TF2 / Team Fortress 2

Talk about the game, share your favorite servers since community servers are on the rise again, coordinate matchmaking parties if you feel like torturing yourselves.

TF2 Classic shitters need not apply.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ixfe1ATSpWE
youtube.com/watch?v=4-GPWZK-Ad4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Heavy > Pyro

It's like watching a beloved family dog get so old that it can't even get up to go outside and just pisses on itself instead.

You can't even put it out of it's misery, you have to see him slowly rot away until it dies

What's the situation with casual matchmaking? Are the queue times still shit, or have they considered going back to Valve pubs?

The average squeaker still playing TF2 wasn't even in kindergarden when TF2 originally came out.

This is some serious Old Yeller shit.

Queue times are better but it's still nowhere near the efficacy of even Quickplay and there are no plans whatsoever to revert back to Quickplay and Valve servers.

Both matchmaking systems still have no real adequate system for dealing with hackers.

Valve pubs are never coming back, from here on out it's casual matchmaking or community servers filled with plugins and mods out the ass

I quit the game for good with that last update.
Thankfully I never spent any money on cosmetics.

If ever there were an example for why flat-management doesn't work for a company larger than fifty people. Nobody wants to work on TF2 and the people who do are terminally incompetent.

it's not that they don't listen to the players, it's that they listen to only one specific type of players

the main input for the recent updates they've done has been from the top-ranking competitive players who only play 4 out of 9 classes and emphasize that competitive is the only way to keep TF2 afloat. While I don't mind comp, it shouldn't overshadow casual, especially since TF2 was designed as a casual game from the ground up

The worst part is that there's no reason for it. It's not like they're strapped for cash, The International should be evidence enough of that. It's not even like they need a lot of people either considering they've outsourced weapon designs, cosmetic designs and maps to their fucking playerbase.

This is what happens when the marketing division takes over.

Somewhat. I remember the TF2 forums being lit up for a while shortly after MyM because there was one comp player in particular who was "working closely" with the team for the update, was one of the cocksuckers yelling about how the game was gonna be so optimized and there were gonna be so many fantastic changes, and then absolutely nothing he claimed came to pass and he was absolutely dumbfounded at all but one or two of the changes made.

It just hurts me so much on the inside when I see the tragedy that is the current state of TF2. I and many others put hundreds, even thousands of hours in the game and this is how they repay us. By making the game a dysfunctional mess that doesn't know what to do with itself anymore. Its like the devs just erected their middle finger straight at the loyal players of the game and ruined what they loved about it. Is there ANY way we can get Valve to straighten up its act and listen to us?

Ideal way to go about that would be getting a new and reliable community liaison between Valve and the general playerbase. I think it's some brony at the present moment. Alternatively, getting the current TF2 team to do a sweep of forums every so often on their lunch break or something so they can get a glimpse of what people want and are talking about.

I asked this in another thread but didn't really get much response since it was close to death.

Since the code for 2007 TF2 and TF2C is public, maybe some Source savvy anons could try make their own branch of the game. Why not try and make TF2 great again?

I could see it lasting longer than TF2C just because it would be managed in-house and would probably be more focused on the main game, rather than gamemodes. Honestly, even having drop-ins with a nearly up to date version might be enough to catch people's attention, maybe almost something like WoW legacy servers.

Absolutely not. It's not because the anons wouldn't have the skill to do it, but the Holla Forums community is so god damn terrible it would kill the playerbase before it got off the ground, just like TF2C .

I'd say just don't let the TF2C playerbase anywhere near the development staff (even knowing it's primarily Alphablaster and his clique that're responsible for overall unpleasant experiences with TF2C), though like pretty much every other chan or Holla Forums project that got somewhere it'd need to get off the site after a point.

I like my hat
It is nice hat.

Please stop pulling shit out of your ass. The ONLY player they've contacted is b4nny and they ignored most of his suggestions.

Tf2 = Simpsons
OW = Family Guy
The rest are like the shows that didn't last one or two seasons on fox.

I dont think anything is as shit as that show.

thanks for open my eyes in the world. now i am a overwacht fan

Seriously, how did they fuck up this badly? I can't choose server location. And instead of giving each team equal amount of players it just stack one team so there will be 12v6 match…

Join in progress is cancer in every game that ever implements it. It's just a fact of life.

Actualy i cant play in TF2 anymore. After MM update i have stale 10-18 FPS in combat instead old 45 FPS.

This game badly need a new engine.

I'll try and start some conversation. Vote for Heavy or vote for Pyro? Why and why not?

