Pat the NES Punk says NX is handheld hybrid?

If this is turns out to be true, Nintendo is fucked.

Other urls found in this thread:

e621.net/post/show/790015
archive.is/4MgrP
archive.is/Nbu3F
archive.is/mOHc7
greenbot.com/article/2879437/everything-you-need-to-know-about-nvidias-new-tegra-x1-chip.html
amd.com/Documents/merlin-falcon-product-brief.pdf
trustedreviews.com/news/nvidia-tegra-x1-what-you-need-to-know
international.download.nvidia.com/pdf/tegra/Tegra-X1-whitepaper-v1.0.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Active_Management_Technology
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dont know, I already have a nice pc, and having something that is not just an underpowered pc with neat NSA features sounds nice to me.

also this means that I could finally play monster hunter on my TV again

[/spoiler] Source? [spoiler]

I've done this a million fucking times and yet I still fucked it up

now I'm not giving it to you

e621.net/post/show/790015

Already sounds like an "it prints money" scenario

Cheaper to produce than a Blu-ray of equivalent storage and depending on the cartridge design could sell itself a bit on the nostalgia factor, people like cartridges

In this day and age where games run like fucking garbage regardless of platform that's not really as big a point as people try to make it out to be

that ain't half bad

well at least with my fucking-up i bumped a decent thread

better then 4am at least

Why fucked? Let's think about this.

Really the only thing they need to not fuck up is the battery. If the battery sucks, it'll hamstring the whole device. Otherwise, this thing seems like a winner. Especially if they have the balls to put it out for like, 200. If the go full crazy and make it backwards compatible with 3ds and DS games?

Shit. This thing is going to be a fucking monster seller.

that just made me realize, whatever pokemon game comes after moon & soon will be on that thing.

like how many pokefags will go crazy over having a mainline Pokemon game in HD on their tvs

Yay! No, they will not use big ass nostalgic ones, but probably vita-like ones that look like an sd card…

They will be literally SD cards with some propietary formatting and encryption.

Can't say if good taste, or they got that doll without knowing anything about it.

Nintendomination once again

So when will nintendo finally announce the thing?

I refuse to believe that Gamefreak will do anything with the new tech, and just release shit as always because Gamefreak hates money.

I heard somewhere that it was getting revealed sometime in September.

How could the battery not end up sucking?

Don't forget we live in an age where everyone around you playing pokemon go on mobile phones and acting like an autistic retard.

But i'l sure love to see some sequel to Pokemon XD

September I think, they have to show it soon or it will be another marketing disaster like the wiiu, I really fucking hope they dont call it someting retarded.

they don't even have to try

Invest in a big, beefy battery? Current silicon uses very little power, the tech in a PS4 is very dated as far as TDP goes. Tegra chips are down in the 10watt TDP range.

Invest in a low power screen and a beefy powerful battery, and you should do pretty well.

Isn't TGS soon or something? That'd seem like a good time and place to show it.

Except Gamefreak knows how to make the most money

I just want them to do something new. Hell give it to the guys who made Cyber sleuth. That game looked like the shit.

Are you fucking kidding me? If it's in the right price range, I'm all over that shit.

It would be liked if all of Sony focused excursively on the Vita.

Sounds pretty good.

Physicists theorize that the generally accepted notion that the universe is expanding in a constant rate is wrong. If the universe were to expand in a constant speed, gravity would eventually lead it to collapse. Thus physicists theorize that the universe is actually expanding in accelerated rate.

This is a setup for my analogy for the industry. Replace gravity with "natural inclination to shit taste". Replace "expanding in a constant rate" to "improvement hardware."

When standards don't go up, they go down and the industry is currently aiming for stagnation.

nigga what

He is crying that graphics won't be able to sell games anymore.

After how mediocre the 3DS and Wii U turned out to be, I'm not going to bother with the NX until they release something I can't refuse (which is a very small list of IPs at this point).

I would buy it day one if there was a Wonderful 101 sequel, or even an "Enhanced edition"

only buying one if it's backwards compatible with Wii U

lmao?

No. I'm saying that better hardware is unlikely to lead to better games because the current mindset.

I can already hear the MonHun devs sweating and REEEEEEing in fear at change.

They've rehashed and spit out the same textures, at the same low resolution, with minimal resources spent on them in the past several years.

Even jumping up to a 720p resolution would probably make them shit themselves in fear the same way amazonian tribes freak out when they see jets go overhead.

I wish 8ch supported Highlighting and Ctrl+S for spoilers. If cuckchan can do it, we can.

What happens when the NX gets dropped after a 5 year lifecycle?
Will cartridges be implemented in later hardware?
What will be the cartridge advantage over CDs or older cartridges?
What will make it different from a giant handheld when it is at home?
Will it still be region locked?
Where's the amiibo 2,0 implementation which they're going to avoid annoucing until after everyone has bought the NX

Is it just going to have Mario,Zelda, FE, Pokemon, Sonic, MH, CoD and whatever else is on the eshop for games?

It's been brand name appeal that's been selling games. Graphics haven't been great in a while.

Check em

Ftfy

I now realize the DS was the best console Nintendo ever made.

you broke it

So it will be throttled to shit whenever it's not plugged or it will have ridiculously shit battery life.

Or it's ARM which means it's shit period and they're pulling the slightly less powerful than the PS4 out of their ass

Ayy lmao

Cheaper to produce while holding an equivalent or even greater amount of data compared to Blu-ray disk, massively lower or even nonexistent load times

Battery technology needs a good innovation right now. Phone batteries are shit compared to their flip phone predecessors. If Nintendo can make their batteries last for as long as they did in the Gameboy era, I'm sold.

Wew

That's objectively false and you know it.

