Should I even bother?

Should I even bother?

Why/why not?

Naw.

Just wondering if it's worth my time. I'm no stranger to grinding fucking Warframe, but I'd like to hear a few more opinions.

It's still on EA which is a big red flag for me talking to you, KF2 devs

Fairly sure the game is largely populated by redditors, Twitch streamers, and underaged faggots, so most likely not worth your time.

It's an early access first person multiplayer survival game with crafting. There are hundreds of shit games like that on steam each one managing to be more shit than the other. I you ever thought that this was worth your time at all you should consider going back to reddit because this board clearly isn't for you.

Didn't know it had that kind of player base.

Back to Warframe, then

People who buy this shit are part of the problem. These games will never be finished.

It's an influx of players from Garry's mod or DayZ, and the only real selling point is le nekkid men in comparison to literally any other surviv crafting piece of shit out there.

Yea I noticed that. Absolutely degenerate stuff.

I only took a second look at it, after watching this guy trolling Rust players and figured I could 'ave a few laffs too.

Warframe is literally one of the best games on the market right now, there's no need to switch to anything else unless you get burned out

t. founder

Probably fake, the intro says the guy put way too much effort into it.

That or Keemstar's cancer has spread

He means a bunch of dudes running around nude to be lol so fahnny, not nudity on it's own.

That's just it – I wanted to take a break from it ~200 hours in

And I don't really feel like going back to Payday 2 either ~300 hours in

You want a proper answer? Let me lay it down for you. I've been playing it since it had zombies way back near release, and it's never been in a worse state than now.

The community is absolute fucking cancer, rivaling the likes of ASSFAGGOTS and dudebro shooters. If you're looking to get anywhere in a vanilla server, you need to play in a group of at least 3 people to ensure a good chance of survival. You can play solo, as I used to, but you're not going to have much fun. Have a look at this embed to see what I mean when I say that clans ruin the game - keep in mind that this was done in an unmodded server.

If you're looking for challenging 1v1 or even small group based PVP, you'd best look elsewhere, as even when you do get those rare times that you can have a fair fight, 95% of players suck arse at it. I'm not exactly a god at aiming, I'm just actually competent. Your weapons of choice for the majority of the game (unless in a clan) are going to be bows and crossbows, which while they are fun to use, are always being fucked with balance-wise by the devs. Sometimes the crossbow is better than the bow at close to middling ranges, as it should be, and other times it's identical to the bow except for loading a hundred times slower and having a trigger mechanism instead of just a string. Spears are absolutely worthless beyond the very start of the wipe for any serious play, so don't bother.

Survival is a joke, as food and water are pathetically easy to come by once you have even the smallest house built, and there's no penalty to death.

Where this game truly shines is in playing with reckless abandon. If you choose to run around naked with spears and a bow, recruiting other nudies, and playing as a travelling pack of boongs or niggers, I guarantee you'll have a great time. Even when they have better equipment than you, most players can't fight for shit in a 1v1 situation, so you'll always find yourself having more loot and equipment than you'll know what to do with. Seeing as you don't have a base, and you didn't farm for any of that stuff, the stress of being raided or losing your resources is completely gone, meaning that you can do whatever you want with anything you pick up along the way. I can quite honestly say that I haven't enjoyed any other multiplayer game as much as I've enjoyed doing this in Rust in a long time.

What said.

I can't stand that your character is randomized and then permanently tied to your steam ID.

I tend to be a rather serious solo, most of the time gamer, so basically, I'll have a better time just running around buttnekkid along a pack of retards, or else I'll end up ragequitting.

Thanks for the thorough response, user

Is there any other good survival game like Rust out there?
I want something similar that emphasises player interaction, a bit of PVP, trading, all that good shit.

You're welcome. Custom gamemodes like Battle Royale and Embankment are pretty fun too, if you're into that sort of thing.

I don't really think you fully understood what I was saying.

Or the greater focus on base building, the potential for making things like arenas and coliseums, the faster paced combat, and that it's not a running simulator like GayZ. With the right changes Rust could become amazing, but a lot of the other survival games are shit from the ground up.

They keep pulling retarded shit like not allowing ladders in building blocked zones, the XP system (literally all the current negative reviews are about that), the randomized character shit which is so simple and pissed off lots of players because it's retarded, literally everyone would be happy if you just let me choose who I was.

The premise sounds pretty fun, but I never buy/play any of them because it's all fucking garbage. Early access is a cancer.

I looked at Miscreated for a while but realized that ammo is so scarce that it's pointless to fight other people for supplies, and the engine it's built with is so shit that zombies can't be in higher groups than 1 or 2 every three or so miles.

I just want one good one, is that too much to ask?