Pyro needs reworking from the ground up.

Pyro because he's more fun, has a higher skill ceiling and better aesthetics. He also needs a good weapon like what the degreaser used to be.

Do you see anyone playing Heavy?
Exactly. He needs buffing.

I just play the Skial servers, there's always a group going on 32 man cp_dustbowl and ctf_2fort. No server mods, and very rarely little kids join.

Casual mode isn't that bad either, if you don't mind joining random maps. It's fun making all the purple rank players rage being beaten by a level 3.

I'm a bit biased toward Heavy and all I've ever fought against are Pyro's who know their shit. The puff'n'sting (which was a gay name anyway) got nerfed, and in my opinion rightly so. Pyro's could walk up to anyone and kill them, even more so if left alone. I still have trouble with Pyros, because their airblast is very disorienting. Maybe it's just me, but I've never gotten used to it. The little jolt upwards always catches me by surprise and throws my aim off long enough to get hit with a crit flare. Their flame range has been buffed, making hard to tell when you're going to catch fire. Even at reasonably far-away distances, I get hit for a good 50-75 hp instantly and set on fire. Very hard to fight back getting airblasted off ledges too; if you have projectile weapons to use, it gets shot back into your face and shotguns are too weak to finish Pyro's off fast enough.

I see Heavies also tearing ass very frequently. I don't even bother with his other weapons besides Sandvich and Stock Minigun. I'm trying to think up of reasons to use other weapons, but those serve me rather well. Pyro on the other hand has more variety in weapons. Flare was bad enough, now its other version has pushback.

>>>/4chan/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/

It's hard to tell if you're going to catch fire because the flamethrower is literally broken and the range varies based on lag compensation.

Gabe Newell needs to get off his Scrooge McDuck money bin and hire some developers who actually give a fuck.

The shotgun is more useful than sandvich imo. The minigun is designed to hold a line of defense for your team to fall back on, and you should use the shotgun until you reach that line, or if you want to push forward.
Plus, you can combine shotgun with the fists of steel to make a fat scout. Run up to people with the shotgun, then punch the shit out of them, then switch back and retreat.

Why is my this thing terminally underrated? This fucking thing improves upon Pyro's survivabilty on roaming AND deals more damage than the standard axe (which is useless to begin with but the back scratcher could 2-shot medics) the only downside is that it got shit heal rate from medics and dispensers, but Pyro was never a pocket buddy the first place and crusader's crossbow could heal the pyro without any heal penalty

Fucking plebs that follow the meta I swear, this thing never got 'rebalanced' by valve as well

The only good vote is a vote for DEATH.

Because the powerjack is better.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. Fists of Steel is awful for beating people up, because anyone with an ounce of common sense will kill you in 1-2 swings with their own melee weapon if they see you getting close with it. Its true purpose is to pass through choke points or areas you know a sniper is watching without fear of a very sudden, startling death.

The shit healing from medics is actually a blessing in disguise if the medic is someone you know. Slower healing means a longer amount of time building uber at a faster rate, so as long as you're not in the heat of battle you can build a full charge pretty quickly. Additionally, most of the pyro's kit is built for close range anyways, so whipping out your melee is kinda counterintuitive.

>make you slightly faster

Sounds to me like you don't know how to use it. The speed boost is actually really significant, and the damage vulnerability isn't an issue as long as you aren't trying to melee fight people like a dumbass. The health on kill is just a small bonus for those occasions when you do manage to secure a melee kill.

>+20% damage vulnerability
And you call that useful. Even the Equalizer has more use.

That's why it's called a fat scout. The scout uses range to make the opponent constantly switch weapons. For example a pyro will use shotgun on a distant scout, so the scout runs up to the pyro with scattergun, and will retreat with the pistol as soon as the pyro switches to flamethrower. This sounds wasteful but it disorients the opponent and gives you control.

You only use it to reach the front lines and to reposition when there aren't any enemies around. If you pull it out when you see an enemy and it's not about to smack him in the face, you're retarded. The negative doesn't exist a good 85% of the time.

It's overlooked because Pyro is a terrible class that isn't good at anything it's supposed to be good at. You could use the Backscratcher to live off the land and harass enemies on the flank, but that would require Pyro to have a way to get on the flank and a way to kill people consistently without using the Axtinguishier (RIP).

