's canon and his white knights to keep defending his honor.

If you look at the games he made recently its nothing to worry about…yet.

I just want the horror conventions present in PS1/PS2 era to come back instead of wanting the RE4/PewDiePie audience, is that too hard to ask?

It gets worse, Tomm made it that every single thing that happened in the series happened because the protagonist or antagonist wrote in their Death Notes, and Santa Hill delivered their wish to them.

Oh believe me, I saw that part. The wound is opened fresh again. And it's canonical.

I wouldn't mind seeing Shantae's inner demons if you know what I mean

It almost makes me wonder if Tomm included that as a joke, or if he was actually butthurt when he wrote that.

For what purpose? The only post TS game that got the official blessing is 0rigins, for good reason. BoM is a mediocre game but it has nothing to do with the canon of the series, it's silly and unnecessary fanservice. If you actually played the game you could easily see it doesn't take itself seriously at all.

This better not be an e-celeb thread.

I swear user,
I SWEAR!!!
THIS BETTER NOT BE AN E-CELEB THREAD!!!

Calm down Mark, no one here like TwinPerfect without begrudgement, it's a Silent Hill thread.

It was going to be pretty much the same game mechanically. There's a design document of Cold Heart floating around.
What got changed was basically the characters and their motivations - making an alternate Harry/Cheryl story instead.

I found it extremely refreshing and had a fun time playing it on the Wii. Best Western SH by far.

They're spergs with patreon, but they are right with what went wrong with Konami's handling of SHill, Tomm Hulett making everything his OC donut steel fan fiction, getting cameos and self-inserting himself every fucking where, and SHill fans still in denial that the game is dead, and they better pony up the cash to collect those pachinko machines.

Like I said, no one likes them without begrudgement.

That would be fine. Let the game stand on its own merit. Fewer people (like myself) would be driven to criticize it and I think fewer people would be driven to defend it if it was just "Winter", some obscure Wii horror game.

Not videogames.

The Climax studio SH games were the only ones that felt like they had effort and love put into them, especially with the level of detail Shazam had despite being on the fucking Wii.

Outside of the joke ending BoM does seem to be serious, especially since Tomm said himself "its canon".

Any anons here with myspacetwitter message him this thread and tell him to come here and clarify himself dont actually do that

Is this the Canadian looking faggot that did the rundown of all the SH games and dropped his cohost because of some insane cunt? Who cares.

What's the best non-canon SH game, and why is it Dementium?

Is Tom Hullet the le fuck you man of Silent Hill?

Nah, Tameem was only responsible for ONE bad DMC game

This shit is cancer.

Someone tell me why it's linked because I'm not watching it anymore then that shitty opening.

did the western SH games sell well enough to make, what, like, 3 or 4 of them? Were fans that delusional or tricked by marketing to buy into 3-4 consistently shit games?

What the fuck is that haircut?
Dude looks like a fucking douche, holy shit.
Cocky little fuck.

Wrong stupid haircut, user, check the reply chain.

They sold pretty fucking terribly, actually, which makes it all the more bewildering that Konami kept making them if all they wanted was money. I think the only one that didn't do terribly was Origins.

Check the post again, sperg

Christ - tl;dw?

So let me get this straight, they spent countless amounts of time and money on failed project after failed project, and then pulled the rug out from under Kojima because of MGS V?

I still hold to my view that Kojima is just as guilty in his firing, but Konami is just as much at fault for resting all of their hopes and budget for home console development on one game after wasting the rest of it on games that the fans already didn't want

I fucked up user, my bad

They stated many times in interviews it was canon and a serious Silent Hill game.

Instead of bitching at people for doing X, explain why X is wrong to begin with.
An argument is not rendered wrong just because someone else said it before. An argument is rendered wrong when it's proven to be wrong.

Say what again? Have you played Aliens Infestation, Thor or Batman: Brave and Bold? Just because something is licensed it doesn't mean it's shovelware and you obviously haven't played these titles if you believe that.

What was it about the DS and good Licensed games?

He meant to say of the recent Wayforward games they've made, he's only done licensed shit instead of games like Shantae or Mighty Switch Force.

Shit was basically a better GBA.

This is the exact reason I hate Ken Levine. Had Bioshock Infinite just been a shitty game on its own right I wouldn't have much of a problem with it, but the fact that he dragged the infinitely better 1 and 2 with them because of retarded timey wimey wibble wobble bullshit I absolutely curse the faggot.

Team Silent just moved on, the original director thought SH was done with SH3, the side project that turned into SH4 was the last from the original team in the end, by then they were scattered around and even in different studios, SH1's director went onto making Forbidden Siren.

Fungo's been an autistic faggot since the early days of Twin Perfect when him and his boyfriend would shit on people that didn't agree with their theories. He can also go fuck himself since he refuses to believe there's anything good about Silent Hill 4.

On a personal level, I think the faggot's a huge piece of shit for not letting Guy Cihi talk more and discuss the game more when Guy was on the LP for Silent Hill 2.

They had to be creative with the limited hardware.

