Cancelled gaems

ITT: Footage or pics of cancelled games.

Never got why Level 5 canceled it, looked nice for a PSP RPG.

I still weep for Prey 2. I think I have a promotional slip for it in the box of one of my other games but I don't remember which one

I hear gameplay footage does exist, but since very few people own a copy, nobody has leaked it, and the game was only 50% into development when the plug was pulled, it's sadly nothing more than a basic tech demo with no gameplay elements. I'll never understand why the dev didn't port the game over instead of restarting from scratch, but Kenji Eno always was weird when it came to games.

I'm honestly disappointed that we got a reboot at this year's E3 instead. I mean it only got one game, why not just finish up the sequel?

Bump

The best cancelled game I've ever played.

When Ghost died, so did Blizzard

I miss Kenji Eno.

God dammit that looks sick as hell. Why'd that get canned?

Fuck you user. I had eagerly awaited that game.

It's not too interesting a game. Eye of Argonia would be more interesting, but there's nothing for it, it was canceled in conception, right before Zenimax bought the company and infected it.

there was that vampire mmo that never came out

Darkness World or something like that

Nigger what are you doing? It's still slated to be coming out.

Why the fuck didn't 3D Realms released this version of Duke Nukem Forever instead of constantly changing engines.

Goddammit Bethesda

What was it called again?

shadman

A few months back a guy named DRX just released an assload of genesis roms on his new wiki, Hiddenpalace.org, including a weird unreleased localization for one of Human's pro wrestling games.

He also dumped an unreleased Ecco game a few weeks back.

wat

Fallout 3

DNF was ruined by George Broussard's obsession with making it perfect. He'd often go 'that new game has feature x, we need feature x too', so the team kept wasting time adding unnecessary shit and missed every window of opportunity they ever had.

Not a full cancelled game, but cancelled content and a neat historical oddity. Raven Software(the subsidiary of Activision responsible for the X-Men Legends games, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and numerous Cowadoodee map packs) was working on Marvel: Ultimate Alliance when they decided for whatever reason they wanted to add Nintendo characters to the roster. Taking a "better to ask forgiveness later" approach, rather than running the idea by Nintendo, they just went to work on the characters as a surprise. When they were done, they showed Nintendo footage of Samus and Link in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, but they made one huge mistake: they showed Nintendo footage of the PS2 version (as identified by the button UI). Nintendo executives were appalled at the idea of their characters being used on a competitor's console without their permission (by American developers no less), so Nintendo sent Raven Software a sternly worded C&D order demanding that they remove the Nintendo-related content from all versions of the game.

Someone should have stood up to him for his faggotry, then maybe DNF would have came out on time.

Post yfw 6 fucking years.

If only Spoony didn't have his sperg fit we could've possibly had one good X-COM spin-off.

An obvious one

And nothing for value was lost.

First bioshock is decent.

No, it wasn't.

But can you tell why?

Shit gameplay
Shit story
Shit level design
Shit performance
No key rebinding

FPS with pretentious story and bland unrewarding combat.

lucky trips confirm it.

Maybe I have shit taste. It's not system shock level design but still way better than infinite. I have a feeling that 2K is full of sjws

I never played SS. I still think BS1 is shit.
That isn't much of accomplishment.

I simply don't think that it has a level design and gameplay as bad as you are saying. Where can i find a good, critic review of it?

Apparently they said they were going to pull a Ripoff thats basically the same game.

You do. Kill ya'self

Fuck you.

Brian Hook was the first to do so, too bad he only joined the DNF team in 2006. He's the reason why anything came out at all.

It was reworked into Yo-kai watch :^)

It hurts.

Which is what they should have done in the first place. But I guess they them knew all along that if they got people on board with Star Wars first then they could use the 30k followers they've accumulated to market their original game to.

What did Spoony cuck have to do with this?

It eventually came out as The Bureau Xcom Declassified. It was shit.

His whole BETRAYAL shtick came from seeing the trailer at E3 2010.

In all fairness, the game looked like shit, and what we got from it (The Bureau) was indeed shit.

It looks like D44M.

some people just want excuses to be whinning bitches

WHAAAT???! NO NO NO

Oh thank God. dubs. thank you.

I don't get it. Prey 2 was cash-in tier.

Pretty smart move to be honest.

even the russian skyrim mod for bionicle is pretty much dead
god damn why is it that every big company hates making money by actually making products that people want

they JUST put out some art updates on moddb lol
they're still working on it, they're just not really open about progress.

well it would be pretty easy to think it's dead that way, now wouldn't it
what updates though, i can't even find download files in their moddb page, only a few new images there

it was cancelled in my mind

really nigga

well i thought there was already a version that people can download and play
so when you say "updates" i understand "newer version that people can download and play"
i can't really call a few images much of an update
heck i can't even find a changelog

the only playable thing they ever put out was the weapons plugin

I'm not going to open any of these. Better if my mind doesn't know what could've been.

The phantom looks very silly. They'd have to polish the fuck out of that game. Nice lighting, though, reminds me of FEAR.

