DUNGEON CRAWLER AND ETRIAN ODYSSEY THREAD

Lets have a an etrian odyssey thread.

I just got access to subclassing in EO3 and i wondering what i should subclass my team. I have a gladiator, monk, hoplite, arbalist, and farmer.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!kFZwRKQI!OrcgaWZA9h3tIzXnY8X43FWxnbR6NjIP_lJr-g4yzsM
pastebin.com/s48yTdFT
pastebin.com/raw/DcTMa4kb
personacentral.com/etrian-odyssey-v-expected-best-selling-release-series/
web.archive.org/web/20080705154739/http://www.snackbar-games.com/features/interviews/interview_atlus_nich_maragos_on_etrian_odyssey-124.html
exhentai.org/g/839997/a88574f3da/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Etrian Odyssey fucks up on Desmume, any help?

Surprisingly, nds emulation is perfect on android. Try that.

monk/prince for heals
hoplite/prince for heals
arbalist/yygdroid for night attacker and crits
gladiator/zodiac for meteor and endless battle

…and I can't think of a good subclass for farmer, arbalist, maybe?

Play Mordor

works for me

I think Hoplite/Ninja is better for reducing damage for the whole party.

Don't you run out of SP in five seconds? Yggdroid can't be selected as subclass either.

Monk/Prince gives more heal than a single party can ever use through Protect Order, and access to element arms/regal radiance if you ever need an elemental option.
Hoplite/Ninja probably the best for Hoplite, now your tank has 50% dodge rate and gets TP back from dodging.
Arbalist/Gladiator is useful if you can bodyguard them to offset the drawback of Berserker Vow, or Arbalist/Zodiac to get Singularity for an elemental barrage focused Arbalist.
Club Gladiators get a lot of mileage out of Arbalist subclass for Proper Form. Sword Glad is a bit less clearcut, you can go for anything that improves physical damage. Maybe Shogun if you get it. Maybe Ninja if you have nobody else who wants to fill the 6th slot. Zodiac is nice but I feel you need a Dark Ether battery to be able to use Meteor freely.
Farmer can subclass as Hoplite to protect the party a bit, Wildling to get some beasts with strong status infliction rates or Prince for a bit of extra support, healing and the option to use Regal Radiance, which doesn't scale off his own terrible offense but off the target's attack.

Here's a link to the Japanese demo's .cia if anybody's interested and has a hacked 3DS.
mega.nz/#!kFZwRKQI!OrcgaWZA9h3tIzXnY8X43FWxnbR6NjIP_lJr-g4yzsM

Hoplite/Ninja also gives Cloning. You could alternatively have Arbalist/Ninja for dodging while using Front Mortar, with a Zodiac TP Battery. You could also clone him to get both a Mortar and Barrage/Heavy Shot spammer.

That demo is some good shit, I used a Dragoon/Masauro/Cestus with Warlock/Shaman at the back. The caterpillar F.O.E. was tough.

EOV demo is pretty cool. NPC art is awesome. Guildmaster is an FFXII judge. Very pretty over all, music good. Gameplay in nip, seems to be same quality as EOIV if not a bit more complex.

Wildling. You have them use their stat independant debuffs and summon Elephants.

I don't know what's wrong with me.

Arbalist is the best class

Prove me wrong

Buy the DLC goyim.

Why did the Dungeon Crawler genre get picked up by Japan in recent years? They were mainly a western thing a decade and a half ago.

Anyway I'm playing Dungeon Travelers 2 and struggling through the library. This game is fantastic but this dungeon is pure evil.

Trivializes the game, along with club warrior.

The Japs have always loved Wizardry

Arbalists are way more balanced and fun then Gladiators though

It never died in Japan m8.
It has been popular in Japan since the first wizardry. There have been Japan only remakes and releases of Wizardry games

pastebin.com/s48yTdFT
I can't play the demo because I'm too lazy to hack my 3DS and can't read moonrunes, but Cestus seems pretty cool based on their skillset. Necromancer's not half bad either.