That will only be true if they actually use a decent standard for their cartridge, because if they go the glorified SD slot way then you just have to take a look at what the WiiU does when you try to load games from the SD slot SPOILER:It's shit.

Vita sold the same amount of games as 3ds with way lower console sales. the "extremely profitable" IPs are Monster Hunter and games Treehouse didn't completely butcher

I call bollocks on this

Smart TVs have all of that. Cellphones have all of that. NX will have all of that in expense of games which people buy the console for - literally Vita all over again

meant for

Its using the same stuff in the nvida shield. So it wont be shit.

Wew

Hopefully so since 3DS isn't a glorified SD card (as far as I'm aware), load times are pretty good on it even for bigger shit like the Snake Eater port or Smash

Actually, I don't know shit. I've only recently upgraded after having a flip phone for about a year, and it could easily last more than a few days on one charge. The smartphone I got barely lasts two days even when it's only idling. That's what I'm basing my thoughts on.

Eh, it's a start.

your flip phone did not run as intensive a hardware set up.

The battery tech in flip phones is terrible compared to what is in a smart phone.

You take the batter tech in a modern smart phone and put it in your flip phone it would last for like a month.

Unless Nintendo decides to drop normal Li-ion batteries, this is not going to work. You're going to need a 14000 mAh battery for this to have battery life on par with the 3DS XL, and this is ignoring everything else like the 8" screen that would follow from having such a large footprint.

Last flip phone I had still used NiCD batteries

Vs the modern Lith Ion

If Nintendo is smart they will make a hot swap battery set up. And internal battery for holding the charger while you swap. And a swappable for playing.

You're going to drive up manufacturing costs in order to satisfy 5% of your target audience at most, and that's being generous.

The end of September. That's when their large news usually are.

Why do I even see people using spoiler tags? Just surround whatever with double asterisks for fuck's sake.

The only thing that Sony did to support the PS Vita is marketing and astroturffing.

Recent converts or people who don't know about the double-asterisks, syntax guides aren't passed around regularly like they were around the first exodus from 4chan and grandfathered-in spoiler tags function identically

what does it have to do with actual games sales? people buy vita for games, not for memes

sony pretty much abandoned it and it still prints money software wise.

Even if they integrated the best possible set of hardware currently available it would barely come close to the PS4 while costing just as much, and that's forgetting about Nvidia being assholes about licensing costs in general and Nintendo's bad tendency towards gimping the shit out of their system when they're running on batteries.

Hopefully it doesn't include the Nvidia's exclusive exploding batteries technology™

LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG OTHER THAN BEING DIFFERENT INSTRUCTIONS

How about no.

Nothing really. I'm just remembering how the gaming media's reaction to the PS Vita resemble how they thought how the PSP was going to kill the NDS.

The Japanese market doesn't want to make HD games but they want a stronger handheld with two triggers to make MH clones and DQ MMO. This is why Nintendo made n3DS.

When your chipset has to run on 1/100th the power of your nearest competitor, something has to give.

It's processing power, and that's why ARM right now is so shit at matching even the XBone

provide that proof

That's why Nintendo needs to put out the NX, actually. They need to force Jap SW devs to pick between pandering to Western console audience or Jap handheld audience.
They also need to convince Level-5 and Square Enix to not drop handhelds completely and shift to mobile.

its good enaught for me, if they wont do any stupid gimick shit then im bought, just give me new monster hunter on ti

also webm

archive.is/4MgrP
archive.is/Nbu3F
As you can see depending on the task a TK1 devboard is on par with a willamette celeron/P4, sure it does it with several times the power efficiency but ARM is already at the same barrier as x86 when it comes to improving performance as more Ghz is not practical and more cores isn't useful in many cases so it's not gonna overtake x86 anytime soon.

Definitely good taste.

This is Nintendo we're talking about here. Of course it will be gimmicky.

If it does run on Tegra (and it probably does) it will be absolute shit. Just look how the K1 handled a 9yr old game

It can't even be on par with the shitbox360

To be fair android is shit, a clean port on a proper OS would likely run better (especially for portal), I doubt Nintendo is dumb enough to use android though.

Thing is, unless Nintendo themselves had some crazy RND breaktrough or bought a patent it's highly unlikely they will get a good battery.
Their entire handheld strategy has always been to use outdated hardware for a high manufacturing to sales profit margin and then use some insane techno wizardry to program games that have some of the best system performance around.

For example, I remember the entirety of A Link between worlds being at a skewed angle to make the game appear 3D without using too much resources.

Yeah seriously, the Vita wasn't very far behind the PS3 in terms of power to the point where most animu games on PS3 ended up going to the Vita. And the Vita was made 4 years ago(It'll be 5 when the NX launches in March). Imagine the horsepower you could cram into a $300-$400 handheld today.
If Nintendo packaged that with a docket that gave the handheld extra power for 1080p TV output it'd be almost the perfect console. At that point as long as it's launch lineup is good I'll gladly be there day one to trade-in my dust collecting WiiU for an NX.

Why the fuck are you linking retarded e-celeb cancer. SJW e-celeb cancer at that.

Hey now, only the hippie looking mother fucker is an SJW

This sounds like another Wii U tier flop in the making.
Too weak to be a decent home system, too big to be truly portable. Leave it to Holla Forums to hype up a Nintendo Ouia clone.

A handheld is the only way Nintendo can keep being relevant. A docking station with HDMI ports to play on your TV is a great idea. If the entirety of the Wii U was contained in the tablet, you better believe I'd take that fucker everywhere with me. I'd be playing splatoon on lunch break at work. The only concern is how they handle the controllers. With everything being wireless now, connecting multiple controllers to one device doesn't require ports that add size and weight. You could just leave the controllers at home for multiplayer and take the whole console with you to play on the go. But it sounds like they're gonna do their typical gimmicky bullshit and ruin a good idea with the "detachable controller" thing which isn't fucking necessary at all. It'll increase cost, decrease reliability, and just like the Wii U you'll have one player with the "special" controller and everyone else using more traditional ones.