I'm more to imply that the health bonus on kill is worthless in the first place (R.I.P Old Powerjack) but still the con of this thing outweighs the pro since the movement bonus is negligible to me atleast

Basically, yeah. But I think, as with Spy, Pyro is one of those classes that has to pick his (yes, his) fights. He can't jump into fights like Soldier and he isn't as precise at killing enemies as Scout. Pyro can neuter Ubers, shoot back the more dangerous projectiles, put out friendlies and can kill spies with relative ease. In a sense, Pyro wins the team time and he can deal with certain situations the rest of the team cannot. He can mostly deal with lone enemies, but against a group he loses effectiveness, unless the Pyro catches them off-guard. He shouldn't be played as a class that can go head-to-head with the biggest damage output classes.

I like going as fatscout every once in a while, breaks up the monotony. I also noticed that Heavy gains ridiculous speed when equipped with GRU, has eaten a Buffalo Steak, and then gets whipped by a Disclipinary Action. Just wish I had a Soldier whip me constantly, so I can go faster than Scout.

SHHHH! Don't go giving them any ideas, it's one of my darlings. I remember stomping ass on a melee server, no one could touch me due to how many criticals I got with that thing.

Also, was there any reason for valve to fuck with the Equalizer? I couldn't kill a full-health Scout while running around at 1HP with it before. Also, a stray bullet was enough to kill a Soldier that was significantly powered up with the Equalizer, so what's the problem here that I'm missing? The damn thing(s) is near-useless now. CERTAINLY not as powerful as Dead Ringer or puff'n'sting.

And by the way, Third Degree has a really neat gimmick, maybe they should make it more appealing to use it (give more damage to the medic for example)

What's your pic related from? Reverse search and IQDB gave me nothing.

Iurk moar

I used mine to murder other pyros, spycicle niggers, and everybody underwater when I wasn't using neon.
Shit's great.

"No healing" was hardly a downside for the original equalizer since you could just zoom on over to the nearest healthpack. It was also so useful that it was nearly always the best melee weapon option, bar the Pain Train for CP-style maps. If they'd given it a mark for death while active, I think it would have been a more fair balance. That would make it riskier to pull it out on anything from 100-30 HP, since minicrits have no falloff, and anything below 30 HP you're probably dead falloff or not. But by splitting the two up, they've at least opened the door for Soldier to have more than two options for melee weapons to use.

Anybody else ever notice the solemn vow and disciplinary action have ridiculously high crit rates? I've killed more with these than any other melee weapon.

Medic melee shit in general seem to have higher crit rates

Medic increases his random crit chance based on healing done, so he usually is more likely to crit than other classes who have to do damage.

I agree, it seems like a much better balancing than what we got. It's not like we haven't had high-risk, high-reward weapons before (Direct Hit).

Sure, but I'd say that any Soldier worth his salt know's what he's going to use in most fights. The "more power while near-death" seems like an awful trade-off compared to "gain speed while near-death." Compared to stock, the former is better, but not by much.

I use the DP all the time. Never leave base without it. It gives a great speedboost at the start of matches and helps Heavies get to the front faster and as you said, crits all the time. It has gotten me out of several very tight situations. If the Equalizer's fucked, at least let me keep my DP.

Honestly, it hurts. Medic is my most played and that's just because I fill. Atleast I cna shake things up by alternating between a Kirtzkrieg and your basic Uber. Any other medigun just seems like a lost cause for me.

But I do want a chance to just be a sniper or spy, my two least played classes since everyone fucking gravitates to them and only 1 in 10 matches are they ever fucking useful.
But I will admit, this game still itches a scratch that few others can, shame that so many randoms are fucking idiotic douchebags that have difficulty coping with anything other than walking in a straight line.

Blame the healslut meme.

Tejina Senpai

You got that right, ever since I got Family Business I've been using that more than my minigun in close quarters, I feel the extended clip more than makes up for the 15% damage decrease over stock, been getting pretty good results ever since.

One random fluke of success, and everyone thinks that changing to the "winning" class will somehow help.

Weapons are what really ruined the game.

Vote Heavy, unlike Pyro he just needs a few balance changes and he'll be fine, the people expecting Valve to do a complete overhaul of the Pyro's playstyle and abilities are retarded

Already did. Last I checked, there was a 10% gap, in favor of Pyro. I fear there's no winning this fight anymore.

That was my thinking too. All Heavy needs is some juice to make him less dependent on Medics and maybe a few more buffs to teleporters so the GRU isn't 100% mandatory.

When the Pyro update happens (ETA: the middle of 2018) and all he gets is a new hat, that'll be the end of TF2.

