Monster Hunter /mhg/

MHG DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI you can download and install the US

version directly from Nintendo's Eshop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?

pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=SnS&c2=Long Sword&c3=GreatSword&c4=Switch Axe&c5=Charge Blade&c6=Insect Glaive&c7=Hammer&c8=Lance&c9=Gunlance&c10=Dual Blades&c11=Hunting Horn&c12=Bow&c13=H-Bowgun&c14=L-bowgun&c15=&t=&col=&time=5&width=&cols=&tcol=&x=137&y=26
wheeldecide.com/index.php?c16=Tetsu&c17=Tigrex&c18=COngalala&c19=Gore&c20=Nerscyalla&c21=Zamtrios&c22=Rathalos&c23=Rathian&c24=Brachy&c25=Gypy&c26=Kecha&c27=Zinogre&c28=Rajang&c29=Gravios&c30=Lagombi&c31=najarala&c32=Khezu&c33=Deviljho&c34=Teostra&c35=Kushala &c36=Ukanlos&c37=Akantor &c38=Tetsu - Sub&c39=Tigrex - sub 1 &c40=congalala sub&c41=gore sub&c42=nerscylaa sub&c43=Zamtrios sub&c44=Rathalos sub1&c45=Rathian sub 1&c46=Brachy sub&c47=Gypy sub&c48=Zingore sub&c49=Kecha sub&c50=Rajang sub&c51=Gravios sub&c52=Lagombi x2&c53=Naja sub&c54=Khezu sub&c55=Deviljho sub&c56=Tigrex sub 2&c57=Rathalos sub 2&c58=Rathian sub 2&c59=&t=monsters&col=&time=5&width=&cols=&tcol=&x=73&y=29
wheeldecide.com/index.php?c16=no skills&c17=no armour&c18=your choice&c19=No items&c22=Apex/Frenzy&c23=Gamechanger&c24=Sub-Quest only&c25=no skills&c26=no armour&c27=your choice&c28=No items&c29=Apex/Frenzy&c30=Gamechanger&c31=Sub-Quest only&c32=&t=Quest reqyuirements&col=&time=5&width=&cols=&tcol=&x=0&y=0
wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=Sword and Shield, Guild Style&c2=Sword and Shield, Striker Style&c3=Sword and Shield, Aerial Style&c4=Sword and Shield, Adept Style&c5=Dual Blades, Guild Style&c6=Dual Blades, Striker Style&c7=Dual Blades, Aerial Style&c8=Dual Blades, Adept Style&c9=Great Sword, Guild Style&c10=Great Sword, Striker Style&c11=Great Sword, Aerial Style&c12=Great Sword, Adept Style&c13=Long Sword, Guild Style&c14=Long Sword, Striker Style&c15=Long Sword, Aerial Style&c16=Long Sword, Adept Style&c17=Hammer, Guild Style&c18=Hammer, Striker Style&c19=Hammer, Aerial Style&c20=Hammer, Adept Style&c21=Hunting Horn, Guild Style&c22=Hunting Horn, Striker Style&c23=Hunting Horn, Aerial Style&c24=Hunting Horn, Adept Style&c25=Lance, Guild Style&c26=Lance, Striker Style&c27=Lance, Aerial Style&c28=Lance, Adept Style&c29=Gunlance, Guild Style&c30=Gunlance, Striker Style&c31=Gunlance, Aerial Style&c32=Gunlance, Adept Style&c33=Switch Axe, Guild Style&c34=Switch Axe, Striker Style&c35=Switch Axe, Aerial Style&c36=Switch Axe, Adept Style&c37=Insect Glaive, Guild Style&c38=Insect Glaive, Striker Style&c39=Insect Glaive, Aerial Style&c40=Insect Glaive, Adept Style&c41=Charge Blade, Guild Style&c42=Charge Blade, Striker Style&c43=Charge Blade, Aerial Style&c44=Charge Blade, Adept Style&c45=Light Bowgun, Guild Style&c46=Light Bowgun, Striker Style&c47=Light Bowgun, Aerial Style&c48=Light Bowgun, Adept Style&c49=Heavy Bowgun, Guild Style&c50=Heavy Bowgun, Striker Style&c51=Heavy Bowgun, Aerial Style&c52=Heavy Bowgun, Adept Style&c53=Bow, Guild Style&c54=Bow, Striker Style&c55=Bow, Aerial Style&c56=Bow, Adept Style&t=Weapon and Style&time=5
wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=Great Maccao&c2=Velocidrome&c3=Bulldrome&c4=Seltas&c5=Arzuros&c6=Redhelm Arzuros&c7=Gendrome&c8=Cephadrome&c9=Yian Kut-ku&c10=Iodrome&c11=Kecha Wacha&c12=Lagombi&c13=Snowbaron Lagombi&c14=Gypceros&c15=Tetsucabra&c16=Drilltusk Tetsucabra&c17=Daimyo Hermitaur&c18=Stonefist Hermitaur&c19=Volvidon&c20=Royal Ludroth&c21=Malfestio&c22=Zamtrios&c23=Khezu&c24=Rathian&c25=Gold Rathian&c26=Dreadqueen Rathian&c27=Nibelsnarf&c28=Plesioth&c29=Blangonga&c30=Lavasioth&c31=Shogun Ceanataur&c32=Najarala&c33=Nargacuga&c34=Silverwind Nargacuga&c35=Yian Garuga&c36=Deadeye Yian Garuga&c37=Uragaan&c38=Crystalbeard Uragaan&c39=Seltas Queen&c40=Rathalos&c41=Silver Rathalos&c42=Dreadking Rathalos&c43=Lagiacrus&c44=Zinogre&c45=Thunderlord Zinogre&c46=Mizutsune&c47=Astalos&c48=Gammoth&c49=Glavenus&c50=Hellblade Glavenus&c51=Agnaktor&c52=Gore Magala&c53=Seregios&c54=Duramboros&c55=Tigrex&c56=Grimclaw Tigrex&c57=Kirin&c58=Brachydios&c59=Shagaru Magala&c60=Rajang&c61=Furious Rajang&c62=Deviljho&c63=Savage Deviljho&c64=Kushala Daora&c65=Chameleos&c66=Teostra&c67=Akantor&c68=Ukanlos&c69=Amatsu&c70=Nakarkos&c71=Alatreon&t=Monster&time=5
wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=No Skills&c2=No Armor&c3=Your Choice&c4=No Items&c5=Hyper&c6=Eat for Gamechanger&c7=Sub-Quest Only&c8=One Additional Monster&c9=More Than Two Monsters&c10=No Skills&c11=No Armor&c12=Your Choice&c13=No Items&c14=Hyper&c15=Eat for Gamechanger&c16=Sub-Quest Only&c17=One Additional Monster&c18=More Than Two Monsters&t=Quest Effects&time=5
discord.gg/VaVZW
youtube.com/watch?v=KjGLqotupXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MHX Room

ID: 17-1713-5716-6461
Pass: 2165

No real goals, maybe take turns posting quests. Willing to hunt just about anything, maybe I'll get materials that will inspire me to build something.