They keep pulling retarded shit like not allowing ladders in building blocked zones
Thus invalidating the point of ladders. I agree.

I agree that it's shit, and ruins one aspect of what made Rust more unique.

I don't care about that, really. It just makes it easier for me to recruit to my troupe of gorillas, or start up a Klan chapter, depending on my mood.

No.
It's shit.

That's kinda why I laid eyes on it, at first. I figured it'd be a step above Memecraft.

How long has it been on EA status? Are the devs jewing out the player base like Tripwire with KF2?

Are you talking about Easy Anticheat? Because that's been around for a long time now.

No he's means early access.

Ah. It's been in early access since it first came out December 2013, and I picked it up January 2014.

Oh, and it has a microtransactions cosmetics shop. While still being in EA.

This game is really a piece of shit. People will try and kill you on sight and for good reason. There's nothing to do once you've gotten a base and resources besides killing people. It's just some kind of retarded delayed pvp match, like The Culling if except of just finding weapons you had to spend a million hours crafting them. The whole concept of the game is retarded. It's like it was made for trolls to to make each butthurt by destroying things people spent a lot of time on.

The biggest issue is trying to discourage people from KOSing, there is essentially no reason not to do it. I don't because I'm not a dickhead.

It's like (((they))) don't even hide it anymore

It's Garry Jewman, what do you expect? He supported paid mods.

Play it like I described in and those problems disappear. Provided, of course, you're not dogshit at FPS games.

It's fun as long as you outnumber / outskill the people you face.
If you're not a lot better and don't have the numbers chances are this is going to be a base building sim as you're going to be raided by groups of 6-10 redditors while you're afk, while they paint your walls with ebin memes to boot.

My advice? Don't even think about it.

redditors and little children are the least of your problem, the real problem that is in every one of these survival games are Kill on Sight groups with maximum amount of gear.
There is absolutely no real PVE content in rust so it is all about PVP and playing with people you hate.

I wonder the same thing. I realize that whenever I watch DayZ or Rust videos, I only watch the funny parts, but even if I don't mind the grind, both look slow – as in, the grind would turn like a chore, just to get the ball rolling.

That's another concern. Why does this game attracts so many idiots? Is it the way it was designed?

Not in it's current state. It used to be fun a while ago, but it's absolute shit since 6th of June.

I don't think it will ever be fun again, and this is coming from a person who played it for a good thousand hours.

It does not. It's a brutal, unforgiving PVP game. Redditors are the saltiest ones, crying about getting killed etc.

It used to be fun. Not anymore.

Because any intelligent person would stop playing this shit after a couple hours of getting killed for his rock.

Yeah I read that and it seems like a good idea. But it doesn't change the fact the way the game is designed to be played is retarded.

Not really. It's only boring if you're socially inept.

If you're halfway eloquent and can talk your way out of shit and into companionships (which you can abuse, and betray) you will have lots of fun.

You're not wrong. I'm just holding out hope that Facepunch unfucks their shit one day.

Playing seriously is shit. Embrace the abo lifestyle.

Yes, you could witness it in action when dayZ first came, first there were much more friendly players and the general attitude was vastly different, most people asked first shot second. Now the tables have turned and everyone is just out for that next leet 400m sniper kill or some shit and shoot first ask questions never.

It's like another neofag at this point.

Great for 1v1s

This.
Now servers are practically FULL of them, and it's nearly impossible to find any good admins.
As in general my team and I get hated for actually PLAYING THE GAME, and killing everyone and taking or destroying all their shit.
We usually get banned in a week for "hacking" (never used an aimbot in my life); so it's pretty shite now compared to the olden days.

Sad, but true.

Meant to say

can't even call a guy a nigger without getting banned

pretty much yea, unless you're willing to go around to 20 different servers… to find a non-redditor admin

I lead a 15 man clan that I personally cobbled together and set up strong, military-like discipline and hierarchy I told them we were roleplaying. Little did they know I treated them like cattle for real

I once got banned for setting up a trade deal where all the nigger characters of our allied clan had to mine 20K stone and 30K wood while wearing special nigger slave suits "so ours snipers wouldn't shoot them"

Redditor admin thought that me segregating niggers to be slaves was unacceptable.

I even have a screenshot of it, still.

See, that sounds funny as hell. Why would they ban you for that?

If only a handful of people are playing the game as intended, and one has to wade through endless griefers and ledditors until you find someone decent enough to play with, it kinda makes it worthless, specially with mouth-breathing admins like those.

The problem isn't that only a few people are playing "competitively", it's that your power projection capabilities are exclusively based on the number of people you're playing with, and if you're not top dog you're always going to be getting stomped on when you're offline.

