Which version of 47 do you prefer?

Which version of 47 do you prefer?
Favorite game in the series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iy7p9IkAmj0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blood Money definitely looks the best, but Hitman 2016 looks more chiseled.

Not sure.

Favorite game is Blood Money.

As far as looks go, I liked Absolution 47 the best.

Blood Money is the best game, though, obviously. Every game has at least one level that's sweet as hell, though.

Same guy here, but I'd like to add I thought Hitman 2016 was a lot better than it looked.

Marrakesh sucked, though.

i asked this in a previous thread and nobody bothered answering
aside from the episodic nature of the new hitman, is the game fun?

Yes. Honestly it got bad reviews (?) but it feels like a polished Blood Money. I hate the episodic nature though.

never heard of it
is it a fangame or something?

reminder

It is. But you should wait until all episodes come out. It's not open world garbage but you're pretty free in the way you want to kill your target, which makes it very interesting. But wait until all episodes are out, since you need for one episode max. 1.5 hours if you want to explore and possibilities. The initial goal was to release an episode every month but well…

I'm more and more convinced that Holla Forums becomes like reddit.com/r/gaming because people start thinking that personal preference is valid for everyone. But I have to admit it was linear as fuck and the story is far from the rails.

Hi, I'm from Holla Forums and I hate fun.

If you like a game and think its gets shit on unfairly, then stand up and defend it. Not shamefully in an 'unpopular opinion' kind of way, either. Stand up and say 'fuck you Holla Forums I like this game' and talk about WHY you think it's good.

I played all of absolution it's the only hitman game I've played. I know. and thought it was just kind of whatever. Atmosphere was awesome, visuals were good, gameplay and story were lukewarm. I need to play Blood Money sometime, I love open-ended games like that.

Blood Money 47 looks the best imo. 2016 one would have been close if it was a bit more distinct and less bland

Blood money is my favorite game in the series and Silent Assassin comes second

Don't buy it until its fully released. Its actually pretty good but they pretty much shot themselves in the foot with their business model. The episodic nature makes it feel disjointed as fuck and to get the most out of your money you have to keep up with these missable events like fucking pokemon.

Absolution is a good game, it's just different from the others. The levels were linear, but they were generally well designed, usually with around three options to advance at any time. And all of the levels have really cool concepts.

What game should I play first?

Blood Money.

But Absolution is shit.

Fixed

I like the gaunt look he had in Contracts and Silent Assassin.
I think Contracts is the best game, too.

Is Hitman 1 outdated or something? Never played either of those games besides hearing Death to Spies was inspired by that series.

Play Blood Money and then play the first Splinter Cell and Chaos Theory.

You have to be really dedicated to play Hitman 1. Gameplay is awkward and not fun. Blood Money is overall the best Hitman.

Most of 1's levels are shit but there's a couple that are really good, which were remade in Contracts.

Older 47 from Absolution is the best one and you don't add him, nice hivemind.

Contracts or Blood Money.

I enjoyed it too, especially the dark & gritty atmosphere and the approach to make it more stealth. That mission where you have to kill the son & friends of that texas businessman cunt and then force the son to dig his own grave. top kek.
Unfortunately it was more like "get from point A to B and kill C". The new hitman is like "Subject C needs to be killed without using/alarming/being seen by X". I like also the story of the new one better than the old, since the old was about a girl and the new one tells the story of Agent 47.

Blood Money version looks the best.
Best game is a tossup between 3/4.

The new hitman looks like Todd wtf.

Let's clear this up once and for all.
Absolution "campaign" mode was super dogshit tier.
The "contracts" mode was actually pretty fun since the gameplay was actually alright.

Yeah, I thought this was very cool.

Haven't played any of them.
Which one is best? With that said, plays like an actual assassin game?

Did no one see the resemblance?

Blood Money > Contracts > Silent Assassin > shit > Codename 47 > Absolution

Codename 47 is the worst one.

Have you only played the pirated verson of Absolution? Because then your view is warped. Only the "multiplayer" is good since it is like an actual Hitman game.

This.

Alright, I'll play me some blood money then

Everyone says Absolution is the worst, and Blood Money is the best. Can someone break down why?

