Persona 5

Short gameplay video here.

Other urls found in this thread:

personacentral.com/persona-5-details-random-mementos-dungeons-persona-fusion/
personacentral.com/final-fantasy-xv-delay-news-leads-persona-5-pre-order-boost-amazon-jp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought that was about viewtiful joe from the thumbnail
weird

fuck off, shill

Does anyone have those old persona wallpapers?

will gook rpgs ever evolve past final fantasy 1 gameplay?

plus all those confusing cuts and comic effects, it's as if michael bay after an ovdose of nigger and jew semen had directed the game

I liked the look of P5 from stills we were seeing a year ago

this looks like someone vomited confetti on the screen

I want to fuck the twintails.

The very first thing revealed of gameplay was a trailer and it was just as stylish then as now. You either have shit memory, or you're trying to be disruptive on purpose.

I'm not feeling any of the characters tbh. Maybe Morgana.

This. I swear this kind of combat is the most boring, mind-numbing variety known to mankind.

Are you joking?

No but this lady seems nice.

I want to fuck the cat

Well that's something at least.

I like how the Persona comes out when you enter the Skill command and choose your Skill

I dislike the over-whelming shit all over the place (unnecessary info, eye sore, trying too hard) of the victory screen. I prefer the SMT Nocutnre/SJ/DDS victory screens of just showing the EXP and quick transition to the gameplay. This takes long, its an eye sore, and its annoying.

Confetti all over the screen is shit and whoever is the interface designer needs to stop trying to overdesign it.

This theme doesn't get my blood flowing for battle like Mass Destruction, RottT, LtFUitN, A Lone Prayer or TtMH. It's too chill and smooth. I think I'd prefer the song from PV 04 and the intro.

I doubt very few things could match babybabybaby. I would be interested to hear their boss fight music though

$90 seemed like a lot to ask for with what they were offering.

It's interesting to see Mandrake brought to HD. I wonder how many demon models P5 contains in total.
With Blu-rays' huge storage size and P5's 6-year development, they really have no excuse if the demon quantity is PS2-level or less.

In any case, I'm 99.99% sure my nigga Yoshitsune made it it into the game (or will later as paid DLC, knowing the greedy fucks at Atlus). I just can't wait to see how slick his new model looks.

See, I can fuck to this song. The battle theme lacks tension.

I prefer The Answer Mass Destruction to The Journey. What about you?

I'm not sure what it is, but I really like the look of this so far. Maybe it's the animations, but everything looks really fluid and smooth. And it makes the gameplay flow look a lot faster than it did in previous games.

I'm still nervous though. I enjoyed Persona 3 for what it was, but I absolutely could not stand Persona 4's cast of yes men and idiots. I hope the characters in P5 are a bit more varied and interesting.

I'm sure I'll hate it though when footage of the dub comes out though and Johnny Yong Bosch starts voicing everyone.

They're not wrong when it comes to Persona. If the enemy has a weakness to exploit, you automatically win. The only time a battle is fun is when the opponent has no weaknesses and you have to come up with a proper strategy to beat it. Even then, you can't stack buffs so the gameplay is shallow.

The same. Too bad you have to play The Answer to hear it, though.

It is.

yet another assemblage of microSHAT pcuck mad his shitbox isn't getting a good game!

As opposed to rtwp?

I just can't bring myself to hate Persona just because it deviates so much from the traditional Shin Megami Tensei formula. It has become its own thing. Sure, gritty Persona 2 was really neat, but stylish social life simulator Persona is unique enough to justify its existence, as long as the game play doesn't suck. I can't stand most of the characters though and I don't give a fuck about the relationship crap in these games either, but I don't hate it entirely. I wouldn't buy a ps4 to play it, but it'd try the game if I had one.

It also looks ridiculously aesthetic.

If you want to try it and you have a ps3, its coming out on that too.

These short clips might be pretty useful for learning some of the bare basics of Japanese.

I think this one says "Hee ho… Just spare my life ho". I hope I'm not wrong.

I know since they point their guns at the Shadows, it's meant as "This is a hold up!", but I can't get the damn Wiz Khalifa song out of my head whenever I see it.

You saying we was JUNGS?

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Its finally over, Sony ran out of material to adapt not counting 1 and 2 and they won't make an OC again because Trinity Souls did poorly

Well there's always a P3 "What if?" OVA or mini-series with FemC, an FES OVA, and the P4 spin-offs that could be pretty stylish fighting/strange Alice in Wonderland style spin off like Code Geass/Idol style anime, if they so chose.

Can gooks stop trying to pretend they're white.