Does that mean that I have to forcefully commit and play more and more, just to keep my stuff/house from being raided and getting shot?

I tend to be a casual first, and once I get the hang of it (and if I'm enjoying it), only then I go hardcore. If they require people to be hardcore at first (specially since I don't know dick about the game), then that sucks even more.

So you're saying this game basically promotes autist gameplay?

yes

The more you fortify your house, the less likely you'll be raided. You're going to get shot no matter what, all you can do is lower the likelihood by playing more cautiously (and boringly). I alleviate these two issues by not making a base and not farming my own materials, thus making the game actually fun.

Where do you think we are?

Touché.

But even then, I don't play Payday 2 like a spastic, for instance I prefer stealth over loud, 60% of the time

So I'll ask again. Is there any good survival game that is like rust under 20€ out there?

Nope. Rust is the best one out there, and that speaks volumes of the state in which the genre is right now.

Game was alright before the XP update, had it's moments and niche. But the XP updated ruined it and killed the playerbase.

XP update made even fucking redditors, known for sucking Garry's cock, flip out and accuse Facepunch of being hacks and being inept

Facepunch responded by implementing good shit, arguably best updates this whole fucking year too bad its too late, and its all spoiled by the fucking terrible XP system that nobody wants to play

That's nice and all, but I don't really like that the community had to light a fire under their asses, in order to get shit fixed.

It's like they're unaware of the issues their player base has.

Considering that it's on early access, makes me pretty weary of getting it, or investing hours into it.

That's the whole point of my post.

I'm really happy that when they started acting like Early Access devs should, it's now too late to salvage their broken game.

Ark is way better

No, Ark is also shit. Stop trying to bring up an alternative which is even worse than the subject matter.

It keeps happening with that fucking Minetest meme game, and it sucks dick. You can be contrarian and hipster all you want, but stop trying to make objectively shitty fucking games look good against the backdrop of a superior, albeit still shitty, game.

Would be nice if Ark was fucking possible to run on anything but a i7.

Their engine or optimization for that engine is absolute fucking garbage.

I played Ark for the first time when they had that free weekend a week or two ago. Ark being better than Rust isn't much of an accomplishment, It's also a buggy unoptimized piece of shit

So much for it not using Unity :^)

It's objectively worse. It has no real art direction and its tasteless.

Rust has brilliant concept artists working on it, but they're all just idea guys. The real weak link are the programmers and, of course, Garry.

Because if you want to get off on killing kids just play unturned and you actually get to shoot them

Massie pls go

I just had a look through the latest devblog, and it seems they're actually listening for once.

>Revive takes 6 seconds to complete (holding down E)
>Cannot move while reviving
>Increased headshot multiplier of throwables and arrows to 1.5 (from 1.25)
>Pressing R rotates placement guide of deployables and building blocks
>Can sprint with crossbow again
>More than halved crafting time for Explosives and Gunpowder
>Loot tables for radtowns handcrafted and contain less junk

I must say, I'm impressed.

Get some hacks and fuck shit up, listen to angry cyka blyats and have a giggle. Also don't buy it, creator a shitty lefty nigger loving cuckshit of a whore faggot.

It depends on the quality of your base. If you have just a wood shack even a fresh spawn can break your door down with a bit of effort. And trust me, someone will eventually try to get your shit if they can.

Probably the best thing to do if you want a base playing by yourself is to run around collecting as much metal ore as you can find. Make a furnace, or use a big furnace someone made outside their house(super risky), and turn the ore into usable metal. Step 2, get shot and lose all your precious time Make a 1x1 metal house with a metal door and a lock, the one that uses a password, and a bed inside. You won't have shit for space but at least you'll have a place to respawn and store things while being immune to everyone but the most dedicated shitters, and with keyless entry no one can get in if they shoot your ass near your home unless you leave the door open. Perhaps even make two doors if you can manage, one for an entrance and another that can open to an addition that you can build later.

This might just change my opinion on Rust.

i dont like the forced character design option they placed to players. It adds nothing and their reasoning for it is fucking downright insulting. Because of that i wrote this game off completely, i seriously hope there isnt other BS like that in the works or in-game.
The only silver lining is the amusing shit that happens because of it.

If you were ever going to play Rust you would've done it by now anyway. You've fallen for the "muh random characters" meme like the rest of Holla Forums.

why would anybody want to play a EA game considering all the shit that went down.
I considered this game when EA wasnt widely known to be a scam, and it had zombies. Since this whole open world survival shit fad came from wanting one with zombies.

"muh random characters" is just icing on the cake. Its pointless and it didnt even fucking accomplish its intended purpose, turns out when you force that shit people tend not to like it. Even if it gets done ill never play it.

