Good, older games to play

It's my 20th birthday, I'm alone and feeling sad and burnt out on most shit I play.

Suggest something worth playing that's got enough depth to prevent me from wanting to fucking kill myself, because bland shit like CS:GO just isn't enough to numb me anymore.

Older, because I cannot run anything newer than 2009 on my toaster. Morrowind, for example, managed to hold my attention for a couple hundred hours before the repetitiveness of combat got to me, and was both amazing to play and easy to run.

I kind of like things that make me think and always give me with objectives to do, which made shit like Terraria or Autismcraft provide me with literal thousands of hours of gameplay. These things come to an end, however and I fucking can't stand even looking at either of them anymore.

I just cannot think of any of the games I used to play when I was a wee lad. Those that I do remember, such as Bloodrayne, Painkiller, Oblivion, Thief etc. I already replayed in the very recent time.

It's like a whole library of games (and I played hundreds) are gone from my memory, and I can't remember anything good anymore apart from giants like Morrowind, Hitman, HL1, etc.

I'm developing my own game in the meantime, also, but my frustration and dissatisfaction with the quality of my artistic ability makes me take long, frequent breaks with nothing to fill it.

Here's hoping you guys can fucking help me, because I just don't even know what to do anymore. It's like there's literally nothing to play, even though I know that can't possibly be the case.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!nxhzXY7Z!yLphQg48NuqhGvKIeZdkoQ
play-old-pc-games.com/
old-games.com/
privatelee.com/search/?q=Good old games for PC from 2009#q=Good old games for PC
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
youtube.com/watch?v=8IDWk183xE4
youtube.com/watch?v=updfL4-cxdg
youtube.com/watch?v=Yc9o_ldmlVs
moddb.com/mods/ultimate-apocalypse-mod
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good ol days like PS3 and xbox 360 XD

Fucking kill yourself

Sounds like you need a heavy dose of Gothic 1 and 2 user.

Christ, wait 90 minutes so you can sperg out in the 4 am general like everyone else.

Mate, there's no way you could have read OP's post within that time.

Did you not read his fucking post?

Where did I ever mention those? My dad never bought me a PS3 because he hated videogames and thought they made me stupid and shut-in.

I'm asking for suggestions for vidya to play, asshole. How is my formatting reddit, anyway? It's not my fault that imageboards don't let me type in neat, small paragraphs and stretch them out into long lines instead.

Never played Gothic before. Looking it up produces Reddit-tier reviews of the "It's like the game X had sex with the game Y and the game Z babysat it!"

Mind describing it?

happy birthday you cunt, have a drink and play yakuza and ninja gaiden, some of the best games available

Happy Birthday, user. Hope you find a good video game to play today.

thanks guys

As for Ninja Gaiden and Yakuza, aren't those console games?

Happy birthday!

Why not give Fallout 4 a chance on low settings?

yakuza 1-2 are ps2, and supposedly emulate well. can't say what i know about ninja gaiden emulators, ninja gaiden black was xbox fat, ninja gaiden 2 was 360. there are "sigma" versions on ps3 but they are bad.

Play some of this.
It's not so old per say, but it never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Third person RPG, open world, hundreds of hours of content, etc. Better combat than Morrowind, that's for sure.

Beewax candles on christian altars is something (I think) cabalistic jews holy templar knights would do

Because my normalfag brother bought it, and I gave it a good honest try. I decided to make it fun, and built a melee character. He was a big, bulky nigger with zero INT and maxed STR called Tyrone.

Turns Tyrone is an educated war veteran that has a wife, is a dedicated father and speaks like a white boi no matter what I fucking do. Moreover, my formerly completely viable playstyle of choice which is melee was made completely impossible by enemies that are meant to be shot. It was impossible, not fun and story was shit.

Fallout is one of those series that I love with all my heart. Fallout 4 made me accept that it's dead forever.

How's the immersion? Does it feel like a world that you explore, or does it feel surface-level and combat-oriented like "RPG" like Witcher and Dragon Age?

I played it last a week ago. Picrelated

You could always play pic related.
Time tested good mood inducing game.
:^)

That option is seductive enough, user, I hope to at least finish my game before doing that.

thanks user

Peronally,
Postal 2
Mass Effect 1 with the graphics mod
Saints Row 2 with some mods applied. I have repacks already setup for Mass Effect 1,Postal 2 and Saints Row 2. Mass Effect 1 and Saints Row 2 are still uploading. Postal 2, with A Week in Paradise, mega.nz/#F!nxhzXY7Z!yLphQg48NuqhGvKIeZdkoQ .