It's the archetype of the mixed foreigner user, the Japs have no illusions about being white.

Gooks tend to racemix with whites and not with niggers so their children often are weird like that.

Half I can take but when you start saying 1/4 white then you can shove it up your ass. It's even worse in love live where that slav slut is 100% aryan because her great-grandmother was Rushka.

Seriously if you want the sexy foreign grill just make her sexy foreign grill. You already did it in Persona 2 with Lisa (((Silverman))).

Fair enough.
Maybe us whites simple have more dominant than recessive genes in comparison to zipperheads.

Fair hair and blue eyes are recessive not dominant.

The only way to be a non-white with those features would be if you lucked out and both your shitskin parents were fugged by some Aryans a million years ago. So they carried the genes and by the will of Allah you were blessed with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Well, aren't there two basic Japanese peoples?
One of them looks very Chinese and Indio while the other has a bit more European features, including blue eyes on occasion.
I'm not trying to defunc your claim, it is bullshit. The odds of you being blonde AND blue eyes because your fucking granny way a European of some sort is retarded.

I'm just tired of the Japanese racially appropriating muh heritage :^)

Look on the bright side, they could have chosen a darker path for Anne, user.

Jesus Christ, I forgot about that.
At least it's in the worst Persona.

Come now, son. P1 was strange mechanics and story-wise, but still better than 4.

I disagree.
While I can understand disliking the theme and setting of P4, P1 is just a shit version of P2.

There are also blue-haired characters in the series, retard. Who cares? They probably dye it.

Persona is the best Persona in every respect.

No it's not.
It has the worst gameplay, the least likable cast, the most awful artstyle and the dumbest story.

Here's an edit of the battle theme.

It looks like shit

also

By far the richest combat and best dungeon design are somehow "worst gameplay" in the series that got dumbed down ever since. Okay.
Sounds like someone got spoiled by the series' casual gateways and needs to git gud.

Nice try, Hashino/Soejima, but you'll never be a fraction of a fraction as good as whom you replaced.

How can an user be so wrong?
How does one acquire such awful taste?
Persona 2 is far better is both aspects you mentioned.

The P2 duology is at least far more respectable than the new studio's games. But its combat, dungeons and fusions certainly did get dumbed down from P1's.

user pls.

I'll admit, P2 improved on visual presentation and pace in combat; and those are fairly important.
Stripping down some of the combat detail may have also helped the balance, but removing gun slots was bullshit nonetheless. I'm glad P5 is at least bringing them back.

That is actually fair.

It seems as a consequence of reintroducing guns and nuclear, and adding a new element that reminds me of the nerve attacks, they've just made it so physical attacks don't have the three types like they used to.

AYY' HOL' UP!

Makoto CM TV Ad is out

She's really fucking cool, P5 might actually turn out to have better waifus then 3 or 4

They're already better and I haven't even seen that much of them yet. The crop is insane. There isn't a single one I dislike so far. Even the non party member girls seem top shelf.

Am I weird for being more excited about the soundtrack over the game, Holla Forums?

No. Meguro soundtracks are amazing.

*Smacks lips*
IS YOU SAYIN'?!?!
*Dribbles a watermelon and cracks open a box of grape flavored Kool-Aid*
WE SUM KINA
*Does a triple double and clowns on whitey for paying his child support*
SUICIDE SQUA?!?!?!?!?!?

And suddenly, I regret wanting to know what her splash-screen quip would be.

She's a galko. In Japan galkos act like American highschool stereotypes. What's exotic to them is annoying and bland to us.

Is she the Dev preferred love interest like Jun was for Tatsuya?

Forgot pics related.

Okay, yay or nay?

Optional boss fights with previous Persona protagonists?

Granted it would just most likely be Yu and Makoto, but still, boss fights with previous protagonists are the fuckin' hypest.

Actually, that could work along with an extra dungeon.

Could be hype.

Bump

Yeah she's nice.

Someone made this just from trailer rips?

Fuck yes

Not at all. That just means you have good taste.

I dunno. They're in Tokyo so maybe they'll face an SMT boss instead.

We'll probably get to fight the velvet room lolis in the second playthrough of the game.
At least in the base game. I bet we will see DLC where we fight Elizabeth and Margaret
And, we might see fanservice fights. VS Aigis and Labrys would be dope

OH SHIT NIGGERS

Now I'm interested to see if their localization is going to be similar to the American version or if it is going to be their own.

No wonder it's taking us five months. They waited for the EU so everyone outside Japan got a simultaneous release.

I think so.

Yeah but you can't be blonde if you're even 25% white. The blonde trait disappears if you're not 100% white genetically.