Im still patiently waiting for a open world survival game that has the balls to say its "Complete". This will probably only happen when games are dead from age since its seemingly more profitable to remain in EA hell.

Zombies were removed February 2014. Random character generation was added March 2015. That's a solid 13 months you could have tried Rust in.

You fell for the meme. Stop lying to yourself.

stop being stupid
i wanted zombies.
it got rid of it
so i never looked again
also fucking advocating EA games in basically a primordial state, cmon now. Games change so much so it doesnt accomplish dick.

I'm not advocating shit. I'm basically the only person in this thread who actually gave real reasons for why this game is shit instead of "muh skin colour", "muh genitals", and "muh reddit". There are so many other reasons to avoid and criticise this game, but instead, so many of you retards get fixated on the single most unimportant aspect of the entire fucking thing. Gary is a jewish hack, ladders are pointless, crafting times are cancer, grinding is boring as fuck, the exp system is biased towards clans, optimisation is non-existent, loading times are horrendous, and the community is cancer, but instead of discussing any of that you simply parrot "HURRR MUH CHARACTER" and feel content with yourself.

If you think the game is shit just say so; you don't need to virtue signal about how much you hate cultural Marxism while you're at it.

legacy rust was a blast, but the community is dead.
save your money, new rust is shit and garry cant make a fucking game to save his own retarded ass

Essentially, this. If you already own the game it might be worth popping in every now and again to check it out, but you shouldn't buy it in its current state.

I wonder, does anyone play legacy anymore? Is it even running?

Got it gifted during sale. It's ok but wouldn't buy it. Building your house gets old quickly after the second wipe.

Do you ever play a MOBA and think "I wish I could see how these people are in the wild"? Well that's Rust. Griefing, whining kids, backstabbing bydlos, you got it all. It's amazing how stupid and malicious/evil these people are, I've had people look at the tip of my spear when I told them to look where it was pointing (literally like a dog who looks at your finger when you point), people that saw me from 600m away and just started charging towards me to kill me for no reason, and people being easily deceived and lost by running in circles around a structure.

I honestly believe the majority of Rust players are barely human, they are some sort of barely aware evil subhuman thing that would make an abo look like DaVinci.

Depends on the server really.
Legacy rust generally had better admins/players overall, but I suppose you could get lucky.

The few servers my buddies and I joined recently were filled with kiddies and sensitive tikes who loved their circlejerk echo chamber.
They didn't fight/have territory wars, they had pot shot wars (oh your guy died, I'll let u put this on pause to revive him bcs this is just a play fight), and didn't ever actually do anything except act as if it's a resource gathering + chat room simulator (also most of them were idiots who left their bases unlocked, hilarity ensued).

The best legacy games were times when there was multiple large clans vying for control of rad towns and various other choke points for resources; not to mention they had items in that promoted this, and you could build these w/o a building privilege preventing you from doing so.
Where u had to setup trade deals, temporary alliances to eliminate another clans base(s) or to protect your base during off times, and due to this constant conflict there was actual reasons to promote new players into staying on the server (to join u, set up alliances, or introduce new elements into the conflict) by generally ignoring or even helping newbies unless they were idiots; i.e. actual use of tactics + negotiations + strategy.
Now there's no reason to do that because you can make multiple bases nigh indestructible easily, and cordon off entire areas via the stupid building privileged boxes; not to mention most players are reddit tier who prefer a hugbox over actually playing the game.

Haha holy shit that's glorious.

Yeah my team is generally 4-6 people, but we're damn coordinated; so in most cases it results in us defeating larger clans due to use of strategy + preparation + coordination of movements; it's pretty autistic, but we enjoy it.

Also, forgot to mention that when we killed a lot of the people they asked for their gear back, and whined when we didn't to the whole server.
If that's not a commemoration at the new maturity level of the average rust community then I don't know what is; we even tried to negotiate, but they just wanted it for free, fucking tikes.

Do you enjoy a game with a heavy focus on teamwork and progression, which regularly flushes everything you have away and changes the meta?

Do you enjoy admins using their tools to find you, then rocking around with their posse of sycophants to eventually attrition you down with their numbers, because they're god awful?

Do you enjoy teleporting animals which can one shot you that haven't been addressed since legacy?

I'm playing on officials for now because I couldn't really find a decent community one. I just wanted something maybe x2 or x3 at most but everything populated I found was just "10000X RATE MOSCOW BLYAD SERVER INF ROCKET".

This game looks like it would have lots of potential for something like an Holla Forums server where people are separated into 2-3 large teams or similar, but that's never gonna fly. I mean I myself wouldn't have this if I didn't get it gifted, so yeah.