Fallout New Vegas

How do I keep this dipshit and his friends alive? We make it to the fire station but they immediately get killed by the giant radscorpion inside and I can't tell them to wait for me to clear it out.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45116/?
8ch.net/v/res/10286568.html
8ch.net/v/res/10274094.html
8ch.net/v/res/10294525.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drift_City
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Cheyenne
youtube.com/watch?v=Dquq8DABdw8
ipfs.io/ipfs/QmZXfkg4Bhn4NRySnEsA38N8stDUd7u7EGxBoc7t1UC75w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

git gud

It's like you don't want to have fun, user.

I used dinner bell, actually, but the trick was to get my followers to rush the scorpion while I pelted it from short range. Before, Logan kept dying because he's a bitch and I told my followers to stay outside of the town because it's irradiated as all hell and I wasn't aware that they are immune to radiation.

Now, how the hell do I get the canyon runner at Cottonwood Cove to give me a ride into Caesar's territory? There's a dog brain over there I need to get.

Is this your first time playing New Vegas?

Yes, yes it is.

You need to be invited to the fort

That comes later in the story.

Well, to answer your question, figure it out yourself like the rest of us did almost six years ago when this great game came out.

You don't actually. There are three possible dogs. One you can buy from a granny, one that runs with a Fiend and another one.

So there's absolutely no other way to get there? I don't want to do the main story, I don't want to choose a faction, I just want to run around the desert killing mutated freaks and chems junkies and maybe helping people if I feel like it. fuck Caesar's Legion, I was just passing through the area and saw those NCR soldiers and their supplies strewn about the ground when thoe Legionnaire faggots attacked me. I'm vilified just for defending myself? Fuck you

yeah I guess so

I got two out of three dog brains. I wanted to get the third one because I thought that maybe I'd have a choice over which one to use, and I was thinking that maybe each one offers the animal unique behaviors or something like that maybe I'm just thinking too much about it

Yes they do.

After hunting down Benny, you get an invitation to the fort and a infamy reset, as well as one for the NCR

Fuck it, might as well make this a Fallout thread.

Who else here /consolepleb/, at level fifty in New Vegas, with save game bloat? :^) Just fucking kill me lads.

Why.jpeg

You only NEED one. Gibson's dog brain makes him do more damage, Fiend's make the faster and Legion gives him +10 DT.

Too poor to afford good PC, can't play with mouse and board very well, lazy, don't play vidya enough to warrant it, etc.

Why is Rex so shit? I understand that he doesn't have any ranged attack and you can't outfit him with armor/weaponry but he's pretty much a paper tiger. Why does he rush at everything and constantly get himself killed? I hate this dog. ED-E > Rex. Veronica is ok but she'll waste way too much ammo on pointless shit like bloatflys.

So who is best follower?

Him and his buddies try to kill you at the end of the quest anyways so it doesn't matter

FNV can run on a potato and there's controller support, no excuses

4, actually. If you manage to fuck up and lock yourself out of getting any of the three special brains then you can get a brain from a random NCR guard dog to use. It doesn't give any special abilities for him though so you never want to actually do it.

I never used him much but Legion brain seems like it'd be the best since he goes down too quickly otherwise.

Bethesda.
Boone for combat skills. ED-E for versatility if you have Lonesome Road.

If someone says someone other than ED-E then they can get back on their Legion Officer's dick.

Anthony Burch please go.

kek

That's pretty good. I wish I had the patience for more roleplay themed builds. I mean I'll try for the first few hours before I realize I'm min/maxing just out of habit.

Why the fuck ENB make the game so fucking dark at day.
Any tips to pretty up the game without this bullshit?
(already have RWLE and NMC and other texture stuff)

I forgot to mention my crowning moment

among fallout waifus there is only one who is not a slut, not a dyke and one who is pure

one I truely call my waifu

Oh, are you talking about the suit?

The mental image of some drugged-up legionary sprinting ludicrously fast down a hill to shove a massive, live landmine into the back pocket of some politician gave me a hearty chuckle.

Moira a cute. Good taste.

The low int options are great, but unfortunately only involve a very small portion of the whole dialogue in the game. Sometimes it clashes very badly.

Im actually doing Wild Card this run

For some reason the NCR thought it would be a good idea to let the infamous pants bomber to help guard their president. There was only one way this could end

is this possible to play full mele build?

yer

i put damage and armour way up on my game so it works as it should irl at low level (ie guy with pool cue loses to guy with pistol) but now i have power armour and chainsaw. just sprinting through hacking people apart in 0.5 secs

vanilla works well for melee as well

Yes. Focus on STR+END+AGL

Tag Melee and/or unarmed Unarmed has better options imo

Tag Survival becuase high level survival makes you tanky as fuck after eating a few food items

As a bonus, you can tag medicine if you wanna be a full-brown drug-addled monster

Yes.
Add a healthy supply of turbo and you're more or less invincible mid game, like the token min-max crit builds everyone has done at least once, but much more interesting. For example, instead of wiping Quarry Junction one-by-one with boring stealth and sniper shittery, you're kiting and punching the shit out of them in slow motion.

I will always roll 7 end for implant grx just for the free turbos. Best part is you can take them into dead money, where they're a fucking lifesaver

I actually liked Moira, despite Bethesda's best efforts to make her hateable. She's one of the very few NPCs in all of FO3 that's actually memorable.

Still doesn't compare to the maximum cutie patootie that is Tandi, though.

Would be a best rush Honest Hearts for better healing/mele bufff recipes?

And what about throw weapons?

I abused those to sneak out of dead money's vault the long way since I never could figure out how to sneak out the quick way before the laser shield blocked the door. 80 seconds real time is a lot of time to hobble out with over 1,000 pounds of gold bars when time is going about 1/3rd speed

Don't forget to get Knock Knock OP, probably my most favorite melee weapon in the game.

ED-E.

Fucking saved.

10/10

What is the best build and why is it Explosives + Melee + Survival?

Nigger if you can drop 400 dollars on a console you can drop 400 dollars on a PC that probably plays games better than a PS4/Xbone.

Because you can rain death from a 10k DPS Mercy, finish of whatever is still moving with your Knock-Knock and then dine on their finely-cooked entrails.

that is a lie

What, do you disagree?

only a lie if you're trying to run a ton of mods. But what is Fallout without a few mods.

>trading your personal death machine with optional incendiary ammo for extra fun that can obliterate giant roboscorpion in under 3 seconds for a sissy rocket launcher

Specifically graphically intensive mods. You can run all of the tweaks, quests, and other such mods you want but if you insist on downloading 15K max res more realistic than photorealistic textures plus ENB then yeah, it'll run like hot asscrack.

one is just easier to acquire over the other user

No, no. It's true.

I bought the game a few years ago…and the goddamn thing was so fucking smooth on my shitty ass computer.

I suppose if you put in those Graphic mods, you'll have a point.

I LOVE IT

>not knowing that dipshit and friends will shoot you in the back as soon as you do the shit, so it's better to let them fucking die

Nope, just a reference. ED-E in that pic looks suspiciously similar to the robot in FLCL.

What kind of an explosive/melee courier are you if you can't even fuck up a bunch of sissy deathclaws?

I play with my difficulty maxed out. I die a few times when I try to go grab Mercy either way Holy hand grenades are too good

Just VATS your way through with a regular 40mm launcher or something. High explosives means that claws will just get juggled for days and you reload fast enough to really not give a fuck about them getting back on the ground.