But back to the point of a handheld being the only way forward- consoles are dying. The Xbone and PS4 are just sad computers, locked down with shitloads of DRM, highly-controlled official game stores, and shitty confusing interfaces. Because of the lack of worthwhile exclusives, normalfags are (slowly) waking up and realizing they can have the exact same thing but better in the form of a PC. The only reason anyone bought the Wii U is the exclusive nintendo games you can't get anywhere else, and many simply didn't bother because they considered the console too much of an investment for a smattering of quality games. But the 3DS still sells like hotcakes. And people who own a Wii U love the tablet and playing games away from their TV, even if they are on a leash of effective wireless range.
If nintendo made another household console, they'd have to have the best exclusive lineup since the Super Nintendo in order to attract customers. But if they make a handheld that can pump out HD graphics, people will buy it just for the POSSIBILITY of taking console-quality nintendo games outside of the house with them. Zelda alone would guarantee a profitable launch. The NX could release two weeks before Breath of the Wild and people would buy the NX with no fucking games just so they'd have it when BOTW released.

Nintendo's been stretching itself thin for years supporting two different platforms and architectures. The only way it can go forward, realistically, is to combine the two, and a handheld that docks in to a TV for some extra juice (and as extra storage) to run home console games just makes the most sense. And Nintendo has always dominated the handheld gaming scene, and manages to hold out against Apple, Sony and Android simultaneously. That's not a feat to be scoffed at.

I'm OK with all these things. What will actually decide whether I'll buy one or not will be based on less concrete factors.
1. No more censorship and shit localizations.
2. No region lock.
3. Ideally both these things.
4. The Nintendo home office finally pulling a Pearl Harbor on NoA.

sage

Make sense. The Japanese market is in a weird spot right now.

I heard something about a unified OS.

capcom is too dumb to make a monster hunter game for a console that can actually handle it, both hardware and control wise

Fucking underaged faggots or you all have ADHD.

Sounds hyped enough the devs are uncertain it will sell well with the hardware alone.
It sounds like a marketing plot.
I have very low hopes just in case.

Devs are always testing the waters on the new hardware, and are quick to abandon if the returns are too low. Nintendo needs to take a lesson from WiiU or it's doomed to repeat the same mistake.

First of all, they need to stop releasing games that directly compete with third party games. But that would mean none of muh marios, zeldas, pookiemans, not paying off hacks like Platinum Games.

Nintendo did that with the Wii U and got screwed over by EA and Ubisoft.

That's because EA and Ubisoft are faggots

Unfortunately all the shovelware producers that would pad out WiiU and 3DS library nicely already jumped shit to mobile or are long gone and others will think twice before releasing games that will be outsold by zelda or monhun anyway save for faggotry like skyrim nx edition or something

No denying that but third party titles selling bad on Nintendo consoles is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Third parties work on this assumption, half-ass their products, abandon the console. Honestly, I think Nintendo trying to court Western third parties is a waste of time for them.

They left Sony because the MonHun devs don't like trophies. That's nothing like amiibos and even then they could just reject them since they're optional, unlike Sony's trophies.

That picture makes me wanna smack peach in the mouth…

Oh well. At least I haven't played a fair chunk f the games I own for it.

So i shouldn't expect multiplatforms on this one either.

That's a funny one.

Destiny was the last non-pc multiplat that looked somewhat interesting and that was shit.

Fuck off.

Exactly. A device like this will be the first really innovative (console) system since the Dreamcast.
Mobile is the future, individual feelings on this matter are of no concern.
Now, if Nintendo actually makes the step and decouples the software from the hardware product, they'll be the seer in a sea of pantsu-on-head retarded blind men.

The only thing that bugs me is "less powerful than ps4"
How, less powerful?
Will it be able to run current gen ps4 games or not?

For future reference.

Wait, Holla Forums supports plain TeX now?

Use the fucking option bar you stupid retard newfags

it supported it in 2014, but no longer since HW was having issues

I miss the gamecube days.

You're right, it isn't an underpowered PC – it's an underpowered tablet using a Tegra X1 chip.

Why are Nintendrones so delusional?

"XD" is my face after reading your awful post, friend.

I can only take solace in the fact that because there's so many dipshits reporting it as fact it's probably incorrect. They would never fuck up third-party this hard again. Right?

There's no chance in hell of Nintendo using Android even as a base for their OS.

Whats gonna happen with it is the exact same thing that happened with the Wii. People are gonna go "huh, that looks fucking retarded" and then people who don't even play videogames are gonna buy it thinking it'll be the thing that finally helps them play.

Then in a year, Sony will release a console that is the exact same thing but with lights on it, and Microsoft will release a smartphone that can play XBone quality games. Mark my words, this is going to be absolutely true and you all know it.

So another people spreading this rumor without any credible source means it's confirmed right?

The fucker with the long hair is fapping throughout the video.

ROLF XD

Seems like Nintendo is doing something very right

Are you new or just a fag that likes to complain?

Great so we're getting 3DS 2.0? Hopefully there will be more then 3 good games on the fucking thing.

If it's as strong as the PS4 then it would still cost much more to develop a game on it than the Vita, you fucking moron. Especially since it's such a powerful handheld.

They don't have to use the extra power.

so where's the confirmation?

There is nothing tangible, of course.
Though it's about time they come out with some information, wasn't Spring 2017 touted as release window?

