Denuvo

Well done piratefags, once again you ruined it for everyone.

Other urls found in this thread:

dsogaming.com/news/denuvo-has-been-defeated-first-doom-crack-is-now-available/
thepiratebay.org/torrent/15513665/Rise.Of.The.Tomb.Raider-CONSPIR4CY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cuck

LOL

If you actually wanted to play shite then you deserve your hard drive getting bricked

I'll bet you think guns kill people, too. Also there has never been a good game that had denuvo attached to it.

why in these denuvo threads does nobody EVER mention ollydbg?

you're all stupid

I don't even want to play these games for free

How computer illiterate are you?

You know what's best about denuvo? Games got cracked, I still don't give a fuck about them. Not even worth to pirate.
Go back to cuckchan, shitter

Pirates and buyfags BTFO

wow, you sure chose a bad day to make this thread, 3 games with denuvo just got cracked in the last 24 hours

user, lay off the sarcasm.

Didn't 3DM say that they give up on JC3?

someone else is cracking them, he's on a roll

this thread would have been fine a day ago but nuDOOM, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Inside have all just been cracked/bypassed by Volski

I'm just waiting on Total Warhammer

3DM isn't the only cracking group, this is some Bulgarian dude named Volski

God bless slavpirates.

kek

8chon is completely out of touch regarding piracy. It reads like TorrentFreak. Piracy stops people buying games they otherwise might buy. Just because some nigger guilt trips themselves or wants to be a good guy and buy it after doesn't change shit. You have no idea how the average responsible person operates. Free is better than paying. If they can avoid paying they won't pay at all, especially in shit hole countries. Told you faggots this for months. You're getting your shit kicked in badly by DRM. No gook crackers are going to waste their time anymore.

Your whole naive narrative relies on "we can't possibly know how many". Just as bad as "if you make a good game it will sell".

Which is it?

Pirating never stopped me from buying games. And I'm yet to see "an average person" buy games.

take your copypizza somewhere else

also JC3 with bypass (warning; uncompressed pixels): magnet:?xt=urn:btih:697de32603037f211afc593aeba84a66bb9832eb&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftr.rustorka.com%3A2710%2Fannounce%3Fuk%3DacuooZimO1%26&xl=61627579886&dn=Just.Cause.3.XL.Edition.v1.05.SteamRip-Fisher_(Rustorka.com)

Good thing we've got based slavs, then

If that was the case, games owuld have no sales whatsoever, yet, on the contrary, we see the games industry to be worth billions of dollars

You anti-piracy faggots regurgitate the same stupid shit over and over again

Almost every single one of my friends is a good goy that buys games, I only know of one that is willing to pirate but he does it on the same philosophy as me: buy games if you want to support what the devs are doing, don't buy even if you like the game if you do not support what the devs are doing I like fallout 4 to some extent but I don't want to send Bethesda a $60 message that having shit writing, voiced protag, and no RPG mechanics is something they should continue doing

This bypass just require a throwaway steam account, right? No purchase history necessary? I don't want to risk losing my main account when this gets patched

You can make a throwaway, yes

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

"patched"

You can't patch this, an old version of steam will stay accessible forever, just don't update

Good goy

Actually I'm thankful for denuvo.

I stopped downloading new games that I know are shit just to "try them out", and end up playing a couple weeks while bickering all the way at how crap it is.

I now play actual good games, older games, smaller budget games that I do buy from respectable devs, and I'm even looking a lot into the various linux distros and getting more and more ready to make the jump, because hey, if I'm not playing recent AAA games I really don't need windows.

So I'm thankful for denuvo, it has forced to push me off my routine of self harm by triple A shit, and I hope it will similarly help others get off that addiction.

It's not Homefront so I don't care, and even then I just care because TS2 with PC controls.

EVERYONE POST DENUVO GAMES RATING
NU DOOM - 6/10
RISE OF ASS - 7/10
JUST CAUSE 3 - 5/10
POST YFW SAVED 180$

You forgot Inside

I've seen this linguine before.

shiiiiiet indie nu males btfo

I pirate all my games before you call me a shill.
You people are all fucking retarded.
You're literally stating that stealing the game doesn't lead to a loss of revenue for the publisher and developer.
inb4
The majority of games are sold digitally now, the format doesn't make any difference, you're obtaining the product without paying for it regardless of whether or not you have the physical copy.

Just cause 3 is better than a 5. I don't know what it is, but it's not a fucking 5

Shill.

I wonder who is behind this post.

piracy is not stealing its copyright infringement.

Devs target consoles because consolebabbies will eat up so much more shit than PCfags would, and because porting to PC is piss easy to extent you can outsource it for pocket change to some student programmers and even a half-assed utter shit porting job is usually OK to drive sales anyway.

it doesn't. it's not a finite, physical product; they literally don't lose anything. the best argument you have is they're losing theoretical profit, and you can't substantiate such a claim anyway.

whatever shill, denuvo games are mediocre anyway.

You would tax air if you could.

You didn't remove data from anyone's hard drive, nothing was stolen. You copied it. Still illegal, but harmless to normal consumers as well as the developer.

The argument is that you 'stole' a sale, but as most pirates were never going to buy the game in the first place…

I don't give a fuck if it's a "loss of revenue".
I steal shit in real life, fuck corporations. They're all sacks of shit that don't care about you, fuck giving them money.

based. also fuck square enix for shitting on thief, hitman, tomb raider.

If you couldn't pirate it, you'd need to purchase it. Almost nobody purchases a game when they could easily get it for free. People who do pirate pirate 90% of their media, if they couldn't do so, they'd be forced to buy the game if they wanted to play it, leading to increased profits for the creators and publishers of the content, you retards have built your arguments entirely out of semantics, no purchase = no revenue, acquiring the product without paying for it = stealing, don't go for the "WELL THEN YOU MUST HATE USED GAMES STORES TOO" because the stores themselves benefit from your purchase, with piracy nobody benefits besides the pirate.

