Slow declines

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_Studios#Games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll never understand this, or why people are surprised by this kind of shit happening, it's like you think developers sustain themselves on dreams and Holla Forums shitposts.

I see people posting things like this more than I see people crying about devs not catering to them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_Studios#Games

I still have stronghold 1 and stronghold: crusader

Probably some of the comfiest RTS games out there. prove me wrong.

just wonk my shit up

People bought their games in droves after the masterpiece that was Stronghold 1 but after they switched away from 2D they shat the bed hard for what feels like over a decade, if not more so. It's not pirates at fault here, its the developers unable to do something good anymore.

It's still kinda sad but they've been dead for a long time.

Stronghold 2 was a quality game that suffered from the market of the times.

what happened to puzzle platformers actually requiring puzzles that aren't about pushing blocks or fuckin see-saws

Can you charge the company for posts made outside of the denuvo threads?

Well, at least the graphics are nice.

The only quality thing about it was the branching story-line where you actually defended / sieged depended on who you sided with and counties as a general idea. The game itself was woefully mediocre on its own and shit as a Stronghold game.

they died when half life 2 was released

I'm pretty damn sure it never occured to them to give a single fuck about pirates for last 10 years.

More like slow death throes. Stronghold, Stronghold: Crusader and Space Colony were the first three games they made (space colony being the last of them in 2003), and the only ones that anybody ever gave shit about. Literally all they did since 2003 was ruining the Stronghold franchise and doing HD editions (read: doing fuck all). I'm amazed a company can survive for 13 years just by shitting in a corner and remembering the good ol' days – how the fuck are they not dead yet?

A lot of people bought the new stronghold games on the off chance they were any decent. People refused to believe it was dead in the water until a new studio picked up its mechanics.

Speaking of which, why the fuck is there no stronghold-esque game out yet.

they made this shit instead of a mobile stronghold

embaressing

There already is a mobiel stronghold. It's on Steam and its cancer.

They weren't especially great, they've been riding on that Stronghold gravy train way too long and re-releasing things of past glory. I expected this eventually, especially after that MMO pay2notwait thing.

They haven't released a good game since 2002. Is anybody surprised?

not only that but they also packaged a 20 dollar package for the mobileshit Stronghold with Stronghold 2's full dlc package and you cannot separate them

Someone desperately needs to grab the franchise from their hands, I honestly don't understand how they survived so long as each further installment in the series produces less and less sales. The Original and Crusaders which was shit really could not have made so much money.

Alternatively someone in the game dev threads needs to make a game modeled after Stronghold to show them how its done.

It wasn't really a "slow" decline and it's not pirates fault or anything dumb like that, it's just that all the 3d stronghold games were shit with Stronghold 2 retroactively feeling less shit because of how horrifyingly bad 3 was.
When you look back 2 was kinda ugly even for it's time and clunky but it had more siege equipment for attackers and defenders like soldiers throwing rocks or flaming logs, even legends seems like a fun spinoff.
It's how horrifying 3 was.

haven't played crusader 2 but it seems to be stronghold 2 level quality from what i have seen and read, as in they don't have a new engine so it looks outdated as fuck but it's a functional game.

You seem to be implying people pirated Firefly Studios' games.