Every thread here is some boring ass general, it's like a reddit board but more shitposty

Every thread here is some boring ass general, it's like a reddit board but more shitposty.

4/v/ - fun and hotpockets
8/v/ - nofun and hotpockets

petitioning to rename this board /vg/

it's certainly not a Holla Forums board.

Holla Forums always hated generals.

1/8, almost an effort

wew

you sound new as fuck
generals were never a problem, until retards made duplicates, or kept remaking them as soon as they hit the bumplimit
these things crowded the first pages, hence a /vg/ board was needed
I fucking hate newfriend spergs who took this as "generals are not allowed on Holla Forums"
this was never the case

You're giving me a fucking existential crisis trying to puzzle out where you stand on the issue, user.

at least you used some originality with the screencap.

The new is real. /vg/ was made because Holla Forums hated generals so fucking much and because they were pure undiluted cancer.

dumbfuck detected

you have really bad reading comprehension.

listen redditor, stop larping as ebin old fag.

/vg/ was made as a containment board for generals because no one on Holla Forums liked generals.

even to this day 4chan janitors delete generals on 4/v/, the same practice they've been doing since /vg/ was created.

redditors aren't the problem per say, 4chan is full of them, it's when boards like Holla Forums are run with a reddit mentality.>>10291947

8chin bugged my post.

I recall /vg/ being created because generals were choking out other one-off threads on Holla Forums, not because le ebin "we ALWAYS hated them" meme. Hell, generals themselves were created to avoid spamming one-off threads.

/vg/ was created as containment to improve Holla Forums.

/vr/ was created as safe space from Holla Forums shitposts.

"containment" implies it was something bad and was moved as a way to get rid of it.

In truth, generals simply outgrew Holla Forums. As others had said there were too many recurring generals and not enough space leftover for non-recurring threads. Really though the majority of vidya content was in the generals at the time, so splitting /vg/ off essentially took the vidya out of Holla Forums.

Generals on /vg/ have long since become tripfagging circlejerks, something that never really took root while they were on Holla Forums.

I don't see many generals, it's like less than 5% of threads.

There just aren't any cool new games coming out.

We either talk about old games or any news that comes up. cuckchan Holla Forums is the same, just more shitposting.

Something must have happened these past few years that made the gaming industry stale and boring. Something must have made lots of developers uninterested in making games, but there are a lot of indie devs releasing games on steam. Too bad most of them are shit.

It is almost like OP is shitposting and exaggerating to get replies.