Super Smash Bros

Which game ya playin?
Which dude you mainin?
How'd you do in your locals lately?

SmashCon is in a week, anyone going? I entered melee doubles, singles and project m. I hope the tournament is as stacked as it was last year.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/affinityplay
smashladder.com/help/netplay-guides
smash.gg/tournament/project-m-showdown-5/details
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah, wanna talk about it?

where are the memes?

Melee
Kirby
I lost

But I got 4th place

Why do you think Holla Forums hates e-sports so much?

Smash n64 has been my go to for almost a week now. Captain falcon vs 3 lvl 9 DK's.
DK.
Donkey DICK.

I'm impressed considering you main Kirby

Hey man, I'll be lucky if I make it out of pools but it don't hurt to ask. Coincidentally, I also hate e-sports but that's more because I hate the forced G-rated atmosphere.

Made Top 8 at a local weekly last month, made it out of pools into pro bracket at a local bi-monthly too. It might not seem like much, but the weekly I attend most often is also where most of the people who dominate our regionals hang the most (probably because we're the least e-sports local around while still being the most well-run and has the best venue).
Melee Falcon is life.

Melee Falcon is great, S2J giving us Cap mains hope on the big stage. What region are you in, if you don't mind me asking? My game needs a lot of work before I can break top 8 in MD/VA

I'm NE, we're super underrated as a region because our top players like Mafia, Crush and Slox buster out at nationals, I'm pretty sure it's nerves. We did have Infinite Numbers get 9th at Pound 6, he's a pretty cool dude even if he does play ICs. The only reason I made top 8 was because there was a pretty low turnout (only about 30 people), and a bunch of people just above my skill level didn't show up. So it was total scrubs and the very best, I just happened to be a semi-scrub.
A new not-shit combo video for Falcon just showed up, which is always nice. Most people don't seem to understand the importance of syncing the music with the videos. It's what separates the Bawz and I Killed Mufasa's from the generic "montage" videos that use same-sounding slow tempo electronica, and fade in the commentators but also the game music making everything sound like ass.

I play SSB64 and Smash Wii U
Main DK on both.
SSB64 has gotten to the point with my friends where first player to land a hit gets a KO.

PM, melee, some 64 sometimes
Metaknight and in melee it's just a mix
Horribly, last week was a regional that I had a free ride out of pools but then instantly started to play like I had no handeye cordination once bracket finally started. Tomorrow is yet another regional and I'm scared shitless that I'm going to play even worse.

PM, bit of Melee and 4 on the side
F A L C O N in PM and Melee, Dorf in PM
My Falcon got completely washed in PM pools at my last regional. Then I did a lot better in friendlies with my Dorf. Guess I need to still get used to going FAST.

reminder

mostly Smash 4, since the project M guy in my group broke the damn thing and gave up trying to fix it
I main Game and Watch. Most people don't come up against a G&W player regularly, so I can usually wreck em pretty good
haven't gone to a local competition in years

summit is out in hamilton, and i don't wanna go that far

i gotchu fam

not a fighting game

I've been playing Melee and Sm4sh were I main Jiggs for both. And although I don't go to tournaments, sometimes I get my normalfag friends and 20 something people to compete in small matches. Most times I place 1st, if not, 2nd. Some people there have even gone to actual tournaments.

I don't dislike Melee, but I just wish it had as large of a roster as Sm4sh. It's getting hard to find enjoyment in only about 5 real matchups

Smash 4

It's in waterloo/kitchener at Bingemans again isn't it?

Smash 4

Charizard

I play for fun, since I am not really good

Smash Con is coming up next week, anyone actually attending (for competition or otherwise)?

It's a pretty cool con. I was surprised at the big turnout last year and the presence of cool shit besides smash, like a fucking turtles in time cabinet.

Thanks for saving me the inconvenience of making a new thread.

Melee. I'm sure I'll end up playing tr4sh the next time my friends are in town.
Which dudette you mainin?
Sheik probably. Her combos are easy and I like edgeguarding people.
How'd you do in your locals lately?
Haven't been in a couple weeks due to another hobby. I'm in a bit of an awkward situation with that, which is why I haven't practiced Melee at all in the interim. I need to git gud.

Yes, it's at Bingemans. Their advertising is effectively nonexistent, so I don't blame anyone for not knowing.

Sm4sh with some Project M here and there. Not too impressed by Wario's PM moveset, they only went a little more towards Wario Land than Nintendo themselves did.

