ElDewrito: Make Halo Online Great Again

Recent News

Anvil Online is still dead, JewJew has fallen off the cliff again so he's not around, and Dio has seized JewJew's map rotations in retaliation.

WHEN DO WE PLAY?

Dio Hosting Friday 12PM EST — Saturday ?AM EST, Saturday ? — ?, Sunday ? — ?

=What is Halo Online?==

Halo Online is a free-to-play shooter developed by Saber Interactive and published by Innova Co. S.a.r.l, in association with 343 Industries. It is currently undergoing beta testing, and is exclusive to Russia and Windows OS. The game runs on a modified version of the Halo 3 engine, and includes gameplay additions such as sprint, assassinations, tactical packages, and more. The official website is here, and the official social media page is here.

What is ElDewrito?

Two days after the initial announcement of Halo Online, an early build of Halo Online was leaked from the official website. This build differs from the official game in that it contains Forge mode, Halo 3's menus, and various Halo 3 assets (though not Campaign or Theater). ElDewrito is a mod which makes Halo Online playable for all, and includes changes and additions such as English menus and HUD, support for medal/announcer packs, a server browser, and more. Its name is a play on the name of Halo Online's original executable, eldorado.exe.

Where can I download it?

mega.nz/#!M4VkzCJb!Y2JwWIrAPm8yHVyxWImU4asq23uQoY7GWFFWLHWEg3o (Full)

mega.nz/#!05kEGBBA!f-CGZGqPhPDwXvW-M4vCg0FpbxUWDoxGs8y_JcxcXWU (Torrent)

What are the system requirements of Halo Online?

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (or AMD equivalent)

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9600GT (or AMD equivalent)

Storage: 4 GB hard disk space

Internet: Broadband

Who Hosts?

JoJo hosts a listen server and Dio hosts a dedicated server. Hosting is very easy as all you need to do is open ports 11775 (TCP) 11774 & 9987 (UDP). In the ingame menu, navigate to Multiplayer and select Online instead of Offline. Use the F11 In Game Server Browser to check if you're online.

Faggy Zombie Games For Host: mega.nz/#!msFXFazQ!U8C59dubuOmy7PYZR6vK3WfBYolGQrSekCMS7SMGm1Y

Faggy Comp Games For Host: mega:///#!W0Yj0ZqI!rYLKbVcY_Wz70WegXMonmLNI0-sgtCSEvxebd28F4ns

REQUIRED MODS (JoJo's Server only)

FlatGrass: mega.nz/#!PNdBiR6D!HtA1JHy2U1PQzDhGrOILH2wToYqez-jJ_YjJuSQGh3c

Just guide installer to your Halo Online Folder where you launch the game

(Plebbit Install Tutorial for Flat Grass imgur.com/a/Pnk6e)

OPTIONAL MODS

Make your Halo Great Again

Halo 3 HUD

github.com/Alex-231/Halo3HUD-for-HaloOnline/archive/V1.8.2.zip (Needs Fix with a .dll you paste in main folder here eldewrito.github.io/update/0.5.1.1/HUD Mod Fix.zip)

Halo 3 Weapons

jii.moe/NJddE4k8Z.zip

Halo 3 Armor

jii.moe/EJTgTsNW-.zip

MY ARMOR WONT SAVE

Make the dewrito_prefs file Read Only after you setting up your spartan.

I CANT HEAR AFTER HOST CRASHED

You must exit out of the game and come back in to fix VOIP.

Why should I care?

Because fucking around with your Holla Forumsirgin buddies even in a "shit" video game is still fun.

BABY I CAN SEE YOUR HALOOOOOO

PRAY IT DON'T FADE AWAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY

Halo is fucking gay but I'll try this since it's free and it looks like pretty much only Holla Forums plays it

Holla Forums makes it fun.
ensure someone has moonman on ready too

It's pretty much Halo 3 Customs on PC, the server rotation has the old great shit on it (Drive or Die, Termites, THE TRAIN, Trashman) that had me log weeks of playtime into Halo 3.

Do people micspam? I have some Moonman plus other stuff.

Yes, it is possible to micspam in Halo Online.

Halo?
No even for free

kys

I may play later tonight. I'm having tons of fun with Pikmin 2

You still fucked up the OP you cunt, I even gave you the files you nigger.

The faggot who made this had ONE FUCKING JOB

I took your old OP you gave me in the Discord channel.

Fixed the Duck Hunt gamemode on the server very quickly, apparently the map folder I had coded the gamemode to route to on votemap was going to a folder in variants that didn't actually exist.

I also did some small round tweaks to prevent some gamemodes (Fatkid, DRIVE OR DIE) from overstaying their welcome.

What version of Halo do you use? I don't want to update it through the launcher if you use an older version. Also, can I assume jojo uses the same version as dio?

We are using the current version 0.5.1.1 to play on.

Is the server populated?

It's been fluctuating all day, feel free to contribute to the playercount by rounding up a comrade or two.

torrenting tonight. never played it before. will fuck around tomorrow.

Woodsman might be playing tomorrow

He's only got two days off so shitposting with Holla Forums has to be calculated into maximum enjoyment throughout the day

I'm probably going to take down the server for tonight and put it back up later, there just hasn't been a good consistent amount of players through the day.

Bumping thread for later today so it won't 404 between then.

Actually I just noticed the server is at 9/16, so I'll leave it up instead of taking it down overnight.

Fuck it, the only people there are two BRs who just want to dick around with vehicles rather than actually play Halo which they could easily make a private forge lobby to do instead of wasting server time.

Server back up and online for the day, go have fun

I'm continuing to host the server, come in and join for fun.

Okay

Hey how do you set VoIP to toggle instead of hold?

Go to VOIP settings in the launcher, turn off push to talk and turn the activation threshold all the way down (or all the way up, its probably all the way down though).

Server crashed methinks

Shit it's not working either way

Server is still online, couple of people who decided to pick the same old Team Snipers shit.

Ah man, now VoIP isn't responding to capslock at all, push to talk or otherwise.

Disregard, I am officially retarded

Anyone playing tonight

Server filled with some faggots finally, might be gud

Yeah got a few

That wasn't so bad without our beloved leader

You take that back of my glorious leader

Is there any progress on Player vs. AI?

I haven't even heard a single thing about player vs AI. I did see some WIP of Spartans vs Elite gamemodes though.

Also the server is going up for the final time this weekend, if you haven't gotten your fill of Halo yet don't miss out.

Server going down doe the final time this weekend.

To everyone that came out, hope you had fun, to everyone who didn't make it there's other opportunities to come out and play.