Tfw you are not 'that guy' in your circle of friends that played WoW and it ruined mmorpgs for them

Tfw you are not 'that guy' in your circle of friends that played WoW and it ruined mmorpgs for them

"That Guy" tries it and just keeps going "w-when are we raiding? whats progression like? why isnt everyone looking for raid teams?!?"

"That Guy" tries it and demands to know "hows raiding and pvp?" and doesnt even say anything after logging out when hes told it lacks WoW's "stay in one instance for a year on repeat" none content structure.

This cycle has kept going as he worked his way through everything till he told us "Wildstar will save the hardcore raiders!" because he has been completely conditioned to see mmorpgs as "one raid per year you do on repeat" and for him that is an mmorpg. Not a world, not exploration, not making or finding rare things. Just fighting the same half a dozen bosses in round or square empty rooms and that seems like the saddest thing in the world. But i guess if hes having fun more power to him.

But man am i glad i just enjoy my games as virtual worlds rather than living this cycle of frustration like 'That Guy' does.

What about you, are you stuck in his cycle or do you actually enjoy your online games as one of the 'archetypes' of traditional playstyles like 'crafters', 'rare hunters' and so on?

FF14 is the same shit except younger in its turd timeline.

it's heading down the same raid

raiding is boring but so is FFXIV. It's gameplay is slow paced as fuck with the long Global cooldown.

same direction*

FFXIV is the same garbage as WoW. Fuck off weeb. Just because you like ebin Final Fantasy doesn't make you superior to your friend. You both have shit taste.

>don't expect anything to be like wow not even modern wow

Speaking of Tree of Savior how it is now? I've played the beta a long while ago and I liked it but I remember hearing somewhere that it's extremely pay2win or that you need to invest some money into it something like that.

Running a raid guild just hammered into my head that I don't want to be a manager in my day job, much less a manager of autists and catladies without recompense.

Shitpost harder faggot. I'm not the one playing MMORPGs. Go back to roleplaying as your catgirl and stop acting superior just because your shit taste is different from your friend's, final faggot.

Nice to know you a rational human being who lets words on a web page hurt his feelings. Keep going, i'm sure you can convince us you arent mad.

TFW you're an AusFag and no MMO has local servers so everything has 200+ lag and it completely ruins the experience for you.

I loved FFXIV but dodging out of danger zones the second they're visible and still getting hit makes me want to weep.

No user. You are 'that guy'

Being an AfricaFag is way better then because I can play in EU servers with like 70 ping. too bad new games are starting to make it impossible to play if you don't use a proxy/vpn though.

Fug

Do you ever talk to your friends in a jokey way about being "weeb human trash"?
You might be "That guy".

You you female of a numale?

Aren't most players composed of 'that guys', though? Most players I know of any video games don't play the game because they enjoy it. They play because the game gives them something shiny to show they have "progressed."

Sounds more like they have depression.

why don't you just go outside if you want to kill giant monsters?

Maybe he wants to be a potato?

Sandbox is the new MMORPG, and VR will bring the popularity and fun back to MMORPGs (when it's, you know, affordable)

Find me a single person like that who wasn't dropped on their head as a baby.

I touched WoW once and never picked it up again. I got bored immediately. Looking back, this was for the best.

This guy legit told me that you couldn't judge the WoW expansions before playing them because you "never know what the developer's were thinking or what their vision is".

i have an entire pastebin from a conversation with a blizzdrone who defended every single thing they did with overwatch

censorship, diversity virtue signaling marketing, the pandering, etc.

literally all of it. do you want?

To be fair, I agree that you shouldn't fully judge something before it's out, but isn't this their like 6th expansion? Can't you tell what they're vision (how pretentious) is based off the last 5.

I can already tell what the censorship thing is going to be. Tell me how many.

No. I already spend all day with these people. I know what it's like.

It's Friday. I'm going to go find something to remind me of why I love video games instead of feeling bitter over the tastes that other people have.

probably good. it would put you in a shit mood. even when i presented the twink fucker with proof that they were being fucking marxist jews and literally milking the market by making the game, he moved the goalpost and made it about me instead, then about how every game has it so it isn't a big deal, etc.

literally fucking pathetic. like people can't even engage in a discussion with the intent to have a point of view shift if they are presented with a critical line of thought

Tell me anyway. Let me feel the pain. Hurt me more.