I'm actually restarting my game from scratch. I haven't done an explosives exclusive before. I have done melee, shotguns, revolvers though. I usually make a jack of all trades because I get so many fucking points and perks I can't help it

HELP ME

Just like don't give in.

I just roll with Thump Thump because 40mm are heavy and Mercy chews through them like a fucking madman. Who needs high ROF when you can one-hit sneak-crit a swarm of Cazadores two towns away.

I had the same problem until I tried explosives+melee. Try it, you won't regret it.

Also, who /dust/ here

Barter is really fucking useful in hardcore mode.

Oh no. No-no-no. Let's not bring this unbalanced "hardcore" shit into this peaceful discussion.

Do I even wanna know what the hell dust is?

It's basically Misery for FNV, as in, it shits everything up to pander to "l33t h4rdc0re" people.

Many people I know say Misery is broken bullshit. Honestly just flip guns to an 11 on both sides and it's difficult enough for me.

Is it possible to complete the game if i kill yes man?

You can't kill Yes Man.

You can kill Yes Man but he respawns.

I dunno, I tried it out after my 4th playthrough and it's kind of fun, in a so-bad-it's-good way.

Pretty much this, it's the NV equivalent of a Slav game dug up from a trash can. It has some decent ideas though, like replacing Karma with Sanity, allowing you to break down garbage for useful parts, etc.

is this bait

okay ty

Yes Man is literally only there to "complete" the game since it's possible to screw over everyone.

And it's still more complete thant the Legion

Every time.

What's the fucking point in wearing power armor when it slows you down, and doesn't offer any real protection? It's supposed to be bulletproof god damn it.

I installed the game for the first time today. Did I do good? And yes, I do have NVSE properly installed.

Bretty gud, although, I would go without realistic headshots, since it makes any fucking NPC with an automatic cancer to fight, since they're innacurate as shit, and will hit you in the face nine times out of ten on accident, and kill you through fucking power armor.

Comes from the fact that NV choose only to do DT (negated damage, if less than), and not DT + DR.

Get a mod that adds DR, preferably a script based one.

Also keep in mind, that crits, like in F1/F2 ignore armor.

I was thinking something like that might happen too, but I like the idea of realistic headshots.

The game runs at 60 no problem, but I get some typical loading highups while moving around. Is there anything I could do to stop that? It is very annoying when I am trying to run across the map.

id give anything to lick her asshole after a long day out in the Mojave.

N-no thanks.

Cuck

Don't forget all the semen pumped up there by NCR soldiers.

Base game is just as bad with Golden Geckos being significantly deadlier than all of the gun using enemies except for the NCR snipers defending the general in the legion route.

m8 for 500$ you can get a computer that will play any game that is out for PS4 and Xbone, better than a PS4 or Xbone. You might get framerate issues for things like battlefield 4 but remember that on PS4 its resolution is downsized from 1080p to 900p and with xbone it's downsized further to 720p

How do I melee these faggots without getting one shot?

Hit first, or drugs

Lots of Med-X.

With the mods I've got installed pure melee outside of enclosed spaces is basically impossible, as it should be.

It's obvious you lot are either console kiddies or vanilla plebs.

You need the right perks.

You've got shit mods then.

In the age of guns, melee weapons are tools and sidearms - end of story. Being able to run at a pack of fiends all decked out with energy weaponry and hack them to pieces whilst shrugging off the hail of incoming fire is retarded.

Medicine Stick with hollow-points is where it's at.

Stuck with vanilla because all I see posted are sex mods and "rebalance" that either make the player grossly overpowered or the npcs grossly overpowered.

When does NV pick up?

I've tried enjoying the game a few times but I just get bored before I get out of goodspring. It just keeps reminding me of FO3 and that game made me upset at how bad it ended

The Legion content got cut severely because Xenimax didn't want any controversial shades of grey shit. They wanted a good guy and a bad guy, NCR and Legion.

But if you pay attention, the game demonstrates that the legion is almost certainly better for the long term prosperity and well being of New Vegas.

Best ending is Independent New Vegas

I'd share my setup with you but after Nexus Mod Manager updated some weeks ago it said it was going to purge my install, so I had to move my install directory so it wouldn't cannibalise it. I know I'm using things like Realistic Weapon Damage, JSawyer, Project Nevada, and a shit-tonne of bug fixes, but other than that I can't really tell you my exact mod configuration. I don't have any mods which add content though, only ones which rebalance existing stuff.

I'm pretty happy with the way I've got it set up. Guns of all kinds are lethal against unprotected flesh for both the player and enemies, as they should be. Ghouls, lakelurks, super mutants, deathclaws, cazadores, and radscorpions are suitably dangerous, and are not to be trifled with.

You don't have to do any of the quests in Goodsprings if you don't want to. It's essentially a tutorial in disguise.

shamefur dispray

You ever fully modify a war club and take it to battle? Those things are outrageous.

Project Nevada is good for the features but only install the core and rebalance. The new equipment is shit and implants are shit too. THEN you gotta fiddle with the options. Most importantly you have to turn food healing ON (It blatantly lies to you by saying "off" is vanilla). It basically makes survival outright useless in casual and a wasted stat in hardcore becuase food and water arent exactly rare. Secondly, you have to mess with the movespeed becuase for some fucking reason they decided to make the ALREADY SLOW AS FUCK run speed even slower (I guess to compensate for sprint but fuck that noise). Then you gotta turn off the first person visor views, unless you want wearing glasses meaning having shitty cracks in your screen when they arent in ABSOLUTE PERFECT CONDITION and you dont want armored helmets blocking off half your screen in addition to the cracks.

Otherwise its a fairly decent mod.

Also you SHOULD be playing with New Vegas Uncut. Not only does it make Freeside and The Strip much better, it also does things like readd the original cutscene for the Silver Rush that explains who that guy tied up IS and why they shoot him.

House was alright but fuck being #2. If the guy showed some humility I'd be more keen on working with him.

I'm not talking about damage when I say you can't go pure melee in my load order, but rather survivability. You shouldn't be able to sprint at a group of gun-toting bandits and expect to get very far if they know you're coming, and even if you get the jump on them they should be pumping you full of lead after you bash your first head in. And yes, I have used the fully upgraded war club. Try coupling it with the knockdown perk, rushing water, and GRX implants to really feel like a god.

NVSE
New Vegas Stutter Remover
4GB New Vegas
There you go.

Don't forget Clean-Deluxe NV.

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45116/?

He's a functionally immortal computer augmented super genius with an army of killer robots and the knowledge of the old world at his finger tips. You're some no-name courier that got shot in the head in some backwater town, and was saved by one of House's robots.

I think he's earned it.

And despite all that I was able to murder his smug ass. I don't care if he was second coming of Christ, he wants to talk shit to someone who can easily murder him, he's only going to get what's coming to him.

That analogy doesn't really work with the situation.

He's a good bet. I'd be fine working with him, as a partner. But you'd have to be a beta to accept being his henchman.

If you stop thinking only of yourself, yes, it does. House, from what we've seen so far, is objectively humanity's best choice. 806c45 killing him because his fee-fees got hurt speaks volumes about his real personality.

House is locked to The Lucky 38, while you can leave and go wherever you please. He probably gets off to micromanaging societies because otherwise he wouldn't have been as successful as he was in his pre-war endeavours. Why not leave him to do what he loves, improving humanity in the process, while you can reap the benefits of his planning and do whatever you please?

