Were you a PAL gamer or an NTSC gamer, Holla Forums?

Were you a PAL gamer or an NTSC gamer, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SECAM#Technical_details
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_palettes
youtu.be/1Zd7da0gv7w?t=5m1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PAL master race.

NTSC > PAL
Even the nips used it.

what the fuck is SECAM?

ayy lmao?

What the fuck is that image? That shit aint right.

PAL-M > NTSC > PAL

French original and superior color TV technology.

To this day it's the french company that developed it (today called Technicolor) that owns all three tech, because it's the only one that actually made money out of it (allowing it to simply buy everyone else), making it the obvious winner.

SECAM>NTSC>PAL

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SECAM#Technical_details

NTSC > PAL
Don't let graffixkids tell you otherwise

PAL MASTE RACE REPORTING IN MOTHERFUCKER! CRISPY SMOOTH 50Hz

I don't see how this is an argument. PAL is worse than NTSC. Worse frame rate & refresh rate. Slower games = shit.

If game is well optimized for and developed for PAL (usually because the devs are in Europe), the game should turn out fine.

Sadly too many devs released badly optimized games for PAL, resulting in fucked up speeds and picture squished in black bars because of PAL having a higher vertical resolution than NTSC.

lol console plebs

Higher resolution and richer colours > slightly lower refresh rate

NTSC > PAL

Old games all ran at 5/6th the speed.

Wow, truely pal games offer the most cinematic frame rate possible.

Technically a PAL gamer, because I had to switch my TV from SECAM mode to PAL mode in order to play.

since when was SECAM better for vidya?
The only console that I know of that actually supported that standard was the atari 2600, and it was limited to a 3 bit color palette.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_palettes
Although SECAM may be better for transmitting in terms of signal integrity, it's not good for vidya

Of course a skubfag would like the worse region.

Hardly changes the fact that vidya in France is PAL. OP's pic is shit and incorrect.

does anybody even live there

Both due to modded console.

Thankfully PAL is almost dead, fuck DVD movies for keeping it on life support.

Yes, about 56K people.

PAL reporting in.

PAL a fucking shit, I remember the best part about Sonic Jam was playing Sonic 1 without slowed down music. The music in Kabuki Quantum Fighter being slower makes it sound better in my opinion though. Embed's NTSC (which is the original) and this is the PAL version from someone playing the game on youtube youtu.be/1Zd7da0gv7w?t=5m1s maybe it's just nostalgia but the NTSC version sounds way too fast for me.

forgot to embed like a fucking retard

By Sithis I'm so glad that PAL shit is over.

AND NO MORE REGION LOCKING

Well except for Nintendo.

Actually for TV broadcasting PAL is superior.

OPs pic is correct for nearly everything but vidya

Iwata wanted to possibly remove region locking from the 3DS. Who knows if that'll happen now.

This. I remain the PC monitor gamer, starting from the days of Wolfenstein 3D.

OG DRM right there PAL

You have never been an idort? I wouldn't recommend it these days but 15+ years ago being an idort was great.

PALfag here, it was absolute shit for fighting gamers such as me and my brother. I remember Tekken Tag on PS2 ran slow as shit compared to the arcade version, so most cosole ports were absolute shit for training.

SECAM and PAL have been compatible since fucking 90s so they're the same thing for sake of console shit.

Idort master race faggots

Why the fuck is region locking even a thing anymore? Jewish licensing?

Distribution rights, you don't have to worry about disturbers competing if it's impossible.
So yes, it's the Jews.

Being idort stopped being good after 6th gen.

Higher resolution and richer colours, fuck you burger.
Also
Lmao i owned a PSX.

Fuck PAL tbh.
Had to live sluggish games all my life. Didn't get a proper TV that could do both signals until 2010. The first thing I did was play DMC1 on it. The difference was night and day.

15 years ago was the golden age of PC gaming, dunno why anyone would have owned a console back then.

A better question is why was region locking ever a thing in the first place?

You could've just used PAL60. It's NTSC + PAL's superior colour encoding.

wow so cinematic.

Only because the wii is such unmitigated trash.

The main contender then was Amiga, not any console.

Will you be my PAL?

Why not just have a non-region locked console?

I recommend you look at the calendar.

Incompatibility probably, before CDs and DVDs the only real region locking was between PAL and NTSC games

Either you're just pulling shit out of your ass, or you think the fucking Sims is the greatest game of all time

The PS2 era was a goldmine of JRPGs, so it wasn't just PC that had a golden age.

I think 1995- 2001 was the best era of PC gaming but maybe I'm just biased.

Brazil actually counts as NTSC as far games are concerned, because the PAL-M system runs at 60hz, but using the pal color encoding.

Go drink the juice mommy keeps under the sink, faggot.

Weird, my TV was NTSC and I'm from Argentina.

PAL - 50/25 max fps, 704x576i
NTSC - (Nearly) 60/30 max fps, 640x480i

Better option - 240/128 max fps, 320x240i CYMK

Are you literally retarded?

PAL gamers are fucking plebs getting scraps of developed games

Wew

im 12 and what is this

PAL60 master race

It doesn't look better. PAL is what happens when your shit country only uses 50 cycles in their power outlets. Utter peasants.

there's a difference?

There is no other culture on the planet that is more derivative or inferior. French are sub-abo.

If things incompatible then you wouldn't need region locking to make them incompatible.

>>>/reddit/

PAL only exploits are a thing, this can work both ways however.

BR here, me too boludobro. It's what our country officially had but importing electronics was always cheaper and that meant american NTSC tech. In fact i don't know anyone who had a PAL set and the ones who did technically have one just had one of the fancy TVs with a switch that allowed picking a standard

15 years ago~ was great for PC indieshit but at that time everywhere was still the golden age of vidya