Parodying walking Stimulators

One day someone will make a parody of progressive Hipster Art games. Gaming Journalists will give it game of the year awards without realizing they were being made fun of.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s120Zlpsnrhf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The idea's been rattling around in the back of my mind since Gone Home came out, but I've never come up with the "perfect" execution for it so I haven't bothered yet.

t. /agdg/

Just make like a straight hallway that never ends no matter what direction you go in and have some voiceover saying pretentious shit cut into segments and randomized for every playthrough.

After exactly one hour of procedurally generated pretension, the door leading out of the next room has "THE END" written on it. You open the door, and on the other side is a mirror. The protagonist's face is a clipboard with a random Tumblr gender written on it (different each game).
The game doesn't actually close, and you have to Alt-F4 out of it.

The stanley parable is literally this.

it takes a bit of a shot at everything

A standing simulator

A trucking simulator with dating and eroge elements call Raging Semi

It'll just be a average walking simulator unless you get really devoted to making sure that nobody will mistake it due to Poe's Law or otherwise.

Irony is shaky business.

No, what you do is make a walking sim, but hide a very small secret that turns it into a good fps. Where you kill gays, and niggers, and jews. Sjws will buy it lol, sjws dont buy games, play it and not know about the secret. Then the news comes out that its a racist, homophobic game and youve got their money already.

THIS
Make it only accessible through console commands or something.

No, it has to be offically in the gamel just in a way that sjws have a really hard time finding it. You also have to have a twitter and act like an sjw to promote your game, then either act surprised that stuff was in the game or go full Holla Forums.

Accessible through gameplay.

user, the next generations will grow up in such a "correct" and dumbed down enviroment thye won't be able to understand what a parody is…..

Those who do would be sent to re-education camps

EmptyHero books were supposed to be a joke, not a guide book

So have something quite a distance from where you're supposed to go, and have it so that you have to aim at a very small spot in order to unlock the ability to jump/sprint/crawl/etc. (assuming you can only walk or jog), and you have to go through a maze of vents through the ceiling (assuming it's in an office building or something). Then have a puzzle too complicated for hipsters to handle, and then start the actual fun.

Why isn't someone working on this?

A lot of walking simulators are pretty much parodies of themselves.
I used to think Passage was a parody.

Run&Jump. Pretty certain it died like every other Holla Forums project, though.

Looks like that series of flash games i played years back.

vocaroo.com/i/s120Zlpsnrhf
They even had a theme song going

Holla Forums couldn't even get a walking simulator going? Really?

We just wanna play video games, man.