Mr. House would've been more likeable if you had a completely different set of interactions with him with a base 10 Intelligence (no implants, perks, drugs) where he doesn't treat you as a muscle but as a partner.

Any way to do this without the mod manager? Last time I used it it felt like it was in too much control to be comfortable with.

NMM is shit anyway. The only reason I hadn't switched to Mod Organiser yet is because my install directory was already chock full of mods. If you're doing a fresh install go and download Mod Organiser, although to be entirely truthful I'm not sure how well it work with FNV compared to Skyrim. It uses virtual installations so that you can have multiple mod profiles while still having a completely clean actual install directory.

While I hate to admit it, leddit usually has some detailed resources on this sort of thing even if the community is pure, unadulterated cancer.

user, when you play a low int asshole who murders anyone who willing to murder anyone at the drop of a hat, you play it all the way through.

Don't fool yourself. Independent is only in the game as a safety net for murderous retards or special snowflakes.

Did you not play the game? House is a near immortal genius with a god-complex and more brains and knowledge than the rest of the post-apocalyptic world combined. The man's a machine, literally, and he doesn't give a shit about your or anyone else's fee fees. "Sorry to deny you a moment of primate triumph, but you'll have to go elsewhere to sound your barbaric yawp" should have given you a clue.

Damn, I really need to get some sleep.

What ENB? I use Gophers shit (Director's chair) and the there are some pretty good options in there. And he also offers Electorocity that adds a buch of lights to NV

I'm doing a Melee build In a game I modded that heavily favors firearms*and am doing fairly well mid game. *If you do mod that game make sure you get stuff that makes you Fast and just Armour up as much as possible**

Wut? In game everyone says as soon as Caesar kicks the bucket Which is soon since he's old as fuck, has cancer in the post-apocalypses and not a ghoul they're gonna fall back into shit eating raiders if the Legate doesn't remold them into one big raiding band to fuck everything up.

House it way better for long term stability of NV while the NCR offers some hope of returning to pre-war timeswhich is shit, especially when you realized that the Nukes dropping was probably a marked improvement for humanityAnd that's assuming you're courier isn't a demi-god by the time you get to decide the fate of NV

I think the Leigon side could have been salvaged from being the option you choose if you play an evil fuck-wit If they let you become the Legate

The nexus in house mod manager might be more easy to work with. Of course you could get over the fact that it's "Too much control" as you'll just be using a few features of it regularly.

I don't think that's just playing pretend, mate :^)

If Caesar is cured of his brain tumour and is given the opportunity to absorb New Vegas into his new civilian empire, the Legion actually stands a decent change of successful reformation methinks. House is still better though.

The Legion was only fragile in their Western frontier. They had an area as large as the NCR that was stable and prosperous back East.

The Legion really got gimped in NV, they had so much more planned for them that didn't make it in.

Why i should play this over Fallout 4?

8ch.net/v/res/10286568.html
8ch.net/v/res/10274094.html
8ch.net/v/res/10294525.html

You've already made 3 threads about this, user.

Except that Caesar states pretty fucking clearly that his goal is to push further west and drive the NCR into the fucking ocean - and then fuse with them to form a Roman Republic.

Yet the moment he tries to accomplish that, he's going to fall right into the same trap as the NCR in over-extending his reach. He's going to have a much tougher fight on his hands trying to take Shady Sands, and with the heavy losses (even if he wins) incurred in the first and second battle of Hoover Dam - he's going to be forced to pull any and all even slightly seasoned soldiers from his borders and replace them with green-as-fuck inductees and mercenaries who are either going to fold like a house of cards at the slightest organized push by tribals or the Midwest BoS.

The Legate doesn't even want to build a new society, he just wants to burn and murder and fuck his way to the ocean because it gets his dick hard - and even he can be talked down in the final fight when you remind him of this fact.

Caesar's Legion is fucked. The NCR's weakness is greed, but the Legion's is ambition - and they both lead to the same dead end for the same reasons.

nice formatting and crossposting friend :)

Which is why I said "if" and "methinks", instead of asserting what I said as fact.

Better quests and writing, mainly. Interesting world and factions. Better dialogue. Worthy decisions, interesting characters and locations.

Purely gameplay-wise though, you'd probably be better off with 4.

Purely gameplay-wise, you'd definitely be better off modding New Vegas.

Or playing STALKER.

Killing Mr House was one of the most satisfying parts of the game. He must not be very smart if he can't even think to use a bit of manners around the incredibly powerful henchman he's using to do all of his shit for him

Get the fuck out

Fucking this. Faggots who dont pay attention think "Legion wont last after it runs out of land to conquer" but Caesar flat out tells you that the legion in its current form only exists as an antithesis to the NCR's thesis, and after Hoover Dam a synthesis will be reached and The Legion will be reborn and restructured into a fully functional military dictatorship run via meritocracy.

Except unlike the NCR, the legion knows how to rapidly expand without over extending. Their adherance to self-sufficiency pretty much makes it so that they dont need to constantly need resupplies of shit like stimpacks when they can easily make healing powder themselves. Shit like "dont let women fight" means always having a supply of fresh legionaries. Strict adherence to a moral code means less bureaucracy and more shitheads getting crucified. "Morale" is basically a non-issue becuase just about every legionnaire only has room in his mind for the legion. Compare Forelorne Hope to Nelson. Forlorne Hope has a myriad of problems despite it being NCR territory, whereas the Legionaires in Nelson are sitting pretty waiting for orders to sack the camp. Not to mention the Frumentariis being fucking amazing at their job.

But the NCR would still end up being a better option, because even if they lose, they're still open to negotiating and working with House and/or the Courier for trade and defense. Caesar's Legion will not, cannot, compromise. They must conquer their enemies, or it undermines the erasure of the cultural identities of the tribes he's already absorbed and risks fracturing his empire. So if they conquer Vegas, and fail, California, Nevada, and the Legion territories all fall into anarchistic chaos. Meanwhile, if the NCR wins - the West is at least still secure - the East is broken, but holding together and potentially can be rebuilt, and Nevada/Vegas is left mostly under (poorly enforced) rule of law which can be built upon over time.

But yeah, House is the optimal path if you're looking for long-term stability since he has the vision, technology, and ambition to rebuild society - while holding the NCR by the balls and squeezing them for caps to build his empire.

If House has any weakness, it's hubris. He has no peripheral vision. He's so lost in his intricate machinations and power brokering that you legitimately blindside him if you decide to betray him.

Isn't it just Caesar who says that once he takes NV, he'll make it his capital to make the whole Legion deal legit?

And even then who's to say it would work? While he's been successful at taking raiders and making them more organized, who's to say he can make them actual people interested in civil living instead of murdering fuck-bents in sports attire. He could very well die before he even states his intentions to his people, even getting his cancer treated. Then that will leave the Legate to lead, who will keep on doing the well organized raider group. Not saying it's not a long shot but very unlikely to succeed And besides House is doing what Caesar wants just in a VERY concentrated area.and doing it well.

The legion isn't just fragile in the frontier, it's repeatedly stated it's just a very good cult of personality. The reason why back East is doing well is because the legion force occupy it fully killing or conscripting any raiders (who are the ones who fuck everything up) that show up.