Codename 47 is by far the goofiest.

Absolution has that x ray shit from asscreed and the disguises arent that useful.

Blood Money had horrible controls on the PC version though.

Holla Forums has changed for the worst
Hitman fans also disappeared, nobody can say you should start the series with anything other than CN47 or 2:SA

Alright, but what was up with the story? I'm not familiar with Hitman too much, but people say the story in Absolution was monumentally bad. What happened?

They tried to give 47 feelings and a girl he had to rescue, like Man on Fire but as a cinematic AAA game.

CN47 was not a good game. Take off your nostalgia goggles. I can agree that the 2nd is a good place to start.

Yes HMA had a shit story but did you ever play ANY hitman game for the fucking story? Contracts mode is a pretty good hitman game but obviously no one on Holla Forums played it.

don't forget absolution was linear as fuck

Come back when you've played Contracts.

Absolution changed around the save system. Whenever you loaded a save, most of the progress you made (except your position in the level) was reset. So anyone you had killed, bodies you had hidden, etc., were all reset. They tried to push this bullet-time mode to make it less punishing for casuals who treated it like an action game. They introduced an "instinct" system to allow people who were bad at sneaking to get through the game anyway–and at the same time, they made it so you were more likely to be caught by people who were wearing the same disguise as you, which largely undermined the point of disguises in the first place. They fucked the story up by throwing out the entire premise of the previous games in the very first mission. There's probably more, but any more words typed on the subject of this game are a waste of time and energy.

Silent Assassin, Contracts, and Blood Money are all pretty similar, and form what most would consider the "core" of the series. I think Blood Money did the best job of conveying when and how scripted or time-sensitive events were playing out, which let you more easily use the cool set pieces that the designers had placed in the levels. Personally, I think Contracts was the best of the bunch, since it struck a middle road between Silent Assassin's autism and Blood Money's streamlining.

But the story is much more in your face in Absolution. In Contracts and Blood Money, the story on really exists to connect gameplay segments together. Contrast that with Absolution, where the story drove the gameplay; all the missions are closely tied to one another for the sake of an overarching narrative, and the game is markedly worse for it, among other reasons.

See, I've only watched the auzziegamer play it (can't run it on my own and I'd rather wait for the whole thing to finally be released) and aside from release jewery, the game looks fine.
Yes I'm linking directly to him, whatever.

I don't know man, so many choices.

I actually like codename 47's the most because he looks like a normal guy, which is exactly what he's supposed to look like. All the others give off the impression of evil assassin guy which is exactly what he's supposed to avoid.

Absolution is not dark and gritty, it's pretty lighthearted compared to Contracts.

What's that?

Blood Money looked the best because he was ripped as fuck. Then in Absolution he's really skinny.

Hitman 2's face looks best though.

He is supposed to be old and tired in Absolution.

deepest lore

47 really died in Blood Money

It is a good game. Played on launch so no "nostalgia goggles" you faggot.
Except for that damn forest level. Fuck that.

Do you not know what nostalgia goggles are?

What? The only thing that makes you exempt form nostalgia goggles is if you played it recently, like how someone who played Morrowind after Skyrim doesn't view the game with "nostalgia goggles"

Blood Money is the only good Hitman game ever made.

Contracts > Blood Money > Silent Assassin > everything > Absolution

Kek. It begs the question why would a celebrity ever use the bus

I think Blood Money 47 is a very handsome man.

Do you think his expression softens when he cums?

i liked the first one. absolution was good too.

absolution had one of the most better graphics I saw until now.

the first one.

kys tbh fam

hitman absolution hitman is best looking hitman
if only he actually did his fucking job

Feels unremarkable.

Codename 47 is absolutely awful assuming you actually get it to run.

The ability to equip two different pistols though.

You could equip two different handguns in Silent Assassin, though it was a glitch.

this

and this

sum it up

We all know the best version of 47.

so i've played blood money, and my toaster is too shit to run the latest episodic masterpiece
which other hitman game should i play
should i just start from codename 47?

Codename 47 is shit. Play either Contracts or Silent Assassin–preferably both.