If the figures I'm seeing are to be believed, the sales in the series dropped a little from SH1 onwards (as you'd expect), from 800k for SH1 to 300k for SH4, and Origins sold about as well as SH4 did. Then Homecoming sold about half of that, and Shattered Memories sold about a third of that.

I guess they axed The Phantom Pain after wondering why they were throwing away so much money on a little survival horror series.

That looks DS-era Castlevania as shit, I should try it out.

Oh god don't fucking remind me of that
That stream was fucking awful. Cihi was really interesting and telling really good life stories and Fungo's autism fucked everything up again and again and again and again.

Dave Schaufele's a better interviewer anyway

Story? how did he fuck it all up? Constantly interrupting Guy Cihi or something? wouldn't you want to let your guest and the guy who was fucking involved in the game's production talk rather than fellate your own ego?

He had a Silent Hill 2 stream with Guy in it. Of course he's friends with Guy Cihi, and even Dave showed up at one point, but it was just fucking annoying when both were being talked over by Fungo.

Here's the recorded stream if you're interested.
It's quite long but it's worth it just for those little bits where Cihi talks about interesting things, like how he relates to James Sunderland, what ending he prefers and why, what his take on what James was going through is, how the things he went through in life made him think that, what Team Silent was like, how picky and detailed they were, etc. He also made some funny jokes and remarks, he's a cool dude.

Here's the 2nd part: youtube.com/watch?v=5v9EWUcx6wM

I don't know who this is, and I'm no rabid SH fan, but the monsters in SH1, 2, and 3 are literally giant dildos and uterus's and shit.

If you can't see that, you're probably a child

Sage for tertiary post e-celeb garbage, please take this shit to 4chan

The monsters in SH1 are phantoms and pterodactyls and gorillas and rabid dogs, most monsters in SH3 are confirmed to come from a child's sketchbook too.

Don't reply to bait.

Sorry

I wish Guy personally would stream games by himself. Seems like a cool dude.

I think he said he doesn't play videogames. It would have to be somebody else playing the game, and him commenting on things as they happen.
Too bad Fungo was the one to do that and we'll probably never see another SH2 stream with Cihi ever again.

He would take over anything. The stream watchers would ask stuff to Cihi and Schaufele such as which was their favorite line or area in the game, and as soon as the question popped up, fucking Fungo answered. The questions were obviously for the stream's special guests, but the stupid little snowflake had to butt in.
Close to the end, when stuff about the endings was being discussed, Guy was about to share a particularly bad experience he had in life, but our resident idiot interrupted him by saying TIME FOR BOSS OH CRAP THE BOSS GEEEEE IT'S BOSS TIME and so on

It was cringeworthy. But we still got good insights from Guy and Dave even though we could've gotten so much more.

For a guy who got blueballs from MGSV, he sure did give it to a lot of SH fans that stream.

Oh, and the worst thing of all was the moderation. People started to politely inform Fungo that the questions weren't for him - then as he wouldn't listen the messages got harsher.
Then the mods just started banning people. It was stupidly pathetic.

SH fans still got more fucked since MGS didn't change to a shittier studio and has it's corpse be trotted around with objectively shitty games.
Granted you could argue anything after 3 was just that, but at least they weren't anywhere near as bad as Homecoming or BoM.

Tomm Hulett is a gigantic faggot.

Watching this video made me hate Tom even more, which should have been impossible

The only game it really applies to is SH2, and maybe one monster from Silent hill origins.

In SH2 you're dealing with a dude who "lost" his wife and likely cannot masturbate out of pure shame, so most of the monsters do fit sexual connatations (Nurse was faceless people who took care of Mary, who james lusted over, Mannequin because of the focus on legs and objectification, Flesh Lips because come on,) while others are based around anxiety (those hanging things, the Manderin) and the sickness of Mary and the harsh words she spouted during her hospital visit (Lying Figure) and bugs for the sake of creepy crawlies.

Pyramid Head is an incarnation and representation of James and his guilt, so he "rapes" a monster in a scene, while pursuing james.

the abstract daddy literally does not count, as it's a leaked monster from Angela's world.

All in all, the sexual representation monsters in the game equal up to 3 out of around 8.

None of the other games have a sexual theme, Silent Hill 1's general monster theme was about childish fears, SH3 was about teenage girl fears, SH4 was all over the place but were connected to Walter's past in some way, SH0 was connected to Travis' fucked up family life and trucker job, while Homecoming kinda missed the point by mostly being movie monsters with loose ties and Downpour was a return to form, except for all the very human looking monsters, but that does tie into prison culture.

Aside from maybe Twoback from Origins and the aformentioned SH3 trio there's no real sexual monster shit in the games.

Not to mention in the other games the monsters are not quite linked to the player character.

I was about to correct you on Silent Hill 3, but you at least mentioned it.

SH ended with 3 as far as I'm concerned.

4 was ok too.

Daily reminder Fungo is a dumb cunt who played through SH2 alongside Guy Chihi and the VA for Eddie, it was their first time seeing the full game, and he was a giant annoying faggot rushing past shit the entire fucking time.

That's not how it was at all. His wife likely died recently, due to the fact that he wasn't chased by cops yet. His sexual frustration came from the entire period his wife was sick and he couldn't get any release.