How's misutzune gear's bubble skill ? I like the sound of it in theory, but does it really measurably improve evading ?

PC! PC! PC!

After three dodges you get covered in bubbles for a couple of minutes, while it's active you get evade+1 and constitution+1. It is noticeable but I find it keeps dropping in the most inconvenient situations.

Thanks. I guess I'll see since I was set on farming him anyway, I like him most out of the new four.

Also bear in mind that bubbles count as a status so you should gem in the Crisis/Resuscitate skill so you'll have AuL while soaped up.

oops meant for

fuck khezus

Good hunts, fellow Hunter. Hope to cross paths with you again sometime.

Sounds good. I'll do that.

I don't think I'll ever stop hating those faggots even though the gigginox was worse.

True, the Mizutsune S set even has the skill built it.

Did we play the same third gen?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

3U ? I didn't miss the lightning attacks, but more armor, more climbing and spawning leeches wasn't a good trade-off.

We may never get a proper PC release for a Monster Hunter game. With that said, P3rd HD runs on PPSSPP so I've been enjoying it emulated at a delicious 1080p resolution. The hot spring area is extra comfy this way.

Hosting MHGen room, up for whatever. I've got a bunch of mats that I need so anything is alright. Currently HR6.

ID: 56-1825-4515-6462
Pass: 5246

4U's bad habit of turning what ought to be normal hunts into "cinematic experiences". Just wait until you do the Kushala Daora at the end.

How can people have been playing Monster Hunter for this long and STILL not understand how Gigginox's weakpoints switch from head to tail in ragemode?

What?
I just saw that as the tutorial for apex monsters. The same way the scripted mohran fight at the beginning was the tutorial for him and kushy at the end was just teaching you about the battle quarters.

Not all hunters are granted intelligence, user.

Is chameleos armor worth getting in monster hunter 4U?
I hate kushala with a passion but building that instead of Garuga's X armor just seems somwhat of a waste.
How do you deal with GRank Blacknado?

Wait, what? There's an intelligence stat? None of my equipment seems to raise it, I think my game is bugged. No wonder I keep triple carting against the Seltas. Was this shit game even playtested?

;^^^)

I read that in his voice.
What the fuck

Same way you deal with HR Blacknado. Deliver AIDS.

I usually hit it hard enough it goes back to white smoke
Using a 1.5k damage hammer is a bliss, truly

I remember in the last thread we were talking about a Hunter's Roulette for Gen and it seems to be already a thing for Monster Hunter 4U. I don't think anyone else has tried it for Gen or Cross yet so I'll be setting the wheels up now. Here are the 4U wheels I found if you want to use them.
wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=SnS&c2=Long Sword&c3=GreatSword&c4=Switch Axe&c5=Charge Blade&c6=Insect Glaive&c7=Hammer&c8=Lance&c9=Gunlance&c10=Dual Blades&c11=Hunting Horn&c12=Bow&c13=H-Bowgun&c14=L-bowgun&c15=&t=&col=&time=5&width=&cols=&tcol=&x=137&y=26
wheeldecide.com/index.php?c16=Tetsu&c17=Tigrex&c18=COngalala&c19=Gore&c20=Nerscyalla&c21=Zamtrios&c22=Rathalos&c23=Rathian&c24=Brachy&c25=Gypy&c26=Kecha&c27=Zinogre&c28=Rajang&c29=Gravios&c30=Lagombi&c31=najarala&c32=Khezu&c33=Deviljho&c34=Teostra&c35=Kushala &c36=Ukanlos&c37=Akantor &c38=Tetsu - Sub&c39=Tigrex - sub 1 &c40=congalala sub&c41=gore sub&c42=nerscylaa sub&c43=Zamtrios sub&c44=Rathalos sub1&c45=Rathian sub 1&c46=Brachy sub&c47=Gypy sub&c48=Zingore sub&c49=Kecha sub&c50=Rajang sub&c51=Gravios sub&c52=Lagombi x2&c53=Naja sub&c54=Khezu sub&c55=Deviljho sub&c56=Tigrex sub 2&c57=Rathalos sub 2&c58=Rathian sub 2&c59=&t=monsters&col=&time=5&width=&cols=&tcol=&x=73&y=29
wheeldecide.com/index.php?c16=no skills&c17=no armour&c18=your choice&c19=No items&c22=Apex/Frenzy&c23=Gamechanger&c24=Sub-Quest only&c25=no skills&c26=no armour&c27=your choice&c28=No items&c29=Apex/Frenzy&c30=Gamechanger&c31=Sub-Quest only&c32=&t=Quest reqyuirements&col=&time=5&width=&cols=&tcol=&x=0&y=0

Room's down until I can figure out how to get into ToS wifi at Starbucks or USB tethering
Good Tigrex hunt though, little crazy on the heals.

:^)

Chameleos set is basically anti-Kush. If you hate Kushy that much it'll definitely be worth your while.

Wew lad

mh4u 40-1452-0178-1130
Doing some HR 3 key quests and then rathalos farming.

What's the natural progression from the Buja set? Rathalos seems appropriate, but it somehow has even more -defense on it and fewer slots.

Start making something appropriate to your preferred weapon types. For example, something with guard and artillery for Gunlance, something with Focus and Crit Draw for GS. Or, anything that looks nice. You should enjoy not needing to clownsuit while it lasts.

Well, to be fair, there's never any NEED for clownsuiting, it's just that it's way better than making regular armors(Both skill-wise, and grind-wise, since you need to kill a bunch of different monsters a few times rather than killing the same one 6-10 times)

Kushala Daora wasn't too bad though it's clear neither of his encounters were really intended to be fights. Fight against him where the Ace Hunters got to shine was more a tutorial for the wheely-cannon than anything else, though I remember mounting the bastard at one point or another even despite it trying to tell me the cannons were the only hope, and I assume later there'll be a mission where I can regularly fight it since there's equipment unlocking to be crafted (including a pretty sick looking charge blade) that calls for a bunch of shit I can't obtain yet.

It's a penis, we get it.

Don't suppose we have any fabulous hunters here with the Hyper Seltas Queen quest? Need to get a single Hyper S. Queen Shell to finish my arachnid bow upgrades, but every group I join carts completely in the first 3 minutes.

I'm having trouble with the regular seltas queen quest, sorry fam.

Did they upgrade it in this version somehow? Seltases have always been piss easy.

Hyper Seltas Queen hits like a god damn truck. We're talking G-rank hits here.

And was speaking about regular Seltas Q., which has always been a pushover at best.

Undergeared and in multiplayer it isn't, everyone I roll with carts fairly quickly.

