Stardew Valley

What do you guys think of stardew valley. I heard the game ran out of content after the first year, did they fix that with updates yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/oIcK9
archive.is/oaZIb
youtube.com/watch?v=D-9B_BjEIdg&ab_channel=StardewValley
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Published by Chucklefuck
Pirate if you have to play it

I played it for 90 minutes before I decided that I'd rather emulate Harvest Moon.

It's also early access cancer, and had a few patches that completely change the game balance.

it's not early access

Then it's incomplete, with frequent patches that completely change the game balance. Same scam, even less honest.

shit game
shit thread

I've never played Harvest Moon.
What's a good one to start with? I want some comfy farming fun.

This is a very informative thread.

Games great if you want a modern harvest moon game that isn't shit and has more stuff to do.
Chuckelfuck put me off too until I found out they had absolutely no influence in development.
Theres no more story elements at the end of the third year but the game can go on forever after that anyway.

Because they were a publisher.
Which means they profit at least 30% off this game per sale.

It was fun while it lasted but yeas, after the first year I uninstalled it, it got repetative and I was already making ton of money so I didn't really see the point in continuing

I heard from the ONE developer of the game that chucklefucks only get 15%
I'd say its a worthy sacrifice to support the single person who made the entire game that rivals both harvest moon and animal crossing.
I've been following its development for years so I'm definitely biased but I've been wanting a new harvest moon game that isn't shit and is on PC for way longer than that and this is definitely fits the bill.

Friends of Mineral Town is the best in the series by far.

people haven't modded that out?

couple of old threads
archive.is/oIcK9
archive.is/oaZIb

it's fun, but the girls are boring

le white le patrician lele

Extremely good game, better than any Harvest Moon or Rune Factory game in existence by several orders of magnitude.

I pirated it and got 80 good hours out of it, played through the first year and then kinda sped through the second to complete leftover content. There's still some stuff left to do but I've lost interest in it for the time being.

how would someone go about updating a pirated copy? Found a mega for the old version, but it seems the game needs all the updates it can get.

What are you on about? The game has had, like, one patch. Period.

In fact, that's the problem- he said he had a post-release content patch he was working on and has yet to deliver. The late game is very… boring. There's nothing to buy or aspire to after, like, your first year.

Plus, your fields water themselves late game.

Also, you can push social agendas with fiction, good job disinfo shill.

SPORTS

Maybe you should go back to Holla Forums if you get so triggered by other opinions, newfag.

Worst character in the game, by a large margin.

Even the manager and clerk are better than he is.

Risk of Rain was also published by Chucklefuck

Stardew Valley is inferior to Rune Factory 4 in every way. Skip it and install Rune Factory 4.

Sage for shitty bait.

What's the last update? I've been wanting to play it again, but I want a major update.

You need a 3DS to play, user. Don't be stupid, although CFW one isn't hard now.

And you pirate that one too.

I remember outrage with No_nigger_mode.

still waiting on it, looks like he wanted to get it out for Mac and Linux before going forward with more content.

And what you just said is what gives me hope, this game is a PC harvest moon, which means that it can get updated with more content, more events, etc.

Think about it, you could have a 5th year event in the style of Save the Homeland, maybe instead of a theme park, it's a resort town with fishing, hiking, etc. I mean if you want you can just keep going with more content. Hopefully more mod support comes and we can get some actual modded content.

What if you take over the Joja Mart, and start selling the produce you make at your farm by yourself, you start small and then build your way to becoming a Supermarket, and maybe making a bit of friction between you and Pierre.

Theres been atleast 7 patches, with a few hotfixes inbetween, most, if not all, with game balance changes.

I love that some people out there took a roleplaying board as real. Everyone knows it's much better for a white person to move to Tanzania or Botswana.

Leah is best girl.

Wrong.

If you have children in the game, your spouse will stick to his/her previous scripted schedule and leave the children unattended.

Also, the children never grow past the toddler stage.

how are the monstergirls and monsterboys mods going?

She one's of those modern art scumbags. I liked her until the art show, when she showed off her scribblings.

Really? THAT'S why she left her old life? To make abstrac avant garde pieces?

Who's the best one?

For me, It's Sebastian. Total Holla Forumsack, hates his nigger step-dad and resents his mom for racemixing and creating his sister.

Worst is Demetrius, that nigger had the audacity to think he's smart enough to be a scientist and thinks calling Tomatoes a fruit makes him smarter than the average nig.

Obviously only dubs can determine the best girl

lol just kidding

Caroline, then Emily, then the rest. Everyone else a shit.