Because, in hindsight, Prey 2 was far *less* generic crap than the new generic crap!

To expand on what said:

Spoony, JewWario (RIP), and Angry Joe were running around E3 2010 getting interviews from pretty much any developer that would talk to them, and otherwise shooting videos on the show floor. At some point, they sat through the trailer for the upcoming X-COM game, unaware that Enemy Unknown was in development, so they were under the impression that the X-COM series as a turn based strategy was staying dead in favor of a Bioshock knockoff. Spoony decided to shoot a video on the show floor reacting to the trailer (based on their reactions, not running his idea by JewWario or Angry Joe beforehand) in which he screamed "BETRAYAL" repeatedly at the top of his lungs, surrounded by the developers and journalists who attend e3. According to LordFat (the stream masturbater), the result was TGWTG faggots got blacklisted from interviewing developers because unsurprisingly, no publisher wants their games on the receiving end of an autist having a public sperg fit.

So it's like the Zelda cycle, then. Squidward Sword will be a great game after NX Zelda.

The old Prey 2 looked fucking badass, I have no idea what you are talking about

I would have preferred that game over Shadow the Edgelord.
That game was shit.

would you kill la kill girl?

This could have been Overwatch 5 years before Overwatch. But they ripped the entire soul out of the game because literal 12 year olds told them to. They KNOW they done fucked up.

No, but Gamagori-senpai…

What?
Overwatch was its own project, it had nothing to due with Overstrike.

If only he'd join sooner, maybe then we'd have a better game than we have now. I just can't believe they spent 13 years in development hell making and abandoning builds which could have been lots of games.

Doesn't Angry Joe still get to go to events though?

World of Darkness. CCP bought white wolf, did some cool things with it and then realized they were spreading themselves too thin trying to be a Developer for two MMOs at the same time. White Wolf was then sold to Paradox when CCP realized it was a waste to just keep them shackled to CCP. Paradox specifically not only bought White Wolf but also the rights to World of Darkness and Vampire the Masquerade

It's in Never Ever land right now, not cancelled

Yes, repeatedly, climaxing inside while she ovulates

but game never came out, right?

Also that "winter" game for the Wii that had a silent hill vibe

Strelka Stories NEVER EVER

First one I'm posting is because as a young fucktard; I thought this shit would be awesome.

The Agency, it was supposed to be a MMO for the PS3. You had the choice of being a Spy or a Merc and your gear reflected it.

Gotten cancelled in 2011.

Daredevil for PS2. Looks kind of like the PS1 Spider-man games.

Psy Phi, a cancelled Yu Suzuki fighting game (this was post-Shenmue when Sega basically demoted him to working on failed projects) that featured touch controls and Budokai Tenkaichi like gameplay

Cancelled Vectorman reboot for PS2

Did someone say CCP?

Daily reminder of Project Vaulderie :^)

That's a whole different game and you know it you faggot

And we got Warfarm instead

No shit, he's saying it would've been a similar game hitting a similar market, but then they were told to scrap everything and make it 2EDGY2REAL and it ended up a generic shooter pile of shit.

This game would've been shit looking at whatever's left of it but I was obsessed with gangsters and the 20th century and I was disappointed when this got cancelled because I need something more than GTA and Saints Row.

Truly an odd situation that would have been amazing if activision didn't fuck up so hardcore.

The FPS was looking like shit. They released it too and guess what? It was fucking shit

Fuck me, this toy series and story had massive fucking potential for open world design

I mean, look at this fucking commercial. This fucking commercial gives me more chills than any movie I've seen in years.

Actually, Ow the Edge was pretty enjoyable for what it was.

If that's not good enough ,then it served as a good reminder as to why they shouldn't make a sanic game without sanic as the main character.

it was never a sonci game it was just using the basics as the framework. it was always a Shadow game.

I think that's one of the few "for the better" cancellations.

what? the environment destruction looks pretty sick

The framework was pretty good, but the main problem was that it wasn't Vectorman, it was more like doom armor or a spartain as opposed to the anti grav body of an orbot.

basically ,could have been good, but not really vectorman.

The cancelled C&C3 being made by Westwood looked really promising. While the C&C3 made by EALA was good and borrowed several elements from this version, a lot of the drawn and 3D concepts show more advanced technologies than the ones used in the final version, which sort of went backwards in tech compared to Tiberian Sun (using more conventional troops, weaponry, and vehicles instead of cyborgs and mechs that had existed prior). It also was going to feature a CABAL faction along with the Scrin, and the story was supposedly going to merge the Red Alert and Tiberian timelines (Yuri was apparently a psychic agent of Kane sent back in time).

It's the same game, just completely redone after Enemy Unknown came out and became the Xcom reboot 2K wanted to promote.

Holy fuck I'm mad.

It seems they tested it and people kept hurting their fingers with all the screen-rubbing.

This little Cavia thing.

Damn, Westwood actually knew the franchise would end with CnC 3 in advance. Also looks like the concept art had originally planned to keep the old infantry design from Tiberian Sun for Nod