They wouldn't buy the game because they could pirate it instead. Only people who're computer illiterate or paranoid purchase their games, if they couldn't pirate, they'd be forced to purchase.

Guns don't kill people, bullets do. People just chose to let the bullet be free.

Oh MAN we're going to have another thread praising some DLC bullshit to bait people and everyone is going to reply to it again like its the first time they've read it
Stand back and think, who the hell starts threads praising DLC?

γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€βˆ§_∧ γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€ βŠ‚οΌˆγ€€ο½₯Ο‰ο½₯οΌ‰ γ€€ γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€---====≑≑≑≑  ━┳)Π”Β΄) ..;:ο½₯;'βˆ΄γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€/γ€€γ€€βŠ‚ε½‘γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€/぀ /぀         し―-Jγ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€βŠ‚βŠ‚γƒŽ

This thread has nothing to do with DLC.

Oh
Uh
I meant DRM

I haven't purchased a single game with Denuvo on it so far, even if I wanted to try NuDoom. I guess I'm just this weird outlier that you don't have to account for though.

So we can stop pretending nuDOOM was bad now?

It's fine to like games that are generally disliked, but try to understand that other people genuinely dislike the game.

yeah, i reckon those grapes will suddenly sweeten

Although I do agree it's not bad, just mediocre and forgettable.

yet another reason not to be a pc gamer

Sure showed us user

It can be done, but it would be quite an accomplishment to do it from userspace.

those games are mediocre on all platforms

Locally disliked, I meant. Obviously every normalfag likes the game.
Going by that metric, Skyrim is also great.

Holla Forums loved Skyrim until it became SKYRIM XD. Same happened with Undertale.

other platforms actually have exclusives however

Now you're just making stuff up, user.
Skyrim was always disliked, when the game came out everybody posted "Tell Me Lies" because of all the bullshit Todd Howard spewed.

If you want to keep the subject within layman's terms you will time and time again come to the conclusion it's not stealing as long as you don't deny the producer the ability to sell the product.
Hence taking a CD key for yourself is stealing, downloading a torrent is not.

Athiests 1 Christians 0

yes, but denuvo is a good indicator of mediocrity.

Nope, I pirated it and it's still mediocre

things it needs to be good:
Right now it's 5/10 maybe 6, but with all those it would be at least 8/10 (or 10/10 if someone makes better guns, enemies, and levels).

There was almost nothing but Skyrim here for months, user. I think every user must have put in at least 100 hours before declaring it to be a terrible game.

so it a game being on the pc

fucking hated the fact that you need some evil seeds or some shit to have a bigger ammo count. what happened to an ammo backpack? too hipster now?

What a surprise

so most games?

oh.

just pc games

can we stop pretending it was good

Learn to read you dyslexic faggot, they said "genuinely" not "generally"

Yes I love console exclusives like Mount and Blade, Dwarf Fortress, Unreal Tournament 4, Xonotic, Path of Exile >inb4 sjw devs, any mod ever, and a shit ton of older games. They sure are better than those shitty cutscene filled PC exclusives like Uncharted, TLoU, QTE of War, and Halo 5

that this will affect me in the consumption of video game?
that will make it cost more ?
how long to give the pirates circumvent this?

holy shit so much western garbage, your taste is horrendous

world in conflict is better than all console exclusives of today. go back to cuckchan with your console war bullshit.

generally

I found the DooM audience everybody.

wow I'm retarded

what do you actually play on your console(s)?

how is turkey western? also Xonotic isn't garbage

you responded to the wrong post

I forgot what Inside was. It's that other Limbo.

Some kind user can tell me is this threads pro vs anti pirates are ethier assblasted shills form companies, trolls/goons or autistic weridos about consuming and being a good goy?

yes

all these faggots bitching about pirating. I bought Splinter Cell Chaos Theory twice (one copy was from steam 'cause physical copy was somehow fucked up on my computer, did not want to start) after i finished fucking capaign, why? Because of fucking multiplayer. I can't recall any other game that had so fucking fun multiplayer and also a singleplayer that didn't suck balls. Good games deserve to be bought, but fuck this industry that produces more shit like every fucking year since 2009.

So people start looking for better ways to entertain themselves or better uses of their time, and OPs around the world are butthurt. Seems pretty positive to me.

You really came to the wrong place to expect people to not be critical of lazy reboots that don't even understand why the material it was based on was successful.

The thing about the original Doom was that it went against the grain so heavily the game had to be released as shareware, which in an ironic twist of fate made it a massive success to the point you could even lend a floppy at your local library. This led to mass appeal and commercial success.

Now we have NuDoom in an era where there aren't even demos for games anymore, not a single person involved in the original is consulted in any way, the entire game was kept under embargoes up to the point of release and worst of all the game itself conforms so heavily to the worst aspects of the modern industry it's already fading into a level of obscurity the original can't even dream of reaching within the next 20 years.

But sure, now that I can pirate it the game will magically not be a cancer.

Don't dude, they removed Knight Orders and plan to release them as DLC also.
It also lacks the base gameplay of other Total War games such as building in cities and manually recruiting units.

Join us now…

Oh, you showed your hand.

wew

summer leave us already

summer is never over newfag

there is nothing wrong with doom or skyrim, they sold 6 millions

Same goes for anything with SecuROM, Tages, Ubiwhatever and whatever fuck I've forgotten about.

this happens already
thumbs up
works with the way the game was designed
yes
yes, but the ones int he game are not that bad.

dsogaming.com/news/denuvo-has-been-defeated-first-doom-crack-is-now-available/
LOL

Would rate Doom 4 a 8.5/10, and agree with

user come back. I've been looking for someone to play SCCT coop with.

I pirate almost everything, movies, video games and software alike. I almost never buy stuff, because I am poor as fuck so I can't even if I wanted to. If I had money I'd buy things I like.