Not really, you're talking like 60% and only half the time because it's the charge ones.
If you're really having difficulty just hotswap to bushido and go to town.
Nothing the queen has multi-hits so generally it's ezmodo.

Alternatively, nyanter does pretty well against her

I'll give it a shot.

ID: 23-1714-2653-7567
Pass: 8888

You can't make this shit up.

By "clownsuit", do you mean a mixed armor set?
Because if so, that's kinda confusing, i was under the impression that most people here hated full sets and used mixed sets all the time?

Need to kill some Rathalos to make the armor set.
30-0262-5883-4140 8888
Big guys only.

Strategic mixed sets (deliberately mixing and matching different parts for different skills and such) vs. just slapdashing a full armor set together with no regard for what you'll get out of it

Yeah, sorry.

I use the term "Clownsuit" when people mix and match armor, skills or not.

So how's the opinion on just using full sets with appropriate skills on em?

I haven't checked with the community since MH3U where the average mentality was "if you aren't mixing up with 100% optimal skills elemental LBG speedrunning shit in 1 minute flat you're an insta-kick scrub".

Like can hunters sticking to full sets with normal skills survive socially in 4U and G?

The percentage of players that will truly be that autistic about what you wear is pretty small. Full set or mixed, as long as you have some useful skills most people won't care. Hell, most people online won't care as long as you don't die all the time or hit them more than the monster.

Don't worry about it, as long as your armor does useful stuff it doesn't matter what the hell you wear. Full sets typically look better than deliberate clownsuits anyways.

please if I saw another kelbi bow with the auto guard talisman and no skills on his armor one more time

So, this one time i killed a gore magala, and when i carved i got three plates.
I went to check how common they were, turns out i had a 0.00125% of getting three in a row.

Just keep breaking shit on it and you'll strike gold eventually. Lop off tail, wait for it to frenzy so you can break its horns, break its arms and legs and wings.

Luckiest cocksucker in the face of the planet.

The chance was 1/8000
It made me so smug when i found out, cause i know the struggle of finding that one part you need.

VILLAGE HUB QUESTS ARE SHIT
Hub village urgents or Hub village ingredient, armor and reward quest are shit, after the host gets it done he'll fuck off leaving a mess of broken promises and bitter resentment.
I solo all the Hub unlock quests now after being burned way too many times.
Fuck every last person who thought this was a good idea.

And the amount of people quitting via subquest is insanely high they just give up after two carts and boot ya out the room if you still attempt to finish it.

Ask people you know then. I reckon people on this board would be willing to help, if time permits.

I carted twice, ran out of potions, and forgot to bring whetstones but I did it. I love the shakas.

Now go finish Alatreon and win Aisha's love.

The cannon mask was way better than it should have been

If only 3U didn't run at silky smooth 25 fps, it'd be perfect.

It runs at around 50.

It really doesn't feel like 50, choppy as fuck.
I think constant 60 at all times spoiled me.

Play on 3ds
Turn off 3d
Silky smooth 50 fps.

You playing on WiiU or 3DS? Because it ran like dogshit on the WiiU.

What's the deal with them?

Wii U, it really feels like 25 to me(and drops to 10 when monsters use breath attacks)

That's how I felt with it too, but the New3DS seems to smoothen it out just enough. It FELT like 60.
No, I'm not shilling for the New3DS, the nub is shit. The FPS is what matters to me.

Yeah WiiU version runs like shit. It's the 3DS version that gets 40-50 fps.

The WiiU really was a shitheap of a console.

It doesn't make sense when you think about it.
Is it harder to hack N3DSs?I think I'll buy one for myself

What, seriously?
I was considering buying the console just to play MH3U and now you tell me 3DS is better?
I'm assuming you mean New 3DS, r-right?

That fucking nub is useless. I'm considering going back to the old 3DS just to use the circle pad pro despite the difference in hardware power.

It has nothing to do with the framerate, the problem with the WiiU version was input lag due to bad/lazy porting by capcom, that's what fucks up the pacing and your ability to hit and dodge shit.

As a general rule never expect capcom to put any effort whatsoever in things they don't expect them to make millions with minimal amount of work.

Home consoles in japan are dead, but they had to respect some kind of deal with nintendo, so they just threw the wiiu port under the bus.

Nope, it ran better on the O3DS back then too.

It's not harder to hack the N3DS than the O3DS. Literally just pick the firmware versions for N3DS instead of O3DS and follow the same process.

Consider getting MH3G and learning Japanese while you play, it doesn't have the casual +50 armor.

Only the host gets the quest done, so like urgents if you are doing it online, you are supposed to do them 4 times if you have full lobby. And there is too many of those quests.

It has no online though.

No the framerate is actually bad faggot

3rd gen online is dead anyways.

I'm not saying the framerate isn't bad, i'm saying the framerate isn't the fucking reason why the port doesn't work as intended.
Read posts more than zero times.

It has everything to do with the framerate.

Depends on what do you mean by dead, there are ~300 players online on MH3U last I checked(3 days ago), but most are doing G-Rank.

reminder to never EVER hit the monster if you are using the hunting horn

your job is to stand off to the side and play songs because its literally IMPOSSIBLE to do anything with a horn now

No, the problem is input lag due to a botched port, wich isn't tied necessarily to the framerate.

Even if the WiiU was a solid 60 FPS, it wouldn't make any difference if they fucked up the way the game registers your inputs, it has something to do with the way they ported the engine itself when making the WiiU version.

MH3U still has online, i was playing it earlier today

Okay but the framerate was still bad.

It would, it would make a fuckton of difference actually, the game actually feels playable in the areas where fps is decent.

not the 3ds version

no the 3DS version can't connect over online. It's local only.

That sounds tedious. I guess it's good enough if you play with one more person.

I disagree, i played a FUCKTON of MH3U on WiiU and the input lag is always there.
Sure the game is smoother when the framerate is better, but by no means it feels like it should feel.

There's a huge difference between playing a game, and the game slows down because of fluctuating framerate problems, and playing a game where the inputs are fundamentally delayed.

You'll always feel something is wrong in the second case, where in the first case everything simply slows down.

To put it in simple terms, it's the difference between playing a 30fps game that dips to 20 in extreme cases, and it feels like you're playing at 20fps when that happens, and a game that runs at 30fps and it dips to 20 but there's input lag so when it's 30, you're playing at 20, and when it dips to 20 it feels like you're playing at 10 fps.
It's an additional layer that fucks up your shit that is never present on any 3DS MH game.

Good luck if your doctor ever tells you that the positive outcome of a procedure/treatment is 95% :^)

Fucking THIS.

I'd rather have the game be at 60fps with delay than 25 with delay.
Also, now that you mentioned that delay, I think that it was why I sucked at dodging and rolling through roars a bit.
I've played MHp3rd at 120% the regular speed and I have no trouble rolling through some roars without Eva+ and dodging most monsters is piss easy.