Game is gaynglish only so they can write fanfiction and change the script without anyone noticing.

COULD YOU IMAGINE THE STEP? IS GENIUS

I'm pretty curious about the edgy PC game from the 90s. The wiki tells me it was directed by a guy who previously wrote scenarios for MT, SMT and SMTII, and that's a pretty good sign.
But they also say the combat uses some kind of ATB, which must be awful.

Wow, good to see Deep Silver replicating AtlusUSA's premium editions. AtlusUSA must be giving them a hand with that, which would explain the slow localization.
I never thought I'd say it, but they actually have a somewhat good excuse for February after all.

Honestly, localizers should at least preserve Engrish for authenticity.
There was no need to correct "You are slave".

Not all the time. Doing so for the Announcer in DAN was okay, but allow it too much and all you're getting is broken English and a sloppy job. Part of a localizer's job is (should be) to fix up the grammar mistakes in things like that to preserve the scene. It may have weight to a native Jap speaker, but to a native English speaker it just makes you raise your eyebrow and/or chuckle.

My one weakness.

Does EU dub or just sub jap games?

I….don't know. Obviously the UK will just use the American dub, but I don't know about the other countries. Did they get dubs for Personas 3 and 4?

dub they just change the coding for the EU PSN

Yes

So you haven't actually played either of them to see the difference in mechanics

edgy

I'll admit I miss the three types of phys damage, made choosing your party and your own load out as protag more if an interesting choice. Hell, Persons 4 could've just as easily kept it.

Slash: Protag, Yukiko, Teddie
Bash: Chie, Kanji
Pierce: Yosuke(make him throw the knives and daggers and whatnot), Naoto

Now look, I don't hold Atlus to some unfairly high standard for model animations. Never did.
But this is some action figure level shit right here. And in a commercial, no less.
Well, I hope it's just an isolate slip-up, and doesn't reflect the rest of the game.

He's going for that bottom.

I wouldn't blame him. She's the only girl who seems to have an ass so far.

But speaking of asses, let's talk about that one briefcase Joker was briefly carrying in the opening scene, never to be seen again. Where did it go? Up his ass?

persona 1 is the best of all the persona games, p2 is mind numbingly boring and p3 and 4 are waifu sims that i like. the dungeons are a bit mazey and has too many dead ends. who thought collecting cards was a good idea, there isnt even any fusing. p2 is one of the worst jrpgs ive played in a long time.
p1 > p3 > p4 > p2

even better, what if its the p5 protag fighting with all the other protags against a really, really hard boss and they can all switch personas

still no osts of the other games

Anyone else leaving the board to not get Boston Salt Party'd when the game comes out?

I won't be leaving the board entirely but I'm gonna be pretty careful. I certainly won't be going in to any P5 or SMT or Atlus threads.

Thing is, I'm sure it'll be in completely unrelated threads unspoilered, and I'm as blind as the advertisements allow me to be. All I know is the names of the party and Cooperation characters. I hope to keep it that way, but those five months are gonna be FUCKING LONG. I hope it's worth it,

I can't stay off Holla Forums for 5 months. I'll just have to hope I'm lucky and that Persona is niche enough people won't care to spoil it everywhere. It certainly wouldn't generate the level of salt Bathesda games would.

I see what they did there.

I bet the protagonist kills his friends or nukes Tokyo.

Persona causes enough hateboners here, I know it's hopeless. Sorry die you. For me, not coming to Holla Forums will be like being a kid again, having absolutely no one to talk about vidya with. Plus I can just play games instead of shitpost about them.

The first 20 minutes are pretty fluid, then again, that's the first impression. I think it may just be that one moment. Or it may not. Atlus hasn't had there models this active since… Digital Devil Saga, I think.

What a twist.

The footfag in me is severely disappointed

I played Persona before SMT, though I started with Persona 1 and went from there. I've since played SMT I-III and I'm currently playing IV right now, and I can say that I easily prefer SMT, but I also like Persona 1 and 2. I don't dislike Persona 3 and 4 because they're so different, it's a spin-off series, so it becoming it's own thing is fine, but man, I just can't get into the fact that the games are more social sim than RPG. I've given them both a good honest try (I've finished them because I'm autistic or something), but man, I just can't get into the social links or the shitty randomly generated dungeons (at least Persona 5 might have good dungeons again). Some social links are okay, but I guess overall I care more about plot progression (the pace of that in Persona 3 and 4 is glacial) and dungeon crawling and demon/persona fusing than dealing with typical people problems.