So once again, once Caesar leaves it all folds like a house of cards as people go back to being raiders but just leaves more prosperous settlements

I'm sure Obsidian could have expanded on it to make it just as viable an option and make the endless argument of who's better even bigger if they weren't fucked in the ass by the kikes

I know this is bait but you got dubs so I feel compelled
NV does what 4 WANTS to do but fails because it either forgot about doing it or failed in trying to make it better Or at least trying to follow NV's suit.

A quick rundown
NV has no clear winner Even independent has a bit of Yes Man saying he might reformat himself to be more independent and possibly means he could be trying to overthrow you now that some heavy legwork is out of the way. And they're all vague tropes/parodies.

Meanwhile 4 hints heavily to the BoS but did try and muddy the issue by making them a bit Nazi-ishas the Independent route doesn't really offer much and doesn't seem to work from a game play perspective you always get radiant quest no matter how much you control and help and reinforce places,

The Railroad are SJT who just have a hard-on for robots over niggers.

And the Institute is has even less going for it then the Legion who you can say has a clear vision and prominent leadership.

NV really changes things up when you mod a weapon, where as 4 is just better stats for weight with only one or two interesting things for energy weapons.

Also Diamond City =/= New Vegas Even if I do like the ramshackle atheistic of Diamond City

One thing I really like about this game is that after all this time, people are still passionate about the world. That's some pretty fucking good writing and world building in my book.

The biggest problem I see with the Legion is forging its own culture distinct from that of any other one tribal group, once, or if, the synthesis occurs. By its very nature of absorbing smaller populations and then scrubbing them of their identity, the Legion already has part of it done, but once the bloodshed and barbarism has run its course, what's going to replace it?

This is all based on the false premise that the east is constantly a hair away from bloody rebellion, which is false as evidenced by how often we're told how profitable trade in Caesar's lands are. The real threat of dissociation comes on the front lines of the west, where the majority of the fighting is happening. If Caesar dies, then yes, it's a little more complicated, but should he live another defeat at the west won't stop him from consolidating his holdings in the east.

What makes you think that the tribal warriors are going to form the bulk of the civilian populace? They're soldiers through and through.

I should say, this is provided that he first holds New Vegas.

Why should you breathe air instead of zyklon b?

But you're not an "incredibly powerful henchman", you're literally some random courier who only gets involved by pure chance. The only reason you're able to kill House is because you're the player, and therefore, a god. A single securitron is armed with a 9mm submachinegun, a gatling laser, a 40mm grenade launcher, and AA/AG missile launcher. The courier wouldn't realistically last a fucking second against one.

Except no, the reformation is designed so he can't be turned against you like how you turned against House. This was confirmed by J.E Sawyer. Yes Man, Literally works for the Courier.

It's an RPG faggot, making a melee build impossible to play is fucking retarded.

Anybody who wants to play MUH SO REALISTIC SHOOTAN GAME in New Vegas is playing it for the wrong reasons.

Or, and this might hurt that little head of yours, gameplay and story are better when they compliment each other. When combat feels weak and anemic while the story is bleak and introspective, there's a bit of a dissonance going on.

Melee was hugely powerful in the first two Fallouts, though. Supersledges were end-game weapons that needed no ammunition and gibbed supermutants.

In Fallout 2, Unarmed was really good, especially after you got a powerfist.

Fallout isn't a realistic version of our world- it's like complaining about Marshal Dillon taking out a posse of six bandits by himself or Kenshiro punching hordes of villains to death.

Only if you're a faggot, you might think that. Fallout's never had terribly realistic gameplay, melee and fisticuffs was always a possibility and the Fallout universe has never been one for realism.

Like the user below said, it's like complaining about being able to take out a gang of twelve by yourself because that's something the grim and introspective story shouldn't really allow.

4 does actually have better GUN-play over vanilla NV. Other stuff does suffer though But you're right about the gameplay being shit since

Radiants are shit and really should be a punishment for not protecting settlements. And protecting the settlement is ass since it requires being a mega-autist to collect enough scrap to make anything decent. And even if you weren't too interested in it the game forces it on you if you do ANYTHING regarding the Minutemen, including just meeting Prreston which the game slyly pushes you to. Also the Power Armor does have a decent feel and was a nice idea over just being clothing. But damn if they didn't fuck it up by giving it a need to be powered by AA battery's. And holy shit the lore rape

Whats more amazing is the banter managed to last through an entirely different game coming out. You're damn right about it writing and world building done right.

Just because the kikes are happy doesn't mean rebellion isn't around the corner. As much as edgy neckbeards like the woman slave thing Ceaser has going, doesn't mean everyone likes it. It honestly seems like the biggest issue that could lead to a revolution.

Of course it could be like my point against warriors making up the bulk of the population so how do you replace them? It could just be the fact we ONLY get to see the front line of a war effort.

The most we get to see of life under Caesar is a single trader who's happy he isn't getting attacked constantly and Raul says something to the same effect.

If we got to visit a town or two that's under Legion control that showed it was completely normal except well defended and the woman were only expect to cook and be more of a Nuclear family stereotype And not be pack mules like we see then the Legion would just as sympathetic as the other options.

But "Powerful Henchman"=Player Character=god (Like you said). And there's the fact that you meet by chance, but that chance leads to unlocking the full potential of Securitrons who are limited to their sub-machine gun at first. So if the Courier was able to actually unlock the Securitrons the it could be reason he could stand against the powered up Tron As you have to fight through Protectrons, Sentry bots, turrets, possibly the bulk of the legion beforehand, and getting irradiated. Assuming you're weren't smart or charasimatic enough to make it dead-simple. In which case you could probably build or stock up on EMP weapons.

So if you want to be "realistic", the courier falls way before he ever has to face a fully powered Securitron.

Didn't that explanation came out a good bit after the game and DLC were out? For the longest time (and even in-game) it was a dubious statement of loyalty. Also the independent ending also relies entirely on how good you're Courier is. You're ass could be even less qualified then the Cosplaying Cancer Patient but it happens so rarely so it doesn't really get brought up as a point against the Independent ending.

I'm not talking about gimping the power of melee combat you dolts, but rather making guns actually behave like guns instead of pea shooters. Shrugging off a few loads of buckshot whilst wearing a vault suit is retarded no which way you spin it.

Radiants are shit and really should be a punishment for not protecting settlements. And protecting the settlement is ass since it requires being a mega-autist to collect enough scrap to make anything decent. And even if you weren't too interested in it the game forces it on you if you do ANYTHING regarding the Minutemen, including just meeting Prreston which the game slyly pushes you to.

The problem with defending settlements is that even if you fucking spend hours setting up tons of defenses and gearing up your settlers, the game still requires you run all the fucking way to your heavily guarded fortress to watch three raiders get gunned down by your rocket turrets, or killed by random settlers because they spawned inside your walls.

I never really understood this complaint, you're practically rolling in fusion cores a few hours into the game, to the point where I wish they were rarer. You don't even need to get out of the armor to put them in.

It's better than 3 I guess, but I can't believe Bethesda is still fucking it up this hard. It's not like the lore is at all hard to understand in Fallout.

Your mom spins on my dick at night.

Have you played pretty much any FPS ever made? How much abuse does Doomguy take? Or Blaskowitz? Or Duke Nuke'em? Or Turok? Or Master Chief? Or 007?

If you're seriously positing that you can compare the realism of fucking Doom or the old Wolfenstein games to that of a 3D Fallout game, you're terminally retarded and need to be put down.