I simply don't use the media I can't pirate. I won't buy them because I am too poor. And so it is for about 80% of the piracy if you'd ask me. They simply don't have money. And if they do and pirate, either the product is shit or the way they distribute is shit. I think I am the majority, not the minority. Also what you are saying is completely invalid, Witcher 3 has NO DRM OF ANY KIND and it profited for a bit over 100 million$ and sold about 10 million copies by march. You're using the companies' logic which is extremely outdated. Look at the evidence.

The only game i have been prevented from pirating is total warhammer. No other denuvo games interest me

The fact is that, if you distribute software to the public, you can't stop people from hacking it to run under their terms. The only way to stop people from copying and modifying your "intellectual property" is to not distribute it in the first place.

No amount of propaganda, guilt tripping, or calling people niggers is going to stop it either. The only reason anyone buys anything is due to personal ethics, which is charity in my mind, or ignorance. This is not a valid business plan. What if people's ethics change, or the ignorant people learn how to pirate?

This is reality, and doesn't matter what I or anyone believes is right or wrong.

If those apposed to "piracy" want to pretend to be capitalists, they must admit that it is a system of maximising profits. If consumers can do something for free, but they choose to pay anyways, they are not maximising profits. If you impose laws and government intervention, it's no longer pure capitalism. I'm not going to accuse anyone of gommunism now, but I will say that it's not the pirates who are being dirty pinkos here.

The average responsible person is too fucking retarded to pirate, and shouldn't be used as a measuring stick
Normalfags have a hard enough time pirating music from clearnet sites that shit like itunes actually makes money

Except it got cracked.

this is an uncommon viewpoint, just so you know. i almost never see people examine capitalism from the consumer's perspective. they are judged much more harshly for behaving as a business would. i guess the lesson would be "don't play the player".

that's because its been bypassed, nobody has cracked shit yet and still peddle lies on how it works

Do you not care who uses your asshole either? Some of us don't like to run cucked software under any circumstances. Do you also leave spyware and ads on while you browse the web?

Warhammer is out

Godspeed

Copyright infringement != theft

I thought denuvo bricked Solid state drives

It's not my fault nor any other pirate's fault that the publishers don't use a better revenue model. If 99.9% of the cost is development upfront then maybe you shouldn't create artificial scarcity just to match an antiquated system where things actually cost money to create copies. Even the Kikestarter/Patreon models where people get paid upfront for a project or continuously to keep developing are better for the developers and the consumers.

Homefront is out. Apparently Hitman and Sherlock are next but there's no links yet.

I fucking hate how Holla Forums has to insert moralfaggotry into piracy of all things. It aint stealin' but don't you think i don't know lots of you faggots would've bought it if there wasn't a piracy option. download your shit games just don't be a woman

are you new not only to this website but to life?

anyone who makes the argument that pirating causes people to lose money can suck my fat left nut. There's no guarantee of any further actions taken or not taken after the act of pirating, as it is a completely distinct action from buying a product and the intent in the two actions has a wide variety of causes and results.
Before, games were easy to share and demos were plentiful, which meant that you had to make an actually decent game or else people would know that the game was shit and wouldn't buy it in the first place. Much like how movies that studios know are going to be shit place strict review embargos on them and force a strict narrative on them. This has lead today to the claim that "demos cause game purchase rates to be lower" and in fact, I would agree with that statement because demos actually allow you to experience a portion of the game and give you expectations of your purchase before you bought, which allows for many buyers who thought that they wanted to buy the game to realize that it wasn't a game that appealed to them after all, or that the game's quality was over-exaggerated.
Why talk about demos when we don't have any standard of demos or public sharing tools, and in fact the topic is about piracy? well because without demos, piracy has become the stopgap, a method for individuals who would rather waste a few minutes downloading a torrent to ensure that their money that they otherwise would have shelled out for a potentially overmarketed, overhyped pile of garbage that they had no better knowledge about otherwise, or a game that didn't particularly interest them in the first place and would have dropped within a few hours. Both of those would reduce pure sales numbers, but the consumer should not be blamed for expecting a higher quality product than what was advertised to them. This argument is supported by the "5% of people finish our game" statistic that was published from I forget where. A significant portion of individuals, I hypothesize, don't beat the game because they are unable to beat the game, it's that the game simply wasn't for that person, or it simply didn't deserve to have more time than what was already wasted on it from the player.
In the strictest sense, yes, this would cause profits to fall and would "hurt the company" but it's not because someone is "stealing the game" it's because they're exercising restraint and not buying in on hype like sheep. My game spending habits have been on the sharp decline since the removal of Kat and the TPB attacks because I can't even see if I'm interested in the game or not.

also a sizable portion of pirates are those who have no financial or legal access to the games in the first place. Children whom their parents won't get the games for them, the Chinese and their oppressive government regulations and censorship, Brazilians with their extreme tariffs and Russians with their shitty economy, wanting to play old games that have disappeared from retailers and might not even work with your system. these are examples where consumption was impossible or extraordinary unlikely to happen in the first place. My argument isn't that these people aren't abusing entitlement, they're not entitled to anything, as they wouldn't have purchased it in the first place, however they ultimately harm no one because they are restricted entirely from legals means in the first place. It's either download a copy or don't do anything, purchasing was never in the equation in the first place.

Copy rights shouldn't exist, just like patent rights. All they do is prevent people from incrementally improving upon someone's inventions and stifle competition. All because they make it illegal to produce shit that's same but better.

It always baffled me, what kind of retard thought that you earn money from inventions is not by producing the best shit, but instead by barring everyone else from giving you any meaningful competition.

I have an idea, but my hands are so cold…I feel like, I should be rubbing them.

Nice wall of facts. I could add that digital selling copies of consumables/one or few times to be used. Is just bad, truly bad and to the biblical sense bad. In most cases the buyer does all the work of the copying, but still pays for it like the seller did everything. Truly an enigma.

