Name one good film that has come out in the last 2 years

name one good film that has come out in the last 2 years

Other urls found in this thread:

ethcombo.com/?i=60426
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not a good film though. Holy fuck Holla Forums

I had fun watching thor ragnarok.

Not every movie needs to be some deep perfectly crafted story to be enjoyable you bitter bitch.

Trash and more trash

Look like complete shit

Ok, Holla Forums. You got me there.

It was terrible but it was fun. It's like the only capeshit i've seen that actually seems to have fun with the material and isn't just formulaic garbage. I wouldn't watch it again but the experience of seeing it was fun in like a roller coaster sort of way

[spoiler]Sad[spoiler]!

The Lobster
Hard To be A God
The Tribe
Personal Shopper
Manchester By The Sea
The Neon Demon
Zoology
Nocturnal Animals
Silence
The Handmaiden
Loveless
Good Time
The Killing of a Sacred Deer

And this is from being lazy and only watching a film every four weeks or so. Feel free to tear these apart but I thought these were very enjoyable.

My melanin enriched gentleman.

That is my point. People get so far up their own asses they can't actually enjoy anything.

Hell half these fags calling it shit will point to some 2deep4u shit they think is film mastery because they made a extremely obvious subplot.

Movies can just be fun at times. If you only accept perfection well enjoy your library of three movies.

Ant Man was pretty good too.

I really enjoyed Happy Death Day this year. My favorite horror since Cabin in The Woods and Tucker and Dale vs Evil.

this

Holla Forums is nothing but contrarianism where liking or appreciating something is automatically wrong

I forgot about Ant-Man but that was kinda enjoyable as well. Both of these movies are just fun throwaways to bad out the time between the major shitshows so they get made by people who care and the studio doesn't get involved. These are real popcorn movies. People often use that term to describe garbage and justify them liking it but a popcorn flick is something you just watch once and enjoy the ride and that's the end of it.

never mind me, I actually like watching movies
I'd have included Fast and Furious, Daddy's Home 2 except you'd think I'm baiting

I was really surprised by Only The Brave. I didn't want to see it but it was pretty good for what it was. I'd actually recommend it. Miles Teller is even good in it.

inb4 user who doesn't go outside claims Detroit is bait

John Wick 2 wasn't that bad, if you don't compare it to the first one.

all of these films I thoroughly enjoyed (except Detroit which is just up there because it was well-made). The only one I expected to be good was Stronger, the rest were surprises like most films. This is why I just watch every single film that comes out rather than listening to criticism before making a decision.

In terms of jackie movies, how good is Foreingner?

Drag Me To Hell is kino horror as well.

It's a pretty serious movie and Jackie comes off as a scary psychopath

There is a place for popcorn flicks but if you only talk about and enjoy popcorn flicks people are going to rightfully call you a pleb. I wouldn't fault someone for eating

Holy shit fuck off back to Reddit. There isn't some dearth of good movies. There are a wealth of excellent indie movies from this decade you could be watching instead. Or just work on literally thousands of great films on your backlog.

Literally one of the dumbest films i've ever had the displeasure of seeing
>>>/reddit/

What the fuck, why

I forgot battle of the sexes came out. Ive been kinda wanting to see that.

Trying too hard those are all bad

The Lobster started off good, but the second half was fucking boring and the end was retarded.

I didn't think it was as serious as New Police Story. It'd be nicer to see Jackie do a more light hearted film but it's just nice to see him on the big screen again. Haven't seen him in anything for years apart from that Netflix abomination with Johnny Knoxville.

It's exactly how you'd expect. I'd recommend seeing it on a weekday night, it's a Monday kind of movie. Cute lesbian romance, fun moments with Bobby Riggs, not heavy or harsh in any way, and an uplifting ending.

Daddy's Home 2 had a lot of good laughs. Helps that I love every actor in that movie and Mel Gibson was the highlight of the film.
I enjoy every Fast and Furious. If you accept that it's just mindless bullshit and fun you'll appreciate that it's the most consistently 'good' franchise there is. I accept that might mean I have shit taste with regard to real films but I unironically (and partially ironically for the corny 'family' shit) love these movies and have made a point if seeing every single one since Fast Five

WRONG

technically came out in 2015 fam, though it is absolute kino

wasn't bad but wasn't particularly good either

pick both

I count 3

2017 is the current year though

what year was it exactly two years ago?

2015. checkmate, bitch.

checkmate feminists

Many good movies the last two years

But dude. It's about a robot who kills a robot who meets up with a robot who searches for some more robots until some other robots show up and then they beep boop beep until another robot scene happens.

LAYERED

Hardcore Henry

Hateful 8
Trumbo
The Revenant
Kingsman

literal niggerfaggot

The Founder was pretty comfy but holy shit did that guy jew the McDonald's brothers. Also they finally brought back my McTendies but they've been of stock for 3 weeks i only got to try them once.

Founder was garbage

I thought Founder was a bit too heavy. Went in expecting a comfy McDonald's flick funded by McDonald's but it was the complete opposite. How was Imperium? Don't think it even came to Dublin

This happenend thousands of times in history. Some people are too dumb to see the greater thing, others have just tough luck.