Wii U GPU is around 350 gflops
PS3 is ~400gflops
Tegra X1 is around 512 gflops
Xbone is ~1350 gflops

If NX is only a Tegra X1, it does fit between PS3 and PS4. Anything Nvidia has for a handheld has a very, very long way to go to get close to PS4 or Xbone. Tegra X1 devices are expensive, there's a shield tablet for over $500. I think a console as strong as PS4 with a handheld with a Tegra X1 would be too expensive. I don't think there will be a super powered dock. I think it's going to be a generic dongle for video to stream to TV. People expecting a dock that boosts performance are in denial that NX will be barely faster than a PS3. I'm calling it now, no dock, NX handheld with Tegra X1 for $299. Plays on the TV with a dongle.

>>>/cuckchan/

archive.is/mOHc7
March 2017, specifically. It's kind of weird that we're barely more than 6 months out from its worldwide launch and Nintendo hasn't confirmed any information about it whatsoever. Their marketing really is garbage.

Don't forget that Nvidia walked away from console negotiations saying the margins were too low for them to bother. I don't see handhelds, which are generally priced lower, being more favorable in that regard.

Nvidia has never had a single design win for a Tegra. It's never been in a product that sold well. The idea from what I heard is that Nintendo basically bullied Nvidia into giving them their chips for cheap and on terms that favor Nintendo heavily. And Nvidia went with it because they've never been able to sell Tegra in any sort of meaningful quantities, and NX is a chance for Nvidia to actually sell Tegras.

It's just funny because when AMD got the wins for PS4 and Xbone, Nvidia was super salty over it and said consoles weren't worth it. And now they were begging for Nintendo to use Tegra.

Jesus.

Forgot link for those claims.
greenbot.com/article/2879437/everything-you-need-to-know-about-nvidias-new-tegra-x1-chip.html

Keep dreaming faggot.

that's a weird way to say "sorry sony we're making a new monhun for a console that actually sold millions even though it just barely runs monster hunter enjoy your loli dungeon crawlers"

Tegra looks powerful compared to the other mobile chips, but it's because it always uses more power than everything else. Typical mobile chip like Tegra is around 5w. Tegra is around 10w, which is why shield needs active cooling. Sad thing is Snapdragon 820 is just as fast and has less power consumption. I think NX is going to have shit battery life if it has a Tegra X1.

When it comes to hardware, localization, and handling third-parties Nintendo does everything wrong always. It's like an extremely localized case of Murphy's Law.

kek, 4g runs perfectly. Cross a shit because Capcom decided adding a fuckton of particle effects to everything was more important than frame rate.
More like

Can back that up, 4U runs nicely even on O3DS. Fortunately Generations is a side-project as far as I'm aware so what it's in it isn't representative of what the main MH team is doing.

Question!

How do we know it's the X1 and not Parker~?

We could always go back to using this thing for portable power on the go (tm).

How is he SJW?

We don't. We're just guessing. But the rumor is handheld fits between PS3 and PS4 and X1 fits exactly there. But even if Nvidia doubled Parker's FP32 performance, it'd still be only a little bit faster than half of a PS4's GPU.

The jump from K1 to X1 increased FP32 gflops by 40.3%, and it was a shrink from 28nm to 20nm. If we assume another 40% increase in raw flops from Parker, and Parker is going into NX, that means 1434 FP16 gflops and 716 FP32 gflops.

Problem is FP16 is pretty useless, but it might have potential if Nintendo and Nvidia can get games to start using it. But we're mostly assuming it's X1 because Nintendo barely ever uses new technology (and Parker is pretty new). Not to mention Nvidia's Tegra releases are usually staggered between the competition, and Snapdragon 820 came out not too long ago. But Parker wouldn't make this some sort of revolutionary thing where it blows X1 away. It'd be a nice jump, but it'll still be well behind PS4. PS4's FP32 theoretical performance is much, much higher than where Tegra's FP32 performance is. Not to mention Parker is 16nm made at TSMC and there's a lot of competition for those wafers (it's why it's difficult to find GTX 1000 series GPUs and they're usually marked up. Though the delay with the NX's release could mean they were waiting for 16nm TSMC production to free up since Apple is hogging most of it for their new iPhones coming out this fall.

There are still people like supermetaldave64 who think we're still going to get an AMD APU dock to go with the NX controller with Tegra. But their arguments don't make sense. They say it'd happen because developer want AMD APUs because they are easy to port. But if the NX handheld is an X1, it'll still need an ARM port as well.

And if you don't like handheld you can still play on TV. Japan and the West wins, and it's totally confirmed to have games. Might actually buy it.

The handheld and cartridge parts are practically gimmicks.

lel

==Redtext== Nintendo is literally the greatest of all time. OF ALL TIME.

It's not a case of Android, both those games (and all the rest for that matter) use NDK compiled binaries, compiled directly for the hardware. You can complain about Linux or the OpenGL drivers, btu they don't amount to that much in the big picture.

Why is this a bad thing? Power doesn't really matter as long as the games on the system are good.

Assuming this is true, how are they gonna handle the battery life that can last at least as long as a 3DS?

Disgaea 5 flopped horribly because it was PS4-only and it actually needed the power. The audience, however, simply wasn't there.
Within half a year, NIS announced that they'd start making mobile games.

That also doesn't change the fact that Vita devs nowadays take more advantage of the touch screen than its power. If they could use sprites anyway, what's the point of busting your ass off on the 3D models?

The main series Monster Hunter games are taking a hiatus for at least two years. One of the games slated to take their place, in particular, is going to bomb horribly thanks to being put up against Pokémon and Yokai Watch.
I doubt that Capcom isn't preparing for finally bringing the series to HD standards.

Source?

Thumbnail power?

After 4G, you get X (4G handled by Frontier devs) and Stories (Pokémon knock-off that will bomb on sight).
That leaves at least three years for the main series devs to get their act together and rush a proper HD Monster Hunter for Holiday 2017.