I'm not defending piracy but at this point i'l rather spend my leftover money on good healthy food & gym-card to keep my body in good health and the leftover goes to something fun i cant pirate like… alcohol.

but if so many people are getting poorer who's getting richer?

I-I'm drunk. For the pure reason that I can be. Most of my country is going along with the sick and twisted narrative: "more immigrants the better". Without wondering how, and why, they fucked up their own shit back in the whatever. And how does bringing those problems here make anything better?
Vidya games though, I've been loving Desmume and Bowsers insides lately. Fun and creative game.

All the games with denuvo are shit.
Now upper management retards can can blame pirates again since their multi million dollar shit protection got cracked.

"Generally I think with The Witcher 3 (and the was the case with The Witcher 2), we released the game without any copy protection. So on day one, you can buy the game from GOG and give it to a friend, enemy as well. But give it to a friend on a memory stick and it works. And still we sold near to 10 million units across all three platforms. But the piracy factor was irrelevant.

Because we can not force people to buy things, we can only convince them to do it. So we totally believe in the cart not in the stick. Of course, if you have the pirated version you don’t have achievements and updates.Generally I think with The Witcher 3 (and the was the case with The Witcher 2), we released the game without any copy protection. So on day one, you can buy the game from GOG and give it to a friend, enemy as well. But give it to a friend on a memory stick and it works. And still we sold near to 10 million units across all three platforms. But the piracy factor was irrelevant.

Because we can not force people to buy things, we can only convince them to do it. So we totally believe in the cart not in the stick. Of course, if you have the pirated version you don’t have achievements and updates."

The horror

another one bites the dust

No code is impossible to break, my man.

Cryptography begs to differ.

I can only see this as very good. The games industry desperately needs to be humbled, and the moment companies like bethesday say : "alright, let's stop trying to maximize profits by cutting budget and work time and increasing hype / marketing and INSTEAD make good vidya that sells itself".
Oh, you lost the hordes of normalfags you won over by hype alone?
Well don't overreach, that's just bad business tactics.
This pleases my inner smug

The reason why pirating doesn't hurt the industry is because pirates are mentally divergent from normalfags, meaning they make up a small percent of the population.

Explain to me like I'm five a console casul. Whats this about Denuvo killing drives? I heard it happened to DA:I.. once.

I need to add inflation + current year to that:

- Never pay anything up front. No beta, alpha, early, test version, early access, early kickstarter, indie gogo, gogo gadget moneys gone, anything early, ever.

- If you have the god given, ball twingling, devil fondling, ass levitating urge to give your money away. Give it as an donation straight to the devs.No questions asked, no false promises. You actually get your moneys worth. In a way.

A Good Computer game today is worth 10-20 epoors. And that covers A-Z-AAA - SSS. Anything, and any game.

SSD drives, as of today, are basically oversized FLASH drives. And flash drives are VERY sensitive to erasing, it literally kills it. And yes you have to erase data from it in order to overwrite anything, that's how FLASH memory works. Typical lifetime is 100 000 cycles, then the memory block dies. And Microshit's 30 year old filesystem, that was garbage even for hard drives, only exacerbated the problem because it tends to read and write to same places, uniformly killing a whole sector of the drive. God forbid you also didn't disabled defrag feature, it by itself would have been silently murdering your SSD whenever you're away from keyboard.

Oh yeah, the Denuvo. It juggles around bytes of game files all the time, and thus makes the drive constantly overwrite data. Which requires sector erasure, which kills the SSD.

Is it safe if Only OS is on the ssd and literally everything else from programs to drivers on hdd?

Go learn more about your "flash" drives. Maybe check how digital camera memory cards have evolved over the last 10 years. And only then get back to shit posting.

check em

now this is shitposting
congrats

It should be. I mean it shouldn't write temporary files to the system drive only to write them back on data drive. But you never know, do you.

FLASH is the type of memory cells, dumb shit. As opposed to EEPROM, not that you heard of it. Lifetime depends on material used, and was always 100k typical for your average component, going as low as 10k for super shitty parts and upwards of million cycles for highest quality expensive chips. The only thing evolution have changed is typical size of the chip, it went down at same rate as general microelectronics was scaled down.

Good one.

The blame lies on Devs who actually think they can make their game unpirateable, and don't understand that even if they would achieve real anti-piracy which will never happen, it wouldn't help because piratefags simply would stop playing games they would have normally pirated, but never buy them. They only play it because it is pirateable, like some friend giving you a free movie ticket and you go watch it, but you would never watch it on your own or pay for it, a nice thing, but not a must have.

Piratefags would never buy games they don't want to buy, doesn't matter if the game is pirateable or not. The notion of "Devs make losses" is bullshit, they simply don't make more profit because of it, and they never would.

Instead those fucking jew devs should cut those abysmal game prices in half, that's why steam sales are so fucking popular, not because of percentages, but because poorfags and teenagers don't need to pay a small fortune for only 7 hours of AAA fun.

Once more, just because people are still unaware of why DRM exists.

DRM does not exist to stop people from pirating the game over a long period of time.
DRM only exists to stop people from pirating during the critical release window (~5 days from the release date).

This is because big companies know that piracy actually boosts sales immensely over a long period of time for high quality games.
However, piracy is as disastrous as playable demos when it comes to bad games. The AAA companies must keep how bad their games are as secret as possible until all of the idiots on the hype train have been robbed of their money, and then they don't give a fuck if everybody on the planet pirates it after that.
Since every single AAA game is 100% confirmed trash, this explains quite simply why DRM is so pervasive nowadays.

Go gnu yourself. News FLASH is more than just the memory. The most significant development has been done on how to interface with the memory, not how it's built.

I'm just going to strawman the fuck out of you and say that you basically said that a car is two bicycles bolted together because what's in between doesn't really matter. Four wheels, so fuck you. Shitposting 101.