And now we have an actual answer. I find that to be better than living in doubt.

No shit. I'm sorry, but while Karma plays a lesser role than Fallout 3 and by extension Fallout 2 It still determines the ending of the choices. If you have very high karma, it's a utopia. Lowest Karma: You're essentially created a lawless state, with none of the support to help it.

The real meat though if you decided to help out the local tribes along with The Boomers and the Enclave Remmets Get the upgraded securitron, Convince the Khans that Caesar will fuck them over and do not replace Papa Khan then they will get a damn good ending. That means you have to work hard for that good ending.

Fuck the BOS though.

The Followers of Apocalypse are always screwed but they're swamp in House and Yes-man ending

It doesnt have ALIENS STARTED THE GREAT WAR for sure but fuuck its depiction of pre-war. Pre-war america wasnt happy sunshine nuka-cola fuckshit that it is in 4, but constant rioting, plagues, and poverty fucking everywhere In 4 its just "everything was fandabbyfabulous until those darn nukes dropped!"

Pull the other one, it has bells

China and the US went to war over oil in the mid 21st century despite having nuclear power cells, fusion generators, intelligent AI, and no plastics. Seriously, half the reason oil is so important today are petrochemicals- Fallout doesn't have ANY sort of plastics or other petroleum byproducts. The computers are metal, the bots are metal, and the furniture is wood or metal.

To be fair, the original Fallout is highly inconsistent about what life was like. It seems that those events only occurred in like the last six months before the bombs began flying. Things escalated, fast, once the oil ran out.

Which, again, makes no fucking sense in a universe without petrochemicals that has fusion technology.

I used Veronica the most because I crafted a lot of stuff because I had points in Explosives, Science and Survival and I needed to recycle E-cells. I love Rushing water, it makes the normal Laser Pistol a SMG and makes the Gatling Laser death.

Gear her up with armor and she can go in and beat up strong enemies with just a few hits, especially with the shotgun fist.

Well that's another thing that confuses me about 4, like, the opening narration makes mention of how shitty life was before the bombs dropped, there's evidence of shitty things going on in Boston in several locations, but Sanctuary looks like wondrous Suburbia and your family is so well-off for a soldier and an out-of-work lawyer that I'm fucking baffled at what it's trying to convey.

lel

Has anyone tried a playthrough just using a combat knife and short range weapons with silencers?

If Bethesda was competent, they would have implied that Sanctuary was owned by Vault Tech and they were using it to groom perfect specimens to test their cryotechnology on.

That's what I thought it was originally, and also why the representative was so adamant about you signing up. But I didn't see anything about that save for a terminal mentioning the people from Sanctuary Hills, but that's just as likely to be them just talking about the town that happens to be nearby.

That's what I mean for Radiants being a punishment. If you have a decent number of defenses (Say two turrets or one rocket turret per person) there should be no fucking raiders or kidnappings. I shouldn't have to warp to a place to hear about some raiders kidnapped someone surrounded by turrets or watch a Laurel and Hardy skit involving turrets. I should only have to deal with shit if I didn't prepare. Doesn't help that making a wall doesn't help the defense rating.

It ties into the Lore rape. Power Armor, even early stuff, while under heavy load, the cores would last 100 years. Just normal use would result in ~500 years of use out of a core. The complaint isn't that it's a pointless mechanic, the complaint is it shouldn't even be a mechanic. And for the lore rape
JET

Not even 3 fucked up this hard, it's almost to the point where they tired to go in the face of the lore.

It does suck that no matter what you do the BoS are kinda assholes, especially considering the work you have to do for them. Like the best you can get out of them is for them to keep being recluses, but without the impending doom of centuries old tech. Every other option results in them becoming well-equipped but spesific raiders.

The Followers actually do alright if you sort out shit in Freeside and get the Atomic Wrangler to supply them with detox drugs. And if you leave Caesar alvie if going legion or getting them to support the NCR which frankly isn't hard

The only downside if you have to listen to Tina Fey as Veronica and how much she sure loves the taste of beaver-skin rug

I'm sure someone has considering all the goofy builds people talk about But hey, nothing is stopping you from doing it

I thought it was obvious but it's one of these cookie-cutter proof of concept suburbs. The only reason Nora and Nate are there is because of his military service. Yeah there are a lot of issues and poverty at the time due to resource shortage but they were using the army as law enforcement to control looting. A lot of 'looters' were actually protestors that were gunned down by the military shortly before the nukes dropped. That's my personal theory anyway. The area looked 'perfect' and most of them weren't living the stereotypical 50s white picket lifestyle. Particularly in the cities.

yeah, they also believed baseball was a sport where teams would beat the shit out of each other with clubs.
There aren't exactly history books in post-apocalyptic America, and the ones that do exist were prescribed by vault-tec or batshit insane ghouls.

Perfectly possible but you can't get a silenced weapon for at least a few levels. If you were hardcore enough or playing low difficulty you could make a beeline and do the first railroad quest for the deliverer.

I dunno, I'd take pre war Jet over ALIENS DID DUH GREAT WARR LOLXDD!!!!

It's pretty shite though, don't get me wrong. At least they mention the NCR and brought the Brotherhood back a bit from being literal Medieval Paladins in the post apocalypse.

I mean that's what I thought as well, and maybe that was indeed the intention, but since there's nothing there to confirm it I don't really know what to make of it. It's bad that I have to wonder if Beth did this subtle thing or if they're just that fucking retarded and inconsistent with their worldbuilding.

Fallout Bible has a timeline and its like 20 years of buildup and shit going to hell before the bombs dropping. The resource wars actually started in 2052 and nuclear energy didnt come until like 10 years later, and even then the nuke plants were being pushed to the limit even to the point of melting down becuase they couldnt handle the load

As for fusion, it was only really able to be used on small scale stuff like powerarmor and cars.

sage for doublepost

So that's why the mass fusion shit for the institute was such a big deal. I just figured it was impressive because it's been 200 years since the commonwealth had a new power plant built.

So they only had regular fission reactors pre-war?

What pisses me off the most is that it's clear the devs never played 2. If they did they would have known that Myron fucking create Jet. He had his own ending slide damnit.

Nuka-Cola was created in 2044. Coca-Cola and Dr. Pepper were created in the 1880s.

The setting is hella inconsistent.

That's huge, though. If you could replace oil burning cars and harvesters with fusion, you'd eliminate a lot of our reliance on fossil fuels. Furthermore, Fallout is a society that appears to have never developed plastics or other petroleum byproducts- coal would become far more important than oil overnight.

Oh yeah, nobody at Bethesda has played the original games. They played New Vegas, I think, but it was clear with 3 and the inconsistencies in 4 that they don't really care about 1 or 2 at all.

The thing is that only the united states had the technology and China still needed oil, which the US had

They've clearly played even less than that, or else they would have understood what the writers meant when they said war never changes, and they would have understood that the G.E.C.K wasn't anything magic just the plans and some seeds to convert your vault into a settlement.

The funny thing is that FO4 retconned most of the lore.

did it actually?