So you're just pulling it straight out of your ass, got it.

nice tumblr picture you FUCKING stupid bitch

god i am just so angry i could…
post a copypasta

but i dont have any

It's because they post on fucking 4chan and they are spineless cuckolds with no legitimate concern for privacy or integrity of site admins or their policies.

i.e. They want this site to be reddit 3.0, because they wouldn't give enough of a shit to prevent it from becoming that.

Good pointsu.

People have their opinions but I'm going to go out and say you're grade A retarded.
There's no fucking point for home consoles as they are, and powerful handhelds are exactly what they should be transitioning to.
I still have little hope for Nintendo in general and I'm sure they'll fuck up a lot of things regarding the NX, but if this is true and the hardware is at least half decent it'll be wonderful to hack.

I'll still probably just put my own handheld console/PC together when I have the money

What, a fucking OCed netbook with watercooling or something?

I really couldn't have said it any better than you did.

More like 3d printing a case, getting a SBC like a ODROID-XU4 or something, and hacking it together with other pieces and stuff.

Do people seriously want to have Nintendo enter the current console power dick-waving contest that is the Xbox One and PS4?

At this point it seems like any console that Nintendo puts out is going to catch massive flack since home consoles as a whole are a slowly dying breed.

nice meme

The console market seems healthier than the dedicated portable gaming device market.

The guy is the DSP of clickbait videos. He regurgitates news and has very little interesting things to say about it. Also the poor quality of the videos that he cuts from a live or podcast recording is so poor given how long he's been on youtube. Are you doubting that he doesn't monetize anything he puts out given that he puts out maybe 50-100 videos a month. His VR conker video just gives you a sense of the quality of discussion he usually has between the ones where he actually has lengthy discussions about things that interest him which is few and far between.

I don't know why people think this will be a problem.

Modern Intel Atom processors are pretty fucking powerful and don't even need fan cooling, hell, my tablet uses an Atom and it sports an Intel HD series GPU capable of playing at the very least Source Engine games at 60+ at acceptable settings. I recall Valve is releasing a portable Steam console soon that will sport an AMD Jaguar based APU.

I can easily see Nintendo pulling this off if they know how to market shit

bbcode is more pure.

Look at

I see this more or less as Nintendo dropping out of the console race, and moving exclusively to handhelds. Probably not a bad move. At least the thing is almost guaranteed to have a decent sized library.

you could say it didnt have legs

Not really, it's called the Smach Z, it's basically vaporware at this point and the project is dead.
It's also not officially by Valve.

Are you saying there is no market for a powerful and expensive handheld?!

haha

Disregard what I just said, it seems active from the twitter of it.

Older version of the Tegra chip though, and most definitely not running on full power.

Not sure why everyone is so autistic about specs, unless you care that much about multi platforms games getting shoddy ports.

So Nintendo is going to release a 300 dollar handheld with TV out and hope it can compete with smartphones and cheap Android tablets?

Well good luck with that.

(I actually am intrigued in this device since I hate gaming on a small screen. I have a brand new 4k HDR television)

literally a meme resolution
try buying one when we'll have strong enough hardware to render that in better than ps3 graphics

You dumb fucking britcuck. The X1 chip is almost as strong as a PS4, FACT.

The X1 is also a tablet chip, an evolution of what was used in the Nvidia Shield Tablet, IIRC. I think we're looking at the Nintablet, AKA a Wii U done right. The only thing a 3DS has on it is better portability. The Nintablet will mainly stay at home, with kids/teens bringing it on car trips or to their friend's house. It will be fully playable on it's own, when others want the TV, and with headphone jack for listening at night. It will seamlessly connect to TV, with extra controllers supported of course, for full console experience. It will function as a media center with netflix and hulu and spotify and all that shit, for the TV or just for the people/kids using it while the adults get the TV.

It could legitimately be the greatest thing Nintendo's done in years, the Nintablet.

Are you actually retarded?
The main issue with nintendo since the fucking N64 which was like 18 years ago, is that they have always been technologically behind and offered bad developer support.
They lost with the N64 because they still used cartridges. They lost with the GC because they used retarded mini-cds instead of DVDs like the PS2. They won in sales with the Wii because they had a nice marketing campaign and sold a gimmick that was awful in software sales. They lost with the Wii U which was a enormous flop because they had shitty internet support with their horrible Eshop, bad internet program, bad support for multimedia (even though it had a fucking bluray reader, it couldn't play them, and you could not play music in the background of a game.) shit marketing, no 3rd party software, shit developer support (especially indie) and horrible hardware.

You're fucking retarded.
You're comparing a shitty ARM processor with a fucking X86 APU. It may be as powerful as a PS4 if you ran it at full power, but running at full power causes it to get really fucking hot and eat up battery.
Doing some retarded shit like making it cut and less powerful when on the go would make insane fucking headaches for developers and they would have to optimize their game all over again to compliment it when portable.

To be honest, 4 gigs isn't too hard to fit in a 300 dollar product, neither is 2 gigabytes of vRAM since in modern GPUs semi-fast gddr5 is cheap.

lol ok, uninformed faggot. The X1 is, without even the slightest hint of subjectivity, IS, almost to par with PS4, ARM architecture and all. No amount of you plugging your ears and calling me retarded changes this objective FACT.

I'd like to see some sources, because that's bullshit.
Did you even read the rest? Running a ARM chip on a portable device would make it really fucking hot and eat up power like no tomorrow. They would have to split games between a portable version and a docked version or otherwise they will just kill their battery in an hour. And, as I said, that would cause headaches for developers as they need to just optimize their games all over again.

Sure, I know they do questionable shit. I more meant about stuff like CPU and GPU. I posted that image because it's a fairly bullshit claim at this point unless you're playing largely older stuff instead of modern unoptimized multi plat messes.

They'll be using an AMD Falcon SOC.