I kind of want to try Persona 5, it sounds like it's changing a lot of things up, and I like the fact that guns and demons are back, but I don't know. At least I can pirate the PS3 version and see how it is, though at this point I've been playing MegaTen games since February and JRPGs since 2014 (I mean, I've been playing a lot since 2014, I've been playing JRPGs in general since the mid 90s), so I probably won't be ready to try it for months anyway.

Yeah, you got that right.

Just gonna be wary and hope for the best…

Has there been any new word on the dual audio since the "we'll look into it, but no promises"?

They said it might be DLC…

As in "free" DLC? Or maybe DLC that you get a code for if you just buy a new copy instead of used?

Those jews better not try to charge me 10 bucks for the goddamn original voices.

I imagine it'll be like the difficulty DLC for SMT 4 Apocalypse - free.

Why in the hell does stuff like free DLC skits and difficulties even exist anyway? Why not just… include them in the game?

Well in this case it would be because they didn't make it in time to do it that way. But as for the others….no clue. It was the Japanese team's idea.

I'm so used to DLC being parts of they game they simply cut out so they can make more money on it that I almost forgot that some DLC is actually just stuff they couldn't put in the game for whatever reason.

Seems like not every line is voiced. Kind of saddening, but expected.

Japan can't draw feet for shit 90% of the time.

Unless it's actually the focus, you are correct.

Importing Persona 5 day one, but I mainly came here for these posts.

Remember this?

THIS UI IS OVER STYLIZED GARBAGE

WHY DID THEY MAKE THE COMBAT LOOK LIKE QTE BUTTON PRESSES

WHY ARE THE DEMONS' HEALTH BARS A COUPLE OF SLOPPY HEARTS

THE QTE-STYLE BUTTON CASES OBFUSCATE THE PLAYER CHARACTER

WHY IS THE CAMERA SHIFTING WITH EVERY CHOICE

WHY DOES THERE NEED TO BE ALL THAT USELESS FLASH IN THE UI WHEN THE ATTACK IS WHAT SHOULD BE FLASHY

''I CAN'T SEE THE PERSONA PROPERLY! WHY WOULD YOU SHOW ME THE BACK OF THE PERSONA I'M SUMMONING IS THIS DUDESEX:HR SEMI-FIRST PERSON OR SOMETHING– NO? GOOD! SO THEN WHY
WHY AM I LOOKING AT THE BACK OF THE PERSONA

> that persona power attack selection menu that COVERS HALF THE SCREEN!!

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA TO JAME ALL THIS CRAP IN THERE LIKE THAT?!

People that aren't as autistic as you. I've heard nothing but praise for the UI, it looks fucking fantastic.

Most of /v doesn't play games and certainly not 60 hour JRPGs.

So I don't think there will be many spoilers. I'm not planning to ruin the game for anyone at least.

Amazing.

You don't need to play a game to be able to spoil it, mate.

Good for you. There's 50 shit posters who can't wait to do so in your place.

Most people have garbage taste
What can I say?

You have to stop and realise that you're the one with shit taste at some point.

I dunno man.
I think the UI could be toned down a bit.
It's cool for a little while, but staring at that for hours on end would give me a headache.

Nah

I'm fine with the field menu, I'm honestly not in that menu that often, just to heal and change persona's
The battle menu isn't that bad, I actually really like having commands mapped to a button instead of scrolling through menus. I can make selections faster.
What I have a big problem with is that there are splashes of blood that cover the screen whenever you attack any enemy. THAT shit is going to get really annoying.

It's pretty obvious by now that Phantom and Yusuke are both interested in Makoto.
The only question is whether they will take turns with her or DP her.

To be fair, starting with P2 and jacked up to 11 in P3;
Persona games have always been 'Style over Substance' They've always been more focused on being flashy and catchy over well-balanced gameplay.
It's why SMT kicks it's ass on depth every single time.

Completely true, and fair enough.

Still, this is the worst yet.

It saddens me how true that is.

As for the battle UI, I hope P5 will offer the option to switch to an older style. I wouldn't bet on it, though.

Taking turns, of course.

No DP until full cooperation.

FFXV delayed until November 29th. Looks like P5 has a clear field in Japan.

It looks like it has a clear field in the EU and NA as well for the February release.

i would have loved for p5 to go head to head with 15 and win but i wouldnt want it's sales to get negatively effected by it

To be far Japan hates SE because of all the shovelware they've been making and most of their games don't do well there anymore even their mobage games don't top that often. DQ is still a national treasure so that will still make them money

So far that seems to be a rumor. If it is, Square chickened out of releasing the game that's been in development over six years of their flagship series around the same time as a niche JRPG by a studio not even half it's size. And that would be hilarious.

source please?