Which is not stealing, exactly.
For the millionth time that I say this on a chan:
Typing the other person's argument in caps and like a retard doesn't make his argument wrong.

And on top of everything you're also part of the tumblr/reddit crowd that doesn't know what the word "literally" means.
Good job, user. Good job on making me reply to shitty bait

Copyright law is invalid, it should be abolished. Protection like Denuvo is a step in the right direction, but they need to take it further by protecting their information via hardware.

It's up to companies to protect their own IP, not the government, and certainly not consumers who are always looking for the cheapest price.

Have a nice day faggot.

Part of hacking is finding another way around it the direct approach is not feasible. If some part of the program is encrypted, just pluck it from memory when it's decrypted.

Dem PENTAs, Checked.
My bad. Chips do have significant differences. There has always been "consumer crade" cheap chips for lowerprice products. I think they are pretty much on the same line today. Considering that anything actually important still needs to be copyed on both paper (if possible) and two DVD:s.Plus the initial Digital copy.
My gripe was just how easily the term: "just big flashdrives" get's thrown around.

No pic, and only have one. Nice dual duplets + 1.

But you see, they pretty much are. They're both permanent data storage devices with full random access, and they both using FLASH type persistent memory. The only "significant" difference between a thumbstick and an SSD is different interface - a thumbstick has mass storage USB device type interface, and an SSD has a hard drive type interface. And that thumbsticks don't normally feature more than 1 memory chip, but that's semantics. If you're into memory cards though, then difference is larger because the card wouldn't even have its own FLASH controller, instead the motherboard would have to have it. Then again, it's still a standard that a hard drive wouldn't have its own controller and has to be controlled by a special board, it's an unspoken convention that hard drives are actually smarter than that and can do their own math.

It's very fun and most liked it. Most people complaining about it have likely not played it.

If it wasn't called DOOM i wouldn't be mad and might have considered buying. Instead they killed any chance of a proper doom 4 from ever being created since now this exists and it plays like Halo.

How many years has it been since Doom 2, like 30? Are you seriously fucking saying someone else was going to release a proper Doom 4 when nobody did by now?

THEN BETTER TO HAVE LET IT REST INSTEAD OF TURNING UP THIS ABOMINATION BUT NO THEY NEED THAT BRAND CASH

Well I've never played Halo so I didn't notice, nor was I already accustomed and bored to such gameplay. It was better than vast majority of modern shooters, because almost everything else nowadays is a cover shooter.

Anyway Id are fucking retarded for the upcoming Quake, which is a hero brawler like Overwatch. Absolutely disgusting, I've never played much Quake but I would have got into a new one that's just the old but with great graphics.

I have no idea why you are so stoked about Denuvo? Have you maybe got some basic thing wrong? Maybe something about pirated copies? Maybe something about real copies for 20% the amount. Reselling copies. Maybe something about bypass online? Are you just not aware how offline cracking works???

You are just so stupid that you will watch a rocket reach the sun and then complain why you can't see it. (The trick is to watch the side, or to buy a coboltglass-glasses.) Why bother.

Now that's a more compelling argument. Thanks.
Now you can feel a fraction of the pain I've felt for many many years.

The North remembers.

You know just as well as I that this isn't the first time i've felt this pain. Same as you.

you can't 'brick' a drive to my knowledge. It also doesn't degrade SSDs that was a false rumor. It takes cracking groups a lot longer to crack and makes no difference to customers.

Source for pic?

You speak such blasphemy.

Forget everyting. I'm out. just have to get my old
C64 and "plug it in"

Oh well you're right I'm sorry.
Is this the FIFTH FUCKING TIME though?
And I'm not even counting the HD collection

i never bought a game in my life

dont plan to

Junji Ito, Don't blame me. It's really gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood0

I have to be fair here. I liked all the games even the 5, I think was the downpour. I lover the changes in monsters.

Doesn't matter. Some people liked Doom 3 and 4 just as well.
The point is the blatant disrespect to the source material and what made the original games good.
This is even more apparent on a game with very intricate plot, lore and a very specific atmosphere like Silent Hill. When they couldn't get any of those right.
When they treated those games as canon.
When they said they were better than the original games.
When they RETROACTIVELY CHANGED THE STORY OF THE ORIGINAL GAMES FOR A SHITTIER ONE.

If you actually care about the games you play, it's a suffering.

You dudes make good points. Companies/People get pissed when you start treating them as disposable as they treat you, but that is usually the only way to get what you need.

This is absolute shit. The story that there is is: marine 321 goes to mars and to hell, kills everyone. Doom2 the same marine goes to hell and back, kills everyone. Doom3 (god, this is hard) Some marine kills main demon/god.
Doom 4, some marine goes to rampage to kill a god, again. Am I missing something?

The plot is captivating though. Truely not for me. And more mars and killin' those demons, in mars, on plutonium. Shit, wasn't D3 in a solar circuit vessel? I don't know.

just the games industry, huh?

A nuclear bomb in Washington DC would almost be humbling enough for the "Industry".

Anti piracy has always been shit.

Games used to require the disc. Cracks made them load faster and stay playable. Discs scratch.

Emulation preserved games. Remixes, and other religious shit trying to present stuff as them avoided. Good things stay good.

Faggots trying to be middlemen defaggoted from games.

Spyware from such stores uninstalled.

Pirated versions always work. Simple. No question.

Best part is stuff is done for fun.
Fuck year.
Fuck capitalism.
Enjoy yourself.
Faggot.

Stop pretending to like things
No you don't.
K.
My heterosexuality is cool.
Send the money you don't have to things you like. Not me. Video games.

Also don't be terrorismed.
Rip MGS4's engine and assets, do up your own world, make things cool.

Legality is against the law.

yes im sure theyd be so incredibly devastated at the loss of obama

You can brick a drive by dropping it. Hard drives are shit tier for survivability.