Be forewarned. Some of the skills aren't translated perfectly. For instance, they didn't point out that the Necromancer's Negative Energy skill only counts kills made on the same turn the skill is used.

Usually I feel the opposite effect. I'm more likely to finish a game I pay for just to make sure I got my money's worth. I just forget about games I got for free. Am I a super goy or something?

let's fucking go

Good luck. You have no idea how much more worse it gets yet

I'm just relieved to know Atlus didn't bog this shit down with cut-content DLC. I'm really happy the optional shit is just that—genuinely optional.

So i decided how to subclass
Mace gladiator/arbalist
Monk/prince
Hoplite/ninja
Arbalist/zodiac
Farmer/prince
Did i fuck up?

the game is surprisingly forgiving when it comes to respecing. Try it out and if you need to change things, no big deal.

Oh God I'm already lost and can't find the switch to continue. It's an actual fucking maze and earth dragons are still kicking my ass. I just want to waifu Fiora and run away.

Still, this game really took my by surprise. I can't wait for the other game and I hope Demon Gaze II turns out well. Vita dungeon crawlers are fun.

>pastebin.com/raw/DcTMa4kb

I will kill the niggers at Atlus if they don't bring over the game with all the seiyuu.

Bump

Unf

The most important thing in EO5 is that they finally did the special split that Pokemon figured out three generations ago

Special split? I thought there were only the physical and magic damage spells, and spells can do multiple types of damage at the same time. Why would they have to do a phys/spec split?

Maybe I used the wrong Pokemon phrase. They went from Attack/Defense/Special to Attack/Defense/Sp. Attack/Sp. Defense

Oh. That makes more sense. I can see why they did that.

The special attack/def split was 5 generations ago, in gen 2. You're thinking of the physical/special movesplit in gen 4.

Really, Gen 2? Now I'm even more confused as to why it took them so long in EO.

Maybe they thought just having 1 defence stat would be easier.

So wait, this whole time elemental defense was the same as the physical defense stat? And the only way to alter this was through spells?

Also I wonder if they're ever going to change the accuracy/damage multiplier that's setup by levels. You can have a high evasion character but it means shit against an enemy that's a few levels higher. Or is this to balance out the way 2/3/4 man team works as opposed to a 5 man team?

No, the elemental attack and defense shared a stat.

So in EO3 is the tec stat the special ddf stat too?

Def*

I believe so, yes.

Actually magical defense also mostly uses DEF. TEC further increases it.

You might be right. From the EOU manual (which is what I was basing my claim on):

[Attack] Influences damage dealt to enemies. Can be increased by raising STR or equipping powerful weapons.
[Defense] Influences damage taken from enemy attacks. Can be increased by raising VIT or equipping tough armor.

[STR] Influences Attack and other properties.
[TEC] Influences attack and defense of elemental skills and other properties.
[VIT] Influences Defense and other properties.

On that note, one of the things on the large list of "things wrong with EO2U" is that the manual has far less information about the actual game than EOU.

I'm surprised if games even have manuals these days. Hell if you're not going to have that. At least have a .pdf to tell us shit.

One thing I really like about the 3DS is that virtually every game has a software manual built-in. It's an option at the bottom when you highlight a game. The down side is that a lot of the manuals are half-assed, but at least it's there.

Yeah I noticed that too. There are some games like Ys Seven, where a very useful tip or mechanic is only told in the manual. However Ys Seven is much more fun without using parry. Parry breaks the game.

Second best feature this game added. I think the first one being more map icons for my charting autism.

Are there any good, recent dungeon crawlers out for the pc?

Stranger of the Sword City came out recently. There's a review on Nichegamer if you're curious about it.

My one issue with that game is gear RNG and instakills being in the game when there's a pretty massive death penalty.

Is Class of Heroes any good?