I've just been seeing articles that are citing a rumor.

Post some top-tier music ITT.

P4:G may be bad in many ways, but the OST ain't one of 'em. Everyday Sunshine, Sky Full of Stars, Memory, Girl of the Hollow Forest, Lets Hit the Beach. Snowflakes stands above it all though. Slower songs are Hirata's best.

Honorable mention to The Arena and Now I Know. Best Friends ain't too shabby either.

same fucking person
bait harder faggot or better yet fuck off to cuckchan where people will probs bite harder than here and not call you out at all

We Are One and All was the Reall theme of the animation.

The second half of this song needs an extension like in the movie.

Some neat pics they posted on twitter.
There's a demon saying something in one of the screens (seems to be Apsaras), but the text is too small for me to make out.

Those two are very hard to beat. Timeless classics.

Oh god this one is legit Japanese scooby doo

P4 had Teddie.

I've always wanted to write a Scooby-Doo P4 parody with Yu(Freddie), Rise(Daphne), Naoto(Velma), Yosuke(Shaggie), and Teddie(Scooby), but I can't write mysteries.

Does this game have dual audio? OP's video seems like it might but I remember Atlus saying something about how it wont be dual audio. Also are there any differences between the ps3 and ps4 versions other than performance?

PS4 gets the collector's addition. Atlus said maybe as DLC for Jap audio.

I will give the game a try. While I prefer PE2 because of its amazing story and characters and I know that it's unlikely that persona series will be that good again, if it's at least better than 3 or that Scooby-Doo parody know as 4, I will be glad enough.

I like Persona 1 a lot - at least the psp version…atrocious map? Black Masao? Removed Snowqueen? Yeaaaaaaah…psx version sucks - but 2 duology really is the one that blow my mind. You gotta admit that the characters in 1 are never as fleshed out as they are in 2. I guess part of it is how you can choose between 4 characters to be in your last party slot, yet, only really Reiji kinda makes any difference and really feels the more canon choice. So, rest of cast you can choose are kinda just…there.

Is that… A crafting system. Also, Shoji has been working his ASS off on this game's soundtrack.

Send help.

Fourth movie subs when?

A few more months likely, but fourth unsubbed is on YouTube.

Wait, wasn't it gonna be three movies?

It was always 4. One for each season.

Stay classy.

Really it takes that long just to sub it? I could just watch the raw but I really want to understand how they handle MCs character.

Not exactly what you wanted, but…

I'm still shocked they decided not to dub it. Or sub the extras on the DVD. That's just lazy.

I really like how the movie handled Nyx's arcana changes. Wish something like it was done in the game.

It reminded me more of this.

*head

Its not Atlus its Sony that makes the decision since they own and produce the anime and holds licenses except vanilla 4 in the West because Sentai managed to grab it first they're lazy except when it comes to Fate.

persona 3 movie subbed

Does the fight against Nyx in the movie use The Battle For Everyone's Souls?

Should i pick up the jap ps3 special edition for the soundtrack disks? I cqnt speak enough jap to play it, but i want the disks.

Yeah, but it's flippd. Fighting Nyx Avatar is Burn My Dread While Battle For Everyone's Souls is for Egg Nyx.

Well I still need to watch Falling Down first, hopefully it gets going. If nothing I guess I'll watch that one, thanks.

I hate this.

Holy fuck, that's actually cool of them to do. I'm still mad as fuck we won't see a dub because Sony is greedy as fuck. At least the P3 English cast is mostly intact.

Fucking master

Time stamps, come on nigga.

Good to see mainline MegaTen getting more YouTube publicity. Though I'm not a fan of the host.

29:00 and also 1:14:55. Good thing it was an outdoor concert, or Lotus would've torn the roof off.

No thanks. As much as i am a smtfag, i will never listen to that faggot.

I'm sad that we will never listen to Nyx Avatar in english again.
ETERNITY AWAITS

At the movies with Squid Kid nee-chan. Apparently Haru's but is coming out later today as well.

Looks like the FFXV delay was confirmed.

DAWN OF THE FINAL MONTH, 31 DAYS REMAIN

Thank god Aoi Yuuki is voicing her, I thought she was gonna be an autist but she actually seems genki.

I think she's just shy, and needs a little push.

Also, they're releasing Futaba headphones for $740.

yo i feel u cuh cuz aesthetically they b lookin similar tho

shit look good nigga worth a pre-order for ps3 copy? dat shit prolly won't see a big release state side so sony can cuck muh black ass into payin for onlien shit with dat chad fourden

The NEET life is both a blessing and a curse. You knew this already.

