Prey 2?

This sure looks generic, especially considering what we could have had.

oh, I should mention this trailer has gameplay.

Don't remind me.

It looks like the closest thing to a new system shock in years.

Its not prey 2, user. Its PREY

Unless I'm missing some information, it looked like a watered down, slower NuDOOM with a horribly uninspired art direction… especially the enemies.

Rebooted after only one game. I wonder why they are even calling it Prey.

Theyre trying to erase history and rewrite their own.

Whay about system shock 3, dumb ass

So it's a mediocre game that doesn't live up to it's namesake? Sounds like every other Bethesda game.

mediocre is a bit kind user, what they decided to show in that trailer looked straight up boring. I imagine the big gimmick will be time control.

Have to wait for gameplay of that first user.

The original Prey was drab and generic as shit.

Wasn't Prey 2 just Portal? I know Portal completely ripped off Prey's portal system at the very least.

Prey 2 was initially about bounty hunting with a bunch of neat systems. It was going to greatly expand the universe of the first game and I believe Tommy was supposed to show up. If you haven't seen gameplay of it yet I wouldn't, that shit will just depress you, especially when compared to what we're getting.

I vaguely remember it being some kind of super ambitious open-world P.I. or Bounty Hunter game set in some glowy alien city.
It looked too good to be true, so of course it failed.

Where are we now, 10 years later? Why are they even bothering now? Are they even trying to complete their original game, or did they just throw it all away to make a quick cash grab on a name only about 4 bitter people remember?

The kikes at Bethesda are the absolute worst developers in vidya.

That last bit of your post is what gets me. None of this makes any sense.

Yeah, it was rough. Nobody could believe when it got cancelled. It had hype out the ass and was incredibly well received by just about everyone.

Youtube has its moments.

yeah, I'm pretty sure they Bethesda bought the likes for this video.

Wait, they are finally waking up?

You monster.

Wat le fugg XDDD

Anyone have a torrent for the original Prey? Best one I can find is a R.G.Mechanics one and it doesn't work terribly well.

It reminds me of Half-Life for some reason.

Prey is pretty boring.

I have that one, played all the way through without a problem.

Great, now we'll get endless "WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN ;(((" threads because you autismos can't let go.

>Prey 2
You mean Zenimax butchering Arkane's draft for System Shock 3, now with more brand erasure to spite the company that got away.

Anyway, pics related on exactly what happened and on how this is absolutely nothing new for Zenimax whatsoever.

These, also.

Looks okay to me. I wouldnt mind a survival fps game, which is what the trailer makes it look like. No idea why it's called Prey though.

I didn't even like the first Prey but what the fug

Great. Instead of being a Space Bounty Hunter Chief we're Isaac from Dead Space again.

Weird, it crashes for me every time I try to up the resolution and graphics.

what they have shown looks like a generic teaser with one of the weakest art directions I have ever seen. Those enemies are just miserable to look at. It's like their art team took a break during the silhouette phase of the concepts for the enemies and the developers took them as finished.

It may be survival, but it takes a lot more to make it horror.

Prey may have been the most native american video game ever made. Stereotyping a lot sure, heavy emphasis on spirituality like a 90s television show with a native actor in it, definitely. Yet it's probably the only game out there that made native americans look awesome.

Then the sequel you play a white guy but it looked badass because space bounty hunter shit. So I can forgive it for taking away one of the two coolest parts about the first game. The second was obviously was the trippy level design straight out of modern art.

Then they cancelled that game and released generic scifi thriller number 93939495. You are also a white guy. There is no cool bounty hunting shit.

So not only did they whitewash the only native american franchise, but they made it look even more generic and boring.

I wouldn't say Prey was a favorite franchise of mine, the original was an okay game at best, but it still feels relatively insulting.

If I'm not mistaken, Tommy was supposed to show up at some point in the second game and play a major role. It would have been neat to see how that character progressed and if the Native American lore aspect of it still played a part. Also, the first game was oddly comfy at times, especially when Art Bell would come on.

Sure it wasn't perfect, like you said, but it had a lot of heart. Thats more than you can say about most of the games that have come out since 2010.

The voice actors for Tommy and Jen are natives, both are Canadian Cree.

I don't know why, but this reminds me of Half-Life.

where are the space vaginas?

To soggy knees for the current year. They will be replaced by practical, unimaginative doors so as not to offend anyone.

How fucked will they be if Half-Life 3 comes out in 2017?

Native Americans are fucking awful, don't believe me? Guess what Mexicans are not Spaniards.

Your thoughts, but in sjw's blog, it would be an awesome anti campaign against bethesda.

I believe we can use your words as a tool.

SJW's aren't gonna care. "Prey? What's that? Sounds like some game where you go around raping women or something. Glad they changed it. Donate to my patreon."

As long as it doesn't have any god damned injuns

The original Prey 2 was scrapped because Human head didn't want to get cucked by Zenimax.

The first game was pretty neat and the sequel was something I was really hyped for because there is a serious lack of sci-fi bounty hunter stuff. It's a shame that Zenimax murdered it for greed and are now putting out this joke of a reboot. I hope it bombs and gets some of them fired.

A reboot after 1 game that isn't even a decade old, what a complete and total joke.

10 outta 10 Like SOMA but with guns

THEN WHY CALL IT PREY YOU LYING FUCK?

Because Bethesda owns the brand after trying to fuck over Human Head.

What?

Looks like Gaymen Brit might be lurking.

Translation: This will sell more if it give it this name even though it has nothing at all to do with the game it shares its name with.

This is like making another season for Firefly and it's a police procedural with no connection to the rest of the show.

Maybe not quite that bad.
Prey 2 would've barely been connected to the original.
The problem is that Prey 2 looked rad and original.

It would actually have been connected quite a lot to the original storywise but since it would have spoiled the game they didn't talk much about it in interviews.

It's literally first person Dead Space

I'm not sure if the devs are confused about what spiritual successor means or if it's just a typo. It was in the power point presentation of the original pitch that leaked way back too IIRC.

Plz crash gaming before this comes out.

What a shocker. A system shock perhaps?

Even then, I wouldn't have cared personally.
What I was interested in was bounty hunting and such.
Prey was alright.

this is the typical response to any given Bethesda game, published or developed, that doesn't have Todd talking about it. remember Wet and Rogue Warrior?