No wait, i was reading you can connect online, but only to somebody who owns a Wii U which is kinda fucked.

What are those armors?
Sorry, i'm ignorant.

D-Dude my doctor told me that when i asked about eye laser surgery.
Mfw.

Funny thing, that's better in MH3G too. The camera literally rotates faster and doesn't require so much force.

I think this is day… 5 of him being upset that someone told him HH is low priority?

In normal Monster Hunter games your base armor value is 0. In MH3U, the localization of MH3G, they gave you 50 armor. That means from the very start of the game you had +50 armor all the time that never went away even when naked.

The sexual tension is unbearable.

JUST FUCK ALREADY

You get inate +50 armor value

please, I'm not even that guy, he's been going on about this for the better part of a week now.

Based western skin folded 1000 times.
It was made to combat katanas from china.

The best part is that this all started because i posted a list of advices suggesting HH users to focus on the head, because such was the case up until 3U.
Apparently they aren't high priority on the head anymore, and this caused the entire clusterfuck.

Even if it's not high priority anymore, the HH user can just…hit the head anyway?
As long as he isn't flinching or slinging other hunters and respects the proper positioning, who gives a fuck?

Is a week long sperg out really worth it over this?

IIRC in MHG Hunting horn's stun got tanked into the floor, so really HH in groups isn't that useful at stunning anymore compared to other stunners. HH buffs are still fantastic and the double note system makes it even easier to keep them up constantly, but I still wonder why the hell they nerfed HH, it already had the slowest solo-kill times
And I wouldn't say it's worth the spergout, but that guy thinks so.

user, you see, i'm a seasoned hammer warrior, and while i'd agree it's best to have a head to hit, free of any obstacle, it's better for a hammer weilder to keep the head on his right, as many wind up attacks follow that direction and hit better.
So i guess the Hunting Horn can freely take the free side of the boss, cause he has more freedom in his moveset.

It's just stupid, HH's whole thing was lower damage for more stuns, hell I remember pulling 3-4 stuns per battle on most monsters back in 3U

I guess they just wanted to hammer the point home that you're a helper? I mean don't get me wrong you can still get stuns off, it's just much less often.
And fuck whoever decided that SnS should be the best stunner. That shit's just retarded

Honestly the hunting horn is a godsend for multiplayer, expecially the ones with roar resistence.
It feels like an ok weapon overall, maybe they should make things more interesting? Like adding double notes only songs, with very strong effects?
Like flashbangs for example?

Yeah I'll agree with you there, the double note system isn't really used to any sort of effectiveness outside of trying to clog other people's screens or the first self improvement.
Then again the Horn in general got the shaft in this installment, all it's arts are really awful too

It's the pain of derivate weapons.
I too know the struggle as a gunlance avid user, i'm sad it turned out that way in gen.
Did the dual swords ever got better?
They seem kinda eh for any purpose that is not statusing.

dool weld was really stronk in 3U, but that's because slime was op and DS could slime really fast

DS got ravenous wolf or whatever they localized it as. It's probably one of the best arts in the game I'd say. They're really good at hammering elemental damage, but with SnS's huge buff this one, SnS basically just is a better dual sword.
Pretty mid-high kill times IIRC. So you can easily do worse if you're just going for quick kills.
Aerial and Striker are laughably awful on it though. No clue about adept

At this rate it's gonna be pinecone CB all over again.

Please stop.

That was a total accident I swear.

Why?I think those are pretty rad words

gen lobby, HR relaxed hunting
21-50929-7423-3909

if you have a low HR dont worry about it

That sounds lewd

whats the typo

Goddamit user, I don't want to masturbate today

whoops, the extra 9 in there
21-5092-7423-3909
fuck me

Alright so here are the wheels for Gen. One is for weapon and style, the monster, and any additional quest effects. To prevent any possible confusion I'll explain the quest effects.
Anything I should do to make wheels better? Should there be an actual list of rules to make this a regular thing? I don't know how to make the links shorter because I'm sure link shortners are filtered here
wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=Sword and Shield, Guild Style&c2=Sword and Shield, Striker Style&c3=Sword and Shield, Aerial Style&c4=Sword and Shield, Adept Style&c5=Dual Blades, Guild Style&c6=Dual Blades, Striker Style&c7=Dual Blades, Aerial Style&c8=Dual Blades, Adept Style&c9=Great Sword, Guild Style&c10=Great Sword, Striker Style&c11=Great Sword, Aerial Style&c12=Great Sword, Adept Style&c13=Long Sword, Guild Style&c14=Long Sword, Striker Style&c15=Long Sword, Aerial Style&c16=Long Sword, Adept Style&c17=Hammer, Guild Style&c18=Hammer, Striker Style&c19=Hammer, Aerial Style&c20=Hammer, Adept Style&c21=Hunting Horn, Guild Style&c22=Hunting Horn, Striker Style&c23=Hunting Horn, Aerial Style&c24=Hunting Horn, Adept Style&c25=Lance, Guild Style&c26=Lance, Striker Style&c27=Lance, Aerial Style&c28=Lance, Adept Style&c29=Gunlance, Guild Style&c30=Gunlance, Striker Style&c31=Gunlance, Aerial Style&c32=Gunlance, Adept Style&c33=Switch Axe, Guild Style&c34=Switch Axe, Striker Style&c35=Switch Axe, Aerial Style&c36=Switch Axe, Adept Style&c37=Insect Glaive, Guild Style&c38=Insect Glaive, Striker Style&c39=Insect Glaive, Aerial Style&c40=Insect Glaive, Adept Style&c41=Charge Blade, Guild Style&c42=Charge Blade, Striker Style&c43=Charge Blade, Aerial Style&c44=Charge Blade, Adept Style&c45=Light Bowgun, Guild Style&c46=Light Bowgun, Striker Style&c47=Light Bowgun, Aerial Style&c48=Light Bowgun, Adept Style&c49=Heavy Bowgun, Guild Style&c50=Heavy Bowgun, Striker Style&c51=Heavy Bowgun, Aerial Style&c52=Heavy Bowgun, Adept Style&c53=Bow, Guild Style&c54=Bow, Striker Style&c55=Bow, Aerial Style&c56=Bow, Adept Style&t=Weapon and Style&time=5

wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=Great Maccao&c2=Velocidrome&c3=Bulldrome&c4=Seltas&c5=Arzuros&c6=Redhelm Arzuros&c7=Gendrome&c8=Cephadrome&c9=Yian Kut-ku&c10=Iodrome&c11=Kecha Wacha&c12=Lagombi&c13=Snowbaron Lagombi&c14=Gypceros&c15=Tetsucabra&c16=Drilltusk Tetsucabra&c17=Daimyo Hermitaur&c18=Stonefist Hermitaur&c19=Volvidon&c20=Royal Ludroth&c21=Malfestio&c22=Zamtrios&c23=Khezu&c24=Rathian&c25=Gold Rathian&c26=Dreadqueen Rathian&c27=Nibelsnarf&c28=Plesioth&c29=Blangonga&c30=Lavasioth&c31=Shogun Ceanataur&c32=Najarala&c33=Nargacuga&c34=Silverwind Nargacuga&c35=Yian Garuga&c36=Deadeye Yian Garuga&c37=Uragaan&c38=Crystalbeard Uragaan&c39=Seltas Queen&c40=Rathalos&c41=Silver Rathalos&c42=Dreadking Rathalos&c43=Lagiacrus&c44=Zinogre&c45=Thunderlord Zinogre&c46=Mizutsune&c47=Astalos&c48=Gammoth&c49=Glavenus&c50=Hellblade Glavenus&c51=Agnaktor&c52=Gore Magala&c53=Seregios&c54=Duramboros&c55=Tigrex&c56=Grimclaw Tigrex&c57=Kirin&c58=Brachydios&c59=Shagaru Magala&c60=Rajang&c61=Furious Rajang&c62=Deviljho&c63=Savage Deviljho&c64=Kushala Daora&c65=Chameleos&c66=Teostra&c67=Akantor&c68=Ukanlos&c69=Amatsu&c70=Nakarkos&c71=Alatreon&t=Monster&time=5

wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=No Skills&c2=No Armor&c3=Your Choice&c4=No Items&c5=Hyper&c6=Eat for Gamechanger&c7=Sub-Quest Only&c8=One Additional Monster&c9=More Than Two Monsters&c10=No Skills&c11=No Armor&c12=Your Choice&c13=No Items&c14=Hyper&c15=Eat for Gamechanger&c16=Sub-Quest Only&c17=One Additional Monster&c18=More Than Two Monsters&t=Quest Effects&time=5

sorry

No problem, we all get stomped on every now and then.

reminder to those who still want to talk and hunt with other anons, the discord still lives
discord.gg/VaVZW

Making a room to do some HR3 stuff.

64-0938-7503-5529
pass: 1488

Sounds like fun, maybe I ought to pick up 3G again

o-oh gosh

By the way Dual Blade Adept is my new main weapon, holy shit I'm dashing all over the place as long as I don't fuck up my dodges.

SHOW ME YOUR SCENTED OILS FACE

Calm yourself. "Hunter's Roulette" isn't an original concept. You just added arts. And I wouldn't say one person making some wheels is 'taking off'

"Taking off" would at least require someone to write a program to do it easily, instead of relying on some webshit. I'll write up a proprietary GUI in Visual Basic later.

So I'm going to make the HighRank R.Ludroth set as an early-HR gun set, but what would a decent early-HR Guild-style SnS set be? I'm kind of tired of GS now as my Blademaster weapon and am gonna make the switch, but I need a decent armor first.

Maybe something that complements blast/poison SnS?

I mostly just use the Rathalos set and gem in either AUL or one of the village skills for the resistance.

That's what I was trying to think along the lines of. That Floral Seif sword isn't too shabby. Are there any armor skills that actually boost Blast damage though?

say what now?
And yeah, those Village skills are pretty nice. I may just do that then

Au[Letter] is Attack Up [Size], so AuL is Attack Up Large.

HR room mhgen round robin
29-8887-5555-0918
Pass:1456

bomb boost and felyne pyro for food

fuck narjalalas too

I just managed to knock a Rathalos out of the air for the first time. And its such a good feeling.

uh my 3ds just crashed. brb

Best way of farming Monster Broth in early HighRank?

The desire to just down a bottle of Draino and call it a day is getting stronger.

A friend and I capture Seltas a bunch for that. So either do that or poison bomb bugs and pray.

RIP

is it hacked?

Yeah. It's also old and I've dropped it before so that might be my problem.

Hey guys, need to do a Garuga and any elder dragon that's not Shaggy Maggy, then we'll be moving on to HR4 stuff. We'll get the garugashit out of the way first though, since he's such a pain.

Room: 06-7088-1707-3874
Pass: 4555

Najarala is fun though

OK I gotta say, I hope style do come back just so I can play Adept Longsword. I can't go back any other way, the only hunter art that's worth a damn is Critical Juncture, dodging shit all over and doing a hardass counter makes my dick diamonds every time

50 Bnahabra quest. Sub is 20 hornetaurs. Bring a ranged weapon, poison bombs and poison bomb materals. There are some bowguns with built it in poison bomb ammo.

Whoever thought they were a good idea needs to get shot, this is pure suffering.

Make a prowlers only room; four cats gets the job done pretty nicely.

Just finished up a few minutes ago, arena included. Thank god you only need one A rank in each to get the reward.

So i just got to 5* village quests and i'm fighting Giggy Miggy and does he still inflict Frenzy?

I thought Frenzy virus was 4U exclusive?

Remove yourself from the gene pool.

gen lobby, helping someone get to HR
67-2163-1635-0842
pass is 8888

What new weapon types are you hoping that 5 includes?
I'm hoping for rapiers, with a small buckler that's able to parry(gives attack boost for short while if Successful, def down if not) but not guard.

I want soulsfags to leave.

Just rip off Monster Hunter stories, instead of raising a kinsect you raise a pygmy kut ku you ride!

I want no-fun-allowedfags to leave.
You can't even parry monsters on dork souls you retard

So Adept SnS with adept block instead of adept evade.

I want the big ass boomerang and maybe some kind of martial-arts-inspired alternative to DBs.

That's a shit idea. I hope they remove playable cats, remove the boomerang item, take the boomerang from cats and expand upon that. Have different boomerang types, like piercing, blunt or cutting.

Boomerangmind

You're a shit idea.

Are you saying you can't slash with a rapier?

I'm saying that you shouldn't.

If they're willing to balance the styles against each other, and then balance the rest of the game around those, then I wouldn't mind seeing styles incorporated into future games. They're mistake was giving us new advantages without giving monsters a way to counter them.

For goodness' sake, please give monsters a means of punishing me if I use the Aerial vault irresponsibly. Adept is frustrating because it gives you a huge advantage when dodging and counterattacking with virtually zero trade-off. Aerial at least forces you to have an awkwardly long dodge that requires greater commitment than the standard dodge.

Monster Hunter isn't realistic, but it does have a fairly consistent internal logic. Guarding a monster's attacks requires a substantial amount of surface area. Bigger weapons are heavy, so their swings take some time to wind up. Common sense stuff like that. The problem with parrying a bigass monster's attack with a buckler is not that it wouldn't make sense in reality, it's that it wouldn't make sense in Monster Hunter.

SnS can block lots of attacks with its small buckler.
GS can also blocks lots of shit, and it isn't even a proper shield.
I really don't see how it isn't internally consistent.