Is the English MegaTen Wiki abandoned now or something? Sad.

I wouldn't worry about shortage of physical copies unless you live in some shitty place, Chad.

I don't blame you.

Well the eventual Persona 6 will be a PS4 only

Most likely.

Trails of Cold Steel has provided a good distraction from the wait for P5. I hope CS2's localization finishes soon.

To be far Atlus is pretty predictable in terms of patterns, 3 persona games for each PS, PS3 had P4A, P4AU and Persona 5, which means PS4 will have the updated version of P5 along with P5 and P6

Are my prayers about to be answered?

Yeah SMT browser game or mobage 2017.

Also, there was this.

I've got a very good feeling about 2017 (as long as war doesn't break out in real life by then and end us all).

Depends on how long the PS4 lasts, doesn't it?

Atlus is incredibly SLOW with their mainline games. Look up when P4 was released.

Dat Laura everything

Yusuke has a way deeper voice than I expected. He's also a confirmed pervert, so sweat.webm was not a one time thing. I wonder if drawing uncensored nudes is his thing he rebels for.

I'm surprised it lasted nine years. It probably could have gone on much longer had it not been for the out of control escalation of the cash shop gear's power.

i like characters whose trait is being perverted and he is a serious type of character too. im gonna like this guy

Actually it's still running in Nippon and you can play it, though no one's managed to translate it unfortunately so you'll have to look at the old english wiki nexon had for it and translate betweeen them to play.

New information for the randomized dungeons called Mementos and Persona Fusion.

You fuse Personas by using the Guillotine seen in a couple of trailers. They gain experience the further into a cooperation you are like the previous two games.
You can sacrifice your personas to give experience to other Personas via hanging them. There is an experience boost for Personas of the same arcana.
Throw your Personas onto the Electric chair so they can give you items.
Send your Personas into Solitary Confinement so they can undergo intense training that takes up a few in game days depending on how far you are in your cooperation

personacentral.com/persona-5-details-random-mementos-dungeons-persona-fusion/

Nope Atlus will still make one they don't abandon their patterns, Vita still has one more Persona game.

I knew the guillotine was fusion but holy shit

Igor is going all fucking OUT with this theme. It's kind of fucked up and I like it.

Pretty sure Jap Imagine is dead as well. A few people have been working on a private server and was gathering files before it died, so that may or may not bare any fruit.

I hope the buttons are able to be configured.
I'd lile Gun on L2

They should've gone like Super Mario RPG and make it so the ui appears AFTER you select it to avoid clutter

There's too much overdesign and clutter in this game.

Fuck Atlus

So the random dungeon is there for grinding/fetch quests. Reminds me of the Sea Ark in soul hackers.

Heh.

personacentral.com/final-fantasy-xv-delay-news-leads-persona-5-pre-order-boost-amazon-jp/

Of course it would happen but FFXV picked a bad release date with Pokemon month

Square Enix will be on Suicide Watch until KH3.

Persona isn't niche in Japan though its ridiculously popular, they also managed to get new people with the anime

It's still impressive that they're getting fucked but a studio that shouldn't even really be able to touch them. It's like David and Goliath, using Donatello's representation of David.

Fuck yes

A shame Atlus USA seem to hate dual audio for some reason, so we won't get him

Yeah, pretty much. It's nice to have a dedicated grinding area outside of the story dungeons like the Abandoned Factory in P2.

I wonder when they'll release the English cast. They probably won't start marketing the Anerican and Euro versions until the month or two before like Atlus Nippon.

Kaiji Tang. Definitely going to be Kaiji Tang.

Squeenix remade Lufia 2 as a horrible Ys clone and thought it'd sell like crack if they marketed it to nostalgiafags, that's how retarded they are.

Amazon isn't the main place japs buy their games. Just because it increased a little doesn't mean much. Retarded persona fans celebrating it everywhere like it's something big.

Amazon.jp, which is the particular site being cited in the article, only recently opened up to foreigners if I recall correctly. At any rate, even if the pre-orders come more from overseas fans (which is doubtful in itself), it's hard to deny how closely correlated the events are.

Of course, the take-away from this is that there's actually a large overlap between people interested in Persona and Final Fantasy. Neither are stealing each other's fans, rather, they're likely all the same fanbase of JRPG generalists.

Reminder that Burch could possibly voice one of the Major characters :^)

Thats a worry, but i dont think aflus would use her for p5. I didnt huy DAN because of birch, so maybe they got a hint that birch isnt a good thing.

Considering she already voiced Rei and Rise, it's unlikely.