Here's something interesting, apparently EOV is set to become the best selling EO game during release.

personacentral.com/etrian-odyssey-v-expected-best-selling-release-series/

Very little and unobtrusive DLC, great seiyuu, character customization, and all the mechanics the previous games offered, but fine-tuned.

Is it any wonder it's selling well? This is a fine thing.

Dungeon Travelers 2 is 10 times better than Etrian. In fact it's a deepest dungeon crawler ever made.

I saw that "Etrian Odyssey" in the small little legalese text before the game's title screen, what is it anyway?

Not to mention 10 classes each with a choice of two "Two Name" class specializations. Only thing it's missing is a good soundtrack.

Is it significantly better than Dungeon Travelers 1? I'm still playing through that, but it's not grabbing me.

Yup, Atlus really pulled their shit together with this one which is why I'm so hyped for it.

It seems to be copyright stuff, if you're wondering why they are using the localized title for the series then I have no clue.

Also shit apparently you can reclass anyone into any other class, even outside of race restrictions, so really it's 20 possible final classes with 4 races to pick from.

Ah, that's what they localized the series as? Why not just something like "Yggdrasil Labyrinth" or "Maze of the World Tree" or something? More of that good ol' "change as much as possible to secure more money because the localization industry is a steaming pile of shit" fuckery?

I did some digging as to why Etrian Odyssey is the localized title and I stumbled upon this link.

web.archive.org/web/20080705154739/http://www.snackbar-games.com/features/interviews/interview_atlus_nich_maragos_on_etrian_odyssey-124.html

What? No, seriously, what?

Well he is not known for being a bright person (after all he did try to convince XSEED and Aksys to not localize Senran Kagura). Fun fact: he works for Treehouse now.

Fucks' sake, he's probably one of those yuppies who doesn't speak a word of Moon and just got in because the boss's friend's kid needed a job. I don't know how you guys put up with this shit.

What even is that? Kakusei? If? The card game? Either way, he needs to fucking kill himself.

Why does his mouth move so strange?

He got beaten as a child. Seriously.

That's nerve damage, he isn't able to control some of his facial muscles.

Anything good for PC?
I played Stranger of Sword City for quite a bit, but dropped it during that arbitrary grindwall that's called Ryu/Odin

With PPSSPP you can run Dungeon Travelers, and if DS emulation has gotten any good you could try Sekaiju no MeiQ.

Is it worth it to get a cheap 3ds for EO4 and 5?

They're pretty damn fun IMO, and even though they went retard and stopped using the PC-88 sound chip the soundtrack still isn't bad.

Damn, i liked the more retro music, it felt like an older dungeon crawler.

Agreed, and that was the point, hence drawing your own map and all. It's a real shame.

Stay cucked, friend

You can custom color their flesh from dark to light, and the NotElves can get into the crazy colors too.

when I got subclasses I just retired my whole team and went with hoplite/princess, gladiator/arbalist, gladiator/arbalist (dat front mortar), ninja/zodiac (cheesy strat for unlimited SP), and monk/wildling (mainly used the wildling's abilities for debuff)

normal battles, Id just spam dark ether and front mortar combined with attack order for massive damage
for FOEs I would clone the ninja/zodiac so I could dark ether my monk for heals too
shit was overpowered as fuck

I tried CoH2 and it was OK. Nothing bad but and the first one was pretty difficult from what I've heard. The second one is a little on the easy side. I think there's a third game coming out but I haven't heard anything about it in ages.

I love the retro music but EO4 has some beautiful music. It's the soundtrack I've listened to most next to 3. Labyrinth III music is pure comfy.

That makes no sense. And even if you were trying to imply she's his girl and likes watching her getting fucked by nigs. It could completely change depending on who posted that. If it's a femanon who self inserts as the girl. Then it's just a chick who likes taking a bunch of thick dark meat at the same time. If it's a black weeb. Then it's just a guy who loves dominating a girl with a group of friends. This is all assuming that the person who posted it even thinks of the girl as his (or belonging to the "bull" in the relationship).