Fuck off, the PS2 is better as the disks work first time 99% of the time vs 50% if I am lucky with the PS3. Shame that one my PS2's memory card decided to eat about 90% of it's data.

Then lurk more

Go to reddit for retarded recommendations you could find with a simple google search.

oh fuck off

Thanks user

No you fuck off with your fucking underaged bullshit

The day peopled stopped telling people to lurk more is the day imageboards died

What? PS2 lasers are pretty hit/miss dude and it's only getting worse.

I really like old adventure and hack'n'slash games, also the fact that these have low poly models with a good texture work.

I recommend you to try Rune, Severance: Blade of Darkness, Arx Fatalis, Gothic 1&2.

I also recommend not-that-old games like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and M&B:Warband if you want another timesink.

The day imageboards died was the day they were created because they always were a cesspool full of fags like you.

I first started browsing cuckchan when I was 13; I lurked long enough. Now fuck off, I'm trying to get vidya to play.

Unfortunately that's the kind of adventure games that feel too surface-level to grab my attention. I was always more of a slow-paced roleplay oriented games guy, games like Morrowind.

If I wanted action I'd just go play Quake 3.

Recfag threads should be banned on fucking sight. If you want to talk about a game, we can have a thread about that and recommend games similar it. This is just lazy.

I don't care about your feefees. While you think about what that means, stare at this is image of a sausage mcmuffin.

No problem. Happy birthday 20th, did you get anything worth mentioning? Also if you don't maind me asking, what are the specs of your toaster?
Also
play-old-pc-games.com/
old-games.com/
privatelee.com/search/?q=Good old games for PC from 2009#q=Good old games for PC

Well I must be lucky then. My PS3 has soured me on Blurary at least ask far is using them as disks.

So twenty is now considered underage?
Shitty retorical question.

its not a toaster by usual standards, but it's enough to not be able to run fucking anything past 2009.

Nevermind, I just read your other posts itt; kill yourself. Browsing this site doesn't make you an epik internet supernerd. You're no better than me or your stupid brother or anyone itt. Fucking ego-wanking faggot.

You might need a new drive for your PS3 as bluray discs are actually supposed to be quite resilient - I think even the m-disc guys got caught out by how hardy they are.

But user I'm pretty sure I have better taste than my brother because he liked Fallout 4

Ego is all I have for happiness left me long ago

Don't let viddogims consume your hobbies, make time for creative projects. Some advice I wish I gave myself when I was 20.

user I'm working on a vidya, which pretty much includes music, art, 3d modelling, programming and writing.

its fun, but now I can be dissatisfied with my skills in all ways at once

I too recommend Arx Fatalis, Gothic 1&2, and Dark Messiah.

I also recommend System Shock 1&2, and looking into emulation. Especially SNES, PS1, and Gamecube games. use this wiki to compare emulators:

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Here's a few PS1 games:

Ape Escape
Crash Bandicoot 1-3
Future Cop LAPD
Kagero Deception II
Medievil 1&2
Megaman Legends 1&2
Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Spyro 1-3
Suikoden 1&2
Threads of Fate
Tomba 1&2

There really should be a sticky for recommendations like Holla Forums has a sticky for consumer advice.

This is also good advice. Happiness comes from living a balanced life. Video games are great but try to find happiness with other things too. Why not learn to play an instrument or two? Or how to draw? How about learning how cars work and how to customize them how you like?

←——–

Happy birthday! Here's a cool birthday vid for you
youtube.com/watch?v=8IDWk183xE4

And if you are a humble ignorant fool, who's never heard of the Balkan chalga, enjoy this song
youtube.com/watch?v=updfL4-cxdg

Also, don't feel sad, at least your not on this guy's place

wheres the pic user

user, by being nice to me you stripped me of my right to be an elitist asshole to you, but you're going to get an insane amount of shit very soon for the vids you posted.

In all seriousness, if you need a timesink even exceeding hundreds of hours and since you mentioned being lonely, nothing will beat an MMORPG.

It's my birthday in a few days too OP, I know how you feel. Try out the System Shock series if you haven't already, or if you just want to kill time on a game that never ends, try taking up an MMO like RuneScape 2007. Other than that, there's always short repetitive games that keep you coming back for 100% completion, but nothing specific comes to mind other than a few platformers

What is your game about?