Trumbo was utter shit and you're a bad person. Bryan Cranston has long overstepped his boundaries as an actor and it's uncomfortable to watch him in that role. And putting that aside it was a terrible film, I've never seen a film with Louis CK in it that was good

Wrong.

The ending makes sense in my mind. The whole film is about how awful dating is and the sacrifices we make sometimes to avoid being alone.

Alien Isolation was fucking garbage, Aliens was the last gasp of the franchise.

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

I'll second Everest. American Sniper was alright.

thats a game you dip

he's right Killing of a Sacred Deer was one of the worst films of 2017, soulless, vacuous garbage

Trumbo wasn't that bad imo but CK was just utter shit.

ok buddy

Martian was fun to watch. I like the Tarantino films for their music and their art styles.

NO

How am I meant to keep up with all these retarded unimaginative names for endless rapes of the film

Not my fault if you don't get Lanthimos

shit thread maybe 3 4 good movies

What do you expect Holla Forums is packed with plebs who trash capeshit and disney flicks but like redditcore cinema themselves

I'm shitposting it because OP is clearly a basic bitch troll.

YES

La La Land

Thread Theme

I can't either

Arrival was shit

Im pretty sure the only people that watched Imperium were Holla Forumsacks.

Arrival is the Primer of ayykinos.

you've probably only seen max 5 of the movies posted. Your NEET opinion doesn't matter.

Blade Runner 2049.

why did Nicole Kidman and the daughter lay like a plank when they wanted to get fucked?
if so then why did they act autistic outside of that in literally every character interaction?

I saw maybe the first 40% of Arrival at a friend's house, had to leave, and later came back and saw about two minutes near the end where a buddy described it as she knows how to speak the alien language so she can think and act outside of linear time which sounded fucking dumb and turned me off the film. Does it make sense when watched entirely? Is it worth seeing the whole way through?

heh

I was drunk as fuck so I don't remember, but I understood it at the time and it made sense. It was just stupid and pointless though, there was no emotional impact or mindbending aspect to the twist like a Shyamalan film, it was just a twist for the sake of making their plot more complicated

women are sexier when they're not moving or breathing

Fixed.

He's right though, this thread is full of shit.

It's premise is interesting (exploring theories concerning language and understanding) but in practice it was not brilliant. The low-fi aesthetic was nice but not used to its full potential.

kys emmafag.

You're a fucking autistic piece of shit lol

I'm just memeing bro.

dubs, so true

Okay, checked

What really happened that night, Holla Forums?

Rude. KYS is a dead meme. Because the ppl that say it irl are usually the uttermost plebtier junkie/druggie dudebros/wiggers.

Baby driver was a solid flick.
Bully me

2016 was a pretty good year for WWE in general, but I particularly enjoyed this show because Bliss won the title

We are not IRL are we?

Why do you think Emma became a feminist user? 🤔

People say kill yourself in real life?

No. I was just reminding you. Carry on.

I will not.

Why is Holla Forums the worst board?

Yes. They do.

I say it all the time

I love when a literal autistic person calls other people autistic for hating them. It's quite funny really.

better than Holla Forums

Dumb fucking hick

Why is Holla Forums the worst website?

People i dont like are still here that is why

you have autism and you call other people autistic on the internet. it is quite funny, speaking frankly

I only remember that show because AJ ripped his pants.

The Circle and The Bling Ring were good and about the only watchable films Watson has been in since Harry Potter.

It was 200% reddit

Because everyone who actually likes films is on /film/, Holla Forums is just shitposting and politisperging

Its a list of things, so here it goes:
They started with a brown necktie, proceeded with a david copperfield, then flooding the cave and last pulling an Alaskan Fire Dragon

I don't though, learn to not take the bait

Not an argument

Reminder this what Holla Forums finds attractive

oh yeah, that was pretty good too

Literally who?

This thread is a dumpster fire

what did he mean by this?

Glad to see Holla Forums getting back to normal now that NuWars is dying down.

New Thread Theme

Why was it trashed, anons?

It was bloated and didn't do enough with the end as a payoff

Listen here you lil shit tell me what you didn't like. Probably got all but rattled about Kevin spacey tupical

It was along the same vein as Brotherhood of the Wolf, I can see it getting a cult following

LOOPER
ethcombo.com/?i=60426

is that you, Nick?

completely forgot about that one. That was a wonderful film. I'd rank it just below Dangal for 2017.

2015 was 3 years ago fag

best kino

please report to the auschwitz re-education camp immediately for processing

Reddit the movie

2017 - 3 = 2014

It wasn't really that great. It started off really well but then kind of dragged. It didn't deserve a trashing though. I'd give it a 6/10.

Are you retarded? 2 years ago was 2015!

meant for

I saw the foreigner the other day.