Whoops, forgot link, here.
amd.com/Documents/merlin-falcon-product-brief.pdf
Read up, it's real powerful.

How is Nintendo fucked if this is true?

If this is true then Nintendo is fucking saved. They've abandoned their failing home consoles in favor of pure handhelds, with the option to play it on the big screen.

That's really fucking nice for a handheld, m8.

trustedreviews.com/news/nvidia-tegra-x1-what-you-need-to-know
archive.is not working for me.
Takeaways: Over 1 teraflop. Extremely low power usage (10 watts in a demo in Unreal Engine 4, compared to XBone using 100 watts for same task). Oh and yeah, UE4 works on it. And Nvidia's stated mission is achieving console graphics; the K1 hit just below 360 performance, and the X1 hits just below PS4 performance. The X1 chip, essentially is perfect for Ninty, hitting that level of power you'd expect (a step up from Wii U but not trying to beat PS4 and XB1 per se), and fitting the tablet architecture that seems a natural correction of the failure of the Wii U.

And also, the name "NX"… Nintendo X1. N also stands for Nvidia. And the NX is a working title, so it makes sense that the development name would be such a simple acronym like that.

Oh and user, I'd love to see your dumbshit brain try and argue this. I mean, I'm completely 100% right, so I just want to see you struggle. It would be funny.

Just go back to GAMEFAQ.com you autistic idiot.

There are much more important questions than "it's faster than PS4/It's slower than PS4" here.
1) can PS4/Xbone games get ported easily to it?
2) do it have a good online infrastructure?
3) do nintendo actually offers a decent contract to the third parties?
4) do nintendo themselfes will make good games for the system?
5) will nintendo market the fucking thing right? (as in, decent ads, not calling it Wiisomething, giving the games people wanna see enough airtime)

First one is actually quite easy to predict.
In this one, the system MUST be able to handle Xbone levels of geometry, shader version, CPU jobs, and have at least 4GB of memory available for the developers.
With those in place, even if the system is slower everywhere else, you can just set down the resolution and bob's your uncle.

If they fail with the geometry speed or memory size, this means redoing the models which is expensive as shit.
If they fail on the shader version, this means rewriting the shaders, that is expensive but not as nearly as much as the first one.
And finally, if they fail with the CPU, need to cut down things that use too much CPU like enemies, but its not as drastic as the first or second ones in most cases.

Now the rest of the questions are well.. hard for nintendo, nintendo hard.

"You're retarded because you understand consoles essentially became multimedia devices in 2006 with the PS3 releasing" I didn't even say that I use or like these features, I just pointed out that this is major for a console.

Literally nothing, getting it to run on some hardware says nothing, letting me see how good it will look in real time performance is another thing. (another point, we have no real time performance of how good it will actually be) If I get unreal 4 to run on a raspberry pi it doesn't mean that it's more powerful then a PS4.
PS4 has 1.84 teraflops. Literally nothing, once more. It also has 8 cores, it'll be very underpowered on the CPU side of things and couldn't handle games as good as consoles. Neo is also coming out soon.
LITERALLY
NOTHING
This is just rumors and you are using Nvidia investor marketing material as facts.

I suggest you read the thread and realize that the Tegra X1 handles games worse than a fucking x360 and it doesn't even have the portable excuse since the shield android TV isn't on batteries.
You should also learn that theoretical performance, raw numbers and synthetic benchmarks don't mean much especially when you're comparing two different architecture just look at to give you an idea what kind of bullshit you're getting into comparing x86 with ARM where the same ARM SoC can get BTFO by a 2003 P4 or handle things as well or better than recent low power x86 CPU.

The N64 was among the most advanced 3D hardware of it's time despite it's immense drawbacks.
The NGC was also pretty fucking impressive at the time

But I understand that your main point was with the media used to handle the games and yeah that held back both consoles (although the N64 would have had to face a whole lot of new problem without having the fast access time of a cartridge based game)

They could just make game scalable like most good PC games, it's really not that hard and you could totally get away with it simply because the screen is so small

No one here is saying that the NX is more powerful than the PS4.
That would be ludicrous for a portable gaming system.

And…? You're clueless.

You're thinking of the K1. X1 is somewhat less powerful than PS4.

Exactly. Ninty isn't trying to beat PS4, just provide a step up from Wii U. The X1 is close to PS4 performance. The X1, impressively, is almost on par with PS4 performance. Impressively close.

Actually, there are several cases where the Tegra X1 defeats the 360/PS3/WiiU by quite a margin, like for example running Doom III BFG at 1080p/60fps while 360/PS3 are limited to 720p/60ish, and trine 2 running at 1080p/30 while PS3/360/WiiU can't go over 720p.

Add the boost the system would get due NOT running on the android shitshow and using some bare metal API like vulkan (that does help a LOT in this case due how anemic the ARM CPUs are) and well, you can see it landing between the PS3 and PS4, but of course never, ever, EVER running a PS4 game at 1080p in any circumstance.

X1 is not even close to the PS4, but with the stuff above i mentioned it PROBABLY can run PS4 stuff at 720p.

FLOPS don't really indicate anything substantial about real-world performance anymore, much like Mhz/Ghz. It's barely even useful as an approximation.

Come on, its not like the GPUs do anything else other than endlessly performing a fixed matrix multiplication math that don't actually touch the memory in a closed loop!

I suppose.
I guess they can be scalable but I think it wouldn't be all that great for a for a console developer. Not all devs are skilled with PC development and not all devs are skilled with console development.

N64 and GC had good plain hardware but developer's main issue with both of those systems was that the discs and cartridges didn't hold enough space.
N64's main issue was that the hardware was so weirdly designed. I remember something about it not having a real sound card and having to basically emulate one.
GC was plagued with issues, the design was weird and not marketable at all.