Does anyone even knows what cuckold means?

We've got a live one.

Damn, that"s one cute Oni.
Wheres she from?

There are also remakes of the first two games that seem to be pretty good, aside from shitty DLC practices.

There's no cuckening to justify if I actually am a nigger.

exhentai.org/g/839997/a88574f3da/
I hope you don't mind a chick with a giant dick railing an other chick and excessive semen. But don't worry. There's lots of bullying.

Sure, if you are going for 100% then they will last you 100+ hours.

Only EO2U has DLC out of the remakes.

Well that's a little disappointing.
Thanks anyway, user.

What do you guys think about the soundtrack for V?

Still in the first dungeon, but not bad considering it's using inferior instruments. Still want to hear what it would've sounded like on the PC-88 chip.

Good as always.

So I'm starting to appreciate this cooking system in MeiQ 5. Essentially, in addition to your normal inventory pouch, you get a 60 item "food" pouch you can stuff with ingredients you find in the dungeon that can be used outside of battle to heal HP and TP, and one of the early quests gets you a chicken who lays eggs for you every few days that heal TP of themselves, and can be cooked into pancakes to heal tons of TP. This is going to up longevity in dungeon crawls by a huge factor, holy shit.

It's kind mediocre. It's no Etrian Odyssey, but it isn't bad at all. Give it a go if you need some more dungeon crawling in your life.

The first game is a Wizardry clone with an anime skin. The enemies don't mess around and everything in the stores is too expensive, making enemy drops and alchemy the only reliable way to get equipment. The second game gives a few new classes (Including a race specific class for every race) and no randomized-ish/mirrored dungeons, it's much easier due to less enemies pushing your shit in the first couple dungeons and giving you time to actually get decent equipment as well as the bosses being complete pushovers compared to the first one. A third one is being localized, but nobody knows when we'll actually get to play it. The only thing I know about the third one is that the affinity system gets a bit more expanded upon and that there will be 3 different schools you can start in.

What were they thinking exactly?

L E L
E
L

You do realize that Protect Order benefits from Form Qi and high TEC, right?

You're both implying that I have my Monk's subclass as Prince, instead of something offensive and that you need more than a Prince's native TEC for Protect Order to be good.

Not only that, you're implying Protect Order is necessary at all for Prince to be your main healer.

I only use Reinforce + Royal Veil (+ lv 3~5 Monarch March) as my source of healing, outside of emergency items, all the way until the last boss. At this point I invest some points in Line Heal and that's it for dedicated healing for me.

What's this? A thumbnail for ants?

So nothing is being censored or translated to hell for EO4?

At the risk of sounding like an edgelord, he fucking deserved it, retroactively of course. Fuck him.

Annoyed that the FM soundfont is paid DLC, but otherwise it's great as always.

Always assume any localization is a mess of censorship and stick to original versions. This goes both directions across the ocean.

It's pretty good, nothing really sticks out as bad aside from Lady boner harder than steel

So for the Shin Sekaiju no MeiQ titles, is there any reason at all to play the story mode? Like bonus dungeons or anything?

if you'd call them by the english names ever, but yeah EOU1 had a story locked dungeon and classes.
EOU2 the entire game is balanced around the OP as fuck story mode characters. Also DLC

Damn.

As in they rebalanced the game, so it's not the same as the DS version? That's unfortunate. Am I better off trying to get the original DS versions for the games then?

EOU1 is way better than EO1 just because it's rebalanced to not have some really broken strats. The floors are a little more forgiving, and you won't run out of damn icons which was an everpresent problem in EO1.
EOU2 should be completely skipped, it's garbage.
EO2 DS version on the other hand is probably the best game in the series, and should be played.

That works out well then, since 2 is the only one that looks affordable on Amazon at the moment at 1800 vs. around 6000 for 1 and just shy of 10K for 3.