A large issue of pyro is the lack of mobilty and support. If pyro was to be redesigned, I think these should be included

Very interesting, and would be great if he was built as this originally, but unfortunately this is Valve and TF2 is at the end of its rope. He will only have his numbers tweaked and MAYBE the range on his flamethrower will be toyed with, otherwise nothing is gonna happen.

The powerjack is literally useless on any map with a slope you can start a bunnyhop on even the edges on the dirt in fucking twofort can be used to start a bhop faster than the powerjack's movespeed.

Would you guys play a micspam allowed community server in the very near future?
Mostly vanilla plugins and some good custom maps thrown in and little rulefagging besides not having a ton of people spamming simultaneously.

As long as its not run by some attention whoring underage b& who "just wants to be liked by Holla Forums and Holla Forums" like the TF2C servers were, I'd be up for that.

The more interesting debate is, when TF2 really died?
For some is with Mannconomy, for others Gun Mettle, what about you anons?

the new rocket jumper is trash

The change makes sense.
The shitty skins added in gun mettle sometimes look like the jumpers, so they needed more distinguishing features and sounds.

As the other user said, I'd be game as long as the host isn't a massive cock like Drybones was.

Also, hope it has a decent pool of players, if you depend on 8ch users it'll last a month before everyone fucks off and disappears.

Heavy mains are the single most degenerate fuckers on the face of the planet and even normal fags know it, that's why you're losing the war.

And that's literally fucking nothing compared to how cancer heavy is, he is literally a point gun in general direction class that requires zero skill to the point that steam user faggots started doing the call of duty thing of sandvitch tricks to prove how skilled they were.

Kill your self.

found the Scout main

Wrong.

You should of guessed the obvious.

Before you start playing the weapons game before degreaser and axt nerf I used degreaser flare and powerjack/backscratcher.

Now I use stock and flare. No matter how cancer reserve shooter is it was literally nothing compared to heavy, heavy creates an entire area of don't poke your head out or lose half your health, something only he can do while mobile and not requiring set up like engineer, pyro's bullshit can only be done at close range. Trying to play the you're more a degenerate than me game doesn't make you less of a degenerate.

Scout update

Sandman was beginning of the end

Play on dx8.1

lel

Medic are superior creature. Go away with your slut-meme.

and you tell me how heavies aren't in need of a fucking buff ya horseloving faggot

TF2 is like an arena shooter for little kids, retarded little kids

Shite game

Look I know you heavy mains can be a bit slow but, what's 500 divided by 2? Still enough to literally face roll anything.

Even if those limitations are as big as you think they are it's not nearly enough to not make the minigun a face melter even when heavy has to spin up. Any maybe is you use your brain for a split second you can understand the reasoning of putting a limitation on a 500 dps class that operates at a very reasonable range in a close range game.

Heavy's hockey hair is top tier, makes me look like a fat Liquid Snake.

Thanks user. You are savior.

or maybe you should stop running straight forward into a Heavy's line of fire considering how the second he's caught off-guard he goes down instantly, or how if there's at least two people shooting at him he can't kill off one before the other and dies

all your posts just make it sound like you're shit at the game, I main Solly and most of the time Heavy's go down fairly easily

I like the Minnesota Slick because of the cig

So what about engineer mains? Are they ok?

I like playing Heavy, but that's a bullshit excuse and you know it.

Overnerfed except low cost teleporters and fast dispensers.

new buildings when?

bugger off horsefucking wankstain
you definitely haven't played heavy then

Aw did I hurt your feelings user? That's ok, you can go join a 2fort server and just farm some kills as heavy to make your self feel better.

Heavy moves slower but has much better range, pyro moves faster but has terrible range.

Explain the difference.

That's the point user. I'm calling him a 2fort shitter.

Heavy

Pyro

The plog and mini gun m8.

Explain difference in relation to those two, not your laundry list of situationals.

Pyro is the most fucky of class.

They're either useless or the most effective player the game. There is zero middle ground

As awesome as it would be, it would definitely cause a lot of balance issues. Maybe a new dispenser but I'd be hard pressed to think about what other kinds of sentry that could be made, or better yet ways to set it up that the new buildings wont overshadow the stock ones, afterall people are still torn on the subject of Mini Sentries

Minigun

Phlog

Get the fuck back to reddit, you are either poor, underage or both.

That's real cute user, but my point is literally everything you said about heavy applies to the phlog.

Noise that gives it away, slow start up because taunt, really tanky so chances are you will still get some damage off, ect ect.