How is what you're talking about related to him? He's talking about lore regarding how the war starts, not in-game history revision-due-to-lack-of-sources Though it seriously is dubious that EVERYONE forgot how baseball was played. Maybe they just let him go off since it IS more amusing then what baseball actually is and know they won't change his mind

I believe he's talking about NV there Todd. And even if it was about 4, coming from someone who blasted through half of the story so I could play Far Harbor on a fresh character, I don't think you can bee-line the Railroad. First you have to hear about them Earliest I think is Diamond City, then you have to walk their stupid city tour Which is quite a trek then you have to go from the city to bumfuck nowhere to start their loyalty test. I'm not saying you can't rush through that but it'd be a hassle especially since you could just get a few levels and just make Silencers.

I can't really think of a quick way to get a silenced weapon in NV except getting luck via barter or rushing Ratslayer

While 3 DLC fucked up one thing in a major way, 4 fucks up a bunch of basic shit in big ways. It's like having the option of one 10-inch cock ram you, or being forced a bunch of 6-inch cocks fuck you.

Also they didn't do very good with BoS, just switching them from literal palidens to quasi-Nazis

It's not even having to play something. There's wiki's and a bible for this shit. And they got called out on twitter about it, rightly so. There's no reason it should have happened except for willful ignorance.

I think the earliest the Fallout timeline goes back is 1957 when Mariposa Military base is built. Though why Nuka Cola became the go to brand despite being slightly radioactive is curious.

Well, that just sounds fucking retarded. If they could make fusion cells small enough to be used in weapons, armor and cars, there's literally no reason they couldn't upscale it or wire up thousands of them like batteries.

You sure you're not remembering wrong, and that the US had the large fusion reactors working, but still needed oil to power airplanes, cars, etc?

Thats why I still hold that 3 and 4 arent fallout games.

Fallout New Vegas is the only real sequal to 1 and 2 becuase it actually builds off the events of the first two games. You actually get to see what became of the NCR and of the tribals

The war was kicked off by the United States going out of its way to annex an oil well in the middle of the Pacific. By embargoing China and Europe, it raised hackles and led to war.

China needs coal more than oil, anyways.

Doesn't the ending say that, after Myron died, nobody remembered him and they even forgot he created Jet? Never actually picked up the little asshole, I didn't like New Reno much to begin with.

G.E.C.K. was inconsistent between games. It was going to be pretty damn powerful in Van Buren ,if I recall.

Small scale fusion was developed a decade before the great war. It would take at least 2 decades to upscale it and actually build a reactor, much less enough to power the entire country.

Well.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

IIRC Goodsprings general store always has a silenced .22 pistol in the inventory, because the game treats the store interior as the vendor's inventory, and the pistol is sitting in one of the counters up front.

If I remember correctly in the BOS hideout, they mentioned President Johnson and the Vault dweller of the first game.

So they did play it, they just miss the goddamn point of the games.

Something like that, it's been awhile. He got stabbed by a junkie, fittingly enough.

But with transportation, militarization, and agriculture covered, you've already covered most of oil's uses. America predominantly burns COAL for electricity, supplemented by hydro, wind, and fission.

Euyp, you got it user.

Myron VA also played Craig Boone in NV

China was still heavily dependant on oil though. The United States still had some but refused to trade.

I though the GECK was still pretty powerful even in 1 and 2. If anything it's horrifically underused in 3, just to fix something that could have been worked out via engineering.

Also while people might have forgot who made the stuff in the first place, that doesn't explain how an untouched prewar terminal owned by Vault-tec, would be asking for shipments of something that shouldn't even exist yet.

Ah, cool. Though I'd definitely stock up on Anti-venom and Rush to get chances knife and Ratslayer if I had to start with a .22 pistol.

All you need to bumrush the railroad first mission is to [spoiler]go straight to the old north church basement, enter password 'railroad' and meet Desdemona in the entranceway. The freedom trail is optional you don't have to follow it or get the quest in diamond city.

You can also just wait a few levels until you find a random loot weapon with a silencer, then you can either just use that or take the silencer off and apply it to whatever weapon you are using.

I'm not playing Fallout 4, I tried and I didn't like it so I dropped it. I asked about New Vegas

It's not possible, sorry.

What's the fast track to getting into the Legion? I don't want to have to kill an entire camp of NCR right off the bat to prove my worth.

I've never been able to finish a Legion playthrough. I usually get pushed into independent or House by the time I can finally start on the Legion.

You should be able to just hop across the river and pay Caesar a visit, I think. They aren't hostile to you until you piss them off.

No it's not, and that's the fucking joke. "The Chosen One" is sent on an epic journey by ignorant savages high on psychedelics and murders half the wasteland just to find the "holy GECK", and it's just a box of seeds and a pen flashlight.

I mean joining up.

Yet they help save their clan from being wiped out by the Enclave.

It's a happy coincidence.

What? Did you ever visit Vault City? That was all made using the GECK.

Honestly, Fallout 2's entire story is the fucking joke.

No they don't. The Chosen One uses the skills he gained murdering half the wasteland to blow up the oil tanker and blow Horrigan in half. He then leads the tribals and vault 13 survivors to safety and creates Arroyo 2.0 somewhere that isn't a burned down shithole ravaged by droughts.

No it isn't. They tell you they used their GECK to start vault city, not that it was the ONLY thing they used. You're forgetting that you're an ignorant tribal, and that all the vault city residents are fucking cunts.

Seriously, did you niggers even play the game?

THE FALLOUT BIBLE

There is literally nothing wrong with Pax Romana

The GECK also contains building components and chemicals to produce them. Coupled with the generator in the vault, ti was able to produce fertile soil and basic structures.

You have to assume that it had components intended for purifying the soil and environs of radiation. Considering how plentiful and effective radaway is in ALL the games, it's hardly beyond their grasp.

This is the worst image I've ever seen. What's it advocating? What exactly do these people have in common?

It's a joke about how every villain in the Fallout series is trying to "fix" the Wasteland- and how their plans backfire.

I know what it's supposed to be, but there's no one connecting factor other than "they want to change the wasteland somehow".

its just a meme you dip

Yeah, well it's a shit one. I'm a connoisseur of the finest memes, and I will not stand for this.

Murder.

Why is Boone such a retard?

Exactly how well guarded do you think the slaves are? I'll give you a hint: very.

NCR ineptitude in the Vegas area is one of the running themes of the game. Why do you think Camp McCarran is in such a shitty state? They wouldn't be willing to commit resources to a slave break.

Actually a terminal in the BoS chapter of the Capital Wasteland mentions the family of the original founders of BoS, and the kid that lives there is even a descendant
Also Harold went all the way to Washington DC from the west coast somehow

Because he was alone, the NCR couldn't have helped him if he asked (look at Ranger Station Echo), it was broad day and by the nighttime his wife would've been shipped-off back east, etc. etc.

You're a retard, user.

I always seem to have trouble modding New Vegas. Specifically, it's hard for me to figure out when mods conflict and that red exclamation mark appears. I downloaded a mod that adds weapons and they're all big red exclamation marks.

That means the game can't locate mesh. Check data folder, if you have folders like %mod name% or "data" then you should go into those and take whatever is inside of them to the actual data folder.

Well don't I feel like a ninny. Thanks user, will check on that.

Melee is easy fucking mode.

You basically stomp everything that gets near you. You get motherfucking super slam and basically knock niggers into space and then when they land you pound the shit out of them till their heads explode.

is it possible to play with anything but melee/unarmed?

The intro to the game makes absolutely no sense. The reason the world went to shit in the Fallout games was due to dwindling oil reserves, hence why the Enclave made their base on an oil rig so they could have their own supply.