It emulates fine with a little slowdown. I'd go with that rather than pay a reseller

Don't have a flashcart though

on the PC

Ah, have they got DS emulation working now then? How does it handle the touch screen, using the mouse? How resource intensive is it?

EOU's post-game stratum is absolutely brutal, pic related.

It's been around for a good bit, it's moderately intensive depending on the game (7th dragon 1 for some random ass reason takes up the most I've seen).
There's a few graphical glitches here and there, but if your choices for 3 are emulate or pay 10k I'd take the few glitches.

But it handles the touch screen using the mouse, and it sounds pretty close to the real thing. There's one or two songs in each that I can pick out some minor differences.
But that also depends on the sound plugin.

I meant in terms of teleports and design, not enemies. Fucking 2 and 1 had floors where you'd run out of icons because there would be too many teleports.

I doubt it has the sheer amount of map dickery EO1's sixth stratum had even if the enemies are far more dangerous.

Sound is a big deal still upset that 4 and 5 aren't using the PC-88 chip so that's good to hear. It looks like Desmume is the big one for DS emulators from what I'm seeing, is that the one to go for? Or should I be looking for something else?

Could be the sheer amount of interactables it has to work with at almost all times due to the Furowaro covering the goddamn world. Thank god the 2020 games didn't bring back that mechanic.

what you didn't love this floor?
Important note, you'd have to go through the entire 6th stratum each time to get to floor 30.

I haven't kept up with it for a couple years, but that was the go to back then.

Fair enough, will download it now and give 2 a go once I finish 5.

yeah best game in the series most people agree is a toss up between 2 and 3.
Both are pretty fantastic, but they lack a lot of QoL from the newer games.

I would imagine, but I still go back and play old Famicom games all the time, just did the original Fire Emblem last year. If you haven't played that, imagine a turn-based strategy game from before they had the idea to have a visual representation of your movement range for each character to get an idea of how far QoL has come for that genre.

I'm playing 2 right now and I started with 4, you get used to the game quickly.

Why are dungeon crawlers the single comfiest genre?

Also I just got EO 4, is it worth replacing my healer with a dancer? It seems like in most fights my healer is useless, but the passive healing after fights is great.

Stick with her early on, and then when you unlock the first of the extra three classes, decide whether you want to change her into that or a Dancer. Also keep in mind that later on you'll unlock the ability to add subclasses, so you can decide if you want a Healer main and sub something else, or vice versa.

You shill this every time you can, don't you user?

Nostalgiafag please.

Got it.

I heard the draw distance in EOV has been reduced. Is it true?

It didn't seem that way from what I saw

its pretty jarring on old 3ds dont knoiw how it is on new 3ds though, but its pretty terrible

I don't think my autism will ever recover from this.

Just think of it as part of the roleplaying experience, it gives your party a good story.

It was either walk through every flower you see like a lawn mower or ignore everything and constantly see the map as a giant red blob.

I don't know what you mean by comfy.

It's not a mimic. But a chest with a revive item to save your healer.

These games are entertaining, but I wouldn't call them comfy. However EO has some very comfy music.

What do you people think of Ray Gigant? Is it any good?

i wanna plug the indian lolis mouth with my dick

I don't remember EO having any mimics

yare yare daze

Can't expect much from someone who thinks that old instruments can compare to the PC-88's FM chip.

There is a mimic F.O.E. in 2 Untold. It was usually in groups of other mimics with a treasure chest mixed in.

You're playing 2 Untold, you need to stop and play a non shit game

See: .

Don't play the shit version of 2.

What? U2 is awful

I'm playing this game ya dolt.

Sorry then, but you still deserve to be made fun of for playing U2.
I can only hope you have a CFW'd DS so you didn't pay atlas for that travesty

Nonsense go- fellow consumer, we should pay for the game + DLC that totally wasn't in the base game!

Here's a gift for you, fellow consumer. I hope you'll appreciate it.

nec18

I'd say the same from the nostalgiafag that thinks old limited sound chips can ever compared to the complex symphonies that real instruments can produce, and expect things to sound exactly the same as an outdated piece of tech years after it came out.