The acid jazz is gonna be sick.

Nope that was an error. They don't ship international but you could always use forward services like tenso. 450% increase of small number is still small number. some games when they're dropped in price increase by 1200% doesn't really mean much.

Wow, they were really saving the best for last, huh? They hadn't said a thing about the fusion system for 3 years, so I was starting to worry they'd replace it with some bullshit like trading cards, or that it would be DLC or something. False alarm, thank God. Very good to know sacrifices are making a comeback too.
Speaking of features, I might as well throw in a personal wish: I hope demons can occasionally give you quests when you talk to them, as they've done in Persona 2, SMT IV, etc. I love that kind of shit.

Now, with all this talk about P5's preorders rising, there's no longer any doubt Atlus will have a budget for a new MMO. It's just a question of whether they want to do it, but I strongly hope they do.
That being said, I absolutely don't want any GPS-based mobile shit. Nothing would disgust me more than to see MegaTen get defiled the same way Pokemon got defiled: To become a datamining puppet for the (((U.S. Government))). God forbid.

They do ship internationally now its just really strict they didn't open preorders for foreigners until much later

So far it sounds like Shoji's best work. The man is a master regardless of genre.

I'm afraid to look up what that is.

Adding for god tier music. Still not enough to get me to play Persona 2 without an English patch for P2 ES on PSP, but it's close.

I spoil every game that comes out on purpose because of this. Last time I went into a game blind recently was DaS3 because one of my friends wanted to record some shit on it and we know how "Hey remember Dark Souls?" was.

I don't. What was that?

The new scans are great.

It's gonna be hard to get used to Principality no longer looking pissed or constipated 24/7, though.

That's great. Also the whole execution thing doesn't look nearly as edgy as I thought it would, since it's just little balls of light..

Pixie and Titania are liking sexier than ever. And Igor looks more like his P1 incarnation. I wonder if he'll be legitimately sinister in this game. I remember waiting all of P3 for him to suddenly steal my power and become the big bad.

Well duh. It would take forever to animate each individual persona model into taking positions for the guillotine and chair, so it's no suprise they didn't do that. Also, how would they show someone permanently ground-bound like Alciel or Erthys climbing up there?

Anyway, seeing what an amazingly good job they've just done with Principality's model (even going as far as to include the second belt and sword from the original art that the old 3D model omitted) leaves me even thirstier to see Yoshitsune.
CMON ATLUS

I hope they don't put two angels like in Final that was weird and confusing the blonde one was stronger than the green hair one

Igor is never the bad guy by agency. If Igor ever does something bad, it only reflects on the protagonist.
The only possible exception I can think of is if Igor were to exploit the protagonist out of necessity to bring back his master or something.

I know, but he's always had that feel to me, especially in P3. That as probably just Dan Woren's more raspy performance, since he didn't seem that way in P4. But he still has a very sinister look and posture is is just too mysterious to pin down. He IS certainly helpful, and we know WHY, but it just feels like we never get the full story.

Kaiji Tang?
An actor.

This is godly.

If I'm not mistaken, P3 was the first time Igor welcomed the protagonist differently, saying "Yokoso waga Velvet Room e" instead of the usual "Yokoso Velvet Room e".

Didn't this game get censored for the USA, they covered up the tits.

No they just moved the cat up a bit so he didn't get Mike'd

No? Not yet anyway.

Indeed. And don't forget the time Nintendo censored Kirby, the fucking bastards.

and Link

Link is a dumb slut he doesn't even wear pants

I'm running some of this stuff through Jisho so no one else has to.

It would be nice if we had someone around here willing and able to do proper translations, but until then, the internet is the best we've got.

Yusuke is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita

Bring it up to the Japanese language threads on here and another board. Frame it as a chance to practice what they have learned.

Oh, I thought you were referring to a strange sort of monster porn.

Bump to save the thread before we make another. Any luck with translations?

Fucking THANK YOU.

The UI is a gaudy mess that places far too high an emphasis on style over substance.

It reminds me of one of those 8,000 calorie gimmick "burger" monstrosities you see restaurants offer from time to time, the sort that has 200 different ingredients thrown onto it, costs $50 and tastes like shit because all the different flavors overpower each other.

I found some slightly higher-res scans of the article. It should make some of the kanji easier to identify.
And no, they're not upscales. I checked in my paint program to make sure.

The fuck is that?

Uncommon Time

A tumblrette game that an user streamed and several of us got a good laugh out of.