However, only one of these is op, why? As I previously said one moves fast but has shit range and moves slow and has ok range. So whats so bad about the fast one? Especially when the fast one's tankyness is only for a brief moment.

only while being used, and a minigun constantly needing to be revved up and making noise is not comparable to flames that shoot out instantly

except the taunt isn't required to fire the weapon

the point wasn't that it was tanky, but that it was fast and encourages Pyro to run headfirst into fights especially after the charge has been activated

Heavy just barely works as a defensive class, Pyro however works very well as an offensive one

Dirty Bomb is Futu-fuckin'-rama

currently mad comp mode is overrun with hackers. was actually having a lot of fun playing at a high level with my sortie

But you agreed phlog was op, Why? It carries a lot of what heavy is, what is the difference?

I'll tell you some difference, phlog only turns into heavy during it's crits, so that's a limited interval in which it deals the face melting damage heavy can at lower range but faster movespeed, required the pyro to more directly risk them selves with less health.

So why, pray tell, is phlog op and heavy isn't it? By all means heavy sounds better than phlog.

What a broken fucking mess, that explains everything. Gaben is a stupid fat jew.

re-read the other posts, at this point you're purposely acting retarded

Your agreed phlog was op, you gave your logic why heavy needs a buff, all of that logic applies to phlog, so why is phlog op?

It's a simple qeustion user, when phlog has crits active it follows the same ideals of heavy, it was nerfed for those very same reasons, people didn't like the fact that you could not fight phlog straight up and HAD to retreat during the taunt, but you can say the exact same thing as heavy, you sure as hell can't fight a heavy straight up, anyone with half a brain is gonna dive for cover. So why is phlog op? Explain that.

Reminder that you changed subjects to the phlog when you got confronted on Heavy's weaknesses.

except that logic doesn't apply the Phlog, as I said in

but it doesn't, Heavy's role is to be a slow powerhouse that can successfully hold areas against others, Pyro's role focuses on getting close with the flamethrower or picking off enemies/keeping distance with the flare gun

Demo and Soldier sure can, Demo especially due to grenades firing faster than rockets, and if he's out of ammo he can use stickies instead

Even when I blatantly say what I mean by ideals you're going on a tangent about class roles. Seriously nigger.

Soldier and demoman doesn't fight heavy straight up m8, they find cover and fire in and out of that cover, if they don't reach any cover they die. Still waiting for to you explain why phlog got nerfed for operating on the same principle of heavy despite less health and only in intervals.

because by your description all Heavies just run forward firing at anything that moves with normal damage comparable to criticals

Soldier and Demo don't always fight Heavy straight up, but they can kill him via a direct approach as long as their explosives connect (less important for Solly because of splash damage)

but it doesn't, as stated previously

Ok, one last time, if you can't get it this time I'm done.

Let my try to spell this out as much as possible for you.

When spins up to attack person, person dives for cover because if they don't the monster dps of the minigun will eat them.

When pyro phlog buffs on person, person runs away to get out of range so that the crits of phlog don't eat them.

In both situations the victim is forcibly giving up ground to not die, but only one is op, WHY? Explain why a weaker class with speed instead of range and a blatantly longer activation time is OP but the other is not. WHY? In fact that activation time is so long even slow classes like heavy have the time to just back up and be in position to kill the pyro before he can reach them. The point is you're on this weird double think where this concept that absolutely makes heavy what it is need buffs, but when an more limited version of it is applied to pyro, it's suddenly OP, WHY?

Because one is full critical damage with afterburn and can catch up to the opponent while the other is stuck standing there and risks revving down to catch up to the enemy, thus forfeiting their accuracy and damage and requires them to rev up again in order to fight back

Do you even play the game?

why do pyro mains ruin every discussion about anything

SOLDIER OR A DEMO?
PSSSH REFLECTS ALL DAY TELEPORTS BEHIND U NOTHIN PERSONAL KID

BUT I CANT KILL A HEAVY WITH DOWNS WHY IS THE PONY CLASS SO HARRRRRRD :^(

So pyro having to barrel into all the damage being thrown at him as he's forced to advance is op where as heavy who can fire at range just has to stop dealing damage for a brief moment, and that's horribly bad despite the fact not only does he have all the dps in the world to not care, but pyro doesn't even deal ANY damage unless he actually catches someone which requires that rampant running at people who practically had a full minute to fall back?

So the one that is most certainly going to die because he has to run at someone like a retard to even deal damage is the OP one and the other can sit comfortably to deal damage but maybe have to unspin and round a corner every now and then.

Ok, keep your double think and stay losing the war.