I heard it's very story driven and casual. Demon Gaze would get boring for being too easy so I wouldn't know about this game.

I meant dungeon crawlers in general.

Is English not your first language or something?

One is a technically limited sound chip that can only handle a small amount of things compared to newer sound chips, the other is something that can give, and will be appreciated until the end of time. Get some class faggot.

Ah, thanks. I'm just going to avoid it then.

And yet the best those can do is simply try to emulate it.

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

The irony here is staggering.

I'm attacking his logic, not his grammar. His argument consists of "hurr durr old and outdated" while pushing alternatives that are far older.

EOU2 is actually pretty okay when you pirate it and all the DLC. At that point, the only negatives it has are the Grimoire stones and the health sponge bosses.

You can't ignore the stones, but you can temporarily drop the difficulty down to 'hard' to attempt to simulate a more authentic experience on the bosses. It's not quite the same, but it's close enough. I also rather like the rebalancing and streamlining on the class skills.

The game gets shit on because of its DLC, and rightfully so, but I don't think it's all that bad if you just pirate it.

My party is a Ronin, Protector, and War Magus on the front line, and Sovereign and Hexer on the back. Am I going to make it?

i'm playing EO2, my current party is
on X, should i place a hexer, an alchemist or a gunner?
also how do i build a survivalist?

It'll be around forever obviously.
No you fucking moron, I'm talking about how it's an outdated piece of tech, instruments aren't outdated as they still sound just as good as they did over 200 years ago. There are better soundcards out today than what the PC-88 had, and better cards since. It's not merely the fact of being old, so much as antiquated and obsolete.

If i remember correctly dark hunters have skills that can deal extra damage to bound enemies or enemies with status ailments, so the hexer could make a nice combo with the dark hunter. On the other hand the gunner and alchemist put elemental attacks at your disposal which are easier to take advantage of in my opinion.

Should I pick this up? The actual SMTIV was flawed as fuck and generally frustrating. I played through EOIV too and thought it was alright, but I'm not a huge fan of FP dungeon-crawlers.

SMT: Nocturne was awesome though. I liked the nods to Nietzsche a lot.

Probably my 3rd favorite dungeon crawler and my favorite smt game. Definitly pick it up.

don't worry, the nigger dies

So does the spic if you take law or neutral.

never played this series, why are the remakes shit? is dlc the only reason or is there more to it?

EOU is not bad but it has content locked behind story mode like the extra dungeon and the gunner and highlander classes. It has no DLC though.

EO2U fixes the story mode issue but has day 1 cart-locked DLC like bosses, parts of maps and the Highlander class. The F.O.E.s and bosses also have inflated HP because of the story mode Fafnir class. It's so bad that the Japanese fanbase demanded the director of that game to step down.

On a gameplay level, EOU1 is probably better than EO1 but I feel like it fails to capture its charm in some way, and the gameplay itself is still below any of EO2/EO3/EO4 because of the massive slot machine that is Grimoire Stones, class design just being a bit confused in general and other stupid details like Floor Jump.
EOU2 is a trainwreck and you should under no circumstance support it.

Remember in EO2 enemies don't build resistance to ailments the more they get afflicted with them.
So Hexers/DH become stupidly top tier

Is the font really this shit in Etrian Odyssey 1 or is this just a problem with desmume?
If this is a problem with desmume, has anybody experienced it and managed to make it not shit on a pc emulator?

nevermind, i'm fucking retarded

Persona took atlus' attention from SMT. So there is that too.

Lol you beat me to it

Have any of you guys played the Etrian Mystery Dungeon game? Is it any good?

Pretty good. Boss fights like the main series is the best part.

Planning on soloing EOU:MG with Highlander, any tips would be great.

nvm apparently its impossible

That's a US issue. Atlus chose shitty fonts for the US version. The EU version is a lot more clear and coherent. Problem is, EU never got EO2 and on iirc so the result is you can't plug in your password earnings after 100% the game.