SSDs will shoot everyone, cut throats, bomb churches, seduce every uneducated female and live happily ever after escaped from someone's shitty system. If they get written over too many times, or get left off for too long aparently.

TLDR learn to fucking read.

Do we have a name for this guy yet?

There we go, finally some sanity.

Schizoanon

Devs don't get much money.

Think of it this way.
Sharon the hooker/actress sleeps with 100 Michael Douglass.

These pay various unimportant people, cameramen, film manufacturers, mascot dog, scriptwriter, advertisers, chef, farmer, farmer's companion dog, reptar, palm trees, you get the picture.

With piracy, she spreads her legs for billions of Michael Dougli.

The missing component is for all those 3rd world masturbators to send money to her legs so they may continue to open at opportune times.

Then 100% of money sent goes to sexiness.

Her bush gets the attention it craves for the right reasons. And she can go on being herself with enough support to shoot anyone telling her she isn't herself and is instead them.

So she can live crossing her legs all the time or whatever she wants with those dresses.

Freedom wins and comes where the hell it wants to, when it wants. Which is last because making women orgasm is the price one must pay for a penis. What a stupid thing to say that women come from venus. Though that actually does make sense. The headimg implies they have a penis. Which isn't true.

Orgasms are for faggots. Real men don't come. They fuck forever.

The problem can be summarized as such:

It costs money to create digital content, but not to distribute it. The payment model is the opposite, you pay per copy.

It's too bad really that Kikestarter/Indiegoygoy are such scummy scammer nests. It really would be a great model where content creators could be payed for creating and then release for free redistribution. Some porn artists do actually use this model properly though.

Good job everyone.

This is how free software works. Get paid up-front, or hourly, or don't work. Someone will pay for it, if there's demand. How ridiculous would it be if a big company needs new office software, but they're not going to pay for its development if everyone else gets it for free? Will they just write everything on paper, because they don't want to share their office software?

(1)

Here's the (You) you wanted so badly.

Oh, it's this fucking thread yet again. With torrentz.eu dying, kat's Ukrainian owner being arrested in Poland because he violated US law, TPB is a honeypot or whatever it might be, and then there's this regular PEERACY IS THIFF PIRASI IS BAD XDD thread, i wonder if there's a secret campaign to take down piracy.

There are other torrent sites, but they all fucking suck and/or are extreme suspicious.
One I use sometimes is isohunt.to, but I prefer not to use it because I don't know if I can trust it.

On a side note ROTTR got a proper? (at the very least better than the Volski one) crack by CPY/CONSPIR4CY

yeah, hours after previous bypass died we get full denuvo crack, i'm laughing so hard

well volski has probably found a way to emulate denuvo servers somehow, and that was his "crack"

What

Rise.Of.The.Tomb.Raider.READNFO-CONSPIR4CY

thepiratebay.org/torrent/15513665/Rise.Of.The.Tomb.Raider-CONSPIR4CY

Oh sorry, thought you meant denuvo cracked in general.

I thought it was. Didn't CPY release a real-deal crack?

Well if Volski is to be believed the way they did it is not able to be turned into a one size fits all crack but now that they know how to do it it would take them days to weeks per game instead of a year for a game.at-least for current releases

Everyone in this fucking thread that condones piracy should watch this video.

Piracy is the last of their problem either way considering the existence of used market.

WEBM that :^)

is this cuckchan

Gaiman? More like, Gayman.

Suck my dick

He did it, the absolute madman!
Good job though user

fuck off to tumblr, you hippie

it was
this is just the first game to be cracked

The real problem is that devs don't own what they make. The publishers own all the intellectual property and in return give some crumbs to the devs to actually make the game. Most of the cost of AAA vidya now is in marketing, sometimes in absurd proportions.

The 2nd or 3rd (no good sources can be found) game ever is CoD: MW2. It cost 250 million dollaroos to make. 200 of those were marketing. It was one of the most successful games ever and the result for the devs? They got assfucked by the publisher. Royalties were not paid, legal shenanigans ensued, the founder of the company got fired and they are now basically a vassal of Activision with no creative control ever. Why? Beause they have no legal right for the game they made.

Since when did nuDoom get cracked ?

I'm going to DL that shit right now.

The bypass isn't working anymore, you lost your chance user, wait for a proper one which might happen soon.

that got fixed. it was a bypass. The new tomb raider got cracked though like 8 hours ago by CPY(a real crack this time)

Why is this game taking so long to crack ?

Fallout 4 was available to DL before it was even released ?

Lending physical things and copying digital data is a bad comparison.

And here we have an underage faggot opening his mouth

You can't photocopy a book?

Sure, if you want to spend 30 mins.

It would be a fair comparison if you could do both with the same convenience.

I live in a country where I cannot afford to consistently buy $60 games (or even 20 for that matter).
If all piracy stopped this moment I wouldn't start buying all games that I wanted to play. I might buy one once a year at a discount. But that's it.

I imagine that there are many people in the US who, even though they might be living in a more affluent country, may not be in a good enough financial situation to pay for games.
The reality is that they simply wouldn't buy them and would move on to other things. Unless, of course, they turned on their inner Jew and grabbed all the shekels, but that's assuming they'd even care about them by then.

What if I have slow internet and have to spend an hour or so to download a single gigabyte?
Imagine how tedious downloading any newer game could be.

Denuvo should spin your platters until they fly out of the hard drive and decapitate you, cuckold faggot.

Nigga where the fuck you live where you can download a game in less than 30 minutes?

I was referring to Gaiman, equating lending physical books to digitally copying them.

Piracy is a moral right.

When games are released half finished and then sold piecemeal as DLC and when you can't trust anyone who is offering to review the game because they're all bought off, how are you supposed to avoid being fucked?

You do what any reasonable and practical person or organization does: you try it out for yourself. What's that? Demos aren't a thing anymore, because publishers would rather make a quick 60 bucks for cheap, rather than spend the extra time and effort and make a quality product, since loyal customers don't bring in the big bucks, impulse buyers do.