I think BM 47 is the best.

In all stealth games I like Sam Fisher and splinter cell more though, Blacklist was surprisingly good and on my first run of it on Realistic (basically hard) difficulty where I focused on non-lethal and stealth was fun, challenging and the story was pretty good.

>As an added bonus, let's check out one of the tunes created by your first target in Thailand. youtube.com/watch?v=iy7p9IkAmj0

The series died with DA but BL is just atrocious and you are a fag for enabling it

Blacklist was a passable stealth game if you played on Perfectionist difficulty. But it still had lots of little problems and baggage from Conviction. And the Grim side ops, which were supposed to be "stealthy levels for le hardcore stealth players" painfully missed the point of good stealth design by instantly failing you if you're spotted.

Sam has gray as fuck hair and the VA quit because he thought the writing was shit and Sam was too heartless, he would have loved to do the project otherwise. Hope he returns in the next one, I know ubisoft will make another one regardless of BL's shit sales.

It's been about 10 years since the first trilogy, characters change.

tbh stealth was really fucking easy once you unlocked the crossbow with a good stealth ops suit and sleeping gas bolts. It also goes through walls kek.

He didn't like the script for the ORIGINAL. The story took a nosedive starting with DA. Anyone defending the games after that is a casual who probably played all the games on console to boot.

Sam Fisher's whole character is that he's an old soldier who's getting too old for this shit, but keeps doing it because he's still the best Third Echelon has – not their ONLY stealth operative, just the best. If they wanted to do a more action-oriented Splinter Cell game, all they had to do was use one of the many faceless agents from co-op over the years, and have Fisher take over Lambert's spot on the radio.

Oh right, that's the exact same thing I read wrongly.

Sorry about that, but another point for why he didn't go to BL was because of them using mo-cap instead of normal animation.

Play Contracts if you like "Dark and Gritty" so much.

Lol.

why do hitman games keep doing this to me
gonna try contracts, hopefully i won't get the same issue

But the events are what makes it interesting
You learn everything about the maps through repeating the levels until you git gud, but then there's no element of surprise so it's more like being omnipotent than being a trained assassin
The events shaking things up a bit take the levels you already know in and out and inject some of the unknown into it

Why the fuck would you run from the motherfucker you're supposed to kill

Well did you even try to diagnose the problem?

Absolution looks like it might be okay if they took that see-through-walls bullshit out of it. The game is way too easy if you know that opening a door is safe before you even open it.

Yeah I think anyone who's ever played Hitman before noticed it.

Don't want to risk an open confrontation with someone they regard as a strong enemy. Considerin they both do most of their killing in ambush like fashion.

Just play on the hardest difficulty.

Oh god summer is getting a little too hot for my tastes.

I did play it on launch and loved it but when Hitman 2 came out I was forced to recognize the superior one.
Absolution was my favorite one (didn't like contracts for some reason) until BM came out and I think that if Hitman(tm) came out as a full game it'd probably be the best one to date.

it never fails

I guess it depends on where the confrontation takes place. If they can be sure the other person wouldn't call an alert, then I guess hiding would be fine

I'm implying they would be worried that the other person would

You seem very confused.

Absolution was released in 2012 and it's not okay. Even devs apologized for it.

They always go to far.
90% of the time you just have to remove a case to have an actual funny and clever comic but it seems that the last case is reserved to the stupid reaction of the self insert characters.

I obviously meant SA (fuck my shit up)

I like Codename 47, but I haven't replayed it as much as Silent Assassin and Blood Money. The main reason is because the series improved so much over the following entries.
This is the same for pretty much every game. It's great when it comes out first, then it improves on itself with a new entry, and people start shitting on the original.

Scratch that which one looks the most like beautiful squidward?

only valid answer

How do I becum an hitman? Will I get 12 year old cunny?

back to >>>Holla Forums with you

I didnt expect anything and was still disappointed.
How hard would've it been to made something like The Jackal'? not that shitty Bruce Willis one

Aw c'mon user, the brucie version had some moments..

Like.. what?
It was a piece of shit though only part i remember is that retarded one with the remote-controlled minigun.

These faggots really do make some God awful content.