I'm not lonely, I'm just alone. MMORPG make me want to fucking kill myself because of how "same" and unimportant they make me feel.

It's good that you can do all that with vidya but you should also change your environment sometimes as well. Maybe make a habit of walking or running outside. Don't follow the same route every time either.

Are you happy being alone?

A shooter with outlandish, over-the-top weapons that force you to learn to use them properly is the idea. The story is still brewing, but I'm shooting for a classic "discovering magic" sort of story, where as you progress you find more and more normal things work based on magic etc.

Story-wise it's not final at all. I'm still filling up my scrapbook with concept and ideas, and exploring ideas.

Today I modeled a whimsical looking shotgun. Going to rig it for animation tomorrow.

Uh I should probably mention that the butt and the barrel actually fit together, I just modelled them like that so it's easier to assign vertex groups to the armature.

Same goes for the hammer

I'm okay. I have a lot of "internet friends" that I talk to on VoIP programs to satisfy my need for social interaction.

I don't go outside much, though, it makes me really depressed.

That's really cool. Seeing someone be able to work on all aspects of a game like that is unthinkable to me

Thanks, user. I'm still very insecure about showing my stuff to others, so your kind words mean a lot.

Sounds like it will be a blast to play. If you need any help with play testing just ask. I can also give it a shot trying to help in any other area`s.

Thanks, man. You can always help by dumping ideas in the thread.

happy birthday fam
have a goat

thats a cute goat tbh fam

Is it going to be a FPS or TPS? If its going to a FPS, a default FOV of at least 90-120 would be ideal.
Mass Effect 1 repack (last file is uploading)
https:/mega.co.nz/#F!qZsAFTbD!Dm0ku9J6OtR-xAYfVieUvQ

Saints Row 2 repack (Still uploading the majority of it)
https:/mega.co.nz/#F!bd1DASBb!6BXvSeVYfT4zLjg1mzk4oQ

FPS. I'm going to allow most cosmetic variables to be edited freely, since I have no need of limiting that.

Have you considered branching into space sim and 4X games? I bet you haven't played even Master of Magic, right? The GOG package + 1.50 patch and you are good to go.

Frontier: Elite 2 is for serious autists only:
youtube.com/watch?v=Yc9o_ldmlVs

go to a family farm and buy some meat. Cook it properly(not overcooked) and eat it. You'll feel much better, trust me.

You have short attention span from not eating properly or lack of sleep.

Happy birthday, OP! Turned 19 last month over here.

I'd recommend Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town or Rune Factory 4, but since you aren't into timesinks anymore, might as well pass.

I too suffered from longing for the good ole' days with vidya. I ultimately cured this syndrome with Bayonetta.

But, to quote Touka Miyashita:

"There's a difference between missing the old days and living in the past."

Probably butchered that quote.

Maybe Dragon Quest V would do the trick for you? DQ IV wouldn't be bad either.

Vagrant Story sounds like a good rec too.

I dunno about you, but Star Fox 64 was my childhood. The one game I could never tire of.

Time sink is fine, but it has to be meaningful. Minecraft, for example, had me create 50+ hour projects with it's wiring system, which taught me the basic concepts of boolean algebra.

I posted this before - but this is an arcade game, which had a score system, custom musics score, multiple stages, different hazards, anticheating systems, all based on on/off states and wiring.

Wasted time tbh

In retrospect I should've taken more pictures of particular wiring bits and individual circuits before I was banned.

Learning the basic concepts of boolean algebra took a day at the most. The rest of my 10'000+ hour autismcraft playtime over the years was mastering it, and making cool, sophisticated systems.

It was a lot of fun, and I made a lot of friends with actual programmers who ran servers I built this shit on and were interested in how it works.

I was taught Java by an Adobe lead dev, who ran a server I built that Tiki arcade on. He ultimately wanted to put me on the servers' backend.

There's only one game that has stopped me from killing myself…

pic related

Jesus fuck user, jesus fuck.

Well, user, all that I have to say in my defense is that being nearly the best at that particular aspect of the game allowed me near infinite leeway with most server owners.

I got to trigger tons of SJW mods. I don't even want to go into the Minedlands saga, where I took on a whole SJW posse. Thinking back on it makes me unconsciously overlay battle themes on every time they tried to ban me and I weaseled my way out of it.