1. Does jackie chan kill people in his other movies or fire guns non comedically?
2. Jackie chan getting old they tried tried to compensate it by making the kicks and punches feel more forceful and shortening the action scenes not good
3. I dont give a shit about your pseudo isis standin of the ira. We already know europe is cucked leave it be
4. Shows mass surveillance is pretty awful and how they can zoom in on everything and the gov. Has a camera in jackies kitchen
5. The book is called the chinaman in the movie hes called the chinaman the movie is called the foreigner not good
6. I didnt give a shit about any character besides chan. And I fucking hate the irish

2/5

SOON

👍

Away. It came out in 2016

Your move, OP
The rest are shit or almost-there like Manchester By The Sea
Also The Foreigner for good old action joints

Blade Runner 2049.
I was as skeptical as anybody else, but it was actually well done.

In technical aspects, it was an excellent film worth noting often
In terms of everything else for it to be enjoyable as a fan and/or a story-focused viewer, it was a catastrophe
AKA it was shit and it stinks more profusely because it had potential

bump of christmas past

Boonie Bears 3

Yaaaaas Boonie.

John Wick 2, Dunkirk, Blade Runner 2049, Neon Demon, and The Nice Guys were all decent, though I'm sure some will disagree.

Either this place truly has become reddit or you people have become 4chan, which is Reddit anyways.

Good time was already mentioned but absolutely best film this year. Loved the heck out of it, Also split was really excellent. Also I kinda did like IT but it's fucking normie tier so I refuse to like it in public or on here.

There is overlap.

Shamefur Dispray

Sorry user. We cant just watch The Greatest Story Never Told and Triumph of the Will over and over again.

Although. Ill help you out cuz Im feeling nice. If you're interested in fascist kino watch Scipio Africanus: The Defeat of Hannibal. Italy. 1937.

They killed like over 100 elephants on film making the movie. Enjoy!

The only correct answer.

Fury road was shit and fuck the niggers baiting me into pirating it and wasting my time.

leave out the fact that it's communist propaganda

Hacksaw Ridge.

Sicario

Good Time.
Damn user. Thanks for the suggestion. Just watched it.
What. A. Ride.

I wish MDE would make some more projects like this instead of Sam and Charls doing lazy fucking blogs and streams all day.

This place is reddichan

If you thought the Circle was good then there's no reason you shouldn't have liked Noah. Same dp and it triggered all the fake christfags.

Wow, what a great critique. You definitely changed my opinion with your specific examples and well-reasoned argument.

Thanks bro, wasn't even into it tbqh

The way the last scene was shot was a little silly. Also, the main girl's motivations delt a bit inconsistent.

Do yourself a favor and watch Little Big Solider

Checkmate.

So you admit you're checking me out, and you wanna mate.

I don't even mind communist propaganda but it just so happens that most of the time they're shit movies. I love Soviet cinema, but shit like Reds and Trumbo or just terrible.

ty downloading now, will watch over weekend

Bump of Christmas Present

Biggest pile of shit I've ever seen. Horrendously bad editing and plotting. Fuck you for recommending this to me Holla Forums.

This movie was so fucking bad holy shit.

Can't believe no one posted this yet

Let's go even further beyond

Rather see gooks gookin' gooks than niggers and jews defiling amerimutts

Im 30 minutes into watching The Void so far, and holy shit what a good movie. Thanks Holla Forums

How many times have you shilled this in the past 2 days, Denis?

mod/bo should be able to tell you that I'm not the faggot you're talking about.
Link me to a summary of this Denis fag so I may laugh.

THREADLY REMINDER THAT OVER 100 YEARS WORTH OF KINO HAS ALREADY BEEN MADE

The only good on is neon demon the rest is reddit

Jeez, Korea and Japan and China really hate each other, huh?

Split is a good movie despite being directed by m night, highly reccomend it, Maybe pirate it if you feel unsure about it.

No problem brother, more people should check it out honestly.

My biggest concern with split was the fact that he was slowly removing the girls clothes making them get more and more naked and then once they were in bra and panties they stayed in bra and panties. Those actresses had fine bodies and he either should have left them clothed or gone the full distance and shot the last half of the flick with them naked and rape bruises. At least one of them.

For that I rate it 3.8/5

100% agree but this was being released in theaters so it's a necessary evil. Honestly shouldn't have done the clothes removal bit at all like you said. Still a 3.8/5 being one of the best films of the past 2 years shows how low of a point we're at right now

Split is literally reddit garbage. You are a fucking pleb who likes that ayy lmao bitch.

Nah she looks ugly (decent body I guess), and I agree it is very reddit but sometimes you have to take the good with the bad

I could name almost 30 but you'd get assmad by one or two and render my post moot.

Well I'm glad to hear that user.

Pic related is KINO, and I mean that in a literal way.

Im not saying it was one of the best, it was and always will be a flick. Im just glad shamalam directed something less shit than usual. My top movie of 2 years would be the phantom thread now thats a grade kino

That film isn't coming out until next year faggot

👍

I think i will follow your lead and check the ones you said, but i really don't trust the twisting pajeetoids

Kizumonogatari: Tekketsu
Kizumonogatari: Nekketsu
Kizumonogatari: Reiketsu

There are three. Checkmate, gaythiest.

the wallthe wallthe wall
wallthe wallthe wallthe wall
the wallthe wallthe wall

what
the
FUCK
was
her