Pardon me. "Adept SnS with adept block instead of adept evade and a slightly different set of animations."

SnS and GS both have garbage guarding abilities and blocking even "light" attacks sends the hunter yards back in recoil. The idea that the hunter could somehow throw the MONSTER back with a parry is just straight silly.

Lose the entire concept of "parry" and just go with a counter like the Lance has if you're so adamant about it – still a shitty idea born in soulsfaggotry.

You're asking for bushido SnS. Also, parrying giant fucking monsters with a flimsy fucking rapier is retarded. There is a reason SnS blocking is shit.

funny how monhun devs have similar ideas to us

I'm not sure if that's terrible or great.

I am suprised they didn't make a hunting spear yet.

throwing it around and hooking onto monsters.

Sounds like what the Insect Glaive SHOULD have been.

I didn't come up with that shit. Just seen their first drafts and fell in love.

also, have some very early concept of the weapons

DOUJINS WHEN?
:^)

I. WANT. THAT. SHIT.

The one in the middle looks like Deviljho's penis.

jho has a john?

Tonfas already exist in frontier.

what do they gain from this?

As pointless as that sounds, why are you playing Low Rank online?

They probably think you're a shitter and they're trying to help carry you.

Frontier is a stale meme that needs to die.
I refuse to acknowledge it's existence.

Am i the only player who fucking hates playing as Prowlers?

I try it because the completionist in me must beat those quests but i hate how fucking short they are, how fucked their movement feels and their combos are so unsatisfying.

I see people like Gaijin "Kotaku is my wallstreet journal" Hunter who claim "i cant play anything but prowler, its just the best and i cannot believe people are that into those gameplay style.

Generations is really just a watered down Frontier when you think about it.

stop right there special snowflake,
chances are you aren't! isn't it amazing?!? theres like, actually people BESIDES you who share the EXACT. SAME. OPINION. I KNOW. INCREDIBLE.

I've been waiting for MOTHERFUCKING FIST WEAPONS to get in this fucking game for 12 years.

They don't think they're ruining the game for you, they think they're doing you a favor and carrying you.
(and when it comes to urgents, personally i don't think there's any shame in getting carried on those and getting them out of the way as soon as possible, nothing worse than having an urgent queueing up you don't manage to take on because you're busy clearinga ll the other players urgents and doing their various hunts)

Shouldn't you be busy getting triggerd by misuse of the word "literally"?

lol wtf

Looks like someone doesnt know how to play as prowler.
The first thing you do is
roll for the right set of skills and perks
then you
unlock piercing boomerang and last stand on one or two of you're palicoes, and any other suplemental skills that you want
and at last
you get the palico to lvl 50
and only then
wait, you've found a better one? Time to grind exp till lvl 50 again
you can play properly as prowler.

i got nyantalex and PoogieP. Now its all just boring.

while I'm glad we are never going to deal with that kind of shit, but there are some cool monsters from early versions of frontier and I was hoping they would bring some for gen but instead we got laviasoth again but then again at least it reminds me how buttmad frontier player were when MHFU got thier only 2 exclusive monster during that time

Fuck that, I got what I needed from them and I hope they never show up again.

Because most of the HR999 elite left for MHG/X and they can't find a quality player with both wystones for their shit tier 140GQ rooms that always fail.

Fuck your parts they are broke now.

Je Suis un Monte xD

fuck throwing spears, i wanna be ma chao

youtube.com/watch?v=KjGLqotupXs

You still playing? I need to grind rathalos.

I am, are you?

I can join in too. I can probably host a Monoblos custom quest to get nice HR armor

Fuck this shit

just finished killing advanced seltas queen and
The room is
62-5949-9588-9088
pass is 4222
if anyone else wants to play whatever you can come too

I'll be there soon, have to check to see if I got my CQ in.

Is the room still up? I put in the ID and it didn't show up for me.

I'm not opposed to having some "Acquire [number] of [thing]" quests to ease a player into the resource-gathering portion of a game, but having it be entirely dependent on RNG should not be allowed. You're liable to end up with a bullshit scenario where the player fails in spite of having done nothing incorrect.

gen high rank
55-9935-6683-7852
looking to make some good times and have friend

Yeah this ones called monster gatherer gatherations for a reason.

Nevermind got it

Its not called that at all you fucking idiot
the game is called Monster Hunter Generations
are you fucking dyslexic

Sorry about that, I was busy shitposting because I thought you left. I'll join in now.

Go to bed user you are drunk.

yeah

Get a palico with Goldenfish Catcher skill or bring Goldenfish bait/mats for it.

sheeeeyit.

Fishing quests are consistently the worst thing in any MH game.
And this is coming from someone that fully finished all the fishing stuff in Nier, even i don't have the patience for them.

I'll take "one more fish-oh look a tetsucabra burst up out the ground under me" than "3 wyvernn eggs and i forgot my dash juice"

Ehh i don't know.
I mean i hate both, but i hate fishing quests a bit more.
I feel like egg quests are time consuming but manageable if you're prepared especially once you're higher HR, where fishing quests are a pain in the ass no matter what HR you are.

I had the same thing happen to me to catch "3 silver fish quest" I actually failed it too. Then I found out fish reset upon re-entering the area. Just zoning in and out until I saw a silverfish in the hole I was done in 5 minutes.

Fuck everything.

its almost as if bringing the right fish bait helps you catch fish
fucking thanks kojima

Did you wear a gathering set for extra attempts at each point?

Always use a gathering set and go in with the HH, buff yourself for extra speed.

I fucking hate this cheap wombo combo bitch so much. I am sitting in a recliner of rage right now.

Just wait until you meet Rajang.

I'd rather fight Rajang than Blangonga.

Haven't paid any real attention to gathering sets or even sets in general since I just grind out a monster to get its complete set, currently rocking Deviljho armor with decorations to remove the hunger penalty. What're some good gathering sets for somebody who just got past repelling Kushala Daora in high-rank?

Rajang is fine because of the rank it is, this thing shows up at 2* and it gives me so much more shit then 5* shit like kirin, gore magala or brachydios.

Its the fact that it sticks to 3 rooms full of the little fuckers constantly trying to ice coat you or tackle you which as Bow is fucking insufferable. Its worse than those 4U quests in a room full of rheneplos and giant konchu.

I would rather fight a rajang than just 'now its two of them!' give me a fucking ketcha wacha or congalala again instead of repeating so many monsters already.

I swear they said Frenzy was gone, But i am sure my first giggy miggy MHG fight gave me the bar, so does HR contain frenzy monsters again?

2 spots currently open
come have some fun!