Oh shit I saw a Phlog Pyro taunt guide:
Scouts:
Either outrun the flames or use normal flanking to get meatshots out on the Pyro
Soldiers:
Line up your sights to knock the pyro back when the taunt is finished and either juggle him or kite him
Pyros:
Get behind him and get a good shotgun meatshot on him and then M2 him away so you can make some distance to either flee or to chip away with the shotgun
Demomen:
Place 2 or 3 stickies at the feet and detonate after the Pyro has finished taunting
Heavy:
Rev up and stay a reasonable distance away, the pushback from the minigun should be enough to take out the Pyro before he takes you out. You can also Taunt kill them for extra laughs
Engineers:
Why are you there in the first place? Sentries don't take Crit damage so you're pretty find if you dance around your buildings
Medics:
Fucking run to a teammate.
Spies:
Line up a backstab
Snipers:
Line up a headshot

Oh shit I saw a Heavy rev up guide:
Unless you're a spy or a sniper and quickly line up a one-hit kill, you run until you're either behind cover or a reasonable distance where the damage he deals becomes negligible.

While a Phlog pyro can knock you out increadibly quickly, Pyros are also easy to kite and juggle unlike the heavy. Pyros also have only moderate HP making them easy to take out should they stand still in the battle field (like, you know, to taunt).

if you use the taunt in the open then you deserve to die

yes, because the second he spins down he's at a loss for damage and is susceptible to being killed by just about any class that's faster than him, I.E. all of them. Scouts can maneuver around him doing 100 damage meatshots, Soldiers and Demos can unload enough rockets into him before he starts firing, Pyros can W+M1 and strafe around him, other Heavies can kill him if they're already revved or have more health, Snipers and Spies can pick him while he's down. The only classes that will have a reasonably tough time against a Heavy who hasn't revved up yet are the Engie and Medic, but an unrevved Heavy is bound to die to a Sentry (assuming that's why the Engineer was close by) and the Medic isn't known for picking fights with other classes stronger than him

You keep ignoring Pyro's secondaries as well as the fact that using the Phlog's taunt in full view of everyone else is an absolutely retarded move to do. Take Viaduct for instance; you aren't going to use the taunt in front of the enemy standing on the point, you're going to use it behind the rocks/walls and run forward obliterating everyone there assuming the Medic doesn't have an uber ready or that he can pop it in time

I find pyros to be the best for "supporting" a large and already successful team or a good addition or a large group concentrating on a CP or payload. He's utter shit for lone wolfing and his afterburn and puffing projectiles and extinguishing makes him a good sidekick and nothing more.

when is the comic going to come out

So what's the game equivalent of The Cleveland Show?

I like being a medic because I can help my team even if I shoot my teammates
c:

september

you're lying

battleborn

I play a lot of custom weapon servers, Ive seen a few good ideas tossed around

Sentry
>-20% building health
There was a wrench that made sentry's that shot rockets at level one, and bullets finally at level three. They moved at direct hit speeds, and fired at lvl2-3 a bit faster then wrangled sentry rockets.

Combined with a wrangler, you could sentry jump multiple times, and survive a fair amount of stickyspam.

Dispenser
>Cannot place Dispenser
>Does not dispense metal

You had issues with people building LVL 3s on last, and trying to shotgun their way through problems, but it did see some interesting combos, widowmaker being a popular one. However, you lost the healing when your sentry went down, which made it make the engineer play aggressively, but the sentry play passively.

Teleporter
>Cannot carry buildings through teleporter
>+20% Build time

This one was fun. You could hide a tele behind enemy lines, and as long as people were intelegent about it, you would have a forward spawn that the enemy team could not find. The tele couldn't be sapped so a spy couldnt ruin all the fun, only shoot down a entrance or exit, not both.

Poorly disguised bump since I actually am interested in seeing how a TF2 thread continues here.

Also, why do people insist on doing Demoknight when Sticky\'nade launcher is always a better option to help out the team effort?

You may have explained that reasoning, but you'll never be able to explain how the most OP weapon in the game, the Sun on a Stick, recently got a buff, while its main competitor, the Quick Fix, was nerfed, you big dum-dum!

Because Demoknight is fun.

Well it used to be, when he had Demoknight weapons that you could use to kill people with. But now the Tide Turner and all the swords were thrown under a bus there's no reason to ever pick him.

the only good thing they did right is the zatoichi and the splendid screen, i mean fuck why would you gimp a fun sub-class into complete mediocrity when it is pretty much good the way it is? Valve is such a fuck up and this shit proves that the TF2 team have 0 idea what the fuck are they doing, and it all started since fucking gunmettle, fuck that update

oh dont forget the caber
R.I.P THE FUCKING CABER

We've found it. This is the least controversial thing someone could say about TF2.