Essentially the dumbshit girl protagonist has to play some magic song to save the world and she goes around recruiting other people to help her play it. But instead of, you know, trying to find competent musicians or something she just picks up a bunch of talentless tumblr-like special snowflakes. Meanwhile her friend Teagan gets increasingly fed up with her shit for doing this and when the magic song thing inevitably fails because everyone she picked was terrible, Teagan goes nuclear, tells her and everyone else how retarded they are in the big diatribe and then leaves. As this is a tumblr game, you're supposed to think Teagan is a big meanie, but as per usual with these types the straw-men they try to create always end up being the most reasonable characters.

And thus Teagan has some low key popularity around here.

Any recordings of the stream with chat?

Don't know if there's a recording of the whole game, but there's a least a record of Nuclear Teagan.

Interesting.

Amazing.

Dammit. I don't know if I should watch or not. I guess I'll just wait for anons to filter the details or something.

Well, if your schedule is compromised, I'm sure someone will record the stream anyway.

I think I would've enjoyed P3 more if Junpei's meltdown was more like that shit.

I skipped Persona 3 because the emo shit made me cringe. There's still some of it in Persona 4, but to a lesser degree. I'm playing very hard mode BTW, because I love a good challenge.

I'm somewhat optimistic in this new game, yet at the same time, it might be even more generic tryhard deviantart edginess, aside from some mediocre character design though, it looks very aesthetic.

The design and overall flow is probably the only reason I'm playing this pretty colorful garbage heap. I could care less about these characters. They're done to death and beyond.

Igor grew taller i see.

I fucking hate Anne's all out attack end-screen with a passion. It's fucking cheesy as fuck

And that nullifies my statement how?

It's not my schedule so much as not wanting to be spoiled. Not like I can understand jap anyway.

And Junpei's thing was how he thought his persona power would make him special and a hero, the Protagonist with his even greater power and hyper competence makes him feel inferior. Then he tries to prove himself but ends up getting one upped by the Protag. It's a standard inferiority complex.

Teagan was surrounded by incompetent fools who wouldn't listen to her and nearly cost them all their lives. This could possibly come up when it's revealed the Arcana Shadows summon Nyx, sort of like what they did in the 4th movie, but other than that their circumstances aren't similar enough for them to have similar breakdowns,

Why do I get the feeling that most people who played this sided against Teagan? Dude was vicious but 100% correct.

Anywhere like a forum or something we could find? I'd actually like to know if they did. And what happened after that scene.

Posted that before finishing the video. Didn't realize because of the amazing art style. Also what's the point of having an artist do work for your game if you let them put their name/date on each picture? Sticks out like a sore thumb.

Here's a bunch of fan-translations I pulled from the place that must not be named. Needless to say, not my credit.

I want to cum inside teagan. and fap to some porn of her

I don't know user, her head in the portrait kind of looks weird in the maid outfit.

We really should make more shit like this

It's going to be another Kanji and Naoto situation where you cuck him. **Except this time it will lead to him betraying you.

Well, I've just converted the easier half of Page 31 into type.
Feel free to experiment with it in various places and shit.

ペルソナを集めて自由に育てよう

ゲームを進める中で多様なペルソナを入手し、育成していく楽しさは、本作でも健在。バトルで経験を積むと、どんどんペルソナが成長し、新たなスキルを習得していく。また、ペルソナどうしを"合体"させ、新たなペルソナを生み出すことも可能。

手強さを増していくパレスの敵に備え、強力なペルソナを揃えよう。

←↓ 主人公と"コープ"の関係を結んだ相手がいると、合体でその相手と同じ"アルカナ"に属するペルソナを生み出す際に経験値ボーナスが入り、手早く育てられる。

← 合体させる各ペルソナのスキルは、合体後のペルソナにー部引き継げる。所持スキルが多いほど、継承できるスキルの数も増加。

Mind you, the dash in that last line may or may not actually be an ichi, so replace if necessary. Fuck if I know.

They'll probably both lose her to Junpei anyway.

This certainly won't be like 3 and 4, that much is clear by now. I really want to get my hands on it to see what it's about. 5 and a half months never seemed so long. Is this what it's like to be EU?

cool blogpost, friend

Not really. Only his head grew.

?????????

Where have you been?

Oh boy, this is gonna be fun

Well there's Sojiro and Futaba. I imagine this is a late night event.

I want to cum inside the MC.

Probably a better version of the late night events where the MC can do more than one thing at night.

So is it confirmed whether the PS4 version is 1080p or not?

1080p 60FPS it was obvious from the start though, since Sega can do it along with Scamco.

Sega has nothing to do with P5s development though.

ui gives me a headache

Starting a new thread since we're about to hit bump limit