Anything with +gathering on it tbh

no and yes, only gore and shiggy can give you frenzy now
but now there are Hyper monsters that is similar to the frenzy minus the effects and only changing attack patterns highlighted by red smoke in thier parts, these hyper monsters give an alternate route for thier weapon like:

and also the R-type armors that is basiclly armor for mixed sets

So who would waste their talisman slot on frenzy resist ever?

People grinding Gores and Shiggies?

Smartass reply so sage

If we're talking about the Magala status, there's a Hunting Skill that inflicts it on yourself so you can give yourself the crit bonus, so it's theoretically useful in other fights as well, though if you have a hard enough time getting the crit bonus off it that you need the Armor Skill, I don't know why you'd use the Hunting Skill for it in the first place.

well there is things like said and now there's a hunter art that literally makes you give yourself cancer frenzy so maybe they use it to slowdown the process

Right, because that's just so perfectly intuitive.

It's right in the item description you fuck.

I can't wait for a MonHun that lets you pick BGMs, the worst part about fighting Incinerating Blade Dinovalde is getting the Two Name theme instead of his normal theme

Talking with friends i found the perfect analogy to my Blagonga hate

This goes even deeper if you consider that zinogre's lighting projectiles (in mhp3 at least) look extremely similiar to some spells in DeS, especially the mindflayer's paralysis projectile.

Except Rathalos is a shitty, outdated fight.

So's Dark Souls compared to Bloodborne but the grape contingent can't let it go :^)

Does anyone else miss the Everwood? I kind of enjoyed just going to farm rustshards and running to things like yian garuga and nerscylla without warning.

I also miss Nersculla ;_;7

Well yeah, hi there.

Whats the monhun bed of chaos though? in terms of disappointment maybe that giant red elder dragon who just walks through a bunch of empty channels cut in rock to a town like a dps check countdown.

But i'm sure theres some buggy PSP era monsters i'm forgetting.

Nakarkos was pretty lame

If you think Blagonga is bad, just look at Congala.

I would had miss it if it had more variety in areas besides forest and desert, if they bring the concept back and bring more area variety and bettter structure areas I'll like it more.

Congalala is so much better than Blagonga. No auto tracking "right turn in mid air" clothesline charges, no sticking to areas with its small variant that just exists to tackle you and debuff you and Congalala actually has interesting mechanics like the mushroom held in its tail effecting its abilitys if you dont destroy it.

Wait.

MONSTER HUNTER: ENDLESS DUNGEON.

FUND IT.

I'd miss it if it weren't for certain monsters being locked to it exclusively. Not to mention the retarded quest leveling.

where did you come from?
you dont seem to be from around here with your stale reddit tier memes and doubleposting

Where are YOU from?

alls im sayin is, you got some stale memes and weird posting habits
im concerned for you

people overly concerned about reddit or otherwise being outsiders are either new themselves, shitposters bringing the general quality of the place down by throwing thread-long tantrums over reddit because it amuses them, or Holla Forums having legitimate thread-long tantrums

I don't care about the wombo combo shit but reddit needs to leave.

You'd be hardpressed to find a legitimate Redditor in mindset, outsiders to Holla Forums adapt easily despite the pissing and moaning about muh seekrit club, muh Reddit ruining the board. I remember there being a couple weeks some months ago where Reddit had a provable migration to Holla Forums in general (I don't remember if it was at Firetires' encouragement or not) and the userbase shift was noticeable, but ironed itself out quickly and after those couple weeks things looked the same except more active.

The point being that worrying about Reddit is an incomprehensible fear with no grounding in reality and people who constantly bring up Reddit and other websites at the slightest provocation are baiting or shitflinging purely for the sake of it. For Reddit or any other site to assimilate the board they'd need to have a steady trickle in, say 50 users a month every month, and both not adapt to Holla Forums's customs and not be banned.

Why does it feel like the insect glaive is stupid overpowered?

Also, does anyone want to play some MHG? I can make a room

Oh just be thankful you didn't see it in MH4U. If you think it's OP now you'd be jizzing yourself from the sheer amount of havoc it caused back then. it might still be, but considering it lost a major niche in easy mounting I feel like it's fairly obsolete. I'm just a dopey DB user though, never learned the advanced techs with IG

Fuck off retard. No really you're kind of a retard for thinking ex-redditors.will do anything but post bait memes and "le ceased reading at this point face xXDD." You're not wrong, just doing it wrong, know what I mean? Good effort either way, I'm gonna use Wombo Combo as much as possible to trigger 0250f7

I played the with the glaive in MH4U aswell lol, the monsters just can't react to it. They're not programmed or some shit. The most pots i've ever used in one fight at the moment was 1 mega and 1 potion after my 3 field meds and i'm in rank 6 in the village. Waiting for it to get more challenging

Pretty much it's why aerial is stupid a lot of the time. Capcom in it's infinite wisdom decided "well lets just give every weapon tons of airtime and not give the monsters any way to counter it"

But user, I've seen with my own eyes Redditors adapt just fine to Holla Forums. I'm not one but I know a few.

Monster AI in general hasn't changed terrifically much since the PS2 days where there was little to no verticality to maps and certainly not any of the pole-vaulting shit present with the glaive and the new Aerial style.

I'm not disagreeing with your argument my man, I'm disagreeing with you trying to make people stop trying too hard to fit in.

Just finished the last village quest and killed the glavenous. Compared to MH4U i'll be honest, I'm a little disappointed. No storyline, and less 3 or 4 less stars compared to the last game…. i'm a little iffy on it to be honest. hmm.

Oh wait…. I thought the credits meant the end of village quests lul

Cross has a ton of quests for the village that don't open up until you work through the Gathering Place quests. Hell, some don't unlock until you break the HR limitation.

Because they're pressured to fit in. You're against pressuring them to fit in, because they can adapt; but the only reason they do is because of the pressure you're fighting against.

Holla Forums really has fallen to redditors holyshit.

There's pressure to fit in and then there's incessantly bitching about an imagined threat

I was about to go to sleep when i realized something about the second image in this post.
I'll talk about it in the next thread, as this thread is fucked and might as well be discarded, once all the spergs calm down.

We're only 15 away from autosage anyhow

You might as well say it now. Maybe it can help save it.

And then a few hours from page 13.

t-thanks Tigrex.

you know for times like those you should do the wave emote at the hot air balloon right?

You could also use psychoserums if you had them

I forgot to mention if you talk to the veggie elder he sometimes give you some

wait what does waving at the balloon do?

It'll signal back the monster's current location.

Sometimes there's no balloon to wave at, though.