Well, that seems like a shitty situation, where you're bound to get ass-raped regardless. Except that you can pirate something and test it out for yourself. The Publishers are liars, cheats and frauds, they deserve fucking nothing. They have repeatedly, willingly and knowingly set themselves on this path and so they shall reap what they have sown.

Don't be a costumer, being used and lied to. Be a Patrician and make informed decisions to support good practices.

You want to believe in the HDD bricking so badly, you don't even care wether there actually is any evidence for it do you?

Evolve's player base exploding when it went f2p is a good example for the fact that only a minimum of interest is needed to try something if it's free.

Creator offers you the use of a product, under the condition you compensate him with money. If you use the product anyway, it's not a voluntary exchange. How is this moral?

You're getting all this free shit for the low low price of feeling a little guilty. Seems like a good deal to me. But deluding yourself into thinking piracy is moral, just so you don't even have to pay the small price of feeling a little guilty is just pathetic.

Read the China example, it's the same shit. Fraud and cheating, you don't get what the trailers are showing, you don't get what the reviewers tell you you're getting, you don't get what the Publishers is telling you you're getting. You're getting shit, an unfinished product with bugs and often sold in pieces through DLC and other such money leeching methods.

Piracy is a moral right, because you're getting fucked in the ass otherwise. You don't buy steel from China without everything being checked, this is common fucking sense in the business world. Why would buying games be any different? Fuck the Publishers, they've repeatedly shown that they don't give a fuck.

Come on man, were talking about a luxury product. You don't need to buy any game. Also, what can't you learn about a game from watching plain game play footage?

Imo it doesn't matter how bad the reviewers/publishers are trying to fuck you over, if you take their stuff against their will, it's immoral. What's up with this 'it's fine if we do it to the right people' attitude?

Publisher aren't all bad either. They keep devs from going full Chris Roberts.

Btw where can I download that chinese steel you mentioned?

publisher/developer track record
replay value
fanservice

Oh, so if I buy an ice cream and there's a shard of glass in it, I shouldn't complain because it's a luxury product? (Obviously a hyperbole, but proving a point.)

No, fuck that. If I'm lied to by the people selling the game and the people "reviewing" the game, then I have every fucking right to make my own informed decisions.

Oh yeah, how long is that going to work, what with copyrighted footage being blocked from being posted on youtube and cuckchan for example. They control or seek to control every avenue of information, because they're looking to cheat you out of sixty bucks. They're liards, cheats and fucking frauds.

Also, name one fucking major game that was published without doctored or touched up trailers. See, these little videos that are supposed to entice you to buy a product by showing it to you, aren't actually representative of the actual product. How is that not lying?

Oh yeah, because I'm literally running off with a product when I download a copy, suuuuure.

Which is why you fucking buy games.

You need a 2040 year-model 3d printer. My dad works at Microsoft so I have a prototype.

Yes, I'm shilling for Gameplay Footage Incorporated.

So anything short of letting you play the whole game and then asking for a donation afterwards is justification for piracy?

yep
that's how art works bitch

We pirate thread lads!
I just got fucking endless space and EDF 4 shadow or something. Hope everyone here knows how to work our share threads.

Obviously not. But I'd rather accept the evil of piracy than the evil of fraud.

Besides, the big money loss in the game industry isn't from piracy, it's from used games. Every DRM measure isn't in place because they're trying to dissuade people from pirating the games, because those people will put in more effort into learning how to get the game for free than actually buying it. The measures are in place so that you can't just go back to where you bought the game and sell it back for 10 bucks.

The retailers were making a killing from that a while back while the publishers got fuck all. I don't know if it still works that way, with the console accounts and shit, but I imagine it doesn't.

Huh, hadn't thought of that. Convincing argument for why games should be considered art.

So if you already know you're being lied to, why do you need to confirm it by 'testing' the game? Of course you can make you're own decisions, but not all of them are a voluntary exchange, like piracy.

What fucking game can't you get gameplay footage for? And obviously I'm talking about independently recorded stuff post launch.

By accept you mean commit?

My argument for the immorality of piracy has nothing to do with it's effect. It's simply based on the idea that it's not a voluntary exchange.

/thread

So you want me to not play video games? You want me to not buy anything? And miss out on all the good games?

I pirated Witcher 1 and bought it. I pirated Bastion and I bought it. I pirated a single Ys game and I bought the entire series(for the pc in English, but still, all that are reasonable for me to buy). I fucking pirated Fate/Stay Night, a porn game from a decade ago and I not only imported the game itself(both versions, original PC adult and the censored PS2 version) and then bought the damn movie and most recently the entire UBW bluray set(which was EXPENSIVE AS SHIT).

I wonder, which option would they prefer I go with?

At Doom 2016 launch, material was prevented from being uploaded to youtube and cuckchan. Obviously, I can wait a few months for their measures to cease, but the Publishers plan around launch bringing in the greatest profits because people can't wait.

I have no idea what this means and it sounds like some overly complex concept that at best has a strenuous relationship with reality.

Gaiman is a prime example of SJW'd up writer. He used to to cool things and then trannies and lesbians started appearing on his comics. Then he started being 2deep4u.
There was also that kikestarter game experience and the Sandman Overture cashgrab.
He's also admitted to being in an open relationship with his wife. When the whole gg thing happened he was vocally on the SJW's side, probably getting all his information through clickbait media or his 'friends'.
I don't expect anything from SJW retards but Gaiman didn't start out like that. Sorry Neil but you are the biggest disappointment I've had.from Holla Forums related things. Go fuck yourself.

The only stuff I've read of Gaiman was American gods and Good Omens and after reading American Gods, I'm convinced that's why I didn't like Good Omens as much as the Pterry on the cover said I should have

Glad to know he's also a social justice weenie so there's no point in giving him another chance.