Boppin, Puzzle Quest and Civ 4 (if it runs on me shitty laptop, it'll run on your toaster)

I got your back user

And of course playing more Doom doesn't hurt.

I haven't played a few of those, might has well give them a shot I suppose.

Most PSX games are good. I know it's a retarded suggestion, but attempt to play em all on an emulator.

But user, in my honest experience 99.9% of all console games are flat, unimpressive and surface-level in their mechanics.

99.9% console games in my experience are flat garbage though

wew my post finally came through just as I tried to post it again

Well play dwarf fortress

Maybe it's about time I played it, yeah. I heard its quite good.

Stop being fucking retarded, only the current gen is that bad. You're missing out on a fuckton of games by not emulating the PSX generation, since an assload of them didn't make it to PC. I refuse to believe you're willing to play all these autistic PC games yet you somehow have it in your head that older console games can't be as good. Get your head out of your ass.

That's why I said "in my experience" user. That statement encompasses only the games that I have played, not all older console games.

Also is that Stamper on your pic? What the fuck is he wearing?

i have never played.. or have seen for sale we

Then clearly you haven't played many. Try the FromSoft games, 007: The World is not Enough, and Tenchu 2. If none of those games even interest you then I have no fucking clue what your taste is since it's so vague. Make sure you have a controller.
It looks like it, I just have it since it's the only reaction image I have on this computer. I don't remember the video it's from though. It's not on his, Oney's, or Ego's channels afaik.

Serious question:
Does anyone still play and is it as good as I remember? Might just go on a quick nostalgia trip.

I'll be 20 next month and I know the feeling. However, with modern games you're not missing much. I assembled a PC back in high school, which at the time I owned no 7th generation consoles and the only remotely intensive game that was worth the money at the time was EYE Divine Cybermancy (and that's a fucking Source game.) I got a PS3 and a Wii a few years later and the Wii was the one I enjoyed the most, but everything seemed really lacking. I don't see how you can run out of good games to play though, especially with the lackluster amount of exposure you have to old video games. Have you exhausted the libraries of the Sega Genesis, PC-Engine, Master System, NES/FC, Super Nintendo, Atari 7800/2600, PS1, MAME, and all the various home computers by Commodore and Atari, on top of all the great DOS games out there? Not even I could dream of achieving that in a a lifetime and all of those are easily accessible on any toaster. If you're really desperate for games to play and you genuinely feel like you've exhausted EVERYTHING I mentioned, you still have to learn Japanese to dive into the widely undocumented world of Japanese home computers (which is honestly the single coolest thing about all of /vr/ shit out there.)

Emulation is your friend user. if you're still indecisive on what to play the best thing to do is get some complete romsets and play spin the wheel. Probably the best way to find a game you like is to find it at random, not having it spoiled by the internet!

I've been using imageboards since I was in 5th grade and I can tell you that you're full of shit. Things were different back then. I wouldn't exactly call them "better" days for say but your heinous misinterpretations of the past proves that you're lying. Lurk moar before you go off with your high and mighty perceptions of something you know nothing about.

MY FUCKING NEGRO
TWINE >>>>>> Goldeneye
Why even live?

I'm going to be 32 next week OP, and I know the feeling of not knowing what to play.

I feel down because I haven't started a family yet.

I'm going to play the R&C remake and Alien Isolation to help fill the void right now.

1996? Shit man what was your first console an xbox360?Maybe your parents had an N64 or a ps1 left over?

You probably didn't get to an age of proper comprehension until 2007 or so (where you can really start enjoying games at a deeper level). I'm not saying you didn't play games before that but I know there's a lot of SNES games I "played" but didn't really grasp until years after I played them. Many of them were essentially fever dreams for me.

SNES games like yoshi's island, earthbound, Super Mario all stars, and many more were just before your time. I wouldn't blame you for not playing them, they're fairly old now but I still see them as important for my development. You grew up in an age of memory cards and built in harddrives. Something in my mind niggles at me and tells me that's bad but I think that's just nostalgia… I hope.

I won't say to go back and play the classics unless you're wanting to learn about some fundamentals and foundations that brought games to what they are today.

As far as what to play now. I don't know what to tell you man. I'm only 7 years your senior but technology moves so fast nowadays that my children will see me as a creature from another era if I ever have them. How will I tell them about the world that came before? A world before the internet or "smart phones". A time before everyone had a computer in their pocket. How could I even explain such a things?