More MH4U Rathalos plate farming:
10–8921-7960-4181

I'm going to take the hall down for now to do some sp shit. If/when you want to play together post ITT.

the underlying issues with active redditors is they come to imageboards thinking they're like 4chan and that they have this magical culture that is hyperbolic as fuck
they also have the inability to think for themselves and form opinions, and make threads with some of the most stereotypically cancerous openers or descriptors

you tell me, the reddit crowd from 2015 never left, and halfchan has been cancerously floating over. I had a real life acquaintance who browsed reddit, but he never really brought it up and i got past it. one day he comes to me to show me this reddit post on the front of /r/gaming linking directly to Holla Forums like it was commonplace
it was about osu or something too
this was back around may if i recall, and considering from what he showed me it looks like its commonplace
just take me back to 2014 so all this shit can go away ;^;

Best use for a gore magala plate in 4u? I got one from a carve on my first attempt at the caravan urgent. Would've captured it if my tranq bombs didn't self-destruct.

I want Boxing Gauntlets. I want to have Brachydios gauntlets to beat monsters to death with

This. I want to use giant gauntlets that I can punch monsters in the face with.

If they put in a gauntlets/fist weapon and don't have ones shaped like Brachydios arms, that'll be a huge missed opportunity.

So for a bit of a puff piece, what's your favorite Flagship Monster? As in the ones on the box. I really like Nargacuga, and as much as I like Lagiacrus I never played an iteration of 3 so I can't fight him in his proper environment. Gore Magala might be my favorite though just because how offense focus the fight is meant, shame we'll never fight C.Magala again which I think is the best version of the fight

Right now I wanna use said gauntlets to cave the fucking cunts face in, that thought Kirin was a good idea.
It's hemorrhoid-inducing anti-fun in crystaline form.

The one with the best fight is Zinogre.
The one with the best build up is Lagiacrus(good fight too, but the difficulty of it depends on how much time he spends underwater)

As a fan of cats, I want to see more cat stuff.

or as a gunner, I want to see something that lets me kill the monster from even farther away

How about felyne-operated artillery? Let's call it meowitzer

i hope nyanters become more of a thing in the next game
its an interesting idea as a support role, and could use their own weapons or classes

Yes

Heyo guys, wanna come do a few Kecha Wachas just need 7 pelts and an ear and then HR4 stuff?
Room: 07-1726-7370-5721
Pass: 4430

> tfw no more Purple Ludroth

Ditto. I really enjoy the Prowler mode, I just hate the fucking asinine quests they get for Village. A fully-fledged Nyanta mode in the next monhun game would be pretty sweet. Hell, maybe it could have it's own storyline even.

gen; HR grinding, dont mind doing round robin
63-2048-1705-2228
pass is 6666

i like nyanting, but right now i dont want to grind out everything to stay relevant. once i get a higher HR ill probably start again.

Anyone want to help me fight furious dong in MH4U?
Need ghoulish gold horns for a set.

Did they do something to mount? I can't seem to mount with the lance anymore and I loved that running charge into a jump.

nigga he has the easiest to read moves in the game.
The only annoying thing is his chained roars, which can be exploited with Adept dodge or earplugs.
He even has a move that is him just standing still doing nothing when he's close to dying / being cappable.

I was mildly agitated by khezus because of their rather large health pool and their annoying hitboxes. It's not really a problem now that I have SOME gear.

If anyone wants to farm rathalos or narjaralas in 4u I would appreciate it. I only need to do 1 to finish an armor set.

These fucking randos im playing with.
I keep telling them to try and break the horns on the rajang and they just attack his asshole.
I want to beat their fucking faces in.

Why would you do that to yourself?

Aerial doesn't let me counter.

BECAUSE YOU FAGGOTS REFUSE TO PLAY MONSTER HUNTER 4 ANYMORE

Go solo and sleepbomb the cunt. Do not suffer the normalfag shitters ineptitude.

Thanks for the hunts! It was a blast

Lavasioth is such a piece of shit. I can't believe I used to think Plessy was bad.

Was Rajang even in 4? I thought he got added for 4G

What's the best option for a thunder SnS? I'm thinking of going with the demonlord mace over the zinogre SnS, but I have no idea if the affinity+ is actually useful with elemental weapons. Ideally I'd get the thunderlord, but having to upgrade it ten times is way too fucking costly.

I was talking about 4U

Ah, fair enough. Judging by that sounds like you're playing the foreign version though, so good luck finding people to help you out!

How do you get the Hayabusa Feather helmet piece? I keep getting it as a result in Athene's ASS but kiranico is blank.

Nigger I live in Western Canada.

The affinity could be good with Elemental Crit to boost the thunder damage.

Right, that's what I mean, the JP versions can't connect to the foreign servers, so I can't help, sorry.

That fucking sucks.
Why do they always do that shit.

Probably because of licensing involving the DLC quests, like the JoJo themed one in 3G, or the Macross themed one in this game.

This please girls fighting with gauntlet's is my fetish it almost made me play Toukiden. However I had to quit when a monster lost a limb but he just retained a ghost limb and nothing changed.

Frontier has those, but… Frontier.

Hell yeah, I would definitely dig that. If we wanna get crazy we could go further and have smaller versions of current maps but scaled up by 1.5 to represent the size difference, with Great X's and YDromes and other garbage monsters being presented as a credible threat. I mean, you'd never take on EDs or Jho or shit, but I can imagine a capstone being a Seregios or Nargacuga. I just really love the little Felyne enclaves you find in maps and how Palico-Inspired equipment is almost like the Cardboard Gundams of the hunting world. I want to have fun with that setting.

Christ you really notice how shitty the reduced fov is while fighting in elevated areas like dunes.

You also really notice how shitty elevated areas are while fighting in elevated areas like dunes.

Didn't mean to post that embed, don't know why it did that.

Not just then I am constantly getting in to situations where a monster has me next to a wall and the camera just freaks the fuck out. I can't really recall this ever happening in Tri-4U.

JUST FRONTIER MY SHIT UP

Oh this fucking moron again did you really prefer levels that were just flat open spaces?

The only area in the dunes I hate is the one with the pillar that can be destroyed and turns to fucking quicksand. Ledges are easy enough to avoid most of the time, unless it's 4U's everwood and they're generated in the most obnoxious way.

You must be thinking of someone else.

The first dunes area is the worst to me, since the slopes are fairly steep. Ledges aren't too bad if you just don't climb up one at the wrong time and get fucked.

37-8816-8991-1736
Pass: 1488

HR3 doing 2 or so yian garugas and then working on HR or doing whatever, feel free to join and relaxhunt.

Well there was someone else who was saying any kind of slopes or edges on the map are terrible and the option of mounting monsters makes the game unplayable.

good Ive missed you
this is my favorite horn

How blasphemous is it that I play Hunting Horn but play with no sound while listening to podcasts.

Pretty blasphemous

As long as you never attack the head, it's fine.

hunti.ng horn is le.gs only

I gotta say the Deviljo/Tiger/Naga quest is kicking my ass because I keep timing out, I keep my buffs up as much as I can but not being able to hit the monsters and just leaving it to my cats really isnt working

I'm almost sure that you are actually supposed to hit monsters with the horn but that guy seemed so sure about it

New thread