It's simple really, both parties agree with the terms of the exchange. In the case of piracy that's obviously not the case because you don't pay the money the seller demands in exchange for letting you play the game. It seems like a pretty good way to judge the morality of any exchange to me.

I don't want you to do anything in particular. I'm just stating my view on the subject.

I read American Gods up until Shadow's death and trial. Stopped reading and never resumed because I felt the whole thing to be uninteresting. It had its moments but that's it.

Don't forget back when Bloodborne came out Sony had measures in place that would actually stop the stream and replace it with a black screen at certain gameplay portions and cutscenes.

They didn't.
They didn't.
Software industry never stopped growing
It didn't. (The music industry doesn't need help killing itself anyways)
It didn't.
It didn't.
Are you seeing a pattern yet?

Okay, that seems fairly in line with what I imagined it to be, and far less convoluted than I feared.

Still, how do you then respond to this line of thought ?

Wew

But there never was a exchange or contract between two parties.

You are not morally obligated to comply with him.
kek

Giving money to megacorporations who will use their money to take away everyone's freedoms and fund ISIS is far more immoral than "stealing" a game.

isohunt is really old and has been taken over by the feds literally 200 years ago.

Or if ISIS and freedoms is too abstract, consider Activision and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

VtM:B is cult classic game, despite being hugely buggy and very obviously unfinished. Activision had contracted Troika to make the game, but feeling that needed to compete with Half Life 2's release, they cut production early and released it unfinished. They also refused to pay for work that would be put into patching all the gamebreaking shit, because the game wasn't selling too hot. And after all this, they shut Troika down.

Now, when you buy VtM:B, you're giving no support to the developers and you're actually giving money to the people who actively and callously fucked over the people who made the game.

Sure, there is a moral and legal conundrum of liking the game and thus being obliged in one way or the other to pay for it, since Activision did invest in the product and release it. But that doesn't mean that it's right.

Fuck Activision, they're evil fucks and the only way I'm paying for VtM:B is if I find a used copy to ensure that they're not getting a single fucking cent of my money.

I used to not really care about pirating one way or the other since I usually have money and I have gone out of my way to buy the games I've pirated when poor. Same applied for porn

But now I've been locked out of all the good material I've bought since licensing expiring. Fuck it. Pirate it all, paying is renting

Literally anywhere but America.

>Inb4 he gets contacted by Bigcompanynamehere to make Denuvo2 for ridiculous amounts of money

What if I'm a NEET who has basically zero income besides his parents. I pretty much only exclusively buy multiplayer games so I can play with my other NEET friends.

I have a friend who is the same as me, he basically NEVER pirates, we leech off our shared Steam accounts, because we only ever really get stuff from our birthdays.

I'm living with my parents, I have no income, so fuck asking to use theirs feed my entertainment. If I can get things for free so they don't have to tell me to get a job and I can just stay here play vidya, watch anime, and jerk off, then I ain't spending jack unless I'm required to pay for it with my parents money in order to play with bros.

Volksi only bypassed it, but CPY cracked womb raider day or two later.

afaik nudoom and all the other shitnuvo games arent cracked yet, the bypass was closed again, but in all likelihood they will be shortly because of the CPY crack for tomb radier

why insert moralfaggotry on piracy of all things?
what we do is wrong but don't be a woman and lie to yourself just pirate the vidya gaems

I wonder what excuse game companies are going to use once games are truly uncrackable. Because shit games are still going to sell like shit.

Also Volski claims to have re-done his bypass in a more complex way that Denovo can't patch as easily.

Quantic Dream blamed used sales, citing that only 1million units of Heavy Rain sold but 2million users played the "game", and that was $18million the company should have been entitled to.

Well true, they already blame used games being sold. Time will come when they don't even allow us to lend games to friends anymore.

They already did that shit a long time ago, didnt Spore come with a "you can only install this game X times".

I know, they do this since ages, I just forgot about it. Especially here in Germany they complain about this a lot. Because in Germany a lot of people have this mentality to not spend more money than you have to on a product, and since a used game is just as good as a new one many people buy used games.

And since there are a shitload of german game developers (that can't sell shit because they only make crap games) they complain a lot about it and at some point even demanded that this becomes illegal.

pls

I ended up buying the good games I pirated, like Civ 4, Arx Fatalis and even Blade of Darkness (Severance).
I wish I could give something back to those dev teams that were disbanded.

And that's why discussion of DRM/DLC encrusted games is bad.

I'm tired of reading the "no demo" argument. I really don't remember there being that many demo's for games, IIRC it was a pretty uncommon practice to begin with.

Well that just makes you wrong, doesn't it? Consoles had demo discs with ~4 playable games and videos for ~8 more on a regular basis, PC had shareware, and there were later entire websites dedicated to all the available demos out there.

if you can throw a bullet fast enough to kill someone, well done

So what you're saying is you're clearly underage and have no fucking idea what gaming was before the 00s.

Nothing to do with PC, try again, shareware still exists.

Feel free to show me a percentage chart of all games that had legitimate demos on pc. 00 was 16 years ago, get with the times

Unless the game isn't available in your country. That's the reason I pirate most of my shit. Or the pricing is better for Americans but here it's full price still.

16 is still underage m8

I meant that it was an uncommon practice back then nevermind now.

It doesn't matter how common it is, there still should be a demo for anything. It's to give you a taste of something you might want, but with how the QC on a lot of popular games have been the past couple of years executives don't want them because people might find out what they're actually getting.

The disgusting part is back then you had to worry about devs embellishing demos. The whole trend of "I really liked the demo but then I bought the full game and it was shit" was a thing, because devs would dress up the absolute best part of their game or even edit things to make it seem better than it is.

Nowadays publishers are so dishonest and games are so shit that they can't even take you out to dinner before they try to fuck you. They've dropped all pretense.

The fact this blatant troll thread has lasted 3 days and gotten nearly 300 replies makes me sad.
Get your shit together Holla Forums.
yes I see the irony