Bad. Poor EO game, poor MD game.

It's totally possible though

hell fucking yes
I've been playing a ton of EO this summer

that's some killer box art
I'm hyped

Revive is crucial, that's where dedicated medic classes beat out passive healers. You unlock more classes as you play. Keep your Medic for now and you can reclass it to an Arcanist once you unlock it if you feel you don't need a dedicated healer.

What Said

I had an Arcanist main with a healer subclass and had no troubles in boss fights or mobs after that point because they got some really broken skills once maxed

EO4 is so damn fun, I love how powerful the bind/ailment synergies are in that game.
I played through with 5 Nightseekers a while ago, I had a blast. Nightseeker is easily my favorite EO class of all time.

All you really need Nightseekers for is Proficiency which is the passive damage boost against ailed enemies. You can sub your Nightseekers to literally any physical class and totally outshine the originals with half the skill point investment filtered through something like a 300% damage boost from the passives.

I had three frontline Nightseekers with offensive physical sub classes, and two backline Nightseekers subbed as Arcanists responsible for setting up ailments for my attackers. I changed my frontline subclasses up quite a bit but the most satisfying combinations involved Nightseeker/Landsknecht proc'ing Proficiency boosted elemental links off of a dual wielding. Nightseeker/Dancer's long strings of normal attacks and chases.
For more chases and links I had a frontline Nightseeker/Sniper for Follow Trace Squall Volley
Nightseeker/Bushi or N/Imperial were absolute powerhouses in this setup but not nearly as fun or elaborate. Those two just output huge damage on their own without the satisfaction of orchestrating cross class skill synergies for victory.

Just started a fresh EO4 playthrough a few days ago. I have three hammers for forging attributes onto equipment but my Forge option is still grayed out at the Berund Atelier. I have no memory of what unlocks the Forge, did I miss something?

Do you have any weapons you can forge?

Yeah I have several forge-able weapons and the materials to forge them several times each. I have Luck, Fire, and Poison Hammers and I really want to stack some daggers up with Luck for my ailment-dedicated Nightseeker.

I should be able to Forge two Makiris three times each for 6 total Luc. It's really rustling my autism being unable to minmax.

>>>/oven/

It's clearly bait, that user is a retard for responding.

Recently bought this.
Should I use the normalfag graphics or the retrofag mode?

It's not, that user is just a faggot that shares his shitty futa comic around in every thread.

Apparently getting to the second floor of the 1st stratum unlocks Forge. That's disappointing considering there are two caves and a floor to explore, several upgrade-able weapons, and three obtainable Forge Hammers before you can even use the place.

Most of the early game open slot weapons are already irrelevant now that I can fill their slots.

Oh well, at least I have it now and the tinkering can really begin.

three caves* I just realized

EO5 is already GOTY in nipland, so it will most likely be localized in the first quarter of 2017, maybe even a xmas release.
I wish I had a translator or a japanese gf for these situations.

Unless you have some incredible attachment to the days of vector dungeons, just use the graphics.

How is this game actually? Im thinking about getting it considering how disappointing 7th dragon VFD is

Its in my backlog but i hear its kinda expensive. I would emulate before you buy.

Because it feels like when you'd go on pretend adventures with your childhood friends.

I remember those days! Best time of my life.

The sooner you learn to read Japanese the happier you're going to be user.

For what it's worth, I think the retro music is really good to listen too but I just switched between normal and retro while in an area. Both visuals look good but some floors look/sound better retro.

Came in the mail this morning. Haven't played a first-person dungeon crawler in over 3 years.

I am in for maximum comfy.

Mechanically Strange Journey has a really good feel to it. The mission structure means you always have a goal in mid for exploration and there are plenty of side objectives to complete. It also contributes to the idea that you are a soldier.

Why would you remind me of this.