My point with that comment was that the thing isn't that close to PS4 performance and his point about UE4 running on the chip is just stupid, because any android device can run it.

You absolute fucking cock mongling autistic son of a retard.
1.84 rounds out to 2 teraflops, in just teraflops, that is twice the GPU power of the X1 you shill so much. And as pointed out while I was writing this, teraflops is a horrible way to compare GPUs.

Looking at the actual white paper of the GPU, the plot thickens a LOT:
international.download.nvidia.com/pdf/tegra/Tegra-X1-whitepaper-v1.0.pdf

For example, memory speed and size comparison is now threw out of the water, because the tegra X1 support compressing ALL the data in realtime like if it had a hardware pkzip engine to increase bandwith and memory usage.
Which means that in cases where the data is actually compressible, like geometry it will do very well for its bandwith, but in cases like textures, no so much.

Uh… that's what I've been saying. X1 beats 360/etc by a big, huge margin (like you said) and is near the PS4 in performance. So yes, it would definitely run PS4 stuff at 720p.

You sound extremely butthurt. And 1.84 teraflops… doesn't fucking matter, and you even point that out, which is hilarious. Again, please try to not be so butthurt.

You are saying absolutely nothing, just calling me this or that and then not bringing any sort of counter-argument.

Running PS4 stuff in 720p is not "near the PS4 in performance", but roughly half of it.

They've stated they aren't doing any kind of backwards compatibility except for eShop shit.

You've yet to refute , but I'd love to see you make an attempt.

Yes, there isn't much difference between a little over 1.0 teraflops and 1.8 teraflops. You seem really hung up on this teraflop thing, which is really funny since you even stated that it DOESN'T MATTER. Again, would love to see an actual attempt at refuting .

In that very reply to your 1 teraflop post, I said why it doesn't matter and that you are using Nvidia investor marketing material as facts.

Again, the teraflops thing DOESN'T MATTER. You're still hung up on it.
This time when you reply, try refuting . You can't, but I still want to see you try.

You're the first one that brought up teraflops dipshit.
I wrote this before which explained why your points about teraflops and unreal 4 were worthless.

Once again, YOU ARE USING NVIDIA INVESTOR MARKETING AND RUMORS AS FACTS.

Well, i think the biggest issue Tegra X1 have in a direct comparison against the PS4 is the memory speed.
PS4 deliver like 200GB/s+ of bandwith with it's GDDR5, while Tegra X1 only can access it's memory at 25 GB/s.
Supposing the compression at literally double the speed of the chip, you're still flying at "50GB/s" that is a quarter of the PS4 memory speed.

The Tegra X1 also counts with a shared L2 cache of 256KB with the CPUs of unspecified speed that might help, but not sure if combined with the memory speed gets the tegra X1 to the 100GB/s to get to the target "Half PS4" performance.

If i was nintendo, i probably would consider having an EDRAM (not ES, ED) cache with 100GB/s of access with at least 8MB in size.

Where are you getting this Nvidia investor shit from? I clearly linked to hard facts and data. All you've done is get hung up on teraflops and claim that UE4 can run on Raspberry Pi (kek). You're not very good at this. Why don't you reread
and FINALLY attempt to actually argue against the hard facts and data in your next reply.

see
The GPU is way better than the PS3/x360 but that doesn't mean shit when the CPU can't follow just like the WiiU (which is the reason some multiplat run worse on WiiU despite it having a better GPU)

True, but that's the main problem with ARM hardware you get wildly different results based on what workloads you give it, and as you said the CPU is really really underpowered and while you can work with it (the PS4 still rocks a crappy 1.6Ghz CMT based SoC and that doesn't stop it from handling games that are somewhat demanding) there are limits to how much you can do.

Well, in this case the question is just if it can match the jaguar cores, rather than fighting the intel beefcakes, as we're talking about port viability.

You say this name like people are expected to know who the fuck you're talking about.

Yes, the GPU is fantastic and almost as good as the PS4 in terms of performance. The CPU Ninty uses will follow suit with good performance, being a much needed step up from the Wii U CPU. But the X1 GPU is the star of the show for reasons we've already stated, and will make the NX a contender against the other consoles.

You are actually fucking retarded.
IF
GET
THOSE WORDS MEAN "IF I WERE TO GET"

Synthetic benchmarks mean nothing
UE4 works on almost every single android device. Almost every single SOC is compatible with it.
Rumors, nothing confirmed.
All of the info Trustedreviews.com got was from a nvidia press confrence.

No its not.
1/2-1/3 of a PS4 GPU.
Probably enough for what nintendo needs IF the memory don't bottleneck it the hell and back, but "almost as good as the PS4" is a very stretchy stretch.

Still butthurt.

You could not do this, and this "comparison" means nothing. And who is claiming X1 beats PS4? X1 gets CLOSE to PS4 performance.

You really don't know what you're talking about! Both the X1 and XBone go through same test, and results are compared. X1 uses a tenth of the power XBone uses for same task. It's as simple as that, the X1 has phenomenal low power usage.

There's a difference between running it, and running it well. X1 does the latter, which is why it's very worth noting.

Those aren't even rumors, it's just my own speculation. It makes perfect sense though.

See, I wanted to see you try to argue my points, because I knew you couldn't and it'd be funny to see you try. Respect for the attempt made, but you still refuted nothing.

It does more than that! When you lowball with these "estimates" that seem to be pulled from your ass, it's obnoxious. 1/3? Give me a break user. Again, X1 does 720p PS4. 1/3, my ass!

Being a quarter of PS4 performance isn't being close to PS4 performance. In game real time performance if the NX was like what you think it will be would be much, much worse then a PS4.

Count the pixel difference between 1080p and 720p.

720p is shit. You aren't impressing me at all with 720p in current year.

