Space engineers thread

Would Holla Forums be interested if someone were to set up a server for Space Engineers?

We would need to decide what kind of start we wanted. Such as a start on Earth, Mars or is space. Also we could decide some mods or go straight vanilla.

Would any of you anons be interested?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/8vengi#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone at all?

I haven't played the game since I got it back in 2014. It looks like its got some decent updates and might be fun with some other people.

Yeah, sure I'd be interested.

Alright cool.

Well. I wanna see if we can get more. I think we can have up to 20 players?

Is multiplayer actually fixed?
Do rotors still explode? Do pistons still shake your ships apart?
Do landing gears explode at the smallest contact?

Multiplayer does work and is fixed.

Rotors do not explode and pistons don't shake your ship apart.

Landing gears have been fixed a long time ago and don't explode.

When did this happen because Keen has been saying rotors and pistons and landing gears have been fixed for a year now.

I think it was fixed in the last 6 months. I haven't played in a while so I can't find the fix.

If I am wrong. Then I am. I never used rotors or pistons myself.

Yeah you are, I'm not trying to be an ass, I would love to play but Keen has fucked up immensely.
Rotors and Pistons despite 6+ fixes to them still fuck up 50% of the time which is usually 100% of the time for multiplayer.

Its one of the reasons I have trouble playing this game, is that the only blocks that offer actual engineering are the most broken.

Sure.

I only play autistic multiplayer building games solo, because muh autism. I'll lurk and vicariously leech off of your disgusting social interaction, though.

My current autismo situation is sitting in my ship with all non-essential systems powered down save for the refinery, waiting to see if I crash-landed somewhere the sun will eventually rise.
While looking for uranium, I gathered enough materials to build quite a few solar panels and a battery or two, but didn't find a single scrap of uranium.

So you would play but be secluded somewhere?

I was partially joking. I'm not usually inclined to play multiplayer survival games, because I feel like it either makes them too easy, or takes away that feeling of you versus the universe.
If I played on a SE server, I'd probably set up some kind of solo speciality mining operation, with my only real interaction with others being occasional trade runs.

We had a Holla Forums group for this. It was active during the last free weekend but kinda died after that.

Yes. This game was fun for a bit but I would love to play with you fags.

We had a server for a bit but it kinda died. I last remember I was up till 5am building with some fags, we just tore down our bade that had started to spin because we forgot to bolt it to the ground.

So how does one get into this game? I've done the tutorials but when I start a new scenario I just get thrown in into a giant base with no fucking direction on what to do. Seems to me Lone Survivor is my best bet but then I really have no idea what my priorities are. I take it this game is meant for multiplayer right?

As OP, I will start a game right now if anyone is interested. First and foremost, we need to start somewhere. Where do you guys want to start? Do we have factions or play under one banner? Survival, right? How fast do we want for welding, grinding, and mining?

It's complex minecraft in space. You can play it solo or with others. As for a first time player I'd recommend the Asteroids scenario. Fly your ship to the nearest large asteroid and park it in orbit. Then proceed to cannibalize your ship and build a station.

On top of this. I can set up a dedicated server but it won't let me set a password. So we have to get a steam group going so we can keep out randos.

Do we have a steam group for space engineers?

Holla Forums8 Engineers was the old one.

I don't know if anyone on there still plays.

Got a link?

steamcommunity.com/groups/8vengi#

Any idea on a good place to find crafting recipes to build shit with? I mean the in game 'g' menu is nice but information for the stuff I need to make the basic components like solar cells is missing. I really don't like to alt tab and search the wiki.

It tells you everything in game and what is needed.

bump

Two questions before I download that piece of crap again:
Is performance fixed?
Is multiplayer fixed?