In FO4's intro the Narrator talks about the boom in atomic energy and that most of the technology ran on Nuclear power. Then in the same intro it mentions the crisis that resulted in the chaos leading up to the War.

It's literally "Things were great and then they just went bad" rather than what was really going on which was a slow decline and eventual collapse of society leading to the Great War.

You have options.

Actually, that was in the first game, too. It's really fucking inconsistent to begin with ,probably because it was more of a political statement than based in how new technologies would change our reliance on fossil fuels.

The first fusion model cars were sold to civilians seven years before the end and, besides that, you find a working Highwayman in the second game.

On top of that, the game shows a level of ecological destruction and resource depletion that seems ripped from After Man. The games talk about Canadian forests being chopped down to feed the American war effort, for example, as if we needed lumber for that.

I thought the fusion powered cars thing came too late and were so expensive that literally nobody owned them in the pre-war except whoever could afford them?

But you need that for so many gun furnishings since theres no plastic and also crates, most furniture, houses and uh… books and magazines and baseball bats

By my count, there's only three highwaymen in the entire series, and only one of them is in working condition.

That's… That's generally how ownership of products goes.

I thought it was made by Obsidian?
:^)

So where the stealth boys at? Is there a way to make them? That Crimson Caravan woman wants me to go on a suicide run inside the Gun Runners manufacturing warehouse to get some schematics, and she wants it to be a clean job. No deaths. I just know I'm going to die if I try to stealth it without invisibility cloak.

In the first two games? Aren't there a bunch of wrecks and also for example half-car caravan carts?

Yeah I phrased that wrong.

What I meant to say was that the Nuclear fusion cars were meant as a replacement for all fossil fuel cars. But instead of being something that every God fearing, family man American could buy they were instead extremely expensive that nobody was able to own them.

Goodsprings schoolhouse safe, Joe Cobb, and Nightkin at the Repconn launch site definitely have some.

Something tells me this wasn't the case.

They invented fusion technology in the middle of an on-going war.

This used to be the case. The FO4 intro makes it seem like they invented Fusion technology before the War with the Chinese (or any previous War that was going on).

Do you think that I care what Bethesda thinks?

Most of the energy generation had already switched over to nuclear long before invasion of Alaska. That being said they still needed oil as fuel for way too many things and then many other side products.

In between FO2 and New Vegas, in NCR like 1 in 100 citizens can get a car via lottery or something like that and all those "military truck" props in the McCarran are in working order. Even the fucking train was should still be functioning…

Too bad FO3 engine was so shit it could only handle highwayman wreckages.

There's the wreck you salvage the fuel cell regulator from, and the one you can steal/buy. Then there's the crashed one in new Vegas

It could just be that all the other regulators rusted to shit during the 200 years, or were "salvaged" by scavengers.

In fact, i'm pretty sure that the only reason why the fuel cell regulator you can get hasn't been taken and sold to a junk merchant is because the only way to get it is through the rat god's lair.

Fun fact, there is/was an online racing game made on it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drift_City
Dunno if it still functions but it was sort of decent in 2008

I don't think that you get my point. The flavor text for the Fuel cell regulator was
It implied that Fuel cell regulators weren't popular at the pre-war era because fuel cells were plentiful.

They had force-fields in the NCR. So they probably aren't too reliant on scavenging. It is probably something like the Gunrunners.

-You, 2016, On historicity, logic, and not having a clue what you're talking about.

He only has 3 INT.

Mr. House had 5 Int.

Let's get madder; New Vegas sets the stage for a post-mojave campaing which is even-less-popular-then-vietnam with more then enough groundwork to shove in pretty much what you want with political chaos on West Coast. You can even get shitty East Coast BoS invade West Coast.

Then Bethesda sets FO4 in Boston and does fuck all with it.

Especially with the events being so self contained whatever happens in Boston Downtown doesn't even effect anything outside city limits.

Throwing spears are pretty strong, especially in the early game.
I would suggest to rush HH anyway, as it's the worst of the DLCs.

Why the fuck would you want Bethesda touching the west coast?

user please

House means well but he has serious auts, so I cant blame people for being turned off by him. The man has like 0 CHR.

And he does, once you give him the chip and untwist his panties that were tangled up for the last 200 years.

those stats don't mean shit.
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Cheyenne

And according to the story, the machette-wielding legionaries wreck rifle-toting NCR troops. Therefore, you are a faggot full of himself.

You mean after they lost the first battle of Hoover Dam? You consider that to be wrecking them?

Considering we see first hand the entire game that the Legion doesn't only use melee and thrown weapons, I think it's safe to say that you're a retard who only takes in information that's convenient for his argument.

I'd recommend doing a boxer run sometime.

After having leaders sniped and the troops baited into explosives-a-city. And even then NCR troops call it a chaos where they lost shiload of people.

Nobody said they only used that. I'm saying that it's stated several times in-game that in battles, Legionnaries often manage to get into melee range (therefore they don't drop like flies from getting shot at).

Also, according to the story you can survive a point-blank double tap headshot. So again, bullet spongeness gameplay and the story do compliment themselves in vanilla already, no tryhard realism mods required.

That was 100% Joshua Graham's fault. He essentially tried to push his troops through a bottle neck which let the veteran legionaries easily get picked off by snipers while leaving the recruits in the front surrounded on both sides by NCR rangers. Even Hanlon says Caesar wouldn't have made that mistake.

Caesar didn't burn a man before throwing him off of a dam for no reason.

You can in real life. Its just highly unlikely and you'll probably not be the same as before.

And the Legion still lost thanks to Graham's retarded leadership. It's almost as if walking straight towards men with long range weapons when you have mostly short range weapons is generally going to result in you getting shot up.

No, you immediately collapse and would soon die unless you're rushed off for immediate surgery. Again, only taking details that are convenient for you.

That doesn't change the fact that the Legion's first failure at the dam is a perfect example of why using melee in an open setting is retarded.

the courier certainly wasn't the same as before. he became an ass wrecking murder train. Doc Mitchel knows his shit, apparently.

and according to gameplay, the machette-wielding player can wreck anything on the mojave

The player can wreck anything with anything, to be honest, given enough tenacity and a few quick saves

Or just chim

Just so everyone is clear, it wasn't just oil that was getting scarce, it was uranium too.
youtube.com/watch?v=Dquq8DABdw8

This triggers the Legion fags.

Reminder that Sneering Imperialist is the best perk

kek
I never picked that perk

it is not applied to black tribals

I have a five-year-old toaster with 4gb RAM and a shit video card, I run tons of mods at a high rez, on low settings. doesn't even crash, if you get the crash-fix shit.

Pic related.

I sided with Yes-Man the very first first time through simply b/c I realized it was Dave Foley, no other reason.

But… that's more racist than if was applied. Why

What a shit meme.
What a shit triple post.

Cheyenne as smart as house confirmed

Do you get stutters while walking around the man? I have a lot better PC and the game is far from a problem to run, but I seem to have a problem with loading the map. Might because of failing to install the 4GB fix or NVSR or whatever.

Are you enjoying your summer before you have to go back to school, fag?

What are some good quest mods? I already have New Vegas Bounties and the rest of the creator's mods installed.