It might be the most widely-agreed statement on the internet.

well sorry for preaching the choir over there, but people only realized that after MyM even though it already happened since Gun Mettle,that shitty attempt to add another market of skin based economy to TF2 was a major red flag of what retards over at the TF2 team are cooking up

I never fucking understood why they added a deploy time debuff to the fucking thing. The weapon is fucking hilarious, why would they ruin the classic joy of sticking jumping onto someones head and bashing them in with a grenade? I mean, I usually only did it when I gave up since I couldn't do it right without dying, but still the weapon wasn't amazing gamechanger as far as I knew, it was just fun.

Where do you shitters come from? I don't care for fagblaster but it wasn't him who killed TF2C excitement, it was gr8stalin. His no-fun-allowed attitude (as expected) backfired but fagblaster took the blame only because fagblaster upset butthurt furries and faggots alike. Then TF2C's development was taken over from its original creator and its last updates killed any enthusiasm, but its death started with gr8stalin.

Before gr8stalin everyone was looking for a stable server, but the population of Holla Forums people playing alone was enough to fill two servers and more so let's say 48+ at moderate peak. Once his server came up the first thing people wanted was the same server mods and maps fagblaster and the other server hosts had. Gr8stalin only added the bare minimum.

The map rotation on gr8stalin's server was painfully stale. As time went on there were only enough people playing to fill his server and a handful on fagblasters. When less people started to join that's when he caved and started adding things people wanted. He would constantly tweak things to ensure only the bare minimum of what people wanted was allowed.

Fagblaster got a new server and everyone left gr8stalin's, nobody went back. Fun was allowed again and it would peak ocassionally but the future of the mod was in the hands of the dev team. Once it was taken over in a coup, it killed any hopes for the mod, especially because the last thing people wanted was more of TF2 and the plan the new TF2C team had was to add all unlocks and cosmetics. The last nail in the coffin came when they released pointless updates.

I'll reiterate, you don't have to like fagblaster, you can even claim all day that the furry drama killed the normalfag population - and even then you will have to willfully deny that there were tons of servers for normalfags and furries to play on - but gr8stalin's vision of a server killed Holla Forums's enthusiasm. With the only stable server, he imposed his less is more policy and the population quickly stagnated and declined. By the time fagblaster got a new server the damage was already done. Gr8stalin proved that even in gaming communism doesn't fucking work. And I'm going to be fair and remind you that even though TF2C was what it was, it was still a flavor of the month game. People were going to lose interest eventually. But at least with fagblaster things felt fresh and he was willing to add new things to keep people interested. With gr8stalin's thinking, Holla Forums's enthusiasm would have died before the mod team made their coup. If something like TF2C ever came up again I would hope someone like him hosts at least one server so I can say I had fun.

Heavy because pyro mains are furries/bronies/retarded/all three and annoying as fuck.

While Heavy mains are people who only play the class because they get easy kills.

Maining a class is gay. Competitive fags can go suck a dick.

o i am laffin
W+M1 has gotten insanely effective since the falloff change, if a pyro so much as sneezes on me half my fucking health is gone and then you've got bullshit like flamethrower mojo so some gibus with 300 ping can hit me with invisible flames from across the map. I don't know how many times I've killed a pyro only to catch on fire 2 seconds later.

Demo is supposed to be weak at close range, caber changes that. Also because demo can fly into medics and one shot them.

There are no heavy mains, just people with friends who are medic mains

For a single use, then he's shit again until he revisits spawn one way or another which in most cases requires a noticeable timesink. I feel that having a weapon good for once per life on average is fair, considering it also does a sizeable chunk of damage to its user which makes him a prominent target to the enemy team.

Also, with shit like the Loch and Load and that Iron Bomber if a demo catches you alone deck is stacked in his favor even if he isn't a Demoknight, Caber or not. I still stand by how it was a novelty item that didn't require a nerf as it did

That's never an issue, demo only uses melee as a last resort and guaranteed kill > 65 damage. That's what made caber dumb, demo overextends or wastes his ammo and he's rewarded with a free kill?

Both weapons can't one shot. Caber could.

I got matched on the other side of the planet yesterday and tried this. It's fucking hilarious. People shot me in the face and nothing happened and the flamethrower range was insane. They started turtleing with engies because of it.