Those comparisons compare completely different architectures and designs, and that "1/4" estimate is shit. Now that you've given up arguing my initial points and are now pulling nonsense out of your ass, I will accept victory! It was fun watching you struggle.

720p is a notch down from 1080p. Quit exaggerating.

Am I the only one who finds Ian to be an insufferable cunt? He just makes it unlistenable. That one time he was gone I listened to CU Podcast and it made me so mad because its the one gaming podcast I would listen to, but that piece of shit has to ruin it.

It's half of the pixels, which means half of the fragment shader workload.

Well, its a portable device with a smallass screen, and does look good and sharp in it.
Of course, when you plug the device to the tv, better that base station thing have more GPU processing power there or well..

It can surpass it in some case and get horribly murdered in others that's the thing, so it comes down to "does the game require that thing that runs like shit on ARM hardware".
and if it uses ARM it's gonna be the only main system to not use x86 so devs are likely to not bother all that much with the porting so you're gonna get situations where it runs fine and situations where it runs way worse.

Tegra X1 is a SoC you don't get to choose what CPU goes with it (currently a 2Ghz quadcore A57 iirc), and even the biggest meanest ARM CPU isn't all that great, and you can't cheat and use the Apple ones,.

Yeah let's not get into comparing the old PPC architecture and ARM, for one benchmark for that are impossible to find and second it's not even accounting for architecture specific optimization (or lack of it)

You're the most retarded fucking redditor on planet earth, holy shit.
You constantly disregard facts and things like memory bandwidth.
You bring up teraflops as your main point which I refute and then afterwards say teraflops don't matter.
Besides that, I didn't even write and or .

You are literally an nvidia shill if I ever saw one. You keep spouting retarded shit like an fucking ARM 10 watt SOC being as powerful as a full sized x86 APU.

hows ZEN coming along bub

FP operations?

Butthurt! Yep, you've really given up, calling me a redditor/shill, and then just completely making shit up, and finally ending by still claiming the X1 isn't as powerful as I just proved it was, even though you continually failed to refute my claims as such. I already knew I'd win this argument, but it was still fun watching you fail to prove me wrong.

Dudes hes an AMDfag, youre basically bullying a mentally handicapped person, you shouldn't feel good for that.

Well. It's launching next year and had one of the best CPU architects of all time with it, Jim Keller.
It's 14-16nm FinFET and will have a 16 core PC CPU and 32 core server CPU.

Give me a fact, because you haven't given any.

Keller quit halfway….

This thread is cancer

He didn't, though

No he didn't, he had a 3 year contract with AMD specifically to work with Zen.

AMD is run by a woman, a chink woman. They're finished son

Man you're retarded.

Absolutely positively a top tier argument.
Even after releasing one of their best products in recent years, the RX 480, they're finished.
Even after making mad bucks on the PS4 and Xbox one APU contracts, they're finished.

Let's not throw AMDfags under the bus so hard. I mean, not all of them are quite as retarded as he is.

I mean, most AMDfags are at least not THIS retarded.

Nice facts bro.

Pump n Dump activate

Kek. Don't you know you already lost? I presented facts, you failed to refute them even a little bit. Get over it!

hello reddit/4chan

it sounds like total garbage but the one saving grace is that theyre making a pokemon and mario game for it early on. hopefully nintendo wises up and releases a mario 64 sequal and a real new pokemon game that starts from gen 1 and scraps all the garbage like pokemon beauty pageants and focuses on battling and training and stuff.

Now you're embarrassing yourself.

Amy Su and the Drunken Poo are going to run AMD into the ground, just dump now dont bother trying to pump

Good ol' JIDF!

implying they will ever release a good Mario game again

That's a good question, I can't really give you an answer since my knowledge is limited, I just know that benchmarks comparing x86 and ARM generally have x86 being consistent across the board while ARM is all over the fucking place and that games can have diverse workloads which might or might not fuck ARM over.

This guy is full of CPU making magic, the ARM CPU he desgned for apple can do just as well as other with 30% smaller clockspeed or something stupid like that.

Well they're coming back, slowly, Zen and Vega just need to be decent and not a fucking disaster like the RX480 (and you can say what you want but what they did with the power draw shit is absolutely unnacceptable)

>>>Holla Forums

He is. Too bad he quit halfway and it was shit-tier pooinloos that finished the design.

You have to admit, jews are great at designing CPUs.
Their greed translates well to saving every cycle, saving every memory access, saving every bit of die space, every miliwatt.
It's not ready until every shek– branch is taken correctly.

mite as well

Well, i could bet ARM is being crippled a bit by the obscure neon thing.
floating point SIMD thing is a guaranteed thing on x86 CPUs due MMX, SSE etc.. while on ARM is a matter of CPU x1.01 supports neon but CPU x1.02 don't.

Can't wait for AMD to play their Zen card so Intel can blow them the fuck out just like last time.

Well, the core itself is very optimized, probably even the dedicated backdoor microcontroller.

They're not wasting anything they just have a small ARM core for that now.

I bet on a custom intel job, because they absolutely HATE arm.

Go back to sucking dysnomia's dick on Holla Forums, loser.

He's talking about this piece of kit:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Active_Management_Technology

It's a microcontroller that can access the network independently of the main CPU and in theory be used to manage the PCs of your network.

But the ROM it use is closed source.

Are you suggesting that the NX won't be any of the above?

Nintendo is making it out to be that it'll cost "a lot less than you'd expect".

My bets are on it being $199

How is this different from Jim's hostile takeover of Holla Forums?

looks like a dick

It doesn't matter what fucking gimmick Nintendo throws on it, because at the end of the day, if they don't

Hah, I remember the enhanced rain or w/e not even working on PC. Did they ever fix all of that?

When have nintendo leaks every been true?