FalloutNewVegas repack. I was working on this for an user in the recent "Mods that makes game 100% better" thread. Unfortantely the thread died before I could finish. The picture is the load order and which mods have been used.

ipfs.io/ipfs/QmZXfkg4Bhn4NRySnEsA38N8stDUd7u7EGxBoc7t1UC75w

password: {around-the-name-of-the-archive}

"..you can use a public gateway to download the files via HTTP (like with your browser) or you can use IPFS itself which will get them directly which is much faster than going through a remote gateway.Here are some videos on how to use IPFS if you're interested in doing it directly but remember it's not required, just add the path to a public gateway like ipfs.io." - Share thread.

Except that's wrong. The Legate is the one who wants to push into NCR and conquer them. Caesar wants New Vegas to establish his Rome so he can turn the Legion from a roaming army into a proper nation.

Plans to conquer the NCR are extreme long term plans that could span decades.

The problem is that Caesar has created a culture that actively works against that.

The Legion should have had its edges softened. The game should imply that there are cities back east, full of peace, culture, and learning. There should be a Senate in Nova Romae or something similar. The player should have the opportunity to meet a senator, old and fat, at Caesar's camp who's leaving after failed negotiations with House.

What you see in Vegas should be the pointy end of the stick, where the rough and dirty happens in defense of the smooth and clean. Caesar's goal should be to destroy the old world and start fresh, only producing what they fully understand instead of piggybacking on scavenged tech.

It does through the loading screen messages and the characters that talk about the Legion.

The real problem is Caesar turning his army into a peacekeeping/police force.

The most they imply is that Caesar keeps raiders out. I recall Sawyer or someone saying that cities back home are safe, but oppressive and grueling. Caesar takes the best of everything to outfit his troops.

Part of the problem with that, too, is that his army is equipped in scavenged football gear and makeshift weapons. They SHOULD be dressed in handmade uniforms wielding uniform weapons.

IIRC he said that life was generally good if you didn't step on anyone's toes and taxes low, but if you pissed of a legionary you'd end up on a cross pretty quickly.

GREATEST HANDGUN EVER MADE
I'm probably switching to the Sequoia later though

people just seem to explode when you shoot them

Oh yeah, I forgot about Finesse. Make that 75%

I think the reason hilariously enough is that all the black NPC's are already considered raiders in addition to whatever else they fall under. Of corse I could just be misremebering something I read here.

Because there were no black tribals among Honest Hearts tribal races, so Obsidian didn't bother.
And that was because the tribals were a mix of german tourists who were visiting the Park when the bombs fell, and spics who wandered in.

That's because it's a game. Otherwise a guy who predicted a Nuclear War and managed to stay alive for 200 years, able to remote control robots kilometers away wouldn't simple leave a terminal leading to his personal chambers exposed, the way to his chambers undefended, would't remote lock the doors and all.

I like the custom dialogue for Sneering Imperialist, but I feel like it's a very bad trait outside of Honest Hearts. By the time you can get it, the only tribals you'll face that are even slightly threatening are the Fiends and they're no great challenge unless you burst into their vault, guns blazing.

To be fair, they could have made House a little tougher to get at. I mean, if you're hostile with the Strip you'll have to fight your way in, but otherwise you can come and go as you please.

There should have been multiple floors to fight through with turrets and automated traps.

Exactly. You have a harder time facing a bunch of guys wearing sport-gear than a technological genius with a cache of old-world tech and a private army of murder bots.
Hell it should have turrets in his meeting room.

They really should've removed it being unlocked if you have the platinum chip and kept it so that you either need the Lucky 38 VIP keycard or 75 science to get in.

How do I make the fucking game work?

IT WONT EVEN LAUNCH FOR ME AAAAAHHHHHHH

what specs u got nigga

the weapons added are pretty much all guns from the older Fallout games

seriously most retards playing FNV that get a CTD when using mods most of the time don't sort load order

And I'm an unstoppable gunslinger who can kill 50 Veteran NCR rangers with 1 hand while taking a piss with the other. Being able to kill him makes me superior to him. End of story.

I feel like the old guns are just clutter. They're very similar to existing guns about ninety percent of the time and it's easier to leave drop tables alone than try to figure out if a Needler is better than a Sequoia and whether you should keep the ammo.

get LOOT, get FNVEdit. Clean your game, including the DLC. It is very simple process, there are plenty of tutorials on youtube that teach you how. You need to clean your game so that mods will have better compatibility Once your game is clean, then you want to get Fallout Mod Manager and do like says and check your load order. The base game has a specific load order and most mods will adhere to it, meaning you'll usually place mods after the base game files. Once your game is up and running, get NVSE. It's a script extender that many mods require to run.

Basic list of mods you may want to try out:
NVAC New Vegas Anti Crash. Does what it says on the tin.
Yukichigai's unofficial patch is a compilation of bug fixes for the game
New Vegas 4GB Extender. Basically allows the .exe to consume more memory which makes the game more stable. Also look into the ini file fix (bUseThreadedAI and iNumThreads fix)
Fallout_Fullscreen is a simple program that allows you to run the game in borderless full screen mode so you can alt+tab without minimizing/completely leaving the game

All of this is just to get the fucking thing to run. I don't know about cosmetic/quest mods or whatever. I hear Tale of Two Wastelands is supposed to be alright.

You're going to break your game that way. Mod authors tend to assume most people haven't cleaned their DLC ESMs, sometimes their mods rely on those ITMs and other errors in order to function properly.

Since official DLC should always be loaded first (unless a mod requires specifically to be loaded first, which none that I know of are), you don't have to worry about them as much. You just don't want a plugin with a bunch of dirty edits lower in your load order, since the lowest plugins in the order will always over-write the plugins that are loaded before it. You don't want some useless edits potentially breaking the functionality of your other mods by editing the same assets and resetting them to vanilla because some dickhead just hit Ctrl-Z and called it a day.

It made no sense for an outside terminal to even exist. If the game was consistent with House's carefulness and planning, he would've designed his stasis chamber so it can only be opened from the inside.

He is immobilized. If something happened to him, he'd need a way for his robot caretakers to come fix things for him. It might not make sense for him to have a terminal, but there SHOULD be a way to hack your way in. Maybe spoof a radio signal so that it thinks you're one of the maintenance bots or something.

real talk, if Obsidian made a New Vegas 2 (aka, another fallout game) would it still be good?

Probably not since Chris Avellone left and Josh Sawyer is a retard

No way in hell. NV was a miracles to have happened and really just drive home the point on how shit Bethesda is. But Chris Avellone left and Obsidion has been infected by the SJT's going by what happened with Pillars of Eternity.

And it's not like Todd's frail ego could stand to get shown up again, so Beth and Zeni will fuck whoever tries so hard that BoS will seem good.

Also the threads auto saging now, gonna post some cancer.

Sounds about right

What do you think you're doing, son?

bro, he could have easily made sure a couple of bots were standing guard inside the chamber when he sealed it. any way you look at it, it makes no sense for that place to be accessible from the outside. it's an oversight completely out of character for a guy like House.

Fallout Resurrection thread?

Is your Steam NV folder called Fallout New Vegas or Fallout New Vegas enplczru?

In the latter case (aka if you're a slav and live in slavistan) there is a fix involving adding commands to shortcut directories. Google it.

You get in via the access codes on Benny's corpse, if I recall correctly.

My mouse doesn't seem properly constrained in the game window. I can still click things on my taskbar and such, and I've actually opened and closed windows accidentally while in-game.
I don't recall having this issue with NV before; any thoughts?