The caber can oneshot Snipers, Spys, and Scouts as it can't crit . If any of them let a Demo get close enough to use a fucking Caber they deserve what happens to them. Any other class with survive the 130-138 damage. Yes it's a lot but at the same time the Demoman needs to get way out of position and is launched high enough to take fall damage. It's not a weapon that anyone would use in a 'serious' game, and it was nerfed for what I continue to think of as no good reason.

man I do want to go back to this game but recently it just plays like hot ass.
like it will be stuttering around and then there will be floating cosmetics all over the place and even if I power through that some people will not change colour even though they got team swapped.
I swear I never had these problems until recently.

You know the scout is supposed to get close to the demo, right?

gee whiz if only demo had a way to do that

It did 180 damage get your shit straight, enough to one shot anything other than a soldier.
youtube.com/watch?v=ixfe1ATSpWE

It was used quite frequently in HL for easy med picks.
youtube.com/watch?v=4-GPWZK-Ad4

Being demoknight is the best. You run around with huge killstreaks, dominate multiple players and farm salt from all corners of the game.

It truly is the greatest feeling.

Pyro, cause I like playing Pyro.

Personally I like using the homewrecker since I like helping engis

Remember, all friendlies play as heavy so that they can heal opponents with sandwich.Which is worse?

Kek

You've missed the point.

It's not about how easy the class is. It's about how insanely boring it is.

You can talk all you want about how easy you think Pyro has gotten, but it doesn't matter because Pyro players have the excuse that the class is legitimately fun.

Airblast grants you so many airshot opportunities, reflect adds the entire projectile range in the game to your arsenal, getting that crit sound when you land hits with the flares is extremely satisfying that doing so with reflected projectiles even more so. Not to mention finding ways of destroying sentry nests in instances where most people would just switch to demoman can be quite fun.

What does Heavy have? The entire classes complexity is to point your crosshair at someone until they are dead.

That's it, there's no way you can expect me to believe anyone would derive enjoyment from a class that simple, unless they are merely deriving enjoyment from the fact that are getting lots of kills and nothing more.

I'm not even a Heavy main, and I know how dead wrong that is.

As a Heavy, you're a big fucking target. Even though the Heavy is a tank, unless he has a medic shoving his medigun up his asshole, and even still, he has to worry about positioning, when to get the fuck out, and prioritizing targets.

You mean things every class has to do? How does this make Heavy any more fun to play exactly?

That's not going to change, Valve can't effectively combat hackers because they don't want to put any real work into VAC and so Steam as a platform gets more and more restrictive instead. They thought the enforced two-factor authentication would deter hackers and CS:GO matchmaking is every bit as clogged up as it was before.

(1)

Medic gets crit chance ramp up from healing and damage his heal target does. So he has a ridiculously high crit chance, melee weapons with a reduced fire rate have a reduction to their crit chance through tick calculation. It's weird but like most people use the ubersaw, but it technically has an overall reduced chance to fuck someone with 195 damage swing because of how critical hits are calculated on the server.

Fun fact this is why in mods like 10x the basic knife will do the alternative swing so often, the critchance is ramped up to fuckedous levels.

Believe me, OW will be that obnoxious game shoving memes into your a-throat.

No one watches those videos, how does he move the camera?

Now where did I put that video of the pyro going full assberguers and lighting gabe newell.

Fucker can be useful in ctf.

The real question is, which one is American Dad?

When the artist dies and they'll just show his/her incomplete shit.

Why they didn't add a new melee focused class?

I'd love to use this but I'm soul-bound to the homewrecker because I'm afraid of the prospect of one day having to stare at a sapper destroying an engineer's shit that I could have removed if I had the homewrecker
even though I rarely get the opportunity to use it and more often kill people with it anyway

engy also get high crit chance because of his sentry's damage adding up to his crit chance ramp up

He's a fucking tank, he's got heavy firepower, and he can keep on dishing out constant hits.

Besides, those things are further emphasized when playing as him because he's got a big hitbox and he's slow as fuck

I have never played this game.

Should I get it?

try casual out, it's still playable, you're 5 years late though.

Well this game didn't seem interesting, it looks cartoony and childish.

Just wondering what the hype is all about.

The game is 9 years old.
The cartoony bit works very well because of distinct silhouettes and personality they give off.

Because most people will choose a hitscan weapon over melee / projectile secondary (see: the flying guillotine)

This is why you should use the server browser. Muh disabled autobalance is a terrible idea if it is even disabled between rounds, since one person quitting can lead to a chain reaction where players have to take on a team twice their size.

Yeah, but if they add him a shield as a secondary and projectile as primary, nevermind valve wouldn't give a shit.

100% accurate
why are burn victims who burn people an attractive choice for furries?