Bully is also good. Some of the classes biology can be a pain to play because the mouse is super senestive. Repack is uploading soonish.

Tales of Maj'Eyal, OP; its a free 2d roguelike with non-ascii graphics

it has items sort of like D2 does, and it has a LOT of options for a LOT of classes which are all considerably different from eachother, and quite a few of those classes have more than one option for their playstyle; first pic related, which is an unlockable(via gameplay) class

most classes never get more than 70 class points(the left column of categories) and much less than 70 generic points(the right column of categories), so judging by first pic, theres quite a few options for that class

initially-unlocked classes are berserker, bulwark, archer, arcane blade, roguewhich gets a revamp next major patch, and shadowblade(magic rogue), and 3 more classes are very easy to unlock via gameplay

DON'T play it if you hate losing, second pic very related

however it isn't an older game, but i know you're asking for older games
i just don't think this game is very processor-intensive

Believe it or not but most of us weren't poor and got a console when we were around 4-6.

If Civ 4, then Fall from Heaven 2, Dune Wars and Planetfall too

And I remember Puzzle Quest to be too easy. Or maybe was it because of stumbling on a winning build (with over 50 duels against blue dragons, for example, all of them victorious)?

Here it is
Bully-Sholarship-Edition
#F!ncdlVTiI!54woItCR8spko-GcTnJ1Tg
password follows the same scheme as before.

OP, try 7.62 High Calibre. Lods of depth, tons of gun autism, looks like ass and will run on toasters. Consider the Blue Sun mod for better stability and even more guns.

0/10

Can anyone recommend me a game with good and satisfying laser guns?

As always, I recommend joining the Daggerfall master race if you haven't already.
But ignore the official download. The best install for the game is named "DaggerfallSetup", so look it up.

Well since people already posted all about emulation I don't think I need to repeat that. Here is some rts stuff.
Dawn of War: Soulstorm mod named Ultimate Apocalypse. It has a lot of new stuff, moddb.com/mods/ultimate-apocalypse-mod . It is advertised as a giant battles mod for heug machines but the options are modular and you can play with vanilla numbers of units. Plus it is bundled with a 4gb patch to allow better utilization of memory. All this etc etc additions but the point is this is going to be much more comprehensive than any game made from now on by casual studios for warhammer. Just like Call of Warhammer Mod for Medieval 2 Total War did for fantasy (which I highly recommend as well). CoW has the added benefit of not being very scripted for the campaign like the very similar other mod (Rage of the Dark Gods) which requires russian site downloads and an almost there english patch.
Rise of Nations is a beautiful low requirement rts witch covers many eras from simple spears and rock chucking to modern 2000's war, which you can play with in several themed campaigns or one worldwide all ages one. The scenarios editor is so comprehensive it has a built in script editor for all your possible needs (requires scripting knowledge). The buildings sprites are hand painted and the unit variety is great considering the number of nations and eras that are built in. It was updated recently to have steam workshop (yay or nay whatever floats your boat). I played the original retail version a lot and there are some missing bits but it is still 99% content and customization wise. And it has magical inspired siblings Rise of Legends and Rise of Mythology which I honestly never played so I cannot speak to their strengths but anons swear by them like I swear by Rise of Nations so they are probably the bees knees.

I thought Blue Sun was the new hotness, but you're probably correct I honestly haven't touched the game in a few years

Honestly i only played hard life but other anons said that blue sun is worse/buggier

For ps2, I would say : The smt and persona games, yugioh: Duel of the roses, dmc3, Dragonball z budikai 3, the Mega man anniversary collection and x collection, and final fantasy 12 is pretty good so far. And for gba, the Megaman zero games, final fantasy ports, and the 3rd gen pokemon and 1st gen remake. Even though the snes was my first console, those two consoles were my child hood. And I hope I suggested some good stuff to you Op. Happy birthday, rock out with your cock out And or jam out with your clam out.

I need to make some sausage patties. I have this breakfast sandwich maker I got a while ago.

96' fag here. My earliest gaming memories was watching my two older brothers playing Yoshi's Island on snes though my crib. It was last summer when our snes finally died during a night of street fighter two turbo. I was planning on getting a shit ton of roms and a pc snes controller for my older brother. 

'97 here. Nanny gave me her grandson's N64 + games when I was in preschool.

I miss the pure innocence of screwing around with SM64 and SF64. I also had Banjo-Kazooie but never got that far, shame.