Been with Captain Falcon since the 64 days, but I've still got a soft spot for Luigi and I'm quite fond of Mega Man, Sonic and Ike.

tourneys don't interest me at all

If anyone wants to watch Summit 2016, the stream link is twitch.tv/affinityplay

Notable players include n0ne, Professor Pro, Ryan Ford, and notable mid-level players are Nightmare, Coffeeblack, Trulliam (rip).

There are currently both a Luigi and Falcon in top 8 of Summit 2016, in case anybody wanted to see some mid-tier representation.

What is the control difference between PM and melee?
PM has far better balance but melee feels 'snappier'?

Sm4sh
Best girl
I'm a filthy casual and too shit to go

PM suffers from some Brawl-engine limitations that make it not quite as responsive as Melee, even after the removal of the random 0-2 frame delay or 10-frame input buffer.

How does she work in tr4sh anyway? It seems like all of her moves are terribly laggy. Warp edge cancels also look really weird to me since everything in tr4sh is so floaty.

Original PM characters also couldn't have their own projectiles, since the way modding worked prevented projectiles from being coded into the game. Weird shit, mang.

She takes a lot of work to make decent
Watch PrinceRamen, he just did really good as her in some tournament.

Meme bump.

palutena is the only ara thats okay

melee, pm, and smash 4 when I visit friends
I play ganon in melee and pm. I haven't had a main in smash 4 since I dropped it and sold my wii u a few months ago, but I like playing kirby, yoshi, puff(to tilt people), and dk.
Haven't gone to any in a while. I knocked out an 17 year old bowser main but thats about it.
I'm kinda getting tired of melee and smash in general, but I guess that can't be helped.

We should organize a day where we all play netplay/sm4sh online with other anons.

Yea that sounds like a good idea man I would be down for that.

I thought about that too. We can follow the super simple netplay guide on anther's ladder for quick matches.

smashladder.com/help/netplay-guides

On an unrelated note, aMSa is in my melee doubles pool for smash con. Riiiiip.

Get an autograph from him and time stamp it maybe a picture if you want to push it, bit in all serious if you play a spacie or win neutral consistently then you have chance to at least not get four stocked.

I play Cap but I might have to bust out the Luigi so I can at least have some survivability.

stay grounded and focus on grabs

Nice. Last time I went I got 2nd in PM and 4th in Melee.

Not going to smashcon, but my region is having a pretty big tourney this weekend, and I'm thinking of heading down there.

Melee falcon is indeed life.

Imo your region is probably the worst before mine (midwest.)

We've gone too far.

Not far enough

>would imagine new characters i wanted in, mainly bowser and voltorb
>dumbass removed mewtwo for furbait lucario is finished, mewtwo isn't. Lucario had more prioroty than mewtwo

>mewtwo isn't included until DLC
>still no more DK, Metroid, or F-zero reps

A-at least they launched 64's hyrule castle, right?

Even if you don't have friends, for glory and matchmaking sites are a thing, dude.
Sm4sh really lacks single player stuff, but the multiplayer is great and easier than ever before to access.

Well I know classic smash matches are still good and the online play is good. it's just a shame that there really is nothing else to do.

Has anyone tried Melee online yet? Does it make Netplay easier?

Do you mean netplay with the newer anther's 5.0 dolphin build? Or THE "melee online".
Former works fine as long as you read the guide, latter isn't even in alpha prosses yet.

Alpha isn't out yet, but I'm pretty sure you can still sign up to be a part of it. It might get more people into netplay but I doubt the gameplay itself will be smoother.

smash 64 mods when?

Do you have any other webms of characters from Melee and Beyond in Smash 64? pic unrelated.

Sage for double-post

Sup NE Bro

Only Good Locals is by the Church for new game plus and Game Underground

will ridley be in smash 5?

I won but the more I play the more I understand how poor of a fighting game it really is and that it literally runs on nostalgia fuel.

There are quite a few mods for it already.

What?
How do you figure?

the fuck's the point

I've never been to and Smashing Grounds but I hear it's pretty good for PM but Melee is free. I'll have to check it out sometime. MMOM is hype as fuck and Patti makes sure that it will never become esports garbage.

Smash Con is neato so far. It's funny seeing wife just selling official merchant instead of commentating or something. There was a smash 64 combo contest yesterday that was fucking sick nasty. Today I got knocked out of melee doubles by aMSa and his partner.

Hope that was recorded, I'd love to see that in action. Did anyone manage to get a 100-string combo?