My waifus are a lie.

Who's your waifu? Better not be that slut Leah.

Garbage girl.

Kill yourself, pedokike.

Vid related, stay the fuck away from her!

Not bad.

kill me.

Only correct answer is Haley.

Be careful if you try, you'll probably accidentally have faggot sex.

I disagree.

Go back to tumblr.

Fuck your dubs.

what the fuck man does thisgame have trannnies? Im going back to my farm, back to brewing a shitton of hops

seriously when hops come in to play enegery management goes out the window

+45 energy
+spawns once every 1 day after its fully grown
+near infinite energy in fall + winter

just put a shitton of them down and go wild fishing or foraging (shouldve added hunting or osme shit) what also annoyed me is that the world is very fucking small, i thought there'd at least be more to explore.

that was most disappointing of all, really.

No, just dude sex.

IO wish there was a kill button to kill gay people, I'd press that shit in a heartbeat.

ah well, i do have fun with the automatization mods, make shit a lot more bearable…plus the idea of setting up an industrialized farm seems wonderull to me. Should be some option for mechanization as a heavy late game money sink, and such.

Here is what I don't think enough people know.
It was made by one guy in Seattle.
One guy who clearly has some depression issues and had a very strong bias as to which love interest he liked the most.
He clearly liked Harvest Moon and didn't like the anime slant the series has taken in recent years.
He gives it very western sensibilities and some I enjoy.
He had some interesting ideas but there are quite a few flaws.
He was working on an update forever ago but who knows if he really cares anymore.

I pirated it and then bought it.
I got my money's worth out of it.
You have to enjoy a heafty amount of bussywork though and some really don't.

you would kill everyone in h8chan, user.

If everyone on here is gay, I'm fucking leaving.

A couple months ago, my cousin came out to me as gay. I started yelling at him for falling for the jewish media and their bullshit and warned him of the dangers of having a torn asshole, and instead of getting help, he laughs at my fucking face like an asshole and now his side of the family doesn't speak to me anymore.

Please tell me it's not Maru.

you should suck his dick, that is the only way to cure him, user.

This too deep libshit for hipsters is becoming a real headache.

No shit he'd laugh at you, next time try to have a little more tact, and I really hope you didn't start talking about the joos

No, but I did talk about how we need to preserve the white race, and him being gay will ruin that. I don't have a girlfriend, so I can't say for sure I can do so, but he could have, and he became gay!

I know your baiting as a Holla Forumstard but you could at least be subtle about it.

Are you trying to make Holla Forums look like a bunch of spergs? It almost works, if I wasn't so sure you're just a goon shill.

user, well bang okay? You can be my baby girl. its not gay if you wear a skirt

reminder that it's canon that Penny sleeps with Alex
She's going to cheat on you with him

I had the name wrong, it's Sam, but it's literally in her 8 heart event.
youtube.com/watch?v=D-9B_BjEIdg&ab_channel=StardewValley

It's fun but tries to do too much at once instead of focusing on the important stuff: farming and being a comfy farmer guy

I don't mind the pokemon myustery dungeon shit but it's pretty tagged on. If the guy had 100% focused on making a dynamic town that actually reacts to things instead of a->b event chains. Once you get ahold of the mechanics there's not much to really work for. Ultimately having a waifu and a farmstead leads to nothing in terms of feeling a sense of completion.

If someone would like to tell the ultimate goal of this game I'd be interested since I'm not going to slog through it.

Unless that's a new euphemism for sex, the only way I could see it as Sam sleeping with Penny is if she's a kinky girl that likes getting it outdoors.

Emily is best girl, but I don't want to hurt Abigail's feelings by leading her on the whole fucking time only to go after the best girl.

I really don't want to start a new game either because I put in a good amount of work building my farm/brewery.

Post a magnet link, please.

you can get em to 8 hearts and thats considered "best friends" for marraige cannidates, it wont degrade and it wont count against you. it only happens when you go steady with someone, then giving gifts to other eligible people get you evil looks.

i think polygamy is legal in starjew valley

sticking to your guns isnt commendable if your guns are retarded

Yea, they are very reasonable.

It's a fun game while it last but after the third season you become a millionare if you payed attention to which crops produce the most money.

Animals, trees and other jibba jabba net you almost no cash if you compare it to your crops.
It is fun though, the dungeon crawl it's mildly amusing, the quests are somewhat entertaining and it's lovely to build a good looking farm.
Also don't marry, while I didn't try it myself because I'm not into virtual waifus I heard one of the villagers actually cucks you.