Smash masters is interesting.
Watching a match between wizzy and ecuck feels so much more interesting as wizzy is a master of the more competitive smashes like melee and 64, while the cuck does well in the casual games

Yea it's on VGBC's you tube channel.

esam has flashes of brilliance in Melee and PM too, but he's inconsistent across every game

Sometimes he can beat top top players and other times he doesn't even make top 32

I main Ryu

Nice

pretty hot tbh fam

Melee
Samus because he's a cool robot
Failed to make top 32 because I got pooled with almost all the guys who ended up in top 8, two of whom were sponsored wanks.
Only two guys in the top 8 I beat I managed to 2/0; one was a Falco main who would dashdance constantly and then stop to decide what to do next, and the other was a peach main who did nothing but downsmash and pull turnips.

Got put into amateur bracket which went something like:

Get put into losers:

Ausfags sure love Marth.

Fuck I meant to say pools

Melee top 8 coming up soon. Looks like Mango, M2K, Hbox, Shroomed, SFat, Westballz (probably), and one or two others. Stream is at twitch.tv/vgbootcamp.

Did I miss anything interesting in bracket? Haven't had much of a chance to watch the matches play out.

Oh, and Axe and PewPewU. Forgot about them.

So I am almost certain that I either started the term Kerfuffle when refering to what smash 4 would be called, or it was some kinda divine memery that spread it to everyone. I think I started calling it that back before brawl was out

What would Smash 5 be? What is more over the top then a straight up kerfuffle? A Fracas may seem less extreme and I don't know enough names for weird fight incidents.

I'm sorry what…

Smash 5 will be a real donnybrook

Showdown? Or is that a shitty flash game already?

delet this

H U R L Y B U R L Y
U
R
L
Y
B
U
R
L
Y

Smash Bros 5: Scuffle?
Smash Bros 5: Conflict?
Smash Bros 5: Tussle?
Smash Bros 5: Fight?

Most likely something boring like "Super Smash Bros for NX"

Ultimate

Unsurprising.
Tech chase boys.

hello?

FALLING WEAK SINGLE HIT NAIR TO REGRAB

Melee has to be the only game that after all these years still entertains me. It's such a fucking perfect game, i absolutely love everything about it. No other game manages to entertain me like SSBM does. I would kill for a re-release with online support and 16:9, it doesn't even need to be HD although that would be nice.

I only started taking it seriously recently, but I feel the same way. The presence of analogue movement and the way all the little systems (edge cancelling, wavedashing/wavelanding, the way movement influences attack hitboxes) interact with each other is so much more interesting than traditional fighters to me.

It reminds me of the quote from Shigeru Miyamoto, about how any idea can solve one problem, but a good idea solves two problems at once. Every mechanic in Melee provides at least two functions, and it's beautiful how it all interacts.

I wouldn't call Melee perfect, sadly, partly due to the giant disparity between top-tier characters and low-tier characters, and mostly due to the truly broken stuff (Roy's hitboxes, Mewtwo's hitboxes, Donkey Kong's tie hurtbox, Yoshi's grab, Sheik's chaingrab on already bad characters) holding some characters back unfairly.

But if you compare Melee to something like Street Fighter 2 or 3, then I think it holds up pretty well: about a dozen characters who can compete at a tournament level, a dozen more who can take games if you're unprepared.

SFAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

MAKE UP YOUR MIND

I don't even know what's going on any more.

I main corrin. I'm okay at it.

Anybody else watching this? Shroomed nearly took a game off HBox on Dream Land.

I AM VERY OKAY WITH THESE
ESPEIALLY HURLYBURLY

Is Hbox is Losers Finals?

Yeah. He'll face the winner of M2K and Axe, which is currently in game 5.

never ever

jason no

The future is looking good. Get ready for Shine bois.

So are you guys gonna get Smash NX, even if it's a handheld?

No, not after Kerfuffle being such a campy mess. I really don't like ledge trumping and being able to air dodge without freefall.

I just hope Sakurai is replaced already.

Nice try, that's still a tumblr image.

Man, smash players have gotten so good. I only got one win in melee singles, two in melee doubles, and one win in PM. Also Sharkz has open my eyes to how crazy PM Ice Climbers are. That dude's a champ.

I can't even be mad, I had a good time egen when I got bopped. Nothing to do but practice more I guess. It's hard when you're 2 hours away from the nearest weeklies. The middle Delaware life ain't easy.

Project M Showdown is happening this Saturday at Xanadu. Looks like I've still gotta work hard the week after Smash Con.

smash.gg/tournament/project-m-showdown-5/details

Today is the last day to register.